PDA

View Full Version : Newbie tips - Don't sell your Dragons from the nest, You lose XPs! Keep your babies!

DestinysChild
04-03-13, 08:15 PM
All along I have made the mistake of selling my excess multiples directly from the nest. Sadly, I eventually realized I had lost XPs by doing that. I could have leveled up much faster if I hadn't made that mistake. Now I am sure to keep excess babies at level one (do not feed) and first sell a baby I have too many of. This makes room for the new dragon and I gain the XPs for placing in the habitat.

Another mistake I made initially was to keep no more that 2 of each kind and sell the rest even if I had room in the habitat. I finally realized I was losing earnings. Now I keep my habitats full regardless of how many multiples there are of one kind of Dragon. Eventually they are replaced by new other breeds.

I am posting this to help those that may be making the same mistake as I did. Especially those just beginning the game wanting to level up faster and earn more coins.
(honestly don't know why it took me so long to realize this :confused:)

kurebiz
04-03-13, 09:14 PM
I thought Androids can now sell eggs off the nest and still get the exp points? Apparently ios got this feature before. Not sure about kindle

DestinysChild
04-03-13, 09:50 PM
Not on my phone (android)

lanadelgaga
04-03-13, 10:14 PM
Yeah I'm an iPhone and I've sold like 10 mists in a row and got to like level 13-15 in seconds

tonguelashing
04-03-13, 10:57 PM
Not on my phone (android)

Make sure you're using the latest version, it does work. Also, even in previous versions, while the XP didn't show right away, you did actually get them. After you sell an egg, and either quit the game and come back, or visit a neighbor and come back, your XP were added to your score.

However, do make sure you're using the latest Android Version which is available in the Google Play store.

bot99
04-04-13, 05:19 AM
I did the same thing on my other acoount.Sold duplicates from the nest & didnt get the experience.At Lvl 50 I realised my mistake.I was wondering why the game was so hard up till then, haven't looked back since.

MajicHearts
04-04-13, 05:28 AM
After the egg has hatched, I sell it. Popup says sell for 100 coins, but watch the XP, they should add up, causing the level to eventually increase. At least, that works for me on my iPad and iPhone games. Also, on Monster Story(iPad & iPhone), when I sell a hatchling, popup says sell for 100 coins plus it shows how many XP I will get. Thanks!

Baraze
04-04-13, 06:02 AM
Id always watch my xp on android and they never add up for me. I was forever looking at it, since I jumped mucho levels on ios due to selling soooo many dragons. On monster i get xp on both formats. Ill have to check dragon easter one more time. But last week I saw nothing.

sweetstuff525
04-04-13, 06:30 AM
On my daughters android using the Easter version it does add up havent tried on the other versions since don't want to upgrade the new dawn for high feeding

But yeah it doesn't say do but she always levels up when she sells dragon right out of nest

impossible85
04-04-13, 06:07 PM
does anyone know how much xp is required to reach lvl 95???

kurebiz
04-04-13, 06:14 PM
does anyone know how much xp is required to reach lvl 95???

There's no 95. 94 is the maximum for now.

tonguelashing
04-04-13, 06:26 PM
There's no 95. 94 is the maximum for now.

There *is* a 95 as the mods have said as much, but it takes like 63million XP or some strange number...at least until they add more levels. I finally broke 1M XP.

cheryllemon
04-06-13, 08:12 AM
I noticed that I get more XP points if I sell the dragon from the nest. I get so many fruitful and corals that as soon as they hatch I sell them. I got 1365 XP points from one coral.

cheryllemon
04-06-13, 08:13 AM
I'm almost at 1,000,000 XP points to and level 95 is no where in sight!

anurulz
04-07-13, 04:55 AM
umm, am on android and have gotten XPs every time i have sold my extras..the number of fails i have had wid the red-yellow combo was enugh to push me from 40 to 43..

kwhales
04-07-13, 05:07 AM
Does it really matter how many XP's you get? Why the rush to get to level 94 then be at that level forever? Isn't it better to look at the earning potential of a dragon, then decide whether to sell it out of the nest or let it hatch (if you have the space) and earn coins from it until you sell it for space?

Now a days, isn't coins more important then XP's? Just think, you can earn coins by letting the dragon hatch. Coins that can be the difference between buying 50 fire apples, or 700 scalypears. Just my thoughts.

QueenAssassin21
04-07-13, 05:31 AM
All along I have made the mistake of selling my excess multiples directly from the nest. Sadly, I eventually realized I had lost XPs by doing that. I could have leveled up much faster if I hadn't made that mistake. Now I am sure to keep excess babies at level one (do not feed) and first sell a baby I have too many of. This makes room for the new dragon and I gain the XPs for placing in the habitat.

Another mistake I made initially was to keep no more that 2 of each kind and sell the rest even if I had room in the habitat. I finally realized I was losing earnings. Now I keep my habitats full regardless of how many multiples there are of one kind of Dragon. Eventually they are replaced by new other breeds.

I am posting this to help those that may be making the same mistake as I did. Especially those just beginning the game wanting to level up faster and earn more coins.
(honestly don't know why it took me so long to realize this :confused:)

Thanks didn't know this. I kept getting the same dragon and just sold it as soon as it hatched because I didn't want anymore of the same dragon. Will definitely not do it again if I'm losing XP. :-)