PDA

View Full Version : Is a broken heart bad?

locika06
04-08-13, 07:19 AM
Maybe a silly newb question, but what is bad about having a broken hearted customer? Does it mean money was lost because a bot had to come in and leave with nothing and therefore the efficiency of the store is reduced? Is there some other negative effect?

Thanks for all advice :-)

nky1111
04-08-13, 09:24 AM
if there's alot of them your happiness would go down and then the food would sell extremely slow. as long as you stil have 100 happiness broken hearts don't matter.

mitch1020
04-08-13, 01:27 PM
You get broken hearts when you don't have any food for your customers. If you don't have food, just move a chair or something to block the door. This will keep customers from coming in. When you get some food just unblock the door. I hope you have as much fun playing as I have! :)

mitch1020
04-08-13, 01:29 PM
You can also get broken hearts if all the seats are full and there's no place for customers to sit so you may need to put in more tables

cherryberry9
04-08-13, 03:20 PM
When you have 90 or above for happiness you are usually fine.

islanddoll1
04-08-13, 03:29 PM
As long as you have 27 tables and chairs, food and an unblocked register you will have 100 hearts.

sirenshadow
04-08-13, 08:45 PM
As long as you have 27 tables and chairs, food and an unblocked register you will have 100 hearts.

I only have 19 and no broken hearts. I am using fescupers design to maximize efficiency...

locika06
04-08-13, 11:51 PM
I only have 19 and no broken hearts. I am using fescupers design to maximize efficiency...

Interesting, I was doing some tests yesterday trying to optimise the seating to maximise the consumption rate, and it seemes like that as soon as the heart rating started to flick below 100 occationally the consumption rate went down. I kind of hit a peak with about 24 chairs (around 340 portions sold in 10 mins). I'd like to see this 'fescupers' design :-) Is it with the default door location? What consumption rate do you get? Add me and I'll have a look at your Bakery :-) I tip and gift cappuchino daily unless real life gets in the way ;-)

One very strange thing happened during these tests and that was that one test gave a consumption rate of twice the others, but only once. When I tested exactly the same seating arrangement a 2nd time, it was back down to the low 300's instead of over 600!! Did I mess my counting up, or do strange things like this happen?

I tried to make sure the tests were carried out in exactly the same way, here was my procedure:

1) Block door and count all food (portion numbers put in XL spreadsheet and summed)
2) Go to design mode and unblock door.
3) Start stop-watch simultaneously with exiting design mode.
4) Do not touch iPad for 10 mins exactly (it goes to power save after 2 mins).
5) At 10 mins, turn iPad on, go straight to Bakery Store and enter design mode.
6) Block door and exist design mode.
7) Count portions and calculate difference.

I'd try this with different chair numbers, moving the chairs away from tables furthest from the door...

I found the results a bit scattered, maybe 10 mins wasn't long enough... Very puzzled by the 2x result though

I can't imagine a more efficient seating system than the one I have with the default door location... Take a look at my Bakery: Lee's Cafe :-)

locika06
04-09-13, 02:49 AM
if there's alot of them your happiness would go down and then the food would sell extremely slow. as long as you stil have 100 happiness broken hearts don't matter.

OK, I didn't know that... so what you're saying is that when the heart number goes below 100, the food sells slower...? Does it do this by making the bots take longer to eat, or by reducing the number of bots that are in the bakery at any one time (normal is 27, so does this go down when the heart drops)? Sorry for silly questions, just starting to try and figure this game out :-)

maguar
04-09-13, 03:12 AM
I believe it's by reducing the number of bots in your store.