PDA

View Full Version : Thurston is useless

Cmdr_Keen
03-27-13, 02:22 PM
Hi. I'm new but I've got to say this.

Almost all of my loyal inhabitants pull their weight in my kingdom. Old Thomas does the research and science stuff. Ivy makes potions and purple cows and cooks.

But Thruston? He's a knight right? I felt pretty sorry for him when I found him. Cold and naked in the forest. So I give him food and I go to all the trouble of finding his stuff or making new ones. That's when it started...

He asks me to fish up his helmet. I even build a special hook to get it out of the pond he dropped it in. Fine. But he never wears the thing! He's always walking around without it. All that for something he didn't want in the first place?
Then I had to pay for his food. Did he ever pay me back? No...

And he wants a house. A big one, with a nasty looking balista on top. And 60 (count them, 60) guards for the walls. Fine. Does he fight the Troll king? Ofcourse not. I have to do that myself.
Skuncupine enters the kingdom and who has to kick it out? Me. I have a knight and 60 guards who are too scared to get rid of something the size of a cat. But he'll sing or do ballet at the theater. My hero...

Can I sell him back to Pfeffernot?

maguar
03-27-13, 03:02 PM
Thurston's fort occasionally gives long swords when you collect from it. Also you need to collect from it to get the bling quest which is the start of the alicorn quest line. So while he may be cowardly be does have some uses.

Cesar49
03-27-13, 04:47 PM
My partner often looks over my shoulder while I'm playing and says "who are those characters just wandering around?" and "aren't they rather useless?". Um ..... Yes, on the whole. It would be lovely if we could have some adventures and targets for the other characters more frequently than at present.

SweetySama
03-28-13, 04:10 AM
I would think it would be cool, if we banish a beast troll or whatever, that it will be thurston doing it and not my own "ruler" character. And ivy could help gathering the planted wheat and carrots and such.

cloudsail
03-28-13, 08:34 AM
No kidding, and on top of it all he has a drinking problem!

cymoril69
03-28-13, 09:13 AM
I think TL has plans to release an 'AA' facility/building for Thurston........but that's an update slated for 2014! LMAO!! So funny. :-)

tipsister
03-28-13, 10:13 AM
I've been wondering why I'm doing all the work and Thurston is supposed to be some brave knight. I had to battle the Troll King all by myself this morning. And Ivy wants me to make him some bling? I'll do it but I don't want to.