PDA

View Full Version : In-Game Event Mythic Dragon Celebration - Win 5,000 Gold! [Winners Announced!]

FrozenTurtle
03-28-13, 12:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/fftBerp.gif

A long time ago on an Island far far away...

There existed a dragon which, today, had been previously unseen. Stories have been told about its existence, but none have laid eyes upon such a creature. Until now. The Mythic Dragon is no longer just part of ancient Dragon lore. These magnificent dragons have been spotted on many nearby Islands.

Help us fill Dragon Story with Mythic Dragons for a chance to win your share of Gold!

Rules:
Starts: Thursday, March 28th 11:00am PDT
Ends: Monday, April 1st at 10:30am PDT

- BREED or BUY 1 Mythic Dragon for 1 entry!
- EVOLVE a Mythic Dragon to level 10 for 10 entries!

10 players will win 5,000 Gold each! The more entries, the more chances you have to win!

Join in on the festivities by breeding or buying a Mythic Dragon through the following versions:

Dragon Story for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id513474544)
Dragon Story for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon)
Dragon Story: Valentine's Day for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon5)
Dragon Story: Easter Edition for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon20)

Kindle Users: We're sorry, but this contest is not available to Kindle Users at this time due to the particular Dragon being unavailable. Check out our TeamLava Crossword Contest (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48781-TeamLava-Crossword-Contest!) for a chance to win FREE Gold or Gems in the game of your choice!

EDIT:

http://i46.tinypic.com/bedkkn.gif

Were you able to uncover the Myth? Please join me in congratulating the winners of the Mythic Dragon Celebration:

Dragtopia
Ncc island
Dragon Isle
Victinistar
blazing Inferno
Dragolandia
Dorsu
Blue isle
dragqueens
Chakra

Thanks to Caretakers across the lands, Dragon Story has been successfully populated with Mythic Dragons! Thanks again to everyone for participating!

RotomGuy
03-28-13, 12:03 PM
Cool looking epic, but how do we get this if we have no clue what to breed x3

Mani_Sari
03-28-13, 12:05 PM
Is that dragon actually moving, or i've had too much daiquiri's for lunch lol. Looks nice though, combo please! ^_^

tonguelashing
03-28-13, 12:13 PM
Is that dragon actually moving, or i've had too much daiquiri's for lunch lol. Looks nice though, combo please! ^_^

Yep, animatd GIF or PNG file showing us what it looks like when epic. Nice touch.

SybreTiger
03-28-13, 01:10 PM
I no longer pay attention to contests, but I do always use these as a guide to when new dragons will be coming out. If they run Thurs to Mon, we know there will be two releases that week. I used to greatly look forward to new releases every week from Dragon Story and TL... But lately I've been dreading them, because there are FAR too many dragons coming out now, too many to keep up with. I went from needing only 10 more dragons to complete my album, to over 20 now.

And all the negative updates lately make me ponder quitting the game every week (boosted breeding being a waste of resources, splitting Pink and Black types making them impossible to breed, etc).

TL, this is not how you make a game fun. Making your fans dread your updates and new releases. Quality over Quantity.

Ub3rSkills
03-28-13, 02:09 PM
Just got this to epic and epic it does look :D

funnyrandomness5112
03-28-13, 03:24 PM
Please slow down team lava and let us catch up!! Seariously!!

Autorithy
03-28-13, 03:31 PM
I just got a Mythic egg but I really don't think I can farm 6000000 for the habitat in 12 hours

DragonTan1
03-28-13, 04:07 PM
Do you have to hatch it for an entry?

kwhales
03-28-13, 04:09 PM
Do you have to hatch it for an entry?

Yes. The egg must be hatched to qualify for the contests.

funnyrandomness5112
03-28-13, 04:10 PM
6,000,000 coins for habitat!!! You"re killing us tl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dancingsnickerdoodle
03-28-13, 04:15 PM
I'm still trying to clear trees at 800,000 a pop. No way am I going to try to get 6 mil for a habitat!
I still don't have light hybrids, night hybrids or diamond. Looks like mythic will have a long wait before I bother with it.

DragonTan1
03-28-13, 04:17 PM
Yes. The egg must be hatched to qualify for the contests.

Ok, thanks.

The_Sicilian
03-28-13, 04:19 PM
I'm still trying to clear trees at 800,000 a pop. No way am I going to try to get 6 mil for a habitat!
I still don't have light hybrids, night hybrids or diamond. Looks like mythic will have a long wait before I bother with it.
Buy gold! Lol, $$$$$$$ spend spend spend! Lol no I'm not affiliated with TL, lol. Just mixing irony with fun.

The_Sicilian
03-28-13, 04:20 PM
Btw no one has mentioned the combos in here yet?! Oh no , ... panic! Again, lol.

appjay22
03-28-13, 04:20 PM
how do we breed the mythic dragon

funnyrandomness5112
03-28-13, 04:21 PM
how do we breed the mythic dragon

By Breeding Dragons with red and Yellow Colors 12 Hrs

appjay22
03-28-13, 04:24 PM
thanks dude

funnyrandomness5112
03-28-13, 04:25 PM
thanks dude
no Problem

03-28-13, 04:35 PM
i will try to have that

pipuma
03-28-13, 06:28 PM
Seriously TL? 6.000.000 for the habitat? Are you kidding us? Maybe it's not problem for people who has high lvl, but how about us? This is sick

gaboi007
03-28-13, 11:08 PM
Can we place it in an alternate habitat othere than the 6000000coin habitat?

KKeatzrockz
03-28-13, 11:24 PM
6,000,000 coins for habitat?! Oh my God!!! I'm sure I can't even save up to 6 million coins even if the contest ends......

Mani_Sari
03-28-13, 11:31 PM
Can we place it in an alternate habitat othere than the 6000000coin habitat?

Of course not, it's a single color element, it can only go into the pricey habitat.

gaboi007
03-28-13, 11:31 PM
The habit available for this dragon is a 3dragon 6, 000, 000 coin habitat. Whatever happen to the introduction habitat for 1dragon?

tonguelashing
03-28-13, 11:36 PM
The habit available for this dragon is a 3dragon 6, 000, 000 coin habitat. Whatever happen to the introduction habitat for 1dragon?

By the sounds of it, it looks like there are goals that unlock after getting mythic dragon, so you'll need a habitat to host 3 dragons quickly, and since many people just buy the big habitat anyway...

MomsHouseofSweets
03-28-13, 11:39 PM
I paired Eagle and Pumpkin and got Mythic.

DragonTan1
03-29-13, 05:05 AM
I got it with Athletic & Air.

kurebiz
03-29-13, 06:54 AM

the level limit is 40, so TL thinks that people above that level will be able to afford the large habitats. Can't remember how much I had when I was at lvl 40 so can't comment on that. I think the problem is that, most people who get mythic and who don't have enough money to get the habitat, they are trying for easter, which has the same colour. Probably better if TL didn't release mythic during this period in light of the colours overlapping..

sollia
03-29-13, 07:29 AM
I have a bad feeling that they're going to release the 6M habitat but for gold because some people will see it as more affordable that way.

momi1989
03-29-13, 07:54 AM
Yippiiieeee i got mystic in first attempt. With fire and air dragon. ^_^

lantuyen
03-29-13, 07:59 AM
I got my mythic at 2nd try. Pairing honeybee with firestorm. 👍😃

sollia
03-29-13, 08:27 AM
Hmm so is it not hard to get? I'm going to try and wait until I can afford the habitat before I try to breed one.

NouraMoh
03-29-13, 08:31 AM
It's really not :)

kurebiz
03-29-13, 08:41 AM
got firestorms for my 1st 2 attempts. -___-

sollia
03-29-13, 08:46 AM
I still need a Scorpion so hopefully I'll get one of those trying for Mythic.

DragonTan1
03-29-13, 08:52 AM
I still need a Scorpion so hopefully I'll get one of those trying for Mythic.

I got Scorpion & Mythic trying for Fireworks/Easter.

sollia
03-29-13, 08:59 AM

Not a bad deal!

I'm curious what people will do if they can't afford the habitat and don't have an extra nest. Are they going to sell it? Or let it occupy the nest for who knows how long so they can buy the habitat? Both seem like bad options.

sand
03-29-13, 10:50 AM
Sit on the egg if you're lucky enough to get it. You've still got 2-3 days to scra pe together 6 million coins. 6 million coins for a chance to enter a small pool of entrants vying for a prize of 5000 gold. 6 million coins -- 5000 gold. If you don't have 6 million coins by Monday morning, dump the egg, move on and enjoy your savings.

DragonTan1
03-29-13, 11:04 AM
Not a bad deal!

I'm curious what people will do if they can't afford the habitat and don't have an extra nest. Are they going to sell it? Or let it occupy the nest for who knows how long so they can buy the habitat? Both seem like bad options.

I got these too going for Fireworks...

Athletic & Air = Seabreeze
Athletic & Air = Mythic
Mist & Athletic = Honeybee
Athletic & Mist = Scorpion
Athletic & Mist = Mirage
Athletic & Mist = LeftHeart

I was simply trying for Easter and ended up with a myth first try with epic air and fire. Have barely any money as I am low in the game so I instead bought another nest. So frustrating because I would love to hatch my myth but don't have nearly a mil much less 6 ! Tl I am very disappointed....I understand you wanting us to spend real money but this is crazy!

He/she bought another nest and doesn't even have a million.. I would've just sold it if that was me, I have 3 nests and almost 3 million. Still a long way to go.

sand
03-29-13, 07:47 PM
Okay, I'm in! In for a penny; in for a pound. I had to endure 3 Firestorms (no sign of the wascal wabbit) and cough up my entire stash of coins for the Maze. Now the challenge is to somehow milk the other 40 habitats for the next couple days to raise 100000 fruit for this monster. The last contest dragon devoured all the food.

Delforce
03-29-13, 07:56 PM
TL gave my mythic the funniest name. Sisyphus
ROFL :D
Also food and coins cost for gold has increased immensely. Lots cheaper to get for gold, or as the saying goes, more bang for your bucks :D

vickychase
03-29-13, 08:15 PM
:{ tried breeding epic eagle and epic firestorm and got 12 hrs. spent gold to speed it up thinking I got a Mythic but it turned out to be a firestorm. I think the mythic breeding time should be something else instead of being 12 hrs.

swstar
03-29-13, 08:45 PM
He/she bought another nest and doesn't even have a million.. I would've just sold it if that was me, I have 3 nests and almost 3 million. Still a long way to go.[/QUOTE]

yes i did buy another nest to keep trying for my easter....im attempting accumulation of coin until i have to buy or just forget it...im a she. :-)

swstar
03-29-13, 08:46 PM
either way i will have it, just may not be in time for contest.

sniffablestar
03-30-13, 02:39 AM
The habbitat is outrageously expensive I think it's stupid. But the dragon is awesome

sniffablestar
03-30-13, 02:41 AM
Mythic dragon was easy I wasn't even going for it. But I got it. And I can't afford the habbitat ugh:(

kurebiz
03-30-13, 04:34 AM
well. players have been asking for ways to spend vast amount of coins on. this is TL listening to us.

Mumsly
03-30-13, 05:33 AM
Morning can anyone tell me if there is a time limit to how long you can leave an egg in the nest once its ready? It may take me a while to but $6 M nest lol. Thanks

flowless
03-30-13, 06:00 AM
Morning can anyone tell me if there is a time limit to how long you can leave an egg in the nest once its ready? It may take me a while to but $6 M nest lol. Thanks

I don't think there is a time limit for leaving your eggs on a nest

But then again I never lefted an egg for more than 3 days

Spiceshirl
03-30-13, 06:10 AM
Morning can anyone tell me if there is a time limit to:rolleyes: how long you can leave an egg in the nest once its ready? It may take me a while to but $6 M nest lol. Thanks

There is no time limit it can stay until eternity!! Some people leave eggs example diamonds and Infinities as decoration on their nest including myself!!:rolleyes:

Mumsly
03-30-13, 09:07 AM
There is no time limit it can stay until eternity!! Some people leave eggs example diamonds and Infinities as decoration on their nest including myself!!:rolleyes:

Thank you, good to know as it will be a while before my egg leaves the nest!

Mumsly
03-30-13, 09:14 AM

Thanks for the tip

sand
03-30-13, 09:19 AM
As much as i like Sisyphus, I'm definitely gonna name mine Minotaur, from another Greek myth. The epic Mythic certainly resembles my mental image of the Minotaur. Plus the mythic Minotaur lived in a maze!
My Mythic egg is ready, but the Maze isn't (5-hour difference even if you start the habitat as soon as the egg hits the nest).
No point in speeding up because there's precious little food. I'm so broke now, I'm planting Buffbeets!

DragonTan1
03-30-13, 09:50 AM
I have 3 million! Don't worry Mythic, you'll have your home soon... Seriously TL 6 million?!! You guys have gone crazy... (@____@)

RotomGuy
03-30-13, 09:52 AM
I think if I eventually get this guys habitat, I won't be getting another one. The other habitats probably hold more than it anyway. xD

Mani_Sari
03-30-13, 09:54 AM
I think if I eventually get this guys habitat, I won't be getting another one. The other habitats probably hold more than it anyway. xD

Same for most, unless you have millions of coins collecting dust, although the habitat looks amazing in design!

RotomGuy
03-30-13, 09:57 AM
Same for most, unless you have millions of coins collecting dust, although the habitat looks amazing in design!

I must agree there. It's one of those special habitats you put in a little decorated area near your main Breeding/Hatching area.

Mani_Sari
03-30-13, 10:47 AM
It's one of those special habitats you put in a little decorated area near your main Breeding/Hatching area.

Yup, been visiting random islands, seen a few that have this as a center piece and I must say, there's a lot of creative minds out there given the fact that the decor available for this game is so limited. I would imagine if there were more trees, crystals, castles, or better yet a full set of limited edition decoration that goes with each theme. Example Halloween, spooky trees, graveyard gates and fences, dracula castle, etc. I would love to change up my islands appearance from time to time. ^_^

RotomGuy
03-30-13, 10:58 AM
Yup, been visiting random islands, seen a few that have this as a center piece and I must say, there's a lot of creative minds out there given the fact that the decor available for this game is so limited. I would imagine if there were more trees, crystals, castles, or better yet a full set of limited edition decoration that goes with each theme. Example Halloween, spooky trees, graveyard gates and fences, dracula castle, etc. I would love to change up my islands appearance from time to time. ^_^I want elemental trees, that is all :D

doop01
03-30-13, 12:45 PM
The price of the habitat is crazy. I feel a bit sorry for one of my nbrs atm. She is a lvl 94, and weeks ago now when I visited I noticed some ......redecorating ......gone were all her dragons & habitats except for one lonely firestorm. She had bought HEAPS of decorations & had them everywhere. It was quite fun I thought :) and her faithful nbrs kept visiting and posting. It was like a competition between us to see who could get to play with her firestorm lol success meant you got to post a victorious msg. Then after a week or two she started to rebuild! Visited one day & there were habitats under construction everywhere!! She's already got quite a few good dragons back, but of course the poor thing is now almost broke & can't get the new habitat yet. I have to say I enjoyed watching a new way of taking a break & starting out fresh with this game

flaming_foxtail
03-30-13, 02:54 PM
The price of the habitat is crazy. I feel a bit sorry for one of my nbrs atm. She is a lvl 94, and weeks ago now when I visited I noticed some ......redecorating ......gone were all her dragons & habitats except for one lonely firestorm. She had bought HEAPS of decorations & had them everywhere. It was quite fun I thought :) and her faithful nbrs kept visiting and posting. It was like a competition between us to see who could get to play with her firestorm lol success meant you got to post a victorious msg. Then after a week or two she started to rebuild! Visited one day & there were habitats under construction everywhere!! She's already got quite a few good dragons back, but of course the poor thing is now almost broke & can't get the new habitat yet. I have to say I enjoyed watching a new way of taking a break & starting out fresh with this game

Thanks for sharing, I loved this demonstration of really appreciating the game for its opportunities instead of being a gold, update & sweepstakes slave.

NouraMoh
03-30-13, 03:02 PM

My 3 diamond eggs have been sitting there without hatching for MONTHS now :/

renbuxing
03-30-13, 03:07 PM
I got it in 2nd tried, but the habitat lasted 17 hours, so I sped 5 golds in the last time. Is it possible to get a chance for 5000gold? And Mythic costs so much food, i dont know how can I get enough apples from now to April 1th? :(

doop01
03-30-13, 03:57 PM
Thanks for sharing, I loved this demonstration of really appreciating the game for its opportunities instead of being a gold, update & sweepstakes slave.

Thank you! :P I thought it was very brave....I could never do it!

NanaCanna
03-30-13, 04:32 PM
I'm not sure where to post this but how do I breed an Infinity dragon? I have a diamond but do I need 2 diamonds since its the only stone or color that it shows?

kwhales
03-30-13, 05:20 PM
I'm not sure where to post this but how do I breed an Infinity dragon? I have a diamond but do I need 2 diamonds since its the only stone or color that it shows?

Here is the link for infinity http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?33917-Infinity-Dragon

Infinity can be bred from any four elements, just like diamond.

renbuxing
03-31-13, 01:05 AM
I got it in 2nd tried, but the habitat lasted 17 hours, so I sped 5 golds in the last time. Is it possible to get a chance for 5000gold? And Mythic costs so much food, i dont know how can I get enough apples from now to April 1th? :(

Anyone can answer my question?

kurebiz
03-31-13, 01:17 AM
Anyone can answer my question?

you get 1 entry if you hatch the egg before the sweepstakes end.

renbuxing
03-31-13, 01:29 AM
you get 1 entry if you hatch the egg before the sweepstakes end.

Thank you, how stupid am I!

sourlicorice5
03-31-13, 08:42 AM
Ah nuts. Got the mythic but can't hatch it as have to save up the 6 mill needed for the habitat :-( guess ill have to miss out due to habitat being a ridicoulous coin price :-(

ticketytock
03-31-13, 10:54 AM
Ah nuts. Got the mythic but can't hatch it as have to save up the 6 mill needed for the habitat :-( guess ill have to miss out due to habitat being a ridicoulous coin price :-(

Same here. :-( got it on the first try to!

DragonTan1
03-31-13, 11:35 AM
Same here. :-( got it on the first try to!

I just got the habitat but now I am broke :(

tonguelashing
03-31-13, 07:27 PM
So I have a horrible problem which I know there is nothing that can be done about it, but want to state it anyway.

I have a mythic dragon on my nest which I got last night which is awesome. Just waiting for it to hatch to put it in its habitat which is already built. I figured, plenty of time to get it to epic for the contest. I am doing a bit of travelling and will be back tuesday night and thought I brought my tablet with me. Guess what? I didn't :-(

So now I have this mythic egg STILL on my nest, not hatched and not in the habitat therefore not even eligible for a single entry into the contest, never mind the additional 10 entries for having it in Epic.

*sigh* some days just work against me :-(

moostermine
03-31-13, 07:59 PM
I invite any one of you to send your poor little homeless mythics to my place, I'll look after them for you for a few days!

nbella1414
03-31-13, 08:30 PM
So I have a horrible problem which I know there is nothing that can be done about it, but want to state it anyway.

I have a mythic dragon on my nest which I got last night which is awesome. Just waiting for it to hatch to put it in its habitat which is already built. I figured, plenty of time to get it to epic for the contest. I am doing a bit of travelling and will be back tuesday night and thought I brought my tablet with me. Guess what? I didn't :-(

So now I have this mythic egg STILL on my nest, not hatched and not in the habitat therefore not even eligible for a single entry into the contest, never mind the additional 10 entries for having it in Epic.

*sigh* some days just work against me :-(

Ohhh that sucks. $6 mill for the habitat and now no chance at the contest. I'd be mad. I was out of town all weekend with one in the nest and no cell service. I thought I'd miss it but then I came back today, won the moon dragon contest and got it in the habitat. Then I need a second one trying for clockwork.

nbella1414
03-31-13, 08:31 PM
*bred*

Baraze
03-31-13, 09:02 PM
I have two but whether or not ill get even one to epic remains to be seen. Tired of these dragons breeding me dry.

tonguelashing
03-31-13, 09:09 PM
I have two but whether or not ill get even one to epic remains to be seen. Tired of these dragons breeding me dry.

Fortunately, I have over 500K food, so I'm not worried about it right now at least, but do plant a lot, most of my dragons are epic already so I don't have a lot of mouths to feed. :D

Autorithy
03-31-13, 09:38 PM
I got a Mythic dragon epic form :D addme Autorithy

mia_lareh15
03-31-13, 10:01 PM
How do u know of ur entered or not

tonguelashing
03-31-13, 10:31 PM

If you bred one, and hatched it (egg must be hatched) you're automatically entered.

Baraze
03-31-13, 11:12 PM
Fortunately, I have over 500K food, so I'm not worried about it right now at least, but do plant a lot, most of my dragons are epic already so I don't have a lot of mouths to feed. :D

Did you plant upgrapes to collect a lot of food and still feed your young ones? i last had 60,000 servings, but blew it all by not paying attention to how much food four leaf was eating. I was so disgusted that I traded him. Which addee insult to injury.

Mani_Sari
03-31-13, 11:35 PM
If you bred one, and hatched it (egg must be hatched) you're automatically entered.

A friend of mine won the moon contest with the egg still on the nest though, i'm kinda confused in this "hatching". Hatched meaning it needs to be in a habitat, or hatched just on the nest.

kurebiz
04-01-13, 12:26 AM
Did you plant upgrapes to collect a lot of food and still feed your young ones? i last had 60,000 servings, but blew it all by not paying attention to how much food four leaf was eating. I was so disgusted that I traded him. Which addee insult to injury.

Tonguelashing is android.. hence the huge amount of food available. :)

A friend of mine won the moon contest with the egg still on the nest though, i'm kinda confused in this "hatching". Hatched meaning it needs to be in a habitat, or hatched just on the nest.

Are you sure he won? Because there could be other islands with the same name. Guess we'd need to seek clarification on what's the meaning of hatch, though I think it should be the former.

OrdinaryJoe
04-01-13, 12:55 AM
Yay! I have an Epic Mythic... and a second one on a nest.... Have to move it to the habitat in the morning. I might try to speed evolve him too.

Autorithy
04-01-13, 01:03 AM
Woot Woot I now got 2 Mythic dragons epic form!!

looney_gul
04-01-13, 01:15 AM
My God! Its raining Firetorms!!! i have tried over 30 times and no luck grrrr...... what the helll is the deal with these firestorms. Gosh! and if not that i get Eagles, no matter what pairing i try i end up with Commons. Dont have Easter dont have Mythic. Im seriously thinking of quitting this game! its not for those who dont want to spend real money to buy gold all the time.

Mani_Sari
04-01-13, 02:45 AM
Are you sure he won? Because there could be other islands with the same name. Guess we'd need to seek clarification on what's the meaning of hatch, though I think it should be the former.[/QUOTE]

It's a she actually, but yeah, the island name is on the list of winners, she just checked her account earlier amazed to see 500 gold added, and the moon is still on the nest lol.

The_Sicilian
04-01-13, 06:07 AM
You could hatch 1,000 of the contest dragons, if you havnt paid for at least the same amount of gold out of your own pocket, then you're wasting your time. Lol, and yet if you have, you're wasting your money- lol.

funnyrandomness5112
04-01-13, 06:46 AM
Halfway to buying The Habitat after 4 days! :)

tbka
04-01-13, 07:14 AM
Just got my Mythic in the very late moment. Now I'm out of gold and coins, so there is no way I could possibly get him to epic in time. At less I get one entry! Here's hoping!

finnth12
04-01-13, 08:13 AM
I just got the mythic too, always when the contest almost over. Been trying lots of time and numerous firestorms that only showed up and now I'm trying the easter. I got 12 hrs, I hope it's easter, after fail so many time.

DragonTan1
04-01-13, 08:27 AM
I just got the mythic too, always when the contest almost over. Been trying lots of time and numerous firestorms that only showed up and now I'm trying the easter. I got 12 hrs, I hope it's easter, after fail so many time.

While trying for Fireworks I got Mythic and 2 Easter dragons... Easter is super rare but I think Mythic is too, it says Mythic is rare.

sand
04-01-13, 08:53 AM

I've always doubted the assumption that you have to hatch the dragon. The contest announcements always say "breed or buy... for one entry" or "craft or buy? for one entry." It never says you must hatch it, although one would at least have to do that if going for the 10-entry epic.
Technically, hatching means incubation is complete, but doesn't necessarily mean the egg has left the nest. When you tap a "READY" egg, you get a message that says you've hatched it and asks what you want to do with it.
From your friend's experience, it would appear that the rules are true to the announcement. You need only breed it and must have either egg or dragon when they tally the entrants. It's definitely worth checking into, because this would bode well for all those players with homeless Mythic eggs. One may be a golden egg!

Mani_Sari
04-01-13, 09:01 AM
The contest announcements always say "breed or buy... for one entry" or "craft or buy? for one entry." It never says you must hatch it, although one would at least have to do that if going for the 10-entry epic

Well I was thinking it only needed to finish incubating from the den, and not really hatched off the nest. Seeing this proved it to me, as well as showing me it's all about luck. I had my Moon to epic, while my friend lucked out on a Moon on an account which couldn't even afford a big black habitat and wins lol.

MayaIsland
04-01-13, 09:09 AM
How does one find out who is in the running in the contest?

crixus_new
04-01-13, 09:10 AM
I m confused, I did evolve my moon dragon to epic form before the end-date, means 10 entries but I didn't win. So the question here, is it really true Dragon Story only choose winner from those who have purchased / spent real money (I nvr purchased any gold). If it is true, then we need to spend money before qualify for the in-game event. what a letdown. Haiz.....

sand
04-01-13, 09:11 AM
You could hatch 1,000 of the contest dragons, if you havnt paid for at least the same amount of gold out of your own pocket, then you're wasting your time. Lol, and yet if you have, you're wasting your money- lol.

Oh, hush! My Four-Leaf won 5000 gold, and since it was a 5-hour breed that I got on the first try, I spent no gold getting it to epic. Zero. Furthermore, I've never purchased gold.
I spent my winnings on additional nests, a Kissing Dragons sculpture to celebrate my Mistmoth & Fairy who bred 2 Diamonds that same week, a large amethyst so I could craft Amethyst dragon, a Mask egg (heck yeah!) and a truckload of fruit for my level-9 Mythic whose habitat left me too broke to buy the last mega-feedings it needed to reach epic. That plus a bunch of speed-ups for Amethyst, Mask, Mythic and any other dragons that stood in our way. LOL
The contests are fun if you don't take them (or the game) too seriously. As for winning, it's a long shot, but you've gotta be in it to win it, and you've gotta believe.
I'm Sand. My ID is SAND, and my island is Aetherlands (no resident Aether dragon). Come visit!

emergRN
04-01-13, 09:21 AM
I m confused, I did evolve my moon dragon to epic form before the end-date, means 10 entries but I didn't win. So the question here, is it really true Dragon Story only choose winner from those who have purchased / spent real money (I nvr purchased any gold). If it is true, then we need to spend money before qualify for the in-game event. what a letdown. Haiz.....

i do not think that is the case. i buy gold as a treat for myself and i have qualified for many of these events and have not won once. don't forget that there is probably a few million ppl that play this game :(

crixus_new
04-01-13, 10:13 AM
i do not think that is the case. i buy gold as a treat for myself and i have qualified for many of these events and have not won once. don't forget that there is probably a few million ppl that play this game :(
Yeah, maybe u r correct. i think I m just bitter for not winning.

Baraze
04-01-13, 10:48 AM
Oh boo! Wasted time evolving poison to try for medusa. I should have focused on getting this to epic. Dummy me. Oh well! Another contest will pop up soon. I want to win one! Just one.

Baraze
04-01-13, 10:51 AM
Oh, hush! My Four-Leaf won 5000 gold, and since it was a 5-hour breed that I got on the first try, I spent no gold getting it to epic. Zero. Furthermore, I've never purchased gold.
I spent my winnings on additional nests, a Kissing Dragons sculpture to celebrate my Mistmoth & Fairy who bred 2 Diamonds that same week, a large amethyst so I could craft Amethyst dragon, a Mask egg (heck yeah!) and a truckload of fruit for my level-9 Mythic whose habitat left me too broke to buy the last mega-feedings it needed to reach epic. That plus a bunch of speed-ups for Amethyst, Mask, Mythic and any other dragons that stood in our way. LOL
The contests are fun if you don't take them (or the game) too seriously. As for winning, it's a long shot, but you've gotta be in it to win it, and you've gotta believe.
I'm Sand. My ID is SAND, and my island is Aetherlands (no resident Aether dragon). Come visit!

Say it again! Soooo many people play this game. Its a treat when someone on the forum wins. I dont think they are rigged, their are just some hardcore players. Luck is the main ingredient needed.

sand
04-01-13, 11:29 AM
Say it again! Soooo many people play this game. Its a treat when someone on the forum wins. I dont think they are rigged, their are just some hardcore players. Luck is the main ingredient needed.

Before my own streak of luck, I saw neighbors win and would haunt their islands to guess where they were spending it. Look, whether you buy it, win it or get it from neighbors or downloads, the gold is fun money. The game is enjoyable & frustrating enough; gold just adds to the enjoyment & frustration.

So where's the new dragon and contest? Don't tell me they're giving us a break!

mammami08
04-01-13, 11:30 AM
I really hope i get lucky on this one, have accually entered every contest (with at least 11 entries) but the one with dark angel. I don't take it so seriously but when a new dragon gets out i try to get it and my goal is that all my dragons should be epic (sooner or later, it is harder now with the new big food eating ones). If i get the new dragon i do not go for another to get more entries.

So in one way or another i have acctually entered every contest but one. I havn't spent any gold to do so and havn't won, but i do know neighbours who have spent alot of gold and they havn't won either, so i think it is pure luck and a fun happening if you do not take it to seriuolsly and don't let it stress you.

I Have not been lucky to win one yet, so hope the luck shines on me or one of my fellow neighbours or forum members this time ;) so good luck to everyone, i really hope you win this time :)

finnth12
04-01-13, 11:32 AM
I've always doubted the assumption that you have to hatch the dragon. The contest announcements always say "breed or buy... for one entry" or "craft or buy? for one entry." It never says you must hatch it, although one would at least have to do that if going for the 10-entry epic.
Technically, hatching means incubation is complete, but doesn't necessarily mean the egg has left the nest. When you tap a "READY" egg, you get a message that says you've hatched it and asks what you want to do with it.
From your friend's experience, it would appear that the rules are true to the announcement. You need only breed it and must have either egg or dragon when they tally the entrants. It's definitely worth checking into, because this would bode well for all those players with homeless Mythic eggs. One may be a golden egg!

So, that means I got 1 entry....lol. Yay...

finnth12
04-01-13, 11:34 AM
While trying for Fireworks I got Mythic and 2 Easter dragons... Easter is super rare but I think Mythic is too, it says Mythic is rare.

Thanks, but I have the fireworks and I don't want to get 20 hrs fail. But thanks for the advice. I'll just keep selling my firestorm,lol.

DragonTan1
04-01-13, 11:43 AM
Thanks, but I have the fireworks and I don't want to get 20 hrs fail. But thanks for the advice. I'll just keep selling my firestorm,lol.

My point was try for another dragon and you'll probably get Mythic, when I try for a dragon I get it within 5 tries but not Fireworks or Medusa.. These are the only 2 I have tried for and couldn't get lol

emergRN
04-01-13, 01:08 PM
Yeah, maybe u r correct. i think I m just bitter for not winning.

lol me too! I don't play the lottery for that same reason...I never win :(

PhoenixDragonland
04-01-13, 02:01 PM
If you have many dragons, just collect the funds every hour. I don't have a mystic dragon and until this I never knew the habit was 6M. I have over 2M in coins. I refuse to buy anything until I actually breed the dragons that I need, which is many since TL keeps dumping new dragons out. Doesn't matter what color I breed, I get a dragon with no related colors.

UberSkillzz
04-01-13, 02:26 PM
When do they pick the winners or have they already been picked ? Also when is the gold given out if you do win ?

kurebiz
04-01-13, 03:44 PM
When do they pick the winners or have they already been picked ? Also when is the gold given out if you do win ?

You do realise the contest just ended and there're other contests that sweepstakes that TL hasn't release the results for? I think we won't hear about the results of this for at least another week. Gold will be credited to winner's accounts when they announce the winners.

Autorithy
04-01-13, 03:54 PM
Why for months if you said you got them out of night and Mirage?
My 3 diamond eggs have been sitting there without hatching for MONTHS now :/

gaboi007
04-01-13, 05:44 PM
Has anyone every won one of these contest? If so, how long and how do you know if you have won?

NouraMoh
04-01-13, 05:50 PM
Why for months if you said you got them out of night and Mirage?

Got 3 diamonds on my nests:
1 Landworm/Seabreeze (more than 4 months)
2 Mirage/Virtue ( a couple of months )
3 Mirage/Night ( two weeks )

funnyrandomness5112
04-01-13, 07:24 PM
Got 3 diamonds on my nests:
1 Landworm/Seabreeze (more than 4 months)
2 Mirage/Virtue ( a couple of months )
3 Mirage/Night ( two weeks )

O.o If I were you I would move the None Pures out of Their habitats to Hatch those diamonds and when you get a habitat increase, you can put them back in their diamond habitats....

funnyrandomness5112
04-01-13, 07:25 PM
O.o If I were you I would move the None Pures out of Their habitats to Hatch those diamonds and when you get a habitat increase, you can put them back in their diamond habitats....

I meant, Like Anubis, Mercury, exc..

The_Sicilian
04-01-13, 10:58 PM
You missed my point completely

momi1989
04-02-13, 03:10 PM
When are they going to announce the winners?

lollipop_rp
04-02-13, 03:17 PM
I don't know why but this habitat is outrageous
I can't even place my mythic in its place yet cuz I need money for a habitat

itzjulezzz
04-02-13, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty sure this dragon is aimed at higher level players, you earn him basically. TL shoulda made selling the egg worth more at least though for people forced to sell.

BusyMomof5
04-02-13, 04:52 PM
What combo do I use to make the Mythic Dragon? What is the breeding time?

Kathy

The_Sicilian
04-02-13, 05:05 PM
By Breeding Dragons with red and Yellow Colors 12 Hrs

So breed two dragons that both have red and yellow in them? IOW, each dragon in the den must contain red and yellow in their breed?

shespurdy
04-02-13, 07:20 PM

What did you breed to get all these?

DragonTan1
04-02-13, 08:29 PM
What did you breed to get all these?

Mythic = Fire & Mindvolt.
Scorpion = Fire & Mindvolt.
Easter = Mythic & Poison.

Now, I have 3 Scorpion and 3 Easter. Traded 1 Easter.

Autorithy
04-02-13, 09:33 PM
I got 2 Mythic dragons from eagle and firestorm

koiju
04-03-13, 03:07 AM
Ah nuts I was saving for that killer habitat and then realized I needed to clear an 800k tree to have some space to put it in! Back down to 1.5mill :(

doop01
04-03-13, 04:02 AM
So breed two dragons that both have red and yellow in them? IOW, each dragon in the den must contain red and yellow in their breed?

They don't both have to have red/yellow but both colours must be there. You can breed fire/air or two different red/yellow hybrids. I don't like to add any other colours to the mix tho as then there are even more possible outcome.

queenlynnethethird
04-03-13, 07:18 AM
Ah nuts I was saving for that killer habitat and then realized I needed to clear an 800k tree to have some space to put it in! Back down to 1.5mill :(

I thought the same thing koiju, but realized I only had to move some dragons around and sell a fire (red) habitat to make room. They're cheap and could replace later.

moda999
04-03-13, 07:55 AM
Just got Mythic from Ruby and Topaz.

sand
04-03-13, 01:31 PM
You missed my point completely

I seldom miss; my aim is true.
MY point, I'm sure, did not miss YOU!

bayhuiling
04-04-13, 10:02 AM
Got the egg and forced to sell it when it hatched! Don't even have a mil, not to say build its habitat! )':

fairyfrenzy87
04-04-13, 10:07 AM
I also have the egg, but I only have 2 million... Can't afford this expensive habitat just yet..

Marty67
04-04-13, 10:59 AM
Thank god i had 30 millions when i hit this one ;)

amijun
04-04-13, 12:08 PM
I just got a Mythic egg but I really don't think I can farm 6000000 for the habitat in 12 hours

I have got the same problem, I can't afford 6000000 coins. I don't have enough gold either and don't want to spend a big amount of money on the game. Any idea what I can do? Selling the dragon would be a shame, too :'(

stacy_lou
04-04-13, 11:51 PM
How comes they haven't announced the winners of this comp yet?

OrdinaryJoe
04-05-13, 03:15 PM
Is Mythic supposed to be rare?

I have 5 of them, yikes! Two are still on nests, while I try to decide what to do with them, and the other three are in their habitat. I don't have any of the hybrids yet, but I can't decide whether to buy/build another Mythic habitat. I'm more concerned with having to sell three other dragons to make room for another habitat, because these Mythic dragons don't earn as much coins...

OrdinaryJoe
04-05-13, 03:17 PM
Is Mythic supposed to be rare?

I have 5 of them, yikes! Two are still on nests, while I try to decide what to do with them, and the other three are in their habitat. I don't have any of the hybrids yet, but I can't decide whether to buy/build another Mythic habitat. I'm more concerned with having to sell three other dragons to make room for another habitat, because these Mythic dragons don't earn as much coins...

I don't know if I should be holding on to them... I'm android and don't have the ability to trade them for gems, but I'm wondering if I should keep them just in case we get that feature soon. Do the Mythic dragons give out anything unique or different when they go through the trading portal? Is there an incentive for Androids to keep the extras?

DragonTan1
04-05-13, 03:20 PM
I don't know if I should be holding on to them... I'm android and don't have the ability to trade them for gems, but I'm wondering if I should keep them just in case we get that feature soon. Do the Mythic dragons give out anything unique or different when they go through the trading portal? Is there an incentive for Androids to keep the extras?

I've got plenty too, I sold them all but I have 2 and 1 Atlas.. when I get Medusa one Mythic will get kicked out lol

[S8] Elsa
04-05-13, 03:45 PM
Were you able to uncover the Myth? Please join me in congratulating the winners of the Mythic Dragon Celebration:

Dragtopia
Ncc island
Dragon Isle
Victinistar
blazing Inferno
Dragolandia
Dorsu
Blue isle
dragqueens
Chakra

Thanks to Caretakers across the lands, Dragon Story has been successfully populated with Mythic Dragons! Thanks again to everyone for participating!

picklylily
04-05-13, 03:58 PM
Congrats, all! :3 so jealous

LilMzB4Life
04-05-13, 04:17 PM
Congrats winners!!!

OrdinaryJoe
04-05-13, 04:19 PM
Congrats!

sakuraohimesama
04-05-13, 05:43 PM
:( i got this dragon on the first day of this contest
and i use my gold to feed in max lvl
ahh no luck :( congrats to all the winners :)

Autorithy
04-05-13, 06:08 PM
Ok I'm done with this game, I had 20 entries, 2 mythic dragons lvl 10 and didn't win

Autorithy
04-05-13, 06:27 PM
and now they TL announce the pearl dragon, I've been farming pearls for a while, I have way more than 20 and still over 100k apples on stock after feeding 2 Mythic to lvl 10 but for sure I'm no going to buy gold again to evolve 2 dragons to lvl 10, so disappointing

sweetstuff525
04-05-13, 06:29 PM
Congrats to the winners I still can't get mythic nor easter

I HATE firestorms
I think something is wrong with my breeding den

LilMzB4Life
04-05-13, 07:28 PM
I'm getting more mythics than I can count but can't get a single Easter to save my life.

DragonTan1
04-05-13, 07:36 PM
Ok I'm done with this game, I had 20 entries, 2 mythic dragons lvl 10 and didn't win

You had 22 entries then, I had 11 but it only take 1 to win.

I'm getting more mythics than I can count but can't get a single Easter to save my life.

I'm getting a lot of Easter and Mythic... a lot of the Red/Yellow dragons actually. If you have Diamond, breed it with Mythic to get Helios and you'll get Easter eventually.

LilMzB4Life
04-05-13, 07:40 PM
I'm getting a lot of Easter and Mythic... a lot of the Red/Yellow dragons actually. If you have Diamond, breed it with Mythic to get Helios and you'll get Easter eventually.

I was hoping to get Easter in the process of going for Helios but so far I've gotten firestorm (2), fire, and a mythic which is currently in my nest.

OrdinaryJoe
04-05-13, 07:41 PM

I too, am getting lots of Mythics, but can't get Easter. I'll keep trying for Easter, plus I still need Scorpion, so I'll be breeding red and yellow some more... I just pray that I stop getting Mythics!

DragonTan1
04-05-13, 07:45 PM
I got Easter and Scorpion with Mythic & Poison/Familiar too.

LilMzB4Life
04-05-13, 07:46 PM
The Mythic in my nest is my 4th one. Got a 12 hour breed and hope its not another Mythic. I wish I could trade the extra one's because I refuse to buy another habitat for it. Too expensive

alphaiceman
04-05-13, 08:02 PM
This is like my 20th try for mythic with no luck. Getting annoyed. Nothing but every other hybrid with yellow/ red.

jovanisto
04-05-13, 08:11 PM
Just got my first in the nest with honeybee/pumpkin combo. Still tyring for easter, now having pumpkin/scorpion in the den, 12 hours, we'll see which one later... Hope not a firestorm >|(

stacy_lou
04-06-13, 03:06 AM
Congrats all :)

monstermash1
04-06-13, 06:51 AM
I paired Eagle and Pumpkin and got Mythic.

I have my egg and yes it is a Mythic paired with fire and air... Both level 10 ..trying to get that Easter egg!!at least it's not a firestorm

monstermash1
04-06-13, 06:53 AM
You are not alone ....lol

heartofgold01
04-06-13, 09:29 AM
What did you breed to get the Mythic egg? I'm have a lot of problems getting any egg. Thanks.

heartofgold01
04-06-13, 09:31 AM
What did you breed to get a pumpkin egg?

RotomGuy
04-06-13, 09:55 AM
What did you breed to get a pumpkin egg?

It's limited, you can't get it anymore.

momi1989
04-06-13, 03:57 PM
What is the criteria of selecting the winners?

The_Sicilian
04-06-13, 06:17 PM
They don't both have to have red/yellow but both colours must be there. You can breed fire/air or two different red/yellow hybrids. I don't like to add any other colours to the mix tho as then there are even more possible outcome.
Agreed! I bred fire and air and got mythic on the second attempt. Am now up to five plus mil. And counting to afford the habitat so I can get this fool out of my GD nest. Glad I saved up toget a second nest a while ago, comes in handy.

StarCrossOne
04-06-13, 06:42 PM
I can afford the habitat but can't seem to get the dragon... :(

The_Sicilian
04-07-13, 11:11 AM
I can afford the habitat but can't seem to get the dragon... :(

See, money CAN'T buy everything. Lol, ........... Go ahead, someone mention the gold.

DragonTan1
04-07-13, 11:17 AM
See, money CAN'T buy everything. Lol, ........... Go ahead, someone mention the gold.

You can with gold! ;)