PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Android parity discussion [Part 3]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

[S8] Elsa
04-04-13, 11:09 AM
Thank you to everyone who has been providing feedback so far. We appreciate it! This thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43532-Update-for-android) and this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?45351-Feedback-Android-parity-discussion-(continued)) has reached quite a few pages. Let's start a fresh thread and continue the conversation.

Recap from the previous thread:

Developing for Android is more difficult due to the multiple operating systems and variety of devices. We're working to resolve the parity, but it takes more time due to the development process. We want to make sure we introduce features that include as many devices as possible.
We currently aren't able to provide a deadline to ensure that we don't present expectations that may not fall on a specific date/time. We rarely announce big feature updates or games prior to release, with the exception of our weekly teasers/content blogs.
The Android platform is supported. Any rumors stating otherwise are false information.
Players have said they would like to see more transparent updates or blogs about Android progress/updates.
Players have said they would like to be caught up before new features are implemented.
Players have said they would like simultaneous updates to all platforms.

Please be familiar with the forum rules & policies (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies) and keep the thread constructive. If you have a question or concern regarding a moderator action, please submit a thread in Forum Disputes (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes).

hamadrys
04-04-13, 11:47 AM
The bugs are my concerned at this moment. I have good days and bad days with the game and its issues. I do not understand why one day I can see all my dragons and stuff, navigate easily and visit neighbors without too much lagging and the day after, it's hell. Half my habitats are invisible, or the dragons, or the decorations, the egg in the nest. Dragons are invisible on neighbor's islands, it forces close often, etc.
What can go bad from one day to the other ?
Of course I have done the usual : closing and reopening. Deleting and re-installing.
I play Easter version. The newest version is even worse.

emergRN
04-04-13, 12:42 PM
wow...a third thread...diamond dragon discussion didn't even make it past two. woohoo for androids! lol
all kidding aside, i appreciate the work that is being done...whether or not we see it..yet.

eloami2
04-04-13, 01:40 PM
The bugs are my concerned at this moment. I have good days and bad days with the game and its issues. I do not understand why one day I can see all my dragons and stuff, navigate easily and visit neighbors without too much lagging and the day after, it's hell. Half my habitats are invisible, or the dragons, or the decorations, the egg in the nest. Dragons are invisible on neighbor's islands, it forces close often, etc.
Of course I have done the usual : closing and reopening. Deleting and re-installing.

Hello neighbor just happens to me, there are days that it is impossible to play.

UnoRaven
04-04-13, 01:58 PM
A new thread and yet none of the issues have been fixed from the first one.

lollipop_rp
04-04-13, 02:35 PM

hi, im not an android.
i just wanted to share my opinion by saying the games given android a hard time but i hope you get the new updates.

Suave_Spencer
04-04-13, 03:01 PM
The first post is just a copy/paste of the first post from the previous thread. This means almost none of the issues we have are being addressed. Add this to the fact that the game is no longer giving me a sense of accomplishment, unlike a certain similar game, and I'm pretty much done with it. Also, stop giving us the "coding for Android is difficult" excuse. Other companies manage it efficiently, there's no reason you can't.

sweetstuff525
04-04-13, 03:17 PM
The thing that I think its taking forever is because tl is trying to bring out all the features out at the same time

Maybe tl should release one feature at a time
But atleast at the moment now when they release a new color they release it to all platforms

MomsHouseofSweets
04-04-13, 03:29 PM
hi, im not an android.
i just wanted to share my opinion by saying the games given android a hard time but i hope you get the new updates.

Thank you, lollipop, your comment is appreciated.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-04-13, 03:30 PM
The first post is just a copy/paste of the first post from the previous thread. This means almost none of the issues we have are being addressed. Add this to the fact that the game is no longer giving me a sense of accomplishment, unlike a certain similar game, and I'm pretty much done with it. Also, stop giving us the "coding for Android is difficult" excuse. Other companies manage it efficiently, there's no reason you can't.

Amen, Suave_Spencer, amen!!!!

salinho
04-04-13, 03:44 PM

Same on my android phone. I do try visiting now and then, but anyone with more than five habitats is usually a no-go. XD

salinho
04-04-13, 03:51 PM
Also, what is seen in this image happens way too often!! :/ and just the other day, the lateral fountain of water (on the left side of the upper island, or whatever) was flowing downside-up. Er, upside-down. Basically, the water was flowing in the opposite direction for which gravity would usually be forcing it towards.
Magical water! Lol.

kwhales
04-04-13, 04:02 PM
Also, what is seen in this image happens way too often!! :/ and just the other day, the lateral fountain of water (on the left side of the upper island, or whatever) was flowing downside-up. Er, upside-down. Basically, the water was flowing in the opposite direction for which gravity would usually be forcing it towards.
Magical water! Lol.

Ooh a flood.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-04-13, 04:33 PM
ooh a flood.

lol!!!!

tonguelashing
04-04-13, 05:35 PM
I have probably been the hardest on TeamLava over all the Android players but part that is we shouldn't be relegated to one area of the forum where we can be swept under the carpet and ignored (that's how we feel...even if that's not how it is in reality). That's partially because I've been a developer, I know what it's like to write code for different platforms, I know what it's like to try and port code from one language to another, and I know how to work in a proper multi-platform development workflow. From where I stand, TL hasn't done things properly.

Someone stated they think TL may be trying to update everything at once...that may or may not be true. From a progress perspective that approach is the wrong one. There should be incremental feature updates to bring things into parity. There are a couple reasons for this:

1) Shows development progress to your userbase
2) Allows for better bug fix/testing with smaller code changes...too much of a code change can introduce a lot of different bugs at one time.

There are other reasons but I can't think of them right now.

For the record, most of us get it, that Android development will lag a bit as features are released for iOS. The ideal is to release the same features at the same time, but can't always happen and we understand that. But it should be at the very least Feature A for iOS...Feature A for Android/Kindle, Then Feature B for iOS...Feature B for Android/Kindle...etc. Not Feature A,B,C,D,E for iOS, Feature A for Android/Kindle, Feature F,G,H,I,J,K for iOS..you get the idea.

I do have to give Kudos to TL for providing us the Pink Dragons and then black dragons at the same time as iOS. Credit where credit is due.

But it does seem TL is lacking some Android programmers...You need one, I'll pitch in...but I can't come to Cali, you'd have to have a remote employee (did that before as a tech writer, with the occasional trip to HQ in Austin,TX to meet with the engineers and other tech writers when I worked for Metrowerks...now Freescale Semiconductor).

Let's home we at least see some progress and soon...players are getting very discouraged over any kind of update. I realize you may not be able to commit to a specific timeline, but communication with your userbase is extremely important. You're loosing people. You're loosing Gold Purchasers!! We purchase more gold than iOS users do, because we HAVE to in order to get some things iOS users have..the Amethyst Dragon contest showed that. Don't loose out on our money TL...You want us...AND...we WANT you. We love the game.

emergRN
04-04-13, 05:51 PM
I have probably been the hardest on TeamLava over all the Android players but part that is we shouldn't be relegated to one area of the forum where we can be swept under the carpet and ignored (that's how we feel...even if that's not how it is in reality). That's partially because I've been a developer, I know what it's like to write code for different platforms, I know what it's like to try and port code from one language to another, and I know how to work in a proper multi-platform development workflow. From where I stand, TL hasn't done things properly.

Someone stated they think TL may be trying to update everything at once...that may or may not be true. From a progress perspective that approach is the wrong one. There should be incremental feature updates to bring things into parity. There are a couple reasons for this:

2) Allows for better bug fix/testing with smaller code changes...too much of a code change can introduce a lot of different bugs at one time.

For the record, most of us get it, that Android development will lag a bit as features are released for iOS. The ideal is to release the same features at the same time, but can't always happen and we understand that. But it should be at the very least Feature A for iOS...Feature A for Android/Kindle, Then Feature B for iOS...Feature B for Android/Kindle...etc. Not Feature A,B,C,D,E for iOS, Feature A for Android/Kindle, Feature F,G,H,I,J,K for iOS..you get the idea.

I do have to give Kudos to TL for providing us the Pink Dragons and then black dragons at the same time as iOS. Credit where credit is due.

But it does seem TL is lacking some Android programmers...You need one, I'll pitch in...but I can't come to Cali, you'd have to have a remote employee (did that before as a tech writer, with the occasional trip to HQ in Austin,TX to meet with the engineers and other tech writers when I worked for Metrowerks...now Freescale Semiconductor).

Let's home we at least see some progress and soon...players are getting very discouraged over any kind of update. I realize you may not be able to commit to a specific timeline, but communication with your userbase is extremely important. You're loosing people. You're loosing Gold Purchasers!! We purchase more gold than iOS users do, because we HAVE to in order to get some things iOS users have..the Amethyst Dragon contest showed that. Don't loose out on our money TL...You want us...AND...we WANT you. We love the game.

exactly! u read my mind...i just dont have the patience to write it all out on my tablet lol. we appreciate u tonguelashing :-)

hamadrys
04-04-13, 05:55 PM
Once again, tonguelashing, you worded everything perfectly and I am grateful we have someone who knows about programming as well as you do. Hopefully, this post will get read and things will start changing.

accisse
04-04-13, 05:58 PM

But...but...but you're not supposed to say that! Just another reason they would want to update us as slowly as possible!

Anyway, I think someone at TL who plays the games should transfer their games to an android device. I sure hope you guys have test devices... but don't just use them as test devices, get someone to play their games on it. Then you'll know how the android players actually feel. And not just that, maybe you'll end up catching more bugs and whatnot, or get an insight about how better to code things?

MomsHouseofSweets
04-04-13, 06:01 PM
I have probably been the hardest on TeamLava over all the Android players posts get but part that is we shouldn't be relegated to one area of the forum where we can be swept under the carpet and ignored (that's how we feel...even if that's not how it is in reality). That's partially because I've been a developer, I know what it's like to write code for different platforms, I know what it's like to try and port code from one language to another, and I know how to work in a proper multi-platform development workflow. From where I stand, TL hasn't done things properly.

True, true, true ... it's all true! Thank you!!!

Magikot
04-04-13, 07:14 PM
hi, im not an android.

Thank you for supporting our cause!

I need to vent if you don't mind. If you don't want to hear (well read) my whine feel free to ignore me, I won't take it personal! :cool: I'm sorry but my stupid bulging disc in my back hurts after months of being pain free and I'm not handling it to well. I admit it, I'm cranky! Ok anyway, to my vent....

I'm starting to think either my dragons are on strike or my breeding den is broken! :confused: Since the breeding changes took effect I have not been able to breed a single black hybrid and only one pink hybrid. I know why it's happening, it's just making the game frustrating rather than fun. I've had no luck getting a mythic either. After numerous unsuccessful tries breeding limiting possible outcomes by using the minimum colors for a dragon I am missing I have taken a break from that approach. I use one of the two diamond hybrids I have with another dragon (usually bat because I like to torture myself). One of these times I'll get something good.

I usually don't have a problem with multiple failures trying to get a rare or super rare, but this is just beyond ridiculous. I've played many types of games for years, I'm used to trying for ages to get a particular rare thing. Usually if I get frustrated I move on for a bit and try again later. This time there really isn't anything to do while taking a break from the newer dragons. The only dragons I haven't bred are in the diamond family (I've only had my diamond since December). I suspect the dragons being harder to get is to keep players from getting all the dragons so quickly. Which would be the closest thing a player could be to "beating the game" and moving on. Just a thought....

Of course there is the usual android player whine... Adding further insult to the mass amount of failures lately is selling them for 100 coins. I'm level 94 so even the exp we get hatching a dragon to a habitat doesn't matter. I find myself logging in less and less during the day. I haven't quit yet, but what's the point of playing? I've just been stocking up to coins and food. If I wanted to farm I'd play a farming game.

I could go on but I won't! No sense saying the same things we all complain about. I've read about other people having problems like this with other dragons. I suspect it's my turn to feel the pain. Hehe

loki_freedom
04-04-13, 08:49 PM
TL should really give us the storage function already!!!
its the most basic of every games and i cant understand why is it so hard to create it in this game?!?!?
i wanna store some item rather than sell to have space to build more habitat and now i cant even do it!!!

ladysilvereyes
04-04-13, 09:16 PM
As always, tonguelashing hits the nail on the head.

I too mentioned in the previous thread I suspect we buy more gold, as the iOS users have more gameplay functions to occupy themselves with.

At the very least though, I want the trading portal to get rid of my duplicate dragons. I try to keep the rares and super rares hoping for this, because it really isn't fair to get nothing extra and just sell them for 100 coins when we worked so hard to breed and hatch them.

But...

With this feature not in sight, I've run out of space for no dragons, so everytime I get a new one I have to decide what rare is only woth 100 coins to me. It's sad.

At the very least Android users should get a higher coin amount (or gold?) In the meantime to make up for this, the most unfair of all the diparities, since iOS users get something extra for their dragons, why can't we at least get 5-10 (depending on rare or super rare, etc) gold or something?

Hardly enough to break the bank, but enough to show us you care and value the dragons more fairly.

waimanalokat
04-04-13, 11:00 PM
The thing that I think its taking forever is because tl is trying to bring out all the features out at the same time

But atleast at the moment now when they release a new color they release it to all platforms

I wish this were true but it isn't. Kindle still doesn't have Pink or Passion and didnt get Mythic.

Loxieland
04-05-13, 03:20 AM
I wish this were true but it isn't. Kindle still doesn't have Pink or Passion and didnt get Mythic.

It is like being the poor kid who can only look through the toy store window, but not allowed to go into the store. No use clicking on the threads of the new dragons since you can't participate in the fun. You only get reminded that you are allowed to watch but can't play.

laurensaville1331
04-05-13, 03:33 AM
Hi I'm relatively new to ds (1 week in) and was becoming quite addicted and wanted to start spending real money for more gold.however came onto this forum to find out about the portal and book house only to find out its not available to me being on android.reading all these comments I just wanted t put my two cents in and say that I haven't and won't now be buying gold or gems or anything else with any of tl's games till we android users start seeing some benefits like the iOS users.shame tl is missing out on players spending money because of this parity.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-05-13, 06:41 AM
Hi I'm relatively new to ds (1 week in) and was becoming quite addicted and wanted to start spending real money for more gold.however came onto this forum to find out about the portal and book house only to find out its not available to me being on android.reading all these comments I just wanted t put my two cents in and say that I haven't and won't now be buying gold or gems or anything else with any of tl's games till we android users start seeing some benefits like the iOS users.shame tl is missing out on players spending money because of this parity.

Welcome and yes, it's frustrating ... very frustrating to wait as long as we have and are continually left further behind.

Chocolat13
04-05-13, 07:48 AM
Yes, a third thread! Here's something iOS users will never have!

sweetstuff525
04-05-13, 07:56 AM

wow sorry i didn't know that.....but i think ds is growing to rapidly right now maybe it will plunge soon
that's what happens to business that try to grow to fast then they just go down

not that i want it too plunge but

MomsHouseofSweets
04-05-13, 07:58 AM

Isn't that the truth!!! LOL

MomsHouseofSweets
04-05-13, 08:00 AM
wow sorry i didn't know that.....but i think ds is growing to rapidly right now maybe it will plunge soon
that's what happens to business that try to grow to fast then they just go down

not that i want it too plunge but

I don't want it to "plunge" either, but ... sometimes that's what it takes for a business to see what they were doing wrong.

lobius
04-05-13, 09:54 AM
It is like being the poor kid who can only look through the toy store window, but not allowed to go into the store. No use clicking on the threads of the new dragons since you can't participate in the fun. You only get reminded that you are allowed to watch but can't play.

yes never did like that feeling but i agree and sadly i dont think it will change :'(

yayacupcake
04-05-13, 10:25 AM
I was hoping to see something new when I saw this thread, and am sadly disappointed. 1100 + posts in last thread and we know just as much now as we did then. :(

MomsHouseofSweets
04-05-13, 10:39 AM
yes never did like that feeling but i agree and sadly i dont think it will change :'(

I don't think it will either. If something was going to change, we'd see at least SOME resemblance of it. The only "change" that I think will happen is we get further and further behind. Really sad that it's boiled down to money and I can't see that it hasn't.

annbluebird
04-05-13, 10:49 AM
This will probably be a silly idea but do you think that android players could come and vote? I have many Android neighbors, they wouldnt all come but most of them are asking me why/how/why/when... could be intresting to know how many users we are as well.

annbluebird
04-05-13, 10:56 AM
As always, tonguelashing hits the nail on the head.

I too mentioned in the previous thread I suspect we buy more gold, as the iOS users have more gameplay functions to occupy themselves with.

At the very least though, I want the trading portal to get rid of my duplicate dragons. I try to keep the rares and super rares hoping for this, because it really isn't fair to get nothing extra and just sell them for 100 coins when we worked so hard to breed and hatch them.

But...

With this feature not in sight, I've run out of space for no dragons, so everytime I get a new one I have to decide what rare is only woth 100 coins to me. It's sad.

At the very least Android users should get a higher coin amount (or gold?) In the meantime to make up for this, the most unfair of all the diparities, since iOS users get something extra for their dragons, why can't we at least get 5-10 (depending on rare or super rare, etc) gold or something?

Hardly enough to break the bank, but enough to show us you care and value the dragons more fairly.

Yes web only sell them for 100coins but we are getting some expe too, as much as if we put them in the habitat. (Im playing on DS regular-last update 02april2013)

hamadrys
04-05-13, 11:13 AM
I think this thread is just on here to appease us. Because really, besides getting the pink dragons, nothing has changed.

emergRN
04-05-13, 11:18 AM
ummmm pearl dragon...guessing another crafting dragon..just great

emergRN
04-05-13, 11:21 AM
grrrrrr.....

J85909266
04-05-13, 11:25 AM
I play many other breeding games just like Dragon Story on my Android device, and while new features usually take a few days to a week to come to Android after hitting iOS, which is expected, they still come, always before iOS gets anything new.

There is simply no excuse for the staggering amount of key game play features not available for Android, right now. None. Team Lava is being careless and just plain doing it wrong.

When are you guys going to get it together?

[S8] Elsa
04-05-13, 12:04 PM

I don't see a staff created feedback thread that's read and continued after the page limit has reached a point where new comers may not be able to keep up with the conversation as being "swept under the rug". Especially since this way posts are consolidated into a single thread for review rather than scattered across the forums where we may not be able to see all of them.

We'll be sure to continue passing on that incremental status updates are highly desired.

I've linked you to our Careers page before. All of our employees are in office and we do not have remote positions. If you have further questions, feel free to PM me rather than derail the topic. Further posts of this nature may be considered off topic. Some sage advice: assuming how a company works when you're not well versed in their internal process isn't the most suave way to get attention.

We sincerely appreciate our users and are happy that we've been able to deliver on new Dragon colors like the Pink and Black Dragons. We hope everyone is enjoying what we've been able to offer so far. Don't worry! We're still reading your feedback. :3

Magikot
04-05-13, 12:45 PM
Team Lava is being careless and just plain doing it wrong.

Don't believe that is going to happen in the near future. I won't pretend to know what happens behind the scenes but what we see as players isn't very encouraging.

Woo Hoo another craftable dragon is coming soon.. Only costs ios time to gather materials. Droid players.. No worries you can have it for an awesome deal! We'll sell you a free dragon for the low price of $50! Sigh, I love pearls too. One of my favorite gemstones. As I said in that thread, I'm really disappointed I can't get this one.

Even more disappointed they are releasing the third ios only dragon in a few weeks and guess what? No progress has been made toward catching android up to ios. At least not that we can see in game and we certainly aren't given an info. Yes I know I'm talking about features which has aren't the same as dragons. Which by that logic, why wasn't android offered the clockwork dragon? If it's breeding elements are red and yellow, which are pre-existing and working breeding elements, I don't understand why it was ios only? At least not from that view point. However, if tl had opted to give android the chance to breed the clockwork dragon then there would have been an ios lead uproar it was only on the spin wheel. Rightly so, that wouldn't be fair to ios players. Tl wouldn't have sold gold to those trying desperately to win the clockwork dragons. If that is why it wasn't offered to android, then why offer android the chance to buy craftable dragons. It feels like a double standard to me. The last time that was answered by tl is so android wouldn't feel left out, so we would have the chance to buy them. We are left out of so many other features what difference would the craftable dragons make? Easy.. Income for tl. Android can't make gemstone dragons but some are willing to buy them. If android could breed the clockwork dragon what incentive would ios players have to buy gold for more spin chances. See what I'm saying?

Remind me again why we bother to play this game? Breeding a black or pink hybrid is nearly impossible, no crafting /trading houses, no questing portals, no storage, no album and associated rewards, no spin wheel, no boosted breed, no nd coin boosts. I almost forgot the treasure caves that give gold. I think that about covers it, did I miss anything? Without some sort of showing of progress from tl soon I doubt I'll be playing ds much longer. My kids enjoy it so until they get bored with it I'll likely log in to send them gold. I'm not angry just really disappointed in what this game has become for non-ios players. I'm done now, I can't help but feel like I'm wasting my time. I appreciate that our feedback is past on to tl. However, what good does the feedback do if nothing changes?

Boogie083
04-05-13, 01:03 PM
I play many other breeding games just like Dragon Story on my Android device, and while new features usually take a few days to a week to come to Android after hitting iOS, which is expected, they still come, always before iOS gets anything new.

There is simply no excuse for the staggering amount of key game play features not available for Android, right now. None. Team Lava is being careless and just plain doing it wrong.

I will try to be as polite as *I* can be (for a straightforward man)...
maybe they will get it together when Android/Kindle players uninstall their apps and rate their games based on parity (not fun).

I installed and uninstalled the Dragon, Bakery, Restaurant, Farm Stories, Slots: Vegas and Racing Live (Storm8) on two devices within 24-48 hours.
I only play Farm Story on Android because I don't have Facebook where my family and friends play social games.

My question to all of you who have been waiting (since 2012?) to "catch up" is why are you so dedicated/loyal?
Because you purchased gold, so your dragons/islands can't be abandoned? you love your dragons and are attached to them?

annbluebird
04-05-13, 01:27 PM
maybe they will get it together when Android/Kindle players uninstall their apps and rate their games based on parity (not fun).

I installed and uninstalled the Dragon, Bakery, Restaurant, Farm Stories, Slots: Vegas and Racing Live (Storm8) on two devices within 24-48 hours.
I only play Farm Story on Android because I don't have Facebook where my family and friends play social games.

My question to all of you who have been waiting (since 2012?) to "catch up" is why are you so dedicated/loyal?
Because you purchased gold, so your dragons/islands can't be abandoned? you love your dragons and are attached to them?

I love this game, for me it is the best TL game. It is simply fine and I wouldnt like to stop playing. It is the most interessant one I played til now. You can stay far during two days and still find the crops and eggs ready. Plus there is a lot of various animals. But we would enjoy it a lot more if we could play like our buddies. Well I actually feel less loneless because of all those new dragons, this allowed us to share a bit more with our iOS neighbors but fun has not the same taste at the end. We are still missing something and feel empty. We (I hope that you all agree) wouldnt fight so hard if we were not dragon's addict. Gold.. well of course I bought some gold from time to time but, in my case, this wouldnt keep me on if I really wanted to stop playing DS.

DragonTan1
04-05-13, 01:43 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49378-Battle-arena Looks like iOS has a new feature...

xvanillex
04-05-13, 02:35 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49378-Battle-arena Looks like iOS has a new feature...

Are you freaking kidding me?! I'm about to start flipping tables. ALL CAPS RAGE!!

hamadrys
04-05-13, 04:08 PM
If we don't get the hint, we never will. 3 threads about Android parity. If our demands haven't been heard by now, they never will.
But instead of working on bringing Android closer to IOS level regarding updates, the gulf continues to expand as TL continues to solely focus on bringing new features to their beloved IOS players.
I will not let this make me a bitter person. I will enjoy my game as it is, and that's all. I have given up all hopes to receive the same treatment as IOS players. We will always be second hand players and we will always be good enough to get the crumbs TL agrees to toss us.

tonguelashing
04-05-13, 04:11 PM
wonderful. when will it end? When will we have parity?

MomsHouseofSweets
04-05-13, 05:18 PM
wonderful. when will it end? When will we have parity?

We won't and that's been obvious for a long time now. Today, the Blessed Ones received 2 more exclusive items. Android received zilch. Oh, TL gives us items WE have to buy with gold. When are Androids going to wake up and smell the coffee?? If what we get is most times only able to be purchased with a hefty amount of gold ... what does that tell us?? No improvements, no changes, no catching up (not even close), but only becoming further and further behind ... this is telling Android something and it's really time we listen.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-05-13, 05:21 PM

And a new dragon.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-05-13, 05:28 PM

That's a good question and a fair one. Why are so many of us still here ... well, I guess for the most part, we are still hanging on, trying to believe what we where told, but it's a matter of hanging by a very fine thread now, for me and that thread has been stretched about as far as it can be. It will snap and when it does, I'll say by goodbyes and be finished. Seems we Androids really want to believe and have certainly shown/proven that we're loyal, but it's feeling more and more like we're being taken strung along. Throw the Droids a crumb and maybe they'll hush and it will keep them busy for a while and take their minds off being passed over and treated like we're not wanted except for gold. TL tosses IOS 2 more exclusives and what do Androids get????

MomsHouseofSweets
04-05-13, 05:40 PM
Seems, from reading the thread on the Battle Arena ... it may have been an "accident" ... an "oops" and wasn't supposed to have been released. If this this were a real stand-alone business, the person(s) who are probably always responsible for these "accidents", would be looking for employment elsewhere. Where I work (a major national chain) ... we'd be gone if this sort of thing happened so often.

ladysilvereyes
04-05-13, 11:04 PM

ROFL

Now *that* as funny...

waimanalokat
04-05-13, 11:56 PM
Just curious. How would people feel if the android game was completely separated from the IOS game? I have loads of neighbors I wouldn't want to lose now but what if id never seen them? Should we face the reality that there are 2 totally different games with some social overlap? Should team lava remove that overlap?

kurebiz
04-06-13, 01:02 AM
I think the game might become too boring. Might not solve the parity issue, coming to the forums, you'll still know what you're missing out on.

hamadrys
04-06-13, 05:20 AM
Yeah, he can't use any of it :(

MomsHouseofSweets
04-06-13, 06:03 AM
Yeah, he can't use any of it :(

But neither can IOS at the present time, right?? At least he has it.

Magikot
04-06-13, 06:53 AM
From what I understand the quest house appeared in error after his gem cluster was placed. There was another android player it happened to but I don't remember their name. A community manager posted and confirmed that while it was on his island it was not functional. It was also not an indication of an upcoming update. Give me a few minutes I'll try to find the quote about it.

The ios players with the quest house are using it, at last I looked it was still functional. I do admit to not reading the quest beta test thread in over a week, so I could be wrong. I don't see the point of torturing myself by keeping up on a feature we won't see in the near (likely distant) future. I haven't checked the battle arena thread yet this morning, last I heard the arena has disappeared from the islands it was on except tonguelashing. I checked before I submitted this comment, the arena is still there.

Daveddus
04-06-13, 07:28 AM
im curious as to how bakery story is on par for android and iOS but not dragon story. There might be other examples but I don't play any others.

yuannek29
04-06-13, 07:28 AM
I for one am sticking around only until I finish expanding so I can finish my dragon zoo. It's the OCD in me. If I'm done with that and we still haven't gotten more features to make things more interesting, I'm done. Oh, and as I've mentioned before, if the increased feeding costs make it to Android before trading and crafting, I'm done even if I haven't finished my zoo.

nylear13
04-06-13, 07:38 AM
I for one am sticking around only until I finish expanding so I can finish my dragon zoo. It's the OCD in me. If I'm done with that and we still haven't gotten more features to make things more interesting, I'm done. Oh, and as I've mentioned before, if the increased feeding costs make it to Android before trading and crafting, I'm done even if I haven't finished my zoo.

hasn't the increased feeding costs already in android? it was already increased in the valentine's version. I wasn't very pleased when I saw it since I always thought the increased costs was to balance out the increased earnings from boosts, but then we androids got just the higher costs without boosts:mad:

but since I've accumulated a mountain of food (mostly because there wasn't much else to do before the valentine's and pinks were released) it didn't bother me too much

yuannek29
04-06-13, 07:49 AM
hasn't the increased feeding costs already in android? it was already increased in the valentine's version. I wasn't very pleased when I saw it since I always thought the increased costs was to balance out the increased earnings from boosts, but then we androids got just the higher costs without boosts:mad:

but since I've accumulated a mountain of food (mostly because there wasn't much else to do before the valentine's and pinks were released) it didn't bother me too much

This was mentioned in the 2nd parity thread, but the increased food costs only seems to be on the client side and not on the server side. If you refresh the client after feeding by restarting your game, you should see your food magically reappear.

yuannek29
04-06-13, 07:50 AM
This was mentioned in the 2nd parity thread, but the increased food costs only seems to be on the client side and not on the server side. If you refresh the client after feeding by restarting your game, you should see your food magically reappear.

I actually find this a bit annoying, though. I've had to restart the game just to finish feeding dragons because the client thinks I've run out of food. I guess I haven't stockpiled as much food as some of you have.

kurebiz
04-06-13, 07:55 AM

ND has the low food costs. I've disabled auto updates so I'll always have access to it.

But neither can IOS at the present time, right?? At least he has it.

The quest house is functional for those who has it.

-

I'm nearly done evolving all my duplicates rare/super rare dragons. Left with 4 habitats before I'm maxed. If this persists, pretty sure I won't be able to sit around for much longer.

yuannek29
04-06-13, 08:05 AM
ND has the low food costs. I've disabled auto updates so I'll always have access to it.
I'm nearly done evolving all my duplicates rare/super rare dragons. Left with 4 habitats before I'm maxed. If this persists, pretty sure I won't be able to sit around for much longer.

Before the very recent increase in the max to 43, I had been maxed out with habitats for a long time. Kept having to sell better and better duplicates. Now I'll have a brief reprieve as I add 2 new habitats.

tonguelashing
04-06-13, 08:20 AM
kind of pointless to have it but not be able to do anything about it. I'm sure tonguelashing would rather have trading/crafting instead of those :(

yep! ... And boosts :D

tonguelashing
04-06-13, 08:22 AM
From what I understand the quest house appeared in error after his gem cluster was placed. There was another android player it happened to but I don't remember their name. A community manager posted and confirmed that while it was on his island it was not functional. It was also not an indication of an upcoming update. Give me a few minutes I'll try to find the quote about it.

The ios players with the quest house are using it, at last I looked it was still functional. I do admit to not reading the quest beta test thread in over a week, so I could be wrong. I don't see the point of torturing myself by keeping up on a feature we won't see in the near (likely distant) future. I haven't checked the battle arena thread yet this morning, last I heard the arena has disappeared from the islands it was on except tonguelashing. I checked before I submitted this comment, the arena is still there.

Correct. I noticed that people said it disappeared from their islands last night...but I still have it even this morning... *shrug*

bryanjdbalot
04-06-13, 08:28 AM
Amen, Suave_Spencer, amen!!!!

true story bro..

bryanjdbalot
04-06-13, 08:30 AM

im on android and totally agree with him .3rd thread NO change at all

moosehay
04-06-13, 08:52 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to play a dragon breeding game that you can navigate easily in, has multiple ways to acquire gems, plenty of goals to complete, boosts for habitats, shrines to increase max dragon levels, multiple islands, multiple ways to get extra coins, food and xp, doesn't crash, has many unique dragons including a whole set of 12 monthly gem dragons, etc... that would cause me to do a backflip, if you know what I mean.

Honestly, I don't think tl cares much about parity among platforms and dragon story for Android will never be more than a second-class, knock-off game.

waimanalokat
04-06-13, 08:54 AM
im curious as to how bakery story is on par for android and iOS but not dragon story. There might be other examples but I don't play any others.

I play fashion, restaurant, pet shop, bakery, and dragon. Every now and then one will get a holiday version that kindle doesn't ; sometimes kindle gets a holiday version IOS doesn't. As far as I can tell everything is pretty close to even. I don't notice items I cant buy and we seem to get the same goals. Ive seen a few complaints on forums about special items but nothing glaring. None of those games are getting anything like the updates and special features DS has been getting but then PSS and FSS are dogs.

ladysilvereyes
04-06-13, 09:09 AM
I would still like an answer to my earlier point/suggestion to give Android players a little bit of gold when selling rare/super rare dragons in order to at least attempt to make it a bit more fair.

It's not exactly like it would be unfair, or even entirely without precedent to earn extra gold, since iOS users can get extra gold we can't from the cave and (I think) also the wheel. Plus they get rewards for trading their dragons, and the ability to craft things that are only available to us for gold.

Why would it be so bad, in the meantime until "whenever" the other features are released to us (lol, I know, I know... but still) that we could at least get rid of some of the duplicates we're all holding onto in the hopes of trading, and earn gold towards things we have to purchase that others don't?

hamadrys
04-06-13, 09:15 AM
As far as I can tell everything is pretty close to even .

Are you talking about Kindle ?

hamadrys
04-06-13, 09:20 AM
Talking about Dragon Story here. Believe me, there is nothing Kindle gets that IOS doesn't have. I mean, Kindle is at the bottom of the pit regarding updates. Kindle is far behind Android now, the version hasn't been updated since it came out ! I have never seen anything else than the original version in the Amazon app store. Kindle didn't get the major Android update that gave the Pink dragons. No RH/LH/Passion dragons. And other seasonals are missing also.
Kindle version is glitchy, buggy and far behind.

waimanalokat
04-06-13, 02:25 PM
Are you talking about Kindle ?

Sorry if I was unclear. Kindle for DS almost as far behind android as android is behind IOS. On all the other story games i play the 3 platforms are very close. Why is there such a difference in DS?
As far as bugs go I have few. Sometimes my dragons are invisable but I can still feed and breed them. I forceclose maybe once a week. I have one neighbor that I have to play very slowly but the rest are fine. Most of my neighbors are 90 levels. I had assumed kindle was pretty bug -free.

Boogie083
04-06-13, 04:48 PM
I love this game, for me it is the best TL game. It is simply fine and I wouldnt like to stop playing. It is the most interessant one I played til now. You can stay far during two days and still find the crops and eggs ready. Plus there is a lot of various animals. But we would enjoy it a lot more if we could play like our buddies. Well I actually feel less loneless because of all those new dragons, this allowed us to share a bit more with our iOS neighbors but fun has not the same taste at the end. We are still missing something and feel empty. We (I hope that you all agree) wouldnt fight so hard if we were not dragon's addict. Gold.. well of course I bought some gold from time to time but, in my case, this wouldnt keep me on if I really wanted to stop playing DS.

...but why do you want/need to have the same versions/features as iOS players in order to enjoy the game without complaining?

These games are free to play, so in my opinion, parity is moot.

Boogie083
04-06-13, 05:15 PM
That's a good question and a fair one. Why are so many of us still here ... well, I guess for the most part, we are still hanging on, trying to believe what we where told, but it's a matter of hanging by a very fine thread now, for me and that thread has been stretched about as far as it can be. It will snap and when it does, I'll say by goodbyes and be finished. Seems we Androids really want to believe and have certainly shown/proven that we're loyal, but it's feeling more and more like we're being taken strung along. Throw the Droids a crumb and maybe they'll hush and it will keep them busy for a while and take their minds off being passed over and treated like we're not wanted except for gold. TL tosses IOS 2 more exclusives and what do Androids get????

...but do any of you consider how much easier developing an app for a few iOS devices is compared to the plethora of devices with Android 2.1+?

4-5 supported iDevices compared to 100s of Android devices.

I guess TL could release a version for the best Android device(s) (Nexus?) which is exactly like the latest iOS version to appease players with Jelly Bean.

Boogie083
04-06-13, 05:23 PM
reply didn't go through?

I said: "oops... third generation iDevices are supported... so that's about 15 iOS devices?

kurebiz
04-06-13, 05:28 PM
...but why do you want/need to have the same versions/features as iOS players in order to enjoy the game without complaining?

Why does TL says that android has not been forgotten when clearly, we have been?

You do know you don't have to enter this thread to look at our complaints now, don't you?

Boosts have been released to iOS a long time ago. TL keeps on releasing new features for iOS without bringing us to speed, and we have to hear how we've not been forgotten.

StarCrossOne
04-06-13, 06:35 PM
Ok so we are on thread level 3 now for this subject and it appears I was correct, Android has a much bigger following than iOS. It would seem logical that TL would be pushing development for the android devices just to be able to keep up with a market that meets or exceeds iOS development. Logic would also tell you that since the beginning of the year android device sales have beat out iOS in most markets and that would equal out to a much larger market share for game developers on android. But maybe TL is unable to keep up with the demand of android users since it is slowly becoming mundane to develop for iOS.TL may need to switch their gene pool from iOS to Android developers; thereby alleviating any lack of parity between the two systems which would satisfy this discussion.

Just a thought from the peanut gallery... :P

MomsHouseofSweets
04-06-13, 08:08 PM

Obviously, you're not Android.

hamadrys
04-07-13, 04:51 AM

We want the same features to be able to enjoy the game just like IOS players are enjoying it. What do you think we feel when we see that TL is releasing beautiful gem dragons that we cannot have because we are unable to craft them ? For people who put time and effort in this game, it is a big deal, yes. Why would one group have some features, and the other group doesn't ?
Why would we possibly want parity ? To better understand, maybe you should trade your IOS device for an Android one and play on it for a few months. See the new pearl dragon release and be unable to get it. Try visiting neighbors and crash the game constantly. Have a look at the forum and realize you won't be able to get the Arena... Let's see how that would make you feel and if you would want parity then. Wanna bet ???

MomsHouseofSweets
04-07-13, 06:06 AM
We want the same features to be able to enjoy the game just like IOS players are enjoying it. What do you think we feel when we see that TL is releasing beautiful gem dragons that we cannot have because we are unable to craft them ? For people who put time and effort in this game, it is a big deal, yes. Why would one group have some features, and the other group doesn't ?
Why would we possibly want parity ? To better understand, maybe you should trade your IOS device for an Android one and play on it for a few months. See the new pearl dragon release and be unable to get it. Try visiting neighbors and crash the game constantly. Have a look at the forum and realize you won't be able to get the Arena... Let's see how that would make you feel and if you would want parity then. Wanna bet ???

Yes, try playing on Android, backed up about 6 to 8 months as a starting point and THEN play. Think your attitude would change drastically when you no longer have what you have now and can't get it.

nylear13
04-07-13, 06:38 AM

the game itself might be free to play, but there are android players who spend real money buying gold and that makes them paying customers. I think that gives them the right to complain a little. (I'm excluding myself because I'm not a gold buyer, but I am android)

anw ur reasoning of parity being moot because its a free game is ridiculous, TL is a business, they create games that encourages people to spend real money, thats the ultimate aim, they should treat all players as potential customers. if they want to call themselves supported by android they should just do things properly.

hamadrys
04-07-13, 08:07 AM
And I guess it is free for IOS too. It's not like they're paying for their extra features.

waimanalokat
04-07-13, 08:27 AM
How do the other games stack up? It appears that Dragon Story is the only game with significant differences between android and ios. There must be a reason. Are we a test market? Every difference between games I asume is a market test. DS is also the only game I see with huge changes. Is it a real cash cow or is it a dog they're trying to increase the revenue from?

Magikot
04-07-13, 08:45 AM

Personally I don't love a virtual pixel rendering of anything. I have a full and happy life, I don't need to have dragons to fill a gaping hole of loneliness. I have purchased gold in the past and can abandon at any point. Nothing wrong with being straight forward but the condensing undertone was unnecessary and not very polite. Yes may have received less defensive answers had you simply worded your post a little different.

This isn't a matter of can't walk away because I'm addicted to it. I enjoy the game, plain and simple (well used to but that's different matter all together). I think you answered your own question in your first post when you asked us why we continue to be loyal. You uninstalled the game in 24-48. Which tells me the game simply wasn't enjoyable for you. Quite a few of us have been playing for a year or more (some less). I also wouldn't label us (rest of if the usual posters in this thread) as loyal, I think our attitude in general would be much different. We have been told by tl that android is a supported platform, so we are simply pushing for the parity we have been told was being worked on again and again. We like the game and have invested a lot of time (some players money too), we don't want to just walk away from it.

...but do any of you consider how much easier developing an app for a few iOS devices is compared to the plethora of devices with Android 2.1+?

4-5 supported iDevices compared to 100s of Android devices.

I guess TL could release a version for the best Android device(s) (Nexus?) which is exactly like the latest iOS version to appease players with Jelly Bean.

I can't help but wonder how much you looked into the parity situation prior to posting the comment above about the differences in programming for ios and Android. If you had really looked into the conversations that have occurred between mods / community managers and Android players you may have read that TL says android is fully supported and they are a top developer for the Google play store. We (Android players) have not and are not asking for anything tl said they couldn't or wouldn't do. TL said it was difficult to port features from ios to android, not that it was impossible. As a group we have said we understood the delay, until the delay continued to grow with no signs of any progress. We aren't lurking around the boards of an ios only game demanding tl make the game available for android devices. That would be moot, trying to push tl along to make good on what we have been told is not moot.

If you really feel this way, why even bother to post in the parity thread? Why take time out of your day to post multiple times about a situation you feel is pointless for a game you don't even play?

luv2wander
04-07-13, 08:47 AM
I don't know if it a cash cow or dog but it is the only tl games I really enjoy. I only play the others on ocassion to get the free gold in dragon story.

Chocolat13
04-07-13, 12:30 PM
Glad to see that iOS will have new stuff to play with while we're still waiting for a word, a date, a delay, an hope from someone at Team Lava. One day maybe.

runner18
04-07-13, 12:35 PM
Exactly! Way to many bugs to make this a favorite.

magzlitex777
04-07-13, 01:05 PM
I would like to know when kindle users will get the pink dragons....we got the black ones so why is it so hard to give us the pink ones?

Boogie083
04-07-13, 01:26 PM
Why does TL says that android has not been forgotten when clearly, we have been?

You do know you don't have to enter this thread to look at our complaints now, don't you?

Boosts have been released to iOS a long time ago. TL keeps on releasing new features for iOS without bringing us to speed, and we have to hear how we've not been forgotten.

1) I can't answer questions for TL.
2) Why do I have to agree in order to read this thread?
Maybe TL shouldn't release any versions of their games for Android since their apps seem to be incompatible/unstable with this OS.
Maybe they prefer not to release more buggy updates because they prefer less complaints about bugs than updates.
I try to put myself in their shoes instead of being a disappointed customer.

Boogie083
04-07-13, 01:30 PM
Obviously, you're not Android.

Yes I am... Coby Kyros ($99.99 tablet) with Android version 4.0.3

Boogie083
04-07-13, 01:34 PM

Why continue to play if you have so much animosity? Why not stop playing until the Android version is the same as the iOS version? is TL controlling you? Are they paying you for your patience and playtime?

Hope and addiction is to blame... not TL's lack of Android parity

Boogie083
04-07-13, 01:37 PM
the game itself might be free to play, but there are android players who spend real money buying gold and that makes them paying customers. I think that gives them the right to complain a little. (I'm excluding myself because I'm not a gold buyer, but I am android)

anw ur reasoning of parity being moot because its a free game is ridiculous, TL is a business, they create games that encourages people to spend real money, thats the ultimate aim, they should treat all players as potential customers. if they want to call themselves supported by android they should just do things properly.

I disagree. Players who buy gold have a right to complain about "gold traps" and prices, not what another OS has compared to their OS. You pay for what you want that's available, not what's available to others. This is my opinion.

Boogie083
04-07-13, 01:48 PM
Personally I don't love a virtual pixel rendering of anything. I have a full and happy life, I don't need to have dragons to fill a gaping hole of loneliness. I have purchased gold in the past and can abandon at any point. Nothing wrong with being straight forward but the condensing undertone was unnecessary and not very polite. Yes may have received less defensive answers had you simply worded your post a little different.

This isn't a matter of can't walk away because I'm addicted to it. I enjoy the game, plain and simple (well used to but that's different matter all together). I think you answered your own question in your first post when you asked us why we continue to be loyal. You uninstalled the game in 24-48. Which tells me the game simply wasn't enjoyable for you. Quite a few of us have been playing for a year or more (some less). I also wouldn't label us (rest of if the usual posters in this thread) as loyal, I think our attitude in general would be much different. We have been told by tl that android is a supported platform, so we are simply pushing for the parity we have been told was being worked on again and again. We like the game and have invested a lot of time (some players money too), we don't want to just walk away from it.

I can't help but wonder how much you looked into the parity situation prior to posting the comment above about the differences in programming for ios and Android. If you had really looked into the conversations that have occurred between mods / community managers and Android players you may have read that TL says android is fully supported and they are a top developer for the Google play store. We (Android players) have not and are not asking for anything tl said they couldn't or wouldn't do. TL said it was difficult to port features from ios to android, not that it was impossible. As a group we have said we understood the delay, until the delay continued to grow with no signs of any progress. We aren't lurking around the boards of an ios only game demanding tl make the game available for android devices. That would be moot, trying to push tl along to make good on what we have been told is not moot.

If you really feel this way, why even bother to post in the parity thread? Why take time out of your day to post multiple times about a situation you feel is pointless for a game you don't even play?

Answered your last question in a reply to someone else.

I hestitate to post on this forum so much because I know no other way to speak my mind which you saw as condescending. I apologize... but the complaints in all three threads seem unfair and no one is defending TL. Maybe their apps ARE supported for the Android OS 2.1+ BUT our devices have low specs. Should TL design low quality apps for second-grade devices? Perhaps...but maybe they aim to be the best app developers in the world.

And not walking away is YOUR choice. If you stay, suffer and wait...parity will stress you out.

yayacupcake
04-07-13, 01:48 PM
Why continue to play if you have so much animosity? Why not stop playing until the Android version is the same as the iOS version? is TL controlling you? Are they paying you for your patience and playtime?

Actually the best thing to do is to not buy gold until we get on same level as iOS and rate the game 1 star and note that you are rating it a 1 star due to parity issues. Seems kinda silly to say " paying you for your patience and playtime " of course they aren't, why would they pay us? We play because we enjoy the game, nice to have the features we do and I personally don't complain about what I do have, I complain about what was said they would offer to me several months ago but have not communicated anything about where they are in bring that to me. Simple communication would go a long way, and costs them nothing other than a couple minutes out of their time.

I disagree. Players who buy gold have a right to complain about "gold traps" and prices, not what another OS has compared to their OS. You pay for what you want that's available, not what's available to others. This is my opinion.

Why would we pay for gold when features are being introduced that we don't have access to? That's not pay for OUR game development, we don't get access to what our money is funding.

yayacupcake
04-07-13, 01:52 PM
^^ I looked at my above thread and grimaced at that bad grammar... really wish we could edit our posts :( ^^

Answered your last question in a reply to someone else.

I hestitate to post on this forum so much because I know no other way to speak my mind which you saw as condescending. I apologize... but the complaints in all three threads seem unfair and no one is defending TL. Maybe their apps ARE supported for the Android OS 2.1+ BUT our devices have low specs. Should TL design low quality apps for second-grade devices? Perhaps...but maybe they aim to be the best app developers in the world.

And not walking away is YOUR choice. If you stay, suffer and wait...parity will stress you out.

It's nobody's job to defend TL other then themselves. They have chosen thus far to remain quiet though...

hamadrys
04-07-13, 04:21 PM

You know, I read your words and I feel like you are on this thread to cause trouble. I don't think you care much about Android parity. I wonder what you are doing on this thread exactly ? Oh yeah, cause trouble.
Let me say this before I close : I WISH TL was paying me for my patience and playtime. I would be rich !!! LOL

annbluebird
04-07-13, 04:35 PM

I m not complaining for now because I m not high level and I still have a lot of dragons to breed but I m supporting those who fight for us to bring th? same features than on iOS. If we have them once it will be,I guess, because they dont let it down. The more we are to agree with them the more chance we have to get trading/crafting etc... because the game would be more interesting. Level94 players say that they feel boring, if I had spend so many time breeding/evolving and creating a nice island and finally dont have fun anymore because I miss features I would come here to complain too.this mean "ok you had fun, now ty for all and bye" iOS can keep on having fun but not you Android and kindle users.

stoogehunter
04-07-13, 05:01 PM
You know, I read your words and I feel like you are on this thread to cause trouble. I don't think you care much about Android parity. I wonder what you are doing on this thread exactly ? Oh yeah, cause trouble.
Let me say this before I close : I WISH TL was paying me for my patience and playtime. I would be rich !!! LOL

Of course anyone who disagrees with all the android complaints is a trouble maker. /sarcasm

accisse
04-07-13, 05:33 PM

Why continue to argue if you don't care about android parity? If you don't even play the game any more and don't think TL needs to get android up to date, why waste your time posting here? Arguing with the rest of us will only stress you out.

As for the rest of us, if we wanted to quit we would have, not when someone who doesn't enjoy the game come in here telling us to quit. But thanks for your suggestion anyway.

hamadrys
04-07-13, 05:49 PM
Of course anyone who disagrees with all the android complaints is a trouble maker. /sarcasm

I wonder what is there to disagree with. It is the truth that we are not having the same features as IOS. If you play on Android and do not want the new updates, well good for you, you must be very happy with things as they are right now !
If you play on IOS, why would it bother you to see Android players get what you have ?
The tone used by boogie083 doesn't sit well with me. There is not need to be rude to express an opinion.
This thread is for us to voice our complaints, frustrations and demands. I wonder why there is suddenly so much animosity against this thread ? Aren't we all players trying to enjoy a game at its fullest ?
Disagreeing with this thread is basically disagreeing with Android getting parity. Why is that ???

DragonTan1
04-07-13, 05:51 PM
Why continue to argue if you don't care about android parity? If you don't even play the game any more and don't think TL needs to get android up to date, why waste your time posting here? Arguing with the rest of us will only stress you out.

As for the rest of us, if we wanted to quit we would have, not when someone who doesn't enjoy the game come in here telling us to quit. But thanks for your suggestion anyway.

The answer to your question is because he/she is a troll. He/she played the game as a goal on another game, didn't enjoy it and came to the forums to try and get people mad... just ignore it, it will soon get bored and leave.

accisse
04-07-13, 05:57 PM
The answer to your question is because he/she is a troll. He/she played the game as a goal on another game, didn't enjoy it and came to the forums to try and get people mad... just ignore it, it will soon get bored and leave.

I know that, and I didn't get mad. I just couldn't resist returning him/her some of the same pointless questions he/she asked. I mean, hello, this is a thread on android parity... people in here obviously want that. If we were disgruntled players wanting to quit or have quit, then the title would be "feedback: mass android quitting discussion" and I must say, this sort of thread would be closed as soon as it's created.

hamadrys
04-07-13, 06:02 PM
DragonTan1, you are totally right. Not worth getting upset over people like that... :)

nylear13
04-07-13, 06:03 PM

Your reasoning on this is so incomprehensible to me that I'm unable to comment on it in a polite way. We're all playing the same game here, I would understand this reasoning if the 2 platforms were totally separate, but that is not the case here. Parity was PROMISED, and we've waited patiently for a period of time. But it has now been how long? And the early new dawn features like boosts are still not available.

How.would you feel if you paid the same price for say a bag of candies as the person in front of you, but upon comparing the contents realise you only got half the amount expected?

moosehay
04-07-13, 06:39 PM

As someone else pointed out, it is really up to tl to defend themselves.

Our devices, generally speaking, do not have low specs. Tl does not appear to have them expertise to code this game well for Android. They advertise this as the same game. As the ios version and say Android is supported; therefore, I think Android users have the right to expect exactly that, cost of game notwithstanding.

As far as being the best developer in the world - don't think so. They are too unresponsive to customer complaints. Poor customer service can and will break even the best company and tl has a long way to go on the Android front before they are really among the best.

As far as complaints here - tl invited those complaints by making this forum open and available... and specifically inviting feedback from users. They are getting exactly what they asked for.

And as for people choosing to stay... how is it anyone's concern what a person chooses to do with their time? I don't think anyone is obligated to justify their existance on this forum or their desire to play this game, with or without all the features tl implies it should have.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-07-13, 07:06 PM

True ... as it was said a while back ... don't feed it and it will go away. LOL

MomsHouseofSweets
04-07-13, 07:07 PM
As someone else pointed out, it is really up to tl to defend themselves.

Our devices, generally speaking, do not have low specs. Tl does not appear to have them expertise to code this game well for Android. They advertise this as the same game. As the ios version and say Android is supported; therefore, I think Android users have the right to expect exactly that, cost of game notwithstanding.

As far as being the best developer in the world - don't think so. They are too unresponsive to customer complaints. Poor customer service can and will break even the best company and tl has a long way to go on the Android front before they are really among the best.

As far as complaints here - tl invited those complaints by making this forum open and available... and specifically inviting feedback from users. They are getting exactly what they asked for.

And as for people choosing to stay... how is it anyone's concern what a person chooses to do with their time? I don't think anyone is obligated to justify their existance on this forum or their desire to play this game, with or without all the features tl implies it should have.

Well said.

stoogehunter
04-07-13, 07:11 PM
I wonder what is there to disagree with. It is the truth that we are not having the same features as IOS. If you play on Android and do not want the new updates, well good for you, you must be very happy with things as they are right now !
If you play on IOS, why would it bother you to see Android players get what you have ?
The tone used by boogie083 doesn't sit well with me. There is not need to be rude to express an opinion.
This thread is for us to voice our complaints, frustrations and demands. I wonder why there is suddenly so much animosity against this thread ? Aren't we all players trying to enjoy a game at its fullest ?
Disagreeing with this thread is basically disagreeing with Android getting parity. Why is that ???

I didn't find what Boogie said to be rude at all. It just that whenever someone says something you guys don't agree with, a heap of you jump down their throat.
Yes I get that android users are frustrated and want parity. I want you to be on par with the iOS game. I don't think their are any iOS users who don't want you to have the same as we do.
But as it was pointed out, dragon story IS a free game. TL doesnt force you to buy gold and spend money on the game, you CHOOSE to. It's like donating money to charity. Do you demand service as a paying customer to places you donate to? They offer free services too.
If there were no forums and the game didn't allow android users to visit iOS islands, then you wouldn't know any different and you would be happy with the game.
If you're so unhappy with the game, stop playing it.

nylear13
04-07-13, 07:21 PM
I didn't find what Boogie said to be rude at all. It just that whenever someone says something you guys don't agree with, a heap of you jump down their throat.
Yes I get that android users are frustrated and want parity. I want you to be on par with the iOS game. I don't think their are any iOS users who don't want you to have the same as we do.
But as it was pointed out, dragon story IS a free game. TL doesnt force you to buy gold and spend money on the game, you CHOOSE to. It's like donating money to charity. Do you demand service as a paying customer to places you donate to? They offer free services too.
If there were no forums and the game didn't allow android users to visit iOS islands, then you wouldn't know any different and you would be happy with the game.

But that is exactly the problem. Ios and android islands are NOT separate. I agree there would be no problems if that.were the case, but the fact is the situation is leading android players to expect the same game.

Perhaps some of the comments here are a little over zealous in their expression of opinions but then again isn't that the purpose of this particular thread?

That said, I'm sure that.we all appreciate the ios players who are sympathetic to this issue. It just doesn't feel good to have someone state on here that we should just grin AMD bear it because we're using "second grade " devices

accisse
04-07-13, 07:21 PM

The problem is, nobody in here wants to quit. At least not yet. Why would we even waste time posting here if we're done with the game. I wouldn't even bother.
This thread was expressively created to let android users vent their frustrations about the huge disparity. If there are users who don't like to read about how unhappy we are with the game (and yet don't want to stop playing it), then they can choose not to come in here at all.
How would iOS users feels if I went in threads like "dragon quests" and post what you just said? "Dragon story is a free game, if you spend money to buy gold it's like donating money to charity. Don't expect TL to give ALL of you the quest outpost. If you're unhappy when you see other iOS players' quest outpost, either don't visit them or stop playing the game. Problem solved."
I don't think even TL would like to answer their customers with an answer like this: "don't like the game, stop playing it." It just means losing customers and income. Granted, there will be new players joining who know nothing about this issue and they will still earn money. But the problem is still there, it's not even solved at all. The roots of the problem need to be removed in the first place. People complaining about it is just the visible part of the weed itself, cut it off but the roots are still there.

Boogie083
04-07-13, 07:26 PM
11-27-2012 12:02 PM Or perhaps there are technological hurdles and restrictions related to each unique operating system, not to mention different release entities reviewing and publishing the games submitted by the developers.

For example, and this is just speculation though I am an unrelated developer, android may limit the amount of network activity the games are allowed concurrently, and as your game status data is continually streamed from teamlava's servers, they might have to get picky with what to give you. eg your habitat's current coin amounts vs all of the goals, whereas ios allows for more.

fondants

fondants may be right.

TL may very well be trying to bring Android up to date BUT the iOS team is working faster than the Android team, and if they fire the Android team, that widens the gap.

As unfair as it is to Android for TL to release updates / new versions for iOS, iOS releases shouldn't be paused because Android updates aren't ready. What if both iOS and Android updates were put on hold until Kindle Fire had the latest Android version? I imagine the Kindle team is smaller than the Android team which means more work for fewer people which means slower progress for all three platforms.

Again, I am posting here as an Android user who would like to calm down players who have joined the Android mob because of peer pressure. You do not have to be angry at TL because your fellow Android users are angry.

stoogehunter
04-07-13, 07:36 PM
I don't consider android devices "second grade". Sure, I'm an iOS user but I has an android before. The only reason I have an iPhone is because my partner has one and it's easier to send pictures and use emoticons between two iOS devices.
I think android is for people who want more than just a smartphone. They are capable of so much more than an iPhone.
But I do love the simplicity of my iPhone.

stoogehunter
04-07-13, 07:37 PM
Oops. The bad thing about iOS is autocorrect. I fight with it daily lol. I meant to say " I had an android." Not " I has an android".

accisse
04-07-13, 07:38 PM
fondants may be right.

TL may very well be trying to bring Android up to date BUT the iOS team is working faster than the Android team, and if they fire the Android team, that widens the gap.

As unfair as it is to Android for TL to release updates / new versions for iOS, iOS releases shouldn't be paused because Android updates aren't ready. What if both iOS and Android updates were put on hold until Kindle Fire had the latest Android version? I imagine the Kindle team is smaller than the Android team which means more work for fewer people which means slower progress for all three platforms.

Again, I am posting here as an Android user who would like to calm down players who have joined the Android mob because of peer pressure. You do not have to be angry at TL because your fellow Android users are angry.

I wouldn't mind if they put everything on hold until kindle got updated actually. Because it means they would make everyone... the iOS team, android tem, and kindle team work on getting kindle up to date. Then everyone work on getting android up to date. But sadly TL seems to say there is no such thing as an iOS team/android team/kindle team. Their programmers are expected to know both platforms. They have said they have a "development team" and a "engineering team", which I translate into "content team" and "coding/ team". So what happens when the content team comes up with new ideas and features? The coding team have to implement those new things, which puts them behind in getting android up to date. TL, this is just my take on what goes on behind the scenes, based on what information have been given to us. I'm not saying I actually know what goes on.

As for trying to calm people down, I think it's not going to work because people who come in here are the ones who care about this issue. If they are calm or they don't care about this, why would they even want to come in here?

Boogie083
04-07-13, 07:42 PM
I don't consider android devices "second grade". Sure, I'm an iOS user but I has an android before. The only reason I have an iPhone is because my partner has one and it's easier to send pictures and use emoticons between two iOS devices.
I think android is for people who want more than just a smartphone. They are capable of so much more than an iPhone.
But I do love the simplicity of my iPhone.

As a brand, Apple is #1. I prefer Android for games but use iDevices for business (better security).
And what I meant by second grade is Android is not exclusive/elite.

Boogie083
04-07-13, 07:50 PM
People lurk forums and are easily influenced by other players who repeatedly post about disparity.
Had I not come to these forums, I would not have known/noticed this disparity.

The majority of players don't even post but they read and either quit or stop spending real money...
or they simply don't care about disparity and continuen to buy gold which upsets the vocal minority.
I read complaints from the second locked thread about Android users winning a contest? Why shouldn't they participate in contests? because people in this forum are upset?

nylear13
04-07-13, 07:51 PM
fondants may be right.

I'm sorry but your way of trying to calm people down isn't very effective. I'm actually one of the calm ones and don't comment on this thread too often because I don't buy gold and I agree that we shouldn't whine when we're not spending money on the game. But I thought some of your comments were unfair to the players who do spend money .

This last post is a little clearer on your point of view, but personally I think the problem with TL is lack of communication. I think if they would just give us a clearer idea on the progress on android there would be alot less angry people. The majority of us (at least I think so) are not asking for ios updates to be put on hold. We understand that this situation is no fault of ios players, but we would really like to know more about how the android version is coming along

moosehay
04-07-13, 07:56 PM
As a brand, Apple is #1. I prefer Android for games but use iDevices for business (better security).
And what I meant by second grade is Android is not exclusive/elite.

Most businesses prefer Android devices for their versatility and capabilities, which leaves ios devices in the dust... and as we all should know by now, exclusive/elite most often equates to second grade quality.

accisse
04-07-13, 07:57 PM
I'm sorry but your way of trying to calm people down isn't very effective. I'm actually one of the calm ones and don't comment on this thread too often because I don't buy gold and I agree that we shouldn't whine when we're not spending money on the game. But I thought some of your comments were unfair to the players who do spend money .

This last post is a little clearer on your point of view, but personally I think the problem with TL is lack of communication. I think if they would just give us a clearer idea on the progress on android there would be alot less angry people. The majority of us (at least I think so) are not asking for ios updates to be put on hold. We understand that this situation is no fault of ios players, but we would really like to know more about how the android version is coming along

Agree with this. It's the lack of communication. Or the repetition of "we're working on it" over way too long.

About the complaints on android players winning a contest, it's not that they shouldn't participate or win. It's that if they participate, they are actually paying money to buy a dragon that would have been free if they were on iOS. Which indirectly supports TL in offering these dragons to us at a cost. Which I think is the real thing people are unhappy with. They are not telling people not to spend money as that is just their own choice.

miget411
04-07-13, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't mind if they put everything on hold until kindle got updated actually. Because it means they would make everyone... the iOS team, android tem, and kindle team work on getting kindle up to date. Then everyone work on getting android up to date. But sadly TL seems to say there is no such thing as an iOS team/android team/kindle team. Their programmers are expected to know both platforms. They have said they have a "development team" and a "engineering team", which I translate into "content team" and "coding/ team". So what happens when the content team comes up with new ideas and features? The coding team have to implement those new things, which puts them behind in getting android up to date. TL, this is just my take on what goes on behind the scenes, based on what information have been given to us. I'm not saying I actually know what goes on.

As for trying to calm people down, I think it's not going to work because people who come in here are the ones who care about this issue. If they are calm or they don't care about this, why would they even want to come in here?

I work for a major company that recently updated their app. We had to delay it a few times times. Once because android took longer to approve the changes and at least once because Kindle had taken even longer than android. I decided to research this to see if it was just my company and it isn't. I may be wrong here but as a consumer I have seen that once android approves an update it then goes to Amazon to also approve it. This means Kindle will always be behind.

It may also mean that tl decides to toss out the updates on android and kindle devices to just make them iOS only. It is the only way I can keep sane about the fact as a Kindle player I am now roughly 25 dragons behind ios players as breedable/craftable ones.

On a side note: Can any android users tell me the listed rarety for the mythic dragon is in the market? I like to keep my list up to date.

moosehay
04-07-13, 08:13 PM
In some cases, yes. Many charities offer goods and/or services in exchange for a donation and I certainly would expect those goods and/or services to be precisely as represented and I certainly would complain if they were not.

What might have been makes no difference whatsoever. Likewise, the cost of the game makes no difference whatsoever. The Android version is touted as the same game as the ios version and it obviously is not. Tl has said they intend to make it so... so, unless tl changes their statement about parity, I will continue to expect exactly that.

kurebiz
04-07-13, 08:13 PM
Mythic is rare.

I won't claim to know how the rest feels. This is solely my opinion. TL allow this topic to be here so we don't end up posting all our complaints/frustrations in other threads. We have no idea when we'll even get any updates. Look at the quest outpost thread. IOS users ask when the rest of them will get the feature, Jake replies. The only thing we have is the original we're working on it etc. I don't expect full parity, but not having trading/crafting is a big pain because I'm easily maxed out on habitats. The objective of this game is to collect as many unique dragons as one can. How are we going to do this when we've so many habitats filled with duplicates just waiting to be traded?

Everytime iOS gets a new feature, we're told they're working on android. And that's about it. Seems the only thing that they can do is work on dragons. Features wise? I'm not saying iOS shouldn't be updated. Give them new dragons to breed. But the disparity is just going to keep increase if they keep releasing new features to them while not doing anything for us.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-07-13, 08:47 PM
In some cases, yes. Many charities offer goods and/or services in exchange for a donation and I certainly would expect those goods and/or services to be precisely as represented and I certainly would complain if they were not.

What might have been makes no difference whatsoever. Likewise, the cost of the game makes no difference whatsoever. The Android version is touted as the same game as the ios version and it obviously is not. Tl has said they intend to make it so... so, unless tl changes their statement about parity, I will continue to expect exactly that.

Yes, exactly.

Magikot
04-07-13, 10:56 PM
Oops.. Reason we post anything we say. Reads what he wants to read rather than the actual message.

Boogie083: your concern for my stress level is touching. :rolleyes: I do CHOOSE to continue playing. Just as I will CHOOSE when I'm done waiting for parity. You say we peer pressure people into doing what we want them to do.. Yeah that's so far from the truth it's comical. I'd love for you to go back and find examples of players being bullied into our views. I was one of the people you are referring to about android players winning the contest. I know for a fact I did not think negatively about any player who purchased the dragon to win the contest. I did say I had hoped no android player would purchase it but to each his own. I also congratulated the winners. I've bought enough gold in the last year to afford two gemstone dragons. Just because I choose not to buy gold at this time does not mean I look down upon those who do.

We do not pressure anyone to quit the game or hate tl. In fact we have actually encouraged new players to continue playing. You get upset when you are referred to as a troll, yet you continue to argue about a game you acknowledged you don't play. Troll or not, you are are instigating just to get a response.

I'm off to go find that nifty ignore feature again. This conversation is just a waste of time. I'm sure you all have noticed no matter what we say he will argue with.

UnoRaven
04-08-13, 04:38 AM
Can we get a mod in here to get this guy to stop harassing us, please and thank you? We get in plenty of trouble for posting about parity in other threads, so I don't see why he should be allowed to be here.

Boogie083
04-08-13, 05:33 AM

People are NOT buying gold to play the game though...they are buying gold to purchase what is available to them in-game...
so I do not agree with this notion that people may complain because they are buying gold. If we had to buy the game, I would agree.
If Android customers feel like they aren't getting their money's worth for what they buy, that is not a disparity issue...
once you buy something, a company has a right to use your money however they choose.

I do understand that 99% of the complaining is about principle,;but obviously TL is providing a great FREE game because all of you are hooked.

Boogie083
04-08-13, 05:36 AM
They don't have to set aside a percentage of the proceeds spent by Android players for Android updates/upgrades...
unless it is in an agreement or something. If they choose to spend 1% of Android revenue on Android versions, what can players legally do?

hamadrys
04-08-13, 06:10 AM
Can we get a mod in here to get this guy to stop harassing us, please and thank you? We get in plenty of trouble for posting about parity in other threads, so I don't see why he should be allowed to be here.

The only way to attract their attention on something like this is to pm one of them. Maybe Frozen Turtle ???

hamadrys
04-08-13, 06:17 AM
I pm'd him about this.

tonguelashing
04-08-13, 08:36 AM
Oops.. Reason we post anything we say. Reads what he wants to read rather than the actual message.

Boogie083: your concern for my stress level is touching. :rolleyes: I do CHOOSE to continue playing. Just as I will CHOOSE when I'm done waiting for parity. You say we peer pressure people into doing what we want them to do.. Yeah that's so far from the truth it's comical. I'd love for you to go back and find examples of players being bullied into our views. I was one of the people you are referring to about android players winning the contest. I know for a fact I did not think negatively about any player who purchased the dragon to win the contest. I did say I had hoped no android player would purchase it but to each his own. I also congratulated the winners. I've bought enough gold in the last year to afford two gemstone dragons. Just because I choose not to buy gold at this time does not mean I look down upon those who do.

We do not pressure anyone to quit the game or hate tl. In fact we have actually encouraged new players to continue playing. You get upset when you are referred to as a troll, yet you continue to argue about a game you acknowledged you don't play. Troll or not, you are are instigating just to get a response.

I'm off to go find that nifty ignore feature again. This conversation is just a waste of time. I'm sure you all have noticed no matter what we say he will argue with.

Yes, and as on e of the original 'troublemakers' and the one who most likely started this thread series...I agree with magikot :-)

FrozenTurtle
04-08-13, 10:49 AM
Hey everyone, remember to keep this discussion on-topic. Arguing does no good and is not constructive discussion. While both sides do have some legitimate concerns, the matter in which they were brought up could have been better. I've gone through removed some questionable posts from both sides of the discussion. Everyone is free to share their opinion, but please keep the discussion civil. Thanks! :)

DevonM88
04-08-13, 10:52 AM
So are you ready to share some information about shifting focus slightly away from constantly pumping out new content to actually striving for a bit of balance across platforms first? People don't need 900 new dragons a day, but it would certainly be a show of good faith to get some updates going on the non-Apple ends of things.

No reason why the game should cater to the hipster over-priced-device crowd.

Magikot
04-08-13, 11:34 AM
Yes, and as on e of the original 'troublemakers' and the one who most likely started this thread series...I agree with magikot :-)

You... Trouble?? No way! ;)

Frozen turtle... Thank you for your assistance.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-08-13, 02:06 PM

Nahhhh ... well, shoot ... Guess I was right there with ya, though. LOL Probably have a black mark next to my name.

hamadrys
04-08-13, 02:11 PM
Hey everyone, remember to keep this discussion on-topic. Arguing does no good and is not constructive discussion. While both sides do have some legitimate concerns, the matter in which they were brought up could have been better. I've gone through removed some questionable posts from both sides of the discussion. Everyone is free to share their opinion, but please keep the discussion civil. Thanks! :)

Thank you FrozenTurtle :)

UnoRaven
04-08-13, 02:16 PM
Yeah, thanks. I check this thread every morning for updates and don't want to have to read through pages of cyber bullying

yayacupcake
04-08-13, 02:23 PM
YAY for another pop-up to sit through for a couple weeks about a dragon we can only buy ( Pearl ).

Maverynthia
04-08-13, 02:49 PM
YAY for another pop-up to sit through for a couple weeks about a dragon we can only buy ( Pearl ).

Agreed. Getting tired of sitting through all these dragons, getting excited only to find out it's basically an iOS only dragon. I know cross-platforming takes time, but it's been... how long now. It seems that most of the energy is getting directed towards the holiday themed versions, which to me is kinda blah, why do I nee to download a NEW version of the game, than getting iOS and Android on the same playing field. As someone else pointed out, Android users probably spend more money thanks to the disparity between versions. Is that why we aren't getting the update is that it's being milked for all it's worth and we'll only see it when those dragons stop making as much money? It raises that question at least in my mind. It also doesn't give me warm fuzzies to buy anything for the game.

riahtx
04-08-13, 02:53 PM
I am a kindle player. I'm just curious why DS, as a TL game, is so much different than the other TL games I play (RS and BS). I don't see near the disparity with those games. I find it odd. I am still a fairly new player in DS, so it's not as big of an issue yet I guess, but I'm sure it will become increasingly frustrating the higher level I get. As for the money issue, I have never made a purchase from TL, so I do intend to keep my complaints to a minimum. However, the lack of game play comparative to iOS and even Android certainly is disappointing. :/

MomsHouseofSweets
04-08-13, 03:11 PM
Quoted in part from Maverynthia's post ..... "As someone else pointed out, Android users probably spend more money thanks to the disparity between versions. Is that why we aren't getting the update is that it's being milked for all it's worth and we'll only see it when those dragons stop making as much money? It raises that question at least in my mind. It also doesn't give me warm fuzzies to buy anything for the game."

That question has also crossed my mind more than once ... several times, in fact. I feel that Android pretty much funds the IOS exclusive features, dragons and other items.

Boogie083
04-08-13, 03:24 PM
So an Android user can't post here unless s/he agrees with the disgruntled players who are being mistreated but continue to play?
Someone (with sense) needs to address these unreasonable comments and entitlement.

Are there any husbands who promise their wives they will manicure the yard but haven't done it since last Spring
but you have manicured your mothers' lawns biweekly for a year?

In this situation, iOS is the mother, TL is the husband and Android is the wife. Kindle is the ex-wife who gets her lawn mowed from time to time when the kids want to play outside in an inflatable pool.i

My point is mother (iOS) comes first and gets more attention because without her there would be no husband (TL).
Mother helped put the husband through school so he can be the number 1 man he is today.
The wife (Android) must accept being second and neglected because mother always wants something.
Hubby promises he will try to do everything wifey asks/demands but he gets sidetracked by mommy's adoration (iOS revenue).

Boogie083
04-08-13, 03:33 PM
oops...i meant iOS profit*

Kittiana
04-08-13, 03:35 PM
I think that's the creepiest analogy I've ever had the pleasure of reading, cheers for that. As always, I don't care if we do, or don't get these updates. Especially with the way the breeding is lately. I do understand the frustration though. I really do. I think iOS and Moderators have been extremely courteous in allowing us all to vent and supporting us. That's my 2 cents anyway ^_^

Magikot
04-08-13, 03:56 PM
Wife divorces husband and leaves him for a man who actually landscapes her lawn, better than her husband ever could. Ex-husband moves back into his mother's basement and spends the next ten years of his life playing DS, trying to breed a black hybrid.

Lol that was awesome!

Boogie083
04-08-13, 04:11 PM

What is the topic? Disparity. As an Android user, do have PERMISSION to point out there is no disparity in this thread or should a mod start a thread for Android users who don't feel mistreated?

Boogie083
04-08-13, 04:15 PM
this thread is so one-sided and misleading. New DS players should also read rational comments from Android players who understand TL's iOS favoritism and have no problem getting updates later.

sweetstuff525
04-08-13, 04:16 PM
What is the topic? Disparity. As an Android user, do have PERMISSION to point out there is no disparity in this thread or should a mod start a thread for Android users who don't feel mistreated?

No need to start a new thread ... You can email support@teamlava saying thanks for whatever you are thankful they are doing and how you love the game and will buy tons of gold

Magikot
04-08-13, 04:37 PM
Nahhhh ... well, shoot ... Guess I was right there with ya, though. LOL Probably have a black mark next to my name.

Quite a few of us are likely looked at like trouble makers. I've made a comment or two (or three, but who's counting! :o ) myself. Especially about the gemstone dragons, not even going to talk about the pearl dragon. :mad:

With that said, I'm going back to my "couldn't be" defense and sticking with that story!

yayacupcake
04-08-13, 04:39 PM
this thread is so one-sided and misleading. New DS players should also read rational comments from Android players who understand TL's iOS favoritism and have no problem getting updates later.

This thread is meant to be one-sided since TL said " voice your complaints here " which we are doing. There is lots of good in the game and we do enjoy what we get. The problem though is that TL said they would give this to us. Now is it wrong to ask when?

FrozenTurtle
04-08-13, 04:49 PM
Enough with the off-topic/trolling/instigating posts. Any further off-topic posts will result in disciplinary action.

DO post your opinion on what you think of the current features available on Android vs. iOS.
DO NOT post your opinion on whether or not a previous post or member should be welcome on this thread.

codenameraven
04-08-13, 04:53 PM
I want the dawn goals already!!!! Hasn't it been like a year now?? They at least gave a reason to have epic dragons.... I still have no easter dragon but I have mythics coming out of my ears!! Haven't been able to breed any other new dragons except mythic bahhh humbug....I am tired of waiting for crafting!!! By the time we get it there will be such a gigantic backlog of craftable dragons and items we will be crafting for a year to maybe catch up!!! Same with the album!! They are getting so far behind they are going to start forgetting which updates we don't have! Garrrrrr rant over.... for now....carry on.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-08-13, 06:03 PM
Think Android has any hope of getting the new Peacock dragon without having to buy it?

annbluebird
04-08-13, 06:04 PM
Think Android has any hope of getting the new Peacock dragon without having to buy it?

I hope so ! I would be terribly disappointed if not (not the only one I guess)

hamadrys
04-08-13, 06:10 PM
I think the new Peacock is going to be available for Android. IOS just got their exclusive Pearl, so I think this one is going to be for everyone.
Personally, what I want the most regarding the parity is the trading/crafting. The album would be nice too, but one thing at a time. I think crafting the gem dragons would make me happy for at least a full year :)

Boogie083
04-08-13, 06:18 PM
This thread is meant to be one-sided since TL said " voice your complaints here " which we are doing. There is lots of good in the game and we do enjoy what we get. The problem though is that TL said they would give this to us. Now is it wrong to ask when?

Maybe TL devs are Android-incompetent but are working hard to learn and develop for Android.
Maybe when they released the first Android Story game(s), there were Android-biased experienced devs who are no longer there.

accisse
04-08-13, 06:23 PM
I think the new Peacock is going to be available for Android. IOS just got their exclusive Pearl, so I think this one is going to be for everyone.
Personally, what I want the most regarding the parity is the trading/crafting. The album would be nice too, but one thing at a time. I think crafting the gem dragons would make me happy for at least a full year :)

I feel the same. It's the one feature out of those we don't have that I really want. Getting us trading/crafting will really buy you lots of time TL :)
Or at least trading first so we can get rid of duplicate dragons, please? Then half a year later, crafting? LOL people might club me for suggesting such a huge break between trading and crafting. It's the duplicate dragons taking up space that bugs me (and I've been trying to keep their numbers in check instead of maxing out the number of habitats I could have if I wanted.) Don't much care for anything else, even the gemstone dragons. As long as I'm not buying them, I don't mind waiting to get them.

hamadrys
04-08-13, 06:27 PM
Maybe we should create a poll with all the features that Android is missing, get people to vote about the one they want the most. Maybe that would help TL see what Android players really prefer.
What do you think ?
Can we do this, FrozenTurtle ?

profsink
04-08-13, 06:32 PM
They only seem able to give Android the dragons, not the features. We should see Peacock, but don't expect trading, crafting, boosts, album, storage, that new roost o' adventure, the wheel thing, that floating arena, uhm, what else? The list is ridiculous at this point; parity ain't gonna happen. What would be nice, though, would be a functional client free of leaks and errors. If Android has a totally different game at this point, (and we do) it would be nice if it worked properly.

DragonTan1
04-08-13, 06:36 PM
Maybe we should create a poll with all the features that Android is missing, get people to vote about the one they want the most. Maybe that would help TL see what Android players really prefer.
What do you think ?

That's an awesome idea, before I transferred to iPod the thing I wanted most was the Album and the goals.

tonguelashing
04-08-13, 06:38 PM
They only seem able to give Android the dragons, not the features. We should see Peacock, but don't expect trading, crafting, boosts, album, storage, that new roost o' adventure, the wheel thing, that floating arena, uhm, what else? The list is ridiculous at this point; parity ain't gonna happen. What would be nice, though, would be a functional client free of leaks and errors. If Android has a totally different game at this point, (and we do) it would be nice if it worked properly.

Yeah, the number of reports I send in from OutOfMemoryError crashes and NullPointerException crashes during a 15-20 minute session is ridiculous. I'm hoping those crashes and memory leaks will be fixed in very short order or the features we want/crave will be useless or at the very least not as enjoyable.

I have a full list of features between the platforms, I can put up a poll later tonight when I get home.

kurebiz
04-08-13, 06:43 PM
I feel the same. It's the one feature out of those we don't have that I really want. Getting us trading/crafting will really buy you lots of time TL :)
Or at least trading first so we can get rid of duplicate dragons, please? Then half a year later, crafting? LOL people might club me for suggesting such a huge break between trading and crafting. It's the duplicate dragons taking up space that bugs me (and I've been trying to keep their numbers in check instead of maxing out the number of habitats I could have if I wanted.) Don't much care for anything else, even the gemstone dragons. As long as I'm not buying them, I don't mind waiting to get them.

Agree with this. Can't breed diamond hybrids cause I've no habitat for them. Can't breed certain colours cause no habitat space either.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-08-13, 06:44 PM
What do you think ?

I think that's a good idea!

MomsHouseofSweets
04-08-13, 06:50 PM

I'd prefer trading/crafting also.

accisse
04-08-13, 07:01 PM
@profsink and tonguelashing
DS runs alright on Galaxy S2. The only exception was the time when visiting islands with dragon quest, which was fixed.
At least this proves TL's claim that it's the wide array of android devices that makes giving us things difficult. As in, they want to make sure it works properly for as many devices as possible before releasing to everyone. But oh.... the wait...

stoogehunter
04-08-13, 07:04 PM
Can someone please explain to me how certain devices make it different? I would have thought that it was the operating system that mattered, not the actual device itself.
Eg; gingerbread, ice cream sandwich, jellybean etc....

kurebiz
04-08-13, 07:04 PM
I've had some crashes recently while looking at my neighbors list after visiting a few neighbors. Is that a memory issue? Forgot to report though. But I usually don't face this problems (probably because I mostly only return visits)

accisse
04-08-13, 07:10 PM
I mostly only return visits, then once in a while when the egg rating drops to almost 1, I find visit all my neighbours. Then I get a bit laggy while loading the neighbours list.

kurebiz
04-08-13, 07:16 PM
Can someone please explain to me how certain devices make it different? I would have thought that it was the operating system that mattered, not the actual device itself.

I think we'll need tonguelashing to explain this. Features wise I'm not sure. But in terms of crashes and stability, different devices will have different capabilities (much like a laptop). On my old phone it lagged very bad even on my island.

accisse
04-08-13, 07:23 PM
You'll need someone with more expertise to explain. But I did witness bubble mania running more smoothly on my dad's Galaxy Note 2, so I suppose it's kind of like different computers/laptops having different capabilities, like kurebiz said.

Magikot
04-08-13, 07:53 PM

I can't get into the nitty gritty technical part, but I know enough to give you a more general aspect on the hardware. Software is tonguelashing area of expertise. It's similar to any electronic device driven by technology, similar to a computer in that manufacturers will choose the components of a phone based on the expected price they plan on setting. Without getting too complicated let's use one manufacturer for an example, Samsung.

Samsung has high end phones (galaxy note 2, galaxy s3, galaxy s4 is either out already or releasing soon) then they have low end phones. These are the phones often sold as pay as you go or offered for free/ very minimal up front cost. The higher end phones will have the better internal components. Stronger processor, more internal storage, more ram, usually have the ability to use removeable sd cards up to 64 gb. Usually have more bells and whistles. The lower end phones will have the opposite. Slower processors, less internal storage, less ram, might be limited how large the removeable sd card can be.

There is a really good website that will do side by side comparisons that I use all the time. Prior to purchasing the Note 2 I currently have I was trying to decide between the Galaxy S3 and this one. The site is where I go to get the detailed specs on a phone or tablet. If you are interested in taking a look pm me and I can send you the info. Hope that helps a little.

I can tell you prior to the note 2 I owned a Galaxy Exhibit 2. The exhibit was originally sold as a pay as you go phone prior to my cell phone company using it for warranty replacements, which is how I ended up with it. The Note 2 was a HUGE upgrade. I immediately noticed a performance difference the first time I loaded ds on the new phone.

Magikot
04-08-13, 08:05 PM
I've had some crashes recently while looking at my neighbors list after visiting a few neighbors. Is that a memory issue? Forgot to report though. But I usually don't face this problems (probably because I mostly only return visits)

I've experienced the same thing. I've even had the screen screen scroll "on it's own" well after I have stop touching the screen. It's like the list is trying to catch up with one my swiping commands. Every time I see that I crash, no exception. I'm not an expert but what I do know makes me suspect memory problems. Sadly I rarely get crash reports anymore. I just crash to the home screen or the game reboots itself.

tonguelashing
04-08-13, 11:01 PM

Lots of different things, the amount of RAM (memory), Screen Size/Resolution, Graphics (My Tablet actually has an nVidia graphics chip which isn't being utilized in this game), the OS of course, actual type of processor...lots of different things actually.

crsty19612
04-09-13, 02:22 AM
Ok I've been mulling this about in my head for awhile, time for me to get it out. Last year I had another tablet that used android ice cream as a format. It died so now I have a kindle. Either way I've always felt like a second class citizen here. I like this game slot and I don't want to give up hope yet but I have noticed that the disparity between the different groups is getting larger all the time. Yes I have put money out to play this game,so no I at least do Not play for free. Yet I haven't seen the benefits as much. So I propose this, all the money spent by us go only into improving the android/kindle side of the game. I know that I've spent enough to pay the wages of at least one programmer, think he could work for me instead of ios for awhile. Also is it smart marketing to put out a product, advertise it every where, then when it's sent out it has three different qualities, and then get upset when the different groups notice and get upset.

hamadrys
04-09-13, 05:03 AM
I have a full list of features between the platforms, I can put up a poll later tonight when I get home.

That would be great. Thank you for doing this :)

bryanjdbalot
04-09-13, 07:17 AM
They know what we want and they will do something about it IF they want to.they say its hard but man its been months! Hopefully by 2014 or 15 16

sollia
04-09-13, 08:42 AM
With that said, could someone tell me which features Android is still missing? I know you don't have crafting, but I thought I heard you guys did finally get Pink dragons around V-day. That's a pretty big step, isn't it?

sweetstuff525
04-09-13, 08:46 AM
With that said, could someone tell me which features Android is still missing? I know you don't have crafting, but I thought I heard you guys did finally get Pink dragons around V-day. That's a pretty big step, isn't it?

yeah android got the pink dragons and also have gotten the black and the mythic dragons

they are missing the boost buildings, trading crafting

i didn't include album since new ios players are not currently getting the album, also the quest outpost only 10% of ios players have it and the spinning wheel was just a beta tester and currently no one has it at this moment , and the battle arena hasn't been released yet not even as beta testing

hamadrys
04-09-13, 08:46 AM
Sollia, I know that tonguelashing has the exhaustive list, but for what I know we do not have : trading and crafting, album and rewards, Quest and Samurai dragon, Arena, Wheel, breeding boost.
It was an awesome thing to get the Pink dragons, I agree.

sollia
04-09-13, 08:48 AM
It's funny, on the first post, it's written, "Players have said they would like...." It sounds like "We know but we still aren't going to do it".

Reminds me of how my dad doesn't like saying "I love you" so he says "You are loved." And my response is like "By you or someone else?"

Anyway, Android players deserve information. It's as simple as that. If TL really does value all their customers, you guys should be informed.

sollia
04-09-13, 08:49 AM
I know it's a huge gap, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I just know that if I were on Android like I was until a couple months ago, I'd be happy with the new dragons.

Boogie083
04-09-13, 09:01 AM
Please re-read the OP because that's where my comments stem from in my replies...

Recap from the previous thread:

Developing for Android is more difficult due to the multiple operating systems and variety of devices. We're working to resolve the parity, but it takes more time due to the development process. We want to make sure we introduce features that include as many devices as possible.
We currently aren't able to provide a deadline to ensure that we don't present expectations that may not fall on a specific date/time. We rarely announce big feature updates or games prior to release, with the exception of our weekly teasers/content blogs.
The Android platform is supported. Any rumors stating otherwise are false information.
Players have said they would like to see more transparent updates or blogs about Android progress/updates.
Players have said they would like to be caught up before new features are implemented.
Players have said they would like simultaneous updates to all platforms.

I replied to the person who went out to purchase a Kindle without checking to see if this game was even supported and up-to-date for Kindle first.

TL have told us developing for Android is more difficult... so why don't you as players ask each other which Android devices run games more smoothly than other to have an idea which devices to purchase and avoid for the purpose of specifically playing this game?

I am not an instigator... I am a peacemaker. Players may be mad at TL for issues that aren't even TL's fault.

And btw do you complain about players who stopped playing until parity is implemented but still post here?
You are very biased if not.

Loxieland
04-09-13, 09:07 AM
Sollia, I know that tonguelashing has the exhaustive list, but for what I know we do not have : trading and crafting, album and rewards, Quest and Samurai dragon, Arena, Wheel, breeding boost.
It was an awesome thing to get the Pink dragons, I agree.

and Kindle doesn't have all of this and the Pink, Mythic, and Heart Dragons (which is 27 dragons except you can buy some for gold, which is about 25% of the dragons).

hamadrys
04-09-13, 09:11 AM
Mostly people are irritated by the lack of communication from Team Lava regarding their progress and/or efforts to get Android on the same level as IOS. It think that if someone from Team Lava was regularly updating Android players on this subject, this would make a world of difference.

Magikot
04-09-13, 09:28 AM
Mostly people are irritated by the lack of communication from Team Lava regarding their progress and/or efforts to get Android on the same level as IOS. It think that if someone from Team Lava was regularly updating Android players on this subject, this would make a world of difference.

Yes exactly. Well written! :-)

sollia
04-09-13, 09:39 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing.

It's not just the inequality, it's that there is zero communication with the Android part of the community.

kurebiz
04-09-13, 09:57 AM

basically the only thing we have are the dragons (except samurai and the album goals). gemstone/clockwork can be obtained from the market but at that price, its kind of like not having it. anything that is feature-based, we don't. and then kindle is much worse off... Yes it gives us more dragons to breed, but at the same time we also have to constantly worry about whether we have enough habitats etc. And I know this isn't an android only problem, but the breeding problems (colours splitting more often) is making things worse. Like someone else posted in the pearl dragon thread, at least they have something that they know they will definitely get it. Not see 12 hours every single time and more often than not, getting a firestorm.

I was thinking the exact same thing.
It's not just the inequality, it's that there is zero communication with the Android part of the community.

it does get annoying seeing iOS get more stuff and at each time we get the "we're working on it" msg. (Not saying they shouldn't update iOS, but the "we're working on it" msg is just a generic response, its like saying something yet saying nothing. annoying!)

sollia
04-09-13, 10:02 AM
I agree with you, I don't think of you guys having dragons if you have to buy them. That's not really having.

Boogie083
04-09-13, 10:04 AM

I understand that and agree with transparency...but then TL would have to set/disclose deadlines which they clearly do not want
to do because maybe they do not want to rush or allow Android players to create a parity countdown which may be a letdown.

Slightly OT (but is about disparity)...I play a browser based game which has several different servers for several languages...
the devs are Polish and created the game in Polish, so the Polish server is far ahead of the other servers.
All the Polish devs have to do is translate everything correctly but they use a computer translator not real people.
The English server is always buggy and glitchy because of translation errors. For 6 years players have been asking them to hire English-speaking translators and pay the translators with some of the revenue. They won't hire anyone.

Today, a player asked about a mobile glitch and an administrator replied:
"Unfortunately we have no way of correcting it for every phone model."

The English server has about 700 active players now, down from 36000 at its peak.
The Polish server is thriving (because players from the other servers left their native language servers).

Point is...maybe TL prefers players to buy iDevices and transfer their accounts.
Maintaining one platform/server is more cost-effective and simply easier.

kurebiz
04-09-13, 10:29 AM
then they shouldn't release it to android. you can't release a game and not expect ppl to want updates. we want updates because we're invested in the game.

they do not want to rush, and they clearly still want to release more features for iOS. i'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who sees things this way.

yayacupcake
04-09-13, 10:56 AM
I understand that and agree with transparency...but then TL would have to set/disclose deadlines which they clearly do not want
to do because maybe they do not want to rush or allow Android players to create a parity countdown which may be a letdown.

Don't need specific dates, just " X is the problem we are facing, as soon as that is addressed we may be able to push feature Y. Once we've tackled X we'll see how things look and update you from there."

Just a " here's the deal ", we're working on ( problem ) we'll update you later! would be good enough...

hamadrys
04-09-13, 10:59 AM
then they shouldn't release it to android. you can't release a game and not expect ppl to want updates. we want updates because we're invested in the game.

they do not want to rush, and they clearly still want to release more features for iOS. i'm sure I wouldn't be the only one who sees things this way.

Exactly. Not everyone can afford a $500 tablet.

annbluebird
04-09-13, 11:06 AM
Exactly. Not everyone can afford a $500 tablet.

I agree, choose a product simply because it is compatible with DS is fetched. If I buy a product that is because it is in my financial possibilities

Magikot
04-09-13, 11:22 AM
I agree, choose a product simply because it is compatible with DS is fetched. If I buy a product that is because it is in my financial possibilities

I refuse to buy an IPad partially because of how expensive it is. Part of the price tag is for the label it carries. Please don't take that and turn that into anything more than a personal opinion. I have family and friends who only use apple products, I just prefer something different.

Boogie083
04-09-13, 11:27 AM

but the game may work great with some Android devices (newer models) and not great on others.
If they decide to release an Android update that only works properly for 10% of the Android userbase, that would be wrong and open up another can of worms.

Put yourselves in their shoes... as devs would you rather develop NEW FEATURES or focus all of your attention on porting for 100+ devices?

hamadrys
04-09-13, 11:30 AM
Keeping customers happy should be the motto of every company if they want to do good business.
Happy customers = customers that will buy gold = $ in Team Lava's pocket.
I am not naive enough as to think that TL would update Android only to put a smile on our face. Team Lava is making a poor business decision by not keeping its Android players happy. This is just basic customer service. My little dollar store knows that.

Boogie083
04-09-13, 11:32 AM
What i am saying is there may be an update ready for only a few Android devices but wouldn't be worth releasing if most of the Android devices aren't compatible. Why release a major update for an API that may be obsolete in a few months when Android 5.0 is released?

tonguelashing
04-09-13, 11:33 AM
The poll option only allows max 10 items, to I put the top 10 iOS features we android users would like to see come to our version of Dragon Story.

NOTE: This thread is not separate from the parity thread, but more to complement it so TL can see what we want most and maybe bring that feature first, depending on how far they have come with other features being worked on right now anyway.

For the multiple move option, that feature allows iOS users once they tap 'move' on an item to continue to move other items around just by a hold-tap and move and then select 'done' at the end. It's smoother and there's a bright boarder/area that shows up telling you where you can move your item too...how far to the edge of the area etc. Very handy. Note this feature does NOT allow iOS users to move multiple items at a time, just more flexibility when moving items around.

tonguelashing
04-09-13, 11:38 AM
poll is posted.

sollia
04-09-13, 11:38 AM
While I have DS on my Android phone, I don't use it much anymore, so I won't vote here. But if I were to switch back to Android, I would most miss Album and Crafting.

tonguelashing
04-09-13, 11:40 AM
Thanks to Pony or whoever merged the poll into this thread.

DragonTan1
04-09-13, 11:44 AM
I voted for Album, because before I transferred to iPod it was the one I wanted most and is one of the best features I think, plus the goal dragons that come with it. Trading/Crafting a close second.

annbluebird
04-09-13, 11:48 AM
but the game may work great with some Android devices (newer models) and not great on others.
If they decide to release an Android update that only works properly for 10% of the Android userbase, that would be wrong and open up another can of worms.

Put yourselves in their shoes... as devs would you rather develop NEW FEATURES or focus all of your attention on porting for 100+ devices?

Any device will be old one day or another..

hamadrys
04-09-13, 11:49 AM
Thanks tonguelashing for creating the poll. I voted for trading/crafting as it is the feature I would like the most. It would allow us to trade our duplicates and craft the gem dragons.

tonguelashing
04-09-13, 11:54 AM
Thanks tonguelashing for creating the poll. I voted for trading/crafting as it is the feature I would like the most. It would allow us to trade our duplicates and craft the gem dragons.

I want all of these :D but trading and crafting is most crucial to me for the same reason. Still want the original new dawn boosts though, as well as dragon album and storage.

annbluebird
04-09-13, 11:57 AM
It is difficult to choose only one from all the options :)

profsink
04-09-13, 11:58 AM
Sadly Trading/Crafting is predicate on Storage - without Storage, Crafting is useless. But it is the biggest missing feature. Trading would help immensely, though.

yayacupcake
04-09-13, 12:09 PM
Trading/Crafting here... think I have about 10 eagles, 7 or 8 tuskers, 4 or 5 super dragons that need to go bye bye.... running out of room on my habitats, almost have all rare / super rares filling my habitats.... need to trade!!!

tonguelashing
04-09-13, 12:32 PM
Sadly Trading/Crafting is predicate on Storage - without Storage, Crafting is useless. But it is the biggest missing feature. Trading would help immensely, though.

Good point. However, the crafting takes things out of storage for you. Technically, Android does have storage, just can't access it. I get that from a note from TL Support when I completed the Rose Archway goal. Rose Archway was in storage, just needed to put it on my island.

So Storage in this context is the ability to purposefully put an item into storage or remove it from storage and view what is in storage.

tonguelashing
04-09-13, 12:33 PM

You're welcome, I aim to please :D

[S8] Elsa
04-09-13, 12:52 PM
Good point. However, the crafting takes things out of storage for you. Technically, Android does have storage, just can't access it. I get that from a note from TL Support when I completed the Rose Archway goal. Rose Archway was in storage, just needed to put it on my island.

So Storage in this context is the ability to purposefully put an item into storage or remove it from storage and view what is in storage.

Correct, you don't actually need to access storage to craft. Times you'd need to retrieve things from storage would be rewards from goals or Dragons that end up there if your nest is full or from LTI promotions.

Slightly OT (but is about disparity)...I play a browser based game which has several different servers for several languages...
the devs are Polish and created the game in Polish, so the Polish server is far ahead of the other servers.
All the Polish devs have to do is translate everything correctly but they use a computer translator not real people.
The English server is always buggy and glitchy because of translation errors. For 6 years players have been asking them to hire English-speaking translators and pay the translators with some of the revenue. They won't hire anyone.

Today, a player asked about a mobile glitch and an administrator replied:
"Unfortunately we have no way of correcting it for every phone model."

The English server has about 700 active players now, down from 36000 at its peak.
The Polish server is thriving (because players from the other servers left their native language servers).

Point is...maybe TL prefers players to buy iDevices and transfer their accounts.
Maintaining one platform/server is more cost-effective and simply easier.

I'd like to comment that our goal is to reach a wide variety of devices (as many as we can, hopefully!). We don't want to limit our games to a single device type.

Magikot
04-09-13, 01:02 PM
poll is posted.

Not closed, appears pony just merged it with this thread.

Pony - you rock! Thank you for merging the threads and allowing our poll to stay open.

mayoonah
04-09-13, 01:24 PM
what is that wheel thing that everyone in talking about?

tonguelashing
04-09-13, 01:28 PM
what is that wheel thing that everyone in talking about?

It's a mini-game like roullette where you can win different prizes, from gold, coins, maps, food, and even a super rare dragon (clockworks in this case...use to be Dream Dragon)

mityaj
04-09-13, 03:02 PM

True, but without Trading there is nothing to store)))) Trading and Storage separately would not make sense.

DragonTan1
04-09-13, 03:19 PM
True, but without Trading there is nothing to store)))) Trading and Storage separately would not make sense.

You can store decorations.

sollia
04-09-13, 03:35 PM

I don't know what you mean by this. How are those things related?

sweetstuff525
04-09-13, 03:57 PM
I voted for trading and crafting even though I'm iOS my daughter is android

I think that's the feature most needed since it would help to trade rares for gems and craft the gemstone dragons

The boost buildings I don't consider important since its mostly for decor

Those are currently the only features android is missing since all the other features are not fully released even to all iOS players(album, quest outputs, boost breeding, spinning wheel )

bryanjdbalot
04-09-13, 04:49 PM
All these feature are on iOS and we android users will have one of these?That is pretty nice...............

accisse
04-09-13, 04:49 PM
I don't know what you mean by this. How are those things related?

I think it's because we need storage to store the gems or whatever you get out of trading a dragon.

salinho
04-09-13, 04:55 PM
Just one vote, eh? Guess that makes sense. That forces people to vote for the MOST necessary one I guess...
The faster response to maps & other requests would be good also. Why android needs to tap twice to send gold, while iOS only taps once, never made much sense to me!

salinho
04-09-13, 04:55 PM
Correction: to send maps, not gold. :)

salinho
04-09-13, 04:58 PM

I moved my android to iOs before, and I did have storage! Of course I had storage while on iOS, but There was an item there that came from the android version: the birthday cake. So, storage is there, just not accessible. Which isn't entirely bad news, right? :)

kurebiz
04-09-13, 05:37 PM
Anyhow. Voted for trading/crafting. Atm, 6 more dragons (3 more dragons than album), probably more by the time we get it. And access to much more habitat space once we get rid of our duplicates. The only thing I want from album would be the 3 dragons, don't really need to know the coin rates or the dragons I have, I have excel for that.

dragonth
04-09-13, 06:35 PM
I transfer my game progress between iphone5 and samsung note 2. Both devices have a top configuration of their os.
My game can run much more smoothlier on my iphone. For example, on iphone I can visit my 200 nbrs one by one within less than 45 mins but on note2, I have to take more than 2 hours to complete with occasional crashes. Now I only visit my nbrs on iphone.
I originally start my game on a tablet with andoid ver. 4.0 os. My game can hardly run on it because the force close or hanging make me frustrated deeply. My other devices with android ver. 2.2 or 2.1 have worse performance and the only thing I can do after a long time loading of the game is to send gold out to my nbrs.
On my old version2.1 and 2.2 device I received on screen message that my game is not supported and I need to update my game. But another message on googleplay says my devices are not supported by the updated apps. I assume TL is not going to take care of all the ?old? players. TLˊs statement that it is difficult to have andoid game catch up with ios is no longer as difficult as I previously assume. It is easier than what impression TL gives me.
In conclusion, smooth run on android os is a basic requirement from my point of view. The smooth run when it is on my own island and when it is going among my nbrs is equally important.

hellodonatello
04-09-13, 08:17 PM
I will probably be the only person to vote for the New Dawn boosts, but one of my favorite parts about the game is decorating and theming my islands... and the boosts look amazing. And I want the silver! Trading and crafting should be the priority though.

DevonM88
04-09-13, 10:32 PM
I wonder if this poll is a bit unfair for most Android users because a lot of us don't actually know the extent of some of these features.

crsty19612
04-09-13, 11:21 PM
I wonder if this poll is a bit unfair for most Android users because a lot of us don't actually know the extent of some of these features.

Exactly I have no clue as to what album means?

kurebiz
04-09-13, 11:33 PM

Tells you what dragons you have, what you don't. After a certain number of unique dragons, you get to unlock some dragons (there's 3 atm). Tells you the coin rate for the dragons too, at certain levels. There's about it I think.

Some of us will know what the features are because we've read the respective threads.

tonguelashing
04-09-13, 11:34 PM

The dragon album can be found in other threads...it's an album that lists all currently available dragons (outside of Limited Edition Dragons you don't already have) and gives you info on each dragon, shows you which ones you have, and what levels they all are. Also gives details like how much the dragon makes at level 3,7, and 10. Kinda handy. Plus, when you visit other community or neighbor islands, you can look in the album and see what they have. Very useful.

As to the poll being unfair, it's not...but there may be new players that don't know exactly what you're missing...but as you read the forum, and see features and items most iOS neighbors have but android players don't, you'll learn very quickly.

xvanillex
04-10-13, 03:18 AM
What I want more than any feature: smooth game play. This includes better camera and zoom function and less loading times to visit my friends. Oh and no more crashes.

kurebiz
04-10-13, 03:55 AM
52 voters so far, and 42 voted for trading/crafting. while we're wondering when it will hit our islands, some others are wondering if its the end of trading/crafting. what a world of difference - it is only just 4 months!

MomsHouseofSweets
04-10-13, 05:15 AM

No, I don't think it's unfair. What new players need to do is, read the posts in this thread and the 2 previous. I realize it's a lot to read or go through, but that's pretty much the way any Android will find out what it is they're missing and not spend real money on something they, as Androids, won't be able to get. Also use the "Search" ad the "Advanced Search" features. There are several dragons, for example, that Androids can't have unless they buy them with gold. Same with many things you might see on other islands, such as decor, that as an Android, you can't have.

wickedDEAD1
04-10-13, 12:19 PM
This is getting beyond crazy. So basically all android users buying gold is going straight to ios users updates

wickedDEAD1
04-10-13, 12:39 PM
Every new ds like Easter and Valentine day etc are Nothing but colors And opening cover which NOBODY asked for. I been super patient and still Nothing. I bought gold just to help support updates but still Nothing

silverdragon686
04-10-13, 01:17 PM
Do you mean no update since valentines (pink background) ? If yes, you should go in playstore and download the last Dragon story version. original one (or regular) was update on the 1rst april 2013.
I think he/she means content update. Nothing listed in the pole has been added to the Android version since Pinks were added with the VDay version. Which you would think would not be the case, considering TL insists they are working on adding those features and it's been 2 months since Pinks.

roni122285
04-10-13, 01:57 PM
I think he/she means content update. Nothing listed in the pole has been added to the Android version since Pinks were added with the VDay version. Which you would think would not be the case, considering TL insists they are working on adding those features and it's been 2 months since Pinks.

Unless of course you're on kindle which didn't even get the pink dragons one of which is no longer available at all since it was a limited time only dragon (Chocolate). Which is silly b/c now even if we do get pink soon that's one less than everyone else was able to get. :(

annbluebird
04-10-13, 03:24 PM
forced close again ! was ok during two days and back tonight.. grrr cant visit/gift and send maps..

accisse
04-10-13, 04:50 PM
Unless of course you're on kindle which didn't even get the pink dragons one of which is no longer available at all since it was a limited time only dragon (Chocolate). Which is silly b/c now even if we do get pink soon that's one less than everyone else was able to get. :(

When it was being removed I thought it was very unfair to kindle players too. Just hope they will re-release chocolate for you guys when pinks get released. Hope...

lotsahelp
04-10-13, 09:48 PM
I wish i had known about the problems on the android BEFORE i got hooked in this game. I play lots of others on my droid and this is the first game where i have felt penalized for having android system...

dalexxx
04-11-13, 01:35 AM
Are we getting any of the items from the poll? Expected date?

Trading crafting would be nice...

kurebiz
04-11-13, 01:53 AM

We should be getting everything, eventually, in time to come. TL wouldn't say when.. this poll is mainly to let them know our preferred choice, the one we consider most necessary/beneficial.

Magikot
04-11-13, 06:43 AM

This isn't an official tl poll, it was posted by a fellow android based player. Sadly we do not have any commitment from TL when or if android will get any of the features. The only thing we've been told is tl hasn't forgotten about Android and they are "working on it" (whatever that means).

crsty19612
04-11-13, 08:38 AM
Well they can through at as many gold adds they want , I'm not buying more till they start giving us some updates. I'll be []if I'm gonna pay for ios up dates and dragons.

mommeeof4
04-11-13, 09:19 AM
I have an android device and I am on level 82. I recently got an iPad mini and am playing DS on that as well, only on level 32 there. The differences are unbelievable! There was a quest to download and play Castle story, which I did. I have been reading the forum for that game as well. In that forum they posted about the update for this week, and also put in that post that there is a major update coming tentatively scheduled for April 25, subject to change. Anyway, my point to this is that all along TL is saying that they won't give dates for our parity updates in case of issues and doesn't want to disappoint the players....... Then why is it ok there?

Suave_Spencer
04-11-13, 10:29 AM
I have an android device and I am on level 82. I recently got an iPad mini and am playing DS on that as well, only on level 32 there. The differences are unbelievable! There was a quest to download and play Castle story, which I did. I have been reading the forum for that game as well. In that forum they posted about the update for this week, and also put in that post that there is a major update coming tentatively scheduled for April 25, subject to change. Anyway, my point to this is that all along TL is saying that they won't give dates for our parity updates in case of issues and doesn't want to disappoint the players....... Then why is it ok there?

Because they can't be bothered/are refusing to give Android the updates but won't tell us this so we stick around and continue spending money. I think most of us have stopped now though.

Magikot
04-11-13, 11:37 AM

Because it's an ios only game and we all see the favoritism happening here. Just like the new game tl recently released... Ios only. I think they bit off more than they could chew when they ported the game to android. They have been given android crumbs here and there to keep people from saying tl abandoned android development of ds. Once they admit that then a part of the stream of steady gold purchase related income would

Being that ds is a free game, the company's profit is coming from gold purchases. Many of the game's new features are gimmicks to encourage impulse buying of gold. Limited edition spin wheels, endless short term breeding contests (ever notice they have all been rare with long fail times? That's not an accident), the original way the le dragons were released, etc.

Magikot
04-11-13, 11:54 AM
I wish i had known about the problems on the android BEFORE i got hooked in this game. I play lots of others on my droid and this is the first game where i have felt penalized for having android system...

I've had the same thought recently too. There are plenty of games in the Google play store where this situation isn't a problem. Other apps originally started as ios and ported over at some point. I can think of a few off hand where ios and Android versions are equal. That makes me question tl's excuses even more.

Another thought that has been bugging me. If we ignore all the previously released features that android is missing (pretend they don't exist, we already have them.. Whatever works). I wouldn't actually want to never get storage, trading/crafting etc... But for the moment let's just forget about those. TL is in the process of testing a few new ios features right now. I'm wondering why they couldn't work on releasing these new features to both platforms at the same time?

I've read some talk about how difficult it would be for the devs to go backwards and work on the features android is missing. Ok so then why aren't they at least developing the new features side by side and releasing them together? To me that makes more sense than widening the gap even more. Which brings me to my post above this one. I don't care how many times we are told not to speculate, the promises android hasn't been forgotten about, etc etc, blah blah. I think it's time we accept we aren't getting any of feature updates in the near (likely distant) future. The state of the game is exactly how tl intended it to be and stay.

Now I just need to decide if I can be happy with less than half of a game. To me it's like downloading the free version of an app before buying the full version. Only this time we can't have the full version unless we choose to change our devices to apple products.

Baraze
04-11-13, 12:41 PM

Thats because its a fairly new game still and have its own team of designers, programmers and staff. Every group wont work at the same pace. Whats acceptable for one isnt acceptable for another. The level of paying attention to detail may not be the same. So, castle cannot be compared to dragon.