PDA

View Full Version : The game doesn't open and often crashes

WinniePoooh
04-01-13, 03:32 PM
I don't know if someone has this problem, but I can't find posts about this.
I can't anymore to play to Castle Story as it doesn't open anymore.
I had the same problem around Christmas, then it went better. After the download of the Valentine edition the thing started again and today I can't open it at all. I was able now to open for few seconds the standard edition, so I hoped at least to collect my ready things and clicked and two (the castle and something other) but the girl that collects items wasn't present in the game, so nothing happened and after few seconds the game crashed. It is from week that to play is a challenge. It takes ages to open, many times it doesn't do it, other times it opens on the black screen with the gift windows (same problem of City metro story, but when opened the game works well), then it closes and several times it crashes during the game. Usually after the restart of the Ipad it works a little better, but for few times and not always.
My Ipad is old. It is the second made, sold first of the Ipad 2 and I have again the old system (4.1) but I heard that people with my same problems that updated didn't solve anything.
The impression is that the game are developed to work only on new tablets and phones as I'm having problems with all the later games and not with the first. I had to stop Pet's story shop as it doesn't open and if, it closes after few seconds. It is doing this from before of Christmas and nothing was done, any update (at least for Ipad).
I'm so sorry of this. Castle story is my fav with Pet's shop story. If I have to give up to it too, I stop all the other too as I like them less.
Thanks.

maguar
04-02-13, 03:44 AM
I'm on an ipad 2 and not having these issues. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the game? Can you update your iOS?

WinniePoooh
04-02-13, 09:33 PM
Hi,
Thanks. Mine is Ipad only (not 2) it was the second version released here, but it is marked only Ipad.
No I didn't try to delete the app and to reinstall as I think to need to reinstall it from Itune on the computer?
Or is it possible to reinstall it from the Apple store directly on the Ipad?
Now I can try to update, but not on my computer that is too old, so before I need to do all the backup and to download the app on Itunes.

Thanks.
Margherita

maguar
04-03-13, 03:24 AM
If you delete the game you can reinstall directly from the App Store to your ipad.

crystallynn1022
04-07-13, 02:33 PM
I'm playing on I-phone and I can't get the game to open. Any suggestions?
Would deleting and reinstalling loose everything I've done so far?

maguar
04-07-13, 02:42 PM
Your game is saved on TLs servers so if you ever delete it from your device it will still be there when you reinstall it.

WinniePoooh
04-18-13, 03:40 PM
Thanks.
It is going always worse, I'm thinking of giving up.
It doesn't load and it messes up the Ipad, so that after to try to open it also the other games takes many attempts.
These last days it opens only if I open it after Dragon Story, lol.

WinniePoooh
04-18-13, 03:41 PM
When started the trouble for you?

dala12
04-27-13, 01:22 AM
Hi, I cannot open my castle story too! I reinstall Valentine edition yesterday but today I cannot open both! So this is since yesterday I cannot play anymore! Now I am going to delete both but wich one must I reinstall?

dala12
04-27-13, 01:24 AM
I am playing on the iPad one too! So maybe it is too much for the first iPad?

maguar
04-27-13, 05:16 AM
I've asked about ipad 1. Will let you know when I hear back.

ButterPanda
04-28-13, 11:49 AM

Some lower end devices may have trouble running this game and most newer games. The best thing you can do is each time, before opening the game app on your device, please force close all applications running in the background on your device. You may also want to restart your device more frequently. This will help when experiencing performance issues. Also, make sure your Wi-Fi connection is strong when playing.

WinniePoooh
05-03-13, 04:50 PM
I think that yes is the only reasonable reason :-(

angela3737
05-11-13, 09:45 PM
I'm on iPad first generation ( latest software and latest castle version ).. Castle Crashes often ( and Dragon)- never farm,bs,RS where im level 99 or higher ..Past few days - castle really crashing ..may crash 3 or 4 times if collecting ..but past 2 days will take 30 plus tries to either do a recipe in kitchen or try to make anything in workshop or tinker shop....

I also play castle and Dragon on itouch 4th generation without any issues - just on my iPad first generation .. I do the usual retiual of closing background games....delete and reinstall from app store game ..but nothing helps ..something past 2 or 3 days is really bad with the crashing ..unplayable ...

Hoping there is something down the road to help eliminate these crashes since replacing device is not an option in the near future .

prettyplease
05-13-13, 10:15 AM
I'm getting a lot of crashing on my iPod since the new update from the App Store. My device is 8gb and I think its possible the new "enhanced graphics" are too much for some devices. It's still very playable but I never experienced any crashing before. I have the same issues with some other apps on my iPod and it seems to be the ones that take the most memory. It gets better if I shut my iPod down and restart it but once I have opened done apps back up it starts again. This happens even when I have closed out all apps running in the background. I'm not looking for remedy, just wanted to confirm it is happening so TL might repair in future updates.

olcastle
05-13-13, 02:55 PM
I'm on ipad 1 too, the game crashes more and more with every update but still playable for me.
I hope they'll fix this but doubt it because they weren't able to fix it for PS.
For those who still can open the game: try to store all deco and buildings you can afford to store. It might help...

My device is 8gb

I don't think it makes any difference...

dala12
05-13-13, 03:08 PM
I cannot get in the story. But hopefully I get new iPad soon. It is a oldy, so iPad 1 is gone.

pastagirl54
10-12-13, 01:21 PM
I play on iPad 1 as well. It's been crashing for months, but the last month has been a nightmare. I've force closed all APS, I've shut off iPad and restarted, I've deleted AP & reinstalled until I'm blue in the face. Obviously I have the patience of Job to keep doing this but even my patience is running out. I've had entire days of doing the above and never getting in. One day all I could make is 4 sugars & 2 Choc bars. I've put a LOT of time in this game, over 7200 Royalty pts, so hate to give it up now but I can't play. Driving me crazy! I don't have $ to go buy a new iPad ;O just to play this game. Can they not program something to keep the iPad 1 ppl in the game?????? Please help