PDA

View Full Version : What's bad about selling out of food?

locika06
04-09-13, 02:42 AM
I've seen players blocking the door to stop customers coming in so that they don't sell out, so I guess there's a bad effect of selling out which is worse than not selling food due to the door being blocked... Can someone enlighten me as to what this bad effect is?

Clearly there will be lots of bots raoming around an empty bakery leaving with broken hearts, so does this have any negative impact on the players XP for example?

I read somewhere that broken hearts reduce the XP gain, but XP is from cooking and serving food, and not by customers buying it, so was this correct? Do broken hearts take away XP? Maybe they increase the XP number required to level up, and therefore reduce levelling up..??

Anyway, the big question is: What is bad about running out of food? Obviously it means you don't sell anything, and this is bad, but that's the same when you block a door... so why is blocking a door better than selling out?

Thanks for all help :-)

Mudturtledove
04-09-13, 03:32 AM
I'm always so happy to sell out of food because it means I'm making money. As far as I know, the only downfall is that the happiness heart goes down from 100% while you are working in your bakery until you have food again (while you are offline It doesn't seem affected). It goes up again very quickly so frankly I don't see this as being an issue. I think some people just don't like the idea that they are out of food.

nky1111
04-09-13, 03:40 AM
it's just boring especially on low levels when u play they don't and they play when u don't

locika06
04-09-13, 04:34 AM
I'm always so happy to sell out of food because it means I'm making money. As far as I know, the only downfall is that the happiness heart goes down from 100% while you are working in your bakery until you have food again (while you are offline It doesn't seem affected). It goes up again very quickly so frankly I don't see this as being an issue. I think some people just don't like the idea that they are out of food.

OK, so what's bad about the happiness heart going down below 100? Does this have any negative effect on the consumption rate or XP value... I mean if you have an empty bakery and don't block the door, your profit is zero, but if you do block the door, your profit is also zero, so no difference there... With an open door the heart goes down, but with zero food anyway what negative effect does the heart going down actually have?

I personally don't like to see my bakery empty, but I was just wondering if there's an actual penalty, like you go down a level or loose 10,000 coins or something... I get that the heart going down happens, but is this actually bad?

Thanks all you experianced bakers out there for helping this newb understand this game a bit better :-)

nky1111
04-09-13, 05:24 AM
Consumption rate. Actually having 0 happiness is the correct way if you need to close the bakery for a long time))

nky1111
04-09-13, 05:26 AM
blocking the door only works for ashort time. on midnight the game resets and starts selling anyway.

locika06
04-09-13, 05:54 AM
blocking the door only works for ashort time. on midnight the game resets and starts selling anyway.

Interesting... what time zone midnight? Or is it the midnight of the device clock?

So, the heart level is an indication of consumption rate for a fixed seating arrangement... The only way I can imagine this is linked to how the game works is that a customer comes in, occupies one of the 27 slots, and then leaves without eating... so the Bakery then loses one sale... Which makes sense to me... but if the bakery is empty anyway, I still don't get why this is worse than blocking the door... sales are zero in both cases... so the question remains, is blocking the door better than running out of food? If so, why? :-)

Personally it seems better to run out of food than to block the door, because at least then you sell all that's there, but by blocking the doorm you are losing sales...

So why is it better to block the door than run out? If the happiness heart going down reduces consuption rate and that's all, then it's irrelevant in both cases because the consumtion is zero anyway...?

nky1111
04-09-13, 06:08 AM
midnight PST. Seating arrangements only matter when you keep the game running overnight. When you're offline it's fixed at ~43000 plates per day ( for 100 happiness and enough number of counters to sell thst amount). So it gets very easy to overstock when you get more ovens...
Blocking is just for fun. just so you don't play in an empty bakery)

locika06
04-09-13, 06:43 AM
midnight PST. Seating arrangements only matter when you keep the game running overnight. When you're offline it's fixed at ~43000 plates per day ( for 100 happiness and enough number of counters to sell thst amount).

Mmmm, another interesting thing I never knew... you do mean plates and not coins yes...?

Anyway, the next question is: what is 'being off line' and how do you get and avoid being offline? I play on iPad which turns the screen off after 2 mins... this is not offline, is it...? I tend to leave the device like this overnight, or simply close the cover flap, which also 'turns it off'. Do you go offline at midnight, or is offline really when the screen goes to saver mode... or does it mean if you carry the device away from your WiFi?

I will stop with these silly questions soon ;-)

locika06
04-09-13, 06:47 AM
midnight PST. Seating arrangements only matter when you keep the game running overnight. When you're offline it's fixed at ~43000 plates per day ( for 100 happiness and enough number of counters to sell thst amount). So it gets very easy to overstock when you get more ovens...
Blocking is just for fun. just so you don't play in an empty bakery)

What you have written here has raised another question: If you're offline and, lets say, have only one usable seat in your bakery (hence a very low consumption rate while online) does this shoot up to 43000 plates per day when off-line??

cookietyler
04-09-13, 10:46 AM
Also take note that blocking your door can produce a "quick sale" effect.

locika06
04-09-13, 03:02 PM
Also take note that blocking your door can produce a "quick sale" effect.

Meaning...?

islanddoll1
04-09-13, 05:05 PM
Meaning...?

When you come back on line all your food would be gone

islanddoll1
04-09-13, 05:11 PM
Mmmm, another interesting thing I never knew... you do mean plates and not coins yes...?

Anyway, the next question is: what is 'being off line' and how do you get and avoid being offline? I play on iPad which turns the screen off after 2 mins... this is not offline, is it...? I tend to leave the device like this overnight, or simply close the cover flap, which also 'turns it off'. Do you go offline at midnight, or is offline really when the screen goes to saver mode... or does it mean if you carry the device away from your WiFi?

I will stop with these silly questions soon ;-)

43000 Plates. When you open the game one of two things could happen: you go directly into the game or you wait a while for it to load and then go in the game. When you have to wait a while for the game to load you were off line, if you dont have to wait but enter your bakery as soon as you select the Bakery Story icon then you were online. It usually goes off line after a while. If I want my game to be online i just leave it on and let the screen blank out for it self. If i want to go offline (to save battery for instance) I go to the task manager and hit "end". If you move away from your WiFi you game goes off line.

talensnana
04-09-13, 10:37 PM
On a IOS device leaving the game on overnight is when you turn off the screen saver and leave the game running all night long. You do sell alot more food doing this. I do it a couple of days a week. When I do I make sure that I have as many individual counters of Red Velvet Cake or Cappuchino so I can make the most money. The bots will evenly choose food from the counters. So if you have 10 counters, every 11th bot will start the process over. I will stack low value foods together on one counter and then high value food I use individual counters for each stove.

locika06
04-10-13, 06:49 AM
When you come back on line all your food would be gone

Mmmm, and do you get coins credited for them? This sounds like a bug... Is this a known effect for all devices?

locika06
04-10-13, 06:56 AM
43000 Plates. When you open the game one of two things could happen: you go directly into the game or you wait a while for it to load and then go in the game. When you have to wait a while for the game to load you were off line, if you dont have to wait but enter your bakery as soon as you select the Bakery Story icon then you were online. It usually goes off line after a while. If I want my game to be online i just leave it on and let the screen blank out for it self. If i want to go offline (to save battery for instance) I go to the task manager and hit "end". If you move away from your WiFi you game goes off line.

Thanks for the explanation islanddoll! So I guess another big clue that you've gone offline is that you get all the pop-ups again...

So the consumption rate of 43000 plates/day is spread per minute I guess, so it's 30plates per minute...?

For some strange reason I keep getting the message 'Bakery Story is an online game and you must be connected to the net...' but my device is showing connected... I guess this means that my device goes offline on it's own anyway, so it's pretty pointless making an efficient seating arrangement in this case...

So if you only have one usable table for the bots, do you still sell 43000 plates per day while offline? I might give this a test :-)

Thanks again!

locika06
04-10-13, 06:59 AM
On a IOS device leaving the game on overnight is when you turn off the screen saver and leave the game running all night long. You do sell alot more food doing this. I do it a couple of days a week. When I do I make sure that I have as many individual counters of Red Velvet Cake or Cappuchino so I can make the most money. The bots will evenly choose food from the counters. So if you have 10 counters, every 11th bot will start the process over. I will stack low value foods together on one counter and then high value food I use individual counters for each stove.

I didn't realise that! So if you make several portions of red velvet cake so that all your counters are full of them, and you then place a gifted batch of something down, that would be a bad move because all the red velvet cake will go onto one counter... Mmmm, interesting :-)

Thanks for the insight!