PDA

View Full Version : How do people know when they've been deleted?

lilycarol
03-27-13, 02:26 PM
I keep track of who actually comes to my bakery, who just gifts, who makes requests and who does nothing. I started doing that out of curiosity when it occured to me that I was gifting/tipping every day and not seeing a lot of return. This has worked out great and I make sure to give people plenty of space in case of unforseen circumstances. Well, I had a neighbor who hadn't gifted or tipped in two weeks, so I deleted her. Within two hours I suddenly had 3 tips from her! No note on my wall, just an automatic notice on my "news" page. Was she just being rude? I want to know how she suddenly knew she had been deleted. It couldn't have been that she was trying to tip me because she hadn't dropped by in two weeks. Just curious. Thanks for your comments.

Baraze
03-27-13, 02:40 PM
If you posted on her wall she would still have the message there, whether you are neighbors or not.

If you share a neighbor, she could have seen your name and clicked on it, not knowing if you are still neighbors or not.

If she doesnr get many tips, she could have seen your name on the news section. On one game I dont have many neighbors, so events from days ago would still be there.

I had a neighbor who deleted me because i was gone for ONE week and went down to two or zero stars. We had been neighbors for a while, so when I saw her name while tipping a mutual neighbor, I was surprised when I saw I could only give three tips. I laughed, said oh well and kept it moving.

A tip given is a star gained, so I doubt she was being rude. Ive come across former neighbors all the time, I tip like I would anyone else. There is no protocol for such things.

sugarmilkppm
03-27-13, 05:19 PM
A similar thing happened to me too where I saw a mutual neighbor on my neighbor's wall, clicked on the mutual neighbor and was surprised I could only leave 3 tips. We had been neighbors for 6 mo, visiting & gifting religiously, I went AWOL for 4 whole days and got deleted. I lol'd and moved on; I don't mourn the loss of robotic neighbors that don't share a bit of their human element every once in a while. I see this former neighbor of mine everyday on a bunch of my neighbors' walls with her impersonal one letter messages or her caps-lock reminder for PARTS and I'm glad I'm not good enough for her lol.

hamadrys
03-27-13, 05:26 PM
If you delete someone, does the name of your bakery stays in their neighbors' list or does it disappear ?

kooky panda
03-27-13, 06:31 PM
If you delete someone, does the name of your bakery stays in their neighbors' list or does it disappear ?
If you delete someone, you will no longer be in their list.

MarySugar
03-28-13, 05:48 PM
Bakery Story is a game and people play it as such. If no one is at the baseball field, you leave. That's why you get deleted. Some just delete faster than others.