PDA

View Full Version : New Expansion Plot?

cctarbucks
04-02-13, 06:20 AM
Anyone know if the new expansion plots are also out? And if so, where should I expand to?

I haven't expanded everywhere possible as I don't have enough laterns to do so. I want to save them all up to make sure I have enough lanterns to go to the new plots! =)

vednir
04-02-13, 06:46 AM
There is nothing interesting to the new plots so just expand like you were doing before. If you want to plan ahead expand next to the tower and the gate, both of which are still currently locked.

lotuskat
04-02-13, 08:41 AM
A few of the expansion blocks now require permits from the Royal Exchange.

cctarbucks
04-02-13, 08:49 AM
Oh I see, so that's the only change? By expansion plot, I had thought they meant new story line. Oh well, thanks =)

lotuskat
04-02-13, 08:51 AM
Yuppers. More to come including new plot lines later this month though, according to TL. (^_^)

cymoril69
04-02-13, 06:36 PM
I only saw that one of the 4 new expansion plots requires a permit. Has anyone used a permit to open that spot? If so, does it trigger any new quests? I'm asking because I'm at 50 tickets.....holding out for the Tinker Camp.... and didn't want to use them on expanding if there was nothing much of interest there. Thanks

CottageRose
04-02-13, 06:53 PM
Opening that one plot with a permit did not trigger any quests for me. I sure do love having that space to give a little breathing room though. :)

cymoril69
04-02-13, 06:55 PM
Thanks!! I'm still holding out for that darn tinker camp. 99 tickets is a TON! :)

muggapug
04-02-13, 07:05 PM
Two of the new plots don't require permits, but two do. The ones that need a permit don't require as many wisp lanterns.

midnightmeerkat
04-02-13, 08:26 PM
Thanks!! I'm still holding out for that darn tinker camp. 99 tickets is a TON! :)

52 down.......... Whew!

dng1234
04-03-13, 04:33 AM
While waiting on furs and collecting tickets I'm working on expanding to some of the new areas. I'm trying to see all the areas open not just those I can reach now. The spot I'm wondering about is the fourth space to the southwest of the birds nest tower going in a straight line. (I have a pic but can't get it on here.) Thanks!

laVirtualCloset
04-03-13, 11:38 AM
A day or two prior to the full date, one plot opened up which required 8 wisp lanterns. If u upgraded at that time, then no expansion permits (which are earned via trade tickets) were necessary. However, after the full update rolled out, the requirements to expand to that plot change from needing 8 lanterns to 7 lanterns and 1 Expansion Permit. So, of the 4 new expansion plots: 1 requires a permit and 3 don't if u took advantage of the plot that opened up prior to the full update roll out OR 2 require permits and two don't if u waited to expand in the 4 plots after the full roll out.

wassupbaby
04-03-13, 02:43 PM
A day or two prior to the full date, one plot opened up which required 8 wisp lanterns. If u upgraded at that time, then no expansion permits (which are earned via trade tickets) were necessary. However, after the full update rolled out, the requirements to expand to that plot change from needing 8 lanterns to 7 lanterns and 1 Expansion Permit. So, of the 4 new expansion plots: 1 requires a permit and 3 don't if u took advantage of the plot that opened up prior to the full update roll out OR 2 require permits and two don't if u waited to expand in the 4 plots after the full roll out.

Really? Aggh i didnt know it :( now i have to waste 30 tickets :(

laVirtualCloset
04-03-13, 02:50 PM
Really? Aggh i didnt know it :( now i have to waste 30 tickets :(

Believe me, i feel ur pain. I actually decided to wait til 3/28/13 and regretted that decision once i fully understood the length of time it takes to accumulate tickets.

catcrack
04-03-13, 05:16 PM
Really? Aggh i didnt know it :( now i have to waste 30 tickets :(glad I jumped on the expansions, did 3 within 24 hours (=^ェ^=)

dng1234
04-03-13, 05:34 PM
While waiting on furs and collecting tickets I'm working on expanding to some of the new areas. I'm trying to see all the areas open not just those I can reach now. The spot I'm wondering about is the fourth space to the southwest of the birds nest tower going in a straight line. (I have a pic but can't get it on here.) Thanks!

I finally had a chance to find how to post a pic on here and I hope it works. The area marked in blue is the one I'm wondering about. Thanks again! http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o782/dnicolegreenwood/96039D62-6E3F-438F-8755-18BBE262942F-703-0000010B6E44FFA8_zpsc6c4d387.jpg

cymoril69
04-05-13, 04:10 AM
The Blue expansion had some trees/mushroom circles in it, maybe a large boulder. But it did not trigger any additional quests. Just some must needed expansion room!!

kikilicious74
04-05-13, 05:48 AM
I started the new expansion that now requires a permit, paid my $$ and maybe a few wisps before it needed a permit, then when it changed it says I didn't pay, but it had a permit. So that was nice!!

RosieM7
04-18-13, 03:31 PM
I'm also wondering about the various expansion options. My daughter (5) helpfully crafted an expansion permit for me (she also likes to make dyes and flower beds and spend jewels to see the purple cow drop - I try not to get too attached to my game), so I have one even though I have lots of other expansion options.

After completing both Thurston and defeating the Troll King, is there an expansion direction that makes more sense than others? Some people seem to have expanded in a long skinny path down right. Is there a plot there? I'm going to need to expand to place a tinkers camp or chateau anyway (between the purple cow problem and my own slippery fingers, i don't expect to ever place a manor unless it shows up as in a quest line).

blurbie
04-18-13, 05:15 PM
No, the only reason everyone has that long path at the bottom, is that when you have expanded a certain amount, you only are shown one expansion possibility at a time. Then suddenly, there are no more and you get the message, "You have already expanded everywhere that is safe in the Glimmer Wood." Sigh! That was a sad day.

juju1307
04-18-13, 07:23 PM
So...no one know what the sky gate and tower..and the gold treasure room are for? Odd game this is

maguar
04-19-13, 02:58 AM
So...no one know what the sky gate and tower..and the gold treasure room are for? Odd game this is

Those areas haven't been released yet so we don't know what they are. It's interesting to guess though. They'll get released with future updates.

aleawads
04-19-13, 04:53 AM
Two of the new plots don't require permits, but two do. The ones that need a permit don't require as many wisp lanterns.

I can only see one which requires permit? Why.

maguar
04-19-13, 05:21 AM
I can only see one which requires permit? Why.

One of the areas was released ahead of the main update. It was available without the permit then. Since the update it requires a permit.