PDA

View Full Version : Gems taken AGAIN due to a glitch

pinkster73
04-10-13, 06:44 AM
For the second time in as many weeks, I have had gems taken from me due to the glitch that happens when TeamLava "buys" a duplicate of the last item I placed from my inventory.

I placed a gnome from my inventory, went to plow a spot, then BAM! Bought a gnome. I would NEVER buy a gnome, I already have over 110 of them.

This cannot be considered an "accidental purchase" seeing as how I was NEVER EVEN IN THE STORE. I will be emailing support, but I know the idiotic response I will receive. Therefore I will be filing a complaint with the BBB as well.

TL is aware of this glitch, and has said they will be "looking into it" since November of 2011.

sourlicorice5
04-10-13, 07:55 AM
That sucks and ridiculous that they haven't fixed it after 2 years. If TL wanted to do the right thing they'd refund the gems but we both know that wont happen. ID file a complaint to if it happened to me more than once.

nmishii
04-10-13, 09:31 AM
That problem has been around since 2011. Here's what happened to me. Fortunately it was for a coin item. I've seen the problem again a few times but not sure if I bought anything. If so, it was for coins, and not that many. It looks exactly like you are going to plow land, but if you look in the bottom right corner (but, why would you?), you'll notice the icon for the item you had placed in inventory. It buys that item instead of plowing.

I was redesigning, putting away Christmas items to make more room to grow
White Poinsettias. I placed my Snowed Horse Stable in Inventory, then my
barn, silo and tool shed. Then I placed my Snowed Horse Stable where the
barn, silo and tool shed were and moved around some other holiday
decorations.
Then I went to plow the land. I got the 1x1 square but did not pay
attention to what it said since it looked like a plow image that I've seen
so many times. When I tapped it placed a new Snowed Horse Stable, charging
me 750K coins. I had never gone into the Store to purchase anything in
this session. I thought maybe I didn't really get the "Tap to Plow" and
tried to plow again, noting for sure I got the "Tap Again to Plow" and when
I did, I bought another Snowed Horse Stable. So now I have 3 Snowed Horse
Stables, one I intended to buy and two I bought because of bugs in the Farm
game.

pinkster73
04-10-13, 09:42 AM
It can't be an "unintentional purchase" when people weren't ever even in the store. I also didn't buy anything in that session.

nmishii
04-10-13, 09:57 AM
If it helps to prove it wasn't an accidental purchase but a bug, you can reference my ticket #224051 from 2011 which has the text in my post above. We are saying the same thing, a year and a half apart.

When that happened to me, there were several emails and I know the last one I got back said they were going to pass it to Engineering, since I wanted the problem fixed. Its not in the logs in my account on support.teamlava.com and I don't have the emails anymore. I don't think the last emails got put into the ticket system.

nmishii
04-10-13, 10:05 AM
I saw this on the forum recently and subscribed to the thread, which is now closed. Someone actually got their gems refunded due to a glitch. In your case it might be harder since they'll have records of your "purchases" and they won't refund because of that, so you'll need them to accept it was lost due to a bug/glitch. And you know, I'm sure we're not the only ones who have contacted Support on this issue.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48703-Waiting-for-Team-Lava-response

pinkster73
04-10-13, 10:23 AM
They've been made aware of the glitch since 2011 and haven't fixed it. This is the second time in 2 weeks it's happened to me.

nmishii
04-10-13, 10:56 AM
It hasn't been fixed maybe because it takes from us. Now if it gave the item free, it most likely would have been fixed in 2011.

FrozenTurtle
04-10-13, 11:24 AM
Discussing support tickets is not appropriate for the forums. Please follow-up with any existing email you have or send us a new email at support@teamlava.com so we can further investigate the issue. Be sure to include your Storm8 ID.