PDA

View Full Version : Newest version for Android?

poppasmum
04-03-13, 01:16 PM
Hello all,

Is the most up to date version of RS for Android RS Carnivals?

Thankies ^.^

cherryberry9
04-03-13, 03:37 PM
I think so but you might want kooky or someone to answer that for you, they'd know better.

kooky panda
04-03-13, 04:07 PM
The current version is 1.5.5.4 so any of the games with this version number should be current. (under menu-help-small number at the bottom)

freesiawoods
04-04-13, 07:10 PM
I have been playing the Christmas version since i havent mastered the exclusive recipes it carries. Today i get popups saying this version is no longer supported and i need to use the latest version to get gems.

Does anyone know if this means on Android that even mastering the recipes and doing the new goals wont earn me gems on the older versions??? I hope not but hope someone can give a definite answer.

wingus
04-04-13, 11:55 PM
I had the same pop-up on the V-Day version I was using. I loved that version and very sad that they took it away. Mind you, it did have a lot of glitches. I'm now using Carnivals version.

I'm very interested in the answers to your questions! I wasn't sure what they meant by not earning gems anymore.

bestrest777
04-05-13, 10:47 AM
I am using carnivals and i get the same pop up.....it wants me to install the old regular version????

kooky panda
04-05-13, 10:56 AM
I am using carnivals and i get the same pop up.....it wants me to install the old regular version????

I would say they are sending out this message to get players to start going back to the regular version of the game because this version will be removed down the line.
The version numbers are the same, so you can keep playing Carnival, but you may want to make sure you have the regular game installed, so if they put out an update for the regular version, you will be notified of any update if you have your
device set to download or notify you of updates to your current applications.

jojopeanut
04-05-13, 11:22 AM
I have been playing the Christmas version since i havent mastered the exclusive recipes it carries. Today i get popups saying this version is no longer supported and i need to use the latest version to get gems.

Does anyone know if this means on Android that even mastering the recipes and doing the new goals wont earn me gems on the older versions??? I hope not but hope someone can give a definite answer.

I got this messeage on FAshion version of the games Android of course I did place some of my clothing orders out and I did infact earn gem.

nky1111
04-05-13, 11:31 AM
they mean to buy gems , not to get them lol)))))

rupertsmom1
04-05-13, 11:40 AM
I just got this message too....came right here...lol

kimikayyz
04-05-13, 12:00 PM
Carnival, Valentine's, Christmas, and Thanksgiving versions are all 1.5.5.4 and so is the "current" version...the plain Jane one. It looks like you can still play in the special versions, but it may be a week before they remove them or it could be a month. I wouldn't count on having a lot of time to play them...

I've also just checked the current plain jane version that I just downloaded from google play, and the recipes from those holiday versions and the carnival version appear to all still be there. So you should be able to master it all in your own time. I'd just make it as quick as you can...just in case they get removed when those versions finally do go away all together.

nky1111
04-05-13, 01:36 PM
you can play them until their servers crumble to dust))) I can still run fashion 1.0 (!!!) and theres no freakin' difference))) except there were placeholders for yet invisible pictures and now they're gone lol

MizCricket
04-05-13, 01:51 PM
I'm getting version msg in RS and BS too despite running the latest versions. I think somebody screwed something up. When I got the msg yesterday in FS Thanksgiving version, it made sense. It makes no sense for these two games.

kooky panda
04-05-13, 01:51 PM
you can play them until their servers crumble to dust))) I can still run fashion 1.0 (!!!) and theres no freakin' difference))) except there were placeholders for yet invisible pictures and now they're gone lol
Playing outdated versions of the games is not advised. You could experience issues and problems with your games.

poisonoushades
04-05-13, 02:12 PM
I still play older ones to master things I never got a chance to in the past. They all work just fine.

CuteTali
04-05-13, 05:54 PM
I actually just downloaded an older version of one of the games a few days ago and it was so much fun going back and seeing all the holiday items they put so much work into to make for us. I ended buying a bunch of stuff that I didn't buy much of during the holidays and I thought it was a great opportunity to enjoy the holiday version again, maybe even go back and master the catalogues that I didn't get a chance to back then. They release so much content around the holidays that sometimes there's not enough time to enjoy it all before it gets removed or they release a newer version that they want us to install.

freesiawoods
04-06-13, 02:49 AM
Good news; i just earned a gem for passing a level on Morning Cheer. So i guess i can still work on those recipes :)

hungryres
04-06-13, 10:25 AM
Good news; i just earned a gem for passing a level on Morning Cheer. So i guess i can still work on those recipes :)

on which version we can still cook morning cheer???

I had been using carnival until todays afternoon. I re installed regular version after receiving the pop up.
but regular version seems to take a significant longer amount of time to load..
not sure if that is my device problem... I tried to restart my device, and everytime I try opening the regular version, the logo seem to linger much longer on my screen than the last couple of special edition game..

bestrest777
04-06-13, 01:09 PM
It does take a long time to load the regular version, I am not sure why but it is much longer than any other teamlava game.

hungryres
04-07-13, 07:30 AM
not only did it takes much longer for regular version to load, it lagged somtimes. and flicker when i tried to tap on appliances to cook once today. (weird flicker of a large green square that i havent expereinced before)
:(

freesiawoods
04-07-13, 09:55 AM
on which version we can still cook morning cheer???

I had been using carnival until todays afternoon. I re installed regular version after receiving the pop up.
but regular version seems to take a significant longer amount of time to load..
not sure if that is my device problem... I tried to restart my device, and everytime I try opening the regular version, the logo seem to linger much longer on my screen than the last couple of special edition game..
Christmas version

cherryberry9
04-07-13, 10:05 AM
Carnival version keeps saying its no longer supported.

hungryres
04-08-13, 11:24 PM
Christmas version

thanks.
there were a few removed receipe that i havent mastered yet (too little applicances by that time)

the latest regular version really sucks.
besides it seems to take a long long time to load the game, pop up saying that the programme does not response always appear (asking me to either wait/ close/ report), everytime I tried to use the regular version!!

wingus
04-09-13, 12:27 AM
the latest regular version really sucks.
besides it seems to take a long long time to load the game, pop up saying that the programme does not response always appear (asking me to either wait/ close/ report), everytime I tried to use the regular version!!

Totally agree. I was playing the V-Day version and then the Carnival version when V-day was pulled. Both of those were MUCH better than the regular version. Apart from taking an excruciatingly long time to start the game, it takes up lots of RAM, is slow to load neighbours restaurants (and even my own when I return to it), the bots and cashiers look really ugly and there is no pretty streetscape!! LOL

TL, please bring back the other versions, or at least fix up the regular version!!!

DaojinWildfire
04-09-13, 06:36 PM
If you're experiencing game issues on Android, please update to Restaurant Story 1.5.5.7 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49632-Android-Restaurant-Story-1.5.5.7). If you're still experiencing any issues after updating, please let us know in the linked thread. Thanks!

wingus
04-10-13, 12:45 AM
Thank you DaojinWildfire! All my complaints have been fixed with the update. All except the fact that I can't read emoji anymore, but that's kinda minor. Thanks again from one happy camper. :D

kangakiwi
04-15-13, 01:27 PM
I tried loading the original RS when this message came up on Christmas version but it wouldn't even open. loaded carnival, now getting the not supported message. crashing often so loaded the original again, it opened and crashed. ARRRG