PDA

View Full Version : Expensive Habitants

Kvich
03-28-13, 12:31 PM
I'm well aware of the fact that this is a very new update, but the habitat is rather way to expensive for when it's available at level 40.
The reasons are several.
The 6.000.000 pricetag.
I can earn about 500-600k a day, level 51, with 48 dragons, and I'm able to collect silver 14-18 hours a day, keeping the habitats from overflowing, except when I sleep.
It would take me between 10 and 14 days to get that much silver.
By a stroke of luck, I manage to breed the dragon, and it's now stuck in my nest for 10+ days, where, unless I spend 250 gold on an additional nest, have my breeding crippled, unless I sell the dragon, when it hatch, and though it's "only" a rare dragon, 3 coloured possibilities will make it slightly harder to get I would assume.
I would possible loose interest very very quickly if I have a egg looking at me, I couldn't do much with for 10 odd days, where everything else is on a standstill on my island.
Buying the habitat for gold would cost 500, the same price the third nest would cost.

I personally think it's way to much, for players between level 40 and 55-60.

My girlfriend had a similar issuer with getting the night dragon habitat, when the dragons, that produced the egg was in the breeding den, till the egg was hatched and walking its habitat, took about 60 hours, 14 hours longer than the actual breeding and hatching time.
Both she and I agreed it was acceptable that wait, but still frustrating.

Now I don't know the breeding/hatching time is, but saying it's 48 hours for easiness, is still 6 days+ I have to wait before I could in theory buy the habitat, after it's ready to hatch.

I have a few suggestions to alter this.
First suggestion: Lower the cost to a million, that way hopefully every level 40+ have a logical and manageable chance to buy the habitat within a acceptable time frame.
Second suggestion: Raise the level which is become available for, to 70 or 80, where people have silvers coming out of both ears, and have a logical and manageable chance to get the habitat.
Third suggestion: Keep it as it is, but make a smaller 1 dragon habitat for a million.

Kvich
03-28-13, 12:33 PM
Missing a edit button.
For clarification, I didn't manage to breed it, all the above is pure theory.

Kvich
03-28-13, 01:07 PM
With the knowledge that the Mystic dragon is 12 hour breed + 12 hour hatch, so in my stated example above, it's at least 9 days after it's ready for a habitat, I could build one. If I by the time I bred it, didn't have any silvers.

Deathhowl2000
03-28-13, 07:44 PM
6 million for the Mystic habitat is outrageous. I am level capped at 94, and can make between 500k - 900k a day depending on whats going on. Still, 6 mill is excessive especially since the other habitats, excluding the Black sands, are max 360k. It would be fine if it had a coin carry rate of like 50k silver coins but only 5k. Come on. Be serious, most people don't play enough for it possible to get 6 million coins. Next, another hybrid dragon that i have to cross red and yellow to get and it has a 12 hr timer. Even at lvl 94, I'm struggling to get the creepy Easter dragon, why release this now, unless your trying push people to buy gold. If so, I'm disappointed, I thought you better than that. I really like this game and want to see it evolve to where we can trade dragons or even battle em in pvp.

napperta
04-03-13, 04:19 PM
I am stuck on level 53 and can not put any more habitats on my islands even though I have the room I have eggs waiting to go into habitats but no way to put them in there so now what do i do and how do i get to the level where i can put another habitat on my island any one have any ideas email me or message me please

funnyrandomness5112
04-03-13, 04:37 PM
I'm well aware of the fact that this is a very new update, but the habitat is rather way to expensive for when it's available at level 40.
The reasons are several.
The 6.000.000 pricetag.
I can earn about 500-600k a day, level 51, with 48 dragons, and I'm able to collect silver 14-18 hours a day, keeping the habitats from overflowing, except when I sleep.
It would take me between 10 and 14 days to get that much silver.
By a stroke of luck, I manage to breed the dragon, and it's now stuck in my nest for 10+ days, where, unless I spend 250 gold on an additional nest, have my breeding crippled, unless I sell the dragon, when it hatch, and though it's "only" a rare dragon, 3 coloured possibilities will make it slightly harder to get I would assume.
I would possible loose interest very very quickly if I have a egg looking at me, I couldn't do much with for 10 odd days, where everything else is on a standstill on my island.
Buying the habitat for gold would cost 500, the same price the third nest would cost.

I personally think it's way to much, for players between level 40 and 55-60.

My girlfriend had a similar issuer with getting the night dragon habitat, when the dragons, that produced the egg was in the breeding den, till the egg was hatched and walking its habitat, took about 60 hours, 14 hours longer than the actual breeding and hatching time.
Both she and I agreed it was acceptable that wait, but still frustrating.

Now I don't know the breeding/hatching time is, but saying it's 48 hours for easiness, is still 6 days+ I have to wait before I could in theory buy the habitat, after it's ready to hatch.

I have a few suggestions to alter this.
First suggestion: Lower the cost to a million, that way hopefully every level 40+ have a logical and manageable chance to buy the habitat within a acceptable time frame.
Second suggestion: Raise the level which is become available for, to 70 or 80, where people have silvers coming out of both ears, and have a logical and manageable chance to get the habitat.
Third suggestion: Keep it as it is, but make a smaller 1 dragon habitat for a million.

For Your Information, I am level 73 and I am still trying to get the habitat, I get about 7.5 k a day with 91 dragons... So, you can't say level 70-80 have silver flowing out of their ears....

stacy_lou
04-04-13, 02:10 AM
My money was mounting up I had over 13million was level 57-58 so was glad to have aomething to spend some of the money on. But I do understand the situation for players on lower levels who will not have this amount of money spare. Mystic isnt hard to breed so my only suggestion wpuld be to sell the egg until youve saved up enough. Mystic also takes alot of food.

Kvich
04-08-13, 09:43 AM
For Your Information, I am level 73 and I am still trying to get the habitat, I get about 7.5 k a day with 91 dragons... So, you can't say level 70-80 have silver flowing out of their ears....

Sorry, didn't mean to generalize, but in most cases higher level tends to earn more silvers.

I got the Mythic dragon on my first attempt for the Easter dragon, some hours after this was update, and tread was posted, I had just prior to that upgraded my black habitat, and was down to just about 20.000 silver.
Through hard brute determination, I sucked it up, and yesterday I managed to get the silvers to buy the Mythic habitat, that was 12 days, with ~14 hours a day, collecting silver, not upgrading, not expanding, not buying any new habitats, not playing the game, but rather working the game.

Today I made the calculations, based on the way I played the game, to get the habitat.
This was made using data gathered from my girlfriends dragons average silver per hour, along with an estimate of other players at level 38-45, earnings per hour, which is close to 22.000 silvers/hour.
They are looking at 16-18 days of gathering silvers (if you include the daily login bonus + nightly earnings) if they only have 1 nest, chances are very high they will quit the game, as they would take this as a sign of the direction this game is taking.

My money was mounting up I had over 13million was level 57-58 so was glad to have aomething to spend some of the money on. But I do understand the situation for players on lower levels who will not have this amount of money spare. Mystic isnt hard to breed so my only suggestion wpuld be to sell the egg until youve saved up enough. Mystic also takes alot of food.

I fully agree that there need to be something people with a lot of silvers can use them on, hence one of my suggestions was a smaller, 1 dragon habitat for a million.

cheryllemon
04-08-13, 09:51 AM
I understand. I got mythic I. My first attempt to get the Easter dragon. At the time I did have a little over 2 million in silver but it still took me another 3 or 4 days to get another 4 million than another day waiting for the habitat to finish.

AuntyRose32
04-08-13, 09:56 AM
I am level 75 and had just over $40 million in coin when I bought the Mystic habitat. I only bought it because when trying for the Easter dragon I got Mystic and couldn't bring myself to get rid of the egg so I bought the habitat. I do think it's grossly over priced though, yes I have a lot of coin and not much to spend it on but if they keep introducing habitats at that price it won't be long before I'll be penniless.

roni122285
04-08-13, 02:45 PM
Reading this makes me glad I'm on the kindle and can't get this dragon because I'd be super mad about it. I was mad about the black dragons because I got one the first time I put blue and purple together in the den. Which I shouldn't compliant about I guess since some people are still having a hard time getting it but for some reason I get one every time I put those two in the den which is a really bad fail time. I had to add as many habitats as I fouled fit on my island to get the money to buy the small habitat and now I have to wait for expansions just fit one more habitat on my island.

darkmistress5
04-12-13, 10:30 PM
I completely agree with everyone else. I have been playing for at least a year now (it might even be two), and am level 89. While I admit I don't save silver well (I spend a lot on food), 6 mil is TOO much for a single habitat for an egg that can't go anywhere else. I REFUSE to spend my real money on a silly game, but this is making me want to just stop playing altogether. I can't get a second nest, and now I'm going to miss out on getting the Easter Egg, (really creepy design btw) because I can't clear my nest. However, I don't want to lose this rare dragon, on the off chance I can't breed it again. I don't know how these other players keep so much silver, but even this seems a little extreme for them... TeamLava please help! Change the price or make a smaller one like the rest of the habitats have. Give us something please!

jjblueyes
04-15-13, 10:21 AM
I got this egg accidentally trying to get another dragon right after it was released & it took me over 2 weeks to raise that money & now I'm broke trying to save for other habitats and expansions & tree removal. Thankfully I have 2 nests or I would have been furious! Either way it's way too expensive & if they do lower the price I'd like a refund! IMHO this makes it very hard for young islands to afford and my 8 month old island took a long time to raise the money. Good luck friends!

anurulz
04-15-13, 11:03 AM
i am level 44 and had to wait for almost 10 days to free a nest from the mythic egg as i had to save the money for it..and now when i have the habitat its another 17 hrs for it to be ready..6 million was WAY too much for a single habitat wid a 5k coin capacity..

anihunt12
04-15-13, 01:16 PM
I just got a mythic trying for honeybee and even though I technically had enough for the habitat I sold it. I just can't see using all of my savings on one habitat.

fitfunsparkle
04-15-13, 02:18 PM
6 mil for a 5k max habitat is dumb. It doesnt matter that much when you are higher level and have money coming in, but i feel bad for lower level peeps who get the dragon and can't get the habitat and only have one nest.

The_Sicilian
04-19-13, 04:24 PM
Yet they collect less than a boosted purple hab? Seriously weak sauce TL. What's the harm in making them AT LEAST a 10,000 coin max? You're discouraging players who know its a waste of time to breed such low collecting dragons, yet rare and not easy to get, like the diamond, who btw has a 20,000 max, and STILL a number of others are complaining about your refusal to have a larger diamond hab. This is starting to turn into bad business, and that's just one more blatant virtual slap across the faces of your loyal players, who already have started to drop off due to such antics. I personally play for fun and have recognized the trends of behavior on here, and just do what I can each time I pop in, then pop out and go about my business until I visit again. So just a suggestion to boost the morale of your loyal following that actually purchase gold and get emotional about your game. Or lower the ridiculous price of the weak collecting habs at least. There are lots of players who don't even have diamonds yet, and still those are the biggest collectors for only 100,000 coins...? The word asinine comes To mind, but there's an agenda behind this ploy, and I get it, but again, I'm just thinking about your players and your accommodating of said loyal following in the long run will more than make up for what your attempting to accomplish with this latest set of "updates. So lets end on a positive, thanks for UP'ing the habitat amount, that's a well handled common sense upgrade due to all the new fun dragons you've added, who doesn't enjoy THAT?!

marion9242
04-19-13, 05:11 PM
I am finally at that point after playing this game for so long, I can't get a diamond or any high level dragon. For weeks I breed and get same dragons over and over again. It has taken the fun out of the game. I also don't like that they take the dragons away. Why can't we keep trying to get them considering some take so long to get.

elitaserina
04-19-13, 05:41 PM
i get that they have rare dragons and that they should be a challenge to get because that keeps the game interesting but it's down right infuriating that they are impossible to get! weeks and weeks i have spent trying to get these dragons, at this point i am trying to get ANY new dragon but keep getting stuck with the same four breeds. and now i see something else to try for to take a break from the impossible pink and black, aurora etc.... and low and behold the habitat is six million?!!!!! now i find myself praying i don't get this breed! get your priority's straight! there a a lot of pissed off people here. why are they not fixing the problems we all seem to be having? the force closing, color splitting this new gold/time fiasco. take a break from the new dragons and fix these issues and you will have happy people. as the game is right now it's impossible to play. adding new dragons that are basically unattainable for most people just adds fuel to the flames!

Darkstorm2
04-19-13, 06:15 PM
6,000,000 habitats are for the seasoned player who has buckets of coins and can buy these at will... I was hoping the cosmic habitat would have been 10,000,000. It would have given me something to spend coins on.

Boogie083
04-19-13, 06:22 PM
6,000,000 habitats are for the seasoned player who has buckets of coins and can buy these at will... I was hoping the cosmic habitat would have been 10,000,000. It would have given me something to spend coins on.

This^^ many players assume everyone else is lacking what they lack... 6M coins may be the medium of how many coins ALL players can afford. this is why they test prices...

The_Sicilian
04-19-13, 06:36 PM
Ha ha, one of the points I was hinting to when I said " I get it". With that point in mind, here's what I was getting at,... Players are getting frustrated as it is, so why not give them an incentive at least To go after these new rare breeds........by making them save so long for a 6,000,000 coin hab, just to slap them across the face with such a low max collection, why should they even bother, what's the use? Now give them 10,000 coin max to help them save more coins up as they collect( let's say after they wake up in the morning and RUSH to their iPad or pod to open up ds and anticipate a nice juicy 10'000 coin collection) that they desperately need and have worked hard for by breeding the rare new breeds as well as the 6,000,000 coins they just dumped on a hab that took them so long to save for , PLUS sacrificed everything else that needed attention on their island. WIN-WIN , right?!

Darkstorm2
04-19-13, 07:02 PM
IMO TL is trying to slow the game down at all levels. New players have a lot to veterans are getting hammered by insane food requirements. 6,000,000 habitats are meant to drain coin hoarders. 10,000 apples to boost your breeding takes away apples. I have many dragons sitting at level 7 and with so many dragons being released I can't feed them to epic before the next one is released. At least it gives me something to do. Otherwise I would have quit. Cosmic dragon takes 125,000 to epic form, I wouldn't be surprised if the trend continues. Double diamond dragons that take 200,000 or more etc

elitaserina
04-20-13, 01:20 PM
Ha ha, one of the points I was hinting to when I said " I get it". With that point in mind, here's what I was getting at,... Players are getting frustrated as it is, so why not give them an incentive at least To go after these new rare breeds........by making them save so long for a 6,000,000 coin hab, just to slap them across the face with such a low max collection, why should they even bother, what's the use? Now give them 10,000 coin max to help them save more coins up as they collect( let's say after they wake up in the morning and RUSH to their iPad or pod to open up ds and anticipate a nice juicy 10'000 coin collection) that they desperately need and have worked hard for by breeding the rare new breeds as well as the 6,000,000 coins they just dumped on a hab that took them so long to save for , PLUS sacrificed everything else that needed attention on their island. WIN-WIN , right?!

that is an amazing idea! how do we get enough coin to clear our islands, buy the food for are incredibly expensive to feed dragons and get these banners that cost millions? i am very frustrated at the impossibly hard goals this game is setting. i get nowhere fast! i would really like to make some progress. i don't understand why the amount of money the dragons make is so below the amount we are expected to spend! also this is off topic but is anyone else finding their gold purchases declined? when i finally do cave and go to buy gold the game for one closes on me and also my purchase is declined. i have sent reports to Google and they say they are aware of it but that they can do nothing to fix it.

The_Sicilian
04-21-13, 04:52 PM
that is an amazing idea! how do we get enough coin to clear our islands, buy the food for are incredibly expensive to feed dragons and get these banners that cost millions? i am very frustrated at the impossibly hard goals this game is setting. i get nowhere fast! i would really like to make some progress. i don't understand why the amount of money the dragons make is so below the amount we are expected to spend! also this is off topic but is anyone else finding their gold purchases declined? when i finally do cave and go to buy gold the game for one closes on me and also my purchase is declined. i have sent reports to Google and they say they are aware of it but that they can do nothing to fix it.

It's called Devine intervention, heed the message from the gods, and spend your money elsewhere. Just sign in, do what you can, then when you've exhausted your reserves for your intended goals, sign out and they'll replenish soon enough. Go about your busy day and when you sign back,in, continue the cycle. Patients IS a virtue. Happy gaming to you.

djeyefly
04-29-13, 09:21 AM
Really losing interest in lava team games rapidly because of mystic dragon habitat cost. Too much. Mean while my egg sits unhatched and everything remains backed up.

elione
04-29-13, 10:32 AM
In my secondary island iGOT a Cosmic and an Eclipse in my nest...can't afford the habitat for now!!!

in these few days i'm just collecting money :mad:

Baraze
04-29-13, 10:34 AM
Really losing interest in lava team games rapidly because of mystic dragon habitat cost. Too much. Mean while my egg sits unhatched and everything remains backed up.

It's not the most difficult dragon to get. Sell it and move on to another dragon. I've sold five or them already while Trying for easter. It's not like its a diamond. Or limited that it will go away if you sell it. It isn't so special to make anyone stop playing because they can't afford the habitat.

Moon_Gypsy1
04-29-13, 09:32 PM
Why not have more decorations to spend excess coins on. Some of us are struggling to get enough coins to feed our dragons and expand. The new nest are too expensive and when you bred different pairs and end up with the same egg for about a dozen times in a row and don't won't to many of the same kind and the only option is to sell it for 100 coins. Very frustrating, makes you really think about quitting. Hope that they get the android figured out soon or I will be quitting.

scottyhaha
04-29-13, 09:56 PM
It's not the most difficult dragon to get. Sell it and move on to another dragon. I've sold five or them already while Trying for easter. It's not like its a diamond. Or limited that it will go away if you sell it. It isn't so special to make anyone stop playing because they can't afford the habitat.

I wouldn't say that. I still don't have that dragon after 3 honeybees, 3 scorpions , 4 eagles and lots of firestorms and still trying for it

noir77
04-29-13, 10:02 PM

It's common but personally I've had no luck with mythic. Two easters, one scorpion, no eagles and honeybees, many firestorms.. I'd keep the egg lol

Although I'm not sure why people are taking weeks to save up. If you're at least level 40 you should be making tons of coins a day.

didgeridork
06-17-13, 06:21 PM
Basically I have a Mythic and a Fairytale taking up my two nests, and only about 1,200,000 coins. I'm pretty low level with my dragons so its going to take ages to raise enough to buy the 4 and 6 million habitats. my question is should i just sell them and move on and attempt them again later? or are they really super hard to get so i should just wait it out?

scottyhaha
06-17-13, 06:25 PM
Sell one and move on. I would sell mythic because is limited

scottyhaha
06-17-13, 06:25 PM
Because ft is limited*

funnyrandomness5112
06-18-13, 06:22 AM
Basically I have a Mythic and a Fairytale taking up my two nests, and only about 1,200,000 coins. I'm pretty low level with my dragons so its going to take ages to raise enough to buy the 4 and 6 million habitats. my question is should i just sell them and move on and attempt them again later? or are they really super hard to get so i should just wait it out?
Well, I would sell the Mythic because you will get the FT coins earilier. You can get another Mythic Later. I don't even try for the dragons until I Have the Habitats.

shinava
06-18-13, 06:33 AM
Habitats for ft mythic stone and cosmos are outrageous. . Cant get any of these dragons onlythe ones none oc us want. Corals, fairys, FRUTIFULS etc. And if i got a dragon that i need outrageously expensive habitat i would not be able tobuy it. The costs and repeated failures of this game are making it a frustrating game. I have an island dragon waiting in nest to hatch and an island or magic that will result from current breeding pair. Now i wait wait wait:mad:

jennother
06-18-13, 02:11 PM
Is it worth saving 2 million for a large habitat that holds 3 dragons with 7,800 capacity or just get a small that holds 1 dragon and 4,100 coins??

Thanks!

scottyhaha
06-18-13, 02:21 PM
If you have the egg just buy the small one for now you can upgrade it later

scottyhaha
06-18-13, 02:23 PM
No rush for large one. Night hybrids hard to get

shinava
06-22-13, 08:18 AM
Just sold my first cosmic egg. Playing on kindle. Not getting daily bonsus and the occasional times it pops up the coibs dont add to my total. Sold first cosmic egg. Am so far from 6 million i gave up trying to come up with it. i also found out that the dragons with expensive habitats earn very little at lvl 10' cosmic earns 692 at 10' ridiculous

wayneh23
06-22-13, 02:59 PM
I sold my first cosmic and mythic egg, was the same problem not enough coins, don't panic it was easy enough to get them both again when i was ready.

elaur
06-22-13, 04:28 PM
I got a stone dragon and I'm letting it sit but it just seems way too much to get 6mil habitats for one random dragon I got.

ganodustin
06-22-13, 04:47 PM
well, i personally dont think those new dragons are worth having. i need to spend 4M for a habitat with max coin of 3000, spend time getting the dragon, and spend massive amount of food to feed it to lv 10. what could i get? a drgon that make about 800coins per hour. it's NOT worth it.

montrianmaster
06-22-13, 05:40 PM
And some people in the suggestion thread are not helping (no offense) because they are suggesting to make habitats for new elements worth millions of coins. crazy.

jannywanny7
07-18-13, 09:09 PM
I was so excited to finally get a mythic dragon, but that was short lived when I discovered the cost of the habitat....SIX MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!! Are they nuts?...Who would pay such an outrageous amount? I was so disappointed, and have left the egg in its nest because I can't bear to sell it yet.

ShadowDragon136
07-18-13, 09:15 PM
Time to go island hopping~ You'd be surprised how constantly visiting other islands, leaving messages on peoples' walls, and frequent clearing of your own island can add up. It may take a few days, but 6mil isn't unobtainable.

maj1977
07-18-13, 10:44 PM
I used to think that too but I've bought that one and other costly ones and have about 20 mil in my reserve mist of the time. Even with some spendy food production. Once you build up your habitats and level up your dragons the money comes a bit faster. Just keep at it. Hopefully you have a second nest so it can sit there a while and you can breed others while you save up!

beasly_pigshark
09-12-13, 09:53 PM
6 million for the Mystic habitat is outrageous. I am level capped at 94, and can make between 500k - 900k a day depending on whats going on. Still, 6 mill is excessive especially since the other habitats, excluding the Black sands, are max 360k. It would be fine if it had a coin carry rate of like 50k silver coins but only 5k. Come on. Be serious, most people don't play enough for it possible to get 6 million coins. Next, another hybrid dragon that i have to cross red and yellow to get and it has a 12 hr timer. Even at lvl 94, I'm struggling to get the creepy Easter dragon, why release this now, unless your trying push people to buy gold. If so, I'm disappointed, I thought you better than that. I really like this game and want to see it evolve to where we can trade dragons or even battle em in pvp.
Me too I'm level 74 and I make the same amount as u but I find it harder for me to expand my island than buying habitats I usually have the million coins in 2 day