PDA

View Full Version : Djinn Junction - Levels 121 - 126

OpeningCeremony
04-06-13, 12:48 AM
Finally on a new island. But have not escaped the dreaded stone jewels. Level 121's board is double glassed and there are some isolated ones in corners that will need blasting not once but twice. Not sure of a good strategy yet on this level. Played only twice but haven't cleared it.

OpeningCeremony
04-06-13, 02:46 PM
Ok passed 121. There are a cluster of 4 stone jewels in the middle of the board that I try to get rid of so it makes it easier to pass the level. The four corners are the hardest to clear bc you need to use a blaster on them or diamond.

Level 122 feels like back to "normal". No stone jewels. Just 2 doom jewels with a visible timer that are bordered by crates but pretty easy to get rid of those. Then as you dig down there are black jewels, more crates, and those white blocks. Timed level so you have to move fast to get anywhere close to the finish line. Other than that not really tricky, but still working on it

sweetstuff525
04-06-13, 02:47 PM
wow you are ahead

i just got to level 104

OpeningCeremony
04-08-13, 10:46 AM
wow you are ahead

i just got to level 104

you'll be ok until you get to 118, that one is a pain and not really fun to try and pass.

passed 122 and for me i need every second i can get to pass it. so i wouldn't combine a diamond and a blaster because it just sucks up too much time unless you really need it.
level 123 is another glass level all double glassed. stone jewels are back and there are 4 pairs of them surrounded by walls except for the top so it's kinda tough to get them out. i almost passed it with only one glass left but time ran out. i literally needed like one more second. argh i hate when that happens.

and back to 121, i just passed it on my other account and i guess you don't necessarily need only a blaster or diamond for the corners, but you have to get lucky with getting a match near them since they're blocked off with a wall.

OpeningCeremony
04-09-13, 03:05 PM
oops in level 123 there are only 3 pairs of those stone jewels. must've just felt so overwhelmed by them that it felt like more :) on to level 124, there are 4 doom jewels in the center surrounded by black jewels and crates and two walls. the doom jewels aren't that bad, starts off with 20 on the countdown. but with only 25 moves it's difficult to break all the glass on the board.

OpeningCeremony
04-10-13, 08:16 PM
Ok somehow got passed level 124 - used diamond and blaster combo. Also best to make matches at the bottom so that when jewels drop down they might make more matches.

Level 125 is timed and glassed. Each column is separated by a wall so you pretty much have to make horizontal matches unless you have 3 in the same column. Reminds me of an older level except there are 4 doom jewels in the center when you begin. They give you enough time on the countdown to get rid of them, so that's not too stressful. Doom jewels will also drop randomly but not very often, which is nice. It's sometimes tricky to make horizontal matches because the jewels are constantly moving down and then into the next column but overall not that bad a level.

OpeningCeremony
04-11-13, 02:25 PM
woo hoo! made it to the last level of this island, level 126. this one you gotta dig 9 meters down w/in 40 moves. there are some stone jewels, some crates. hasn't been that bad so far but haven't passed it yet. hopefully i'll get to the next island by end of day. yippee :D

sweetstuff525
04-28-13, 01:59 PM
Finally got to level 122 but can't seem to have enough time

Gardienn
05-07-13, 02:06 PM
Passed 121 ok, but am stuck in 122. Fortunately, those two timed bombs aren't what's causing the problem. The farthest I've gotten down has been 6 of 11 levels.

rraee
05-07-13, 03:58 PM
125 seems impossible and I'm here to vent haha

Gardienn
05-07-13, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the warning, rraee. lol

Gardienn
05-08-13, 08:59 AM
I finally got through 122, barely. I needed 3-4 diamonds. I don't do well on timed levels when you have to dig down, I think because I tend to favor swiping to the right and that often takes the match away from the wall.

Phaedrakiki
05-08-13, 10:49 PM
121: 56 double-glass in 35 moves. 4 unbreakable/stone jewels in the center, & wooden walls separating the two right & left columns. Some gems cannot be moved at all, so this is tricky--took me 4 tries to pass (starting each time with "optimal" moves-or restart.) Blasters & other special gems are your best friends here, but manipulating those stone gems determines whether you pass or not (at least, that's how it was for me. Got 52 or more/56 each time I played, but those stone jewels protect the glass if you don't clear/move them...) Fun level! :D

Phaedrakiki
05-08-13, 11:01 PM
Oh, man! 122--I was so close! I cleared 10/11 levels--only 3 squares left! 2:00 on the clock to clear all that stuff (already described) imbedded in the dirt. Darn...almost had it! Let my heart rest a sec, then back at it--only 1 energy left so I need to get it done...

Phaedrakiki
05-09-13, 12:06 AM
122's not bad for a timed level--kinda fun. Just wish my heart didn't race...maybe I'm too old for this, lol! I have to take a little break in between each "timed try" to settle down (sad, I know!) ;) Didn't get quite as close the 2nd time, but I know it's in reach. Some of these levels, you're nowhere near passing, & it feels futile (until you finally do pass it!)

What's fun in this level? The crates & ice at the start...come crashing down pretty fast as you start pounding 'em (w/matches, special jewels, etc.) You make progress quickly! And then you have to keep it going cuz you need every bit of that time...

K, try #3 I only got halfway--going the wrong direction! :confused:

Phaedrakiki
05-09-13, 01:55 PM
Well, it may have been fun to start, but 122 is no longer fun! I'm soooooo stuck, & I'm not getting as close as those 1st 2 times. Guess I must've had some very "lucky" boards to start with(?).

If so, please JM gods, can I have another lucky 122 board?
(Omg, I'm so awful on these timed levels...!)

Gardienn
05-09-13, 02:48 PM
Stuck on 125. Down down down they go. The closest I've gotten is two gems left. Oh. And it's timed. lol

Phaedrakiki
05-09-13, 03:14 PM
Stuck on 125. Down down down they go. The closest I've gotten is two gems left. Oh. And it's timed. lol

Down what goes--doom jewels? I'm sorry you're stuck (totally know the feeling.) Good luck!

OpeningCeremony
05-09-13, 03:21 PM
Down what goes--doom jewels? I'm sorry you're stuck (totally know the feeling.) Good luck!

haha i remember level 125. all the jewels just keep falling down whenever you make matches. they have nowhere to move but vertically. and i do think random doom jewels drop in but not that often...

Phaedrakiki
05-09-13, 03:31 PM
122--did they change it? The first couple times I played I got close to passing--the jewels were a-flying making their own matches as they fell, the crates at the start going quickly. Now I'm having to look harder for matches, occasionally needing a reshuffle! Did they add another color of something? There are 5 right now. Or am I really getting "worse?"

Phaedrakiki
05-10-13, 10:16 PM
Ugggh, this is ridiculous! I hate to say it, but this just might be the end for me. I'm still stuck on 122. Completely frustrating--I don't get closer than halfway most of the time. Got the furthest the 1st two times I played, & never got close again.

I'm moving as fast as I can & doing the right things...far as I can tell, anyway. I'm starting the level with good moves right next to the crates as well as the dirt on both sides. I'm making lots of blasters & bombs, and combining them where possible. I'm making diamonds, too--but I don't combine with blasters cuz it eats too much time. Sometimes I just end up combining them with a regular gem if there are no good moves near the dirt (or moves that create special jewels.) Or I use w/the color of a blaster I want to set off. I'm moving as fast as I can, not wasting moves at the top (except when there are no other moves--right before reshuffle,) and basically concentrating on digging... Is there something else I should be doing?

I'm starting to think it's silly to torture myself like this--it's supposed to be fun! I rarely enjoy timed levels, they're more of an obstacle to get thru to the other fun levels. And when it takes days (or more) to pass them, it stops feeling worth it. Plus, I know the next level's timed, too (from this thread.) I don't want to be a quitter, though. And I've been hoping to make it to the snakes & fire levels eventually. I love Jewel Mania, so I'll give it a little longer. But if I don't pass soon, or if I get stuck on the next timed level, too...? :confused: :(

Phaedrakiki
05-11-13, 12:29 AM
This is a test, to see if I can upload a picture. Hopefully it works, & this is of 122, my nemesis. Looks pretty tame, right? But unless I'm just totally psyched-out...it's a ****er!

Gardienn
05-11-13, 09:11 PM
This one ****ed me for awhile too and I thought I'd never get it. And then I finally landed enough diamond gems to make it through. Hang in there. You'll get it.

Phaedrakiki
05-13-13, 02:04 PM
This one ****ed me for awhile too and I thought I'd never get it. And then I finally landed enough diamond gems to make it through. Hang in there. You'll get it.

Thanks for the encouragement--I really need it! Sorry for all this venting, but this is the worst level ever for me! It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult--not a lot of doom jewels or tough barriers. I'm guessing the triple-boarded crates are part of the problem...they slow progress, even though they appear benign.

What worries me is my lack of progress. On previous difficult levels, 105 for example, I could see a gradual improvement as I kept "practicing." Not with this one. I suppose I'm getting a little further...6, sometimes 7/11 now (vs. of 4 or 5.) But often only 3 or so, ...when there are barely any matches. Like there's time to "hunt" for the only match left! It's crazy...I don't see why this level has to be so difficult. It would still be a challenge with extra time or one less color jewel (for example.) I've still only managed to get close one other time (other than 1st two.) That time I had lots of diamonds and combos. Everything happening "perfectly." It's hard to imagine I'll ever be able to move faster or have better luck than that. So how can I ever pass? Ugh, I really, really hate this level--despise it. Can't tell you how stupid I feel having spent a week on what feels like punishment. I mean, come on!!!

OpeningCeremony
05-13-13, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the encouragement--I really need it! Sorry for all this venting, but this is the worst level ever for me!

sounds to me like you are doing all the right things. focusing on digging, and not combining diamond + blaster so that you avoid wasting time on the clock. i looked back at my comments towards the beginning of this thread and it looks like it took me a couple days to pass it. i even said that i needed every single second. so i think that you just need to keep at it and you'll get one of those "perfect" rounds soon!! i just know it!! the level isn't tricky, it's just a matter of getting those good matches near the bricks so you can dig dig dig. i believe in you!! :)

Phaedrakiki
05-13-13, 04:50 PM
sounds to me like (...)
you just need to keep at it and you'll get one of those "perfect" rounds soon!! i just know it!! the level isn't tricky, it's just a matter of getting those good matches near the bricks so you can dig dig dig. i believe in you!! :)

Thank you! :D

Gardienn
05-13-13, 05:16 PM
I was having the same problem, and then I got a good run. I'm convinced it was the game handing out good jewels that turn, so it might just be that kind of case. Keep practicing so you're ready for when that good board hits and you'll get through. If you haven't already, take a break for a day or two to regroup.

Phaedrakiki
05-14-13, 02:59 PM
I...passed...122. :confused:

Phaedrakiki
05-14-13, 03:00 PM
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/Hurray_zpsd9e57bfc.jpg

Phaedrakiki
05-14-13, 03:44 PM
Here's 123:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/70578F27-ED9A-43DF-BF49-674CA3C39313-945-0000027EB1EEB19B_zps1a6ef9fa.jpg

48 2x-glass in 1:40. Check out the nice yellow "diamond" match right in the middle! Unfortunately, I was only planning on taking a pic then restarting, so by the time I saw this match, I'd lost some time. If I'd been prepared, I might've passed, cuz I was able to clear several unbreakable/stone jewels, & clear lots of glass. Anyway, though its timed & those wooden "pockets" are a little tricky, this doesn't look too daunting. I imagine just about anything's better than being stuck on 122! Hopefully I won't be here too long...got some serious catch-up to do~ ;)

As for strategy, this looks pretty straightforward. I'll try to start with optimal moves, like the one above--or restart the level. Also, matches toward the bottom to create more "extra" matches as the jewels fall in. Gonna have to focus on those pocket areas, the bottom, sides (that stick out,) etc. Lots of special jewels required!

Phaedrakiki
05-14-13, 04:03 PM
Oops, timer on level 123 was 1:35, not 1:40... Passed it the third time, used a diamond+blaster, as well as a blaster+bomb & some "like-specials" combos. The board reshuffled about 30 seconds in, which pulled most of the stone jewels out of the pockets, making things a whole lot easier. Had one last glass in that side "outie" on the left, but luckily I matched it with just a few seconds left... Whew!

I earned forty gold bars from challenges, too. Expect to lose that soon (end of the next timed level, if not sooner!) ;)

Phaedrakiki
05-14-13, 04:09 PM
I was having the same problem, and then I got a good run. I'm convinced it was the game handing out good jewels that turn, so it might just be that kind of case. Keep practicing so you're ready for when that good board hits and you'll get through. If you haven't already, take a break for a day or two to regroup.

Forgot to say "thanks!" Appreciate everything...was just about to take your advice about the break, but decided to give it one more run... I was really bummed-out, so thanks for the encouragement!

Gardienn
05-14-13, 04:22 PM
I'm looking for your post that says, "I finally did it!" :)

Phaedrakiki
05-14-13, 04:25 PM
Here's level 124:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/15AAE57E-4580-4D0E-9C2B-8F4DBA9B9183-996-0000028F19391FA5_zps3ae2846b.jpg

124 has 60 glass in 30 moves. 4 doom jewels in the middle surrounded by black boxes & crates, w/some wooden walls thrown in. Might be tricky...but aaahhhhhh, it's a level where I can take my time. Hurray!

I'll start this level with optimal moves, like at the bottom, next to crates, doom-jewel-clearing, "outie" sides, or special-jewel-making (or I'll restart.) As usual, lots of special jewels needed! Here goes...

Phaedrakiki
05-14-13, 04:30 PM
I'm looking for your post that says, "I finally did it!" :)

:D Lol...Did you see these posts? #'s 28 & 29:

I...passed...122. :confused:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/Hurray_zpsd9e57bfc.jpg

Phaedrakiki
05-14-13, 06:47 PM
:p I'm showing this 124 board cuz it's a good example of starting with optimal moves/a good board:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/736a5320-33b3-4c89-9868-1f88185bfa9a_zps738f2f2e.jpg

There's a move to clear the red doom jewel (which also lines up the purple doomie above it to be cleared.) Plus, there's a move that "hits" every single crate. (It's important to clear the crates cuz glass underneath!) I didn't pass with this board, but got super-close. Wasted a few moves trying to get a blaster next to my 1st diamond. I used diamond+blaster twice, but ended up needing a couple of those "wasted" moves to clear the remaining glass.

I first heard this tip (about restarting a level if you don't have some good starting moves) from Omnibliss...and it really comes in handy. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for everyone. It can take an energy from some when restarting--in which case it wouldn't be useful after all! (So sorry, Aileeniweeni! Though it's definitely not holding you back--can you even hear me in Serpent Sanctuary? lol :D)

Gardienn
05-14-13, 09:19 PM
:D Lol...Did you see these posts? #'s 28 & 29:

I did not. I obviously didn't look very hard because those are obvious. :confused: Oy.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Phaedrakiki
05-14-13, 11:30 PM
I did not. I obviously didn't look very hard because those are obvious. :confused: Oy.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thanks! Actually, it's pretty easy to overlook things in this thread. I've been more than a little long winded (& that's putting it mildly!) :p

Phaedrakiki
05-15-13, 12:14 AM
125: 2:20 to clear 64 glass tiles. 4 doom jewels in the middle (as previously described.) Wooden walls separate every column--with portals at the top & bottom of each one.
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/76ff15dc-7284-4a3f-b7a6-d1d11cb93ac0_zpsf05c4e44.jpg
This level is insane! OMG, the jewels just keep moving, it's SO hard to make matches. The first time I played, I basically concentrated on making matches on the right side, to keep the jewels moving thru the portals & matching themselves, lol! Got like 58/64 with that strategy...time to try again!

Gardienn
05-15-13, 09:05 AM
LOL--I loved that level just because stuff happened. It took a bit for me to get through, but not too long. I think you'll make it through ok. Forget about the timer and just keep doing what you're doing. You have the right strategy. And keep thinking "swipe down down down."

Phaedrakiki
05-15-13, 02:57 PM
LOL--I loved that level (...)

Yeah, me too--not bad for a timed level. It's so crazy, kept trying to wrap my head around all that portal action. I noticed I got better results the couple times when the board reshuffled. Well, actually I got the best results when I passed, haha. No reshuffling, but was able to combine a blaster+bomb. Not a lot of combo action for me on this level, since I had limited control over the movement! :p

Phaedrakiki
05-15-13, 04:23 PM
Level 126: Dig 9 levels in 45 moves. Barriers are crates, ice, and unbreakable/stone jewels...

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/09e18b41-c1ff-4aeb-936d-81c670ba0907_zps15aac90e.jpg
126 wasn't mentioned much in this thread, so I figured I'd just use my standard "digging" strategies. Worked on the 2nd try, although I also got very lucky with several diamonds! BTW: You know how it takes a diamond to cut a diamond? Have you ever noticed that in this game, it often takes diamonds to create diamonds? (OK, I admit--corny!) What I mean is, often when you use a diamond, all the replacement jewels falling in fast often results in new diamonds! Love when that happens... ;) Oh, the moves are really tight here. So, make sure you start with a good board (I restarted the level when I saw the bad one in this pic.) You'll probably want move(s) against the dirt, or those that create special jewels. Don't worry too much about the crates @start--they're single-boarded & came down pretty fast "practically" on their own.

Anyway, that was a fun level! Still, I'm glad it's over cuz I spent a lot of time on this island (thanks to 122!) I'm sooooooo ready to move on to Wobble Block Rock (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49730-Wobble-Block-Rock-Levels-127-132). :cool:

petsrgrate
08-21-13, 08:30 PM
That's a tricky one. I!m on level 127 and cannot seem to get good matches. been working on this level for about 20 times. Still trying.

petsrgrate
08-21-13, 08:33 PM
I!m not crazy about the timed ones. Not enough time to look over the board for moves.