PDA

View Full Version : Taking The Fun Out Of The Game Now

UberSkillz
03-27-13, 07:43 PM
I feel totally *****ed out of money here, the past few months i spent a fortune in gold like over ?200 GPB on this game to get what a few rare little dragons ?

I swear this game is so fixed towards making you want to spend more to give team lava more money.

I feel its totally unfair and refuse to spend anymore cash on it at all. Its totally taken the fun out of playing this for me because of the greed from the devs i mean come on guys you know probably 80% of your players to this game are children and there is no way to gain the ultra rares without playing this game for years... yes years without spending any gold wheres the fun in that ? The whole point of a game is that its fun and i just don't see it anymore.

sweetstuff525
03-27-13, 07:54 PM
It's all about luck

I've spent 0 cash I think and have 83/103 dragons so it's possible you just need patience

UberSkillz
03-27-13, 08:02 PM
Maybe you get better luck if you have 0 gold :) ok i'll try your tactic plus i refuse to line the pockets of team lava with anymore of my cash because its so fixed at getting that gold off you as fast as possible so you want to buy more. Will resist temptation.

midnightmeerkat
03-27-13, 08:14 PM
I like that things take awhile to happen.... If you got all the dragons easily there would be nothing else to do in the game.... I like to have goals to aim for and having the satisfaction of finally getting a dragon after trying.... And trying..... I know it can get frustrating at times and there is the temptation to buy gold....... i have bought some gold and am quite happy about it. Overall teamlava have done a good job with their games and I am happy to buy some gold to help with development of their games..... If things get too frustrating I chill out and play one of the other games.

UberSkillz
03-28-13, 02:05 AM
Sorry midnight i do not agree

New dragons every few days for events to win gold, when you try to get them you spend more gold trying to win a dragon more than the dragon is worth and also it still does not come out, you got more chance of getting an ultra rare than the event dragon. Plus just the fact of having dragons every few days means we are playing catch up massive amounts its almost impossible to complete the game without having to spend massive amounts of cash on it.

drevo77
03-28-13, 02:25 AM
I feel totally *****ed out of money here, the past few months i spent a fortune in gold like over ?200 GPB on this game to get what a few rare little dragons ?

I swear this game is so fixed towards making you want to spend more to give team lava more money.

I feel its totally unfair and refuse to spend anymore cash on it at all. Its totally taken the fun out of playing this for me because of the greed from the devs i mean come on guys you know probably 80% of your players to this game are children and there is no way to gain the ultra rares without playing this game for years... yes years without spending any gold wheres the fun in that ? The whole point of a game is that its fun and i just don't see it anymore.
200 pounds??? wow thats a fortune to spend on a game. I thought I was bad think i have spent 50 pounds over the months in moments of madness

UberSkillz
03-28-13, 02:30 AM
Yep you can see why i think its a rip off and how i think its fixed. For that price id expect every dragon available.

kurebiz
03-28-13, 02:31 AM
ultimately, I think its about knowing when to stop buying gold, this is a game based on luck. I recently bred the illusion dragon (1st try) and the mask dragon (2nd try). Non-gold buyer here, the only gold I get is from installation of other TL games, neighbours and quests. i'm on android, so no lucky wheel spin or quest output to get gold either. I don't think this is a game that is meant to be complete. else people will be very bored, thats why they made it harder with the splitting of colours.

midnightmeerkat
03-28-13, 03:16 AM
Sorry midnight i do not agree

New dragons every few days for events to win gold, when you try to get them you spend more gold trying to win a dragon more than the dragon is worth and also it still does not come out, you got more chance of getting an ultra rare than the event dragon. Plus just the fact of having dragons every few days means we are playing catch up massive amounts its almost impossible to complete the game without having to spend massive amounts of cash on it.

Everybody has different ways of playing the game .... For me I like the game and will keep on playing it while I'm enjoying it.......if it causes you frustration maybe it's not the game for you.

You do not need to enter the sweepstakes, it is a choice. You do not need to get every dragon now or ever...... It seems to me that it is not a game that you need to complete. You can choose to try to get every dragon in the game if you want to but basically it is a game to play how you wish to play it.

UberSkillz
03-28-13, 03:54 AM
I can see your point midnight but whats the fun if you do spend money on this you should expect some sort of return from spending it should be an initiative to spend some more but when you get sweet nothings in return its kinda off putting you know ? So you go spend some more cash get some more gold and sweet nothing again so yeah it does take the fun out of it for me esp when breeding a rare dragon should be quite easy to get and around 150 breeds later you get nothing, iv had more ultra rares in less time so yeah im beginning to think the game just don't like me or its sorta programmed to know when your spending gold to keep making you waste it to make you buy more. Im gona go with you guys on this one and try the no gold approach and see what happens as i do refuse spending anymore money on this game at all and if your having better luck without gold well im beginning to believe my theory maybe right we will see. I'd love statistics on this one.

midnightmeerkat
03-28-13, 04:20 AM
I also see your point.... It is not fun to spend money and feel that you havent received anything for it but it is up to us to decide whether what tl is offering is value for us or not... I got the spin the wheel for 6 days and on the 2nd day got carried away and bought 500 gold spending 10 gold per spin but decided to stop after a while because i was only getting maps, lotus blossoms, coins, food --- I don't blame TL for making me spend that money it was my choice, it's not their fault I didn't get the 1000 gold........ It was a gamble that did not pay. So, for a while no buying gold for me! I will eke out my few remaining gold bars very miserly for a while.

hamadrys
03-28-13, 04:34 AM
You know, I always wondered if the chances of breeding a new dragon are set lower at the very beginning... Then as time passes and people move to another one, another contest, the chances are back to normal.

accisse
03-28-13, 04:35 AM
I agree that it's a game you play and enjoy your way. I suppose some people are the sort who enjoy chasing after the newest dragon and trying to enter the most recent sweepstake. Some like to splurge a little cash in order to do that, but that's not for me. I'd just like to collect all the dragons if I'm lucky enough. If not, oh well.

After playing for some time I chose not to care about time-limited goals and sweepstakes for the newest dragons. I used to care but stopped ever since valentines when I couldn't get a passion dragon in time to complete the rose arch goal. It taught me that the game is really just based on luck and it didn't matter how many breedings I tried to squeeze in by spending more gold than usual, I still didn't get it.

Somehow breeding has become harder for me since Feb, so now I breed what I want to get, especially those which seem likely to become limited dragons and removed in future. I will be disappointed if I don't get them before they're gone, but at the same time I'm not willing to shell out money in a gamble to get them. No offense, I just don't want what happened to you to happen to me! As you mentioned, those goals and sweepstakes are just a way to entice players to spend more money. I say, just play and try to get some fun out of it. There's no need to go with the flow and stress yourself out over a game!

kurebiz
03-28-13, 04:52 AM
You know, I always wondered if the chances of breeding a new dragon are set lower at the very beginning... Then as time passes and people move to another one, another contest, the chances are back to normal.

Not entirely sure of this, I'm on android and just got the pinks a few months ago compared to iOS in dec. Still not getting some of them easily!

accisse
03-28-13, 04:58 AM
As for me, I'm still missing passion, rose and chocolate from valentines, which people should have moved on from by now. Still not getting any...

jovanisto
03-28-13, 05:24 AM
It's all about patience and luck ! I have spent 0 (zero) cash on the game so far. I am level 94 with 74 dragons - no diamond ! I have about 450 gold now, from goals, neighbors gifts etc. i have spent some on a second nest and some deco when they were not craftable... But i don't accelerate, and i don't buy dragons. Where would be the fun if tou got everything at the first or second try ? It took me 6 weeks total of trying constantly to get an elf. Then 3 weeks of trying for passion with no luck and 2 weeks for cupid with also no luck. I made a pause and got a few other dragons (night, bat, four leaf etc) and yesterday i got a cupid hatched and today i have a passion in the den and i'm elated ! The rewards of trying and waiting and finally succeeding. Try it :) again you don't have to spend a dime. But you do have to change your mind set !

jovanisto
03-28-13, 05:29 AM
I have 2 theories on the chances :
- first theory, there is only a pool of a certain number of rare, super rare and extra rare per min/hour/day. Once the pool is empty, you only get common. So the more people try at the same time, the lower your odds of getting a rare, super rare or extra rare. It worked for me : no luck at cupid or passion in 5 weeks time when there were goals / sweepstakes for them and a lot of people were trying. Then bam, a cupid and a passion in 2 days interval, with only 4 tries, while everybody tries to get a mask or an easter...
- once you get a rare, super or extra rare, they are rare for you any more. For instance it took me AGEs to get a wizard or a titan, and now i'm getting em all the time !

These are my theories about the odds...

UberSkillz
03-28-13, 05:41 AM
I have 2 theories on the chances :
- first theory, there is only a pool of a certain number of rare, super rare and extra rare per min/hour/day. Once the pool is empty, you only get common. So the more people try at the same time, the lower your odds of getting a rare, super rare or extra rare. It worked for me : no luck at cupid or passion in 5 weeks time when there were goals / sweepstakes for them and a lot of people were trying. Then bam, a cupid and a passion in 2 days interval, with only 4 tries, while everybody tries to get a mask or an easter...
- once you get a rare, super or extra rare, they are rare for you any more. For instance it took me AGEs to get a wizard or a titan, and now i'm getting em all the time !

This makes sense to me thanks for that information, this will really make me want to stop spending gold and just try as regular when the event dragons go off or after the new ones have been released :)

xoam0re
03-28-13, 05:51 AM

I especially agree with this theory.. it took me months, and months, and months to get a titan... i've gotten up to 5 in a row now.

jovanisto
03-28-13, 07:35 AM
And of course everyone understood i meant they are NOT rare for you any more ;)

The_Sicilian
03-28-13, 07:54 AM

Lol, ever hear the phrase : "A Fool and his Money are Soon Parted"? Just think what you could have spent that money on,lmao, as I have said in the past on here, you could have bought an iPad or iPod with the money you wasted on a game that leaves you with nothing to show in the real world. I find it hilarious but sad when I see the droid users with this same complaint (anyone else see the irony?) So don't whine or get upset at team lava, they're doing their jobs effectively in your case. You love the game so much you're willing to pay them for it, which helps them keep the games prosperous and profitable. It's just business, you really can't get upset at them.

annbluebird
03-28-13, 08:40 AM
As you know
virtual games are all based on the same desire to possess. they create a need, a desire, a concurrency between players and it works. The value of a game to its creators, is still to earn money. virtual gambling is never a non-profit organization. I also indulged in a bit of gold in my early days, I so wanted this one and then the other and .. oooh this one is so cute!
And finally I calmed down, I took the time, if I have one I d like it s great, if not it doesnt matter. it is very difficult to resist at first. it is a habit to have, especially when you know that you could give that money to help your children or to buy a liter of milk (or else or give it to someone in need) .. Good luck, we are the "game addicts" like the AAA ^ ^ we need a withdrawal or a detox!

elwood99
03-28-13, 08:50 AM
My advice to all new players, because of the speed in which new dragons keeps coming out, n the difficulty of getting those super rares and ultras plus the LE time, the game is design in such a way that you will not get all the dragons (unless you want to buy them). Once you realised this, take it easy n just keep breeding. Sometimes you will have those dragons that none of your nbrs have n vice versa.

UberSkillz
03-28-13, 10:32 AM
Lol, ever hear the phrase : "A Fool and his Money are Soon Parted"? Just think what you could have spent that money on,lmao, as I have said in the past on here, you could have bought an iPad or iPod with the money you wasted on a game that leaves you with nothing to show in the real world. I find it hilarious but sad when I see the droid users with this same complaint (anyone else see the irony?) So don't whine or get upset at team lava, they're doing their jobs effectively in your case. You love the game so much you're willing to pay them for it, which helps them keep the games prosperous and profitable. It's just business, you really can't get upset at them.

Hmm i am on ipad and i got money to burn but just think this game gets pathetic so please no need to cry for me or feel sad.

FridayFreckled
03-28-13, 10:49 AM
This! I'm level 94 with no diamond too. It's OK, I'm just playing for the fun of it -- and there are plenty of other dragons for me to try for and to get up to epic. One at a time, and every once in a while I throw a couple of potential diamond-making dragons in there just for kicks. OF COURSE TL wants people to spend and spend and OF COURSE it's designed to make people want to do so. This is a business for them, not an entitlement to players. I've had plenty of free entertainment out of it, and am plenty patient to keep on working towards the dragons I don't have. :)

It's all about patience and luck ! I have spent 0 (zero) cash on the game so far. I am level 94 with 74 dragons - no diamond ! I have about 450 gold now, from goals, neighbors gifts etc. i have spent some on a second nest and some deco when they were not craftable... But i don't accelerate, and i don't buy dragons. Where would be the fun if tou got everything at the first or second try ? It took me 6 weeks total of trying constantly to get an elf. Then 3 weeks of trying for passion with no luck and 2 weeks for cupid with also no luck. I made a pause and got a few other dragons (night, bat, four leaf etc) and yesterday i got a cupid hatched and today i have a passion in the den and i'm elated ! The rewards of trying and waiting and finally succeeding. Try it :) again you don't have to spend a dime. But you do have to change your mind set !

riisak
03-28-13, 12:17 PM
The whole concept of Fremium games is that you /can/ achieve the pay features for free, but it is going to take a whole heck of a lot of work.

I've been playing the game for several months now and I don't really agree with what you are saying. There hasn't been a shift towards paying, I think that is just your own natural urge because when you get really high up and have most of the dragons, waiting to breed the dragons you don't have can feel really, really unreasonable. Whereas when you are low level everything you breed is something you don't have yet, so it's still exciting and feels like you don't have to work hard to get what you want.

The_Sicilian
03-28-13, 01:56 PM
Hmm i am on ipad and i got money to burn but just think this game gets pathetic so please no need to cry for me or feel sad.

So then it's back to the age old quote in my first sentence. It's interesting to hear about the ones who have money to burn, and what they "burn" it on, thanks for sharing.

itzjulezzz
03-28-13, 02:38 PM
the only thing that makes me turn into The Hulk here & smash through my walls & throw cars is, another breeding breakdown, Titan is about to be really common. brutal.

salinho
03-28-13, 02:44 PM
So then it's back to the age old quote in my first sentence. It's interesting to hear about the ones who have money to burn, and what they "burn" it on, thanks for sharing.

Agreed. Oh well. People indulge in what they like. I'm a sucker for jewelry, for example. :p not that I have a lot of money to spare though...lol.

nky1111
03-28-13, 03:23 PM
it's kinda "new-fashioned" business.. well, we live in a world where 90% of money are made out of thin air with no product whatsoever behind them...

The_Sicilian
03-28-13, 04:08 PM
Agreed. Oh well. People indulge in what they like. I'm a sucker for jewelry, for example. :p not that I have a lot of money to spare though...lol.

Lol, now that's something so many lovely ladies would agree with for sure!