PDA

View Full Version : 4/11/2013 Update Info & Teaser

GTMoney
04-09-13, 11:08 AM
Introducing the Wizard School, the place to go when you need to pep up!

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/840/aprilteaser1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/aprilteaser1.jpg/)

The Wizard School will be purchasable by players of all levels. By finding Spellbooks on Adventures and in Libraries (and perhaps even laying around Old Thomas' house!), the Wizard School is upgradeable to produce even more energy.

In addition to the new building, the Valentine's Day event is coming to an end with this update. As previously mentioned, if you have built the Love Shack and are already on the questline, you will be able to continue your progress. This change will mostly affect new players.

On the heels of this update, we are aiming to publish a major update on April 25th that may contain a new character and many goals. I will keep you posted. Delays are always a possibility, but it's our hope that with hard work, we will be able to have it ready.

Best wishes to all Castle Story players,

===

GT

MiniLaura
04-09-13, 11:09 AM
Nice! I kinda wish it looked more like Hogwarts, but I still love it!

kooky panda
04-09-13, 11:10 AM
OMG!! Love it!!

lotuskat
04-09-13, 11:11 AM
Looks awesome! With all the harvesting I'm doing for trade tickets, an energy boost would be very welcome!

sweetstuff525
04-09-13, 11:13 AM
Looks great

I still haven't found the wing or horn so I still have the goal for the alicorn will I still be able to get it? Will adventures still drop a wing or a horn or am I out of luck?

Thanks

lotuskat
04-09-13, 11:15 AM
Looks great

I still haven't found the wing or horn so I still have the goal for the alicorn will I still be able to get it? Will adventures still drop a wing or a horn or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Since you're on the Alicorn questline already, so you should be able to continue without a problem.

GTMoney
04-09-13, 11:21 AM
Looks great

Thanks

You'll still be able to get it.

sweetstuff525
04-09-13, 11:27 AM
Thanks

nickerrs
04-09-13, 11:51 AM
I'm really looking forward to this update! Old Thomas should be the Headmaster :) Now I need to make more room in my kingdom for this.

gwcastle
04-09-13, 12:45 PM
Is this building a gem item, or it can be purchased with coins?

wassupbaby
04-09-13, 01:52 PM
Omg love it :X i just got my camp , dont even have time for royal chateu yet and now new update is comingg. Omg omg tks so much guys :*>

wassupbaby
04-09-13, 03:11 PM
GT , you said that "valentine's day event is coming to an end with this update" . Doest it mean that on 4/11 , all valentines content will be removed including animals and trees ? I thought we'll get in game warning 2 weeks before you guys remove it as you said in other thread. So ... ?

GTMoney
04-09-13, 03:34 PM
GT , you said that "valentine's day event is coming to an end with this update" . Doest it mean that on 4/11 , all valentines content will be removed including animals and trees ? I thought we'll get in game warning 2 weeks before you guys remove it as you said in other thread. So ... ?

Sorry for the shorter-than-promised warning. If you have the Love Shack, all of the loot, animals and trees will still be available. If you're on the questline, you will still be able to complete it. Not much is being removed for players who are already doing the goals. It's just a way to "clean the game up" and keep it simple for newer players.

GTMoney
04-09-13, 03:36 PM

The Wizard School will be purchasable with Gems. As with the Royal Manor, we hope to (one day) make it available from Adventures as well- though there is no ETA or timeline for that at present.

wassupbaby
04-09-13, 03:44 PM
Sorry for the shorter-than-promised warning. If you have the Love Shack, all of the loot, animals and trees will still be available. If you're on the questline, you will still be able to complete it. Not much is being removed for players who are already doing the goals. It's just a way to "clean the game up" and keep it simple for newer players.

I'm saving gems to buy v-animals because i thought it'll be removed. But like you said , if it stays then i'll save it for new building since it costs gems. Any chance you tell us the price ? :)

dng1234
04-09-13, 03:54 PM
I'm saving gems to buy v-animals because i thought it'll be removed. But like you said , if it stays then i'll save it for new building since it costs gems. Any chance you tell us the price ? :)

I'm wondering this too. If its more than what I currently have saved I may need to work on some of those other missions.

jaybay1147
04-09-13, 04:05 PM
Yes!!!! :d :d :d

wassupbaby
04-09-13, 04:16 PM
I'm wondering this too. If its more than what I currently have saved I may need to work on some of those other missions.

My guess is the wizzard school produces energy so obviously it'll be verry pricey.Look at the manor , it only gives you a few RP(from where i stand ,RP's pretty useless) and it already costs 120 gems. I have a bad feeling thinking about the price right now -.-

mamareader02
04-09-13, 04:41 PM
Had to make my "love garden"smaller,but now I've got room for the school,and brought my 3rd library outta storage-cant wait!!!!!!!

dapplefur
04-09-13, 04:45 PM
if i'm on the thurston questline will i still be able to unlock the alicorn? i will have the rainbow unlocked by thursday but i'm no where near triggering the goals on the thurston line for the alicorn.

OpeningCeremony
04-09-13, 04:46 PM
i guess i should just go ahead an unlock the rainbow. i'd been collecting old books for awhile now and now have 91 books! wanted to hit 99 before i handed over 5 to ol' what's her name Agnes. but it'll be harder to accumulate kissing dust since i'm guessing they won't pop up when harvesting crops.

wassupbaby
04-09-13, 04:52 PM
i guess i should just go ahead an unlock the rainbow. i'd been collecting old books for awhile now and now have 91 books! wanted to hit 99 before i handed over 5 to ol' what's her name Agnes. but it'll be harder to accumulate kissing dust since i'm guessing they won't pop up when harvesting crops.

Why would you collect so many old books ?

OpeningCeremony
04-09-13, 05:06 PM
Why would you collect so many old books ?

that's a good question. well at first i didn't notice how many i had. then it got to a point that i decided why not try to max it out. haha. but i guess i also thought perhaps there might be a need for them in the future and might as well have some in stock :) and since rainbow is there to stay once you unlock it, i wasn't in a rush to craft one.

vchanhs
04-09-13, 05:48 PM
Gems building means I wouldn't be able to get it....haizzz

maj1977
04-09-13, 06:12 PM
Gems building means I wouldn't be able to get it....haizzz

It shouldn't mean that. There are many ways to earn gems in the game. You'll just have to save them up. I've bought tons of gem items without spending actual money. Don't be discouraged!

MxSimple
04-09-13, 06:30 PM
Oh thx~

Is that a "floating crystal" over the wizard school?

vchanhs
04-09-13, 08:01 PM
Can TL reveal will the bird nest tower or the staircase be opened in the 25 apr updates? I need to plan where to expand.

draggune
04-09-13, 09:10 PM
It shouldn't mean that. There are many ways to earn gems in the game. You'll just have to save them up. I've bought tons of gem items without spending actual money. Don't be discouraged!

I am discouraged. I have lost many gems to an accidental swipe. I was tempted to buy gems but decided against it because it's too easy to loose them accidentally. TL could fix that. But won't.

maj1977
04-09-13, 09:19 PM
I am discouraged. I have lost many gems to an accidental swipe. I was tempted to buy gems but decided against it because it's too easy to loose them accidentally. TL could fix that. But won't.

I feel your pain on that one. I try to be really careful and somehow I've been lucky and haven't lost any gems in the last couple of months. It is frustrating to be saving for something and poof a bunch of gems go bye bye. But I try not to let those get to me and I keep saving away. I decided long ago that tl is unlikely to change that feature- and since I can't do anything about it, I'm not going to let it ruin my fun. "If you can't change it, why worry about it. If you can change it, why worry about it!"

SpuriousNotion
04-09-13, 10:07 PM
After working hard for tickets all day by sneaking into unused offices at my workplace for some quick farming to keep the exchange working almost 24 hours a day, and finally getting those lazy tinkers to start replenishing my building supplies, you aren't even going to let me have a breather? More new buildings and updates coming so soon? I appreciate it, thank you!

ladymarygrantham
04-09-13, 11:35 PM
Omg SO EXCITED!! I could barely log in, kept typing '! Exclamation points !!' after my username!
25 points to Gryffindor!!!

vchanhs
04-10-13, 02:48 AM
I am wondering, if the wizard school gives energy like the alicorn and more often, will it cost 600 gems?

onemansmiracle
04-10-13, 04:33 AM
I wish it's not too expensive,so I can save enough gems for it :)

stormidwombat
04-10-13, 08:11 AM
I am wondering, if the wizard school gives energy like the alicorn and more often, will it cost 600 gems?

Given we can now get gems from the Royal Exchange I am not expecting a low gem count. 600 plus sounds about right to me, but perhaps I am being too pessimistic

mamareader02
04-10-13, 08:37 AM
Does anyone remember what time the update should come out for central time zone(FL)?
Really hoping its not as $$$ as Ali,was hoping I could get more than one

Baraze
04-10-13, 08:53 AM
Oh boo! I wish now that id have saved my gems instead of using them up to rush items in the royal building along to get my tickets. I guess ill oogle the building and get it later. Cant wait to see what all it does. Also cant wait to get my hands on the tinker camp.

mamareader02
04-11-13, 07:55 AM
Wonder what time update gonna come?seriously hope no tickets for school-shouldn't if we have to buy it for gems

elaur
04-11-13, 08:22 AM
Oh boo! I wish now that id have saved my gems instead of using them up to rush items in the royal building along to get my tickets. I guess ill oogle the building and get it later. Cant wait to see what all it does. Also cant wait to get my hands on the tinker camp.

I did the same thing!

Also before the royal exchange came out put my extra gems from the manor into sheep for prime cuts. I don't need prime cuts anymore because the baron uses the same bacon as the royal exchange! Ha on me!

I'm very excited for this update and hope I can afford the school. And hope it's worth affording!

Vinternatt
04-11-13, 08:47 AM
So... where is the update?

rosewaterlily
04-11-13, 10:26 AM
Also before the royal exchange came out put my extra gems from the manor into sheep for prime cuts. I don't need prime cuts anymore because the baron uses the same bacon as the royal exchange! Ha on me!

Me too! I used to feed the baron all the time but since it uses bacon I need for the exchange the baron is going hungry from now on and my 180 gem bought black sheep sits in storage while my prime cuts are at 99 forever. Plus I'm pretty much maxed out on jewels and glimmerdust and superglue, which is pretty much all the baron ever gave me anyway. At least the gem trees enable us to craft gems in the exchange. Hoping the wizard school is <300 gems because that's about all I can get out of the exchange if I throw in all my golden items and apple pies/lemonade/orange cobbler.

lotuskat
04-11-13, 11:37 AM
Anyone get the update yet? So excited!!! (^_^)

wassupbaby
04-11-13, 12:14 PM
200 gems .thanks but no thanks -.-

stormidwombat
04-11-13, 12:18 PM
200 gems .thanks but no thanks -.-

For the school?
Did you have to collect from anything to trigger it?

Anyuszko
04-11-13, 12:19 PM
I have it :))) had spared 210 gems and now used up

stormidwombat
04-11-13, 12:20 PM
For the school?

To answer my own question - nope, it is in the shop

vizcaya112
04-11-13, 12:22 PM
I have to pay 300 gems for the wizard school! Waiting to see exactly what it does.........

midnightmeerkat
04-11-13, 12:23 PM
For the school?

There is a popup that that will take you to the marketplace, once you have bought it there is a conversation with the baron, then you get a goal to collect spell books

kel413
04-11-13, 12:24 PM
On one of my devices, it costs 200 gems, and I have a gem sale. On my other device, it costs 300 gems and there is no gem sale. Fair? I think not!

midnightmeerkat
04-11-13, 12:25 PM
I have to pay 300 gems for the wizard school! Waiting to see exactly what it does.........

Mine was 200 gems

Also skipping the spell book goal is different on my 2 games .... 5 gems as opposed to 20 gems.

Anyuszko
04-11-13, 12:25 PM
as i see it gives nothing until upgraded. But first update takes 10 spell books and some usual things. Need to build more libraries now...

midnightmeerkat
04-11-13, 12:27 PM
On one of my devices, it costs 200 gems, and I have a gem sale. On my other device, it costs 300 gems and there is no gem sale. Fair? I think not!

Those prices and sales are random..... Just bad luck. :(

stormidwombat
04-11-13, 12:27 PM
Need 25 stone, 25 woods and 5 glimmerdust

midnightmeerkat
04-11-13, 12:30 PM
I have it :))) had spared 210 gems and now used up

I had bought 500 gems a long time ago and hadn't used them, I was waiting for something that I really wanted..... I never bought the manor

twigsandberries
04-11-13, 12:31 PM
Its 200 on mine. Does anyone else know how much energy or anything else it gives and how often? It's neat looking but I'm not sure how much I want extra energy.

midnightmeerkat
04-11-13, 12:36 PM
Its 200 on mine. Does anyone else know how much energy or anything else it gives and how often? It's neat looking but I'm not sure how much I want extra energy.

If you wait and check in on this thread I'm sure all will be revealed

doodlebug8
04-11-13, 12:36 PM
Mine only cost 120 gems so I snapped it up with a quickness in case they raise the rate. It takes 5 hours to collect (10 gems to speed up) and the 1st upgrade requires 6 simple glue, 6 fancy block, 25,000 coins and 10 spellbooks that you get from libraries or adventures. If you find 1 spellbook you get 500 coins as a goal reward or you can skip it for 5 gems.

Anyuszko
04-11-13, 12:38 PM
Wow now we can C raft entwined seedling:)

stormidwombat
04-11-13, 12:44 PM
Mine only cost 120 gems so I snapped it up with a quickness in case they raise the rate. It takes 5 hours to collect (10 gems to speed up) and the 1st upgrade requires 6 simple glue, 6 fancy block, 25,000 coins and 10 spellbooks that you get from libraries or adventures. If you find 1 spellbook you get 500 coins as a goal reward or you can skip it for 5 gems.

Mine was 200 and I need a spell book before the upgrade is possible. Spellbooks can be collected from libraries and adventures

mjauuuu
04-11-13, 12:48 PM
Here's a picture of it! Payed 200 gems for it. Looks so pretty, love it!:o

sofashionista
04-11-13, 12:49 PM
wizard school is for 200 diamonds...its too expensive.. wishing that we get some challenges to gain diamonds too..as its impossible to make my parents agree to buy me diamonds...sad very sad..

MAPPIE22
04-11-13, 12:55 PM
Was wondering if there was any mod or staff here my husband is trying to buy gems but can't he really wants the school his id is ian29 please could you help, we have done all the restart etc

Baraze
04-11-13, 01:23 PM
Was wondering if there was any mod or staff here my husband is trying to buy gems but can't he really wants the school his id is ian29 please could you help, we have done all the restart etc

What message are you getting? If it says something about you cant make the purchase, comtact itunes support, you will have to email them. I used to have that problem, before itunes fixed it.

Baraze
04-11-13, 01:25 PM
I need a gem sale! They have been coming more often now for me. Its 200 gems. I also see you can craft the valentine animals, which is there because you should not use the valentine version anymore.

MAPPIE22
04-11-13, 01:26 PM
What message are you getting? If it says something about you cant make the purchase, comtact itunes support, you will have to email them. I used to have that problem, before itunes fixed it.

Yes that's the message we are getting, went to iTunes and they said to contact developer as other purchases work, but thank you I will email them to, can't have him without a school in his kingdom!

netaoneneal
04-11-13, 01:30 PM
I never deleted the old game! Are we suppose to go back to using the old game now or use the valentine one?

liliputlane
04-11-13, 01:34 PM
Mine says 300 gems they should all be the same..Is there a glitch TL???

midnightmeerkat
04-11-13, 01:34 PM
I never deleted the old game! Are we suppose to go back to using the old game now or use the valentine one?

Use the old game now....

Gardienn
04-11-13, 01:58 PM
I just got the update. The Wizard School is 200 gems. Thought that might make some of you happy. It's doable. :)

kooky panda
04-11-13, 02:08 PM
Yes that's the message we are getting, went to iTunes and they said to contact developer as other purchases work, but thank you I will email them to, can't have him without a school in his kingdom!

Try going to settings- safari and clear the data. Then force close out the game.
Try going to settings- Store and log out of your itunes account, then log back in.
If he has changed his itunes account since downloading the game.
Delete the game and redownload it from the app store.

MAPPIE22
04-11-13, 02:17 PM
Try going to settings- safari and clear the data. Then force close out the game.
Try going to settings- Store and log out of your itunes account, then log back in.
If he has changed his itunes account since downloading the game.
Delete the game and redownload it from the app store.
Thank you Kooky that worked or some fixed it! You are a star!

rafifarm
04-11-13, 02:19 PM
http://blg.nikonsrc.com/image/Diji45SNjJ37U9bkSkl1YIY_8IBsMjnytRSafjw4CCIBE_20G4 0RlE-cZqK6FRuk9sBfSbdJtSM/item.JPG?rot=1

http://blg.nikonsrc.com/image/Diji45SNjJ37U9bkSkl1YIY_8IBsMjnytRSafjw4CCLAj6KLT0 5E7k-cZqK6FRuk9sBfSbdJtSM/item.JPG?rot=1

kooky panda
04-11-13, 02:28 PM
Thank you Kooky that worked or some fixed it! You are a star!
Oh yeah!! Glad he is back in business!
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvJc7Zcxwsuc02zRNjZidUR1sjc8RJX ue5U1NGva67VJfI7LWa

cloverzj
04-11-13, 02:34 PM
doesn it matter which app I play with now? valentine edition or the old one?

kooky panda
04-11-13, 02:45 PM
doesn it matter which app I play with now? valentine edition or the old one?
You can get the school on either version, but I have gone back to playing on the original game.

dng1234
04-11-13, 04:15 PM
What's with the descrepancy on the gem pricing for the wizard school. I've seen screen shots with both 200 and 300 gems and someone else said theirs was only 120 (I've not seen a screen shot to prove that one though.). I was still on the VD edition so I thought if I changed back to the original that might help. Well theory busted... Can someone please explain why the difference in pricing? I've loved this game since I first downloaded it but this has rubbed me the wrong way.

xtcinla11
04-11-13, 04:30 PM
I took a screen shot of the 120 gem price for the school, but can't seem to upload it here, it's in my photos on my iPad, but haven't figured out how to attach it here

cawil0212
04-11-13, 04:33 PM
I also can purchase the school for 120.

caramel114
04-11-13, 04:48 PM
Sparkly Thomas' house just dropped 2 spell books 😱 Yay for multiple drops!

liliputlane
04-11-13, 04:53 PM
120,200,300, any others? I vote for 120 for everyone!! Mine still says 300.

jaybay1147
04-11-13, 04:58 PM
Ready for the next (expanding) update, have 46 wisp lanterns. >:D

dng1234
04-11-13, 05:14 PM
I took a screen shot of the 120 gem price for the school, but can't seem to upload it here, it's in my photos on my iPad, but haven't figured out how to attach it here

You can upload using photobucket. Upload the picture in there and then click on the "i". Copy and paste the IMG code and the picture should be there. I found the directions in the forum somewhere but can't find it now.

Baraze
04-11-13, 05:17 PM
You can upload using photobucket. Upload the picture in there and then click on the "i". Copy and paste the IMG code and the picture should be there. I found the directions in the forum somewhere but can't find it now.

Or just come here and click "go advanced". You can upload the photo right from your picture folder.

sugarzen6
04-11-13, 05:35 PM
It's 120 on my iPhone- the device I don't play, and 200 on my iPad. I was expecting it to be much higher so I'm pretty happy either way. I imagine it'd be annoying though for those paying 300 to know that others payed less than half that.

dng1234
04-11-13, 05:39 PM
It's 120 on my iPhone- the device I don't play, and 200 on my iPad. I was expecting it to be much higher so I'm pretty happy either way. I imagine it'd be annoying though for those paying 300 to know that others payed less than half that.

I'm one of those at 300. I refuse to purchase it until the prices are fixed. (The best way to fix it is to make it 120 for everyone.) Does anyone on the TL staff know why it's different?

goldensed
04-11-13, 05:44 PM
I'm wondering if everyone else with the 300 gem price is like me. I'm one of the lucky test group who have 40 energy max. It will take me months to build that much but I already have more energy at the start of each day so I'm going to focus on that. But I'm curious if the 300 is truly random or actually linked to the 40 energy. Congrats to those who get to be pioneers and report back on school to the rest of us!

Elen4070
04-11-13, 05:52 PM
Anyone knows what triggers the wizard school to be upgraded?
I built it, it quested me to find one book, i found it, it gave me coins and exp i think, and now theres no option to upgrade, nor a new quest on the book. Is this normal?

Elen4070
04-11-13, 05:54 PM
Nevermind. As soon as i told on it, it started showing the upgrade requirements... Thx

midnightmeerkat
04-11-13, 05:56 PM
I'm wondering if everyone else with the 300 gem price is like me. I'm one of the lucky test group who have 40 energy max. It will take me months to build that much but I already have more energy at the start of each day so I'm going to focus on that. But I'm curious if the 300 is truly random or actually linked to the 40 energy. Congrats to those who get to be pioneers and report back on school to the rest of us!
I have 40 energy max and my wizard school is 200 gems

goldensed
04-11-13, 05:59 PM
I have 40 energy max and my wizard school is 200 gems

Okay so that does bum me out a bit. :-(
My theory has been disproved!

dng1234
04-11-13, 06:50 PM

30 energy max and 300 gem price. :(

juju1307
04-11-13, 06:55 PM

Gems...mine says200 gems to be precise.

cawil0212
04-11-13, 07:23 PM
Okay so that does bum me out a bit. :-(
My theory has been disproved!
Sorry to bum you out more, but I have 40 energy and my wizard school was only 120.

alyanaalyana
04-11-13, 07:31 PM
30 energy, 200 gems for me.

onemansmiracle
04-11-13, 07:33 PM
Mine says 200 gems ... I wish it's 120,so I can afford it

justk9188
04-11-13, 07:41 PM
Only my wizard school is 300 gems ?

vchanhs
04-11-13, 09:22 PM
Just to feedback, the pink chicken now cost 35 gems and the pink cow cost 20 gems. It should be the other way.

olcastle
04-11-13, 09:44 PM
Just to feedback, the pink chicken now cost 35 gems and the pink cow cost 20 gems. It should be the other way.

There are no pink animals in my market at all...
I'd maybe buy Cupid if it's cheap.

olcastle
04-11-13, 10:46 PM
There are no pink animals in my market at all...
I'd maybe buy Cupid if it's cheap.

I've found them :)

elaur
04-12-13, 12:16 AM
It's one thing to do different energy but it's quite a different thing when it's actual money we have to use. Why wouldn't it all be the same gem prices since gems equate to cash.

dng1234
04-12-13, 04:14 AM
It's one thing to do different energy but it's quite a different thing when it's actual money we have to use. Why wouldn't it all be the same gem prices since gems equate to cash.

That's my whole point. I understand the energy difference. The extra energy is a bonus to those who've been with TL & CS since the beginning but having different gem prices is a slap in the face.

liliputlane
04-12-13, 05:37 AM
I agree dng1234 very disappointing!!

maple02
04-12-13, 06:13 AM
refuse to buy at 300, so disappointed to know that others pay only 120 or 200!! :-(

Cesar49
04-12-13, 06:19 AM

I'm really angry about this. I have max 30 energy and the school will cost 300 gems (which I don't have). I have no income so can't afford to buy gems for real money. I have no problem with people using gems to finish quests or buildings - it's their choice after all - but I do have a problem with the three different 'random' prices. It's disgraceful. Every one should pay the same amount for buildings. I'm so angry this could well be the point when I give up on the game. I'm a level 30 player who has really enjoyed CS up till now but this stinks.

wassupbaby
04-12-13, 06:37 AM
I hope we can get an honest answer about the price ...

studio1859
04-12-13, 06:51 AM
I too hope for an equatable price fix. I play on my iPad at it costs 300 gems. I also play on my iPhone where it's 200 gems. Really?! Also, to speed a whisp on my iPhone is only 2 gems.

stormidwombat
04-12-13, 08:46 AM
I too hope for an equatable price fix. I play on my iPad at it costs 300 gems. I also play on my iPhone where it's 200 gems. Really?! Also, to speed a whisp on my iPhone is only 2 gems.

I am also on ipad and it was 200 for me

freesiawoods
04-12-13, 10:26 AM
I still think the game is awesome but differential pricing for buildings is just unacceptable, please fix it!

DaojinWildfire
04-12-13, 11:35 AM
Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We'll be pushing out a fix that will correct the recipe costs.

If you purchased the Pink Chicken at the bugged price, please send an email to support@teamlava.com so we can help you. Thanks!

CottageRose
04-12-13, 01:30 PM
That's my whole point. I understand the energy difference. The extra energy is a bonus to those who've been with TL & CS since the beginning but having different gem prices is a slap in the face.
Actually, the extra energy is NOT limited to those who have been there since the beginning. There are people who have started over fresh on a new device that have the higher energy, as well as brand new people (like a personal friend of mine who only started mid-March).

When I asked why, the answer was that TL picks small test groups to have different energy caps. I'm guessing this more TL testing to see what happens, in the different energy/school cost combinations.

chrisxinian
04-12-13, 05:28 PM
I'm really angry about this. I have max 30 energy and the school will cost 300 gems (which I don't have). I have no income so can't afford to buy gems for real money. I have no problem with people using gems to finish quests or buildings - it's their choice after all - but I do have a problem with the three different 'random' prices. It's disgraceful. Every one should pay the same amount for buildings. I'm so angry this could well be the point when I give up on the game. I'm a level 30 player who has really enjoyed CS up till now but this stinks.

Totally agree with you! I'm angry too! Previously players used to be able to request items from neighbors to complete buildings, then TL decided to take that option off. New players who don't have that option will have a much harder time gathering materials to progress now that the Valentina's event is ended. It seems TL only thinks about how to make more profit and never stops to ponder whether they're being fair on all level and to all players at the same time. I have played numerous TL games on several devices and I am yet another player TL is about to lose.

vchanhs
04-12-13, 10:39 PM
Totally agree with you! I'm angry too! Previously players used to be able to request items from neighbors to complete buildings, then TL decided to take that option off. New players who don't have that option will have a much harder time gathering materials to progress now that the Valentina's event is ended. It seems TL only thinks about how to make more profit and never stops to ponder whether they're being fair on all level and to all players at the same time. I have played numerous TL games on several devices and I am yet another player TL is about to lose.

Two things.

One, TL knows they have a winner on their hands. You can play the CS for free without really spending any gems. After 6 months of hardworking on TL part, it's time for them to milk their cash cow. Thus gem buildings start to be released and I believe more will come.

Two, I am not sure why the gems differences for difference account but I think TL is trying to drive non paying players away to reduce server load. Mostly only people that buy gems can afford the school, especially two schools so that may be why the price difference.

tanisha1234
04-13-13, 01:22 AM
I have a cap of 40 energy and am level 30, and I was under the impression that 40 was the limit to all lv 3 players? 😞 I just bought the wizard school, pretty disappointed with my 200 gem price but TL usually does the varied prices do different players even on other games, especially dragon story.

I do think that although there are gem buildings/decorations now, it's fair seeing as it is possible to earn gems through adventures/cow even without spending money... Don't give in and buy gems!

katbtodd
04-13-13, 07:21 AM
I been doing the gold trade getting my gems... And the purple cow give them out and so does the castle adventures ,,, i save enough gems to get the school ,,, i was saving for the unicorn,,, since i haven't gotten any parts,,, but thinking the school was the better investment,,,so yes it's possible to save gems get gems with out spending real money,,,, if i can do any body can do it ,,, hope this helps

NayanPrakash
04-13-13, 07:40 AM
I'm not happy that the wizard school costs gems. At least I found the wing and horn and have an Alicorn now thoughIt's great that we're getting another update on 25th. Can't wait!

stormidwombat
04-13-13, 07:48 AM
Two things.

One, TL knows they have a winner on their hands. You can play the CS for free without really spending any gems. After 6 months of hardworking on TL part, it's time for them to milk their cash cow. Thus gem buildings start to be released and I believe more will come.

Two, I am not sure why the gems differences for difference account but I think TL is trying to drive non paying players away to reduce server load. Mostly only people that buy gems can afford the school, especially two schools so that may be why the price difference.

TL is not a charity, so I won't complain that they are are introducing coin buildings. Now that we can craft gems, even if you spend no money, you can eventually get there.

Luna48
04-13-13, 08:11 AM
In my experience with TL games, it is pretty common to have different gem prices for new and highly desirable items. You can see this same discussion on other game forums. Sometimes they eventually settle on one price. At least in CS a player can craft gems and receive gems through quests.
And I don't think they are trying to drive away non gem players. My non gem buying friends just look at it as a challenge to play the game and never buy a gem.

wassupbaby
04-13-13, 08:42 AM
TL is not a charity, so I won't complain that they are are introducing coin buildings. Now that we can craft gems, even if you spend no money, you can eventually get there.

Eventually means forever ? :D well , i'm bored so let's do a little math. So we can craft gems , great ! But the drop rate for golden apple is pretty low , i know some people waiting months for 1 golden apple just to get sir piggy so how many golden trade do you think we can do ? Then the 2nd recipe - 2 apple pies, lemonade,orange cobbler = 60 fruit (60 energy), 12 sugar(60 energy on harvesting sugar cane) 4 flour(20 energy on harvesting wheat) 4 water and let's say 10 energy on collecting from kitchen. So ... :) approx. 150 energy for 1 gem. Let's say i'm gonna craft gems to buy wizard school with highest price - 300 gems . Then i'll need 300 x 150 = 45 000 energy :) we gain 1 energy every 3 minutes => 45000 x 3 = 135 000 minutes : 60 = 2250 HOURS YAYY . And let's say i'm an addicted player and i can play 10 hrs/day we have 2250:10 = 225 DAYS or worse if i could only play 6hrs/day that means 2250:6 = 375 days (over a year) =]]
It's not a complaint , just sayin' :)

goldensed
04-13-13, 08:56 AM
Thanks for doing the math. Good thing for some help from bingo, solitaire... But yesterday after I earned 45 gems from solitaire I then lost 15 by an accidental speeding of a wisp lantern. I know in theory I can eventually save 300 but maybe not in reality with the gem traps.
!!!!so a great new building they should add is a bank where we could safely store our gems!!!

stormidwombat
04-13-13, 09:23 AM
Eventually means forever ? :D well , i'm bored so let's do a little math. So we can craft gems , great ! But the drop rate for golden apple is pretty low , i know some people waiting months for 1 golden apple just to get sir piggy so how many golden trade do you think we can do ? Then the 2nd recipe - 2 apple pies, lemonade,orange cobbler = 60 fruit (60 energy), 12 sugar(60 energy on harvesting sugar cane) 4 flour(20 energy on harvesting wheat) 4 water and let's say 10 energy on collecting from kitchen. So ... :) approx. 150 energy for 1 gem. Let's say i'm gonna craft gems to buy wizard school with highest price - 300 gems . Then i'll need 300 x 150 = 45 000 energy :) we gain 1 energy every 3 minutes => 45000 x 3 = 135 000 minutes : 60 = 2250 HOURS YAYY . And let's say i'm an addicted player and i can play 10 hrs/day we have 2250:10 = 225 DAYS or worse if i could only play 6hrs/day that means 2250:6 = 375 days (over a year) =]]
It's not a complaint , just sayin' :)

Yes it takes a while, but factor in the gems from other games and it adds up. At the end of the day, TL is a for profit company and they are providing a free opton for the game. And, at the end of the day, you can still play the game without the wizard school. Will be interesting to see if it is tied into any of the quests in the next update. That woudl change things a bit.

blurbie
04-13-13, 10:26 AM
I buy gems sometimes. It is like buying a few song downloads, in my opinion. I had to get the pink sheep before it was gone, for instance.

Now we can choose between buying a wizard shop or buying a coach for a similar price. I have to have that coach! The alchemy is against my religion. I don't have to put one into my kingdom so I won't. I am not offended by another person's desire to have it but for myself, I don't want one. I am glad to have a cathedral though.

Yes, I will buy gems on occasion for what I really want. I am really glad we can make gems by trading in other things. I don't care that it isn't easy, because it gives me something to do while making countless bricks and beams. I can't craft enough gems but I can come up with a portion of them and buy the rest.

blurbie
04-13-13, 10:28 AM
What happened yesterday? In the early morning I was offered to play Solitaire by that Baron, and later in the morning the offer was gone! Do I need to remove Valentine to get it back? But it was offered on my other games and was pulled off of those also, so that can't be it.

CottageRose
04-13-13, 10:39 AM
I am only guessing, but I do wonder if it had something to do with so many people talking about how to ***** Solitaire to get the gems in 5 minutes or less. When TL does offer a reasonable way for us to get free gems, instead of that insane Jewel Mania that I will never make it through. It is disappointing, I agree, as I simply cannot get passed the timed levels, so Solitaire was a good option for those of us that live life at a slower pace.

wassupbaby
04-13-13, 11:06 AM
I passed jewel mania long time ago. The only game that i couldnt make it in time is slots , it's all about luck so i couldnt do anything about it -.-

blurbie
04-13-13, 11:43 AM
Team Lava put Solitaire back! Thank you!

I can't do jewels, can't do bubbles. Can't take Slots or Bingo any more. But I can do Sudoku and Solitaire. Finally something I can do!

maguar
04-13-13, 07:03 PM
Just a reminder to stay on topic. This thread relates to the new update.

AFineWar
04-14-13, 10:42 AM
I read that it says if you are already on a quest-line it will remain but if all the valentines things are going how are we suppose to be able to achieve them? There are no more lovecupines to rid the land of so I'm not sure how I'm suppose to get 20 pink furs to finish the quest.

journeysmom
04-14-13, 11:16 AM
I read that it says if you are already on a quest-line it will remain but if all the valentines things are going how are we suppose to be able to achieve them? There are no more lovecupines to rid the land of so I'm not sure how I'm suppose to get 20 pink furs to finish the quest.

You can craft the pink furs in the loveshack now.

sdwombat
04-14-13, 11:40 AM

I just got a lovecupine while tending my pink cow.

elaur
04-14-13, 11:58 AM
I get lovecupines from valentine's towers and fluttermush rings.

blondiellie
04-14-13, 03:28 PM
Can someone from Team Lava address the differences in energy and gems for certain players? I have a max of 30 energy, but some people have 40, and the Wizard school cost me 200 Gems but others could get it for 120. If the price differences are being looked at, will I get some gems back if the price is lowered to make it fair?

memphistomboy
04-14-13, 08:09 PM
Is there another way to procure spell books other than collecting on the library once I've gathered all my Wizard Students? It seems like the collection rate is rather low if I'm to use 25 (or more) in upgrading efforts.

sdwombat
04-14-13, 08:13 PM
Is there another way to procure spell books other than collecting on the library once I've gathered all my Wizard Students? It seems like the collection rate is rather low if I'm to use 25 (or more) in upgrading efforts.

They can also drop from Old Thomas's house and Adventures.

Baraze
04-14-13, 08:30 PM
Can someone from Team Lava address the differences in energy and gems for certain players? I have a max of 30 energy, but some people have 40, and the Wizard school cost me 200 Gems but others could get it for 120. If the price differences are being looked at, will I get some gems back if the price is lowered to make it fair?

I wish I could get 40 energy on my main game. On the account i switched over to android I have 40. I could so use that.

pmalmgren
04-16-13, 11:07 AM
Much better than the waste of space alicorn

vchanhs
04-17-13, 05:08 AM
When can we have a sneak preview of what's coming next week on 25 Apr ? Nothing to do now except collecting trade tickets. It's getting boring...

studio1859
04-17-13, 01:21 PM
Could someone please address the issue of clicking on the school and receiving energy that does not count because I'm too close to the cap? This is theft, it should not be offered in game unless the energy can build. The same occurs when collecting from the treasury or castle quests. And please don't tell me I need to remember to run my energy down prior to collecting from these buildings. We know TL can allow energy to build in the game when a new level is reached. I'm sorry if this has been addresses elsewhere.

Baraze
04-17-13, 01:24 PM
Could someone please address the issue of clicking on the school and receiving energy that does not count because I'm too close to the cap? This is theft, it should not be offered in game unless the energy can build. The same occurs when collecting from the treasury or castle quests. And please don't tell me I need to remember to run my energy down prior to collecting from these buildings. We know TL can allow energy to build in the game when a new level is reached. I'm sorry if this has been addresses elsewhere.

We know they wont raise the energy. Until they do we cant complain if we purposefully collect from buildings that give energy, when WE know it will not go higher than 30 or 40.

Baraze
04-17-13, 01:25 PM
Im almost there. Have 68 tickets now. This is soooo exhausting.

justkellymm
04-17-13, 06:18 PM
When did someone tell us that wizard school energy is void if it takes you above your current max?

When will I get a higher max than 30?

ashleighncurrie
04-19-13, 11:40 AM
I get so excited when I read a possible update release date... So much so that I count down the days.... Think I need therapy because I am addicted to this game. And I couldn't play it for a week because I dropped my phone in water and had to wait to have my account transferred. However storm8 sorted that pretty quickly for me

gwcastle
04-19-13, 03:43 PM
I am a few tickets away from the tinker camp. I should be able to reach 100 by the end of this week. Can't wait to see the camp on my kingdom.

xtcinla11
04-20-13, 11:03 AM
Just got my tinker camp yesterday, I love it

jordans123
04-20-13, 12:07 PM
Tinker camp isn't all that great just another way to build items and speed up the process. A lot of effort to get it but the thrill for me is already gone. I need to expand and can't and I'm already bored again

bowlfullofcherries
04-20-13, 05:03 PM
TL is doing a swell job of giving a diverse number of things to do. What's the hurry anyway? I'm just now getting to the point where my points reflect my level. Delayed gratification is a wonderful thing. I had just about enough tickets to get the camp but at the last minute decided to use them for expansion instead. Best decision I ever made.
The tension and eventual gratification begin again. I'm pretty much committed to the game- one last expansion and I'm set to wait for the next update. Now I'm using the kitchens for quests, doing quests for decorations, decorating, collecting from animals and crops for the exchange, and using the exchange to build up tickets and leveling buildings. Good times.

wealthyrich
04-21-13, 05:20 AM
is there a goal for belladonna trade> ?

klocee
04-21-13, 07:41 AM
I have been patiently waiting my wing and horn, still nothing. I believe i am on my 3rd week. the libraries aren't dropping books anymore either. Only one a day between 2 libraries and Old Thomas's house. Should I use the castle story valentines version or the regular castle story? Does it matter?

maguar
04-21-13, 03:10 PM
I have been patiently waiting my wing and horn, still nothing. I believe i am on my 3rd week. the libraries aren't dropping books anymore either. Only one a day between 2 libraries and Old Thomas's house. Should I use the castle story valentines version or the regular castle story? Does it matter?

Use the regular as its the one that will get future updates/fixes.

memphistomboy
04-21-13, 03:38 PM
CURIOUS:
How's the timeline looking? Will the April 25 date hold? Any hints you can give us? VERY hopeful new levels will be available!

Introducing the Wizard School, the place to go when you need to pep up!

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/840/aprilteaser1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/aprilteaser1.jpg/)

The Wizard School will be purchasable by players of all levels. By finding Spellbooks on Adventures and in Libraries (and perhaps even laying around Old Thomas' house!), the Wizard School is upgradeable to produce even more energy.

In addition to the new building, the Valentine's Day event is coming to an end with this update. As previously mentioned, if you have built the Love Shack and are already on the questline, you will be able to continue your progress. This change will mostly affect new players.

On the heels of this update, we are aiming to publish a major update on April 25th that may contain a new character and many goals. I will keep you posted. Delays are always a possibility, but it's our hope that with hard work, we will be able to have it ready.

Best wishes to all Castle Story players,

===

GT

memphistomboy
04-21-13, 03:42 PM
I too, have never received any Alicorn parts. However, uninstalling and reinstalling the traditional Castle Story game fixed the library issue of not dropping books. (I did so after a response from storm8 ticket was entered and addressed )

vchanhs
04-21-13, 05:32 PM
CURIOUS:
How's the timeline looking? Will the April 25 date hold? Any hints you can give us? VERY hopeful new levels will be available!

My guess is a week delay since TL likes to release updates on Thursday or Friday and with the lack of teasers so far, most likely will not be this week.

wolfchaser
04-21-13, 07:46 PM
I also have yet to receive Alicorn parts despite my knight's daily questing in search of this mythical creature. Shouldn't be this hard to find a horn or wing with now over 60 quests.

wassupbaby
04-22-13, 12:28 AM
My guess is a week delay since TL likes to release updates on Thursday or Friday and with the lack of teasers so far, most likely will not be this week.

Naaah. It's monday so i guess in 12 hrs from now , we'll get some teasers :)