PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of having epic dragons?

elwood99
03-28-13, 08:40 AM
I dont understand the point of having epic dragons. Even with the boost of golden dawn tree is it really worth it? The cost of food is enormous

Players like me who checks in every 3-4 hour i suspect might lose coins taking dragons to epic.

RotomGuy
03-28-13, 08:48 AM
For some dragons, it only costs 10,000 overall to get a dragon to Epic and the income is good. Now, I only get my favourite dragons to epic, and any other dragon to adult, or leave them at juvenile.

elwood99
03-28-13, 08:54 AM
The point is although the income is good the capacity of the habitats limits the benefits. One can fill up to the max coin n then what? If a person checks in every 4 hourly there is really no benefit of epic dragons as all your habitats will be maxed by then

elwood99
03-28-13, 08:57 AM
I meant every 4 hourly all the habitats will maxed out even if your dragons are at lvl 4

wildhearts20
03-28-13, 11:28 AM
I usually keep my dragons at the age I like the look the best

riisak
03-28-13, 12:14 PM
I do it for breeding. You supposedly have better odds with epic dragons. I've noticed epic, and lvls 4 and 6 are good breeding levels. c:

Honestly though I've been putting it off, because I prefer the way the baby dragons look. So cute!! But if you want hardcore looking dragons... then you will have to make them epic.
It also makes a huge difference on your silver income. I had left my dragons at level one, but after I fed everyone up to 3-4 my daily income doubled - which is incredible helpful when you are just starting out.

It really comes down to your preference I guess.

elwood99
03-28-13, 12:21 PM
The increase in income for dragons at lvl 6 outweighs the cost that is not the point of this thread. this is about Whether to get dragons to epic? I dont think so unless the player is able to check in every 30-45 mins, i think

yeelela
03-28-13, 01:15 PM
I check out coins/hrs in the album and I raise those dragons to epic that give me most money/hrs first... Big differences between dragons

DragonTan1
03-28-13, 02:20 PM
I check out coins/hrs in the album and I raise those dragons to epic that give me most money/hrs first... Big differences between dragons

Yeah I do that too. I want all my dragons at max level, extra thing to do in DS.

cuzicouldyay
03-28-13, 02:39 PM
For the most part, I'd say raising dragons to epic form is a personal preference thing. I'm at level 71 and have the habitat boosts for just red, yellow, and green habitats. I think the next dragon I'll raise to epic is a dream dragon because it's closest. I'm in no rush to reach epic, and feeding young dragons so I can evolve them to level 4 is my highest priority at this point. If one has the food for it though, why not raise a dragon up to epic? It's sort of like another goal, if one chooses to accept it. ;)

Just do whatever seems the most fun to you. :)

The_Sicilian
03-28-13, 04:14 PM
Don't forget that the basics, up to white, habitats increases your amounts the habitats hold if you achieve 10 epics of those colors.

DragonTan1
03-28-13, 04:25 PM
Don't forget that the basics, up to white, habitats increases your amounts the habitats hold if you achieve 10 epics of those colors.

I just got them goals, how much more coins can the habitats hold?

kwhales
03-28-13, 04:51 PM
I just got them goals, how much more coins can the habitats hold?

A large one, 7200 coins. A small, no idea, I only have large, but I think under the game guide it lists it.

DragonTan1
03-28-13, 05:41 PM
A large one, 7200 coins. A small, no idea, I only have large, but I think under the game guide it lists it.

Nice, I wasn't expecting that much. I'll check the guide for more info, thanks.

kurebiz
03-28-13, 07:04 PM

7200 is the unboosted amount right?

DragonTan1
03-28-13, 08:15 PM
7200 is the unboosted amount right?

Name. Cost. Dragons. Coin Capacity

Red Rocks. 200c. 2. 250
Big Red Rocks. 5000c. 3. 2500
Green Grove. 500c. 2. 1000
Big Green Grove. 7500c. 3. 3200
Yellow Plateau. 1000c. 2. 800
Big Yellow Plateau. 30000c. 3. 2900
Blue Lagoon. 5000c. 2. 1900
Big Blue Lagoon. 20000c. 3. 3600
Purple Gardens. 8000c. 1. 3000
Big Purple Gardens. 60000c. 3. 5000
White Meadow. 120000c. 1. 3400
Big White Meadow. 360000. 3. 7200

J85909266
03-28-13, 08:38 PM
Umm, it's basic status and progression. You want epic dragons because they are the highest level of play.

rosewaterlily
03-28-13, 11:13 PM
You get 8640 coin capacity in the large white habitat with the garden of light boost, which means it holds more coins than the large black or large pink fields that have no boost. I haven't epic-ed any of my dragons since I finished all five boosts. Maybe I'll get to my diamond and hybrids some day... but right now my evolution temple is always busy evolving to trade for gems. If I ever have enough gems for all the gemstone dragons (including the unreleased ones) maybe I'll have time to evolve dragons up to epic again.

davewin
03-29-13, 09:56 AM
I have my phone on me pretty much all day so I can check my game constantly to clear up the money. More money = more food.

SamKanj
03-29-13, 10:13 AM
I raised a lot of my dragons to epic form because I wanted to achieve the dawn goals (boosts). But after achieving each and every goal I stopped evolving all my dragons to epic, I evolve my dragons to the level that I find the most beautiful.
Moreover, my temple is always busy; trading.

MazReptile
03-29-13, 11:10 AM
I have all basic coloured dragons at epic and only 5 lights at epic. Once they rose the good cost I have up having all my dragons at epic, now I get them to at least level 7 and raise them all slowly til they eventually enough to evolve to epic and that's only the lights to get the last boost, as 3 coloured, pinks and blacks are expensive to feed and now we have a new set of dragons :/

annbluebird
03-30-13, 03:37 AM
Epic => monde coins that s why I evolve them.

annbluebird
03-30-13, 03:38 AM
Epic => monde coins that s why I evolve them.

** more (not monde)

Delforce
03-30-13, 04:26 AM
When going for the new dawn thingies, evolving a 3 coloured counts for each color. I did mainly 2 and 3 coloured dragons to reach the goals faster :)

singhapoorv
03-30-13, 05:00 AM
I dont understand the point of having epic dragons. Even with the boost of golden dawn tree is it really worth it? The cost of food is enormous

Players like me who checks in every 3-4 hour i suspect might lose coins taking dragons to epic.

The epic form looks cool and matured.

ganodustin
03-30-13, 08:45 AM
Epic dragons make the most coins within the same time

lollipop_rp
03-30-13, 08:48 AM
First, I bring all dragons to lvl 4 at least, so I can use them for quests, trading, breeding, etc.
Then, if there is a sweepstakes the dragon in the contests gets up to level ten. Soemtimes I don't have enough food so it stays at about lvl 8 or 9. If I like the dragon ALOT I still would not level it up cuz if food constrains. BTW, this is on my other account

ganodustin
03-30-13, 08:49 AM
I have all basic coloured dragons at epic and only 5 lights at epic. Once they rose the good cost I have up having all my dragons at epic, now I get them to at least level 7 and raise them all slowly til they eventually enough to evolve to epic and that's only the lights to get the last boost, as 3 coloured, pinks and blacks are expensive to feed and now we have a new set of dragons :/

I just don't care much. I evolve every dragon I got at least one of each kind. epic dragons are worth having.

The_Sicilian
03-31-13, 03:57 PM
I raised a lot of my dragons to epic form because I wanted to achieve the dawn goals (boosts). But after achieving each and every goal I stopped evolving all my dragons to epic, I evolve my dragons to the level that I find the most beautiful.
Moreover, my temple is always busy; trading.
Good example of playing the game the way it makes you most happy. Just go with your mood for Christ sake, if you a ll of a sudden feel like epic'ing out your white habitat, the by all means go for it, and be patient, it will come. But if in the middle of epic'ing you all of a sudden feel. Like trading some gems, then do that! I switch around sometimes too, then I tap out and get on with real life and when I come back, sometimes days later, I even forget what I was trying for and just go with the mood I'm in at the time. It's a game, have fun and save your money for important stuff.

lightling21
03-31-13, 04:33 PM
They say that your chance of getting rare dragons to increase is to get the epic evolution for your dragons.

MazReptile
03-31-13, 05:04 PM
They say that your chance of getting rare dragons to increase is to get the epic evolution for your dragons.

Apparently level doesn't matter

sapphirecross
04-01-13, 02:56 AM
I don't find that to be true - I have better luck breeding lower level dragons. Though I have an epic seabreeze in den now cuz it's my only one and I wanted to pair it with mirage for a last try at fireworks. 20 hour breed time. Mirage is level 6. Tried pairing it with other lower stuff and got mist dragons. But I have much better luck with rarer dragons at any level.
Far as OP - I only log every few hours, long enough for the pumpwings to be ready. :) I have dragons stacked to the rafters waiting to evolve to trade. Lots of low level stuff - the epics help offset the low gold of all the duplicate level 3s. And I get maybe 3k or so more, when I eventually do check in, which I think does add up, but I don't have trouble with food either - doing mostly trading and evolving to level 3, even pumpwings food adds up.

sapphirecross
04-01-13, 03:19 AM
Had to go look - large green boosted habitat 3840 and large boosted air 3480, I have 6 of each. So yeah, more than I thought I was getting, now I do the math, from the difference between boosted and regular. I think it's worth it, adds up. Though, yeah, not an earth shattering difference. :) Really the big thing is all the trading for me, I end up with over 10k food regularly, so if I wasn't trading, would be different. But I think it's worth it getting the starter color dragons and hybrids to epic.

sapphirecross
04-01-13, 04:12 AM
I had to go do the math lol. This is probably listed somewhere in a thread, but the boost I'm getting is 1/5th the total of a large habitat, so the break even point is after 5. If you have less than 5 large habitats you lose money getting the boost building instead of another large habitat, unless you're capped for habitats. Once you have 5, there's no difference between getting another habitat or the boost building. If you have 6 or more, you are losing money if you don't have boost building.
Someone pls correct me if that's wrong. :)

I log in about 2-3 times per day. With 6 large green and yellow habitats, boosted, I get enough extra that it's like collecting coins one extra time per week. I have only 3 red habitats, never bought the boost building, and it looks like I'd lose money buying it, at least before I get to habitat cap.

elwood99
04-01-13, 08:00 AM
The maths gets too complicated for my simple brain. It depends on 1) how often ones check in 2) which type of habitats 3) how many dragons per habitats and so on.

For now I will stick with my small farms n lvl 6 dragons (except maybe light, pink dragons to lvl 9 as long as i fill the habitats every 3 hrs). I have over 30 million coins doing this.