PDA

View Full Version : "Newest" Version Issues

CutieTinyChef
04-05-13, 01:00 PM
When opening Restaurant Story (and Bakery Story) about an hour ago, I was told I needed to run the "newest" version of the app since mine was no longer supported; I was playing the Restaurant Story: Carnivals Edition. When I went into the Google Play Store it made me download the original version, since the others had been removed. Once I downloaded this version instead, it took literally 5 minutes to open, compared to all of 30 seconds with the other one. Once opened, almost all of my items in my restaurant were invisible. Again, it took several minutes to load everything in my restaurant. It also did the same thing in my neighbors restaurants when I went to visit them. When I went to start a new recipe, some of the pictures were normal sized, some were super tiny! Also when a banner is supposed to pop up to notify me of food being done, etc., a Restaurant Story logo and a huge grey border fill up my entire screen now (Image Attached). :confused:

I tried switching from Wifi to my 4G on my Samsung Galaxy S3, and that didn't help at all.I then tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, and then restart my phone- still the app was incredibly sluggish and glitchy upon starting it up.

Is anyone else having these issues???? It's very frustrating and annoying, and I would like to know how to solve this if possible. :(

nky1111
04-05-13, 01:28 PM
what's the version? I only see 1.5.5.4 dated jan.11 in google play.. same as the carnival version I use so I don't download..
f there was a newer one maybe it has been already removed because of the bugs.

CutieTinyChef
04-05-13, 01:39 PM
I have 1.5.5.7.2

CutieTinyChef
04-05-13, 01:41 PM
Actually you were right, 1.5.5.4, the other one was Bakery Story's version!

Danwold
04-05-13, 10:55 PM
I have had issues too, carnvals was quick and the best version i have played of this game and im lvl 97! So have seen quite a few versions come and go. Im actually unable to play it atm due to the newest version force closing everytime im on the loading screen. It.seems like a memory issue but i have more free than when i played carnivals so im confused lol

MSnadesico
04-05-13, 11:05 PM
I am also having this problem. Only with the regular version and not the seasons versions. Had this problem since November of last year, never got a resolution to the problem, but with the seasonal versions could continue to play, but now with only the regular version available may have to stop playing.

jtdesignz
04-05-13, 11:39 PM
Im having a problem with both rs and BS,won't stay running more then a few secs before force closing an anything that I did manage to do/ get cooking is gone again. Its been an issue for awhile now but now since I updated BS and rs is so bad I can't even okay anymore. None of my other games do this and I'm at my wits end. I have tried everything.

27Redd
04-05-13, 11:44 PM
Yep, me too. For tracking purposes I am on an EVO LTE. And I did download the newest version as well. Getting really frustrated.

nelenelee
04-06-13, 05:26 AM
i even cannot open RS....PLEASE HELP!!!!

CuteTali
04-06-13, 12:33 PM
I got the same from installing the plain boring restaurant story version, the notification is huge and takes up most the screen even on a tablet. Also I can't zoom out at all which makes it difficult to play. I think I'm gonna go back and install the cute V-Day version, miss the raining bubble hearts anyway.

suziws
04-06-13, 01:32 PM
Playng on an iPad. Since yesterday can not even open Bakery Story. The one time it did open, whatever I did would not work then closed. I can eventually, very slowly, get Restaurant story to open and after a few seconds says it is not connected and I AM on Wifi. Cant do anything. Obviously my food is spoiling, goals not getting completed and I don't want to give up on both games but if nothing is fixed soon I guess I will have to.

Please TL address this issue fast.

suziws
04-06-13, 01:34 PM
Playng on an iPad. Since yesterday can not even open Bakery Story. The one time it did open, whatever I did would not work then closed. I can eventually, very slowly, get Restaurant story to open and after a few seconds says it is not connected and I AM on Wifi. Cant do anything. Obviously my food is spoiling, goals not getting completed and I don't want to give up on both games but if nothing is fixed soon I guess I will have to.

Please TL address this issue fast.

chefkailil
04-06-13, 02:27 PM
Same problem after "updating" yesterday and cannot get it resolved

Running android on Motorola droid x2; restaurant is Kai's PastaHouse

Problem does not affect my bakery story game, but I cannot even get into RS anymore. VERY ANNOYING. I've uninstalled repeatedly, cleared cache, moved data to the SD card...nothing works.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

cgval47
04-06-13, 06:19 PM
I've been having issues since yesterday too. Nappanee cafe. I keep getting the blue "oh darn" popup saying my internet is not working. All other tl games ok. I was running carnival version and got a no longer supported popup so i installed plain rs and haven't been able to connect since. please fix this

sharbuch
04-06-13, 07:24 PM
Yes me too slow to open and most time it say it as suddenly quit. I click wait and it starts up.

rcs15
04-06-13, 10:14 PM
The normal version is complete garbage. It takes 5 minutes to even open

jtdesignz
04-07-13, 02:34 AM
Is anyone reading these post who can help/give advice? I'm on android /Toshiba thrive tab. This is bad, can't play more then a min before closing in both games

deadange1
04-07-13, 02:41 AM
I cannot play at all since yesterday evening. It keeps giving me the pop-up that it needs an internet connection to work, and a "try again" button. Quitting the game or trying again has exactly the same result: nothing happens. All my other internet connected games work fine, as does browsing, email etc.

This all happened after I downloaded the "latest" version because I got the message mine was no longer supported (Carnival). The "latest" version has exactly the same version number as Carnival - the only difference is this one doesn't work. And I removed the Carnival one as well, so basically now I can't play because I did an update I was told to do. Good work...

cathyspot
04-07-13, 05:19 AM
Having the same problem. TL please fix this.

nelenelee
04-07-13, 06:59 AM
TEAMLAVA FIXXXX please

vlagay
04-07-13, 09:58 AM
Adds insult to injury when no one bothers to answer these issues. I haven't been able to get into RS since new/old download. Everything is no doubt spoiled - hopefully players will be compensated in some way for this.

bluemoonjyc
04-07-13, 10:09 PM
i play on android tablet, xmas version since Dec 2012.
after downloading regular updated version, cannot access food gift in "my gift" section, it stays on 1st page and no button to scroll to other pages. also i cannot cook on drink machine, juice machine, fire pit & cowboy grill in the updated version.

does anyone have same problems as mine?

i already sent email to TL support team, TL pls do something quick!!!

kooky panda
04-08-13, 05:23 AM
i play on android tablet, xmas version since Dec 2012.
after downloading regular updated version, cannot access food gift in "my gift" section, it stays on 1st page and no button to scroll to other pages. also i cannot cook on drink machine, juice machine, fire pit & cowboy grill in the updated version.

does anyone have same problems as mine?

i already sent email to TL support team, TL pls do something quick!!!

Sometimes you will not see the arrow . Swipe your screen to go to page two .

I will report over the issues with the new update.

FrozenTurtle
04-08-13, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the reports everyone! We're already looking into this issue. In the meantime, you might try clearing your device's cache and closing any background apps you might have running.

123cheri
04-08-13, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the reports everyone! We're already looking into this issue. In the meantime, you might try clearing your device's cache and closing any background apps you might have running.

That definitely DID NOT help. I did what you suggested and it took 50 seconds for RS story to load. However, when I loaded BS immediately following, it only took 10 seconds.

cgval47
04-09-13, 05:43 AM
Going on the 4th day now. Still not working, still getting blue "oh darn" screen. Cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, moved to phone, moved to sd, restarted my device.....nothing.. getting used to not playing anymore. Of course i was doing goals so have 10 spoiled stews and many other spoiled appliances. Get this fixed......

MoreOtter
04-09-13, 01:25 PM
I couldn't open up a recipe without crashing for about 3 days, and most items wouldn't load. Re-installing didn't do anuthing.

I did the update last night and everything is back running smoothly.

I'm on android (Sprint ZTE)

DaojinWildfire
04-09-13, 06:36 PM
If you're experiencing game issues on Android, please update to Restaurant Story 1.5.5.7 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49632-Android-Restaurant-Story-1.5.5.7). If you're still experiencing any issues after updating, please let us know in the linked thread. Thanks!

jtdesignz
04-09-13, 10:40 PM
If you're experiencing game issues on Android, please update to Restaurant Story 1.5.5.7 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49632-Android-Restaurant-Story-1.5.5.7). If you're still experiencing any issues after updating, please let us know in the linked thread. Thanks!

I did the update for both RS and BS and there still crashing, not as often but every few mins or so. I'm on android

kallen1973
04-13-13, 09:59 PM
I was having some of the problems everyone is having BEFORE the update. Now it runs faster and dont have the big hamburger notification taking up my screen. Very happy with update from day 1. Samsung galaxy tab2