PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Android parity discussion [Part 3]

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

tonguelashing
04-18-13, 02:48 PM
So some "Android devices" may be prolonging the release of feature updates since there is only one Android version for hundreds of different devices?

Then we (Android users) must ask do other app developers have problems developing for hundreds of different devices, and how often do they update their apps / updates are available for each device, and which devices need patches to fix issues that aren't causing issues on other devices.

No they don't. There are several cross platform apps that easily maintain the two sides in sync (or in successive releases) and are fast...TL just hasn't figured it out yet. Not sure why.

Magikot
04-18-13, 03:16 PM
No they don't. There are several cross platform apps that easily maintain the two sides in sync (or in successive releases) and are fast...TL just hasn't figured it out yet. Not sure why.

Don't want to be bothered. Although more likely the people who handle writing the code were likely told to get to android feature updates when they can. At the same time they have been handed project after project for new features and told these take priority. Without given the devs a firm deadline to have android features upgrade done, it has been on the back burner for months. Just speculation...

tonguelashing
04-18-13, 03:27 PM
Don't want to be bothered. Although more likely the people who handle writing the code were likely told to get to android feature updates when they can. At the same time they have been handed project after project for new features and told these take priority. Without given the devs a firm deadline to have android features upgrade done, it has been on the back burner for months. Just speculation...

I'm inclined to agree with you.

"You want me to rush this rush job before the other rush job I was rushing?"

MomsHouseofSweets
04-18-13, 04:26 PM

LOL!!! Yeah, but I don't much think there's any rushing going on, at least not for us.

Dairenna
04-18-13, 04:32 PM
New player on Android here. It really irks me to go into an IOS Island and see Trading/Crafting abilities (I didn't know what those places were at first). Now I come here and see they have a quest house and the ability to store things they don't want to keep on the Island? You're telling me that because I'm on Android I had to sell all those flags (and other decorations) to make room for new habitats when I could have stored them on IOS? Really?

If you're going to offer a game on IOS and Android be like the companies Sony and Microsoft buy from: code it as close to perfectly for both before releasing. You won't lose customers, people will spend money on your game and they'll be generally happy. Take the extra month or whatever before release to make sure all platforms have the same capabilities. If it's so hard to code for Android, hire more people. It's good business tactics.

elitaserina
04-18-13, 05:52 PM
i have done all the stuff recommended to fix the game with no luck. i send reports every time it happens. the game crashes every minute sometimes in a few seconds. i try to send gold and maps and visit neighbors but with the game closing every time do this it makes it not worth it. half the time i can't even plant food and forget about inviting people to be my neighbors! it really upsets me that playing on the Android means i'm missing out on most of the game. it's frustrating to see all the stuff the ios players have that i will never enjoy and since i have spent money i feel that i should have these things available to me. when is this going to be fixed? i really really like this game but all these issues are starting to make me not want to have anything to do with any of the games! the breeding problems are also extremely frustrating! the negatives of this game are really starting to pile up.

Boogie083
04-18-13, 06:18 PM
i have done all the stuff recommended to fix the game with no luck. i send reports every time it happens. the game crashes every minute sometimes in a few seconds. i try to send gold and maps and visit neighbors but with the game closing every time do this it makes it not worth it. half the time i can't even plant food and forget about inviting people to be my neighbors! it really upsets me that playing on the Android means i'm missing out on most of the game. it's frustrating to see all the stuff the ios players have that i will never enjoy and since i have spent money i feel that i should have these things available to me. when is this going to be fixed? i really really like this game but all these issues are starting to make me not want to have anything to do with any of the games! the breeding problems are also extremely frustrating! the negatives of this game are really starting to pile up.

Players must be very clear about what they/we want from TeamLava. Older devices have technical issues, even older iDevices, but players using these devices want more features/content to load on older devices? If the current versions crash your device, why do you want a new version with more data?

Everyone can agree that TL games are excellent quality. Compare their games to other social app games which don't crash or lag on your device. I was searching for "games like Dragon Story" and found low quality (graphics) games. I dislike Facebook, so those games are excluded for me.

harrysatchel2112
04-18-13, 06:44 PM
and now we have to use 2 gold an hour to speed up breeding too, i'm sure I am not the only one who is done...

elitaserina
04-18-13, 07:49 PM
i want a game that runs smooth, i don't want to have to pay an arm and a leg for things(both real and fake money) and i want to be able the breed the dragons so i can complete the goals they have set to move up in the game. is that unreasonable?

elitaserina
04-18-13, 08:09 PM
hmmmm, great.

lobius
04-18-13, 08:29 PM
gasps 6 mill for a habitat its gona take me 3 weeks now that I'm back work (cries)

Boogie083
04-18-13, 09:21 PM
i want a game that runs smooth, i don't want to have to pay an arm and a leg for things(both real and fake money) and i want to be able the breed the dragons so i can complete the goals they have set to move up in the game. is that unreasonable?

I can't mention what happened, but I am responding again for clarity...
Dev-Response-Challenges-of-Porting-from-iOS-to-Android (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20551-Dev-Response-Challenges-of-Porting-from-iOS-to-Android)

And if TL follows this protocol for all of the games available to Android players, we'll never be playing an equal version of the game and therefore will never be on an equal footing with IOS.

TL has been porting from iOS to Android for two years... so as pattisue said, we'll never play an equal version.

Of course our goal is to ensure that both iOS and Android players receive the same features. We want everyone to be able to experience the same game. Our Android team is working very hard to bring the same iOS features to the Android versions. We release iOS content pretty much when they are ready, even if the Android counterpart is not ready, because we want players to experience the new content as soon as possible.

There is a positive side when iOS content comes out first. We are able to relay the new bugs to the Android team, so they can actually fix these bugs before the content is actually released. This means that when the new content are finally released, you'll experience less bugs than iOS players when they received the content.

See...they want to ensure both have the same features, but there is no mention of when both will have all of the same features because of the one "positive side". iOS test new features first to report bugs so Android will experience less bugs... :)

noir77
04-18-13, 09:33 PM
I'm sure all the trading/crafting bugs are ironed out by now... -_-

Fair enough if iOS users get features first. It's just taking much too long.

Boogie083
04-18-13, 09:49 PM
Bottom line is TL wants Android players to believe they are doing us a favor by developing for iOS and porting to Android after iOS has beta tested for 3+ months. Android will never be feature beta testers because they'd have to port the beta features (more work for them) and fix bugs for both platforms simultaneously while in beta.

Boogie083
04-18-13, 09:55 PM
I'm sure all the trading/crafting bugs are ironed out by now... -_-

Fair enough if iOS users get features first. It's just taking much too long.

Didn't confirm but are trading and crafting still in beta? thought i read an iOS player say s/he didn't have it yet...maybe that was questing or boosting?

codenameraven
04-18-13, 09:58 PM

Yup!! My sister said it before.... if you never release a "date" for the task to be completed...then there is no "deadline" so back burner it is.... every job I have ever had sets goals and deadlines....if not other "more important" stuff takes over daily....no deadlines equal no tasks finished....other than the right now task which changs as the wind blows.... every job I've ever had sets deadlines and employees are held accountable to that deadline....why are TL developers an exception to that?? How do they gauge performance??

noir77
04-18-13, 10:02 PM
Didn't confirm but are trading and crafting still in beta? thought i read an iOS player say s/he didn't have it yet...maybe that was questing or boosting?

They all have trading and crafting. Quests/boost/wheel/storage/diamond boost are the features in beta I believe.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-18-13, 10:12 PM
and now we have to use 2 gold an hour to speed up breeding too, i'm sure I am not the only one who is done...

I read in the thread about this increase, that supposedly that thread has been flagged to be looked into possibly tomorrow. Now, just who's tomorrow, I don't know.

NekoMich
04-18-13, 10:12 PM
So I see a sticky created about crafting at the end of Feb. Following the links, I discover that all iOS users received the crafting and trading the Friday after Dec 12, 2012.

I've seen the claims that iOS 'beta' tests, but it has been 4 months. Should we just give up, uninstall the game and post negative reviews everywhere?

MomsHouseofSweets
04-18-13, 10:22 PM
i don't know if it's game wide, but the time spent in the Evolver has doubled also. I put in an 8 hour egg and it shows 16 hours until it will be ready. So ... seems to be more than a speed up price increase. I'm hoping this is a glitch and it will be corrected, but how they're going to give back what we've lost due to this glitch, I don't know. What I can't understand is ... how can something like this just happen, without having bee actually done?? While I know absolutely nothing about coding or what ever it is that's done ... how can "codiing" (for example), just change by itself???

tonguelashing
04-18-13, 10:50 PM
i don't know if it's game wide, but the time spent in the Evolver has doubled also. I put in an 8 hour egg and it shows 16 hours until it will be ready. So ... seems to be more than a speed up price increase. I'm hoping this is a glitch and it will be corrected, but how they're going to give back what we've lost due to this glitch, I don't know. What I can't understand is ... how can something like this just happen, without having bee actually done?? While I know absolutely nothing about coding or what ever it is that's done ... how can "codiing" (for example), just change by itself???

It can't...most likely thing is they're installing a new feature and it's caused a bug somewhere. There's a parameter being passed that's a miscalculation or something.

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 10:58 PM
They all have trading and crafting. Quests/boost/wheel/storage/diamond boost are the features in beta I believe.

Quests, stables and Diamond boost are in beta... not the rest though I believe.

noir77
04-18-13, 11:34 PM
Quests, stables and Diamond boost are in beta... not the rest though I believe.

I see, everyone has wheel and storage now? lucky. I guess you have to have both in order to store any clockworks.

m00lie
04-19-13, 03:10 AM
I don't understand why Teamlava has so many problems with Android devices. It is not like there is only one apple device, and they seem to have no problem supporting all those. To me the variety in Android is bigger but comparable to the iOS variety. You have screen size, operating system version, etc as variables on all platforms.

And why is it more difficult to implement the trading portal on Android than a new dragon. New dragons are always available on all platforms at the same time afaik. The trading portal shouldn't be too difficult to implement, it has no animation after all. It shows as a static image, there are some popups to interact with the portal, and you need some code to handle the trading. Being a software engineer myself, I wonder where the difficulties for Teamlava lie with these kind of additions to the Android app. And why don't other software developers suffer from this problem to this extend, that is a question Teamlava should ask itself.

I would really appreciate if Teamlava would stop bringing out so many updates for iOS (I think most iOS users wouldn't mind a more relaxed update scheme like one new dragon a week, updates go really fast imho), and focus on bringing Android (and Kindle for that matter) up to speed with iOS.
Business wise it might also be a smart decision, as Android is catching up to / overtaking iOS. Many Android users are now reluctant to spend money on this game, because they cannot enjoy the 'full' game. And thinking that Android users don't spend money on games is a mistake Teamlava shouldn't make :).

kurebiz
04-19-13, 03:29 AM
I don't understand why Teamlava has so many problems with Android devices. It is not like there is only one apple device, and they seem to have no problem supporting all those. To me the variety in Android is bigger but comparable to the iOS variety. You have screen size, operating system version, etc as variables on all platforms.

And why is it more difficult to implement the trading portal on Android than a new dragon. New dragons are always available on all platforms at the same time afaik. The trading portal shouldn't be too difficult to implement, it has no animation after all. It shows as a static image, there are some popups to interact with the portal, and you need some code to handle the trading. Being a software engineer myself, I wonder where the difficulties for Teamlava lie with these kind of additions to the Android app. And why don't other software developers suffer from this problem to this extend, that is a question Teamlava should ask itself.

I would really appreciate if Teamlava would stop bringing out so many updates for iOS (I think most iOS users wouldn't mind a more relaxed update scheme like one new dragon a week, updates go really fast imho), and focus on bringing Android (and Kindle for that matter) up to speed with iOS.
Business wise it might also be a smart decision, as Android is catching up to / overtaking iOS. Many Android users are now reluctant to spend money on this game, because they cannot enjoy the 'full' game. And thinking that Android users don't spend money on games is a mistake Teamlava shouldn't make :).

And with the changes in gold-related speed breeding (I really pity those who have the double costs but don't have the halved breeding timings), I think they're going to lose more gold-buying customers! It's a huge kick in the teeth for any android/kindle who falls into the category!

lotsahelp
04-19-13, 06:30 AM
I've had the same thought recently too. There are plenty of games in the Google play store where this situation isn't a problem. Other apps originally started as ios and ported over at some point. I can think of a few off hand where ios and Android versions are equal. That makes me question tl's excuses even more.

Another thought that has been bugging me. If we ignore all the previously released features that android is missing (pretend they don't exist, we already have them.. Whatever works). I wouldn't actually want to never get storage, trading/crafting etc... But for the moment let's just forget about those. TL is in the process of testing a few new ios features right now. I'm wondering why they couldn't work on releasing these new features to both platforms at the same time?

I've read some talk about how difficult it would be for the devs to go backwards and work on the features android is missing. Ok so then why aren't they at least developing the new features side by side and releasing them together? To me that makes more sense than widening the gap even more. Which brings me to my post above this one. I don't care how many times we are told not to speculate, the promises android hasn't been forgotten about, etc etc, blah blah. I think it's time we accept we aren't getting any of feature updates in the near (likely distant) future. The state of the game is exactly how tl intended it to be and stay.

Now I just need to decide if I can be happy with less than half of a game. To me it's like downloading the free version of an app before buying the full version. Only this time we can't have the full version unless we choose to change our devices to apple products.

Yes!!!

MomsHouseofSweets
04-19-13, 06:52 AM
And with the changes in gold-related speed breeding (I really pity those who have the double costs but don't have the halved breeding timings), I think they're going to lose more gold-buying customers! It's a huge kick in the teeth for any android/kindle who falls into the category!

Everything for me doubled and from what I read this morning, these increases may not be a glitch, but were done purposely. I'm really hoping this is not the case, however, what with the different pricing to some players and different again to others, I would hardly be surprised to read that these increases were intentionally done. As I've posted in other areas, this my be the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back, for me.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-19-13, 06:54 AM
It can't...most likely thing is they're installing a new feature and it's caused a bug somewhere. There's a parameter being passed that's a miscalculation or something.

It was posted this morning, that these increases may not be a glitch, but done intentionally.

kurebiz
04-19-13, 07:00 AM
Everything for me doubled and from what I read this morning, these increases may not be a glitch, but were done purposely. I'm really hoping this is not the case, however, what with the different pricing to some players and different again to others, I would hardly be surprised to read that these increases were intentionally done. As I've posted in other areas, this my be the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back, for me.

I'd think its done on purpose as a test, although I have no idea why they would think of increasing the gold cost. Regardless of whether the person purchases gold or not, no one will be pleased with that. It reflects poorly on them.
But I think things will change (like the dragon stable gold cost did, I think - didn't read through the thread, just saw someone mentioning it in another thread somewhere). So if you can/want to, you might want to just wait it out a bit.

After waiting so long and not having trading/crafting, my style of playing is now pretty relaxed. Login, breed and plant food, take note of the timings, login again to breed/plant new food. As for coin collections, its only when I am free. Previously, I used to login without fail every hour or two. But back then, the disparity wasn't that great, the only thing missing then were the ND boosts.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-19-13, 07:17 AM
I'd think its done on purpose as a test, although I have no idea why they would think of increasing the gold cost. Regardless of whether the person purchases gold or not, no one will be pleased with that. It reflects poorly on them.
But I think things will change (like the dragon stable gold cost did, I think - didn't read through the thread, just saw someone mentioning it in another thread somewhere). So if you can/want to, you might want to just wait it out a bit.

After waiting so long and not having trading/crafting, my style of playing is now pretty relaxed. Login, breed and plant food, take note of the timings, login again to breed/plant new food. As for coin collections, its only when I am free. Previously, I used to login without fail every hour or two. But back then, the disparity wasn't that great, the only thing missing then were the ND boosts.

I'm going to wait ... wait for a "while", but there will be no waiting like TL usually has us wait ... months with the "we're working on it" explanation. I'm over that.

annbluebird
04-19-13, 07:48 AM

I agree,I used to be very patient with everything in my life and try to not leave a game drive my mind. I m fan of DS and was til now slowly waiting for any change, playing daily but usually not too speed. When food increase came well it wasnt great but I took it as it came, a new habit to have. Seriously with the new cost changes (high one for me) and still no parity I m angry. TL do his best to make us dislike this great game. Logging in wondering wich "great" surprise we will have isnt one of my fantasm. Thank you very much TL for trying to send out the android players and the ones who want to keep on playing a great game. Dont know what you exactly want but I am feed up. Well I will not buy gold, I will keep on supporting those who fight for parity and tell my neighbors about how you consider your customers. It just dont make sense, I m quality controler, the first thing we learn is to please our customers and be sure that a product has no fail and please the ones who are going to use it and if we were working like you actually do we wouldnt have work since a long time.

kurebiz
04-19-13, 08:04 AM
When food increase came well it wasnt great but I took it as it came, a new habit to have.

You have the increased food costs? Thats strange. I know in-game the prices displayed have changed, but I thought the extra (difference between new cost and usual cost) were reimbursed after you restart the game?

MomsHouseofSweets
04-19-13, 08:14 AM

Well, maybe that's what needs to happen ... the gold buying, I mean.

hamadrys
04-19-13, 08:19 AM
They want constructive feedbacks. I do not even know how to get a constructive feedback on this because there is none! It is a BAD IDEA. YOU ARE ****ING THE GAME! !!

maxnono
04-19-13, 08:37 AM
The gold can be buy but it's too expansive

MomsHouseofSweets
04-19-13, 08:40 AM
They want constructive feedbacks. I do not even know how to get a constructive feedback on this because there is none! It is a BAD IDEA. YOU ARE ****ING THE GAME! !!

Yes, they are and may well lose a lot of players.

vickielea
04-19-13, 09:03 AM
I just posted in the speeding up/gold price thread, now I'm venting my frustration here. I play on an Android Toshiba Thrive tablet. I've about had it! I swallowed the ios/ android differences, thinking we will be caught up one day hopefully. But upon opening my tablet this morning and seeing the gold amount doubled n the times remain the same, just deflated all the joy from the game for me. I saw that passion is gone soon so i wanted to speed up n concentrate on getting it. I just got the right heart last week. I was going to buy gold to get a 3 rd nest n for speeding up. NOT NOW! I'm not putting any money into a game that treats their players this way. Thought I'd leave my thought so TL can how their actions affect this player. I also play BS, RS, slots, and others as they offer gem n gold incentives to download them. And I have purchased gems, gold to support my playing.

krissy5000
04-19-13, 09:11 AM
Deflated all the joy from the game is a great way to put it, that's exactly how I feel. I used to check in on my game every hour or 2 but ever since my costs doubled I get a bad feeling every time I think about opening up the game. I've checked in once today. Android's lack of parity has been frustrating but I was prepared to wait it out, since breeding was still fun. That's not the case anymore.

What's extra sad is it's turned me off to even Restaurant Story, a game which I've had a wonderful experience with, but I'm so disappointed in Teamlava now that I dread opening that game too.

NekoMich
04-19-13, 09:22 AM
I see all these complaints, and yet the reviews on the play store are overwhelmingly positive (or at least 5 stars). Go rate this, and rate it as you feel, not 5 stars, but...This is not a 5 star android game.

krissy5000
04-19-13, 09:32 AM
I see all these complaints, and yet the reviews on the play store are overwhelmingly positive (or at least 5 stars). Go rate this, and rate it as you feel, not 5 stars, but...This is not a 5 star android game.

The thing I've learned is that the majority of Android players have no idea how different our game version is. And think about it, there's nothing in the game or on the Play store telling people that we're missing all these features. People might see these different buildings on their neighbours' islands and just assume they haven't leveled up enough yet (like I did). It's only when they come to the forums they find out about the disparity, hence all the angry posts from Android players.

That's something i really wish TL would change, but I'm not holding my breath.

Boogie083
04-19-13, 09:40 AM
umm maybe they set deadlines for iOS which may be why Android updates are paused indefinitely.

NekoMich
04-19-13, 09:49 AM
The thing I've learned is that the majority of Android players have no idea how different our game version is. And think about it, there's nothing in the game or on the Play store telling people that we're missing all these features. People might see these different buildings on their neighbours' islands and just assume they haven't leveled up enough yet (like I did). It's only when they come to the forums they find out about the disparity, hence all the angry posts from Android players.

That's something i really wish TL would change, but I'm not holding my breath.

That's even more a reason to post a review. Let them know that unless they buy gold, they'll likely never be able to get all the dragons because of the lack of parity. Bringing down the star rating may even get the unsuspecting to read the comments, or even avoid the game.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-19-13, 09:50 AM
umm maybe they set deadlines for iOS which may be why Android updates are paused indefinitely.

Yeah, that was covered, but could certainly be true.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-19-13, 09:51 AM
I'll just bet, like me, you have probably noticed that the selling price of allll the dragons we sell hasn't increased. Imagine that. LOL

krissy5000
04-19-13, 10:03 AM
That's even more a reason to post a review. Let them know that unless they buy gold, they'll likely never be able to get all the dragons because of the lack of parity. Bringing down the star rating may even get the unsuspecting to read the comments, or even avoid the game.

No I'm right there with you, my review complaining about the lack of Android features has been up for ages. And if you look at the original game on the Play store some of the top reviews mention it too, so it's being noticed. I still think they should make it clear on the Play store and in-game though.

moosehay
04-19-13, 10:28 AM
Dear TL,

What are you nuts??? Not only am I expected to play half a game, but now I'm expected to pay more to do the few things it is possible to do in this half a game. Well, let me tell you something... there are thousands of Android apps that have surmounted what you say are the problem with releasing the whole unadaltered game to Android so I'm not buying any of your 'it's so hard' excuses. Nor am I buying anything else from you for this game or any other. I have spent hundreds of dollars on this game and for what? Nothing in comparison to another platform. Nobody, and especially not a game developer, is going to entice me change to a different device to use a different platform. You won't treat my choice of platform with respect and so I refuse to have anything further to do with you and yours.
Thank you (not) and good luck.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-19-13, 10:29 AM
Dear TL,

What are you nuts??? Not only am I expected to play half a game, but now I'm expected to pay more to do the few things it is possible to do in this half a game. Well, let me tell you something... there are thousands of Android apps that have surmounted what you say are the problem with releasing the whole unadaltered game to Android so I'm not buying any of your 'it's so hard' excuses. Nor am I buying anything else from you for this game or any other. I have spent hundreds of dollars on this game and for what? Nothing in comparison to another platform. Nobody, and especially not a game developer, is going to entice me change to a different device to use a different platform. You won't treat my choice of platform with respect and so I refuse to have anything further to do with you and yours.
Thank you (not) and good luck .

Oooo, girl!!! Standing ovation!

tonguelashing
04-19-13, 11:17 AM
Dear TL,

Thank you (not) and good luck.

loud applause from this end of the world! I think that sums up things quite nicely from our perspective.

DevonM88
04-19-13, 11:28 AM
That post should be a sticky.

I honestly wonder if they even realize how poorly they're treating us, or if they just really don't care?

elitaserina
04-19-13, 11:28 AM
wooohoooo!!!!!

DragonTan1
04-19-13, 11:33 AM

I honestly wonder if they even realize how poorly they're treating us, or if they just really don't care?

Money > Feelings... Welcome to the real world lol

krissy5000
04-19-13, 11:38 AM

Haha it doesn't need to be, we Android users' constant frustration keeps it permanently on the first page.

Boogie083
04-19-13, 11:41 AM
Haha it doesn't need to be, we Android users' constant frustration keeps it permanently on the first page.

...under 11 stickied threads mostly about iOS-only updates

krissy5000
04-19-13, 11:43 AM
...under 11 stickied threads mostly about iOS-only updates

lol indeed. But this is better than no thread at all, yes? And that's most certainly an option.

hamadrys
04-19-13, 12:43 PM
lol you're mistaken if you think I disagree on any of this. I was simply thnking of what tonguelashing just said about us being allowed to keep this thread.

That said, you seem to have had quite the change of heart since you first started posting in this thread, weren't you all about how Android users should stop complaining?

I remember that too.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-19-13, 12:55 PM
Don't forget that we were told that TL 'allows' this thread out of the goodness of their heart.

Yes, that's exactly right!!! I think that has sort of been forgotten and it shouldn't be.

martiniman
04-19-13, 01:09 PM
I'm a android player, does it bother me ? No way. Because I won't spend money on a game that treats us as second class players. Teamlava's loss, not mine.

mommeeof4
04-19-13, 01:56 PM
I have to wonder how long it took the coders to figure out how to code the gem per hour price increase ;) They seemed to figure that out pretty quickly.

UnoRaven
04-19-13, 02:20 PM
I have to wonder how long it took the coders to figure out how to code the gem per hour price increase ;) They seemed to figure that out pretty quickly.

This x10000

mommeeof4
04-19-13, 02:32 PM
I just bred pink and blue and I got 10 & 1/2 hours? So did they double the gems to speed it up but cut the breed time down? Maybe in half and I am getting a tusker? Anybody else experience this?

Baraze
04-19-13, 02:35 PM
I just bred pink and blue and I got 10 & 1/2 hours? So did they double the gems to speed it up but cut the breed time down? Maybe in half and I am getting a tusker? Anybody else experience this?

For some people the gold amount is the same but they cut the breeding time in half. Im so jealous of those few.

mommeeof4
04-19-13, 02:38 PM
For some people the gold amount is the same but they cut the breeding time in half. Im so jealous of those few.

Yes, that is exactly what I have. Lol. So that is actually a good thing then. That is on my android, but my iPad hasn't changed yet.... We shall see.

Baraze
04-19-13, 02:41 PM
Yes, that is exactly what I have. Lol. So that is actually a good thing then. That is on my android, but my iPad hasn't changed yet.... We shall see.

I thought at first it was just an ios "problem". I havent checked to see how my android account works. It would be fantastic!

luv2wander
04-19-13, 04:48 PM

yes I have the same thing. breeding time cut in half and 2 gold per hour to speed up. so cost per dragon is the same.

28ricj
04-19-13, 11:32 PM
I am not

UnoRaven
04-20-13, 07:15 AM
My dad bought an Ipad last night so I thought, hey, why not download DS and really see what I'm missing out on? Well the differences are ridiculous. The Apple version runs so smoothly, no lagging or jumping when you're trying to move things. The graphics are much better (though that's to be expected when you go from a phone to a 10in screen), and there's no buggy animations. I have the spin wheel and dragon quest outpost. Seeing how big the gap in parity is I can say one thing for sure: Android is never getting caught up. That's a fact. It's just not happening, and I'm as disappointed about it as you guys.

I won't be transferring my main account over. The reason I like it so much is that it's on my phone, which goes everywhere with me, so it's always easily accessible. The Ipad isn't mine, nor is it big enough to take on the go. Not to mention I'm taking a break from the game at the moment anyway--double gold prices with no breeding time cut in half means no DS for me. I'm just sad to see how ridiculous the parity problem really is.

kurebiz
04-20-13, 07:30 AM
My dad bought an Ipad last night so I thought, hey, why not download DS and really see what I'm missing out on? Well the differences are ridiculous. The Apple version runs so smoothly, no lagging or jumping when you're trying to move things. The graphics are much better (though that's to be expected when you go from a phone to a 10in screen), and there's no buggy animations. I have the spin wheel and dragon quest outpost. Seeing how big the gap in parity is I can say one thing for sure: Android is never getting caught up. That's a fact. It's just not happening, and I'm as disappointed about it as you guys.

I won't be transferring my main account over. The reason I like it so much is that it's on my phone, which goes everywhere with me, so it's always easily accessible. The Ipad isn't mine, nor is it big enough to take on the go. Not to mention I'm taking a break from the game at the moment anyway--double gold prices with no breeding time cut in half means no DS for me. I'm just sad to see how ridiculous the parity problem really is.

I think at this point in time, most of us here knows that the game played by both operating systems will never be the same.
And personally, since I'm a non-gold buyer who plays this only for fun (there's nothing much else to do in school...), I don't mind not being caught up. Truly. I don't mind not having all the features they have. What I do mind is not having trading/crafting, because its a pain having to worry about not having enough habitats. And right now, I can only sell all duplicates because I don't have enough habitats. This game is still fun for me, but I'm slowly getting bored.

dseudr
04-20-13, 10:14 AM
Some have halved breeding times, some have doubled gold prices. You know what irks me? I've got BOTH, for different breedings. So, as long as the breeding times don't show "something-and-a-half hours" I don't know what I'm breeding.

kurebiz
04-20-13, 10:25 AM
Some have halved breeding times, some have doubled gold prices. You know what irks me? I've got BOTH, for different breedings. So, as long as the breeding times don't show "something-and-a-half hours" I don't know what I'm breeding.

You mean it changes each time you breed something new? Those with halved breeding times, I think the gold/time ratio should now be 30mins/0.5hr:1 gold. Not exactly doubled gold prices.

moosehay
04-20-13, 10:53 AM
Loophole: Android can buy those dragons with gold. Yes, it is unfair and should be mentioned in-game that all dragons cannot be reproduced, but it is the player's responsibility to find such information on their own.

I didn't mention buying, did I? Your 'loophole' comment does not apply at all. Reread what I wrote.

I disagree that it is the players responsibility to some how find out that dragons listed in their market with colored gems down in the lower left corner just like every breedable dragon is NOT breedable. That is misleading at best and speaks of seriously poor ethics on the part of those responsible, especially when viewed in light of other things like arbitrarily doubling costs for some, not bothering to provide features for some, etc

dseudr
04-20-13, 11:13 AM
You mean it changes each time you breed something new? Those with halved breeding times, I think the gold/time ratio should now be 30mins/0.5hr:1 gold. Not exactly doubled gold prices.

Nope, what I mean is that there are times where I get the halved breeding times, and there are times when I get the regular breeding times and the cost to speed up is doubled...so I don't know if either case has occurred...

Boogie083
04-20-13, 11:34 AM
oops... i look in my market on Kindle to see Clockwork is it? 500 gold, so i can't breed yellow and red for chance to get it, is that what u say is unfair?

Boogie083
04-20-13, 11:51 AM
oops... i look in my market on Kindle to see Clockwork is it? 500 gold, so i can't breed yellow and red for chance to get it, is that what u say is unfair?

answer my own queztion: clockwork availability is two ways... gold purchase or spinning a wheel (iOS only)... did not see breeding this + that where i searched ( can't mention)

empress2013
04-20-13, 12:38 PM
It's clear the DISparity will never be resolved as Team Lava cannot hide the preference for iphone players. No matter how many new dragons they release my interest in this game continues to drop. Wont be playing anymore soon.

codenameraven
04-20-13, 12:39 PM
No.... I can purchase all dragons in my dragon market ... ALL WITH GOLD....except old/starter dragons...boogie...your little theory is wrong.as far as how i am interpreting what you just said... about how "if given option of buying with gold means they aren't breedable"??? That is totally incotrect moose is right THERE IS ABSOLUTEY NO WAY ON MY DEVICE TO TELL THAT I CANT BREED PEARL...CLOCKWORK OR OTHER GEMSTONE DRAGONS....and on top of all that I was one of those new people who absolutely tried to breed a gemstone dragon when it launched as it offered no indication I couldn't breed it in game...I wasted hours and gold.... there should be a (not breedable) or (only available through purchase of gold) disclaimer as Moose said... and yes its a loophole where TL shows they don't care and are totally ok with taking advantage of newer players .... which then makes disgruntled older players like myself .... who now feel intentionally misled and devalued.... and I would still be wasting time and money today or wpuld have quit out of frustration...if I had not found this forum....however I am still pending quitting out of frustration and irratation.... customers do not feel valued and TL does or does not do things that compound that feeling... such as obviously misleading new players and not fixing parity....

Boogie083
04-20-13, 12:41 PM
>> iOS users have an album that lets them see what dragons they have and which ones they don?t. It also supplies additional information like what the dragons produce at breeding level, adult level, and epic level. Android users have to go dig this information up on different web sites.

>> iOS users are given gold, dragons, and other rewards for the dragons they collect in these albums. Android users are not.

>> iOS users can store items in the storage area of their album. Android users do not have that option.
iOS users get both experience and coins for selling a newly hatched dragon. Android users only get the coins.

>> iOS users have the option to trade in hybrid dragons for gems that can be used for a whole new category of dragons that Android has no access to. If you don?t have space for it in a habitat, your only option is to sell it for less that what an iOS user would get for the same thing.

>> iOS users only have to evolve their dragons twice to get to their max level ? once to get to adult and once to get to the final level. Android users have to evolve a third time ? just to get to breeding level. That means that, on iOS, you can go from a hatchling to breeding it with about 15 taps to feed it to level 4. For Android, you have not only that food cost, but then an additional evolution of sometimes over a day.

maxnono
04-20-13, 12:42 PM
I can't have ruby emerald pearl amethist topaz and clockwork dragons

tonguelashing
04-20-13, 12:52 PM
No.... I can purchase all dragons in my dragon market ... ALL WITH GOLD....except old/starter dragons...boogie...your little theory is wrong.as far as how i am interpreting what you just said... about how "if given option of buying with gold means they aren't breedable"??? That is totally incotrect moose is right THERE IS ABSOLUTEY NO WAY ON MY DEVICE TO TELL THAT I CANT BREED PEARL...CLOCKWORK OR OTHER GEMSTONE DRAGONS....and on top of all that I was one of those new people who absolutely tried to breed a gemstone dragon when it launched as it offered no indication I couldn't breed it in game...I wasted hours and gold.... there should be a (not breedable) or (only available through purchase of gold) disclaimer as Moose said... and yes its a loophole where TL shows they don't care and are totally ok with taking advantage of newer players .... which then makes disgruntled older players like myself .... who now feel intentionally misled and devalued.... and I would still be wasting time and money today or wpuld have quit out of frustration...if I had not found this forum....however I am still pending quitting out of frustration and irratation.... customers do not feel valued and TL does or does not do things that compound that feeling... such as obviously misleading new players and not fixing parity....

No, there is nothing that says specifically that you can't breed these dragons...but when they came out, the popup said to "buy this dragon" not "breed this dragon". Now once the popup goes away...you have no way of knowing.

ALL GEMSTONE DRAGONS ARE CRAFTABLE IOS ONLY and must be purchased if you want them on Android (not going to happen for me, but as proven with the amethyst contest there are some android players who do :( )

tonguelashing
04-20-13, 12:53 PM
I can't have ruby emerald pearl amethist topaz and clockwork dragons

You can if you buy them with gold...otherwise not currently available for us Android users.

tonguelashing
04-20-13, 12:57 PM
>> iOS users can store items in the storage area of their album. Android users do not have that option.
iOS users get both experience and coins for selling a newly hatched dragon. Android users only get the coins.

This is incorrect. If android sells an egg on the nest, we get the XP as well as coins same as iOS. It wasn't always like that, but is now with recent versions showing it. Latest versions of Original DS and Spring both do it properly.

>> iOS users only have to evolve their dragons twice to get to their max level ? once to get to adult and once to get to the final level. Android users have to evolve a third time ? just to get to breeding level. That means that, on iOS, you can go from a hatchling to breeding it with about 15 taps to feed it to level 4. For Android, you have not only that food cost, but then an additional evolution of sometimes over a day.

Also not entirely true. When DS first appeared, the first time players evolved was level 6. TeamLava changed that in a susbsequent release to evolve at level 3, 6, 9 adding 1 evolution. The original DS players were grandfathered in so they still don't have to evolve until level 6, but anyone after that (iOS or Android doesn't matter) has 3 evolutions to get to epic.

Boogie083
04-20-13, 01:11 PM
This is incorrect. If android sells an egg on the nest, we get the XP as well as coins same as iOS. It wasn't always like that, but is now with recent versions showing it. Latest versions of Original DS and Spring both do it properly.

Also not entirely true. When DS first appeared, the first time players evolved was level 6. TeamLava changed that in a susbsequent release to evolve at level 3, 6, 9 adding 1 evolution. The original DS players were grandfathered in so they still don't have to evolve until level 6, but anyone after that (iOS or Android doesn't matter) has 3 evolutions to get to epic.

I copied the list from a February 2013 review (will PM u the link), which was from the DS Valentine version.
thank u for correcting/clarifying. And also remember, Kindle is behind, so some points may be true for us.

roni122285
04-20-13, 01:13 PM

The first part might be true for most android players but I'm on kindle and I still don't get XP for selling straight off the nest. I've always had to evolve 3 times so I can't say anything about how it used to be.

tonguelashing
04-20-13, 01:16 PM
The first part might be true for most android players but I'm on kindle and I still don't get XP for selling straight off the nest. I've always had to evolve 3 times so I can't say anything about how it used to be.

Actually, you might. I thought that at one point on android too, but it turns out I was still getting the XP...Kindle may still be different, but try this experiement..

1) breed something and put on nest
2) make note of your XP, sell egg
3) make note of your XP after selling egg..
4) quit game and come back in (or visit a nbr and come back)
5) did your XP go up?

If not, then you guys are further behind than I thought. But I suspect that this works for you, it's just not obvious because it doesn't 'show' it when you sell the egg.

roni122285
04-20-13, 01:26 PM
Actually, you might. I thought that at one point on android too, but it turns out I was still getting the XP...Kindle may still be different, but try this experiement..

5) did your XP go up?

If not, then you guys are further behind than I thought. But I suspect that this works for you, it's just not obvious because it doesn't 'show' it when you sell the egg.

I will try this in 4 hours when my bazillionth fruitful dragon is done hatching (been trying for a 4 leaf for 3 weeks now) .... I won't however visit a neighbor just because I don't know if it will give me XP when I do.

roni122285
04-20-13, 01:29 PM
Also don't forget we're now 3 different colors behind. Which I still don't understand because we got black and most those hybrids before we got the pink dragons. So weird.

elitaserina
04-20-13, 02:27 PM
i was reading this thread--PLEASE READ AND SIGHN/COMMENT if you agree. what Kyeena had to say was amazing and eloquently expressed. that fact that it was written so long ago but still applies is really frustrating. i'm new to the forum so i'm catching up on all the things on here. it's depressing to find out that people have been experiencing these problems for so long with no resolution. i do really like this game which is why i take to time to voice my concerns and frustrations. it went from being so much fun to now constant frustration and disappointment. i play on android which means the only thing i get to do is breed and feed my dragons and expand my island. the cost of these things is so high that it takes me forever to accomplish because of how little the dragons make. and breeding has been a total bust! i can't remember the last time i got a new dragon it's been well over a month maybe two. and waiting 28 hours to sell my 20th mist dragon for only 100 coins makes me want to ram my head in a brick wall. please please make things more reasonable for us! i have said this before and will keep saying it i am unable to breed the dragons my goals require due to color splitting and the infectious common breeds. i understand they are rare or super rare and it should be a challenge which makes getting them all the more gratifying however i and other players are just not able to breed them AT ALL. and i don't understand why you can't give the android players at least some of the other features pic one perfect it release it move on to another one. i see you releasing all these new things but where are the features for android?

maxnono
04-20-13, 03:15 PM
I'm with android parity.

elitaserina
04-20-13, 03:37 PM
I copied the list from a February 2013 review (will PM u the link), which was from the DS Valentine version.
thank u for correcting/clarifying. And also remember, Kindle is behind, so some points may be true for us.
you can sell an egg off the nest before it hatches?

kooky panda
04-20-13, 04:39 PM
you can sell an egg off the nest before it hatches?
You cannot sell an egg before it hatches, but you can use gold to speed it up, then you can sell it.

roni122285
04-20-13, 04:48 PM

5) did your XP go up?

Well once again you were right .... It does give me XP it just doesn't tell me about it. This game is screwy but I still try to enjoy it even with out the extra features ios has. Luckily I still need a bunch of the hybrids that I'm able to breed.

annbluebird
04-20-13, 04:55 PM
You cannot sell an egg before it hatches, but you can use gold to speed it up, then you can sell it.

:) you also can wait til it hatches and then sell it

MomsHouseofSweets
04-20-13, 05:12 PM
:) you also can wait til it hatches and then sell it

Yeah ... I'd suggest waiting until it's ready to hatch and then sell it as annbluebird suggested. I'd not use gold.

elitaserina
04-20-13, 05:23 PM
Yeah ... I'd suggest waiting until it's ready to hatch and then sell it as annbluebird suggested. I'd not use gold.
ha i wasn't planning on it:)

tonguelashing
04-20-13, 06:44 PM
Well once again you were right .... It does give me XP it just doesn't tell me about it. This game is screwy but I still try to enjoy it even with out the extra features ios has. Luckily I still need a bunch of the hybrids that I'm able to breed.

I'm glad that is the case for you :D

maxnono
04-21-13, 02:15 AM
Yes...

aineh
04-21-13, 07:33 AM
Everything about DS is becoming dull and absolutely stupid!The game is boring,boring and boring. Breed,wait half a day,collect,wait 3 days to expand,collect,breed,save ur money for 6 mil habitats (their coin capacity is just 5.000.What a joke,bleah!),breed,clear,collect....everytime I open the game and see what TL is changing about new habitats,food,and gold i yell "THEY ARE GOLDTHIRSTY,PLEASE GIVE THEM AN ALCHEMIST!" xD
We're still wating for the ND updates,we're waiting for too many other updates but TL seems able to make useless polls (is the 3rd part and still not updates T.T) and promises.
I quote everything tonguelashing said,I don't think is that impossible to provide updates to all platforms in a couple of weeks...WE ARE WAITING MONTHS AND MONTHS!!!

We love this game,TL please don't make us quit it just 'cause you're so deaf and careless!

I used to buy gold but I stopped last month 'cause I don't think I should give my money to someone who doesn't care about non iOS users.I'm still playing the game but there are some days I wanna quit 'cause is too boring to occupy my device memory.
If you loose users you loose money,C'MON AND WAKE UP!! I'm sure that users will buy gold again if u change your way to approach to Android and Kindle costumers ^.-

kurebiz
04-21-13, 07:57 AM
The poll was started by tonguelashing, one of the mods/CM merged it with this thread. it is merely to let them know what is the feature that we want most.

tonguelashing
04-21-13, 09:23 AM
OMG The crashing of the Android version of this game is making me want to put my fist through my tablet!

roni122285
04-21-13, 09:34 AM
OMG The crashing of the Android version of this game is making me want to put my fist through my tablet!

Lol .... I've been there too. Sorry to hear you're having those problems now too. Luckily mine has stopped doing it for some reason.

maxnono
04-21-13, 09:45 AM
Crash on android? How smartphone have you got?

tonguelashing
04-21-13, 09:53 AM
Crash on android? How smartphone have you got?

I'm using a tablet. Constantly getting OutOfMemoryErrors and the occasional NullPointerException (a.k.a. Dangling pointer)

maxnono
04-21-13, 09:56 AM
Try to delete others applications. Dragon story take a lot of RAM memory

maxnono
04-21-13, 10:02 AM
Yes, i'm on android and DS lag too

elitaserina
04-21-13, 11:46 AM
i have the same problem! it happens every few seconds!

itzjulezzz
04-21-13, 01:09 PM
Try to delete others applications. Dragon story take a lot of RAM memory

this has been the story of my life this week ! I'm just trying to get apps to help me eat healthy & count my running miles & dragon story is totally not cool with this .

maxnono
04-21-13, 01:53 PM
this has been the story of my life this week ! I'm just trying to get apps to help me eat healthy & count my running miles & dragon story is totally not cool with this .

How many RAM memory have your tablet?

moosehay
04-21-13, 02:04 PM
How many RAM memory have your tablet?

My RAM and processor speed matches the iphone4. I don't think RAM is the issue. I think the way the game is coded is the issue. If this game runs well on an iphone4, it should run just as well on my device. It doesn't though-scroll and zoom is next to impossible and the lag is awesome even on a good wifi connection. I think we are only touching the tip of the issue with features we don't have.. it would appear that there are some fundamental underlying issues with their coding.

tonguelashing
04-21-13, 04:12 PM
My RAM and processor speed matches the iphone4. I don't think RAM is the issue. I think the way the game is coded is the issue. If this game runs well on an iphone4, it should run just as well on my device. It doesn't though-scroll and zoom is next to impossible and the lag is awesome even on a good wifi connection. I think we are only touching the tip of the issue with features we don't have.. it would appear that there are some fundamental underlying issues with their coding.

Correct...other games do not cause these problems...other games are even more graphic intensive but are still smooth...it's TL's bad coding and lack of any kind of incentive to fix the problems.

Ziggle5
04-22-13, 01:20 AM

i have the same problem! it happens every few seconds!

Have you tried deleting the cache and closing all apps before playing? Sorry if you've already tried this.

maxnono
04-22-13, 09:51 AM

Sorry, but i don't have others ideas.

tonguelashing
04-22-13, 09:52 AM
Have you tried deleting the cache and closing all apps before playing? Sorry if you've already tried this.

yes...it's among the first things I tried.

maxnono
04-22-13, 09:55 AM
My dragon story game lag too but it's supportable...

Magikot
04-22-13, 10:17 AM

Its no wonder we don't have those features, they can't even properly code the basic aspects of the game. This company just blows my mind, I really don't get how some of their games are fine. I also play bakery story and restaurant story. I don't crash, experience lag, there really is no parity problems in these games between ios and Android. Then there is dragon story. I get there are likely differences in coding, I would think there has to be. BS and RS don't have the breeding variables. I am not going to pretend like I know anything about programming software, but can that breeding table really account for the crashing problems?

Ugh! I can't even type what in want to say, so frustrated. Yes I've cleared my cache. I've even rebooted my phone for giggles and I still crash within minutes, even before leaving my island to visit my neighbors... Once again they obviously don't care about this either. It's been on for awhile now and they have yet to even address it. Telling us to clear cache or uninstall and reinstall the game don't count. That's just their canned response.

maxnono
04-22-13, 01:26 PM
Yes me too. My game lag when i begin a breed, when i visit a neighbour, when i hatch an egg, when i expand my island... But it's legers lags, it's supportable.

roni122285
04-22-13, 05:13 PM
Has anyone noticed that they aren't doing as many contests? Is that just for android or have they stopped for everyone?

kurebiz
04-22-13, 05:22 PM
Has anyone noticed that they aren't doing as many contests? Is that just for android or have they stopped for everyone?

Stopped for everyone. If there is a contest, It'll be a sticky thread on the main ds forums even if you don't get the notification in game

amygdane
04-22-13, 06:13 PM
My hubby flashed a new ROM on my phone and DS is running much smoother. I didn't have force closing issues before it was just slow.

codenameraven
04-22-13, 06:35 PM
Its seems to have been awhile since we have had an official response to anything by the staff....am I wrong?

Baraze
04-22-13, 06:50 PM
Its seems to have been awhile since we have had an official response to anything by the staff....am I wrong?

Nope you aren't Wrong. And players in both formats are getting more and more worked up. I'm on iOS with my gold prices the same but you would think I had the triple whammy of being an android user, with double gold and breeding. I'm upset for players who are experiencing those things. I'm upset as an occasional android player who can't even scroll her own screen.

I'm angry because even though monster has less of, where everything, than ds, there has not been one item released on iOS that isn't on android. As many employees as this company have. As fancy and expensive as their main offices are. As much joking around they do with their huge parties, Harlem shake videos and cool snack areas, you canNOT tell me they are NOT capable of making this game equal on both formats. Take away a glass encased drink hub and hire someone who can work over the weekend to bring iOS features to android. Do THAT and I assure you that their gold sales would double!

But instead of hiring more qualified and diligent workers they choose to let things remain as they are. I can't tell how many times my sister, who I helped become addicted to the game, calls to ask what dragon is this or what dragon is that on my island.

If every other TL game can have the same features without a divide then the game with most likely more employees can do the very same thing. I like to play for convenience. But if a game starts to make me stressed, then I can take my time AND money elsewhere.

Magikot
04-22-13, 09:06 PM
Nope you aren't Wrong. And players in both formats are getting more and more worked up. I'm on iOS with my gold prices the same but you would think I had the triple whammy of being an android user, with double gold and breeding. I'm upset for players who are experiencing those things. I'm upset as an occasional android player who can't even scroll her own screen.

I'm angry because even though monster has less of, where everything, than ds, there has not been one item released on iOS that isn't on android. As many employees as this company have. As fancy and expensive as their main offices are. As much joking around they do with their huge parties, Harlem shake videos and cool snack areas, you canNOT tell me they are NOT capable of making this game equal on both formats. Take away a glass encased drink hub and hire someone who can work over the weekend to bring iOS features to android. Do THAT and I assure you that their gold sales would double!

But instead of hiring more qualified and diligent workers they choose to let things remain as they are. I can't tell how many times my sister, who I helped become addicted to the game, calls to ask what dragon is this or what dragon is that on my island.

If every other TL game can have the same features without a divide then the game with most likely more employees can do the very same thing. I like to play for convenience. But if a game starts to make me stressed, then I can take my time AND money elsewhere.

Amen! Perfectly written and exactly how I feel right now. I could play on our iPad 1st gen, but I don't want to. I want to play on my much faster nexus 7 and note 2. The ironic part is this stupid game runs better on the IPad than my Android tablet and phone. It's frustrating! I have gone to barely playing DS. I play bs and rs. I'm unsure what I will do about those yet. My gut is telling me to uninstall all tl games. They are getting greedy in both have of those games. Just about all new decor is for gems not coins. I used to buy gems every two weeks but not anymore. They may be different games but they are from the game greedy company. My time would be better spent on other things. It's hard to support any tl games after what happened in ds. Makes me wonder what's coming in other tl games.

Baraze
04-22-13, 09:13 PM
Hmmm. Well castle gets the varying prices. Bakery had prices doubled for everything without notice. Pet hotel, city story, nightclub, empire and who knows what else has been tossed aside with no prior warning. Especially for nightclub that was getting updates one week and ignored the very next.

Dragon has been getting the wacky prices every since the trading and crafting came along. Fashion and restaurant are the same, for now. Thankfully I'm at full expansion on both, because If I have to deal with bakery issues on those, I'm gone pecan!

Can you imagine the horror is the boxes were 48 gems each for some players? Still 24 for half and 12 gems for a few? I shudder the thought. Now let me stop writing because I give them crazy ideas.

If any android player buys gold they're foolish. I'm sorry but that's how I feel. If I saw how much iOS had and I didn't, I'd be livid.

Magikot
04-23-13, 07:23 AM
Customer service 101: it is easier to maintain current customers than to gain new ones. That would be a good place to start.

carlsbad69
04-23-13, 08:30 AM
I'm on iOS but I have several neighbors who are on Android and I feel for them. Some are jealous I got a clockwork dragon from the spin the wheel feature...Android users can only buy that dragon. Jealous I have some nice gemstone dragons (only missing amethyst...need a super rare to trade in) and they can only buy them at huge gold costs. Jealous of my Castle which I crafted but they can only buy.

It's not fair...and while I bought gold from time to time when I could...I am not doing it any longer until TeamLava finally gets a clue and fixes this problem and fixes these 2:1 gold/hr usage ratios for breeding/hatching/evolving. I don't use gold to speed up trading/crafting/farming so I don't care what those costs are.

yayacupcake
04-23-13, 09:44 AM
I'm on iOS but I have several neighbors who are on Android and I feel for them. Some are jealous I got a clockwork dragon from the spin the wheel feature...Android users can only buy that dragon. Jealous I have some nice gemstone dragons (only missing amethyst...need a super rare to trade in) and they can only buy them at huge gold costs. Jealous of my Castle which I crafted but they can only buy.

It's not fair...and while I bought gold from time to time when I could...I am not doing it any longer until TeamLava finally gets a clue and fixes this problem and fixes these 2:1 gold/hr usage ratios for breeding/hatching/evolving. I don't use gold to speed up trading/crafting/farming so I don't care what those costs are.

Yeah the differences are quite bad, they really should take a break from new feature development and work on bringing everyone on par.... if they really have enough developers to work and parity and new features, well maybe those new content developers can take a look at Monster Story while Dragon Story is getting the polish it needs.

bunjiexs
04-23-13, 09:58 AM
Yeah the differences are quite bad, they really should take a break from new feature development and work on bringing everyone on par.... if they really have enough developers to work and parity and new features, well maybe those new content developers can take a look at Monster Story while Dragon Story is getting the polish it needs.

Even if we all were uninstalling the game at the same time they wouldnt notice it because sadly we are a minority in the forum.

yayacupcake
04-23-13, 10:24 AM
Even if we all were uninstalling the game at the same time they wouldnt notice it because sadly we are a minority in the forum.

Actually we had a poll on what devices you use and Android was the majority... 55% I believe and iOS was close.... Kindle.... way off....

waimanalokat
04-23-13, 11:25 AM
Wow I think android is finally getting crafting... Can't wait to download it for daughter but I want her to get the goal first so she can get extra gold

That's one good thing about being android you are getting new versions all the time which means 30 gold every time

Wait you get GOLD when new versions come out?!? 30 several times a year?!? I go cry now LOL. love my kindle but fooey.

bunjiexs
04-23-13, 11:40 AM
Actually we had a poll on what devices you use and Android was the majority... 55% I believe and iOS was close.... Kindle.... way off....

I was speaking of forum players. Even if iOS/Kindle and Android users FROM THE FORUM stopped to play it would only be a drop of water in the ocean

carlsbad69
04-23-13, 05:43 PM
so iOS got an update today...did Android users get an update that includes some of these features that you have been missing for months?

kurebiz
04-23-13, 06:11 PM
so iOS got an update today...did Android users get an update that includes some of these features that you have been missing for months?

Obviously....... NOT!

sweetstuff525
04-23-13, 06:15 PM

You forgot to mention that the "update" didn't bring nothing new so far

carlsbad69
04-23-13, 06:22 PM

Well hopefully Android gets it too WITH features.

carlsbad69
04-23-13, 06:23 PM

Actually, I think they updated the support to iPhone 5...so before Android gets anything...iOS version gets update to support new device right away...*sigh* I'm pretty sure Tonguelashing mentioned something about that in a thread .

kurebiz
04-23-13, 07:50 PM
I just realised that spring edition doesn't have the pink dragon quests. Weird, why would they port some quests over but not the others

idestined
04-23-13, 07:56 PM
It includes a new gold trap, so I suppose Android will be getting that too...

roni122285
04-23-13, 08:00 PM
Yay new update for ios .... as if they weren't far enough ahead as it was. Still wish I was able to breed pinks before half them disappeared.

kurebiz
04-23-13, 09:55 PM
Yay new update for ios .... as if they weren't far enough ahead as it was. Still wish I was able to breed pinks before half them disappeared.

Who said pinks are going to disappear? They're here to stay.

It includes a new gold trap, so I suppose Android will be getting that too...

there's good and bad if you're referring to the breeding den changes. It just takes some getting used to. There's added convenience, not having to click on it to see the time. And the finish button is at the side, which is harder to "misclick" then it being In the middle of the screen now.

DLightwind134
04-23-13, 10:02 PM
OK that's a strange poll to have here considering all of the above should be available to those on android as well. Basically level the playing field for all of us and stop messing around with speed up gold totals, breed times, as well as out of reach habitat costs. Also a banner is the same as all of them a rock base, a stick and a piece of cloth I do not see how you justify 1 to 2 mill for a banner....really? Sorry for the rant I just think you need to listen to your playing public more before you end up losing some of them.

kurebiz
04-23-13, 10:42 PM
OK that's a strange poll to have here considering all of the above should be available to those on android as well. Basically level the playing field for all of us and stop messing around with speed up gold totals, breed times, as well as out of reach habitat costs. Also a banner is the same as all of them a rock base, a stick and a piece of cloth I do not see how you justify 1 to 2 mill for a banner....really? Sorry for the rant I just think you need to listen to your playing public more before you end up losing some of them.

As mentioned earlier, this poll was created by a member to let TL know which feature we consider to be the most important, so they will know what to focus on. This is not a "choose 1 feature" poll.

codenameraven
04-23-13, 10:57 PM

Here here!

codenameraven
04-23-13, 10:58 PM
Customer service 101: it is easier to maintain current customers than to gain new ones. That would be a good place to start.

Truth!

codenameraven
04-23-13, 10:59 PM
I think that's also SALES 101 easier to sell more stuff to happy existing customers than to sell to non-customers or angry ones...

carlsbad69
04-24-13, 01:00 AM
Hmmm. Well castle gets the varying prices. Bakery had prices doubled for everything without notice. Pet hotel, city story, nightclub, empire and who knows what else has been tossed aside with no prior warning. Especially for nightclub that was getting updates one week and ignored the very next.

Dragon has been getting the wacky prices every since the trading and crafting came along. Fashion and restaurant are the same, for now. Thankfully I'm at full expansion on both, because If I have to deal with bakery issues on those, I'm gone pecan!

Can you imagine the horror is the boxes were 48 gems each for some players? Still 24 for half and 12 gems for a few? I shudder the thought. Now let me stop writing because I give them crazy ideas.

If any android player buys gold they're foolish. I'm sorry but that's how I feel. If I saw how much iOS had and I didn't, I'd be livid.

You know, I'm sure not even Tonguelashing could have said it better himself :D

carlsbad69
04-24-13, 01:02 AM

Oops, quoted wrong one while searching for this one and didn't read too carefully...it's late and I should be in bed...

So to restate...I'm sure even Tonguelashing couldn't have said it better...and that's saying something :D

roni122285
04-24-13, 05:39 AM
Who said pinks are going to disappear? They're here to stay.

there's good and bad if you're referring to the breeding den changes. It just takes some getting used to. There's added convenience, not having to click on it to see the time. And the finish button is at the side, which is harder to "misclick" then it being In the middle of the screen now.

Well most of them maybe here to stay but chocolate is gone along with left and right hearts, and passsion with Kindle left in the dust and not able to even try for any of them.

roni122285
04-24-13, 06:07 AM
Sorry I didn't mean to say that we need pink to get the left, right, and passion .... I don't really care either since it no longer matters but who's to say that they won't release something that we can't get and then remove it before we can?

MomsHouseofSweets
04-24-13, 08:27 AM
Well most of them maybe here to stay but chocolate is gone along with left and right hearts, and passsion with Kindle left in the dust and not able to even try for any of them.

That is just so unfair!! TL shouldn't "delete" anything and leave either Kindle or Android in the dust.

roni122285
04-24-13, 09:01 AM
Why wouldn't we? We have all the colors and aren't missing any breed-able dragons. Only ones we don't have access to are Albums, Trading/Crafting and Spin The Wheel feature related dragons.... unless I'm forgetting something.

You forgot the samurai dragon that is only obtainable through the quest out post. I mean even if the wheel and quest are only beta tests at the moment it won't be long before they activate them for all ios users since they just got a new update.

yayacupcake
04-24-13, 09:11 AM
You forgot the samurai dragon that is only obtainable through the quest out post. I mean even if the wheel and quest are only beta tests at the moment it won't be long before they activate them for all ios users since they just got a new update.

Ah yes, forgot that feature-related dragon, still it says breed-able, so we should be able to get this one.

incrediblemachine
04-24-13, 09:24 AM
The Android version of Dragon Story sorely needs an update.
The game is horribly optimized for the current version og Android, causing numerous game-crippling freezes and crashes, and on top of that it only has half the features of the iOS version.

It is about time the Android version gets some attention. In it's current state, the game is very hard to enjoy on Android devices, which will cost Team Lava and Storm8 more and more money as more and more Android-users abandon the game in favour of other, more stable and frequently updated games in the same genre.

roni122285
04-24-13, 02:14 PM
Ah yes, forgot that feature-related dragon, still it says breed-able, so we should be able to get this one.

Unfortunately to "breed" it you need parts that can only be obtained through the quest outpost. So I don't know why it says you can breed it.

UnoRaven
04-24-13, 04:14 PM
Now we've been shoved off to a forum that nobody ever visits so that they won't have to see us complain so much. If I hadn't already uninstalled this game I'd do it right now, that's for sure.

Magikot
04-24-13, 07:06 PM
Hey, we have officially been banished! Sweet!

kooky panda
04-24-13, 07:07 PM
Now we've been shoved off to a forum that nobody ever visits so that they won't have to see us complain so much. If I hadn't already uninstalled this game I'd do it right now, that's for sure.

So sorry guys, this was me!!! I just realized that when I merged a post over earlier, I accidentally move this thread to the feedback forum.. My bad, I have move it back.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/01c999a2-bf9d-4260-83ae-776766142ddc_zps7c75c408.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/01c999a2-bf9d-4260-83ae-776766142ddc_zps7c75c408.jpg.html)

Magikot
04-24-13, 07:23 PM

About to do the same. Found the thread on my tablet as I was tipping in Bs. It's sad because I enjoyed bs and rs lately. I'm going back into ds to post a good bye message and be done with this. As I've said before.. Actions speak louder than the words. Thanks for so quietly moving us to no man's land. You just made me sure I am making the right decision. This game was awesome 6 months ago. It really is sat the state of all tl games right now.

Magikot
04-24-13, 07:31 PM
So sorry guys, this was me!!! I just realized that when I merged a post over earlier, I accidentally move this thread to the feedback forum.. My bad, I have move it back.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/01c999a2-bf9d-4260-83ae-776766142ddc_zps7c75c408.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/01c999a2-bf9d-4260-83ae-776766142ddc_zps7c75c408.jpg.html)

Of course I will, now the nice person in me feels bad for getting huffy. :cool:

roni122285
04-24-13, 07:33 PM

It's ok kooky mistakes happen. It was just confusing for a while.

kooky panda
04-24-13, 08:29 PM
Of course I will, now the nice person in me feels bad for getting huffy. :cool:
Do not feel bad .. I would of responded the same way, feeling TL moved this thread.That is why I wanted to let you guys that it was me and my mistake and not TL trying to put this thread off in a corner.

noir77
04-24-13, 10:18 PM
lol oh no kooky! XD

That puss in boots picture gets me every time, so adorable!

kurebiz
04-25-13, 12:11 AM
and i was wondering where did this thread go to earlier just now. good to know its back. I wish we had more communication though. Minor changes to the iOS game, and the CM/mods appear.. Now this thread is starting to feel just like it is totally for us to be hidden somewhere in this forums, without anything else.

kooky panda
04-25-13, 05:08 AM
Kooky Panda! I would Also like to apologize. I don't know what came over me, I didn't realize a person could get so caught up in an online game! I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to say this, but please forgive ME?
Of course, this was my doing guys, and I do understand members getting upset over this and when I saw your post, that is what got me to come check out what happened and who moved the thread.... Oh man it was me..

Guys this thread is very important and does need to stay in the discussion forum so it will been seen by more members.

emergRN
04-25-13, 05:09 AM
i heard on the radio this morning that since jan 1, 2013 the sales of ios phones was 32 million... samsung/android phones topped at 67 million. do u see a problem?

MomsHouseofSweets
04-25-13, 06:25 AM
i heard on the radio this morning that since jan 1, 2013 the sales of ios phones was 32 million... samsung/android phones topped at 67 million. do u see a problem?

Yep ... I read an article about this just a couple days ago.

kurebiz
04-25-13, 07:19 AM

Unfortunately there's nothing much we can do, except wait and hope that TL releases trading/crafting soon so at least we can hold out longer.

yayacupcake
04-25-13, 07:50 AM

I think I remember seeing something like a year ago ( or maybe around Christmas time ) that Android devices had overcome iDevices.... it may have been even longer than that.... this really isn't news. Android > iDevices since Android is not pigeon-holed to a single company. Many companies make Android devices.

tonguelashing
04-25-13, 11:57 AM
Of course, this was my doing guys, and I do understand members getting upset over this and when I saw your post, that is what got me to come check out what happened and who moved the thread.... Oh man it was me..

Guys this thread is very important and does need to stay in the discussion forum so it will been seen by more members.

Thank you Kooky for putting the thread back here. Muchly appreciated.

tonguelashing
04-25-13, 03:02 PM
I see there is an update to the Original Dragon Story app in the Google Play market today. Has anyone installed it yet? Any feedback??

MomsHouseofSweets
04-25-13, 03:13 PM
I see there is an update to the Original Dragon Story app in the Google Play market today. Has anyone installed it yet? Any feedback??

No. Didn't know there was one. It's not the Springt??

amygdane
04-25-13, 03:14 PM

I will be the guinea pig and update original DS.

tonguelashing
04-25-13, 03:20 PM
I will be the guinea pig and update original DS.

Thanks, keep us posted...make note of any features/changes, costs, etc.

amygdane
04-25-13, 03:27 PM
Thanks, keep us posted...make note of any features/changes, costs, etc.

No new features, but it is really laggy. My game was very smooth after I installed a new ROM and now it's so slow. My gold prices are the same for speeding breeding (1:1). I'm going to reboot my phone and see if it's any better.

amygdane
04-25-13, 03:39 PM
No new features, but it is really laggy. My game was very smooth after I installed a new ROM and now it's so slow. My gold prices are the same for speeding breeding (1:1). I'm going to reboot my phone and see if it's any better.

After rebooting it was a little better but I don't see any changes on the surface.

annbluebird
04-25-13, 04:30 PM
After rebooting it was a little better but I don't see any changes on the surface.

I left the automatic updating enabled on original DS since April 17, logically the game has been updated today on my devices and there is no change. the same crash, the same cost, the same features. I played a good part of the day (visits, plantations, harvesting, coins etc.)

hgar24
04-25-13, 04:46 PM
Hey guys I just updated mine and I know have a option on the right top hand corner that says "Free Gold"
When I tap on it though a empty window pops up?
Anybody else get that?

hgar24
04-25-13, 04:47 PM
Hey guys I just updated mine and I know have a option on the right top hand corner that says "Free Gold"
Anybody else get that?

*now not know lol

tonguelashing
04-25-13, 05:01 PM
I left the automatic updating enabled on original DS since April 17, logically the game has been updated today on my devices and there is no change. the same crash, the same cost, the same features. I played a good part of the day (visits, plantations, harvesting, coins etc.)

So if we're dealing with the same features (or lack thereof), same crashes, why on earth would we update. There isn't any incentive. It's like the proverbial carrot being dangled in front of our faces and then being yanked away. Come on TeamLava!!!! Please update the Android Client! This isn't fair and it isn't fun. We've waited long enough.

hgar24
04-25-13, 07:06 PM
Anybody else get that?

Its a bunch of offers you agree to for free gold.
For instance ordering a subscribtion to a magazine.
Their are a few offers that say they are completly free for gold but I am a little afraid that I might be charged or something.
Anybody get these offers?

annbluebird
04-25-13, 07:26 PM
Anybody else get that?

would maybe be ineresting to know if this option is only for the ones who had increased speeding gold.
I dont have this option in my tab but I must check my phone to be sure.

annbluebird
04-25-13, 07:34 PM
would maybe be ineresting to know if this option is only for the ones who had increased speeding gold.
I dont have this option in my tab but I must check my phone to be sure.

no option on my phone either

kurebiz
04-25-13, 07:47 PM
Its a bunch of offers you agree to for free gold.
For instance ordering a subscribtion to a magazine.
Their are a few offers that say they are completly free for gold but I am a little afraid that I might be charged or something.
Anybody get these offers?

I don't have it in my game, but I doubt I will since I'm not from the States..

tonguelashing
04-25-13, 10:04 PM
I'm trying for all the diamond hybrids...I finally just got a gold dragon breeding now...Yay me! but I have 41/43 habitats, soon to be 42/43 to build another diamond habitat for my Gold dragon...I'm now DESPERATE for trading/crafting to come to Android. We've been waiting months for this feature and even longer for boosts and other features...what on earth is taking so long? This is hardly fair. The people in charge need to put pressure on the developers to get out a PROPER update to the android version of Dragon Story...not these little teasers that actually make things worse (slower, still same crashing bugs) but a REAL update with Updated features we've asked for coming up 1 year very soon. This is NUTSO guys, come on!

tonguelashing
04-25-13, 10:06 PM
oh note...I don't even have a cosmic yet...so that's ANOTHER habitat to try to get and no way to properly get rid of duplicate dragons I don't need but can use gems to craft the dragons available on iOS.

RebeccaStiletto
04-26-13, 12:33 AM
I quit buying gold because the game is not giving me anything anymore. Until the android update is finally released I'll just keep testing how impossible it is to breed the infamous unicorn. 178 times in a row now.. I'm just curious to see if it's truly _impossible_ to get unless you buy it (I'm not going to). The possibility of breeding unicorn is about 0, 5% at the moment. Wish we had boosted breeding like ios has.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-26-13, 03:31 AM

I haven't updated yet, but see it in Google Play. Still now word as to why there'd be an update? Seems that those who have updated, don't see any change.

kurebiz
04-26-13, 05:10 AM
I haven't updated yet, but see it in Google Play. Still now word as to why there'd be an update? Seems that those who have updated, don't see any change.

yeap, no noticeable changes. probably minor bugs/fixes. not that there's any use, my game still crashes after visiting too many neighbours. this game is really really getting boring. :/

webowers
04-26-13, 06:05 AM
Anybody else get that?

Same here. Not sure if the window is meant to be empty or not, because not all of my habitats are loading properly and it keeps crashing when I try to accept map requests. Combination of slow Internet and almost outmoded device. :(

tonguelashing
04-26-13, 09:47 AM
Well I updated on the off chance it would fix at least some of the crashing problems....nope. I swear they just raise a version number and push out an app with no coding updates at all at times.

1) I can still only visit about 2 neighbors before the stupid game crashes with "outofmemoryerror" messages
2) still slow to move around island
3) still no features...No boosts, no trading/crafting, no storage, no stable, no diamond temple (not that I care about that one), no...no....no.....

It's been 9 (almost 10) months since the release of New Dawn for iOS and we STILL don't even have the new dawn boosts and goals. This is not acceptable!!! Put some pressure on the developers and GET IT DONE! This is nonsense.

codenameraven
04-26-13, 05:27 PM
This game could be as big ... dragon story COULD BE that if they just get it together!! Ps I would totally buy little plastic dragons to match my phone dragons....I know ... ima dork. Seriously if they want to be "walmart" big then they need to take care of what they have ...the best way to get new customers is to have happy customers!! My sister recruited me and my other sisters but we won't recruit anymore because of the parity and all 4 of us stopped buying gold months ago .... It is sad that there was over 100 votes on the poll with this thread and I would think over a hundred people should matter .... lets assume all those people bought a minimum of 5 dollars worth of gold a month.. that's 500 month they lost... in a minimal scenario if all those people encourage others not to play or spend gold then that would be quite a ripple effect on profit.

henrylucky
04-26-13, 05:29 PM
Anybody else get that?
Yes, I am. For me there is one offer for 15 gold. I think you must wait until the offer appears

Baraze
04-26-13, 05:42 PM
This game could be as big ... dragon story COULD BE that if they just get it together!! Ps I would totally buy little plastic dragons to match my phone dragons....I know ... ima dork. Seriously if they want to be "walmart" big then they need to take care of what they have ...the best way to get new customers is to have happy customers!! My sister recruited me and my other sisters but we won't recruit anymore because of the parity and all 4 of us stopped buying gold months ago .... It is sad that there was over 100 votes on the poll with this thread and I would think over a hundred people should matter .... lets assume all those people bought a minimum of 5 dollars worth of gold a month.. that's 500 month they lost... in a minimal scenario if all those people encourage others not to play or spend gold then that would be quite a ripple effect on profit.

You are so right. With the right PR person they could have grown. They are too focused on making their offices cool and hip like googles office, than with fine tuning a product that was too cool for words. I also for my sister playing this and though she didnt start buying gold here and there, until way later, it was a start.

But they definitely could have given the dragons a personality and did much more with them. I too would have gone crazy over dragon story products. Heck any TL game really, like bakery and castle.

But as long as people keep buying gold they won't change. They will see it as, lose 100, gain 50 or more down the line. We really need to make our anger known, dont spend money, pester them with questions and see If changes will take affect.

We did the same thing on bakery, made noise but kept playing. The prices are the same outrageous prices. Although this situation is different. Much worse. And yet, we are still here.

mariba1556
04-26-13, 05:43 PM
New update fixed some bugs for me. It is freezes less now ;) . Thanks TL. One issue solved a couple of more to go . He he.

salinho
04-26-13, 05:44 PM

Totally right! and I knew who you're talking about. Went out with a bang, that one. Quite well done. :) too bad people need to resort to this sort of depressive comments and complaints to get their attention!

I'd like to buy some toy dragons, to be honest. And,oh my, a pen drive would be awesome! :) my nephew would love a firestorm. ;p

hamadrys
04-26-13, 05:46 PM
My dog has a stuffed green piggy for a toy ;)

Baraze
04-26-13, 05:49 PM
My dog has a stuffed green piggy for a toy ;)

I'm 32 and have the small blue ones. For my daughter of course. It just so happens to be near on my desk all of the time.

annbluebird
04-26-13, 05:53 PM
I am tired. spy things, unfair things, misunderstanding.. things going too far sometimes, people a way too serious sometimes, not always at the right moment or even not open minds.. Only makes me tired.

kurebiz
04-27-13, 12:09 AM
Okay, I know this is something minor. But does push notification works for you guys? Because I enabled it. But the push notifications only seems to work when a new app is just released. It stops after there is an update to the game. Is this just me or is everyone else having the same?

NWojtanowski
04-27-13, 12:22 AM
The first post is just a copy/paste of the first post from the previous thread. This means almost none of the issues we have are being addressed. Add this to the fact that the game is no longer giving me a sense of accomplishment, unlike a certain similar game, and I'm pretty much done with it. Also, stop giving us the "coding for Android is difficult" excuse. Other companies manage it efficiently, there's no reason you can't.
I have been looking for other games for my android phone because I am going to start playing DS on an ipad so if you can, could you please point me in the direction of this "certain similar game"? Thanks!

Turpsichore
04-27-13, 12:50 AM
I'm trying for all the diamond hybrids...I finally just got a gold dragon breeding now...Yay me! but I have 41/43 habitats, soon to be 42/43 to build another diamond habitat for my Gold dragon...I'm now DESPERATE for trading/crafting to come to Android. We've been waiting months for this feature and even longer for boosts and other features...what on earth is taking so long? This is hardly fair. The people in charge need to put pressure on the developers to get out a PROPER update to the android version of Dragon Story...not these little teasers that actually make things worse (slower, still same crashing bugs) but a REAL update with Updated features we've asked for coming up 1 year very soon. This is NUTSO guys, come on!
I have 43 habits and I don't even have mythic, cosmic or diamond yet.

I wouldn't mind waiting a few more months for crafting if they would, at least, give us trading. It's getting more and more depressing getting rid of duplicates that could be traded for gems for a measly 100 coins.

Turpsichore
04-27-13, 02:12 AM
And yet another kick in the teeth for Android/Kindle

From Monday iOS are getting a breedable dragon that gives 5 gold a day.

stoogehunter
04-27-13, 02:25 AM
And yet another kick in the teeth for Android/Kindle

From Monday iOS are getting a breedable dragon that gives 5 gold a day.

There is no confirmation that its iOS only, or even that it's breed able.
Stop jumping the ***.

Turpsichore
04-27-13, 03:30 AM
There is no confirmation that its iOS only, or even that it's breed able.
Stop jumping the ***.

No jumping required; some already have it and say it is a gold/pearl hybrid with a 19 hr breed time.

stoogehunter
04-27-13, 03:34 AM
It was accidentally released to a few people. It means nothing. You're just assuming.

Turpsichore
04-27-13, 03:52 AM
It was accidentally released to a few people. It means nothing. You're just assuming.
Okay, I know it's TL we're talking about here but are they REALLY likely to change the parents even after an accidental release?

RotomGuy
04-27-13, 03:56 AM
Okay, I know it's TL we're talking about here but are they REALLY likely to change the parents even after an accidental release?

What does a Pearl Dragon have that's different to a Light Dragon? The combo might just be Light/Air/Diamond.

stoogehunter
04-27-13, 04:03 AM
One person bought it, and one person said they bred it. There is no proof either way. How do you know they are telling the truth?
Plus it could just be a light/air hybrid, or a light/air/diamond hybrid. Or maybe it is only buyable. You are just assuming things without knowing the facts.
Like I said, jumping the ***.

stacy_lou
04-27-13, 04:06 AM
Omg I didnt know ios had soo much more then us, I just thought it was the crafting/trading, storage and album

henrylucky
04-27-13, 04:14 AM
No jumping required; some already have it and say it is a gold/pearl hybrid with a 19 hr breed time.

I'll try Diamond and Griffin

MomsHouseofSweets
04-27-13, 08:26 AM
Omg I didnt know ios had soo much more then us, I just thought it was the crafting/trading, storage and album

Yeah ... SURPRISE!!!

moosehay
04-27-13, 08:41 PM
New update fixed some bugs for me. It is freezes less now ;) . Thanks TL. One issue solved a couple of more to go . He he.

My game runs the same, but I never did have crash issues. I still have serious scroll issues... wish they would fix that at least.

hamadrys
04-28-13, 04:42 AM
The new update created some invisibility issues again. But, I just had to rotate 2 decorations and a habitat and it's good now. So weird !

henrylucky
04-28-13, 04:46 AM
The new update created some invisibility issues again. But, I just had to rotate 2 decorations and a habitat and it's good now. So weird !

My black and pink habitats and Gem cluster don't show up even if I rotate them

salinho
04-28-13, 05:46 AM
I atill haven't updated...is it worth it?

kurebiz
04-28-13, 05:54 AM

No noticeable changes. my device still lags (till it crashes, or I have to restart the app) if I visit too many neighbours.
Don't have that breeding den changes or anything that iOS have.

henrylucky
04-28-13, 06:44 AM
No noticeable changes. my device still lags (till it crashes, or I have to restart the app) if I visit too many neighbours.
Don't have that breeding den changes or anything that iOS have.

I have something that iOS doesn't have, Free gold... But, it's useless on my country, there is no working offer :(

MomsHouseofSweets
04-28-13, 11:56 AM

I haven't either and won't, unless there's actually a reason to. TL hasn't said anything about why there's an update.

hamadrys
04-28-13, 02:19 PM
BlackGryphon, if I understand right, you are playing on Android. I am afraid that the jewel dragons are not available for us. They are only craftable through trading/crafing feature that is only available for IOS at this time. Unless you are referring to something else, I assue that the "jewel ones" are Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Pearl and Topaz.

roni122285
04-28-13, 02:31 PM
BlackGryphon, if I understand right, you are playing on Android. I am afraid that the jewel dragons are not available for us. They are only craftable through trading/crafing feature that is only available for IOS at this time. Unless you are referring to something else, I assue that the "jewel ones" are Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Pearl and Topaz.

Also don't get your hopes up about getting a diamond because they are very difficult and we don't have the diamond temple to increase our odds since as far I know it is also only on ios.

yayacupcake
04-28-13, 02:44 PM
Also don't get your hopes up about getting a diamond because they are very difficult and we don't have the diamond temple to increase our odds since as far I know it is also only on ios.

Doesn't mean it's not obtainable though. I would focus on using combos to get other dragons you want as well and just make sure you have 4 colors in the mix. Should not focus on Diamond, you'll get it eventually as a welcome surprise.

Jury is still out though on the Treasure Dragon on whether we can get that one or not.

DragonTan1
04-28-13, 02:55 PM
Well, guys I'm afraid to post in the wrong thread so I'll try here.
In the ongoing saga of a rookie I have reached level 11!!!!!!! *waits for applause to die down*
I have 9 habitats and 14 dragons-1 fire, 1 forest, 1 air, 1water, 2 life, 2 fruitfuls, 2 wild, 2 mermaid (one is invisible!), an eagle and a firestorm!
I really wanted to get an Island for my island( get it? Lol) but after failing twice and getting the mermaids I gave up. :(
I need the island to put with my firestorm so I can get a diamond right away!
I can't wait! :) and as soon as I get it, the next dragons I am going to breed are all the beautiful diamond hybrids and the jewel ones! Aaaaaaaaand, I'm going to get the fancy buildings as soon as I clear enough room, I don't even have enough room for more farms yet. But I will!
Then when I can afford them I'm gonna buy the flying buildings so my dragons can play with each other since I can't play on other people's islands. Except for the invisible dragon, he can't play games, that would be *****ing! Haha
So, that's my progress and my plans! I will keep you all updated so you can share my fun!

You can use Mermaid and Firestorm to get Diamond too :p

I got all Diamond dragons without the Diamond cave.

I think TD will be for android too because you can breed it.

doop01
04-28-13, 03:10 PM

BlackGryphon, I'm sorry but Hamadrys is right. Android can't have those jewel dragons unless you buy them :( Also, I think the buildings that you are speaking of are probably the trading/crafting etc which are also not available to android users :(
Unfortunately there are other dragons not available to us as well, such as scarecrow and storm.....

MomsHouseofSweets
04-28-13, 03:16 PM
Well, guys I'm afraid to post in the wrong thread so I'll try here.
In the ongoing saga of a rookie I have reached level 11!!!!!!! *waits for applause to die down*
I have 9 habitats and 14 dragons-1 fire, 1 forest, 1 air, 1water, 2 life, 2 fruitfuls, 2 wild, 2 mermaid (one is invisible!), an eagle and a firestorm!
I really wanted to get an Island for my island( get it? Lol) but after failing twice and getting the mermaids I gave up. :(
I need the island to put with my firestorm so I can get a diamond right away!
I can't wait! :) and as soon as I get it, the next dragons I am going to breed are all the beautiful diamond hybrids and the jewel ones! Aaaaaaaaand, I'm going to get the fancy buildings as soon as I clear enough room, I don't even have enough room for more farms yet. But I will!
Then when I can afford them I'm gonna buy the flying buildings so my dragons can play with each other since I can't play on other people's islands. Except for the invisible dragon, he can't play games, that would be *****ing! Haha
So, that's my progress and my plans! I will keep you all updated so you can share my fun!

Uh ... BG ... the "fancy buildings" won't be available to you if you're Android and neither will the "flying buildings. I wish you much luck with getting your Diamond. The Diamond can be pretty difficult and may take a good while with a LOT of waiting. Same with the Diamond hybrids.

lobius
04-28-13, 04:25 PM
frowns im bout to quit playing

lobius
04-28-13, 04:29 PM
battle arena, dragon quest, album, dragon stable, storage, album dragons, dragon tree goals and tree, trade & craft, gemstome dragons, album dragons. are driving me crazy waiting on them when im pretty sure we'll never see them (cries)

roni122285
04-28-13, 04:33 PM
You can use Mermaid and Firestorm to get Diamond too :p

I got all Diamond dragons without the Diamond cave.

I think TD will be for android too because you can breed it.

I wasn't trying to say you need the diamond temple to get it but the diamond and hybrids are especially difficult to get, and with everything splitting it is even harder. I have been trying off and on since the goal came up but after weeks of trying I give up and go on to other dragons I still don't have and come back to it now and then but still haven't been able to get one. I also hope that the TD comes to kindle but I highly doubt it since it's going to be another new dragon type.

codenameraven
04-28-13, 04:35 PM
I am sick of everything costing so much gold and not getting SO MANY things not only the old things like dawn buildings, albums, crafting, gem stone dragons.... I am sure I forgot something.... now I am fed up with battle arenas quest outposts diamond buildings more album dragons treasure caves ... big habitats I can't afford ... decorations I paid gold for that ios can craft... new dragon after dragon with no storage or crafting ... I have about reached my limit this is unacceptable and all the while tl is making the parity BIGGER and still gives us NOTHING OF VALUE OR ANY REAL RESPONSE. Ugggghhh I am done now carry on....

codenameraven
04-28-13, 04:42 PM
I'm 32 and have the small blue ones. For my daughter of course. It just so happens to be near on my desk all of the time.
I know lol I'm 30 and I have some in my house and noisy little buggers for a sling shot and some that are sticky you can throw against the wall lol

MomsHouseofSweets
04-28-13, 04:45 PM
frowns im bout to quit playing

I'm still thinking about that. There isn't any "playing" much anymore, especially since the horrid increase (I have the doubled everything), because you have to wait a day to two days to be able to do anything but collect coins. Very little playing involved anymore. It's all a matter of load game, breed a pair and wait and wait and wait. Not much to it and not much fun anymore, so I'm seriously thinking about it.

kurebiz
04-28-13, 05:07 PM
I'm still thinking about that. There isn't any "playing" much anymore, especially since the horrid increase (I have the doubled everything), because you have to wait a day to two days to be able to do anything but collect coins. Very little playing involved anymore. It's all a matter of load game, breed a pair and wait and wait and wait. Not much to it and not much fun anymore, so I'm seriously thinking about it.

I agree. Only thing I do now is to login, breed, grow food, and collect coins when I remember. And my game is 1:1. I now have 1m food too

hamadrys
04-28-13, 05:33 PM
I finally gave up my hope to see trading and crafting come to Android, so I sold many of the extra dragons that I kept just in case. I needed room, as the new dragons are pouring and the amount of habitats doesn't follow.
And if we get trading and crafting, I'll just breed them again. It sucks to see them go for 100 coins though :(

carlsbad69
04-28-13, 07:03 PM
I finally gave up my hope to see trading and crafting come to Android, so I sold many of the extra dragons that I kept just in case. I needed room, as the new dragons are pouring and the amount of habitats doesn't follow.
And if we get trading and crafting, I'll just breed them again. It sucks to see them go for 100 coins though :(

Yeah, I'm sorry to see my android nbrs treated so poorly on this. They've waited so long and have no significant update at all. :-(

Magikot
04-29-13, 07:54 AM

I agree. Only thing I do now is to login, breed, grow food, and collect coins when I remember. And my game is 1:1. I now have 1m food too

I feel the same way right now. I log in a lot less than I used to. When I do log in half the time I don't even bother to collect my food and replant new food. I am so bored with this game and so disappointed with TL right now. The breeding changes have been the icing on the cake for me. I have tried many different combinations since the changes, I can't seem to breed anything but commons now.

It's not like I expect to get the rares the first try or anything. But these changes are just making it stupidly difficult. Im hanging on to this game by a really thin thread. I'm trying to hang in there and be patient. It's getting increasingly difficult to maintain patience with a game and company that refuses to give any kind of meaningful update.

I'm also curious about the treasure dragon and the fact that not once has a mod or community manger addressed the multiple questions regarding which platform it will be on. Doesn't mean Android won't get it, but when does Android get any of the cool useful features ios gets? It will be interesting to see what happens later.

kms899
04-29-13, 08:23 AM
I spend most of my time with the ios version now, sometime I don't even bother with the android version about collecting coin, I have so many, and nothing to buy with it.

henrylucky
04-29-13, 08:27 AM

Don't stop hoping! There always a way, when there's a hope! I still keep my extra mistmoth, planet, landworm, and another to prepare for trading &.crafting features on android. TL! we're always hoping and patient with all features that will come to us. Please respect us by give them ASAP!

hamadrys
04-29-13, 09:03 AM
I sold so many rares and super rares : 2 Atlantis, 2 Athetic, 2 Eagles, 2 Auroras, 1 Forestfire, 1 Parakeet, 1 Tusker, 1 Laserlight.
I kept all my Mistmoth (4), all my Fairies (3), Fireworks (3) but these won't be traded anyway ;)

henrylucky
04-29-13, 09:11 AM
I sold so many rares and super rares : 2 Atlantis, 2 Athetic, 2 Eagles, 2 Auroras, 1 Forestfire, 1 Parakeet, 1 Tusker, 1 Laserlight.
I kept all my Mistmoth (4), all my Fairies (3), Fireworks (3) but these won't be traded anyway ;)

You record the dragons that you have sold?!

hamadrys
04-29-13, 09:58 AM
I remember as I just did it yesterday. I had them for a long time...

OrdinaryJoe
04-29-13, 10:25 AM
Don't stop hoping! There always a way, when there's a hope! I still keep my extra mistmoth, planet, landworm, and another to prepare for trading &.crafting features on android. TL! we're always hoping and patient with all features that will come to us. Please respect us by give them ASAP!

Is there a list of the dragons that are tradeable? Or are they all tradeable? I thought I read something here where someone said that Mythic couldn't be traded...
Do the different dragons give you different things when you trade them? Is it best to keep multiples of dragons you would want to trade (if Android ever gets the trading)?

stoogehunter
04-29-13, 10:55 AM
Is there a list of the dragons that are tradeable? Or are they all tradeable? I thought I read something here where someone said that Mythic couldn't be traded...
Do the different dragons give you different things when you trade them? Is it best to keep multiples of dragons you would want to trade (if Android ever gets the trading)?

Single element dragons can't be traded, except for night and virtue.

hamadrys
04-29-13, 10:56 AM
I think all dragons are tradeable except the pure colors.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-29-13, 01:43 PM
Treasure dragon is a mess ... a lot of confusion and very little in answers. Surprised? Of course not. Not sure as yet if this dragon is purchase only (not by ME) or if it can be bred. I've asked questions, but only just recently .... no response as yet.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-29-13, 01:56 PM
No TL game will load on my tablet or phone ... perhaps they're off line? Anyone else having the message that TL is an online game ........?

Majingear
04-29-13, 01:57 PM
No TL game will load on my tablet or phone ... perhaps they're off line? Anyone else having the message that TL is an online game ........?

Same here. Maintenance work because of the treasure dragon

kooky panda

The games are down for maintenance. (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?50808-Maintenance-All-Games-4-29-13-1-30PM-PDT)

annbluebird
Treasure dragon is a mess ... a lot of confusion and very little in answers. Surprised? Of course not. Not sure as yet if this dragon is purchase only (not by ME) or if it can be bred. I've asked questions, but only just recently .... no response as yet.

treasure is purchase only
really NOT breedable
and gives 5 gold / day on level 10

hamadrys
04-29-13, 02:00 PM
Which is actually not bad. With 3 neighbors gifting daily, it is guaranteed 8 gold a day.

annbluebird
04-29-13, 02:02 PM
Which is actually not bad. With 3 neighbors gifting daily, it is guaranteed 8 gold a day.

yes but you must first pay 800 gold to get it.. so how many months will it take to get your gold back? I m not good in math

annbluebird
04-29-13, 02:02 PM
yes but you must first pay 800 gold to get it.. so how many months will it take to get your gold back? I m not good in math

100 months?

sweetstuff525
04-29-13, 02:03 PM

it will take almost 3 years

annbluebird
04-29-13, 02:03 PM
100 months?

oooops 100 days

MomsHouseofSweets
04-29-13, 02:08 PM
(sigh) Well, guess I won't have to be bothered with trying for this particular dragon.