PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got the tinker camp yet?

gwcastle
03-30-13, 08:32 PM
I only have 10 tickets now. It will take forever to get 99 tickets. Just curious if anyone has got the tinker camp and if so what it crafts. I can't wait for my own because it won't happen in a month.

lotuskat
04-02-13, 08:50 AM
The tinker camp works as a third workshop.

gertbigone
04-02-13, 09:14 AM
It's actually a cross between a work shop and a potion shop, you can craft a bit from both in it

cctarbucks
04-02-13, 10:16 AM
I have 30 tickets now but this is going to take a while ... It only happened so fast cause I had a full inventory of almost everything. Now, I can never seem to get enough. Like milk. I always had too much milk, but 2 trades later, they're all gone!

justk9188
04-02-13, 10:32 AM
It's actually a cross between a work shop and a potion shop, you can craft a bit from both in it
Which thing Tinker camp can't craft ?
It's ok if those uncraftable things at tinker camp are flower, well, statue.

wassupbaby
04-02-13, 10:38 AM
Forgot to say, it's a cross between a workshop and potion shop. You can make beams, blocks , glues, paste and wisp

It's easier to ask which thing the camp can craft :)

mamareader02
04-02-13, 11:24 AM
I'll admit-lost patience and gemmed the rest of tickets for camp-yes,it felt good to be done with it,the exchange rate for tickets seriously needs to be adjusted.didnt want it too easy,but at the rate of one ticket per ANY trade is ridiculous!should be one ticket per hour of trade

elaur
04-02-13, 11:27 AM
If people were full of inventory before what is the rush for the tinker camp?

mamareader02
04-02-13, 11:32 AM
Truth?didnt feel like wasting my materials(my inventory isn't full)everday for one measly ticket per trade

sluppies
04-02-13, 01:10 PM
I'll admit-lost patience and gemmed the rest of tickets for camp-yes,it felt good to be done with it,the exchange rate for tickets seriously needs to be adjusted.didnt want it too easy,but at the rate of one ticket per ANY trade is ridiculous!should be one ticket per hour of trade
What can you do with the tinker camp? Does it have a purpose and if so what? Got 49 tickets and just wondering wether to plough on for the camp or plump for the chateau?

midnightmeerkat
04-02-13, 01:18 PM
Posted in another thread

gertbigone
Forgot to say, it's a cross between a workshop and potion shop. You can make beams, blocks , glues, paste and wisp

CottageRose
04-05-13, 02:55 PM
Does anyone know if you miss out on a quest if you go ahead and build the Tinker Camp before being asked to do so? Only have a little over half of the tickets needed, but want to be sure I won't miss out on something by doing that. :)

midnightmeerkat
04-05-13, 02:59 PM
Does anyone know if you miss out on a quest if you go ahead and build the Tinker Camp before being asked to do so? Only have a little over half of the tickets needed, but want to be sure I won't miss out on something by doing that. :)

The tinker camp is locked by goal so you have to wait until you have the tickets to get it through the royal exchange

eastie41
04-05-13, 07:03 PM
Hi Folks! So exactly what is the purpose of the tinker camp, right now? A lot of people have been using all their energy on adventures, crafting, and now trade tickets. Not sure that it is useful now. Unless, there is a 'secret' upgrade....like we learned in the Exchange Building. I am saving tickets for it. I must be crazy :)

vchanhs
04-05-13, 09:41 PM
For the sake of getting every buildings in the game, I am also saving up tickets.

maguar
04-05-13, 09:46 PM
Hi Folks! So exactly what is the purpose of the tinker camp, right now? A lot of people have been using all their energy on adventures, crafting, and now trade tickets. Not sure that it is useful now. Unless, there is a 'secret' upgrade....like we learned in the Exchange Building. I am saving tickets for it. I must be crazy :)

It's a workshop that makes some workshop and potion shop items I believe.

mountain_rick
04-22-13, 09:28 PM
So far I have 89 tickets and have used another 30 for an expansion permit. If you keep collecting eggs and milk you can get a ticket every two hours. After doing the trade routes for awhile they upgrade and give you 5 bonus tickets. I would pursue it because you may not need it now, but as the game expands, I bet you will only be able to make certain items from the camp.

Baraze
04-22-13, 10:29 PM
Collecting from cows and chickens isnt as easy as I thought. I need ten more tickets. Now I understand why some people have about 20-30 each of the cows, pigs and chickens. I'm trying to clear space to join that group!

midnightmeerkat
04-22-13, 11:17 PM
I am finding having the camp handy, especially since it doubles as both a basic work and potion shop

midnightmeerkat
04-22-13, 11:21 PM
Collecting from cows and chickens isnt as easy as I thought. I need ten more tickets. Now I understand why some people have about 20-30 each of the cows, pigs and chickens. I'm trying to clear space to join that group!

Yes, it does help to have lots of cows and chickens. I alternate between the meat delivery and the dairy trades, 10 extra energy comes in handy

newzealander
04-23-13, 03:21 AM
Yes, it does help to have lots of cows and chickens. I alternate between the meat delivery and the dairy trades, 10 extra energy comes in handy

I'm doing the same as you, Meerkat. It's a struggle to keep up with all those chickens and fish, though. Eggs and milk are way easier. I would love to find some fish in surprising places, like from Ivy or Pigglesworth.

midnightmeerkat
04-23-13, 03:55 AM
I'm doing the same as you, Meerkat. It's a struggle to keep up with all those chickens and fish, though. Eggs and milk are way easier. I would love to find some fish in surprising places, like from Ivy or Pigglesworth.

I probably do 3 or 4 dairy to 1 of the meat trades, I agree the roast chickens are the worst especially if I use some for the spicy feast. The good thing about the dairy trade is you get all the ingredients for the hearty feast. I now have 21 hearty feasts made.

sdwombat
04-23-13, 04:03 AM
I probably do 3 or 4 dairy to 1 of the meat trades, I agree the roast chickens are the worst especially if I use some for the spicy feast. The good thing about the dairy trade is you get all the ingredients for the hearty feast. I now have 21 hearty feasts made.

Same here. Love that the trade is only 2 hours, and saves time & effort in the kitchen!

midnightmeerkat
04-23-13, 04:51 AM
Same here. Love that the trade is only 2 hours, and saves time & effort in the kitchen!

Yep, it sure does!

midnightmeerkat
04-23-13, 04:52 AM
Now I just need a source of bulk long swords.

lotuskat
04-23-13, 06:34 AM
Now I just need a source of bulk long swords.

Only if Thurston's Fort was a tad more productive!

sdwombat
04-23-13, 07:12 AM
Only if Thurston's Fort was a tad more productive!

I know right? After spending so much effort on him, I decreed that my knights would only receive swords from him--I wasn't going to waste time & resources crafting the swords. Unbelievable that they can't be used more than once anyway--what the heck are the knights doing with them--leaving them in the tavern? Anyway, sword drops promptly dried up :(

lotuskat
04-23-13, 07:19 AM
I know right? After spending so much effort on him, I decreed that my knights would only receive swords from him--I wasn't going to waste time & resources crafting the swords. Unbelievable that they can't be used more than once anyway--what the heck are the knights doing with them--leaving them in the tavern? Anyway, sword drops promptly dried up :(

Maybe Old Thomas can find an engineering manual to design a longer lasting sword. :p

wealthyrich
04-23-13, 08:59 PM
just got tinker camp !

vchanhs
04-23-13, 10:15 PM
We have rally 60 knights for thurston fort but only give them 5 swords per adventure. Of course the swords will wear out with 12 knights sharing 1 swords. Lol....

obama_papa
04-23-13, 10:16 PM
I'm aiming for the Tinker Camp. Half way thru' with 50 tickets. Wish that the game would allow me to pay up the remaining tickets with gems instead, with a certain discounted number of gems. Because in the first place , i couldn't afford 200 gems.

midnightmeerkat
04-23-13, 10:31 PM
We have rally 60 knights for thurston fort but only give them 5 swords per adventure. Of course the swords will wear out with 12 knights sharing 1 swords. Lol....

Lol.... Times are tough it the kingdom

maguar
04-24-13, 03:35 AM

Maybe their union only lets them go out every couple of days in squads of 5. If all 60 are going out and losing all the swords I'm certainly not providing them with more; unless I can deduct the swords from their wages. ;p

brandonu
04-24-13, 06:57 AM
Maybe their union only lets them go out every couple of days in squads of 5. If all 60 are going out and losing all the swords I'm certainly not providing them with more; unless I can deduct the swords from their wages. ;p
I wrote the swords off on my federal return. Estimated value of $200/sword

lotuskat
04-24-13, 07:44 AM

Or maybe 55 knights got furloughed thanks to sequestration?

crystalrayn3
04-24-13, 07:44 AM
I love the Tinker Camp, its definitely worth working towards. Since it works as a workshop and potion shop I'm able to create materials needed to upgrade my buildings much faster.

PartyScout
04-24-13, 11:54 AM
I love the Tinker Camp, its definitely worth working towards. Since it works as a workshop and potion shop I'm able to create materials needed to upgrade my buildings much faster.

Thanks for the information. I am almost there....well..1/3 lol!

parlski
04-24-13, 03:10 PM
I finally got the tinker camp. I now have one ticket and working towards the chateau :(

midnightmeerkat
04-24-13, 03:14 PM
I finally got the tinker camp. I now have one ticket and working towards the chateau :(

Good job!

lotuskat
04-25-13, 06:26 AM
Got the Tinker Camp too! Really helpful in boosting production of royal and enchanted beams and blocks for upgrades.

gwcastle
04-25-13, 12:27 PM
After the new 4/25 update,I feel getting the tinker camp first was the right choice. My work shops are on full run to make wisp lanterns.

midnightmeerkat
04-25-13, 01:43 PM
After the new 4/25 update,I feel getting the tinker camp first was the right choice. My work shops are on full run to make wisp lanterns.

Yup..... I agree

lotuskat
04-25-13, 01:44 PM
Same here! Also started crafting some of the new items in the Magic Forge...I think they'll show up for one of the new Quest lines (Princess Sabrina or the Tower).

jovanisto
04-25-13, 01:46 PM
7 tickets to go ! I used tickets to get an expansion permit first... After i get the camp i need to ponder : royal chateau or expansion permit again ?

midnightmeerkat
04-25-13, 01:50 PM
7 tickets to go ! I used tickets to get an expansion permit first... After i get the camp i need to ponder : royal chateau or expansion permit again ?

I think it's whatever you prefer.... The tower expansion is like the hairy princess expansion, doesn't need a permit.

andreiamarques30
04-28-13, 04:50 AM
Does anyone know if we can have more than one tinker camp?

wassupbaby
04-28-13, 05:08 AM
Does anyone know if we can have more than one tinker camp?

You can only have 1 Tinker camp and 1 royal chateu

catcrack
04-28-13, 08:22 AM
I went w/tinkercamp first also and have had it going full steam from day 1.

(=^ェ^=)

mymummy789
05-06-13, 04:36 AM
so excited. Finally got enough permits for my tinker camp.

rene2222
05-06-13, 08:07 PM
it will also take me ages to get the tinker-camp as it needs 99 tickets to unlock it.

mymummy789
05-07-13, 01:04 AM
It took me quite a while, but the sense of satisfaction I got when I finally got the last one was immense :D Now got to start all over again to get a couple of expansion permits. The Royal Chateau is at the bottom of the list

iLLUMI2012
05-07-13, 08:26 PM
I've been patient, but the temptation has been there all this time to buy tickets using gems to speed up the process. But I've resisted, heh heh!
Now I'm 3 tickets away. Should be done today. Then of course I'll have to wait for the Camp to be built. Will I be patient, lol.

Gardienn
05-07-13, 08:36 PM
I have my tinker camp and am 14 tickets in for my chateau. I haven't expanded fast, so I still have plenty of room to grow without needing expansion tickets yet. I'm very happy with my choice to go tinker first. The extra workshop has made a considerable difference.

bowlfullofcherries
05-07-13, 10:03 PM
Nooooooo! No I do not. But I want it. Badly. I've been expanding and upgrading like a loon. Fifteen tickets here, thirty tickets there... I'm halfway to it now. I'll be late to the party but I hope to get there soon!

youbugme
05-09-13, 08:25 AM
Apologies if it has already been asked and answered...but can anyone tell me what materials are required to build the tinker camp? As in royal beams, fancy stones, etc. I have about 80 tickets so I want to be prepared!
Thanks!

katbtodd
05-09-13, 08:32 AM
Apologies if it has already been asked and answered...but can anyone tell me what materials are required to build the tinker camp? As in royal beams, fancy stones, etc. I have about 80 tickets so I want to be prepared!
Thanks!

None ,,You just place it on your land ,you craft it for the 16 hours ,,then you have to buy it from the market,, think it was 4 hundred coins,,,,

youbugme
05-09-13, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the info!

trendy4u
05-09-13, 06:14 PM
I feel as though for me the tinker camp is pointless I have upgraded most and I only have one more expansion left already more than halfway done with lanterns ... Is there a point to have it if you are done building?

ghjvcucjb
05-09-13, 11:08 PM
I feel as though for me the tinker camp is pointless I have upgraded most and I only have one more expansion left already more than halfway done with lanterns ... Is there a point to have it if you are done building?

If I were in your position I would get it for the following reasons: 1 to obtain at least one of everything, 2 for possible use in future updates, 3 theres nothing else to do, 4 to have something to do with all the excess supplies (trade exchange) and 5 most importantly, it's cute!

trendy4u
05-10-13, 07:21 AM
If I were in your position I would get it for the following reasons: 1 to obtain at least one of everything, 2 for possible use in future updates, 3 theres nothing else to do, 4 to have something to do with all the excess supplies (trade exchange) and 5 most importantly, it's cute!

Haha ya I want one of everything .. Still waiting on alicorn and I have one expansion left

Frosty_Wench
05-10-13, 08:34 AM
How many expansions require permits? Is it still just 2 or are there more since the update?

wassupbaby
05-10-13, 08:43 AM
How many expansions require permits? Is it still just 2 or are there more since the update?

It's 4 now and i doubt more will come in future

Frosty_Wench
05-10-13, 08:51 AM
It's 4 now and i doubt more will come in future

Wow. I thought I was at least getting close to sniffing the finish line. I have tinker and chateau level 3, and I still need 165 more tix if I want to max out the chateau and get all the permits. Meanwhile, I've been staring at a Magic Garden that I've never collected from in order to keep the fruit trade available. Something doesn't seem right about that. I really don't think TL thought through the trade route "upgrades".

wassupbaby
05-10-13, 11:56 AM
Wow. I thought I was at least getting close to sniffing the finish line. I have tinker and chateau level 3, and I still need 165 more tix if I want to max out the chateau and get all the permits. Meanwhile, I've been staring at a Magic Garden that I've never collected from in order to keep the fruit trade available. Something doesn't seem right about that. I really don't think TL thought through the trade route "upgrades".

Same here. I avoid collecting from the magic garden as well , already maxed on magic fruit and a few extra coins dont bother me. That's why i'm so fast with those tickets. Got tinker camp , lv 5 chateu , only 1 expansion left. Cant wait for the last permit then i could take a break waiting for the next update :)

Frosty_Wench
05-10-13, 11:58 AM
Have you ever gotten either of the supply crates? I'm curious what's in them and with all of the other ticket requirements, I don't think I've ever seen anyone post what they received.

wassupbaby
05-10-13, 12:51 PM
You mean trades for royal and enchanted beams/blocks ? I dont think pp would waste their tickets on this. Maybe i'll try it out but after getting my last permit .

Frosty_Wench
05-10-13, 12:56 PM
Yeah, that's what I mean. I agree that it's a purchase of last resort, I'm just curious what they contain. Hopefully some builder's pastes. Those things are ****ing me.

ashleighncurrie
05-10-13, 01:00 PM
I have 72 trade tickets now. With another 2 trades lined up and one on progress. I will get this bloody tinker camp!! Then need to accumulate masses again to get the expansions.... These are sent to try us lol

wealthyrich
05-10-13, 10:04 PM
how many tinker camp can we have? one or two?

CottageRose
05-10-13, 10:11 PM
Only one tinker camp per kingdom. :)

vchanhs
05-10-13, 10:58 PM
Same here. I avoid collecting from the magic garden as well , already maxed on magic fruit and a few extra coins dont bother me. That's why i'm so fast with those tickets. Got tinker camp , lv 5 chateu , only 1 expansion left. Cant wait for the last permit then i could take a break waiting for the next update :)

Lol, sometimes I wonder why does people rush through stuffs and end up nothing to do. I only have have tinker camp and level 1 chateau. Already upgraded all my trades. I am doing the tickets as and when I have enough. Never really stress to keep the exchange going 24/7. Prefer to enjoy the progress while waiting for updates.

wassupbaby
05-11-13, 12:25 AM
Lol, sometimes I wonder why does people rush through stuffs and end up nothing to do. I only have have tinker camp and level 1 chateau. Already upgraded all my trades. I am doing the tickets as and when I have enough. Never really stress to keep the exchange going 24/7. Prefer to enjoy the progress while waiting for updates.

People ,who rush through stuffs, they already have fully expanded,lv5 chateu, tinker camp a long time ago. I dont rush, all my tickets came from trades and were hard earned. And even if i'm done with all expansions , there're still many things to do.

jefframone
05-18-13, 09:42 AM
I guess if you are new to the game it is a worthwhile investment of 99 hard earned ticket but if you are a mature player it surely is a waste.

Considering that I have little need for many blocks or beams and potions the value is so low.

Can Team lava consider adding some food production capabilities to the Tinker Camp?

Same with the Alicorn - collecting every 7 days? Come on, give me a break...

waddelow
05-18-13, 01:07 PM
Have been playing 7 months & play 2x to 4x a day. I find it really useful. I don't always need, but is a nice mix of things it can help with. Is a shame it can't do like camp fire cooking as an extra, nice idea!

elaur
05-18-13, 03:48 PM
I love the tinker camp. I wish we had more extras and considering it costs 30 for an expansion 99 doesn't seem high to me.

I agree, would be neat to have tinker camp cooking (adventure stuff maybe?)

midnightmeerkat
05-18-13, 04:12 PM
I love the tinker camp. I wish we had more extras and considering it costs 30 for an expansion 99 doesn't seem high to me.

I agree, would be neat to have tinker camp cooking (adventure stuff maybe?)

Yep... I love the tinker camp too. Cooking would be good as well ....

vchanhs
05-18-13, 04:17 PM
A third kitchen will be nice but right now, my tinker camp is busy making beams and blocks to upgrade my buildings.

ashleighncurrie
05-19-13, 04:37 AM
I've got the tinker camp, however I kind of wish I used my tickets to expand as all my tinker camp is doing is making wooden beams and concrete blocks that I don't really need. I don't stock pile glue and other such things so I'm not making those. I keep running out of coal to make earth wisps so my energy goes on smacking rocks. How about we get a coal mine in the next update that doesn't give anything else but coal!