PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Poll and Suggestion Thread - 4/3/13

maguar
04-05-13, 05:05 AM
Vote for the items you'd like to see in your kingdom. You can vote for multiple items but you can only vote once.

Is there an item/building or decoration missing? Add your suggestion here. It might be included in the next poll in two weeks time. Please give me plenty of these suggestions so I've got lots of options to choose from for the next poll.

Just a reminder that to think of upcoming holidays etc.

If you've got a gameplay suggestion you can also add it here. Please note that these will not be included in a poll. They will be passed along.

There have been lots of great gameplay suggestions. Pretty please can you make sure to include suggestions for items, decorations etc as well.

You can also add your opinion in the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39218-Can-only-send-3-different-gifts-per-day&p=446227&viewfull=1#post446227) requesting more gift options or this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39358-Missing-Gem-anyone&p=447855&viewfull=1#post447855) on gem confirmations.

Just letting you know I haven't put a lot of detail in the options. This way people can mention different things like with them - I think it helps provide more suggestions for TL to look at :)

brandonu
04-05-13, 06:49 AM
Dragons would be a great addition to the kingdom.

lotuskat
04-05-13, 07:16 AM
Cats and dogs! I'd love furry critters that I don't have to bash on the head with my sword! The barrow mound sounds cool too. It'd go well with the Tablet of Tabernum. What would the artisan kitchen do?

I'd eventually want more resource buildings, maybe a third mine or mill. It could be something along the lines of the Tinkers Camp, where you need to collect tickets (though maybe not 99 of them?). And maybe a Stone Henge type thingy?

bylla7
04-05-13, 09:06 AM
I like the idea of dragons. Absolutely not fats and dogs.

Perhaps more knigths and perhaps ? Queen.

laVirtualCloset
04-05-13, 09:31 AM
I'd like to see an upgrade to the existing characters: Thurston battles the monsters (troll, skunkpines, fangbeast) and Ivy collect from plants and crops.

I'd also like two water features:
One purchased in pieces like the road so u can craft your on pond (it doesn't have to yield any resources; it can be pure speculation). It would be really nice if it functioned like the water pieces in City Metro where it connects to create interesting shapes around other objects.

The 2nd water feature would trigger an amphibeous monster. Once slain, it could give mermaid scales, creeps tooth, and maybe bones.

CottageRose
04-05-13, 09:34 AM
Maybe an Irish wolfhound, Afghan or Great Dane? Those were all hunting dogs. And that would be a reason to have bunny rabbits :)

lotuskat
04-05-13, 09:34 AM
Maybe an Irish wolfhound, Afghan or Great Dane? Those were all hunting dogs. And that would be a reason to have bunny rabbits :)

Ooo, hunting dogs. I like that!

CottageRose
04-05-13, 09:35 AM
Or birds even, which randomly fly around the kingdom and chirp. :)

CottageRose
04-05-13, 09:43 AM
Most of the terriers were also small game/vermin dogs. Maybe they could hunt the skunkupines? LOL

wassupbaby
04-05-13, 09:45 AM
Whatever it is, i'd like to stay on castle story , not farm story , pet shop story ....

jrwheoki
04-05-13, 10:02 AM
I would like to request the wood equivalent of the iron rich ore.... An expensive log/tree that drops more rare items more frequently... Why should the miners get all the fun, chopping trees is where the real fun in this game is :-)

lotuskat
04-05-13, 10:14 AM
I would like to request the wood equivalent of the iron rich ore.... An expensive log/tree that drops more rare items more frequently... Why should the miners get all the fun, chopping trees is where the real fun in this game is :-)

Like a Maple Tree that drops tons of sap? Or Glimmer Tree for glimmer dust or Carnivorous Plant that spits out Bones and Creep Tooth!

CottageRose
04-05-13, 10:17 AM
Bonus points for the trees suggestions :) Resources ...and... more choices for landscaping!

ktappe
04-05-13, 10:41 AM
I'm sorry to see "Villagers" winning. We already have Ivy, Thurston, and Old Thomas wandering around, and they actually get in the way sometimes. I don't want more clutter!

What I would have voted for had it been a choice is "Ability to trade *all* items in the Royal Exchange". It's great we can now get rid of all the berries and sugar that's been building up. But there are still plenty of other items I have 99 of that I want to put to use, such as white petals, chocolate eggs, etc.

maz3girl
04-05-13, 12:37 PM
I like the idea of villagers, that would be fun.

Also, sort of a random app suggestion, but what about an option in the Messages/News Feed to remove old messages/items? (For example, when you click on the scroll in the upper right corner, it opens the Message window where you can see who visited your kingdom and helped out, and also sent gifts). I try to visit other kingdoms that have come to mine but i would like to "x" them out after i've visited.

sdwombat
04-05-13, 01:06 PM
Whatever it is, i'd like to stay on castle story , not farm story , pet shop story ....

Agreed.

SweetySama
04-05-13, 01:43 PM
I want a cute dog! A big St. Bernad dog! And a quest line leading to rescue that cute and loyal fella. And it would wander around like thurston ivy and Thomas and have its own house. Drops from that house could be food items, bones, maybe truffles, and gold nuggets (dogs like to dig around).

materq
04-05-13, 03:20 PM
Mother's Day is coming up. Perhaps a story line where we meet our good old mom.

turtle805
04-05-13, 03:45 PM
Sometimes it seems like a lot of work and resources to upgrade a building, especially to get to level 5. It might seem more worthwhile if after I got a number of buildings upgraded to level 5, my energy cap would start to go up. Say if I had 10 level 5 buildings I could get 35 energy before maxing out. You know it will take a long while to get that done, so players would likely be in the level 25-30 range before they started getting more energy. And we would have to work to get it, not just level up.

turtle805
04-05-13, 03:54 PM
what about a spinning wheel. It could spin wool into yarn or even straw(from wheat) into gold like the rumpelstiltskin fable. Possibly an opening for a quest line.

dng1234
04-05-13, 05:44 PM
Like a Maple Tree that drops tons of sap? Or Glimmer Tree for glimmer dust or Carnivorous Plant that spits out Bones and Creep Tooth!

LOVE THESE! It always seems like I have a bunch of one item but I'm low on another. (ie. wood to sap or stone to ore) Some specific item generators like your suggestions would be great. I'd also like to see a dragon at some point. Maybe have it something along the lines of the Alicorn.

goldensed
04-05-13, 06:09 PM
I think there should be a ferry or a ship. We are so close to all that water, it only makes sense. Definite opportunity for a new storyline. :-)

CatLadyy
04-05-13, 06:41 PM

I also like the hunting dog idea - new adventure!

celemenia
04-05-13, 08:08 PM
I think there should be a ferry or a ship. We are so close to all that water, it only makes sense. Definite opportunity for a new storyline. :-)

I like your idea :)

jumperjing3
04-05-13, 08:42 PM
I voted for dogs but I'd like to see a big wolf hound! And I'd like to see it walking around instead of stationary like the other animals.

I'd like to see maybe a wizards keep with a wizard story line. Could be able to make spells with it...similar to royal exchange....make spells for gems, money,food etc. Maybe able to make a spell that we could use so we would only have to hit a troll once to **** it...but still get 5 energy from it. Or make a spell that let's you refill your energy.

wafflebitter
04-05-13, 09:03 PM
You know what I'd really like to see in my kingdom? A box that pops up and asks things like, "Spend 10,000 gems to speed up Corn?" and a toggle in the settings for people who don't unintentionally waste all their gems. :)

wafflebitter
04-05-13, 09:07 PM
^^^ completely missed the sentence linking to the thread about this lololololroflmao

dorothy2001
04-05-13, 09:10 PM
I would like to know is 30 the maximal level we could reach? It is not exciting without further increase in level on continuous playing!!

SpuriousNotion
04-05-13, 09:15 PM
Trying to think of some more decorations now that I've gotten the random campfire from a quest and saw that there are a few more random decorations to be found!
An archery target. A practice dummy. A road sign, the old wooden kind that has the arrows pointing towards various destinations. An old wooden wagon with two or four wheels, perhaps with some miscellaneous produce or boxes.
How about bridges, either wooden or stone? Made so that they integrate well with the roads.

jonnypopins
04-06-13, 08:46 AM
I like the spinning wheel idea.

brantastisch
04-07-13, 09:04 AM
I would love to be able to re-arrange the drop down menus in the kitchen/workshop/love shack to the order that I use most instead of scrolling. Also, there's some I NEVER use...maybe I could hide them or at least move them to the bottom. I would like the inventory to be arranged more logically. Either by type of item, alphabetically, or whatever, but the current method is haphazard and annoying to scroll through. My preference would be crops, livestock, building materials, crafting materials, rare items, etc.

What about a rare quest for an item that saps trees...one or two of them that allow us to collect more sap like we collect from the hatchery or the other buildings. Or even we have to find/make a special sap tree. Anything!

These big buildings we have to collect so much to build...I think they should all drop items every time along with coins. In the high levels most of us have lots of coins so its not that fun toonly get coins and I LOVE the odd flour from the windmill. A similar drop from the other buildings would be nice.

Decorations are cute, but I'd prefer them to be functional...why can't we get actual pumpkins from the hutch or someone ride in the carriage. Could we animate these things in a quest somehow? Just a thought.

Please please please allow the energy max to go up for higher level players. It just gets ridiculous when we have so many things to get done. Also...if we had to reach level say 25-30 to upgrade the energy... It would motivate all the Lower players to get moving.

elaur
04-07-13, 11:45 AM
These big buildings we have to collect so much to build...I think they should all drop items every time along with coins. In the high levels most of us have lots of coins so its not that fun toonly get coins and I LOVE the odd flour from the windmill. A similar drop from the other buildings would be nice.

Decorations are cute, but I'd prefer them to be functional...why can't we get actual pumpkins from the hutch or someone ride in the carriage. Could we animate these things in a quest somehow? Just a thought.

Please please please allow the energy max to go up for higher level players. It just gets ridiculous when we have so many things to get done. Also...if we had to reach level say 25-30 to upgrade the energy... It would motivate all the Lower players to get moving.

I so agree with all of these!!

Especially the buildings. I can't believe I spent cash to get a manor that just drops money every few hours. What was even the point of that, I could just build a watch tower.

Also agree about the decorations. I would rather get an a high end animal than decorations that do nothing (and seem like they should).

SpuriousNotion
04-07-13, 10:04 PM
I would love for either an edit button to delete a neighbor invitation, or that such invitations expire after something like a week or two. Back a few months ago someone asked for an invitations from several players and either that person simply abandoned their kingdom after making these requests or perhaps they mistakenly sent out an ID from a previous kingdom they had had. It never goes away! I looked at their wall recently and there were some postings begging for that person to accept or decline the invitations. :)

I like the idea of certain high level buildings dropping items. A percentage chance similar to the way the windmills work would seem fair. Along the same idea, I am not sure if this is already in place for crafting buildings, but I feel there would be even more incentive to increase the level of any building if upgrading increased the percentage chance of the rarer items like gold nuggets or increase in the chance they drop their regular item, such as the previously mentioned windmills.

blurbie
04-08-13, 12:25 AM
Let me get this straight... Someone wants a barrow mound, a burial mound, a grave of the ancestors? I don't have villagers but will have graves instead??? Does that mean I have no villagers because the Baron has committed the genocide of my people?? I don't need more genocide! My kingdom is a happy place, free from the cares of daily life and innocent of the horrors of the modern political realm.

blurbie
04-08-13, 12:39 AM
I love the spinning wheel! And the maple trees!!

What will we do with love wood? I wish I could turn it into regular wood--how about if we can spend coins from building collection to do it?

Birds to fly around and perch would be nice. Maybe birdfeeders would do the trick?

I like animals that fit in the kingdom. Sir Pigglesworth gives good stuff. I got a royal beam lately. What about another good animal, a strange kingdom-y one (like a camel or llama or yak) that drops interesting things? If not that, how about a bridge that if you **** a beast there, you get an extra good reward! (like if you **** a troll there, he has to reward you?)

hartland53
04-08-13, 05:47 AM
Since we are getting close to the sea, how about a lighthouse? Fey Crystals could light the beacons.

TamraJane
04-08-13, 06:54 AM
Help please, my kids pressed a bunch if buttons and wasted my gems on watering flowers! How can I reset my game and start over? I have deleted from my iPad and redownloded but my info is saved somehow what can I do?

SweetySama
04-08-13, 10:40 AM
Help please, my kids pressed a bunch if buttons and wasted my gems on watering flowers! How can I reset my game and start over? I have deleted from my iPad and redownloded but my info is saved somehow what can I do?

Send an email to TeamLava. The address is in the help in your game

carpelia
04-08-13, 11:37 AM
I like a lot of the items listed, but I want to emphasize that I'm not interested in having new decorations, I want items with a purpose, that I can interact with.

maguar
04-08-13, 03:04 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. You will need to email support@teamlava.com as it is an in game issue.

jumperjing3
04-09-13, 11:28 AM
I voted for dogs but I'd like to see a big wolf hound! And I'd like to see it walking around instead of stationary like the other animals.

I'd like to see maybe a wizards keep with a wizard story line. Could be able to make spells with it...similar to royal exchange....make spells for gems, money,food etc. Maybe able to make a spell that we could use so we would only have to hit a troll once to **** it...but still get 5 energy from it. Or make a spell that let's you refill your energy.

Looks like I got my wish! This weeks update is similar to my suggestion. Great minds think alike!

lotuskat
04-09-13, 11:47 AM
Looks like I got my wish! This weeks update is similar to my suggestion. Great minds think alike!

It was a great idea! Thanks!

twigsandberries
04-09-13, 11:59 AM
I voted for dogs but I'd like to see a big wolf hound! And I'd like to see it walking around instead of stationary like the other animals. .

Nice idea, makes me think I would love a big wolf hound with a red riding hood story line. I prefer characters walking around too.

I would love a jail or gallows!

Also ships. A shipping port where we could trade our excess crops etc with our real neighbors would ne neat.

We still need fences for our animals! A chicken coop. Where we could combine chickens and collect at once. Those buggars take up a lot of space.

My only worry is that I don't want the game to get too complicated, too fast.

greenMother
04-09-13, 04:58 PM
I would love to somehow be able to turn glimmer bulbs into glimmer dust in the potion shop. Or could we find glimmer dust when farming crops instead of useless kissing dust? I would also like to have some sort of chocolate lover's trade at the Royal Exchange (maybe to the long lost Agnes or a love interest of Thurston's). I am full of chocolate eggs, chocolate truffles, and milk chocolate. Or maybe a love trade to get rid of all the love stone, wood, pink jewels and kissing dust, especially since the Valentine edition is ending. Also, could the silly purple cow finally burp up the rest of the purple ink and petals and turn into a white or royal cow?

rubyjeen
04-10-13, 03:53 PM
I would love to somehow be able to turn glimmer bulbs into glimmer dust in the potion shop. Or could we find glimmer dust when farming crops instead of useless kissing dust? I would also like to have some sort of chocolate lover's trade at the Royal Exchange (maybe to the long lost Agnes or a love interest of Thurston's). I am full of chocolate eggs, chocolate truffles, and milk chocolate. Or maybe a love trade to get rid of all the love stone, wood, pink jewels and kissing dust, especially since the Valentine edition is ending. Also, could the silly purple cow finally burp up the rest of the purple ink and petals and turn into a white or royal cow?

Please don't change my purple cow, I love her in my magic kingdom. I named her Precocious.

sativa81
04-10-13, 04:00 PM
A bank.
Would like to deposits gems before I lose them. And earn interest.

loveka24
04-10-13, 04:09 PM
can anyone tell me how to get the excalibam sword for one of the expansions. I cant find it anywhere. Thank you

Starlitstream
04-10-13, 07:24 PM
I'd like a port/harbour where you can trade for rare, exotic items. A new character - pirate.

CottageRose
04-10-13, 08:18 PM
can anyone tell me how to get the excalibam sword for one of the expansions. I cant find it anywhere. Thank you

All about Excalibam :)
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?40538-The-legendary-sword-Excalibam-Thurston

wassupbaby
04-11-13, 12:03 AM
I'd like to see Colosseum building with gladitorial contests or some battles.

dasjjnn
04-11-13, 01:47 AM
I'd like to be able to trade items with my neigbours.

Also: i'd like to be able to use some of my items i have in my inventory like the adamant, skunku-pie, fey cristal, big ruby, mysterious venom, mithril, troll essence, purple hide and knowledge shard

Thank you TL!!!

onemansmiracle
04-11-13, 02:17 AM
Yes,I have 24 mithrils now,and when can I use them?

CottageRose
04-11-13, 05:47 AM
I hope whatever new things come along, they remainconsistent with the current 'theme'. IMHO, it really destroys the fun of kingdom building when new items look completely out of place. I don't want south sea islands beach huts or Wild West saloons in a fairy tale kingdom with castles, keeps and country villages.

ay3cha
04-11-13, 07:22 AM
some decoration ideas: animated fountains. The romatic fountain is pretty lame. You could have a shimmer or sparkle fountain, a rainbow fountain, a beast sculpture fountain that shoots water from its mouth....

longislandny
04-11-13, 09:01 AM
Since we are getting close to the sea, how about a lighthouse? Fey Crystals could light the beacons.

Oh yes this would be very cool. A lighthouse. This could go along with the kingdom theme too I think. It would be cool if it dropped things other than coins too... Maybe fish or sea glass or something different

leanneharry
04-12-13, 03:19 PM
This is something that I think needs to be altered in the game, when you accidentally click on an item that isn't ready to be collected the purple box appears to speed up by using gems and when you click the screen again it takes gems & with it being touch screen I find I accidentally click things a lot and end up wasting gems when I don't mean to, there should be a confirm button to check that you actually do want to speed the item up by using gems. I can't tell you how many times I've done this on my iPad and its frustrating when I'm trying to save gems to buy the new buildings

NayanPrakash
04-13-13, 08:06 AM
I love all the ideas which people have given above meDon't really know what more to say. Wooden fences are a great idea, also could we increase the gift limit? The gift limit is the one thing about this game that really annoys me. We should also have more stables, hatcheries, sawmills, mines, etc. That way we wouldn't have to waste space on the chickens and cows, and will be able to place more decorations. Otherwise, the game is great. Love the villagers and dog idea, plus the shipping port is great. To be able to trade items with our neighbours would be fab. Like I don't really need pink jewels, glimmerdust, or truffles right now, but have too much. Some people want them and to be able to gift them would be great

vednir
04-13-13, 09:55 AM
I would suggest that the Royal Manor give more gold when it is raised to level 10. It is a gem building so there is a high barrier to entry. As you upgrade the manor you should be able to collect more coins to make it worth spending gems compared to the wizard manor which provides a more significant return for gems spent. Currently the manor adds 40 coins per 4 hour collection. I would suggest it increases as below every 2 levels to reflect that the manor has 10 levels of upgrade vs. 5 levels for the non-gem buildings. To encourage upgrades, thereby expending resources and falling in-line with the overall goal to slow game play down the manor should start with a lower collection amount but end at a higher collection amount.

Current coins -> Proposed coins at that level
(+40 coins/upgrade)
Level 1: 380 -> 200
Level 2: 420 -> 240

(+60 coins/upgrade)
Level 3: 460 -> 300
Level 4: 500 -> 360

(+80 coins/upgrade)
Level 5: 540 -> 440
Level 6: 580 -> 520

(+100 coins/upgrade)
Level 7: 620 -> 620
Level 8: 660 -> 720

(+120 coins/upgrade)
Level 9: 700 -> 840
Level 10: 740 -> 960

With the 4 hour collection delay the manor currently provides a maximum of 4440 coins per day vs. 5760 coins per day for the proposed scheme reflecting a modest upgrade but adding value to the building vs. the energy return on the wizard school.

goldensed
04-13-13, 01:04 PM
A building I really want to see is a bank. You can safely store the majority of your gems and coins there and just keep a few in your pocket for daily use needs. That way you can't lose as much when bandits enter the kindom and rob the citizens (gem traps could only get small amount instead of potential for a lot at once like with your castle). That way saving 300 gems is a real possibility.

goldensed
04-13-13, 01:12 PM
A game play suggestion I'd really appreciate is something like a grocery receipt tape, along with the inventory(will love it when the tabs actually sort). The tape would show just the items you just received in maybe the last three transactions separated. That way you can KNOW how many of each item you just received. The popping/fading words often leave me wondering what I got, especially how many.

arikasi
04-13-13, 04:32 PM
Without to forum, I was ready to give up on this game. So a big thank you guys. It's actually one of the better games out there!
BUT, my biggest problem is the slow energy regeneration and low cap. I like to sit and play a game for half an hour. As it stands energy doesn't regenerate fast enough for this game to be a sit and play one. I will spend to buy buildings, decorations and speed things up but I will not spend just to play a game which is what the low energy of Castle Story makes me feel like it is forcing.

Otherwise, my top wish list:

Trading with neighbours
More mills/mines/stables etc
More ways to earn gems

queenofpolharcity
04-14-13, 07:54 PM
Here are a couple of suggestions I thought of:

1. How about periodic contests, like Favorite Kingdom Contest? Players can nominate their favorite kingdom from their list of neighboring kingdoms based on a predetermined list of criteria (number of buildings, creative arrangement of buildings, plants, etc., how many added extra features we have....just as examples of criteria...) and then everyone can vote on their favorites. Winners can win gems, giving us another way to earn gems, and give incentives to add buildings and update our spaces.

2. Let us have a working Storage facility where our Crafted Items go, such as Fancy Blocks, Dyes, Gifted items and even Crops go, and we can then choose where these items should be allocated instead of just having them sent hap-hazardly thru the kingdom. (I've spent days building a structure or trying to upgrade one, only to have the Blocks and Beams disappear and go toward something else!)

3. Please let us be able to turn the Glimmer Bulbs into Glimmer Dust! We need to have the dust, and we grow the bulbs, it is just logical that dust comes from the bulbs! I thought it would happen that way, but it hasn't yet. Someone had the idea of using the Potion Shop -- that is a great idea!

4. I agree with the Spinning Wheel! Wonderful idea! And the Dragon, super!

goldensed
04-14-13, 09:33 PM
I just thought of another quest line idea: fisherman or woman, weaving nets, needing a small dock and boat built, seafood to be caught...and cooked... :-)

WylieCoyote869
04-14-13, 09:56 PM
A small jousting arena. What's a kingdom, without a joust? This could be the starting point for a character leading up to becoming king.

goldensed
04-15-13, 09:10 AM
Maybe we could have a weaver shop. They could take our wool. If we grew cotton they could make cotton cloth also. Weave the sails for boats. Spin the thread for thread, yarn, and rope. Weave royal robes! They could use all that purple dye the cow gives out. (I think I like brainstorming ideas! ;-)

clarabesked
04-15-13, 10:20 AM
Please, please, please could we have some tables that goes with the wooden benches! The outdoor guests at the tavern are dropping thier food pn the ground and in thier laps!

blurbie
04-15-13, 10:47 PM
I would like my upgraded buildings to have something visual. They were a lot of work to upgrade.

Could we earn gems to play more TL games?

marcogee
04-16-13, 05:23 AM
We need to be able to place items on roads. Roads look nice but take up a spot to place your items. Also like to put multiple plants in one square.

goldensed
04-17-13, 09:24 AM
I keep thinking my ruler should be wearing a pedometer since she must log the recommended 10,000 steps a day. But since that doesn't fit the theme of a kingdom I think she needs a new pair of shoes instead. I'd like to see a cobbler shop. It could use up some hide and all the beautiful colorful dye we have that needs a job. :-)

turtle805
04-17-13, 09:36 AM

Besides my purple cow occasionally spits out a gem.

mamareader02
04-17-13, 11:15 AM
How about having the manor(a gem building)actually DO something!maybe an hour adventure or something,because with it just being a coin building I feel like I wasted my gems on a decent lookin space hog!

pinkypoooo
04-17-13, 11:07 PM
Obviously energy capacity higher and inventory storage capacity higher. As for a decorations I would love to see water! Tiles of water that you could move around and place. I would also love to see decorations that take up 1/4 of a tile to allow for more detailed editing. And perhaps Ivy's sister could move into the kingdom?

Decorations: water, clover patch, mushroom village, sandcastle, horse, butterflies...

blurbie
04-17-13, 11:22 PM
I hope that we can have villagers, and then we can have a May pole. But I only want a May pole with villagers, because 4 people could never do a May pole. That would just be silly! A May pole with only 4 ribbons would be gloomy instead of festive.

Em_storm
04-18-13, 10:28 AM

Trying to think of some more decorations now that I've gotten the random campfire from a quest and saw that there are a few more random decorations to be found!
An archery target. A practice dummy. A road sign, the old wooden kind that has the arrows pointing towards various destinations. An old wooden wagon with two or four wheels, perhaps with some miscellaneous produce or boxes.
How about bridges, either wooden or stone? Made so that they integrate well with the roads.

what about a spinning wheel. It could spin wool into yarn or even straw(from wheat) into gold like the rumpelstiltskin fable. Possibly an opening for a quest line.

Loving all these ideas.

MonkeyMomma76
04-19-13, 01:24 AM
I really hope we can get honey from the bee hive. I have also been thinking about churning butter from the milk or making cheese. We could make honey butter, jam from srawberries and sugar, and maybe marmalade from oranges. I would love to be able to make cornbread. Corn, flour, eggs and milk. Then craft a Breakfast Feast with strawberries, cornbread, and honey butter. Mmmmmm...I'm getting hungry :-))

Radical76
04-19-13, 07:01 AM
TeamLava, are you polling to improve the user experience or for ways to charge through the roof? You're pricing model is starting to cross a line and people are talking.

lotuskat
04-19-13, 08:14 AM
I really hope we can get honey from the bee hive. I have also been thinking about churning butter from the milk or making cheese. We could make honey butter, jam from srawberries and sugar, and maybe marmalade from oranges. I would love to be able to make cornbread. Corn, flour, eggs and milk. Then craft a Breakfast Feast with strawberries, cornbread, and honey butter. Mmmmmm...I'm getting hungry :-))

Ooo, I like this idea!

jdelvalle1
04-19-13, 10:45 AM
Hmmm lots of great ideas and I agree that the barrow mound is a terrible idea. Overall, both the energy cap & gem trap ****er (dialog box) idea has been thrown around not only in this game, but in many others as well for what feels like an eternity, the feature is painful for a reason & I don't think they'll change it (ever) :'(. As for new villagers, it takes up a lot of work into creating a new character, so I would be happy with at least just one with a cool quest/goal line, like the pirate someone mentioned (or Old Thomas could get married & she could move in his house). My problem w/ the hops is that the Tavern is already out so unless they plan to add new upgrades to it, I don't see what they could be used for except for the royal exchange. The idea to use different characters to perform different tasks make sense, I mean why is the ruler harvesting? But I wonder how much trouble coding wise that would create & I wonder how likely it would be for them to change that...hmmmm

maguar
04-19-13, 07:42 PM
Thanks so much for the great suggestions. I've added some of them to the new poll (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?50224-Castle-Story-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-4-18-13). Vote for your favourites and suggest what we're missing.