PDA

View Full Version : Color Splitting/Hard to Breed

kelsee24
04-10-13, 09:04 AM
I swear this isn't another thread complaining about how hard it is to get black/pink dragon hybrids, so bear with me.

I can understand color splitting, and making it more challenging to get certain hybrids, but there has been a few times where I've gotten a coral dragon (water/magic hybrid) from breeding a night dragon with a dragon that was NOT blue, purple, or black. So far its been night/air, night/fire, and night/forest that has resulted in a coral dragon. This means that the hybrid (blue/purple) only took traits from the night dragon (blue/purple/black) and COMPLETELY neglected the other parent dragon.

Color splitting is one thing, but if you're breeding TWO dragons, the hybrid should have traits from BOTH parent dragons, not just one.

RotomGuy
04-10-13, 09:11 AM
The breeding den just picks a selection of random elements from the dragons you put in. It's fussy and likes to split Black and Pink apart.

And then it chooses a dragon from that combo, and then the dragons poop it out.

That's how the Breeding Den rolls, so when it's picking and choosing it just takes 2 or 3 random elements: not always from both dragons.

sollia
04-10-13, 09:43 AM
I wish elements would come from both dragons too, but it's just not the case sometimes, even with normal colors. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to breed a Griffin with another hybrid and ended up with a Sunrise.

pegasus14
04-10-13, 09:51 AM
In my case the traits seem to come from only one of the parents a majority of the time. On the plus side, while trying for pink hybrids my fails are mostly 5 hour Love dragons.

J85909266
04-10-13, 10:05 AM
The breeding rules don't make sense anymore. Don't even think about it. It's not worth it. I honestly think TL broke the breeding rules trying to fix the Passion/Infinity bug and can't or don't care to fix them.

Basically, there is no logical strategy when going for a black/mythic/pink hybrid or using 3 element or diamond element dragons for breeding. That's why it's so hard to breed anything but basic, two element hybrids, anymore. There are so many possibilities that actually getting what you want is very, very unlikely. Much more so than before.

angellahg
04-10-13, 11:33 AM
I dont understand why virtue x diamond splits now, it didnt before when unicorn was first introduced. Why change that one just because black splits?!

sollia
04-10-13, 11:42 AM
I dont understand why virtue x diamond splits now, it didnt before when unicorn was first introduced. Why change that one just because black splits?!

I think that rule is actually more related to Diamond than Night. Previously, if you did Diamond/Hybrid you would never get a Diamond hybrid. They changed it recently so that you can.
At least that's my understanding. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

teogionia
04-10-13, 12:04 PM
It was supposed to split, but at first they did not realized that rule was not working or whey did and fixed it as soon as they could. One way or another pink always can split and I am tired from unicorn breeding.

lollipop_rp
04-10-13, 12:23 PM
It has to choose random colors or else I think the three way 3 way dragons wouldn't work...

martiniman
04-10-13, 04:01 PM
Random is the key word. I bred 4 colours, got a 20 hr egg. Result.. ? Magic again... :(

Batdragon71
04-11-13, 12:49 PM
You say that it picks two or three of the elements of the breeding dragon, But you are supposed to be able to breed a Diamond which had 4 elements in it (not entirely sure which 4) so if that is true then it would or should take a sample of more than the two or three, but all 4 of the elements. Shouldn't it?

DragonTan1
04-11-13, 02:59 PM
You say that it picks two or three of the elements of the breeding dragon, But you are supposed to be able to breed a Diamond which had 4 elements in it (not entirely sure which 4) so if that is true then it would or should take a sample of more than the two or three, but all 4 of the elements. Shouldn't it?

Yeah, but it's random on how many colours it will take/ If you're very lucky then it will take all four colours and you will get Diamond.

mitsuyashi
04-11-13, 03:22 PM
First the atlas:
Breeds by combing green and blue and mythic but acts as only mythic and breeds like a mythic (red+yellow)
Now
The peacock:
Breeds by combing purple and yellow but breeds like only purple???
Why the change in breeding process??

DragonTan1
04-11-13, 03:24 PM
First the atlas:
Breeds by combing green and blue and mythic but acts as only mythic and breeds like a mythic (red+yellow)
Now
The peacock:
Breeds by combing purple and yellow but breeds like only purple???
Why the change in breeding process??

I agree, I don't see the point. TL are probably trying new things out but I hope they see it's stupid and stop it.

mitsuyashi
04-11-13, 03:29 PM
It's ridiculous. If you look at the sprites for each of the single colors (besides gemstones and unfortunately diamond ) these sprites are the only ONLY unique sprites among ALL dragons. Why take away from their rareness in appearance???? (although they all yield the smallest amounts) by giving another dragon their unique single color property even though those dragons are hybrids??
( infinity is my favorite I all dragons yet it was actually the first to fall victim to this pattern of hybrid breeds with single color.

RebeccaStiletto
04-11-13, 03:59 PM
Color splitting is making it _WAY_ too hard to breed hybrids like unicorn dragon. I have tried 138 times now and still no success. Only two times out of about 140 diamond didn't split but of course virtue did so I got two crusaders. Breeding unicorn is NOT ultra hard, it's downright impossible.

tonguelashing
04-11-13, 05:18 PM
I agree, I don't see the point. TL are probably trying new things out but I hope they see it's stupid and stop it.

Agreed!

fitfunsparkle
04-11-13, 06:42 PM
Random is the key word. I bred 4 colours, got a 20 hr egg. Result.. ? Magic again... :(

I am so tired of seeing 20 hours come up....... Enough already.

Batdragon71
04-12-13, 02:53 AM
Is there anyone from TL actually on this forum? it would be nice to have an official statement from the makers of the game on what is actually going on rather than for us to try and work it out and take a combined decade to do so.

Lestatsgirl
04-12-13, 11:24 AM
When I breed my black dragon the eggs i get are blue so if I'm breeding black and green im getting blue and green eggs why? What's going on?

sollia
04-12-13, 12:29 PM
The Black color does something called splitting. It means that when the game decides the offspring, it isn't just taking colors from Night/Whatever, it's Blue/Purple/Whatever.

Virtue does this too, only with Red and White.

lollipop_rp
04-12-13, 01:11 PM
Another splitting color question...
Anyways, the answer above is correct

Lestatsgirl
04-12-13, 01:52 PM
So how do I get the dragon eggs that are made with the black dragon? I really want the black and green one.

tr8on
04-12-13, 01:53 PM
Just gota keep trying.

sollia
04-12-13, 01:59 PM
There's no special trick. It's random. Keep at it!

DragonTan1
04-12-13, 02:30 PM
So how do I get the dragon eggs that are made with the black dragon? I really want the black and green one.

I got Mask, (3 times but once with Diamond) Bat & Goblin with a few tries compared to Deep & Hunter lol I can't get them! I haven't tried for Illusion but Hunter is the main one I want.

MonkeyMomma76
04-17-13, 07:54 PM
TL seriously needs to adjust this splitting thing. I guess it sort of made sense when it was just pink, but now with Black and Mythic splitting breeding is just WAY too complicated. It is extremely frustrating to have multiple fails and confusing outcomes every time you throw these guys in the den. I think the blended colors should only split 10-20 percent of the time. That only seems fair with all the new dragons that are out.

elitaserina
04-17-13, 08:03 PM
the majority of the time i bread i only get an egg from one parent.

elitaserina
04-17-13, 08:15 PM
when i bread my black i only get blue and purple no matter what the other dragon is. all i want are the night hybrids and it's making it really frustrating. i was hoping if i kept at it but i just get the two colors from it

elitaserina
04-17-13, 08:16 PM
what did you bread to get your bat and dragon?

MonteZamu
04-17-13, 08:29 PM
TL seriously needs to adjust this splitting thing. I guess it sort of made sense when it was just pink, but now with Black and Mythic splitting breeding is just WAY too complicated. It is extremely frustrating to have multiple fails and confusing outcomes every time you throw these guys in the den. I think the blended colors should only split 10-20 percent of the time. That only seems fair with all the new dragons that are out.

Personally I think TL might have introduced these splitting of elements. Just to make a certain rare/super-rare dragon, to be a more feasible outcome. Having alot more "fails" also adds the possibility of giving you an 'old' super rare dragon, you didn't have before. Seems logical to keep newer players interested. For older players who lack just those (2) elusive dragons, it's frustrating and a feat of accomplishment if you're able to snatch the last dragon(s). In a commercial viewpoint, it makes sense.

1cherryblossom
04-17-13, 09:43 PM
Due to the colours splitting almost all the time, all I've been getting are the old dragons, not a single hybrid that I was trying for.
I don't use my gold to speed up anymore, thus there's no need to purchase anymore gold.

alina386
04-18-13, 12:01 AM
Personally I think TL might have introduced these splitting of elements. Just to make a certain rare/super-rare dragon, to be a more feasible outcome. Having alot more "fails" also adds the possibility of giving you an 'old' super rare dragon, you didn't have before. Seems logical to keep newer players interested. For older players who lack just those (2) elusive dragons, it's frustrating and a feat of accomplishment if you're able to snatch the last dragon(s). In a commercial viewpoint, it makes sense.

All I get when breading black with other colours - only old COMMONS, black splitting in blue and purple. Yes, it is really frustrating.

cuzicouldyay
04-18-13, 12:04 AM
Due to the colours splitting almost all the time, all I've been getting are the old dragons, not a single hybrid that I was trying for.
I don't use my gold to speed up anymore, thus there's no need to purchase anymore gold.

Exactly! I stopped speeding up breeding. And with all these dragons having the same breed time, it just isn't worth it anymore to try speeding it up. There are so many stupid 12-hour red-yellow combos for instance.

auroracon
04-18-13, 11:15 AM
I have been trying for a dark hybrid every since the dark dragon came out (i got one right away) and for the life of me i can't get a single one! i have every other dragon available to kindle fire users (including all the diamond hybrids) and have never had this much trouble getting a dragon before

is there some sort of trick i dont know about? are we not meant to breed the dark with another element? i keep trying dark and water and keep getting water. or i was doing dark and diamond (since its all the elements) and also only kept getting water, and occassionally fire

i get that dark is blue and purple(red/blue) but shouldn't it also act as 'dark' when breeding? im so confused...

salinho
04-18-13, 11:36 AM
Same problem here. Something funky going on. Not fun at all. :(

Magikot
04-18-13, 11:59 AM
I can't get any either except the two bat dragons I bred in the first few days after they were released. It is very frustrating.

auroracon
04-18-13, 12:08 PM
are you guys using kindle fire by any chance?

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 12:27 PM
I got them with these combos..

Night & Tiny = Mask
Night & Origami = Mask
Mask & Origami = Goblin
Night & Sunrise = Bat
Night & Water = Deep
Night & Anubis = Illusion
Night & Forest = Hunter
Night & Diamond = Dark Angel

Only Hunter & Dark Angel were difficult to get, the rest took a few tries. Goodluck.

itzjulezzz
04-18-13, 01:11 PM
I mix my night dragon with a dragon with three colors, I got the goblin off night & super & then I got the Bat off Mirage & Night...the checked the game in the middle of the night & out of habit, sold it. soooooo back to breeding for that again. :o

elitaserina
04-18-13, 04:54 PM
it's not breeding right, maybe its because i'm on the android. but i'm starting to think it just doesn't recognize them as being its own color. i only get blue and purple.

1cherryblossom
04-18-13, 05:51 PM
it's not breeding right, maybe its because i'm on the android. but i'm starting to think it just doesn't recognize them as being its own color. i only get blue and purple.

The splitting is on all devices, not just android. It's now almost impossible to get these hybrids. I'm waiting for TL to do their corrections.

elitaserina
04-18-13, 08:11 PM
do they do corrections?

fitfunsparkle
04-20-13, 03:19 PM
I have tried night with all of the single color dragons. I have tried it with two and three color dragons. Still not one hybrid! I mainly get wizards, magic , and islands....Over, and over, and over!

danni7788
04-21-13, 10:29 AM
I just have to say that after a month or so of nonstop trying, I finally have a black hybrid!!!! I am so excited! Tried aurora and night forever, then wizard and night, and my latest combo was air and night, and today I got a Bat. I got like 8 Mists and 4 genies in the process and a few Corals, but I finally did it!! I may take a break from these for awhile!

mymummy789
04-21-13, 10:43 AM
I just have to say that after a month or so of nonstop trying, I finally have a black hybrid!!!! I am so excited! Tried aurora and night forever, then wizard and night, and my latest combo was air and night, and today I got a Bat. I got like 8 Mists and 4 genies in the process and a few Corals, but I finally did it!! I may take a break from these for awhile!

I've also got lucky over the last week. I was using hybrids with my night dragon in the hope that I'd get at least one black hybrid, but then decided to go back to using pure breeds. I finally got a deep dragon last week with night and water and today I got an illusion with night and magic :)
Still got five more to get though, including the diamond and pink hybrids :(

danni7788
04-21-13, 10:47 AM
I've also got lucky over the last week. I was using hybrids with my night dragon in the hope that I'd get at least one black hybrid, but then decided to go back to using pure breeds. I finally got a deep dragon last week with night and water and today I got an illusion with night and magic :)
Still got five more to get though, including the diamond and pink hybrids :(

Congrats!! That kind of strengthens my theory that deep and illusion may be the easiest black hybrids to get- it seems like most people have those (if any), and I think it's because the color pool is considerably smaller when you breed them (since those are the colors black splits into) then if you add a different color in the mix. I only have two pink hybrids and I really want to get more of them, but I'm gonna go back to trying for diamond and just hope I get a lucky pink hybrid in the process. I feel like I get luckier when I'm not trying for anything in particular!

DragonTan1
04-21-13, 11:07 AM
Easiest black/pink dragons for me are Tiny, Mask & Goblin. I've seen the others a few times too... pink/black hybrids are hard to get but for me, Atlas and Medusa were even harder!! The black and pink hybrids were easy compared to those 2.

I got Medusa with Familliar/Mythic and Atlas with Mythic/Diamond , it was actually easy to get Atlas with Diamond. I have never been able to get Atlas without Diamond.

cedkugedchgd
04-22-13, 06:57 AM
i found something strange when you're breeding a diamond with an element that splits: dark, pink and mythic. for example when i was trying to breed dark angel, i actually got way more wizards than corals. i think in the process i got about 25 wizards and 5 corals, that's all. but i don't get that cause wizard's supposed to be rare, doesn't it?

currently i'm trying to breed helios and get one eagle after another. i barely get firestorms. i don't know if it's the same with diamond + virtue cause i got my unicorn when pink didn't split.

so my theory is that TL made wizard and eagle more common than coral or firestorm cause these two dragon's breeding times are longer than from the common ones. so they're actually forcing us to spend lots of gold on speed breeding. i don't know if i'm right...

metalsubzero
04-22-13, 07:04 AM
i found something strange when you're breeding a diamond with an element that splits: dark, pink and mythic. for example when i was trying to breed dark angel, i actually got way more wizards than corals. i think in the process i got about 25 wizards and 5 corals, that's all. but i don't get that cause wizard's supposed to be rare, doesn't it?

currently i'm trying to breed helios and get one eagle after another. i barely get firestorms. i don't know if it's the same with diamond + virtue cause i got my unicorn when pink didn't split.

so my theory is that TL made wizard and eagle more common than coral or firestorm cause these two dragon's breeding times are longer than from the common ones. so they're actually forcing us to spend lots of gold on speed breeding. i don't know if i'm right...

I agree with u.. Just like how Magic is rare, but I keep getting those freaky monsters whenever red/blue/purple are in the mix.. I'm pretty sure theee are a few dragons with super long breeding times which they set to get it like 90% of the time..

1cherryblossom
04-22-13, 07:21 AM
I've been trying to get unicorn. The results are 6 laser lights , 5 tuskers and 1 love dragon. Talk about the long fails!

jmterao
04-22-13, 07:39 AM
I know. I had wondered the same thing. Seems they have now disregarded what is supposed to be rare in favor of long fail times. Making it harder and harder for me to want to keep playing this game.

DragonTan1
04-22-13, 07:52 AM

You're right, I noticed this too which is why I only used gold on the 12 hours or less fails.... the rest I used gold towards the end.

kurebiz
04-22-13, 08:04 AM
Previously, when I bred diamond with another hybrid, I find its easier to get the rare/super rare dragons, rather than breeding the 2 pure colours. (This was before android had pinks, there was nth else to do except try to breed dragons that I lacked)

But, not for helios. I had lots more firestorms than all the other rarity dragons combined.

sand
04-22-13, 08:32 AM
This is a problem for you folks? You're bothered about getting rares because some have longer morph times? SMH
I wish I had your troubles. All I ever get from Diamond-Virtue is a flock of Loves. All I ever get from Diamond-Night is a reef of Corals. All I ever get from Diamond- Mythic is a herd of Firestorms (except for 2 more Mythic dragons recently).
I'm not one of those players who are only missing a handful of dragons. I'm missing at least 40 hybrids and would be thankful if my Diamond pairings would drop something other than commons. (Although Virtue & Magic are ranked "rare" I consider them common because of their frequency and trade value.)

RotomGuy
04-22-13, 09:44 AM
I've been noticing this too. I never get Loves (5 hr) but I always get Leopard or Eagle (14 hr). Conveniently I don't get many Sunrise's though.

Darkstorm2
04-22-13, 09:56 AM
IMO sunrise dragons are the worst fails. 24 hours are wasted and when you trade them, you get squat

RotomGuy
04-22-13, 10:11 AM
IMO sunrise dragons are the worst fails. 24 hours are wasted and when you trade them, you get squat

48 hours.

Darkstorm2
04-22-13, 10:14 AM
Oh yeah I forgot. It's only 12 for me now. TL in their genius

J85909266
04-22-13, 10:26 AM
Yes, I've noticed this too. Back in the day, I tried for months to get Planet and Titan and got nothing but Charm. Trying to breed a Goblin Dragon, I've gotten 32 hour Titan fails 5 times. I also get a ton of 22 hour wizard fails breeding Night with anything.

They've tweaked the breeding rules to be as unfair as possible.

fitfunsparkle
04-22-13, 11:51 AM
Yes, I've noticed this too. Back in the day, I tried for months to get Planet and Titan and got nothing but Charm. Trying to breed a Goblin Dragon, I've gotten 32 hour Titan fails 5 times. I also get a ton of 22 hour wizard fails breeding Night with anything.

They've tweaked the breeding rules to be as unfair as possible.
I could have all of my habitats full of wizards if i kept the fails from night & anything else. All i ever get are wizards and i am tired of them and not having even one night hybrid.

Mani_Sari
04-22-13, 11:54 AM
It took me months to get my first Wizard, breeding magic/water constantly, got so many of the super rares and yet still missing this rare. Now it's so common i'd be happy to have coral fails too.

J85909266
04-22-13, 11:56 AM
Same hear. Been trying for nothing but straight night hybrids since release of the night dragon and nothing. Not one.

I finally decided to give it a rest this week and try for peacock/cosmic instead, but nothing but genies, so far. lol

I honestly don't even know why I play, anymore.

RebeccaStiletto
04-26-13, 12:16 AM
I'm also really tired of breeding Unicorn. I just can't get it no matter how hard I try! 178 tries is not enough, seriously?! I'm going to keep going to see just how impossible it is to get. I'm not enjoying the ride but I'll inform you if I somehow succeed. How many people are willing to breed 200 times for a dragon, come on!

awsumum
04-26-13, 12:55 AM
I'm also really tired of breeding Unicorn. I just can't get it no matter how hard I try! 178 tries is not enough, seriously?! I'm going to keep going to see just how impossible it is to get. I'm not enjoying the ride but I'll inform you if I somehow succeed. How many people are willing to breed 200 times for a dragon, come on!

I have honestly tried for dark angel more than 250 times, ultra rare is an understatement! It's the last dragon needed to complete my album (as I just got Helios and eclipse today:) ) it's sort of become personal now! I won't give up either, plus I'll keep my fingers crossed for you with your unicorn hunt.

riisak
05-16-13, 12:37 PM
You have added so many breeding possibilities for half dragons (virtue & night) that they should no longer be considered half elements. Their breeding should not split. It was justifiable when there was only 1 outcome but there are now like 3+ and you have added super rares. IT IS NOT A MINOR ELEMENT anymore so stop letting it breed like one.

RotomGuy
05-16-13, 12:55 PM
If they didn't split I would get Kite every time I bred. I still want them to split (so that my 300+ tries weren't for nothing) but not nearly as much.

lollipop_rp
05-16-13, 01:03 PM
If they have more than one dragon for each combination
Ex. Pink x Fire= justice

If it didn't split, we would always get justice like the above said.
If it did split, we would get more options making the game harder.

For the game to not split the minor colors, we would need more possibilities for each combination

RotomGuy
05-16-13, 01:04 PM
I think the reason all these new Pinks and Blacks are being released as pures is because TL want to keep the tidy one hybrid per colour and make the rest pures.

riisak
05-16-13, 01:15 PM
I think the reason all these new Pinks and Blacks are being released as pures is because TL want to keep the tidy one hybrid per colour and make the rest pures.

I sincerely hope that's where it's going because it's becoming unreasonable.

karamsay
05-16-13, 01:24 PM
I think it makes sense to have a common, rare, and super rare of each color combo. But that all have different breed times. So I could put red/green in the den and not know which dragon I'm getting until I look at the time remaining. To me, that is part of what makes breeding fun.

However, since pinks & blacks don't have the full complement of combos yet, I'm glad they split, so I have enough possible outcomes when breeding. Hopefully all this silly single-color outcomes will die down and TL will get around to fleshing out the bicolor dragons! Then it would be reasonable for them to stop splitting.

lunarbunny
05-16-13, 01:34 PM
For me my favorite part of the game is when I hold my breath a little just when I put my dragons in the den, before I know what I've got! When I got my diamond I squealed and jumped lol, fam thought I was crazy... But if the colors didn't split it wouldn't be that way, bc I would know what I got, so it's bittersweet I'm glad they split, but when they do it for days, it's gets tiring. Who said anything that was easy was fun though?

lollipop_rp
05-16-13, 05:10 PM
Pures are becoming extremely hard though
And too many elements would be to confusing.
This should be enough elements and we can just get more hybrids. Maybe some more crafting dragons.

This is very very very very very hard. Nothing like a game lol but its got great graphics and ideas

topherocious
05-16-13, 05:32 PM
I've been lucky enough to get hybrids of color splitters (though it's taken several tries) however I think they should implement a glue boost that when used, color splitting, such as Night, Pink, Cosmic, and Mythic, have a less chance at splitting when breeding.

Helios still hasn't arrived at my island but I will not give up!

funnyrandomness5112
05-16-13, 05:34 PM
I've been lucky enough to get hybrids of color splitters (though it's taken several tries) however I think they should implement a glue boost that when used, color splitting, such as Night, Pink, Cosmic, and Mythic, have a less chance at splitting when breeding.

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. But The only thing that I would hate if it was like 100,000 coins for other people and then there's me, 100 Gold. >.<

DragonTan1
05-16-13, 05:36 PM

That's a good idea for the glue boost but TL will probably add a ridiculous price on that like the boosted breed.

lexxarose3
05-20-13, 10:13 PM
Ive already bred two Virtue Dragons and am trying to breed it with other colours to get Bubble Flower Justice Etc... And It Keeps Splitting. It Keeps Taking Light Dragon Qualities . My Other Dragons Are Fine..just The Pink. Any Idea What I Can Do

dragnzMomma
06-26-13, 10:24 AM
:mad:
What is going on!? With all of these new dragon types coming out, why is it that i have not gotten a new dragon egg in over 4 weeks? Whether i try for a pink or black or cosmic or mystic hybrid, NO MATTER WHICH, they all split to their original colors! I cant get a stone or a fairytale either. This is extremely frustrating. HELP!

yayacupcake
06-26-13, 10:34 AM
What is going on!? With all of these new dragon types coming out, why is it that i have not gotten a new dragon egg in over 4 weeks? Whether i try for a pink or black or cosmic or mystic hybrid, NO MATTER WHICH, they all split to their original colors! I cant get a stone or a fairytale either. This is extremely frustrating. HELP!

Sounds like bad luck. To me it seems that the basic elements ( Fairytale, Stone, etc. ) are harder to get then the Super Rares that are left... Fairytale took me about 20+ tries with 2 or 3 dawn tree fails, are several Fairy/Parakeet fails. Stone was even worse, had 25 - 30 attempts with about 3 - 4 pegasus fails, 2 - 3 dawn tree fails... getting new dragons is definitely harder now-a-days.

lollipop_rp
06-26-13, 11:27 AM
I got sooo many ft and chesrir but no big bad

wolftiger1234
06-26-13, 01:23 PM

Has been my problem for a while up until recently-right after I got stone (which took well over 40 fails) I got golem, moon and Cheshire and now today while trying for black swan, I got kitsune instead first try! Never have i had luck like this before! 4 first try dragons isn't too bad I would say :) but now the food I need...ugh. Wish they would give us new crops!

beejk
06-27-13, 03:30 AM
Has been my problem for a while up until recently-right after I got stone (which took well over 40 fails) I got golem, moon and Cheshire and now today while trying for black swan, I got kitsune instead first try! Never have i had luck like this before! 4 first try dragons isn't too bad I would say :) but now the food I need...ugh. Wish they would give us new crops!

I have been very lucky with breeding lately,it took me 1 try to get fairytale,2 trys for chesire and 2 for big bad,also got some pink/black hybrids.but i cant remember the last time i fed 1 dragon to epic.:)

mityaj
07-09-13, 12:10 PM
Blue has been under-utilized in the splitters. If we look at the primary colors used in the new splitting elements, we have:

Red 3 times: Pink, Mythic, Dinosaurs
Green 3 times: Fairytale, Stone, Dinosaurs
Yellow 3 times: Mythic, Fairytale, Cosmic
Purple 2 times: Night, Cosmic
Light 2 times: Pink, Stone
Blue 1 time: Night

Since blue/purple already exists, I suspect it will be blue/light... Or may be a 3-color collapse)))

danni7788
07-09-13, 12:20 PM
Interesting thing to notice!! I always hoped they would to a turquoise/teal element by combining blue/green, but I wouldn't want it to be one of these weird, solo habitat, 3 dragon releases. It would be nice to have it go back to the way it was. Maybe they will do that with blue/light and have a light blue color. That would be so pretty.

allenomg
07-09-13, 01:10 PM
wonder what they could do

cloud dragons!? water & light :cool:

knj00
07-09-13, 01:16 PM
They could always use blue/white to do some kind of cold winter type dragons. That's what I think of anyway with blue/white. :)

wayneh23
07-09-13, 01:41 PM
much better ideas than dino dragons

danni7788
07-09-13, 05:32 PM
Ahh yes! Cloud and frost/ice would be so awesome.

danni7788
07-09-13, 06:02 PM
Also I realized that winter is now the only thing you can get from water/light. It's time for another option!

AzHadz
07-11-13, 06:19 PM
I don't have a familiar yet on my iOS island, and put in Magic and Emerald to breed. Choices should be 21 hrs (poison) or 18 hrs (familiar)..I'm getting 22 HRS!!! WHAT ON EARTH??? 22hrs is Wizard or Mindvolt.

Olena
07-11-13, 06:19 PM
I've got a weird 11hrs breed from Ruby and Emerald(can't get Dino for about two weeks now - life after life with a few wild). It can't be Athletic - there is no sign of blue in that combo! .

Should I contact TL or is it "normal" to get something complitly different from mixing just two colors?

hamadrys
07-11-13, 06:26 PM
I wonder if TL is going to reimburse the gold to all the poor people that have spent many trying to breed some dragons while it was jigged because of their mistake ? Probably not !

moostermine
07-11-13, 06:39 PM
I wonder if TL is going to reimburse the gold to all the poor people that have spent many trying to breed some dragons while it was jigged because of their mistake ? Probably not !

Nope! Especially since its an exciting new feature now! Just think! Now we should be able to get DA with fire and forest! WOW! AWESOME!

igames4me
07-11-13, 06:44 PM
It's not a glitch

Breeding rules changed

Olena
07-11-13, 06:46 PM
Same here - Ruby + Emerald got me 11hrs breed.

Wondering the same - how many players actually were busy with speeding ups to get new Rainbow dragon (or another one, maybe last hour Saturn speeding ups to get him before he's gone). I hope to see any explanations about this issue.

Olena
07-11-13, 06:49 PM
It's not a glitch

Breeding rules changed

Changed how? So, we can breed fire and forest and eventually we would get all the dragons from this combo? Because somebody said already that the've got diamond from forest(or it was fire) and water. It's not normal.

scottyhaha
07-11-13, 06:52 PM
Nope! Especially since its an exciting new feature now! Just think! Now we should be able to get DA with fire and forest! WOW! AWESOME!

Did you get your DA with that combo!?

igames4me
07-11-13, 06:52 PM
Hi, everyone! You may have noticed new updates to Breeding. These updates are the foundation for something very special coming your way! We'll reveal more early next week. :)

Changed how? So, we can breed fire and forest and eventually we would get all the dragons from this combo? Because somebody said already that the've got diamond from forest(or it was fire) and water. It's not normal.

Response from tl

godofsparkle
07-11-13, 07:05 PM
Same here - Ruby + Emerald got me 11hrs breed.

Wondering the same - how many players actually were busy with speeding ups to get new Rainbow dragon (or another one, maybe last hour Saturn speeding ups to get him before he's gone). I hope to see any explanations about this issue.

11 hours is kite, athletic, mirage, mask...ruby & emerald is red & green, so...maybe green is treated blue+yellow now ? And your egg would be mirage...perhaps

zhynabella
Yeah and the early next week revelation skips the weekend and meanwhile we cannot play the game as before since there is nothing explained at this time about the "new rules".
It sure has become a roulette. It is random enough to get a parakeet from water/air, or island from diamond/air.

How can i breed the cosmic at this point??? OMG!! Empty habitat forever.

moostermine
Did you get your DA with that combo!?

Lol! No! I had to do it the hard way!

deffy2
07-11-13, 10:41 PM
this morning i put Fire and Emerald on breeding den and got 20 hours breeding time, check on the dragon egg list and can't find what dragon i will get with that combo, could someone help me here? is it a bug or a new dragon that haven't update yet in dragon eggs list? thanks

AzHadz
07-11-13, 10:47 PM
this morning i put Fire and Emerald on breeding den and got 20 hours breeding time, check on the dragon egg list and can't find what dragon i will get with that combo, could someone help me here? is it a bug or a new dragon that haven't update yet in dragon eggs list? thanks

NOt a bug...It's an idiotic new breeding change in preparation for "something special"...this is utter stupidity of course.

so My guess is you got a Magic

moostermine
07-11-13, 10:52 PM
NOt a bug...It's an idiotic new breeding change in preparation for "something special"...this is utter stupidity of course.

Oh I remember! You got the wizard when using purple and green! That got moved to the splitting thread!

deffy2
07-11-13, 10:55 PM

WHATTTT? MAGIC???? oh come on TL. i am so happy when i saw its not 3hours, or 6 hours so i think i will got a new dragon, this is ridiculous.

deffy2
07-11-13, 10:56 PM
Oh I remember! You got the wizard when using purple and green! That got moved to the splitting thread!

i am really upset now, i don't want another magic on my land. i wish TL can fix this ASAP.

twinklingstarz
07-12-13, 03:03 AM
I bred Sapphire/Topaz and got a Fruitful, Mist, Rainbow(Finally!), and now a 20 hour in den using same combo. Where did Fruitful and 20 hour come from? Wow, breeding doesn't make sense anymore.

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 03:06 AM
Onyx and Quart 6 hr breed time.

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 03:16 AM
It's probably an island....that seems to be the default

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 03:17 AM
quart + onyx = 6 hrs ? What do you guess, wild?

alyssafriends
07-12-13, 03:18 AM
I'm going to try diamond + infinity and see if I can get a unicorn lol

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 03:32 AM
I think when you breed Blue (Onyx=Purple + Blue), Green will go into result too! Also, so many reports got Island or Fruitful with Blue and Yellow!

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 03:33 AM
I bred Sapphire/Topaz and got a Fruitful, Mist, Rainbow(Finally!), and now a 20 hour in den using same combo. Where did Fruitful and 20 hour come from? Wow, breeding doesn't make sense anymore.

PonyRoar said it's new change for something "special"

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 03:33 AM
It's Island

twinklingstarz
07-12-13, 03:43 AM
PonyRoar said it's new change for something "special"

Thank you, I was a little behind on the threads. I don't think I like the "special" that's coming.

Skip2TheEnd
07-12-13, 05:12 AM
I just got a atlantis by breeding ruby and emerald trying for dino, what is going on?

mrarfan
07-12-13, 05:14 AM
I just got a atlantis by breeding ruby and emerald trying for dino, what is going on?

Ok! This is getting weird!

lilobrat05
07-12-13, 08:52 AM
I just bred topaz and emerald trying for another fairytale so I can try for chesire and big bad before they are removed. This is my third try breeding them together in the last two days first time got a fruitful, second parakeet, third got a 22 hour time.....is it a mindvolt? If so how does that happen? I bred two pures together green and orange......if the breeding is totally random now why bother even playing this game anymore or even having the dragons be certain colors......I hope someone from TL explains soon. I've had such a hard time breeding dragons since they came out with the virtue......night.....and etc. I loved this game but now I'm starting to despise it. I have already missed out on 4 of the removed dragons because I couldn't breed them in time and I missed quetzel because I don't even have a diamond dragon yet and I've been playing this game since it came out :( Maybe it's just time for me to quit playing. I think TL is driving a lot of people away because they are changing the breeding rules and making it so hard to bred any new dragons. I get maybe one new dragon a month now. I just get fail after fail trying for these new dragons. I have one cosmic in my 6 million habitat and couldn't breed eclipse or saturn. Also never got passion even though I bred left and right together so many times. Oh well I guess that's part of it just wish they wouldn't remove the dragons so quickly and would leave the breeding rules alone!!!!!

sheardear
07-12-13, 09:24 AM
I just bred topaz and emerald trying for another fairytale so I can try for chesire and big bad before they are removed. This is my third try breeding them together in the last two days first time got a fruitful, second parakeet, third got a 22 hour time.....is it a mindvolt? If so how does that happen? I bred two pures together green and orange......if the breeding is totally random now why bother even playing this game anymore or even having the dragons be certain colors......I hope someone from TL explains soon. I've had such a hard time breeding dragons since they came out with the virtue......night.....and etc. I loved this game but now I'm starting to despise it. I have already missed out on 4 of the removed dragons because I couldn't breed them in time and I missed quetzel because I don't even have a diamond dragon yet and I've been playing this game since it came out :( Maybe it's just time for me to quit playing. I think TL is driving a lot of people away because they are changing the breeding rules and making it so hard to bred any new dragons. I get maybe one new dragon a month now. I just get fail after fail trying for these new dragons. I have one cosmic in my 6 million habitat and couldn't breed eclipse or saturn. Also never got passion even though I bred left and right together so many times. Oh well I guess that's part of it just wish they wouldn't remove the dragons so quickly and would leave the breeding rules alone!!!!!

Me too using emerald and air in an attempt at getting a second FT so I can breed them together and I get a very exclusive........mist now got 22 hours guess I'm getting another mindvolt �� I'm soo depressed havnt had a new dragon in months, missed all the cosmic group trying like crazy to get Cheshire and BB before they disappear. Might just have to quit this game.
TL PLEASE MAKE IT CHANGE BACK
I don't think any of use are gonna like this "special surprise" couldn't they at least let us know before they make changes?
Is it really gonna be worth it?
Too many new dragons, too may fails, and not enough time

[S8] Elsa
07-12-13, 10:43 AM
Me too using emerald and air in an attempt at getting a second FT so I can breed them together and I get a very exclusive........mist now got 22 hours guess I'm getting another mindvolt �� I'm soo depressed havnt had a new dragon in months, missed all the cosmic group trying like crazy to get Cheshire and BB before they disappear. Might just have to quit this game.
TL PLEASE MAKE IT CHANGE BACK
I don't think any of use are gonna like this "special surprise" couldn't they at least let us know before they make changes?
Is it really gonna be worth it?
Too many new dragons, too may fails, and not enough time

Yes, it's really worth it.

aceblade
07-12-13, 10:59 AM

If PonyRoar is in, so am I.... even if Pony has yet to ROAR for me.
:D

sunkalito
07-12-13, 11:04 AM

WHAT IN THE WORLD can possibly compensate for even more complicated breeding? :/ i think whatever it is, it's gonna be horrible not knowing what we might get from breeding certain colors. I mean, fire and air, and out pops a wizard. To me, that does not compute. Breeding rules, go home. silly rules.

Autorithy
07-12-13, 11:07 AM
The passion/ infinity bug was fixed months ago, this is a new bug and untill they fix it I stop breeding cos there is no way to breed anything if the basic colors split
The breeding rules don't make sense anymore. Don't even think about it. It's not worth it. I honestly think TL broke the breeding rules trying to fix the Passion/Infinity bug and can't or don't care to fix them.

Basically, there is no logical strategy when going for a black/mythic/pink hybrid or using 3 element or diamond element dragons for breeding. That's why it's so hard to breed anything but basic, two element hybrids, anymore. There are so many possibilities that actually getting what you want is very, very unlikely. Much more so than before.

FrozenTurtle
07-12-13, 12:14 PM
Hey everyone, we have a post pertaining to our recent breeding changes here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?55525-Breeding-Changes-7-11-13). Please direct all discussion on the matter to that thread. Trust us, that you will enjoy what's coming. :)

HenryLucky1
07-12-13, 09:39 PM
Hey everyone, we have a post pertaining to our recent breeding changes here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?55525-Breeding-Changes-7-11-13). Please direct all discussion on the matter to that thread. Trust us, that you will enjoy what's coming. :)

I'll wait, it's multi platform, right?

mindymonkey
07-13-13, 07:02 PM
This is weird diffently. My daughter is on IOS and has breed four island dragons with light and emerald and two sunrise with water and virtue. I told her to hold off breeding until TL lets us in on the NEW rules, its so hard with new dragons coming out, but we're excited( Im android) and just happy we even both have this beautiful game......frustrating as it can be at times with all the issues. So thank you TL for letting us even have the ability to play being two different users.

Angelus002
07-22-13, 12:21 AM

I so agree!!!

Angelus002
07-22-13, 12:24 AM

Could you please explain your comment, What 2 elusive dragons are you talking about?

alyssafriends
08-27-13, 03:03 PM
I've been trying for hunter or troll for over a month now. I've got at least 4 Atlantis (super rare) and 6 Aether (super rare) and countless rares and commons but no hunter or troll. I'm convinced that the changes TL made when adding gemstone dragons has totally messed up black (and probably pink) hybrids. NOT HAPPY.....

vozier
08-27-13, 03:25 PM
i would be very happy to get atlantis or aether, i have gotten nothing but islands and poison... sucks.
This game is falling apart.

dragon1fighter
08-27-13, 03:40 PM
I have like 2 trolls 2 hunters 3 illusions and bat using quetzal and night or anubis and night trying for dark angel

alyssafriends
08-27-13, 05:31 PM
I have like 2 trolls 2 hunters 3 illusions and bat using quetzal and night or anubis and night trying for dark angel

Well, I tried your reverse psychology and used dark angel and dawntree. First attempt got a Mercury.

dragon1fighter
08-27-13, 06:02 PM
Well, I tried your reverse psychology and used dark angel and dawntree. First attempt got a Mercury.

Congrats and you're welcome :p but that mercury should've been mine lol

alyssafriends
08-28-13, 03:32 AM
Congrats and you're welcome :p but that mercury should've been mine lol

I'll trade you for a troll and a hunter. Now I have 2 Mercurys and can't fit them because of habitat limit... :(

Anyuszko
08-28-13, 03:59 AM
I am trying for black ang pink hybrids as well. What I wanna breed, is a mask, but if I breed nightxvirtue I got like ~20 11hrs, but all ended with athletic, and no mask. (both are considered "rare"). Also, I got 2 goblins, which I am happy, but strange that super rare goblin seems to bo easier than rare mask.

On another acc, I got a third goblin, but no mask there too.

Anyuszko
08-30-13, 01:31 AM
Successfully bred my 3rd Goblin. Now I am trading 2, to get two black big gem.

What should I craft now, what do you offer? My favourite is Tigers eye, but can do also onyx or jade.

pegasus14
08-30-13, 08:33 AM
Successfully bred my 3rd Goblin. Now I am trading 2, to get two black big gem.

What should I craft now, what do you offer? My favourite is Tigers eye, but can do also onyx or jade.

If it were me I'd go for the favorite before TL decides to remove it, too before you have a chance to get more big black gems to craft it with.

Anyuszko
08-30-13, 10:40 AM
If it were me I'd go for the favorite before TL decides to remove it, too before you have a chance to get more big black gems to craft it with.

Yup, it is a good idea. All dragons are in danger.... removing danger.

fitfunsparkle
08-30-13, 03:19 PM

Dark angel is the only night i could get (besides craftable lotus, winnable yinyang, and double black night elf). I still have none of the other hybrids. It is very frustrating. Being able to craft anything with onyx is a long way off for me, if it ever happens at all.

1cherryblossom
08-30-13, 06:16 PM
The splitting will just get worse, look at Leo, tropic, gemstone, Dino, stone. All these new elements split! I'm getting frustrated with this kind of play, where we have no control of the game. Everything is based on luck, which is decided
by the developers. The success rate of getting these elements to stick is very low, lower than previously it seems.
Just look at our fellow players' nests! Many with mists, islands and oh, the 'rare' magic.

zhynabella
08-31-13, 11:36 PM
I am not even sure anymore. Tried epic yin yang and epic fairy, out of many possibilities I got a Mist. And sadly spent gold to speed up hoping for a rainbow which still don't have.

cquinn32
09-01-13, 07:02 AM
Is it just me or do the black hybrids seem much harder to get than the pink ones?

motylave
09-02-13, 03:20 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I can't find it anywhere. Whenever I try to breed anything from a night dragon I always get a coral egg. It's getting a bit tedious now. Is this a glitch? I even get a coral when breeding black and white!

Thanks
Motylave

Disel8
09-02-13, 04:00 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I can't find it anywhere. Whenever I try to breed anything from a night dragon I always get a coral egg. It's getting a bit tedious now. Is this a glitch? I even get a coral when breeding black and white!

Thanks
Motylave

You'll always have chance of breeding a coral when using a night dragon or night hybrid as night nearly always spilts, so you will end up with purple or blue hence coral!

alyssafriends
09-02-13, 05:07 PM

Thanks
Motylave

Yeah, I'm convinced that they changed the rules. I haven't got a black hybrid in over 3 months. Ridiculous.

Anyuszko
09-02-13, 10:27 PM
I am trying to get black hybrids as well and I am luckier , got a night elf yesterday also 2 goblins in the past 2 weeks . Trading the i was able craft my tigers eye .

Still, black hybrids are not easy . For me it seems pink are harder , during this week i was breeding night hybrids with virtue hybrids, got these night hybrids but no pink ones .

noir77
09-03-13, 06:46 PM
Ah... splitting is really bad as usual. I've been trying mythic/diamond, attempting to get atlas or helios. About two weeks and I've got a ton of eagles, air and fire. And even another gold dragon. No atlas even. :(

Skip2TheEnd
09-03-13, 07:21 PM
Ah... splitting is really bad as usual. I've been trying mythic/diamond, attempting to get atlas or helios. About two weeks and I've got a ton of eagles, air and fire. And even another gold dragon. No atlas even. :(

I've had the same problem trying for dark angel, preferred it when the minor colour didn't split when breeding with diamond, would be very useful in getting black gems. Recommend using mythic x mythic combo for atlas. Funny thing is I was in the same situation as you, but got atlas using the combo stated above, and randomly got helios with your combo. I was expecting another firestorm, seeing the helios egg made me fall of my chair!

noir77
09-04-13, 03:04 AM
I've had the same problem trying for dark angel, preferred it when the minor colour didn't split when breeding with diamond, would be very useful in getting black gems. Recommend using mythic x mythic combo for atlas. Funny thing is I was in the same situation as you, but got atlas using the combo stated above, and randomly got helios with your combo. I was expecting another firestorm, seeing the helios egg made me fall of my chair!

Lucky! Helios is so elusive.
One of my neighbours suggested mythic/mythic for atlas too. Problem is that the game hasn't given me a mythic fail yet haha. I'll just keep trying with this same combo , and maybe alternate with night/diamond too for DA. *falling behind on all releases* pretty much don't care anymore about the new elements tbh.

Storm7485
09-08-13, 04:49 PM
Is anyone else having trouble breeding the new dragons since the breeding changes. I have been unable to breed one single new dragon since the change. Prior to the breeding changes I had no trouble getting them at all. It is very strange that this is happening. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. I'm going to be deleting Dragon Story off my I-Pad if this doesn't change because it's making the game boring. I really like this game but they are deleting the dragons faster then I can breed them and I can't afford to buy them.

elwood99
09-08-13, 11:32 PM
Is anyone else having trouble breeding the new dragons since the breeding changes. I have been unable to breed one single new dragon since the change. Prior to the breeding changes I had no trouble getting them at all. It is very strange that this is happening. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. I'm going to be deleting Dragon Story off my I-Pad if this doesn't change because it's making the game boring. I really like this game but they are deleting the dragons faster then I can breed them and I can't afford to buy them.

Hang in there. I had the same problem a 1-2 months ago. I am unable to get the new dragons no matter how hard I tried to speed up (but my tournament was very easy, finish it with 1-2 days to spare, no gold lost and less than 20 dragons injured)

Now is the other way round, my tournament is ridiculously hard (had to spend gold, more than 20 dragons injured won the tournament with less than a day left) but breeding is normalised.

misha295
09-09-13, 04:26 PM
I have only been playing a short time and have read thru several of the "guides" and I still do not have a clue as to how the breeding works. It would seem that if I breed a pink virtue and yellow air dragon than I should get a pink and yellow combo dragon. But no... I've gotten a love dragon and now a lazer light. This is just one example of the many random outcomes. Is the breeding just random or is there a format? Please help. Thx

[S8] Elsa
09-09-13, 04:33 PM
There's a formula. Pink (Virtue) can break down into Red and White (Light). Lazerlight and Love Dragons are Red and Light.

The breeding is wacky now. On the first page you should see breeding rules or the gamer guide, where there are tips. For instance, if you breed pink and yellow, your virtue could split into red and light. So you could end up getting any red, light, pink or yellow dragons.

Fun isn't it?! Hope that helps!

midnightmeerkat
Pink is made of red and white so they are also in the mix.

danni7788
09-09-13, 04:35 PM
There are a couple factors at play with breeding in your case- first, the offspring doesn't always take colors from both parents. Second, some colors (pink, black, and the newer elements) spit into the colors used to breed them. For example, pink splits into red and white. So in your case, the pink is splitting AND the offspring is taking both colors from one parent, giving you red/white dragons. Pink hybrids are very rare, and to get a pink/yellow hybrid it might take you awhile. Some people are luckier than others.

fattom19
09-09-13, 06:39 PM
And just to add to the previous post you were told pink breaks down to red and white so I thought I'd let you know black breaks down to blue and purple, and all the new elements break down to two colors as well... Stone= white/green Mythic= red/yellow Dino= red/green Rainbow= blue/yellow Gemstone= blue/green Zodiac= black/yellow Tropic= blue/red Royal= purple/yellow.... As of right now those are all the different elements that split and break down when breeding, also u won't automatically get Tropic for example when u put red and blue together that's just how u do get it if u wanted to, and one last thing while going for black and pink hybrids the black and pink will break down more often than not making it more difficult to get the black and pink hybrids... Anyway I hope this helps you understand all the little nuances of this crazy breeding process :)

TheRickySilver
09-09-13, 10:05 PM
In short, be ready for 75% of your breedings to end up being Island, Coral, and Mist.

eye_of_the_world
09-09-13, 10:11 PM
In short, be ready for 75% of your breedings to end up being Island, Coral, and Mist.

Lol it's funny because it's true!

peteparcon
09-09-13, 11:46 PM
Leo/Virgo (zodiac dragons) is/are the most stupid color.
Getting Leo is like getting a black hybrid, and we know how hard it is.
Virgo? I don't know what the other color is but your Leo can split to yellow and black and black can then split to purple and blue. Some players also experience purple splitting to red and blue.

sunkalito
09-09-13, 11:56 PM
Lol it's funny because it's true!

And it makes me cry out in laughter! .... No, actually, in frustration. -.- took me bloody ages to set eyes on my first black hybrid. MONTHS!!! It's insane. :mad:
Oddly enough I had it way easier with the pink hybrids, but that was before black hybrids came out. The black hybrids coming out seemed to have unleashed a new set of breeding rules that make everything even more confusing and splittery. Splitterish. Well, prone to splitting.
Banana splits!
Also, virtue fails really hurt my soul. That creature's breeding time should be like 15 hours, not 33!!!

sunkalito
09-09-13, 11:58 PM
Virgo? I don't know what the other color is but your Leo can split to yellow and black and black can then split to purple and blue. Some players also experience purple splitting to red and blue.
You see how stupid the programmers' mind works?
Thanks to trying Leo I got deep and bat. I also have hunter but i forgot what i was breeding for when it came along, lol.

Haven't tried for virgo in my main acct, but on my secondary i've gotten some freakish results (and i gave up already lol). I CANNOT understand why a color that used to be solid - purple - will now sometimes splits. It's nutters.

zaaracake
09-10-13, 12:32 AM
So what do I do to get Hunter, Kitsune or a Naga? I keep getting corals, laserlights, and annoying magic and virtue fails...I don't even want to start trying for a Leo...

eye_of_the_world
09-10-13, 12:52 AM
So what do I do to get Hunter, Kitsune or a Naga? I keep getting corals, laserlights, and annoying magic and virtue fails...I don't even want to start trying for a Leo...

Naga is pink and hidden green so you can try, Forest and Virtue or Virtue and Virtue
Hunter is black and green, use Forest and Night
Kitsune is pink and hidden red so try Virtue and Virtue, or Virtue and Fire, or Justice and Virtue

13cnmm
09-10-13, 05:32 AM
I tried to get Kitsune, then I used Virtue-Fire, got Virtue. Tried Virtue-Virtue, got Virtue again. How crazy???
When I tried for Naga, Virtue-Forest, got Fuzzy, Life.
Anything I try for, then results are the same, again and again.

13cnmm
09-10-13, 05:35 AM
Virgo? I don't know what the other color is but your Leo can split to yellow and black and black can then split to purple and bue. Some players also experience purple splitting to red and blue.

Agree with you. Split becomes unreasonable. I wonder how smart they are when they create that idea

13cnmm
09-10-13, 05:40 AM

Lol, true.

If combo Red-Blue, then I just get Magic in a row.
Red-Yellow, then Firestorm in a row.
Green-Blue, tons of Island
Blue-Purple, swimming in a sea of Coral
Blue-Yellow, don't need to guess, must be Mist's family
They drive me mad, instead of getting fun.

eye_of_the_world
09-10-13, 03:40 PM
I tried to get Kitsune, then I used Virtue-Fire, got Virtue. Tried Virtue-Virtue, got Virtue again. How crazy???

They take lots of tries because they're super rare and the colours split

cedkugedchgd
09-10-13, 10:00 PM

2 tries for a super rare dragon is not much. keep on trying and ignore the fails ;)

Anyuszko
09-10-13, 10:28 PM
Today I breed diamond x lightning, got kite. Then diamond x yinyang, got moon. Two rare hybrids in a row, yay...

miget411
09-10-13, 10:42 PM
Congrats Anyusko. Normally I am lucky on breeding dragons but since tropic was released I have had nothing but fails. /e is so sad.

Anyuszko
09-11-13, 12:53 AM
Congrats Anyusko. Normally I am lucky on breeding dragons but since tropic was released I have had nothing but fails. /e is so sad.

Thank you. I was starting thinking if color splitting gone away (I was never so lucky as far as I remember, getting two "splitting" hibrid in a row). AFter moon should be ready, will try for a third one, maybe quetzal x night for troll. Wonder what will get.

eye_of_the_world
09-11-13, 01:12 AM
Thank you. I was starting thinking if color splitting gone away (I was never so lucky as far as I remember, getting two "splitting" hibrid in a row). AFter moon should be ready, will try for a third one, maybe quetzal x night for troll. Wonder what will get.

Island? :p

Anyuszko
09-11-13, 02:58 AM
Island? :p

:) Well, that is the most wanted possibility... A nice island dragon, yes! :)

Btw, there is a thought I want to share. I was trying for mask many times. I got like ~ 20 athletic dragons (among others).

What is strange, athletic is considered "rare", mask is also "rare". I wonder why is it so hard to make (so far, no mask succeeded for me - but I breed 3 goblins, which is "super rare").

So, if mask is "rare", why it happens much rarer than athletic, which is also "rare".

For me, mask is like ultra-rare. Why TL dont call all black pink hybrid ultra rare?

13cnmm
09-11-13, 11:19 AM
2 tries for a super rare dragon is not much. keep on trying and ignore the fails ;)

Omg, I just example for you, not just 2 tries lol... I continue and Life, Love... comes in a row now. I think I got 6 Love, 4 Life already, 3 virtue :-)

alyssafriends
09-11-13, 03:36 PM

Yeah, I hope you're lucky but I've been breeding dark angel and Forest for over two months straight with some speeding up now trying to get troll or hunter. I've managed to get 1 mercury, over 30 super rares but no hunter or troll. THEY BROKE THE BREEDING. THIS IS GETTING REALLY LAME.

Anyuszko
09-12-13, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I hope you're lucky but I've been breeding dark angel and Forest for over two months straight with some speeding up now trying to get troll or hunter. I've managed to get 1 mercury, over 30 super rares but no hunter or troll. THEY BROKE THE BREEDING. THIS IS GETTING REALLY LAME.

Thank you. Instead of getting troll now I am warming up a poison egg.

Yes, black hybrids are insane hard sometimes. What I can offer, that if you want to go for a specific dragon (for example, social), use black dragon instead of blue (which can - and often does - splits to blue and purple), so for a social breed night x air, and you may "fail" on a bat as well.

(You can do the same for any other types, pink types as well)

alyssafriends
09-13-13, 06:10 PM
TL has obviously changed the breeding rules for black and pink. I've been trying to get a black and green hybrid for 2 months now. I'm not going to spend another gold. You ruined the game....not smart at all.

Rin2010
09-14-13, 07:08 AM
I'm pretty new to the game. I've been trying for a fairy dragon. I've bred forest and air 6 times and each time I got Fruitful. Is there a trick to it? Like do I need to breed them at a specific time of the day? >__< I'm being overrun by Fruitfuls...

pegasus14
09-14-13, 08:29 AM
I'm pretty new to the game. I've been trying for a fairy dragon. I've bred forest and air 6 times and each time I got Fruitful. Is there a trick to it? Like do I need to breed them at a specific time of the day? >__< I'm being overrun by Fruitfuls...

They have removed all of the Fairytale dragons. I didn't get any, either. So far no special elements of any kind. I have terrible luck with those so I've stopped trying.

1cherryblossom
09-14-13, 05:13 PM

Try using your fruitful with either air or forest. Seems like some players have better luck using hybrids. As for the lucky time to breed, I'm not sure of that. Perhaps you breed at different times of the day and find out. Good luck!

Exeroth
12-26-14, 11:27 AM
I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining about the odds of getting one. Please hear me out.

I've been breeding for the Unicorn and more recently the Astromancer on and off for the better half of two years now. While breeding for the Unicorn, I have gotten 4 Angels, and 2 Crusaders. As for the Astromancer; 2 Anubis, and one Gold.

So here's my complaint; Split colours are making these dragons next to impossible. It seems no matter how many times I try it always ends up splitting and making me very frustrated. You know I'm not even upset when I get a Leo or a Virtue, because at least then it gave me the colour I was actually going for! Oh, and did I mention I've bought three Diamond Temples in my time playing, and out of those three I got 1 of the aforementioned Angels and 2 Anubis? One of the temples literally got me nothing but commons.

Look, split colours need to not split as much. Diamond HYBRIDS need to become less rare. I spent over a year breeding for the Diamond itself before I caved and bought it, and now it's like I'm being punished for doing so. Please take this into consideration and don't just lock my thread, TL. I'm positive there are many people out there with similar stories as me, and this is simply getting ridiculous.