PDA

View Full Version : Happy easter

Delforce
03-28-13, 06:31 PM
I would like to make this thread to wish every1 a Happy Easter. Have fun and stay safe for these holidays. All the best to you and your families :D

kooky panda
03-28-13, 06:54 PM
Happy Easter Everyone!!! Now be nice to any chocolate bunnies you get !!

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/22f04ad8-2c9a-439d-92ac-ba09379e3e60_zps35cb73a4.jpg

MomsHouseofSweets
03-29-13, 12:03 AM
Yes ... Happy Easter!

Mani_Sari
03-29-13, 12:16 AM
Happy Easter! ^_^

lolottelatur
03-29-13, 12:43 AM
happy Easter! joyeuses Paques !!

Delforce
03-29-13, 02:32 AM

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/22f04ad8-2c9a-439d-92ac-ba09379e3e60_zps35cb73a4.jpg

LOL
I swear I didn't do it. No that's NOT chocolate on my lips :p
Happy Easter

migz248
03-29-13, 02:52 AM
Happy Easter!! ��

salinho
03-29-13, 03:39 AM
Happy Easter :D I wish we had egg hunts over here... (They're very rarely done).

How about we tell how we spend Easters? That would be fun.
I know most english-speaking countries do egg hunts. But in Portugal we don't. We do have the Easter Bunny thing going on, but he only brings the chocolate eggs to our homes... It's mainly just a symbol. Doesn't really do anything. :p
So on Easter Sunday, and in some places on Monday, we open up our houses to the priests and their helpers to bless our houses. They sprinkle holy water and incense, and we have typical food (mostly sweets, LOL) on top of our tables, which are covered with a white table cloth (prefferably embroidered). We always invite the priest and helpers to eat some cake, chocolates, and especially almonds. Chocolate-covered almonds are pretty important here. White chocolate, milk chocolate, covered with cinnamon, etc. Yum.
Usually priests are aided by boy scouts or acolithes (or whatever the name in english is) so many of them are young kids, and traditionally they are given bags of sweet almonds to take home or to school and distribute around friends. :)
Oh, and the priest carries a huge crucifix with Jesus on it. Dn't know the material; brass, maybe. We have to kiss the feet, which in my opinion is so darn gross. Ew.

purplepony48
03-29-13, 03:46 AM
That is really interesting. I like the idea of the priest coming to bless the house. I love to know how other countries celebrate. We just go to churchon Sunday and have a big meal for dinner.

salinho
03-29-13, 04:19 AM
That is really interesting. I like the idea of the priest coming to bless the house. I love to know how other countries celebrate. We just go to churchon Sunday and have a big meal for dinner.

Yeah, I know. :D
Ah, as for meals... Like I said, loads of traditional sweets on tables. In some households, especially the ones that are most visited (I'll get back to that), people don't have actual meals, but huge tables full of snacks, sweet and salty. And delicious snacks, like shrimps and mussels and rissols and ham with melon. Stuff like that.
Also, loads of wine & other spirits. I mean, loads of it! I fact, in most villages (like the one my mom was born in), people tend to accompany the priest who carries the cross & holy water, following them into their neighbor's houses, and eating and drinking the food. XD I know! Crazy, right? Some people (and not all of them are youngsters, mind you) end up Easter Sunday in, uh, a very comical condition. :p
It's a lot of fun.
Oh, one small but adorable detail: not all houses are inhabited or are willing to welcome the priests, so how do they know which ones to visit? We decorate the entrances of our houses with colorful flowers on the floor. :) we're sort of creating an entrance for them, with a flower path.

And a creepy one: Saturday evening, we burn the judas. It's a large "statue" built by the townsfolk, about four meters tall, set on a pedestal. I think it' wood and paper, and it's painted. It is made to resemble the person the country currently hates the most, lol. Like a bad president, or a bad politician.
Basically, they set the judas on fire and we all watch it burn. Lovely, ain't it? XD

accisse
03-29-13, 04:40 AM
Thanks for sharing salinho! It's great to hear about other people's traditions. From a real person and not through a book like I usually do. My family doesn't celebrate easter :) I spent my holiday reading of course! And a good time to breed forest+fire over and over trying to get rose heh. Don't get to do that when I'm at work. Have a good weekend everyone and happy easter!

hamadrys
03-29-13, 05:24 AM
Easter is for me a celebration of Jesus Christ death, burial and resurrection. I am a protestant christian who also loves chocolate bunnies and pretty eggs :)

moostermine
03-31-13, 09:18 AM
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
It is wonderful to hear about everyone's holiday traditions! We should do it for them all!
My favorite part of Easter for the last number of years (if I said out loud 19, I would sound old), has been having the egg hunt for my son and Easter supper. Now that he out grown that it will just be spending the day with him and supper, of coarse! Ham and scalloped potatoes this year, other years I do the whole turkey and stuffing thing. I must say I make a mean turkey, just like mom used to do!
However..... I'm really liking the sound of salinho's traditions! I may just have to look into starting something similar here!

Darkstorm2
03-31-13, 09:26 AM
🐰🌷🐰🌷🐰🌷happy easter🌷🐰🌷🐰🌷🐰

moostermine
03-31-13, 09:31 AM
🐰🌷🐰🌷🐰🌷happy easter🌷🐰🌷🐰🌷🐰

Hey I didn't think we could use emoji in here! Cool!🐰💖🐰💖

Magikot
03-31-13, 10:18 AM

*innocent look* what bunnies?

LilMzB4Life
03-31-13, 11:16 AM
������Happy Easter everyone������ Typically, we would go to church and then have a huge family gathering and meal. This year my family and I travelled to spend the holiday with our family in another state and now we are currently on our way back home. It's a 10 hour trip so we had to leave early enough to get home before it gets too late plus we live in a different time zone so we will lose an hour. Have work tomorrow otherwise we would have stayed longer.

LilMzB4Life
03-31-13, 11:17 AM
What app are you using for emoji because mines didn't show up? :-(

moostermine
03-31-13, 12:12 PM
What app are you using for emoji because mines didn't show up? :-(

No app, just the alternate keyboard turned on in settings, for me. I honestly didn't think it used to work! Oh and this is an iOS device, don't know if its the same on android/ kindle. 🐰🐣💐🐇

LilMzB4Life
03-31-13, 12:22 PM
No app, just the alternate keyboard turned on in settings, for me. I honestly didn't think it used to work! Oh and this is an iOS device, don't know if its the same on android/ kindle. 🐰🐣💐🐇

������Thank you������

Cotton_candyLOVER
03-31-13, 02:14 PM
I'm in NY and Easter's big here.��
Especially for the little kids.