PDA

View Full Version : Newb gift question

locika06
04-09-13, 06:59 AM
One last question from this newb... for the moment ;-)

I know the maximum number of gifts a player can receive per day is 20 (plus, I believe, a further 20 as 'accetps' to parts requests). Anyway, regarding the non-parts requests gifts (which can be parts or food/drink), where does the 20 limit apply? Do you have to accept the gift for that gift to be counted as part of the 20, or does the gift simply sitting there in your 'news' box count as being part of the 20?

If it's the latter, and if there are gifts you don't want in there (for parts you don't want, or brownies ;-) ), then I guess you have to 'decline' in order to let new gifts in... is that right?

Also, if you accept, say, 19 gifts in one day, and two friends send you a gift in the same day, do you only see the first gift that got sent because this has brought you to 20?

Some of my neighbours aren't gifting when I gift them daily, and I'm wondering if this is because when they typically gift, maybe this is at a time when I'm typically full of gifts in my 'news' box...

Thanks again to all who have, and divulge, the answer ;-)

cookietyler
04-09-13, 10:43 AM
I believe the maximum of 20 applies to both food and parts received. If you receive a gift that you do not like/need, you can decline the gift. The sender will be unable to send you a replacement gift as they've already sent one for the day.

As far as the 19 gifts question, I'm not sure about that.

OnCloudDivine
04-09-13, 11:07 AM
Yes, if you have 19 gifts and 2 neighbors sends gifts, you will only see the first and the other neighbor will receive a message that you are full. All gifts that sit in your news box count towards your 20 per day, so don't wait to decline if you feel you'll receive something better. My news feed even has some of my gifts expire if I let them sit there for long periods (10hrs+) while I am actively playing.

My suggestion to you would be to contact the neighbors who are/if they are gifting unwanted gifts and let them know you would like a different one. This may help in also telling you which of your neighbors are valuable (*?︶?*)

locika06
04-09-13, 03:00 PM
Thanks! This helps a lot :-)