PDA

View Full Version : Stop introducing new dragons!!

legobil
04-02-13, 10:37 PM
I mean really, been playing since early days, am among the lucky ones who have a diamond dragon. I don't however have 5000 gold to spend and there is no way to keep up with this ridiculous amount of new breeding possibilities.

I have a grand total of 2 pink hybrids, one from a goal, not a single one black hybrid and haven't had a chance to try for the mythics... And it seems like almost EVERY DAY there is a new dragon, "start breeding now" and there is no way to keep up.. I even put those holiday ones on hold since it didn't seem they would go away then BAM 2 days and chocolate is gone...

I'm seriously losing interest in this game...

cedkugedchgd
04-02-13, 10:41 PM
yeah start investing more time in monster story! xD

stepfanie5139
04-02-13, 11:31 PM
I'm in a similar situation! I've been playing for a LONG time and only had ~10 dragons to go for awhile there. Since the release of the black dragons, I've only been able to get the night dragon and the St. Patty's day one. It's getting very boring when I can't even get a rare hybrid... These breeds are taking longer than it took to get my diamond! I'm seriously considering retiring my game...

FlamingInferno
04-03-13, 02:20 AM
I feel the same way since new dragons came out and I thought Valentine dragons were gonna stay for a long while so I kept focusing on the Win 5000 Gold! That when I realized that Valentine's getting limited I was rushing to breed a cupid dragon cause I still don't have one. Android users I don't think it's a good idea to rush on new dragons cause it's so frustrating

WendyCroy
04-03-13, 02:36 AM
I am seriously losing interest in that game since the introducing of the new dragons : Pink, Dark and Mythic. It's now my 100th breeding of these splitting dragons and all I got are Justice and Chocolate... without speeding them, so since months...
TL obviously changed the success ratio, I get Common dragons much often than before.
I keep playing just not to lose contact with my neighbors, who help me to expand the island.
2 dragons a week is great, when you can follow the rythm, and I can say that my breeding nest is always working.
Having a new dragon now becomes too hard, It's not fun anymore.

I am not a player that spends thousand gold and real money in this game. By introducing these 2 dragons each week, TL aims those kind of players, totally addictive, and with an endless money purse.
I've read that some players spent at least 1.000 dollars on this game.
That's the cost of a new TV, a new game machine and the games that come with it...(same for PC and MMORPG).

kwhales
04-03-13, 03:21 AM
I don't mind the introduction of new dragons. I think it's great for players who need them.

What I don't like is the introduction of new dragons that are extremely hard to get, disappear before you had time to get them and have unforsaken breeding times (either long or the same as fails).

If they think we will by more gold to get new dragons, they are wrong. It discourages me to buy gold to speed up firestorm after firestorm.

kurebiz
04-03-13, 04:09 AM
I don't mind the introduction of new dragons. I think it's great for players who need them.

What I don't like is the introduction of new dragons that are extremely hard to get, disappear before you had time to get them and have unforsaken breeding times (either long or the same as fails).

If they think we will by more gold to get new dragons, they are wrong. It discourages me to buy gold to speed up firestorm after firestorm.

agreed!
I think the trick is not to get overwhelmed by the new release of dragons and prioritize. If you spend so much time chasing contest dragons at the expense of seasonal/limited ones, then you can't really blame TL..
Personally, seasonal dragons will always be my priority.

kms899
04-03-13, 04:39 AM
I agree with most of the statement stated above, if TL does introduce more dragon, please allow more time for contest and the availablity of them, make them a little easier to obtain, and release them for both platform at the same time.

hamadrys
04-03-13, 04:40 AM
agreed!
I think the trick is not to get overwhelmed by the new release of dragons and prioritize. If you spend so much time chasing contest dragons at the expense of seasonal/limited ones, then you can't really blame TL..
I second that. I must admit that when the black dragons were released, I wanted to try for that and stopped caring about the seasonal for a bit. It was a mistake. Getting the seasonal is the only way to be stress free when the timer appears. Once the seasonals are out of the way, it opens the door to breed whatever you like. Thing is, Valentine was nuts with seasonals that were/are hard to get... I spent so much time on Passion, it is ridiculeous. I still don't have it ! After getting Chocolate, I am back to trying. After that, I'll need Easter and then I can try for the ones I want.

sweetstuff525
04-03-13, 04:57 AM
I have a pink hybrids
Only the night dragon none of its hybrids
No mythic and no hybrids
No Easter and no clover yet

Last "new" dragon I added to my collection was amethyst and that's because it was craftable

coolgamegirl27
04-03-13, 05:18 AM
I do agree with what is being said here,but do we want DS to go the same way as MS.I also have been playing since the beginning and remember the day when new dragons were few and far between. I'm glad TL are eventually putting some effort into developing this game. I think the problem is the difficulty in breeding the new dragons. There are too many probabilities, for example the Night/Pink/Mythic dragons should count as one colour when breeding with others, like Magic is.

stepfanie5139
04-03-13, 05:55 AM
I do agree with what is being said here,but do we want DS to go the same way as MS.I also have been playing since the beginning and remember the day when new dragons were few and far between. I'm glad TL are eventually putting some effort into developing this game. I think the problem is the difficulty in breeding the new dragons. There are too many probabilities, for example the Night/Pink/Mythic dragons should count as one colour when breeding with others, like Magic is.

Yes, you're exactly right! The updates would be great, if I was able to get one of them... It seems that the breeding probabilities have changed, more so than just from increased fail numbers. Previously, I would be getting one or two of the dragons I was breeding every week or so. This seems like a reasonable pace. But now, I have only gotten two out of the last 15 or so released! The waiting and constant fails makes me not want to play...

DragonTan1
04-03-13, 06:16 AM
I haven't been playing that long, about a month and a half... but new dragons don't bother me and old players deserve to have a new challenge.
I just got Night dragon in the den and I didn't want it before because I was saving 2 million for the habitat. I was going to try for Night after I got 3 million, but then seasonal dragons had a timer so I chased them and got them all but while trying to get Fireworks I got Mythic. I saved 6 million for the habitat and I haven't been able to get Atlas or Medusa so I stopped trying for now.

Also, while trying for a Pink hybrid with Tiny and Fruitful I got my first Diamond, and yesterday I got Crusader, Gold & Quetzal so finally now I can start on the black dragons.

There is plenty of time for me to get different kinds of dragons, just because it was just released, or has a sweepstake it doesn't mean you have to get it right now! Take your time and enjoy it, no need to rush... unless you're after a seasonal dragon :P

accisse
04-03-13, 06:43 AM
The way to be less stressed about the timer is definitely prioritizing seasonal dragons and ignoring the rest, even if it means forsaking gold contests.

That said, I've been trying to get all the valentines dragons since they came out and even after so long I'm still missing passion! (The only break I took was to breed a night dragon, so that I could try to get cupid from breeding night+fire. And also to get a virtue so that I could breed a chocolate dragon.) So I agree with everyone that it's been frustrating ever since they changed the breeding ratios. Common dragons never used to be this common.

jennyh30
04-03-13, 07:27 AM
They start releasing two a week and then the seasonals become limited. So I'm ignoring the new ones and trying to get all the ones that are going (but failing - I got a snowman but not an elf or a firework or chocolate). And I only have the commons and a few rares of the normal hybrids, no superrares so I have loads I still want to get

sollia
04-03-13, 07:45 AM
I have to say I like all the new dragons. I was worried that I would run out of new ones, though that was certainly far off.

I'd rather have an overwhelming amount of new dragons than an underwhelming few.

wimsical
04-03-13, 07:55 AM
I think one reason why new dragons are so hard to get is that there are so many fail dragons you could get. That, and the breeding chances changed. I don't mind all the new dragons, I just wish people could get them. That, and their actually AVAILABLE to me( kindle fire user)

NouraMoh
04-03-13, 08:11 AM
Why not go back to releasing a new dragon once a week ?!
It was perfect!
It gave us plenty of time to breed, feed and evolve it to epic before the next dragon is out!

I used to be 100/100 dragons and all of them were epic except my beautiful babies
Now I'm missing DA, Medusa and Atlas and most of my new dragons are level 7,8,9
I can't seem to be able to feed them and get them to epic before a new one is released
So I stop feeding them and start saving food for the new dragon!

I say let's start a poll and make TL listen to what we want

yayacupcake
04-03-13, 08:52 AM
I could use a break myself. What really gets me though is the Chocolate Dragon, when it was initially introduced it don't remember seeing anything saying it was a seasonal dragon, it definitely didn't seem like it was tied to a holiday so I never went after it. I was checking a couple weeks ago at the egg chart and noticed the Seasonal flag on it, I just finished up getting Easter about a week ago or so... before they announce it was going bye-bye and starting trying for a pink dragon.... so far I think I've had 4 Tuskers, 2 Laserlights and a mass swarm ( think 15+ ) loves.... no 33 hour timer... so it looks like I'll be missing this one. I probably would've pushed harder on this one had I known it was Seasonal and would be going away....

I would rather have the Android missing features than new dragons honestly... I think I have ( on just Eagles alone ) 5 - 6 level 10 Eagles and about 5 - 6 level 9 Eagles ready to go to 10.... 1 dragon a week would be nice...

kurebiz
04-03-13, 08:57 AM
Maybe they can change the rate they release new dragon - back to once a week. But I think the issue on the splitting of colours issue is here to stay. Because right now, some droid users are already having difficulties visiting heavily decorated iOS islands. If they go back to the old method of creating dragons (common/rare/super rare), there will be far too many dragons, and they can't keep increasing the habitat for play-ability sake. maybe they could change back the rates but apart from that, I don't think there will be much changes to the kind of dragons that they will release in future..

Delforce
04-03-13, 09:03 AM
Wasn't long ago lots of ppl were wanting more updates, more dragons and new colors. Lots wanted black etc. ppl were complaining about getting bored and/or losing interest in game due to lack of challenges and same old dragons etc etc etc.

Now your complaining about getting too much?!? Seriously?

Like the saying goes, " Careful what you wish for cause it might not be what you actually want ".
That's my opinion anyway :D

Please Note: This is NOT directed at kindle and android players. You guys have legitimate complaints. It's unfair you don't get same updates at same time as iOS and I hope that gets fixed ASAP.

SneakyCatMeow
04-03-13, 09:05 AM
Why not go back to releasing a new dragon once a week ?!
It was perfect!
It gave us plenty of time to breed, feed and evolve it to epic before the next dragon is out!

I used to be 100/100 dragons and all of them were epic except my beautiful babies
Now I'm missing DA, Medusa and Atlas and most of my new dragons are level 7,8,9
I can't seem to be able to feed them and get them to epic before a new one is released
So I stop feeding them and start saving food for the new dragon!

I say let's start a poll and make TL listen to what we want

Can someone please actually make a poll. I play this app within a group of about 15 friends who play it all the time. And half have lost interest now due to the insane amount of dragons available from simple combinations for the new dragons :( Most have been playing since the game started too. Fair enough that TL wants money so they release more dragons, but making them split so much is ridiculous and no one is going to pay for alot of gold if they have so many chances at getting the same boring common dragons. Ewwww.

Glad they are finally getting rid of the seasonal ones though, less breeding outcomes yay.

Delforce
04-03-13, 09:07 AM
I could use a break myself.....

...I would rather have the Android missing features than new dragons honestly... I think I have ( on just Eagles alone ) 5 - 6 level 10 Eagles and about 5 - 6 level 9 Eagles ready to go to 10.... 1 dragon a week would be nice...
Why keep so many eagles? Just curious to know

Delforce
04-03-13, 09:11 AM
Can someone please actually make a poll. I play this app within a group of about 15 friends who play it all the time. And half have lost interest now due to the insane amount of dragons available from simple combinations for the new dragons :( Most have been playing since the game started too. Fair enough that TL wants money so they release more dragons, but making them split so much is ridiculous and no one is going to pay for alot of gold if they have so many chances at getting the same boring common dragons. Ewwww.

Glad they are finally getting rid of the seasonal ones though, less breeding outcomes yay.

I agree, they split too much. At least it will decrease a ill bit once seasonals gone.
I love the new dragons but hate the insane splits. Lol

aceblade
04-03-13, 09:11 AM
I have absolutely NO problem with the new dragons.

I would like time to collect them before they become Limited though.
:)

Delforce
04-03-13, 09:14 AM
I have to say I like all the new dragons. I was worried that I would run out of new ones, though that was certainly far off.

I'd rather have an overwhelming amount of new dragons than an underwhelming few.
Exactly, lol. I haven't been playing long but I was running out of dragons.

yayacupcake
04-03-13, 09:19 AM
Why keep so many eagles? Just curious to know

Android doesn't have trading portal yet, so I been stockpiling as many Rares / Super Rares as possible to break down when we get the feature. And since TL has decided to make Pumpkin, Easter Dragon + Mythic dragons Red / Yellow, I been getting tons of them. Took me about 40+ tries to get my Pumpkin dragon alone, then we have Easter dragon red / yellow, and after I get a Pink dragon it's back to red / yellow for Mythic.

Delforce
04-03-13, 09:35 AM
Android doesn't have trading portal yet, so I been stockpiling as many Rares / Super Rares as possible to break down when we get the feature. And since TL has decided to make Pumpkin, Easter Dragon + Mythic dragons Red / Yellow, I been getting tons of them. Took me about 40+ tries to get my Pumpkin dragon alone, then we have Easter dragon red / yellow, and after I get a Pink dragon it's back to red / yellow for Mythic.
I hope you get trading portal ASAP. Dragons only need to be lvl 4 to be traded. You don't get extra in trade from epics. Just letting you know in case u didnt know :D
I wasn't playing when they had pumpkin, I missed out on that and thanksgiving :(

Delforce
04-03-13, 09:36 AM

Oops...forgot to say thanks for fast answer :D
Thankyou

yayacupcake
04-03-13, 10:04 AM
Thankyou

Meh, I never drop below 200,000 food and I have about 20+ dragons all ready to evolve to epic form. I think I may have to start hatching commons and level them to level 4 soon as I'm running out of Super Rares and Rares. I'm at habitat cap too.... hopefully we get trading portals soon.

yayacupcake
04-03-13, 10:05 AM
Thankyou

Oh and You're Welcome. How dare I forget my manners!

Delforce
04-03-13, 10:14 AM
Meh, I never drop below 200,000 food and I have about 20+ dragons all ready to evolve to epic form. I think I may have to start hatching commons and level them to level 4 soon as I'm running out of Super Rares and Rares. I'm at habitat cap too.... hopefully we get trading portals soon.

200,000 FOOD??? WOW, I never manage to keep 20,000. Lol I'm feeding dragons as soon as its made. But I only been playing since beginning February, lol. :D 1 day I will be able to save up food, 1 day :D

Haleygrove
04-03-13, 10:20 AM
I bred adult water and a teenager magic[level4,5,6]and got night dragon add Haleygrove pls reply!

Haleygrove
04-03-13, 10:22 AM
I started this game on November 4 2012 im on lvl 35

Baraze
04-03-13, 10:30 AM
This argument is been there, done that. On android I have only two pink hybrids. I dont worry about what comes out. It gives you something to look forward to. Go for the dragons you personally like first and stop worrying about how many are still available for you to get.

When I did this last november it perked the game up for me and give me a bunch of personal goals. By time february came id attained all of the dragons. Then the blacks came and it all went downhill from there.....

Dont even get me started on the mythic ones.

Cyclohexane
04-03-13, 11:04 AM
I agree! Why are so many dragons being introduced when Android cannot even sell all the duplicates yet; never mind crafting. We could at least get the trading bin to start stock piling gems and make room for new dragons. Instead of TL working on getting all platforms to the same level, they constantly introduce new content.

New content is great when it does not expire. I still do not have a diamond and never even get to try anymore because I'm always chasing after a new dragon.

Get Android players up to speed and then introduce new dragons Those guys could be working on something else. We have 111 pages (to date) of complaints. Here us!

salinho
04-03-13, 02:16 PM

Hear ye, hear ye!

agreed!
I do believe the key is to try and get those that are seasonal or limited. Focusing on one dragon at a time, or maybe an extra one for the sake of variation.
I had only tried for chocolate once or maybe twice since its release, but when the first timer (for snowman) came up, i eventually decided to try for it and got it after about 3 tries. I think I got all the other seasonals on my main account, so I'm good for the time being.

badger8
04-03-13, 03:25 PM
All the new releases would be easier to take- even fun- if they weren't so dang hard to get. The only new dragon I've gotten in the last month has been night. Can't get any of the hybrids. Decided to go for Easter or Mythic. I'm up to at least 15 firestorms in a row regardless of the combo I use.
I'm level 94 & been playing for a long time, but fun is disappearing from this game fast.

mamareader02
04-03-13, 03:51 PM
Have up a long time ago trying to keep up,I just choose to attempt to breed the dragon I want most(currently it's the black diamond hybrid(2 weeks in,all I get are water and wizard)

luv2wander
04-03-13, 05:18 PM
I don't mind the number of new dragons, I mind how hard they are to get. I am level 94, so I have been playing a while. In the last few weeks I have not managed to get a pink hybrid, a black hybrid, an Easter, or a mythic. The pink and black dragons just break down into their base elements and all I get with fire and air if firestorm after firestorm with an occasional eagle. It has been at least 3 weeks since I got anything I was trying for. I am beginning to wonder why I bother to try.

MazReptile
04-03-13, 05:27 PM
I want it to go back to a dragon a week. The album is annoying. If you trade / sell a dragon it goes from your album too, so if you want it in your album you have to breed for it again :/
I'm not gonna bother trying for a mythic just yet, I think 6 million for a habitat is ridiculous, and so are most dragons to get that I'm slowly giving up breeding for new ones and then to feed them loads of apples :( I'm level 94 and I find this an annoying issue o.O

sand
04-03-13, 05:40 PM
It took me a while to get used to 2 contests (and new dragons) a week instead of one. On the one hand, we have harder breeds in a shorter contest window; on the other hand, it puts us out of our misery sooner and produces a smaller pool of entrants.
Of course we're going to still try for any dragon we don't have, contests aside, but I also think it's not the end of the world if a particular dragon eludes you forever.
Is it really all that terrible if a seasonal dragon escapes your grasp? It's no different from those seasonals that came and left before you even started playing. Missing seasonals don't leave a gap in your album because its slot is removed if you don't have the dragon by the time its breeding is terminated.
As for the den-busting black, pink, mythic and diamond hybrids -- the long list of possible children often means that trying for these tough breeds may fill in gaps with other missing dragons. This is a positive side effect for those still missing many dragons. If you're NOT missing many dragons (I ran into a neighbor last night who had every dragon - including Atlas - except Dark Angel), then please don't complain that there are too many new ones. If you're tired of chasing new breeds, give your den a break and let the rest of us enjoy the game.

sand
04-03-13, 05:51 PM
When we are guaranteed to get any dragon within a week of trying; when breeding is so easy that no dragon presents a real challenge; when updates are so infrequent that there's hardly anything new to see or do; when everybody's island looks the same because everybody quickly gets everything; I will sell all my dragons & habitats and spell out "BORED TO DEATH" in 10-coin stone paths.

funnyrandomness5112
04-03-13, 05:52 PM
When we are guaranteed to get any dragon within a week of trying; when breeding is so easy that no dragon presents a real challenge; when updates are so infrequent that there's hardly anything new to see or do; when everybody's island looks the same because everybody quickly gets everything; I will sell all my dragons & habitats and spell out "BORED TO DEATH" in 10-coin stone paths.

I Agree! I Will with you!

Delforce
04-03-13, 06:08 PM
I NEED MORE NEW DRAGONS!!!
I have 7 dragons left to breed.
5 of em are diamond hybrids...lol
Origami and Medusa are the other 2 I need.
Ohhh tomorrow is Thursday... :D

Delforce
04-03-13, 06:11 PM
OMG I totally agree with you. You have put my thoughts into nice words, ( I had tried, I swear ),Well said :D

sapphirecross
04-03-13, 08:18 PM
The point is to breed the dragons. If you try for weeks for a specific dragon and can't get it, then it gets removed, that's not the same as dragons that were taken out if the game before you started playing. Not getting one seasonal after another and then they expire feels like a huge waste of time to even play the game. Especially if all you get is 10 commons in a row that you sell off. Way way way too many dragons expiring. Those of you who got all the seasonals were lucky - not everyone has, even after months of trying for one seasonal after another, and it is frustrating. If you didn't get a few dragons you wanted in the last month and the timer ran out, would you feel differently?

Delforce
04-03-13, 10:38 PM
Probably not. I would shrug and think to myself " oh well...you win some, you lose some ", then would move onto something else.
If I get a dragon I don't want I sell it. If I got every dragon I went for I would get bored fast.
But each to their own :D

sand
04-03-13, 11:03 PM
The point is to breed the dragons. … If you didn't get a few dragons you wanted in the last month and the timer ran out, would you feel differently?

Definitely not. I tried without success for Snowman, Elf and something else that recently got yanked (see, I've forgotten it already). It actually came as a relief to have those empty spots removed from my album.
I got the Valentine and St Patrick's dragons by chasing the limited-time goals and contests. Easter? Psshh! After a thundering herd of Firestorms, I'm probably never gonna get that one. AND… THAT'S… JUST… FINE!
I think the point is to TRY to breed the dragons, and to have fun trying.

opanugie
04-03-13, 11:21 PM
i think it a challenge to breed all the dragons but also stressful to get all in a short time, now i haven't diamond, diamond hybrid, pink hybrid and black hybrid, also Planet, Mismoth, Super, Leopard, Tusker ... even i already on lvl 94

Delforce
04-03-13, 11:49 PM
Definitely not. I tried without success for Snowman, Elf and something else that recently got yanked (see, I've forgotten it already). It actually came as a relief to have those empty spots removed from my album.
I got the Valentine and St Patrick's dragons by chasing the limited-time goals and contests. Easter? Psshh! After a thundering herd of Firestorms, I'm probably never gonna get that one. AND… THAT'S… JUST… FINE!
I think the point is to TRY to breed the dragons, and to have fun trying.

Very Well Said.

I got some surprise breeds from trying for atlas. Easter was 1 of em. Lots of left/right hearts, ( can't wait for those to go ), and cupids. Didn't need them, but was surprised.
:D

Delforce
04-03-13, 11:51 PM
i think it a challenge to breed all the dragons but also stressful to get all in a short time, now i haven't diamond, diamond hybrid, pink hybrid and black hybrid, also Planet, Mismoth, Super, Leopard, Tusker ... even i already on lvl 94

Don't give up, experiment. Throw in dragons you wouldnt normally think of to breed. Have fun with it, don't stress :)

legobil
04-04-13, 02:29 AM
Wow, lots of valid and good points in here... Some really made me sound whiny -_- I blame my flu/fever... I'm gonna take another aspirin now and shut my trap...

DragonTan1
04-04-13, 02:44 AM

I got Diamond, Gold, Quatzel & Crusader in a day... keep trying, you'll get it evetually!

DragonTan1
04-04-13, 02:45 AM
*eventually

Delforce
04-04-13, 04:51 AM
Wow, lots of valid and good points in here... Some really made me sound whiny -_- I blame my flu/fever... I'm gonna take another aspirin now and shut my trap...

Not at all actually. You made a post to vent ur frustration, totally understandable. Your entitled to have a rant every now and then :D
The whiners really stand out, you can't miss em, lol. Your not 1 of em :D
Hope you feel better. Having flu is shocking. It seems to make the smallest things aggravating. I myself have flu and I know I get snappy over anything. E.g. A fly landed on my foot and after shooing it off, it returned. I snapped and used a whole can of spray on it, lol

moostermine
04-04-13, 05:02 AM
I NEED MORE NEW DRAGONS!!!
I have 7 dragons left to breed.
5 of em are diamond hybrids...lol
Origami and Medusa are the other 2 I need.
Ohhh tomorrow is Thursday... :D
It's new dragon day! I hope you get new ones! You are way ahead of me! But I don't mind needing 20, just means the game will last longer!

sand
04-04-13, 05:57 AM
Mythic & Serpent for Atlas. But -- 7 hours? What's this? Another new dragon? Yes and no; it must be Forestfire at long last! Hah! Mythic & Aurora dropped Mindvolt yesterday. Also new for me. Here I am on Level 91, elated at finally getting long-missing breeds instead of a tough new dragon! See? Now THAT'S what it all about!

…Five hours before the next new dragon and contest. Bring it, TeamLava!

Delforce
04-04-13, 06:33 AM
It's new dragon day! I hope you get new ones! You are way ahead of me! But I don't mind needing 20, just means the game will last longer!

Got origami so now down to 6, lol. I really hope a new 1 is released. It's only diamond hybrids and medusa I need at the moment :D

Delforce
04-04-13, 06:35 AM
Mythic & Serpent for Atlas. But -- 7 hours? What's this? Another new dragon? Yes and no; it must be Forestfire at long last! Hah! Mythic & Aurora dropped Mindvolt yesterday. Also new for me. Here I am on Level 91, elated at finally getting long-missing breeds instead of a tough new dragon! See? Now THAT'S what it all about!

…Five hours before the next new dragon and contest. Bring it, TeamLava!
I felt same way when I FINALLY got athletic at lvl 94 :D
I had lvl'd up really fast and didnt try for it b4 I reached lvl 10, lol

topherocious
04-04-13, 06:57 AM
I'm neutral to releasing two new dragons a week. On one hand I'm like "Ahhh! Must get!!" and then on the other "Woah, slow down! I still don't have the other one!"

But as of last night, I finally got Dark Angel. So I have all the dragons and I'm looking forward to a new one today. (:

Delforce
04-04-13, 07:11 AM
I'm neutral to releasing two new dragons a week. On one hand I'm like "Ahhh! Must get!!" and then on the other "Woah, slow down! I still don't have the other one!"

But as of last night, I finally got Dark Angel. So I have all the dragons and I'm looking forward to a new one today. (:
Congrats on DA. That's 1 of the 5 diamond hybrids I need :)

topherocious
04-04-13, 09:32 AM
Congrats on DA. That's 1 of the 5 diamond hybrids I need :)

Thank you! I got the 23hr time and was expecting a Night, and then bam! DA! I was thrilled :D
Good luck to you!

cakeandpie
04-04-13, 10:36 AM
I am glad to see I'm not the only one having a really hard time getting some of these new "rare" dragons. I finally got my first black hybrid (bat) just a few days ago after trying for about a month (or whatever it's been since the black dragon was first released). I thought I was just having ridiculously bad luck (in all that time I didn't even get a rare or super-rare that I didn't already have!!) but I guess everyone is. I'm not even bothering to try for mythic or any super-rares. If they happen, they happen.

I'm also at level 94 and haven't gotten diamond or infinity. I haven't tried as aggressively as many here, as it seems like an exercise in futility. Still, I try to put four colors into the den as often as I can as long as I want other hybrids of those colors. So far no luck. I'm saving gold but I'm only at 500. Maybe in a few years!?

I, too, would prefer that TL slow down on introducing new dragons. It'll take me years just to collect the ones there already are! And the prices to actually buy them are insane.

drevo77
04-04-13, 11:36 AM
Im still savin me coins only 3 million more to go... You goin to have to wait a few weeks mythic egg. Lol

wildhearts20
04-04-13, 12:20 PM
OMG so glad I'm not the only one, I've been trying for justice for weeks because I want him for the quest post but I keep getting tusker, which is supposed to be super rare. Not for me! Everytime i put red or white near each other I don't want to look because I know it's going to be another 21 hour fail :P

kwhales
04-04-13, 02:38 PM
Breeding is so off kilter. I can't get mythic or any red yellow hybrid except firestorm and other people are getting everything yellow red. But for justice, I
put in virtue and ruby and got justice second try. Breeding is so mixed up.

lotusthreads
04-04-13, 03:04 PM
I'm another one who would prefer one one new dragon a week. Two dragons a week is insane, there are so many dragons that I haven't been able to get the last couple of months, and there never seems to be any time to go back and try and breed the ones that you are missing. For me, the game is becoming boring and frustrating, so not sure how much longer I will be playing. It is so obvious that tl are gearing their games only to those who are prepared to buy lots of gold to get every dragon as it comes out.

katbtodd
04-05-13, 06:28 AM
I mean really, been playing since early days, am among the lucky ones who have a diamond dragon. I don't however have 5000 gold to spend and there is no way to keep up with this ridiculous amount of new breeding possibilities.

I have a grand total of 2 pink hybrids, one from a goal, not a single one black hybrid and haven't had a chance to try for the mythics... And it seems like almost EVERY DAY there is a new dragon, "start breeding now" and there is no way to keep up.. I even put those holiday ones on hold since it didn't seem they would go away then BAM 2 days and chocolate is gone...

I'm seriously losing interest in this game... I agree so whAt do they do ,,,release another one... How about putting some energy in to more levels i been at 94 for months like many others

mjtang
04-05-13, 01:27 PM
Thank you! I got the 23hr time and was expecting a Night, and then bam! DA! I was thrilled :D
Good luck to you!

U use diamond&night combo? With boosts?

Cotton_candyLOVER
04-05-13, 01:41 PM
I like new dragons, they give the game excitement

wolfwindmoon
04-05-13, 05:13 PM
Up until i couple of days ago i was in with the "frustrated out of my mind" group. But when i saw ANOTHER hybrid was released I just kinda snapped and went "ok. forget everything. I'm working on light hybrids because i've been wanting those for MONTHS." i have 0 light hybrids, 0 pink hybrids, and 0 dark hybrids. I've literally always been chasing limitids/seasonals (and i still missed out on a bunch of them). I guess my luck just sucks? I dunno. But I was definitely in the "good lord please slow down for my sanity" group before i moved over into the "forget it. it's not worth the stress. I'm just going to breed what i want and what i like" group.

so where does that put me on the issue of release rate? Indifferent, i guess.

hamadrys
04-05-13, 06:28 PM
Enjoying the game is what matters. Everyone plays differently, has different goals. Have fun, that's the purpose after all, right?

anurulz
04-07-13, 05:00 AM
i have been chasing the limited dragons past 3 weeks and got NOTHING..Zero limited dragons tht i tried for these days..so now i give up on them..am going to try for the easter till the goal timer is on..then i quit for the kimited dragons, and going for the regular hybrids i want...

kwhales
04-07-13, 05:12 AM
i have been chasing the limited dragons past 3 weeks and got NOTHING..Zero limited dragons tht i tried for these days..so now i give up on them..am going to try for the easter till the goal timer is on..then i quit for the kimited dragons, and going for the regular hybrids i want...

Maybe you are chasing them away. Go for the dragons you want - limited or not. Sometimes our fails turn out to be what we really wanted. I got griffin as a fail going for a different dragon and I really wanted griffin. Now I am going after Kite, and hoping for fails of easter and mythic. You never know what fail is waiting in the wings to jump into your breeding den.

RotomGuy
04-07-13, 06:04 AM
Maybe you are chasing them away. Go for the dragons you want - limited or not. Sometimes our fails turn out to be what we really wanted. I got griffin as a fail going for a different dragon and I really wanted griffin. Now I am going after Kite, and hoping for fails of easter and mythic. You never know what fail is waiting in the wings to jump into your breeding den.
Hey that's my tactic :3

anurulz
04-07-13, 06:10 AM
thanx..am planning to do exactly tht now..the chase was giving me a headache..not to mention costing me gold...lol...i did get a tiny, scorpion and laserlight out of them and now a mythic (though i cant afford a habitat yet) in the last couple tries..

angel45338
04-07-13, 08:23 AM
I am in the group of forget it. Tired of trying to get unachievable dragons. I mean the new dragons are great and all but too much of a good thing is not always a good thing. I mean props to tl for giving us gold for installing different games for those of us who don't have pockets so deep that we don't have real money to spend on gold, because the money we do have goes for other things that are needed more than new dragons in a social game. For those who do have it great and more power to you. Not trying to offend anyone. But I tried for 6 weeks straight breeding for the elf dragon and never got it. Was trying for the passion dragon before it leaves and no luck there either. So am so done with trying for the limited dragons because they are too hard to get. It would be nice if they brought the limited dragons back at the times that they were released for those of us who didn't get them and give us another chance. Because there are other games that have limited editions that do bring them back for users to breed. But that's just what I have experienced. Not trying to offend anyone.

Boogie083
04-07-13, 09:00 AM
Interesting thread.

Let me ask everyone a question: if you were guaranteed successful breedings within 5 (or whatever a reasonable amount is) attempts, how long would it take to have each dragon (if you play everyday)?

Also, if there was a breeding guarantee, players who buy enough gold would "win" the game and probably only play when new dragons are available which would have to be so frequently that the design/development team would have to work 24 hours 7 days a week.

I admit I don't know anything about breeding dragons because I quit before my tutorial breeding (level 4 red and yellow dragons?) was complete. I only enjoyed farming (hence why I only play Farm Story) and feeding the dragons.

lotsahelp
04-07-13, 02:52 PM
I think one reason why new dragons are so hard to get is that there are so many fail dragons you could get. That, and the breeding chances changed. I don't mind all the new dragons, I just wish people could get them. That, and their actually AVAILABLE to me( kindle fire user)

I recently started playing this game and i am more frustrated by the issue of what isn't available to me because i play on an android than by the number of dragons. I would say adding too many too soon can discourage us newr players.

badenpowell
04-07-13, 05:09 PM
New dragons ? Have just recently started playing DS ,so they are all new for me. Lvl 13, and have two athletic plus a left heart dragon. Now my air/fire dragons have made 3 Consequetive eagle dragons. Just hoping I can find other breeding combinations that produce rare or super rare dragons.

legobil
04-08-13, 10:03 AM
Btw for those of you who have trouble raising 6 million, go for scalypears instead of diamonddates and you have the biggest deprave of income in control, also resist from expanding and it should be fine. 6x13k @ 20 hours instead of 6x75k @ 5 hours is a lot of dough...

The_Sicilian
04-09-13, 09:52 AM
Btw for those of you who have trouble raising 6 million, go for scalypears instead of diamonddates and you have the biggest deprave of income in control, also resist from expanding and it should be fine. 6x13k @ 20 hours instead of 6x75k @ 5 hours is a lot of dough...
Very basic and sound advice. In fact, stay focused on the goal(s) you wish to attain. Try not: growing any apples, expanding, clearing, etc..... and just collect coins and you'll get there even faster. Have Patients and have fun.

Nguyen2701
04-09-13, 10:07 AM
I think that's a way they make money,but players shouldn't spend money to buy gold ,I spent so many trying on passion and black hybird but it took forever ,I haven't have any of them and the new dragons keep coming extremely hard to breed ,I'm not interesting with this game any more ,I'm so bored

Abs333
04-09-13, 01:37 PM
I will never be able to afford the New Habitats for the New Dragons. I have one Black and habitat. I cannot afford the big Black habitat, so do not try to breed any Black/Night Dragons. The newer Dragons and habitats are really out of reach for me.
I was just trying to get the older Dragons and house them when the Game started expiring them. Could not afford to buy them and time too short to breed them. What's up???

midnightmeerkat
04-09-13, 01:55 PM
I will never be able to afford the New Habitats for the New Dragons. I have one Black and habitat. I cannot afford the big Black habitat, so do not try to breed any Black/Night Dragons. The newer Dragons and habitats are really out of reach for me.
I was just trying to get the older Dragons and house them when the Game started expiring them. Could not afford to buy them and time too short to breed them. What's up???

The dragons that are becoming limited are the seasonal ones.... The dragons that are released specifically for an event. Ie Christmas, Halloween, valentines etc

Ryu99
04-09-13, 08:52 PM
How about focus on new decorations and goals, teamlava? Lately, at least 2 dragons come out a week. I did not manage to get the first one, but the second (or third) was already introduced. I get excited with the new dragons too and i deeply appreciate your hard work. But think about it, compare with the number of dragon, I must say that the decorations, on the contrary, are quite poor. The goals are simple too. No motivation at all. Unlike in zoo story 2, for example like try to breed certain animal to get another rare one.

Besides, dragons come out too often make me have no time to try for those that I have not gotten yet. (Too busy with the new ones, of course). And that's suck!!!

Pls consider my idea. Thanks

Lipuro
04-10-13, 03:20 PM
Don't get me wrong it's awesome to see new content come into the game. I'm just worried it might be too much at once. I've been nonstop trying to breed a diamond now for over a year. (I've stopped for a few days here and there to breed dragons I "really" like.) But I feel as if we are being shoved towards so many new dragons it's almost impossible to keep up without buying them. I mean when the light dragons came out I was super exited! Now all these new "species" it just seems like whoa back off I can't even breed the dragons that are here today.

What do you guys think?

Lipuro
04-10-13, 03:21 PM
Suggestion: take half of all the dragons that are being put into DS and put them into MS. lol :P

kurebiz
04-10-13, 03:55 PM
There're others who have just a few of dragons missing, or have gotten all the dragons. So the solution is to play at your own pace. And not let the game updates dictate how you play.. you could try aiming for other dragons and still use 4 colours to get your diamond. Sometimes it'll come when you least expect it!

danni7788
04-10-13, 04:32 PM
suggestion: Take half of all the dragons that are being put into ds and put them into ms. Lol :p

yes!!!

Boogie083
04-10-13, 05:37 PM
There're others who have just a few of dragons missing, or have gotten all the dragons. So the solution is to play at your own pace. And not let the game updates dictate how you play.. you could try aiming for other dragons and still use 4 colours to get your diamond. Sometimes it'll come when you least expect it!

+1 for The solution is to play at your own pace and not let the game updates dictate how you play.

New dragons/features are for "power players/breeders" who have or about to master(ed) Dragon Story...
people who literally spend their life (and money) breeding dragons.

Boogie083
04-10-13, 05:38 PM
+1 for The solution is to play at your own pace and not let the game updates dictate how you play.

New dragons/features are for "power players/breeders" who have or about to master(ed) Dragon Story...
people who literally spend their life (and money) breeding dragons.

corrections: ^or are about to^ … ^their lives^

lovecm88
04-11-13, 08:51 PM
Possibility for a rare dragon is like 0.01% now. I end up getting magic or firestorm most of the time. Very frustrating because of the waiting time. I now realize if i am to get the new rare dragons, i will spend about 5 years to play this game. If i buy gold, i will spend 9,000$ because new dragons are released every week

vispper
04-12-13, 08:47 AM
how about this game after several month or after a year, maybe this game won't be funny anymore upon this speed

yuimiko
04-12-13, 09:17 PM
Strongly agreed!

Kami365
04-12-13, 09:32 PM
I'm loosing interest playing DS, agreed! New dragons are quite difficult to breed,releasing at their fastest pace., most of them never come to my island unless buy them..

kurebiz
04-12-13, 09:41 PM
just keep trying, i finally got an atlas after about 9 days. I don't speed breed much hence the slowness. Play the game, don't let the game play you. If everyone gets all the dragons so easily, its not going to be much fun either.

DragonTan1
04-12-13, 09:49 PM
just keep trying, i finally got an atlas after about 9 days. I don't speed breed much hence the slowness. Play the game, don't let the game play you. If everyone gets all the dragons so easily, its not going to be much fun either.

True! I got Angel & Anubis today and they were in the nest and I wasn't going to hatch them... I thought I'll not breed until they have like 10 hours left but I used gold to free my nests so I can try for Unicorn & DA! I thought I had some luck left but no, complete waste of gold!! I went to hell (lol) and back trying for those two!

I regret haching Angel & Anubis. From now on I'll try not to speed things up and just leave it...

saintlover
04-13-13, 02:49 AM
Wow the new dragons that are coming out are darn near impossible to get. I have been playing since basically day one and have not been able to get the any of the new hybrids. Its getting REALLY frustrating. I think they are making it a little too hard and that will turn alot of people off.

salinho
04-13-13, 03:12 AM
Wow the new dragons that are coming out are darn near impossible to get. I have been playing since basically day one and have not been able to get the any of the new hybrids. Its getting REALLY frustrating. I think they are making it a little too hard and that will turn alot of people off.

Yup. Agreed. It's ridiculous. I haven't tried for mythic hybrids, but blacks are proving IMPOSSIBLE . It's been weeks after i got night - on the very first go - and I got no hybrids. None at all. It's really stressing me up, plus the fails and their long hours make me wanna rip my hair out!!

1cherryblossom
04-13-13, 06:26 AM
I think TL is doing a great job in introducing new dragons so regularly, but Please! Let us be able to breed them too!

hamadrys
04-13-13, 08:11 AM
I think they have reduced the % of success to breed some dragons, so it will push people to buy gold to speed breedings or purchase them. I am not falling in that trap. Tedious sometimes, that is for sure...

muttonball
04-13-13, 08:15 AM
totally agree....almost impossible to get the new dragons, and TL keeps pushing out new ones.....
TL should just distribute some efforts in developing monster story instead.

mikeclit
04-13-13, 08:16 AM
The most frustrating part to me is hybrids with the same breed time. Firestorm, Easter, Mythic and Helios being at 12 hrs is terrible. Night and Dark Angel, Wild and Landworm, it doesn't seem like this pattern will stop either

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-13-13, 08:26 AM
The most frustrating part to me is hybrids with the same breed time. Firestorm, Easter, Mythic and Helios being at 12 hrs is terrible. Night and Dark Angel, Wild and Landworm, it doesn't seem like this pattern will stop either

I agree. Trickster and Peacock....

DragonTan1
04-13-13, 09:33 AM

Yup. Agreed. It's ridiculous. I haven't tried for mythic hybrids, but blacks are proving IMPOSSIBLE . It's been weeks after i got night - on the very first go - and I got no hybrids. None at all. It's really stressing me up, plus the fails and their long hours make me wanna rip my hair out!!

I got Night on first go too, I also got Deep (Water & Night) first try. I used Anubis & Night, hoping for DA but I got Illusion. I already have Goblin and Bat but DA and Hunter are difficult for me to get. Also, Justice, Kite & Unicorn are the last pink hybrids I need. I got Mythic trying for Fireworks and Helios took forever but I got Atlas going for it and Medusa I can't seem to get.

They have made it difficult to enjoy the game.

salinho
04-13-13, 04:31 PM

Yes, that's ANOTHER extremely aggravating issue. I mean, they can make new dragons with breeding times that are different from the ones with the same color combo, but they purposefully don't, which I think is very tacky of them.

MomsHouseofSweets
04-13-13, 05:43 PM
Yes, that's ANOTHER extremely aggravating issue. I mean, they can make new dragons with breeding times that are different from the ones with the same color combo, but they purposefully don't, which I think is very tacky of them.

Agreed! I don't mind the new dragons, as we can try for them when we want to, but the same breeding times for so many dragon isn't making the game more challenging ... it's making it more frustrating!!

MomsHouseofSweets
04-13-13, 05:52 PM
Oh, forgot to add ... the splitting ... the much aggravating splitting is way of hand! Between the splitting and identical breed times ... it's all just too exasperating!!!

DragonTan1
04-13-13, 06:05 PM
Agreed! I don't mind the new dragons, as we can try for them when we want to, but the same breeding times for so many dragon isn't making the game more challenging ... it's making it more frustrating!!

Yes! I get 23 hours and think it's DA but no... it's Night!! It was worse when I was going for Helios.. 12 hours with so many other dragons was torture....

MomsHouseofSweets
04-13-13, 06:14 PM
I'm not even trying to get Helios any longer because of the breed times and splitting. I'm really happy for those that managed to snag it, though!

Boogie083
04-13-13, 06:15 PM
New dragons with same breeding times as old dragons adds some unpredictability... how can "vets" miss this?
When you're on a forum telling newbies which dragons are "cooking" in an egg on a forum controlled by TL, they lose money because newbies won't buy/use gold to see what the egg will hatch.

yayacupcake
04-15-13, 02:59 PM
Ugh, Dawn Tree Dragon, Cosmic Dragon released .... and yet Spring edition for Android had no new features. Who cares about new dragons when you have about 50% of your habitats filled with duplicate rares / super rares?

hamadrys
04-15-13, 03:21 PM
Therefore, everyone should rejoice that the Dawn Tree dragon was so easy to breed ! I am very happy about this. Having a new dragon, that I like, bred in 10 minutes. That is just peachy ! :)

salinho
04-15-13, 03:41 PM
Therefore, everyone should rejoice that the Dawn Tree dragon was so easy to breed ! I am very happy about this. Having a new dragon, that I like, bred in 10 minutes. That is just peachy ! :)

Even if it's so ugly that it looks like it fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way to the ground. :p

yayacupcake
04-15-13, 03:43 PM

I'm just glad it's a seasonal that will be cake to get. Nice break.

hamadrys
04-15-13, 03:46 PM
Even if it's so ugly that it looks like it fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way to the ground. :p

LOL, awwwww poor thing...

lobius
04-21-13, 04:50 PM
lmao how'd anyone get dawntree anyways been trying for it and eater along with cosmic and peacock no luck so Igave up onall of them

erxi9
04-21-13, 06:37 PM
Totally agree with this thread. i think we need some time to catch up with all the new dragons.
especially for players with bad luck, just like me!