PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story - FAQs - Ask a question or comment

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

maguar
03-31-13, 02:06 AM
You can use this thread to ask questions that haven't been answered in the new and improved FAQs thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved). I'll the move the question and answer into the FAQ. This will keep the FAQ easy to read.

NanaCanna
03-31-13, 03:14 AM
Has anyone found the "Deed to the Royal Chateau" yet? I can't find it anywhere.��

Edit: added the answer here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=583603&viewfull=1#post583603)

wassupbaby
03-31-13, 04:35 AM
I want to add that troll also drops bone :) good job , maguar. I hope pp read it first before asking stupid questions again and again .

wassupbaby
03-31-13, 04:57 AM
I want to add that troll also drops bone :) good job , maguar. I hope pp read it first before asking stupid questions again and again .

Troll also drops creep tooth , just got 1 . I think it's new :S

dng1234
03-31-13, 08:04 AM
With the new update, is it better to use the "regular" edition or the "V-day" edition? I'm finished with all of the V-day goals except waiting on my knights to bring back Alicorn parts. Thanks!

Edit: TL has said to use the valentine version

maguar
03-31-13, 04:38 PM
I've update the troll drops here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=583017&viewfull=1#post583017)

wassupbaby
03-31-13, 04:56 PM
Hey maguar,I'm little confused about the version to use. In this thread : http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48924-Should-I-Update , CM recommends playing in original version . I asked about the upgrading problem in original version but didnt get an answer.

maguar
03-31-13, 05:16 PM
Hey maguar,I'm little confused about the version to use. In this thread : http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48924-Should-I-Update , CM recommends playing in original version . I asked about the upgrading problem in original version but didnt get an answer.

Future updates etc will be on the original version. With the upgrade thing you can either use valentine to upgrade or restart the game. From what someone's reported the issue occurs when you look at the requirements, look at a building that does have have coin requirements, then look at the first one again. They said restarting fixes it. You'll find their investigations here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48979-Bug-Unable-to-upgrade-some-buildings).

wassupbaby
03-31-13, 06:41 PM
I dont have that problem because im playing in V-version but i want to go back to the original.To avoid it from happening to me, i'd like to know if the problem is fixed or not.
Well , maybe i just play on both versions and see what will happend ?_?

maguar
04-01-13, 12:14 AM
Just be careful playing both versions at the same time. Things can go a little weird. Close one done then start the other. I've been playing the original on my secondary account and haven't had any issues yet.

gin0531
04-05-13, 05:26 PM
Do the social visit requests ever disappear? I have returned the favor every time and the ones from three or four days ago are still there. I have also noticed that I have visited one before they visited me, then they show up on my list requesting a returned favor???

Edit: find the answer here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=589080&viewfull=1#post589080)

gin0531
04-05-13, 05:45 PM
I have another question that I have not come across an answer to. I have received "a gift" from a friend, but I don't know where it is. What happens to the gifts we receive?

Edit: find the answer here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=589080&viewfull=1#post589080)

maguar
04-05-13, 06:21 PM
Hi gin0531, I've added answered in the FAQ and put the link in your questions.

dorothy2001
04-05-13, 09:14 PM
Is 30 the maximal level we could reach? It is not rewarding if the level doesn't increase further on continuous playing!

Edit: find the answer here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=589252&viewfull=1#post589252)

Gardienn
04-06-13, 08:12 AM
Hi Magur. I posted in another thread you redid but never saw your answers so I'm reposting here since I don't see a troubleshooting thread:

I'm having problems now where the place I touch on the board is hitting way off so that when I'm trying to collect crops, I'm hitting walls and other things even though I'm clearly touching the right place on the screen. I've lost 16 gems from this glitch and getting frustrated. Can they fix this?

maguar
04-06-13, 05:42 PM
Hi Magur. I posted in another thread you redid but never saw your answers so I'm reposting here since I don't see a troubleshooting thread:

I'm having problems now where the place I touch on the board is hitting way off so that when I'm trying to collect crops, I'm hitting walls and other things even though I'm clearly touching the right place on the screen. I've lost 16 gems from this glitch and getting frustrated. Can they fix this?

My answer was three posts down from your original question

I'm not having an issue on my game and haven't heard of other reports. Before I flag it over can you please answer a couple of questions for me?

Have you tried completely closing your game then restarting it?
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the game? (Your progress is saved on the servers so you won't lose anything)
Have you cleaned your screen?
What device are you playing on and what operating system are you using?
Do you zoom in when collecting crops or are you zoomed out?

alyanaalyana
04-07-13, 06:48 PM
Where do purple petals come from? I seem to have no trouble whatosever with red petals but I haven't seen any purple ones for three weeks (picking valentine flowers, collecting from Ivy's hut... nothing!)
Thanks!

alyanaalyana
04-07-13, 11:16 PM
Where do purple petals come from? I seem to have no trouble whatosever with red petals but I haven't seen any purple ones for three weeks (picking valentine flowers, collecting from Ivy's hut... nothing!)
Thanks!I don't seem to be able to edit my own post so I will have to add a new one.
I've found out the answer to my question after a more detailed search on the forum: rocket lackspur seems to be dropping only purple petals. The only plant I did not have in my kingdom!
Sorry for the trouble.

maguar
04-08-13, 04:07 AM
I don't seem to be able to edit my own post so I will have to add a new one.
I've found out the answer to my question after a more detailed search on the forum: rocket lackspur seems to be dropping only purple petals. The only plant I did not have in my kingdom!
Sorry for the trouble.

All good. I'm glad you found the answer :)

Gardienn
04-11-13, 01:49 PM
I never could find my original question so I was either in the wrong thread, or it got deleted before I read it. Either way, thank you for answering again.

Originally Posted by maguar
I'm not having an issue on my game and haven't heard of other reports. Before I flag it over can you please answer a couple of questions for me?

Have you tried completely closing your game then restarting it?
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the game? (Your progress is saved on the servers so you won't lose anything)
Have you cleaned your screen?
What device are you playing on and what operating system are you using?
Do you zoom in when collecting crops or are you zoomed out?

Answers:

I am on the latest OS version on iPhone 5. Yes, I completely closed the game and restarted, cleaned my screen, and I was zoomed in when collecting. It happened when both zoomed in and out. I did not uninstall and reinstall. I'm playing V-day edition and with the recent update will go back to the original, so hopefully that will do it.

I have a new problem. I have two theaters at the starting level. One gives me the full amount of coins, but the second doesn't always. One time it gave me 500-something and another time 800-something. This started before the V-day edition discontinuation. Perhaps it will self correct when I go back to the original edition, but for now, have you heard of this problem?

alyanaalyana
04-11-13, 05:28 PM
Still confused a bit her about the end of the Valentine's Day event. Should I switch to the normal version? Or may I keep playing the V-edition for a while? What happens if I don't move on? Thanks for the answers!

MonkeyMomma76
04-11-13, 09:24 PM
Hi all! I'm trying to upgrade my Conservatory and I can't figure out how to get the "Mysterious Venom" :-(( Can anyone shed some light? I'm getting frustrated. Thanks guys!!!

alyanaalyana
04-12-13, 01:50 AM
It drops from the Magic Garden.

maguar
04-12-13, 02:55 AM
I never could find my original question so I was either in the wrong thread, or it got deleted before I read it. Either way, thank you for answering again.

Answers:

I am on the latest OS version on iPhone 5. Yes, I completely closed the game and restarted, cleaned my screen, and I was zoomed in when collecting. It happened when both zoomed in and out. I did not uninstall and reinstall. I'm playing V-day edition and with the recent update will go back to the original, so hopefully that will do it.

I have a new problem. I have two theaters at the starting level. One gives me the full amount of coins, but the second doesn't always. One time it gave me 500-something and another time 800-something. This started before the V-day edition discontinuation. Perhaps it will self correct when I go back to the original edition, but for now, have you heard of this problem?

With your theatre the rent comes out in multiple coins. Are you collecting them all at once?

QueenIceAngel
04-12-13, 05:03 AM
I love the game however ever since i got my boyfriend into playing i have become very frustrated with CS. What my issue is I have been playing and buying gems for months before my BF started he starts and once he got to a certain level his energy goes up by one and now he is caped at 40 energy, mine never moved and was caped at 30. Ok i eventually got over it because it was only 10 energy in the difference and i was still enjoying the game. Now last night with the update i just had it and really don't want to play any more ... i have worked harder at my kingdom and buying gems, he has not, only to find out that for me to buy the new School i have to pay 200 gems and he has to pay 120????? how is that fair. Don't get me wrong i love this game these are the games that i love to play but i am refusing to buy any more gems when i have pay almost double to what he (and no doubt others) have to pay
Is there any reason that this is happening ?

aliasdreams
04-12-13, 11:49 AM
Can someone help I have to get a replacement for my faulty iPod is there a way of keeping your kingdom or getting it back again on the new iPod. Thank you

Edit: find the answer here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=596089&viewfull=1#post596089)

maguar
04-12-13, 06:28 PM
I love the game however ever since i got my boyfriend into playing i have become very frustrated with CS. What my issue is I have been playing and buying gems for months before my BF started he starts and once he got to a certain level his energy goes up by one and now he is caped at 40 energy, mine never moved and was caped at 30. Ok i eventually got over it because it was only 10 energy in the difference and i was still enjoying the game. Now last night with the update i just had it and really don't want to play any more ... i have worked harder at my kingdom and buying gems, he has not, only to find out that for me to buy the new School i have to pay 200 gems and he has to pay 120????? how is that fair. Don't get me wrong i love this game these are the games that i love to play but i am refusing to buy any more gems when i have pay almost double to what he (and no doubt others) have to pay
Is there any reason that this is happening ?

I'm sorry that you're feeling frustrated with this. As Castle is still a relatively new game TL is experimenting with different costs and energies for different groups. Your boyfriend is in a lucky group with lower costs and higher energy. There are some people in a higher cost group than you. The wizards school costs them 300 gems.

jsilverturtle
04-12-13, 06:54 PM
I have all of the items for Thomas's house but it will not let me build. I have an iPad and have had no problems. I am also missing the 20 purple gems I had a a huge chunk of coins! They were there earlier and now they are gone. Can this be fixed? I'd jsilverturtle

Edit: find the answer here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=596940&viewfull=1#post596940)

maj1977
04-12-13, 09:59 PM
That is CRAZY! Not fair and horrible customer service to say the least!!! You all need to change this ASAP or I will personally start a petition to get people to stop playing your games. Thats a HORRIBLE way to treat people who play your games. HORRIBLE. I'm currently playing 6 different tl games and this is your way of thanking me?! By making me pay more gems than other players?! Seriously?! BS!!!!! I'm pisse,

I hear ya! I'm in that highest group where the wizard school would cost me 300 gems if purchased. It feels really unfair that some people only have to pay 120 or 200. I know this is a newer game but it just sucks.

wassupbaby
04-12-13, 10:28 PM
It's not because it's newer game. DS released a year ago but till now we still have different price for the same offers(dont tell me 1 year is still not enough for testing) I dont get it but It's just the way TL treat customers. Take it or leave it , it's your choice.

QueenIceAngel
04-13-13, 03:10 AM
Thank you for your response :) It's a little frustrating because i don't see the point in having different price ranges for different groups, your either going to buy or not buy but oh well. like i said in the beginning i love the gave i just have to think about what I am buying and everything now, i buy just as much if not more gems than him and well.......... but ty now i know why

QueenIceAngel
04-13-13, 03:12 AM
With your theatre the rent comes out in multiple coins. Are you collecting them all at once?

sorry still new to this form

Thank you for your response It's a little frustrating because i don't see the point in having different price ranges for different groups, your either going to buy or not buy but oh well. like i said in the beginning i love the gave i just have to think about what I am buying and everything now, i buy just as much if not more gems than him and well.......... but ty now i know why

CottageRose
04-13-13, 11:22 AM
They are a games company. They are under no obligation to provide anything free. I have played many of these types of games over the years, and this is the ONLY one I have found that is both enjoyable AND gives you any chance of earning every item without real money. The trade off is you have to spend more of your time, and be much more carful and slower when tapping. Every other kingdom/world building game I have played has the best or premium items that are only available for real money.

Do I like the randomness? He** no! My friend who didn't start until mid-March has max energy of 40. That means he can go 2 hours in between collecting, and when he does collect he has 25% more energy to collect things with. Des the randomness annoy me? Absolutely. Especially the rare items that only drop randomly, like the anvil and the scarecrow.

Yes, i have bought gems. If no one did, we wouldn't have this game. However, I started with 36 gems on the 11th, and I am now up to 89, solely through collecting from various things, like quests, the purple cow, and Sir Pigglesworth. I am saving my gems and focusing on my Tinker's camp.

In this game, patience is a virtue, which truly has its rewards.

CottageRose
04-13-13, 11:40 AM
And yes , I completed a goal for playing another TL game for free, for many of this week's gems.

diehardpat
04-14-13, 01:07 PM
Hi Maguar, I collected the 30 trade tickets for the extra expansion 4 hrs, but I cannot see where I can expand?

maguar
04-14-13, 03:23 PM
Hi Maguar, I collected the 30 trade tickets for the extra expansion 4 hrs, but I cannot see where I can expand?

I've answered you in game. The permit is an requirement for certain expansions like lanterns.

Daisykh
04-15-13, 04:15 AM
I updated my wizard school to level 2 and am trying to update again, but have not collected any spell books since those brought by student wizards. I have collected from both libraries multiple times, and still no spell books. Any suggestions?

0813hawaii
04-20-13, 10:14 AM
Click rt hand corner market and choose expand!

sobieski77
04-20-13, 11:12 AM
I have done two separate upgrades to royal buildings but did not receive the royal crowns as rewards ? How does this work?
Can someone help me? I am a newb for sure.

Thank u
Kim

maguar
04-20-13, 05:53 PM
I have done two separate upgrades to royal buildings but did not receive the royal crowns as rewards ? How does this work?
Can someone help me? I am a newb for sure.

Thank u
Kim

Your royal points will have increased by a small amount. To check you can store an un-upgraded building of the same type and see the level your points drop to. Place that building back and store the upgraded one. Your points should have dropped to a lower level than the first one.

bowlfullofcherries
04-20-13, 06:16 PM
Is it bad etiquette to randomly friend request folks in the forum outside of the Friend Request thread? Some of you say some lovely things or I just like your attitude. Some of you I just *really* wanna see your kingdoms. Is it offensive?

bowlfullofcherries
04-20-13, 06:16 PM
Or annoying?

bowlfullofcherries
04-20-13, 08:49 PM
Castle story asked for access to my photos after I snapped a pic of my kingdom. I've snapped one before but did not get that request. Why'd it happen now?

sobieski77
04-20-13, 08:51 PM
I don't understand how the inventory works. Why do I have to; for example, cut down a tree to get wood for a love wood when I have some in my inventory? What is the purpose of "my inventory"?

maguar
04-21-13, 03:17 PM
Is it bad etiquette to randomly friend request folks in the forum outside of the Friend Request thread? Some of you say some lovely things or I just like your attitude. Some of you I just *really* wanna see your kingdoms. Is it offensive?

This can depend on the person and the game. Some people have no issue with it, others use a different ID on the forum so it doesn't happen to them. It's always nice to let someone know why you've sent a random invite. They might be happy to accept, explain that they're not adding, leave a link etc. Just don't be offended by anyone who deletes without saying something - if you haven't posted on their wall the only way they can leave a message is by accepting, posting then deleting you.

maguar
04-21-13, 03:19 PM
I don't understand how the inventory works. Why do I have to; for example, cut down a tree to get wood for a love wood when I have some in my inventory? What is the purpose of "my inventory"?

You don't have to make love wood if you don't want to. You'd only be making it if you need more to craft something. The inventory shows you how many of each resource you have and any buildings and decorations that you've stored.

bowlfullofcherries
04-21-13, 07:27 PM
Thank you, maguar.

QueenJen
04-22-13, 06:12 PM
Can you edit/change/delete a Storm8 ID?

maguar
04-23-13, 03:55 AM
Can you edit/change/delete a Storm8 ID?

This is something you would need to email support about. The email is support@teamlava.com.

castle1994
04-29-13, 01:09 AM
How can the wisp lantern be unclocked?

maguar
04-29-13, 01:52 AM
How can the wisp lantern be unclocked?

Follow the quests below and you'll unlock the wisp lantern

How do I expand?

These are the quests that you need to do before you can expand (to the tree lady etc):

Search the South East
A Cursed Scholar
Book Bound
The Cover
The Lost Pages
Book of Spells
The Royal Scholar
The Royal Tower
A View to the North
Finding Earth Wisps
Help with Earth Wisps
Shedding Light

For details on these quests check out this section (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481823&viewfull=1#post481823) of Dabag's goal thread.

adithor
04-29-13, 02:32 AM
I have purchased a conservatory and have all the raw materials ready . Yet it does not give me permission to build.why?

adithor
04-29-13, 02:33 AM
Also glimmer dust is not found easily could you'll suggest any way to find it

wiggles2288
04-29-13, 03:30 AM
I was just wondering why iron ore seems a rarer drop now from my sparkling mines. I used to get it all the time and have a the max amount and for the last month or so, I can barely keep enough of it to build and forge with.

lotuskat
04-29-13, 09:40 AM
Also glimmer dust is not found easily could you'll suggest any way to find it

I usually get glimmberdust every third attempt at collecting from a mushroom.

sobieski77
04-29-13, 09:57 AM
When I get a MSG that someone has visited my kingdom and helped out I usually return the favor. How come I keep getting the MSG as if I haven't visited them In return. The MSG. Just keeps extending the time and telling me they visited x # of hours ago then x days ago?

lotuskat
04-29-13, 10:02 AM
When I get a MSG that someone has visited my kingdom and helped out I usually return the favor. How come I keep getting the MSG as if I haven't visited them In return. The MSG. Just keeps extending the time and telling me they visited x # of hours ago then x days ago?

Unlike gifts, the news feed doesn't delete messages saying a neighbor paid you a visit. Actually, even for gifts the news feed only temporarily deletes the message that you received a gift. Once you're eligible to gift again, old messages notifying you of neighbors' gifts return to the news feed.

trilogylass
04-29-13, 03:22 PM
I am almost too embarrassed to ask this question, but I cannot find anything about working on adventures...I have the most recent update. Is there an icon? In BS and RS, the goals for a new quest are in upper left- hand corner. If this has been discussed, plz send me the thread.

wassupbaby
04-29-13, 04:06 PM
I am almost too embarrassed to ask this question, but I cannot find anything about working on adventures...I have the most recent update. Is there an icon? In BS and RS, the goals for a new quest are in upper left- hand corner. If this has been discussed, plz send me the thread.

You mean new adventure ? In that case you need to expand to the hairy princess, it triggers new quest line that at certaint point will unlock the new adventure.

ajax1964
04-29-13, 05:13 PM
Ok in my excitement I added two more Sabina houses (3 total). I want to get rid of them but I can't sell or even store them unless I construct them? Way to much work for what they're worth. They're using up 8 cubes I'd love to use, how can I delete them?

sobieski77
04-29-13, 07:24 PM
When using gems to skip crafting an item is the amount of gems required for the whole amount or each one? For eg. 3 wisp lanterns are needed for an expansion and the skip button says 30 gems. Is that 30 for all 3 or 30 each?

wassupbaby
04-29-13, 07:51 PM
When using gems to skip crafting an item is the amount of gems required for the whole amount or each one? For eg. 3 wisp lanterns are needed for an expansion and the skip button says 30 gems. Is that 30 for all 3 or 30 each?

30 for 3.

sobieski77
05-04-13, 12:32 PM
I don't quite understand the storage building. How do u get your stuff back again from storage?

kooky panda
05-04-13, 03:18 PM
I don't quite understand the storage building. How do u get your stuff back again from storage?

Hit the edit button at the bottom of your screen, then the inventory button . Scroll through your inventory and place the items.

Gardienn
05-04-13, 04:26 PM
30 for 3.

Are you sure? I did that once and was disgusted--no, pissed, actually--it only gave me one of the things. I still had to get all the rest of that kind. That issue is one of the things that drove me to this board initially (so I guess it turned into a good thing because I like this place), but I hesitate to believe 30 gems would be for all three wisps. Have you done this so you can personally confirm?

Sorry to question. I just got burned and would hate to see another player lose gems on this like I did.

wassupbaby
05-05-13, 01:38 AM
Are you sure? I did that once and was disgusted--no, pissed, actually--it only gave me one of the things. I still had to get all the rest of that kind. That issue is one of the things that drove me to this board initially (so I guess it turned into a good thing because I like this place), but I hesitate to believe 30 gems would be for all three wisps. Have you done this so you can personally confirm?

Sorry to question. I just got burned and would hate to see another player lose gems on this like I did.

I'm 100% sure. I did it twice long time ago so i can confirm this. I dont know what you did but we're talking about skipping with gems when expand. If you bought sth in kitchen, magic forge, workshop,potionshop, or some missing beams, blocks for constructions then you only get 1 piece.

vchanhs
05-05-13, 02:24 AM
I'm 100% sure. I did it twice long time ago so i can confirm this. I dont know what you did but we're talking about skipping with gems when expand. If you bought sth in kitchen, magic forge, workshop,potionshop, or some missing beams, blocks for constructions then you only get 1 piece.

If you see "skip" as in wisp for expansion or quest objectives, it is for total amount needed. If you see "buy" as in building requirements, it is the cost of each individual items.

sobieski77
05-06-13, 08:31 PM
If all the gift button beside my neighbors names are not lit up and I don't get a gift icon when I visit is tha

sobieski77
05-06-13, 08:36 PM
sobieski77
If all the gift button beside my neighbors names are not lit up and I don't get a gift icon when I visit is that because I have already given 3 gifts that day? Is it 3?

QueenCarolyn
05-06-13, 10:40 PM
Maguar, (the spell check wants to make you jaguar)
In Castle Story, when I look at people's walls, almost all the posters have cute icons, like the one for hearts. How do you make icons? My posts look so blah.

maguar
05-07-13, 03:07 AM
sobieski77
If all the gift button beside my neighbors names are not lit up and I don't get a gift icon when I visit is that because I have already given 3 gifts that day? Is it 3?

Yep it's three. That situation either means you've done you're three or the game day hasn't properly rolled over. If it hasn't rolled over force/hard close and restart your game to get it to roll over.

This bit (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=583001&viewfull=1#post583001) has info on the gifts.

Maguar, (the spell check wants to make you jaguar)
In Castle Story, when I look at people's walls, almost all the posters have cute icons, like the one for hearts. How do you make icons? My posts look so blah.

Autocorrect keep doing that to me as well at the start.

I've added the instructions here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=622902&viewfull=1#post622902).

sonyavt
05-07-13, 10:40 AM
I have posted in another forum group but I want to know how to check if you have the fourth shard, I completed that goal ages ago so I don't remember. I can't complete a goal because I don't have enough mithril and I need a way to forge it. I know going on adventures can sometimes get some but I have gone on exploring dark caves twice and no luck. Since the skunkupines seem to avoid my queendom it's hard to make the spicy feast to go on more. I would love any suggestions on how to get me out of this goal without having to spend a lot of gems..

lotuskat
05-07-13, 11:04 AM
I have posted in another forum group but I want to know how to check if you have the fourth shard, I completed that goal ages ago so I don't remember. I can't complete a goal because I don't have enough mithril and I need a way to forge it. I know going on adventures can sometimes get some but I have gone on exploring dark caves twice and no luck. Since the skunkupines seem to avoidmy queendom it's hard to make the spicy feast to go on more. I would love any suggestions on how to get me out of this goal without having to spend a lot of gems..

Check your inventory. It should say how many shards you have.

Gardienn
05-07-13, 11:22 AM
If TL wants us to start using the regular version of the game again now that the Valentine's edition is over, can't they fix the building upgrade requirements to show the right items?

I went through the whole process yesterday (or the day before) to shut down the game, start up V-edition, check the building I wanted to upgrade, shut it down, and restart the regular edition and the piddly coin amount it'd said corrected to the right item and amount. Today it's back to showing a piddly coins on both library and theater upgrades.

What is it TL really wants us to do? Play V or original? I don't want to have to keep going through every other day or so to play the original version.

maguar
05-07-13, 03:24 PM
I have posted in another forum group but I want to know how to check if you have the fourth shard, I completed that goal ages ago so I don't remember. I can't complete a goal because I don't have enough mithril and I need a way to forge it. I know going on adventures can sometimes get some but I have gone on exploring dark caves twice and no luck. Since the skunkupines seem to avoid my queendom it's hard to make the spicy feast to go on more. I would love any suggestions on how to get me out of this goal without having to spend a lot of gems..

For skunks see here, (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=583018&viewfull=1#post583018) for mithril see here. (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=583118&viewfull=1#post583118) unfortunately mithril is pretty rare so it's more a choice hoping you get the fourth shard or mithril or paying gems to skip if you don't want to wait.

If TL wants us to start using the regular version of the game again now that the Valentine's edition is over, can't they fix the building upgrade requirements to show the right items?

I went through the whole process yesterday (or the day before) to shut down the game, start up V-edition, check the building I wanted to upgrade, shut it down, and restart the regular edition and the piddly coin amount it'd said corrected to the right item and amount. Today it's back to showing a piddly coins on both library and theater upgrades.

What is it TL really wants us to do? Play V or original? I don't want to have to keep going through every other day or so to play the original version.

They're aware of it. It will need an update to fix. The issue occurs when you look at an upgrade that needs coins and then look at one that doesn't. You can use the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agn56FhMH3MFdHhUQUZRaWFoZ21zY29kbDhnRmpSU EE) to see requirements instead of always checking the buildings.

Gardienn
05-07-13, 06:13 PM
They're aware of it. It will need an update to fix. The issue occurs when you look at an upgrade that needs coins and then look at one that doesn't. You can use the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agn56FhMH3MFdHhUQUZRaWFoZ21zY29kbDhnRmpSU EE) to see requirements instead of always checking the buildings.

Thanks for explaining why that happens. I'm glad they're aware of it. Hopefully it's a high priority update issue.

Thanks for all your help and conversation on this board. We all really appreciate how much time and work you put in here.

goldensed
05-08-13, 08:13 PM
Castle story asked for access to my photos after I snapped a pic of my kingdom. I've snapped one before but did not get that request. Why'd it happen now?

I don't know what the answer was and I got the same popup today. What do they do with our photos?

blurbie
05-08-13, 09:46 PM
What elements will be needed for building Sabina's house? I am arbitrarily making stuff while waiting for the cement. How many cement will be needed?

marse66
05-09-13, 03:10 AM
What do you get for reaching level 10 in fruit mania?

maguar
05-09-13, 03:55 AM
I don't know what the answer was and I got the same popup today. What do they do with our photos?

It's so the photo of your kingdom gets saved in your photos.

What elements will be needed for building Sabina's house? I am arbitrarily making stuff while waiting for the cement. How many cement will be needed?

3 ornate beams
3 ornate blocks
4 magic cement
1 heart of sands (from traverse the desert adventure)

Make sure you don't craft all ahead if time as there is a goal where you need to craft the block, beam and cement.

What do you get for reaching level 10 in fruit mania?

iOS players don't get rewards for playing other games. There are unrelated goals that do reward gems though.

QueenCarolyn
05-09-13, 08:59 AM
I just got my first Dark Cave Formation. What do I do with it? Should I just mine it like a pile of rocks or do I need to keep it?

mamareader02
05-09-13, 09:53 AM
I would wait to use it until you need jewels in a hurry-but it did give me some much needed silver

blurbie
05-09-13, 10:37 AM
I have only gotten 3 ever. I got one the other day that dropped the second mithril for Sabina's scissors. If you haven't got them yet, you might save the formation.

sobieski77
05-10-13, 09:38 AM
Can u still respond to a request even if u have already sent the max of 3 gifts a day?
Thank u 😄

lotuskat
05-10-13, 09:39 AM
Can u still respond to a request even if u have already sent the max of 3 gifts a day?
Thank u 😄

Yes you can.

sobieski77
05-24-13, 01:47 PM
I am a little confused about the trade routes goals. In particular, "Ivy's sister" and "Ship out the goodies." What are we paying 20,000 coins for? I really don't understand it at all. Could someone please help? I've looked all in the disscussion group for info but couldn't seem to find anything. Any Input would be much appreciated. Thank you.

lotuskat
05-24-13, 01:58 PM
I am a little confused about the trade routes goals. In particular, "Ivy's sister" and "Ship out the goodies." What are we paying 20,000 coins for? I really don't understand it at all. Could someone please help? I've looked all in the disscussion group for info but couldn't seem to find anything. Any Input would be much appreciated. Thank you.

See this post (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=624724&viewfull=1#post624724) for the two goals. They unlock new trade routes at the Royal Exchange.

jillianmaeee
05-24-13, 04:09 PM
My trade route got changed from 25strawberries and 5 sugar to 40 strawberry 25 glimmer bulbs and 2 sugar. Is this going to happen to all the trade routes? Or has happened to other people?

maguar
05-24-13, 05:50 PM
My trade route got changed from 25strawberries and 5 sugar to 40 strawberry 25 glimmer bulbs and 2 sugar. Is this going to happen to all the trade routes? Or has happened to other people?

Only the fruit and monster trades upgrade. The fruit trade will update if you collect a magic fruit. The monster trade upgrades after a couple of trades and defeating a troll.

sobieski77
05-25-13, 03:23 AM
Has anyone used the builders hammer for anything besides the builders caravan?
Thanks

vchanhs
05-25-13, 04:35 AM
Has anyone used the builders hammer for anything besides the builders caravan?
Thanks

Not that I know of.

lucylulu5
05-25-13, 05:13 PM
Does anyone know how helping out actually helps? I know when we get a heart it improves our social rating but what does it do for the player we have helped?

maguar
05-25-13, 06:00 PM
Does anyone know how helping out actually helps? I know when we get a heart it improves our social rating but what does it do for the player we have helped?

From the FAQ

What's the point of visiting people?

The first time you visit a neighbour each day it gives you a bonus of 1 xp or $5 for each visit. Also a chance to get 1 energy (to a max of 10/day).

For anyone you visit, if you can help their buildings, when they collect they get 1 extra xp and an extra 20% to the rent. Hopefully they'll return the visit.

justk9188
05-26-13, 04:40 AM
Can i get golden apple if i had 99 apples ?

jjbirdiv
05-26-13, 09:09 AM
Can i get golden apple if i had 99 apples ?

Yes, im maxed out on apples and still got a golden one.

sobieski77
05-26-13, 11:30 AM
Can the same building be helped more than once by another person on another day and get 20% more?

LadyAurora3
05-26-13, 01:45 PM
I need to force close due to monster suddenly moving out of my kingdom and can't get at it...forum on here says I need to force close to rectify it but as I'm on the iPad I'm wondering how this works? I don't want to delete game (as far as I can see on the iPad there is no "force close" option) and lose everything. Please can anyone help?! Thanks!

maguar
05-26-13, 03:16 PM
Can the same building be helped more than once by another person on another day and get 20% more?

If you've cleared (collected from the building) it can be helped again. There's only 1 help per collection.

I need to force close due to monster suddenly moving out of my kingdom and can't get at it...forum on here says I need to force close to rectify it but as I'm on the iPad I'm wondering how this works? I don't want to delete game (as far as I can see on the iPad there is no "force close" option) and lose everything. Please can anyone help?! Thanks!

Go out of the game, double click the home button, press and hold the castle app icon, click the minus icon on the xp castle app, press the home button. The game is now properly closed and can be restarted.

jillek2012
06-28-13, 06:02 AM
Hi this morning I received a message that a dragon egg had been found and I have to figure out how to hatch it. Does anyone have any more info on this? I have not received any more messages or any other changes that I can find.

lotuskat
06-28-13, 06:12 AM
Hi this morning I received a message that a dragon egg had been found and I have to figure out how to hatch it. Does anyone have any more info on this? I have not received any more messages or any other changes that I can find.

It's a rare drop from the Forgotten Roost. Check out this thread.

MiniLaura
06-28-13, 01:57 PM

information can be found in this thread. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54454-Dragon-egg)

dng1234
06-28-13, 03:33 PM
Who takes care of the spreadsheet? The upgrade for level 3-4 of the cathredal is 6 enchanted beams, 6 enchanted blocks, and 3 lumin essence. The link I have saved doesn't have it and I wanted to help out.

arale_norimaki
06-28-13, 03:37 PM
maguar does, you can add this information to the FEEDBACK tab of the spreadsheet, maguar will add it for you :)

maguar
06-28-13, 04:10 PM
I've just been a bit busy lately. This weekend I'll go through and update it again

dng1234
06-28-13, 06:46 PM
I've just been updating buildings lately while waiting for badges to drop so I've been relying on it a lot lately. I remember the feedback tab for future updates. Thanks again!

sobieski77
07-02-13, 10:08 PM
Hello
I have a question about The "Tabernum: Aquifers" quest. If I push the "Use" button on the stone and wood to see my progress so far, is it going to take any of those items out of my current inventory or only count the items I have already taken out for other uses? I just want to confirm that because I need all my wood right now for the Thurston goals & sometimes this game can be tricky and next thing u know something you've been working hard to save up is suddenly gone somewhere else.

Thx so much 🌻

ghjvcucjb
07-02-13, 10:18 PM
Hello
I have a question about The "Tabernum: Aquifers" quest. If I push the "Use" button on the stone and wood to see my progress so far, is it going to take any of those items out of my current inventory or only count the items I have already taken out for other uses? I just want to confirm that because I need all my wood right now for the Thurston goals & sometimes this game can be tricky and next thing u know something you've been working hard to save up is suddenly gone somewhere else.

Thx so much ��

Yes. Be very careful loading any item on any of the goals (or even expansions) before you are ready or have all the items.

Oliver118
07-02-13, 11:07 PM
For where Glimmerdust drops from you forgot to include the Glimmerdust Trove:p

sobieski77
07-03-13, 12:59 AM
Thank u for your response ghjvcucjb. I am really glad I asked. 😊

otgland
07-05-13, 08:03 AM
I only have one knowledge shard .... how do you get the others?

arale_norimaki
07-05-13, 08:34 AM
All shards are random drops from the Tablet of Tabernum. Check this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41680-Knowledge-Shard/) for more information about this.

letf8b
07-05-13, 08:23 PM
I have a Castle story ?????Not sure where to put? What is the gazebo with the crown in it just past the stairs? Will this be a new update? Or is it just decor like the stairs?

Oliver118
07-05-13, 11:25 PM
I have a Castle story ?????Not sure where to put? What is the gazebo with the crown in it just past the stairs? Will this be a new update? Or is it just decor like the stairs?

Don't ask me, I haven't seen that.

maguar
07-06-13, 01:44 AM

These are unreleased content at the moment. We'll be able to unlock them with future updates. Not sure what they'll do though.

alyanaalyana
07-06-13, 03:10 AM
Has anyone figured out the "secret effects" of the knowledge shards, apart from the ones in quest descriptions?

maguar
07-06-13, 03:16 AM
From what we've been able to work out, the secret effects are the fey crystals. We don't know what they'll be used for yet.

alyanaalyana
07-06-13, 03:17 AM
Thanks!

sobieski77
07-07-13, 10:35 AM
I hope I'm not asking a question that has already been answered a dozen times. If so, I apologize but can't seem to find it. I have done everything it says in the postings for thurstons goals and I thought I was ready to forge the sword "Excalibum", but I can't figure out how. It's not showing up in the magic forge. Do I need to also upgrade the tavern to level 4 before I can do it? I doesn't list that in the posting.

Thank u 😊

maguar
07-07-13, 02:14 PM
Hi sobieski77, what are the quests that you currently have?

sobieski77
07-07-13, 07:54 PM
I finally got the Excalibam quest and then the secrets of Mithril. I already had 4 mithril so I started forging the sword. Had an adventure started already so waiting for that so I can send my knights to explore the dark caves.
Thank u Maguar, I guess I just needed to be a little more patient. 😊🌻

OlkaDragons
07-07-13, 10:54 PM
Hello! Guys, what goal appears earlier - find Tablet of Tabernum or find the Magic garden? Where is better to expand first? What is more useful?
I'm level 11 now

theatrgoddess
07-07-13, 11:24 PM
I hope this isn't a stupid ? I'm fairly new to this game. I get mags that I can't have any more milk, eggs,etc. is there something I should do about that? If that's true do I not bother spending energy to milk the cows or gather eggs from chickens. Thx

ghjvcucjb
07-08-13, 12:05 AM
I hope this isn't a stupid ? I'm fairly new to this game. I get mags that I can't have any more milk, eggs,etc. is there something I should do about that? If that's true do I not bother spending energy to milk the cows or gather eggs from chickens. Thx

Most items max out at 99 in inventory and thats when you will see the full message. You have several choices.

To maximize collections you want to try and use an item before you hit the max. Example for your milk you may want to use it to make something in your kitchen or in the exchange if you have it. Once you go below 99, you will stop seeing that messge and once again will start recieving that item again, until you max out again.

Or you can also choose to ignore the message. I am always maxed out on water but need fish and mermaid scales so I keep using energy to collect but ignore the full water message.

maguar
07-08-13, 02:29 AM
I finally got the Excalibam quest and then the secrets of Mithril. I already had 4 mithril so I started forging the sword. Had an adventure started already so waiting for that so I can send my knights to explore the dark caves.
Thank u Maguar, I guess I just needed to be a little more patient. ����

Well this game certainly does help with patience training :) glad you got it

Hello! Guys, what goal appears earlier - find Tablet of Tabernum or find the Magic garden? Where is better to expand first? What is more useful?
I'm level 11 now

Depends on where your up to with your other goals. To unlock the magic garden you have to complete the quests that unlock and build Ivy's house. For the tablet I think you need to expand to it and then do the quests. Been a little while

OlkaDragons
07-08-13, 02:45 AM
Depends on where your up to with your other goals. To unlock the magic garden you have to complete the quests that unlock and build Ivy's house. For the tablet I think you need to expand to it and then do the quests. Been a little while

Thanks a lot for your answer!
I have just built Tom's house and got the Tablet quest. But it takes a lot of time and resources to expand there and do that researchers and I don't understand is the tablet useful? What it does? Is it worth of that wastes?
Magic Garden seems more useful for me (but I might wrong and wanted to ask high level players about benefits), but now I have no Ivy quests at all. I built a Potion shop, crafted glue, dye and banner. What I have to do for Ivy's house goal appeared?

maguar
07-08-13, 03:17 AM
OlkaDragon see here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=481854&viewfull=1#post481854) for the quests that go to Ivy's house.

Magic garden pros - chance of getting golden apple, can drop Glimmerdust and living wood, needed to get the purple cow, adds royal points

Magic garden cons - drops glimmerbulbs which does the first upgrade of the fruit trade. Drops magic fruit which does the second upgrade if the fruit trade

Tablet pros - chance of getting a shard (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41680-Knowledge-Shard&p=479721&viewfull=1#post479721) which makes the game easier to play, adds royal points

Tablet cons - takes a lot of Glimmerdust, chance of shard is very rare so it can frustrate people

OlkaDragons
07-08-13, 03:45 AM
Maguar, great thanks!
It seems I just have to wait until Growing Home goal appears. If there's no some triggers...
I understood pros and cons, so will work towards Tablet goal step by step while waiting Growing Home goal appears.

OlkaDragons
07-08-13, 12:46 PM
TWIMC:
Growing Home Goal appears on level 12 :)

OlkaDragons
07-11-13, 02:12 AM
Have one more question :) Valentine edition is gone, but Entwined seeds and Kissing dust are still available as a gifts. Are they useless now? Why people gift them?

filmfiend46
07-11-13, 08:19 AM
I have questions about the neighbors responding to requests. I send out requests for things like the pigeon or the masks and I get posts in the message box saying "so and so responded to your quest for help. Why not pay them a visit?" I go to their kingdom but then nothing happens. Am I supposed to automatically get something? Do I have to dig around for it? I checked the FAQ and this whole help forum, but maybe I missed some tips? I appreciate any help with this! I just started friending people last night so I'm a bit new to this. Thank you!

lotuskat
07-11-13, 09:59 AM
Have one more question :) Valentine edition is gone, but Entwined seeds and Kissing dust are still available as a gifts. Are they useless now? Why people gift them?

You can still craft items at the Love Shack using those items. But yeah, generally they're not as useful as the gifts from the original CS.

I have questions about the neighbors responding to requests. I send out requests for things like the pigeon or the masks and I get posts in the message box saying "so and so responded to your quest for help. Why not pay them a visit?" I go to their kingdom but then nothing happens. Am I supposed to automatically get something? Do I have to dig around for it? I checked the FAQ and this whole help forum, but maybe I missed some tips? I appreciate any help with this! I just started friending people last night so I'm a bit new to this. Thank you!

If you see that message, it means your neighbor responded to your request and the item's automatically added to your inventory. You don't have to do anything. The message is just suggesting you visit the neighbors who have responded to your request and either thanking them or helping them (by tapping on any hearts) if you haven't already.

OlkaDragons
07-11-13, 01:00 PM
You can still craft items at the Love Shack using those items. But yeah, generally they're not as useful as the gifts from the original CS.

Thanks! But as I understood if I started to play 2 weeks ago (after Valentine edition is gone), I will not get Valentine goals and will not be available to built a Love Shack. Am I wrong?

lotuskat
07-12-13, 09:46 AM
Thanks! But as I understood if I started to play 2 weeks ago (after Valentine edition is gone), I will not get Valentine goals and will not be available to built a Love Shack. Am I wrong?

I think you're right on that regard. So the gift options are there for those players who have been around longer.

katcassie
07-12-13, 12:47 PM
I haven't seen mithril since very early on in the game, did I miss something I needed to do to get it? Only every got 1 or 2 pieces. I'm on level 27 almost 28.
Also I have only been rewarded with 2 shards and that was a few months back. I believe I have completed all quest up until now. My Deep mine is at level 2 and I can't increase it's level without mithril or make the magic scissors. I'm feeling stumped.
Love this game by the way, great way to bring all the great story games together in one super, interesting game!

maguar
07-12-13, 05:48 PM
katcassie someone has answered you here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=684735&viewfull=1#post684735).

vchanhs
07-12-13, 07:17 PM
I have 150 plus gems. Should I spent on trees, or glimmerdust trove or a black cow or just left it for future uses with gems traps waiting?

dragonflyagk
07-12-13, 10:44 PM
My question is about the gifts part of the newsfeed. The FAQ says this "When a new game day starts you'll see the last 20 gifts you received".

I use this feed to regift to my neighbors and I do the oldest 3 on the list every day. It sounds like people will disappear off of this list even if I have not gifted them back. So I can't really use it to make sure I eventually gift back everyone who sent me a gift. Is that correct?

maguar
07-13-13, 12:01 AM
My question is about the gifts part of the newsfeed. The FAQ says this "When a new game day starts you'll see the last 20 gifts you received".

I use this feed to regift to my neighbors and I do the oldest 3 on the list every day. It sounds like people will disappear off of this list even if I have not gifted them back. So I can't really use it to make sure I eventually gift back everyone who sent me a gift. Is that correct?

That's correct. If you've got regular gifters it's not too much of an issue. If you have lots of different ones you can try keeping a list.

justk9188
07-13-13, 09:35 AM
I can't sell spire of love.
Is that means it can't be sold ?

clarkstonia
07-13-13, 09:52 AM
Do we not need expansion permits once we expand fully and achieve the trade market badge? I noticed I'm no longer able to craft expansion permits in my trade market once I earned the badge. I've also force closed the game and have recent updates for the game and operating system.

However, I'm still able to craft the expansions in my other kingdom and have not yet earned the trade badge nor have expanded fully.

justk9188
07-13-13, 09:57 AM
I've looked at some old posts about Feed Baron.
Hads anyone get reward named "Favor" ?
It's the reward gives 1 gem.
I got one, but lost the gem for some reason,
And even TL supporters can't find out why.
I just want to share some interesting things, not complains :p

maguar
07-13-13, 05:23 PM
I can't sell spire of love.
Is that means it can't be sold ?

They can't be sold and don't count towards any building limit

Do we not need expansion permits once we expand fully and achieve the trade market badge? I noticed I'm no longer able to craft expansion permits in my trade market once I earned the badge. I've also force closed the game and have recent updates for the game and operating system.

However, I'm still able to craft the expansions in my other kingdom and have not yet earned the trade badge nor have expanded fully.

The option to craft permits disappears when you are fully expanded. If future updates give expansions that need permits you'll get the option back.

sobieski77
07-15-13, 11:17 AM
Hi, I am wondering about a couple things. Hope someone can help. There were a couple valentine goals that I didn't do & I figured it would be fine because the valentine version had finished. Am I right ? Or are these going to affect my overall game?
Also, does the quest for the glimmer dust trove have any rewards besides the trove itself? Does it trigger anything?
Thanks so much to all players who are always so patient with the many questions some of us ask. It is greatly appreciated. 😄

MiniLaura
07-15-13, 12:09 PM
Hi, I am wondering about a couple things. Hope someone can help. There were a couple valentine goals that I didn't do & I figured it would be fine because the valentine version had finished. Am I right ? Or are these going to affect my overall game?
Also, does the quest for the glimmer dust trove have any rewards besides the trove itself? Does it trigger anything?
Thanks so much to all players who are always so patient with the many questions some of us ask. It is greatly appreciated. 

You don't need to finish the Valentine's goals if you don't want to. Not finishing doesn't affect future game play. However, crafting the Alicorn is one of the last goals, so if you want an Alicorn without buying it with gems, you have to get to the end of the Alicorn goal chain.

The trove quest just gives you a trove (and presumably other normal stuff) and does not trigger anything. You can also get the trove as a random drop from other adventures (that's where I got mine).

jimboser
07-15-13, 01:21 PM
The option to craft permits disappears when you are fully expanded. If future updates give expansions that need permits you'll get the option back.

More correctly, the option disappears after you have have no more expansions NEEDING a permit. I've got a few spaces still to expand to, had only one left that required a permit. Used my permit but didn't pay the coins or lanterns to expand, and found my ability to craft expansion permits was gone.

maguar
07-15-13, 03:18 PM
More correctly, the option disappears after you have have no more expansions NEEDING a permit. I've got a few spaces still to expand to, had only one left that required a permit. Used my permit but didn't pay the coins or lanterns to expand, and found my ability to craft expansion permits was gone.

To true. Sorry about that.

I need notice that there were a number of expansions that were previously permit free needing permits now (that stretch near the glimmergate's).

Gardienn
07-15-13, 08:04 PM
To true. Sorry about that.

I need notice that there were a number of expansions that were previously permit free needing permits now (that stretch near the glimmergate's).

Is it wise to make a few extra expansion permits before expanding the last one, or is it wasted tickets, which I suppose it could be if TL decides permits was an unpopular move? I haven't collected from my magic garden yet and am wondering when the right time is so I don't upgrade my rare fruit trade to magic fruit trade too soon. Guess I'd better go hunt down updated info on what the magic garden spits out so I know when I actually need stuff from it.

maguar
07-16-13, 05:35 AM
Unknown about getting extra permits. TL hasn't come out strongly either way

Magic garden can drop - glimmerbulbs, Glimmerdust, magic fruit, living wood, mysterious venom, fairy in jar and golden apple. Please note that getting glimmerbulb and magic fruit will upgrade your fruit trade (more ingridents, rewards, time so you can't do it as often). It will also give you the quest to get purple cow - purple petals, purple dye, purple hide, glimmerbulb, gems.

Gardienn
07-16-13, 06:04 AM
Unknown about getting extra permits. TL hasn't come out strongly either way

Magic garden can drop - glimmerbulbs, Glimmerdust, magic fruit, living wood, mysterious venom, fairy in jar and golden apple. Please note that getting glimmerbulb and magic fruit will upgrade your fruit trade (more ingridents, rewards, time so you can't do it as often). It will also give you the quest to get purple cow - purple petals, purple dye, purple hide, glimmerbulb, gems.

It sounds like I'm already getting most of those things from other sources, so I'll keep holding off on collecting from it for awhile. I don't see why I need glimmer fruit, and I don't need a purple cow and purple hides or dye right now. Quicker trades are more advantageous to me at the moment. Thanks, Maguar.

ashleighncurrie
07-16-13, 08:06 AM
Have sheep always cost gems? Just brought a normal sheep and thought they cost coins?

arale_norimaki
07-16-13, 09:14 AM
Have sheep always cost gems? Just brought a normal sheep and thought they cost coins?

Yes, they always have. You can get wool from stables and prime cuts from cows, so since you can obtain all of their drops from things that cost coins, they are not indispensable. Of course they are cute so we all want them, but that's a different thing ;)

Since they drop wool and a decent amount of cuts, imho it is good to have at least one. Remember you can get them from adventures too :)

klembodius2
07-17-13, 07:56 PM
Do you know which trees trigger skunkupines the most when chopping? or is it any tree. I've got skunkupines and fangbeasts from chopping diff trees so I didn't know if it was random or what the deal was. Thanks

SpiritWind00
07-17-13, 08:07 PM
Like a lot of players, I have not received either of the alicorn parts (horn or wing). I even sent my knights out on valentine quest 3-4 times in the past week or 2 and still nothing. Is this a glitch? I am unwilling to use my gems to skip, but when you see players with several of them, it is discouraging. I am at level 30 and send knights out as soon as one quest finishes. Any chance you can provide some assistance or get TL programmers to check this 'random' issue. I'm sure you will have hundreds of more happy players. Thank you so much!

minndom
07-17-13, 10:37 PM
Where have all the nice fishies gone? I seem to get more mermaid scales than fish today.

arale_norimaki
07-17-13, 10:45 PM
Do you know which trees trigger skunkupines the most when chopping? or is it any tree. I've got skunkupines and fangbeasts from chopping diff trees so I didn't know if it was random or what the deal was. Thanks

For me, they are random. I think I have got skunkupines and fangbeast pop up chopping the same tree :(

The best way to attract skunkupines is to water flowers or harvest corn, wheat, tomatoes or sugar cane. No fangbeast should pop up with any of those

arale_norimaki
07-17-13, 11:03 PM
Like a lot of players, I have not received either of the alicorn parts (horn or wing). I even sent my knights out on valentine quest 3-4 times in the past week or 2 and still nothing. Is this a glitch? I am unwilling to use my gems to skip, but when you see players with several of them, it is discouraging. I am at level 30 and send knights out as soon as one quest finishes. Any chance you can provide some assistance or get TL programmers to check this 'random' issue. I'm sure you will have hundreds of more happy players. Thank you so much!

You can receive your horn and wing from ANY adventure, not just Valentine's, so I recommend you use the adventure that fits your needs. However, these are random drops, super random actually. While some people has been able to craft several alicorns, others can't seem to find these parts! I have been sending my knight out daily since the end of February and have received only a wing (and got it recently, the 1st of July); I know at least two other people in the same situation (one of them reached the goal a week before I did).

arale_norimaki
07-17-13, 11:05 PM
Where have all the nice fishies gone? I seem to get more mermaid scales than fish today.

I take it you need fish, right? For the last week I get one fish per collection (whenever I don't get one, the next well gives me two!). I am maxed out all the time, even though am doing the Meat Delivery trade to use it up!

SpiritWind00
07-18-13, 12:29 AM
You can receive your horn and wing from ANY adventure, not just Valentine's, so I recommend you use the adventure that fits your needs. However, these are random drops, super random actually. While some people has been able to craft several alicorns, others can't seem to find these parts! I have been sending my knight out daily since the end of February and have received only a wing (and got it recently, the 1st of July); I know at least two other people in the same situation (one of them reached the goal a week before I did).

I know it's from any adventure, but I figured I would try the val ones again just in case. Lots of my neighbours at l30 do not have alicorn yet. I would like to hear from one of the moderators what there thoughts are though.

minndom
07-18-13, 01:24 AM
I used to be maxed out on fish but I've seen a drastic decrease in the drop rate recently. Now I think I have 5 fish..

maguar
07-18-13, 02:39 AM
I know it's from any adventure, but I figured I would try the val ones again just in case. Lots of my neighbours at l30 do not have alicorn yet. I would like to hear from one of the moderators what there thoughts are though.

I can confirm that it's not a glitch. It's a very rare drop from adventures. Doing lots if asventures gives you lots of chances but each time its still a very rare drop.

People who have a couple have either been very lucky or have skipped and bought parts to get them.

cheryllemon
07-18-13, 04:02 AM
It sounds like I'm already getting most of those things from other sources, so I'll keep holding off on collecting from it for awhile. I don't see why I need glimmer fruit, and I don't need a purple cow and purple hides or dye right now. Quicker trades are more advantageous to me at the moment. Thanks, Maguar.

The purple cow will give you gems. I get 3-4 gems a week from it.

SpiritWind00
07-18-13, 11:28 PM
Thank you for letting me know. So I guess it is just the biggest waiting game of all for this goal... On a brighter note, I finished the trials and got the Knights Hall. Thanks for making it a freebie building TL.

thegamequeen
07-19-13, 12:47 AM
You can use this thread to ask questions that haven't been answered in the new and improved FAQs thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved). I'll the move the question and answer into the FAQ. This will keep the FAQ easy to read.

how do you grow the Fluttermush Ring in the 'Master Botanist' challenge. I have grown everything else several times over and it's not in my market to buy !

justk9188
07-19-13, 01:06 AM
how do you grow the Fluttermush Ring in the 'Master Botanist' challenge. I have grown everything else several times over and it's not in my market to buy !
Make a lot of flowers.
I took me nearly 100 times to get the Ring.
Kinda frustrated hmm ? :)

lotuskat
07-19-13, 06:55 AM
Make a lot of flowers.

The Master Botanist Goal actually took me as long as the Alicorn Goal. It was one of the hardest I've had!

maguar
07-19-13, 04:45 PM

Make a lot of flowers.

It's also a random drop from the valentines adventure

Alkamizt
07-20-13, 04:43 AM
I have a stupid question. Not sure if it has been asked or answered before.
I don't see the point of upgrading buildings, eg. saw mills, stables, etc. All it seem to do is to reduce the drop time by a few minutes (out of hours!) and maybe increase the coins drop and/or royal points by a little bit.
Does it increase the probability of drops? For example, does a Level 5 saw mill have a higher chance of dropping more sap than, say, a level 1 saw mill?

arale_norimaki
07-20-13, 04:55 AM
You are right, upgrading doesn't change the drops, but if you are a very active player even a 45 minutes reduction may be interesting. I love having my resource buildings upgraded, that's the first thing I did with the original four. Now I am working on the upgrades for the Deep mines (they drop from 10 to 8 hours if you get them to level 5) and Wizard School (extra energy also!).

As for royal buildings, royal points are needed for expansions, so it depends on how may you already have. It is a good way of increasing your RP without adding any extra building :)

Town buildings are the least interesting for me, I have done those required by goal and some others to use up some materials (I don't like being maxed up).

Alkamizt
07-20-13, 05:03 AM
Yes, I have both my Wizard schools upgraded to level 5 and 4 as I can see the actual value of doing so. But my saw mills are still at level 3 :)

wassupbaby
07-21-13, 05:55 AM
i have a question regarding the unicorn statue. I currently have 16 statues and just made another one but i cant place or store it. I dont think 16 is the maximum amount we could have, i just dont know what to sell in order to make more. I thought unicorn statue is under Decoration so i've sold a beast statue,a pink unicorn statue but still couldnt place more , i also sold a gate , fountain .... but still couldnt figure it out ughh. Any help is appreciated. Thanks !

maguar
07-21-13, 03:10 PM
I know there is a limit on statues (don't know what it is though). I would have thought it would stop you crafting more not placing or storing one you've crafted. Have you tried force closing and restarting? Or deleting and reinstalling?

I've also asked about this as well.

wassupbaby
07-22-13, 04:01 AM
I know there is a limit on statues (don't know what it is though). I would have thought it would stop you crafting more not placing or storing one you've crafted. Have you tried force closing and restarting? Or deleting and reinstalling?

I've seen my neighbor,who has like 30 unicorn statues so i guess i'm far from the limit, just try to figure out what to sell.I force close my game every time i stop playing and now i just deleted it and reinstall but nope ,it stays the same. And you know what , it just get WORSE :( i just got my 6th royal carriage and the same thing happened :( so i guess royal carriage and unicorn statue is on the same category - royal decoration i guess , but it's still weird , so i have 16 statues and 5 carriages that makes 21 royal decorations, still doesnt hit the limit yet .Looking forward to your answer from TL , thanks so much for your help :)

wassupbaby
07-22-13, 06:34 AM
so i looked through my kingdom again and again. What could possibly considered as royal decorations ? Then i remember there was a time Overgrown Bench gives us 12 RP but it was a glitch and it's fixed. Out of desperation to begin a new adventure i sold my Overgrown Bench and YAY , now i can place my carriage. But still, what else is considered as royal decorations and what's the maximum amount we could have ? I think there's a limit on royal decorations but not on statues particularly.

hansidox14
07-22-13, 06:47 PM
Can anyone answer this...do I have to have 3 shards before I can forge Mithril? I have some from my mines, but I haven't gotten any in a week

wassupbaby
07-23-13, 05:34 AM
Can anyone answer this...do I have to have 3 shards before I can forge Mithril? I have some from my mines, but I haven't gotten any in a week

no you dont, in fact , you have to have 4 shards before you can forge mithril :)

dafnimagnolia
07-23-13, 11:23 AM
I can't raise a glimmer troll to save my life...and when I do manage, they don't drop troll essence! I've been dry for days! I've gone back to doing the love and spicy feast quests, boo!

hansidox14
07-23-13, 12:33 PM
So what do I need to do to produce more shards? I have had 2 for 2 weeks...

Em_storm
07-24-13, 05:36 AM
I can't raise a glimmer troll to save my life...and when I do manage, they don't drop troll essence! I've been dry for days! I've gone back to doing the love and spicy feast quests, boo!

This link should have the info you need about glimmer trolls. If it doesn't work, look on the main Castle Story page for Castle Story FAQ- Improved and click on "How do I attract glimmer trolls?"

There is nothing you can do to "produce" them. They are a random drop. All you can do is wait. My fourth shard came at least 3 months after the other 3, and they were spaced maybe 2-3 weeks apart.

Em_storm
07-24-13, 05:41 AM
My link didn't appear. Hard to type on these little tiny phone buttons. :p

oly54
07-24-13, 07:31 AM
Have all parts needed to Ivy's hut, but the green build button is not light up. How can I finish it?

Gardienn
07-24-13, 09:18 AM

Keep collecting and waiting and focusing elsewhere. It can be months before you see another shard. They're rare drops.

maguar
07-25-13, 03:43 AM
Have all parts needed to Ivy's hut, but the green build button is not light up. How can I finish it?

What materials does it show? Is one for 40 coins? If so this is a display issue and should be 40 Glimmerdust. Update to the latest version and this will be fixed.

sobieski77
07-25-13, 07:57 AM
Hello everyone,
I am a bit confused AGAIN :) I was working towards freeing Sabina and when I saw how many hours were involved In crafting The items for Sabina's house, I decided to start right away and I managed to finish them before Sabina's was free. However, now I see the 'strictly ornament' goal telling me to craft one of each of the items and It won't let me use the ones already in my inventory. Is this possibly the goal that triggers the 'traverse the desert sands adventure' so I can get th
Heart of the Sands, the only remaining item i need for her house?
I hope someone can help.
Thank u everyone so much for taking the time to answer the many questions some
Of us frequently have. 😄🌻

maguar
07-25-13, 03:06 PM
Any goals that require you to craft/make/forge require you to do that after you get the goal. It doesn't count the ones you've already done. You will need to craft these items as the goal is a requirement to unlock the desert adventure.

journeysmom
07-25-13, 04:12 PM
Any goals that require you to craft/make/forge require you to do that after you get the goal. It doesn't count the ones you've already done. You will need to craft these items as the goal is a requirement to unlock the desert adventure.

Isn't that only partially true? Some of these quests do require "new" crafted materials, but I think the majority allow previously crafted materials.

I am HOPING that the ten mithrils I have already crafted will count toward the next goal (the dragon egg line I think).

ghjvcucjb
07-25-13, 06:43 PM
Isn't that only partially true? Some of these quests do require "new" crafted materials, but I think the majority allow previously crafted materials.

I am HOPING that the ten mithrils I have already crafted will count toward the next goal (the dragon egg line I think).
My one mithril in inventory that I had prior to getting the dragon egg did count so yours probably will too.

I could be wrong but the Sabina quest line was the first time we found out that we couldn't use already crafted items and had to start fresh. Many of us had pre made the items and then had to remake them. This doesn't seem to be the case for this last goal with the dragon as I have mentioned, my 1 mithril did apply.

------------

Just an aside to no one in particular...
I HIGHLY recommend to everyone that prior to or while starting an already known goal, do some research here on the forums and find out all the ins and outs to the goal before doing something that has been posted about a zillion times already. it may help you to avoid some of the same frustrations many of us already went through and posted about.

maguar
07-26-13, 04:30 AM

The quest was to complete an activity not to have an item. This is similar to the quests that require you to harvest x or collect from y. It won't count the fact that you've harvested a million wheat, you need to harvest x more (as an example). If the mithril is just an ingrident in the net you should be fine to use your existing stock.

My one mithril in inventory that I had prior to getting the dragon egg did count so yours probably will too.

I could be wrong but the Sabina quest line was the first time we found out that we couldn't use already crafted items and had to start fresh. Many of us had pre made the items and then had to remake them. This doesn't seem to be the case for this last goal with the dragon as I have mentioned, my 1 mithril did apply.

------------

Just an aside to no one in particular...
I HIGHLY recommend to everyone that prior to or while starting an already known goal, do some research here on the forums and find out all the ins and outs to the goal before doing something that has been posted about a zillion times already. it may help you to avoid some of the same frustrations many of us already went through and posted about.

I'm gonna say that there were some earlier ones. Advanced construction where you need to craft fancy blocks and beams and telescopes and tablets where you had to "find" the items was another.

So bottom line it is a matter of semantics - if the goal is asking you to do something you have to do it. If it is asking you to have something you just need to possess it. (I know I sound pedantic but if you understand this distinction it greatly reduces you're frustration with goals in all of the TL games)

wassupbaby
07-27-13, 03:02 AM
still nothing for my issue ,maguar ?

maguar
07-27-13, 06:59 PM
still nothing for my issue ,maguar ?

Didn't mean to leave you hanging. Can you please confirm which one you're after?

marse66
07-27-13, 08:36 PM
I have 9 badges and still waiting for the farmer badge... I updated all of the veggies to 99' flowers, fruits and spent some then up the limit back to 99 and nothing... I actually got all of my other badges pretty quick but this one is giving a hard time... What to do?

maguar
07-27-13, 09:13 PM
The farmer badge only comes from crops - not fruit trees and flowers (as far as I'm aware). Just keep planting and harvesting crops and you'll eventually get it.

hansidox14
07-27-13, 09:29 PM
What can I do to get shards from my Tablet of Tabermum? Can I move it near something, finish a building...anything. 10 days and none :-(

maguar
07-27-13, 09:45 PM
What can I do to get shards from my Tablet of Tabermum? Can I move it near something, finish a building...anything. 10 days and none :-(

Unfortunately those things don't have any effect. You'll just need to keep collecting from the tablet

Laserlady
07-28-13, 09:05 AM
At level 29. Can't buy Royal Chateau as game says I need to level up to have more buildings of this type. How can I sell other royal buildings? Will levelling up to level 30 allow me to purchase Royal Chateau?

Gardienn
07-28-13, 09:40 AM
Here's a plain question: What do the five stars on some of the threads mean?

maguar
07-28-13, 03:00 PM
At level 29. Can't buy Royal Chateau as game says I need to level up to have more buildings of this type. How can I sell other royal buildings? Will levelling up to level 30 allow me to purchase Royal Chateau?

The cap is about 26 royal buildings. To sell go into edit mode, select the item, press the sell icon (money bag).

Here's a plain question: What do the five stars on some of the threads mean?

At the top of the thread there is an option to rate the thread. The stars are the average number that people have rated it. 5 stars means excellent

Gardienn
07-28-13, 06:10 PM
At the top of the thread there is an option to rate the thread. The stars are the average number that people have rated it. 5 stars means excellent

Oh ho! Well, then, I might just rate some threads. Thanks, Maguar. :)

skxuelin
07-29-13, 09:49 AM
I just started castle story a couple weeks ago. There are many references of valentine's edition here, and I'm very confused of what is available for me now.

The FAQ said that if you have the Love Shack you can access valentine's items. I'm guessing that is not an option for me as I just started and had no access to ANY valentine's items, including the love shack, correct?
Then why in the gift sections, there are a whole bunch of valentine's related items such as love wood, etc.?

I'm trying to collect red petals for Ivy's quest and have been chopping tree in the log etc. like suggested, but it is a very rare drop. I've spent tons of coins and chopping. I would love to get it from the valentine's plants like said in the forum, but I'm guessing I cannot do it with the version I have? :(

MiniLaura
07-29-13, 11:21 AM
I just started castle story a couple weeks ago. There are many references of valentine's edition here, and I'm very confused of what is available for me now.

The FAQ said that if you have the Love Shack you can access valentine's items. I'm guessing that is not an option for me as I just started and had no access to ANY valentine's items, including the love shack, correct?
Then why in the gift sections, there are a whole bunch of valentine's related items such as love wood, etc.?

I'm trying to collect red petals for Ivy's quest and have been chopping tree in the log etc. like suggested, but it is a very rare drop. I've spent tons of coins and chopping. I would love to get it from the valentine's plants like said in the forum, but I'm guessing I cannot do it with the version I have? :(

You are correct. You cannot get the Valentine's version anymore, and even if you did, you would not be able to start the goal chain that would lead to the Love Shack.

In the vague recesses of my mind, I recall being able to request red petals from neighbors for something or other.

ETA: I found more information (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?37018-Red-Petals). Apparently, you used to be able to request red petals when building the Conservatory, but that option was taken away. :( Bummer

raycholio
07-29-13, 11:38 AM

I had better luck chopping the tall patches of grass for red petals. I'd say one out of every 4-5 chops was a red petal. Good luck!

OlkaDragons
07-29-13, 12:50 PM
If we had no chance to craft valentine plants that are best source of red petals, then return collecting them from Conservatory!!
Goals is still the same (I need 20 of them) but it'much more difficult to get this.

OlkaDragons
07-29-13, 12:51 PM
Or return requesting red petals from friends...

wassupbaby
07-29-13, 01:49 PM
i have a question regarding the unicorn statue. I currently have 16 statues and just made another one but i cant place or store it. I dont think 16 is the maximum amount we could have, i just dont know what to sell in order to make more. I thought unicorn statue is under Decoration so i've sold a beast statue,a pink unicorn statue but still couldnt place more , i also sold a gate , fountain .... but still couldnt figure it out ughh. Any help is appreciated. Thanks !

Didn't mean to leave you hanging. Can you please confirm which one you're after?

thanks

wolftiger1234
07-29-13, 02:50 PM
I just started playing so this confuses me so. For the goal sir piggiggles (or whatever it is) and it says to collect the golden egg, apple and something else. Well I have the egg and the something else...but the apple is taking forever. Is that because I have to actually buy the aple tree for 80 gems to get it? I've been using the crab apple trees but with no luck :(

shambalaya
07-29-13, 02:57 PM
I just started playing so this confuses me so. For the goal sir piggiggles (or whatever it is) and it says to collect the golden egg, apple and something else. Well I have the egg and the something else...but the apple is taking forever. Is that because I have to actually buy the aple tree for 80 gems to get it? I've been using the crab apple trees but with no luck :(

You can also get the golden apple from magic garden, if you have expanded to it and unveiled it. You can get an apple tree from doing the adventure "explore the dark caves", it's a rare drop though, just like the golden apple is. I bought my first apple tree (and later got two more from the dark caves) and it took me over 100 collections from it to get the golden apple. Some goals require a lot of patience, good luck :-)

wolftiger1234
07-29-13, 03:11 PM
You can also get the golden apple from magic garden, if you have expanded to it and unveiled it. You can get an apple tree from doing the adventure "explore the dark caves", it's a rare drop though, just like the golden apple is. I bought my first apple tree (and later got two more from the dark caves) and it took me over 100 collections from it to get the golden apple. Some goals require a lot of patience, good luck :-)

Thanks for the fast response! Awesome great to know :) ill starting making my way towards the magic garden and until I get there ill try the crab apple trees some more :)

TinksThots
07-29-13, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the fast response! Awesome great to know :) ill starting making my way towards the magic garden and until I get there ill try the crab apple trees some more :)
Crab apple trees won't give you golden apples. :(

wolftiger1234
07-29-13, 03:26 PM
Crab apple trees won't give you golden apples. :(

Ah fooy then :( wasn't too clear bout that one I guess

maguar
07-29-13, 05:01 PM

I've had it confirmed that you've hit the limit on royal decorations and will need to sell one to place the statue.

wassupbaby
07-29-13, 07:12 PM
I've had it confirmed that you've hit the limit on royal decorations and will need to sell one to place the statue.

of course i hit the limit but i have 2 simple question : What's the limit ? a friend of mine told me 30 but he himself has more than 30. And the 2nd question : what else are considered as royal decoration ? because obviously it's not only dragon, unicorn statues and carriage like it shows in game.

sobieski77
07-30-13, 03:11 AM
Just saying "Thanks",

I would like to thank all the players who are so diligent about responding to the materials requests we send out to help fulfill our goal requirements even though sometimes we have to ask 2-3X for the same item because so many are needed. I too do my best to respond as soon as I get a request from a friend & neighbor;however, I notice that a few are 2-3 days old when I get them so although it may not seem that way, I am very conscientious about "returning favors" & accepting requests as promptly as the game allows me.

😃🌻

Laserlady
08-04-13, 07:55 AM
What is the value of receiving XP when visiting a neighbor when you are at Level 30 in Castle Story? XP points increase but nothing else has happened so far.

lotuskat
08-05-13, 07:58 AM
What is the value of receiving XP when visiting a neighbor when you are at Level 30 in Castle Story? XP points increase but nothing else has happened so far.

No value at all.

ghjvcucjb
08-05-13, 09:19 AM
Bragging rights on the "how many xp do you have at level 30" thread.

MiniLaura
08-05-13, 11:09 AM

If TL ever adds more levels, the XP you have earn will automatically count toward the added levels. So if they added levels to 40, and you had already earned enough XP to be at level 35, you would instantly jump to that level. In other games, some people have immediately jumped from one level max to the new level max because of all their XP.

bowlfullofcherries
08-05-13, 04:14 PM
It is a brag. It is also laughing at ourselves.

gingeronie
09-05-13, 09:23 PM
I've been playing the game for several months and I'm maxed at level 30. I just completed my last expansion and now when I try to expand I get a pop up message stating that I've already expanded in Glimmer Woods that's safe to explore.

I saw on one of your threads that further expansion will be in future updates. However there are two areas, one with what looks like a stone arch with chains and the other is a small glittery building. When I click on either I get a message to expand there to claim my prize.

Do I have to complete a quest or is this part of some future roll out? Why are the items there if we cannot expand to claim them? I'm at a point where I cannot do much more and now the game is boring. Any idea how long before we can expand further?

Thanks.

mikado86
09-05-13, 09:38 PM
I've been playing the game for several months and I'm maxed at level 30. I just completed my last expansion and now when I try to expand I get a pop up message stating that I've already expanded in Glimmer Woods that's safe to explore.

I saw on one of your threads that further expansion will be in future updates. However there are two areas, one with what looks like a stone arch with chains and the other is a small glittery building. When I click on either I get a message to expand there to claim my prize.

Do I have to complete a quest or is this part of some future roll out? Why are the items there if we cannot expand to claim them? I'm at a point where I cannot do much more and now the game is boring. Any idea how long before we can expand further?

Thanks.

you cant expand to those, they are not "released" yet, they said an "anniversary update" will come this month

meanwhile you can level up your buildings to lvl 5 and/or decorate your kingdom, if you just finished expanding I doubt you have both of those things done, but then if you dont want to yeah, theres nothing else to do until the update comes

gingeronie
09-06-13, 05:57 AM
Just saying "Thanks",

I would like to thank all the players who are so diligent about responding to the materials requests we send out to help fulfill our goal requirements even though sometimes we have to ask 2-3X for the same item because so many are needed. I too do my best to respond as soon as I get a request from a friend & neighbor;however, I notice that a few are 2-3 days old when I get them so although it may not seem that way, I am very conscientious about "returning favors" & accepting requests as promptly as the game allows me.

����

I too have gotten request that show several hours /days old even though I check several times during the day and keep everything current. It looks like I'm ignoring request but I'm responding as soon as they show up.

Do you suppose it is intentional by TL to slow down our game play and to keep us engaged and to spend money?

maguar
09-06-13, 03:51 PM
Only 20 requests can go out a day. If people send more then the next 20 aren't sent until the following day etc.

skchampion
09-08-13, 02:59 PM
Why can I not get more workshops? I am on level 30. Thank you.

bowlfullofcherries
09-08-13, 04:06 PM
Two is the limit for each shop. No one has more than that. Maybe the update will bring something new there.

wassupbaby
09-09-13, 05:06 PM
The Tinker camp works exactly like workshop (even more) and you could get it for 99 trade tickets

robyn823
09-14-13, 08:38 AM
How do you give the gift of gold bar to baron? Where do you get it or how can you make it? Thanks in advance

mikado86
09-14-13, 11:28 AM
You can make it on... the magic forge or the workshop (I think the first one), to make the first gold bar you need 10 golden nuggets, after that it will unlock for 99,999 gold, which I believe is a much better alternative.

You need to be on the correct part of the quest or it wont unlock.

You give to him just as you would any other item.

suzanne122
09-17-13, 08:07 AM
When you finish a quest you sometimes get gems. But for a few days now i dont get gems when it is a reward. How can i fix this? I am sorry for my english but i am dutch

kooky panda
09-17-13, 10:45 AM
When you finish a quest you sometimes get gems. But for a few days now i dont get gems when it is a reward. How can i fix this? I am sorry for my english but i am dutch
If you quest/goal shows that you should get gems, and you do not get them, first try restarting your device, then check to see if they were added.
If not, send an email to support@teamlava.com so they can check your game.

MizCaramel
11-09-13, 04:04 AM
Hi Maguar, I've been stuck on level 30 for months. I'm still receiving new quests but how come I'm not increasing in levels??

ghjvcucjb
11-09-13, 11:04 AM
Hi Maguar, I've been stuck on level 30 for months. I'm still receiving new quests but how come I'm not increasing in levels??

30 is currently the highest level. Many of us have been stuck at 30 for months/ almost a year. This thread is a fun one to see what level you would be at if there were higher levels:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57413-If-we-had-new-levels-above-30-find-what-level-you-would-be

maguar
11-09-13, 02:33 PM
30 is currently the highest level. Many of us have been stuck at 30 for months/ almost a year. This thread is a fun one to see what level you would be at if there were higher levels:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57413-If-we-had-new-levels-above-30-find-what-level-you-would-be

According to this player generated system I'd now be at level 57

furzel1946
11-20-13, 08:52 PM
What are the requirements to be able to obtain the potions hop in CS, I can't go any further without the potion shop

tanderson573
11-20-13, 09:26 PM
Can someone tell me what do you use the big ruby for? I've had it for going on 3 months now and nothing that I can tell to use it for.

eepopp
11-20-13, 10:19 PM
Can someone tell me what do you use the big ruby for? I've had it for going on 3 months now and nothing that I can tell to use it for.

I don't think the Big Ruby is used for anything at the moment.

I have 3 so far, and I have no remaining quest lines to do.

tanderson573
11-20-13, 10:36 PM
Ok thank you! I thought that I might be missing something but I guess I'll just have to wait and see if a further update will give me a reason to use it.

maguar
11-21-13, 02:31 AM
What are the requirements to be able to obtain the potions hop in CS, I can't go any further without the potion shop

You need to expand to Ivy. This thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved&p=582987&viewfull=1#post582987) has pics on what you need to do.

rosepetal58
11-22-13, 09:11 AM
I have been collecting from the magic garden for a month and a half. I just got a golden apple from it the other day. My apple tree seems to be slow about sending out golden apples. I have way more golden nuggets and eggs than apples. Like he said it takes patience in collecting some of these items. Shanbalaya, thanks for the tip on the dark cave adventures.

rosepetal58
11-22-13, 09:12 AM
I have had the same problem.

sillymellie
11-25-13, 09:02 PM
how do you get the purple cow?

meme1098
11-25-13, 09:12 PM
I think mine came from an adventure but couldn't tell you which one.

tanderson573
11-25-13, 09:16 PM
You have to do the magic garden quest.... Follow it all the way through and the last step is getting the purple cow.

meme1098
11-25-13, 09:18 PM
Ahhhhh...that must have been it. I've had mine for so long I totally forgot ... Lol

sillymellie
11-26-13, 02:07 PM
Ah thank you! I'm just getting started with the magic garden so it's good to know! :)

kooky panda
11-26-13, 03:17 PM

Post 1 on this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?40472-purple-cow&p=462749&viewfull=1#post462749) here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?40472-purple-cow&p=462749&viewfull=1#post462749) has information on getting the cow!

sillymellie
11-27-13, 07:57 PM
thank you kooky panda! I tried to search with the forum search engine with no luck.

dquest2013
12-07-13, 11:30 AM
How do you wield, Excalibam? It's not an option in the Magic Forge. Do you have to be in a certain level?

kimberly0822
12-07-13, 05:24 PM
I have a troll outside my city limits, I can't expand there and I can't **** it because he's not where I can access. Not sure if this has been asked or answered before or if this has ever happened but I did a search on all the forum post and could find nothing. I have already forced close so that's not going to help me...thanks for any help you can offer

mach1lady
12-07-13, 05:37 PM
Help I have a goal that is locked...Ivy's hot sauce...can anyone help to unlock it?!

wswau
12-07-13, 06:15 PM
Help I have a goal that is locked...Ivy's hot sauce...can anyone help to unlock it?!

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?38234-Ivy-s-hot-sauce

kooky panda
12-07-13, 07:27 PM

You need to be level 17 to trigger this quest. It is triggered by harvesting a hot pepper. If you are maxed on hot peppers you can still trigger this by harvesting hot peppers. It may take a couple of tries.

mach1lady
12-08-13, 07:36 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?38234-Ivy-s-hot-sauce

Thx so much ohboyohboy! I finally received Ivy's hot sauce...I probably did them in the wrong order...thx so much for responding and showing me the thread..