PDA

View Full Version : Shellside City- levels 109 - 114

omniBliss
03-26-13, 04:38 PM
Anybody have any ideas or a strategy for level 112???

These new jewels are really challenging, I've tried at least 20 times and I can't get/remove the 4 ice tiles in the middle at the bottom.

omniBliss
03-26-13, 06:24 PM
Isn't this crazy... So I FINALLY found a way to get those pesky stone like jewels out of the way and remove the ice tiles from the bottom-middle but, I still had one to get at the top right... But only one move left. Grrrr! Lol

The only thing that's getting me this far on this level 112 is when there's no more matches and the board automatically scrambles.

Hopefully someone can help with a strategy... :confused:

omniBliss
03-27-13, 09:42 AM
So I passed level 112...

To help you, My advice is work from the top down. First, Turn the top stone-like jewels into special jewels like a laser or bombs then, work on the bottom stone jewels;that way there's not a lot of stone jewels cluttering the way to clear the ice tiles. When you get to the bottom stone jewels, you can move them around and turn them in to special jewels to clear the stage. As you are focusing on those to tasks all of the other ice tiles will more or less be cleared on the way.

Now on to level 113 - the squares at the bottom left and right always seem to get cluttered with stone jewels before i can clear the ice tiles.

anyone with advice pleeeeease post. :-)

thesacredphoenix
03-28-13, 01:18 AM
Man, I've spent about 20 tries so far on Level 109 and am having a heck of a time getting the two Metal jewels out of the bottom corners. They're really challenging, and I imagine will make some people stop playing =P

OpeningCeremony
03-29-13, 02:12 PM
yea these stone/metal jewels are making my head explode. ouchie

OpeningCeremony
03-30-13, 01:34 AM
Ok somehow after getting past 109 and 110, I just cruised through the rest of the levels... Now I'm stuck on the next island level 115.

maian30
03-31-13, 07:08 PM
I'm stuck on 107...the ones that give people trouble I passed quickly like 105 or 106 and then the supposedly easy ones take me fooooooorever. I think it's really a matter of luck on the timed ones to an extent. I'm more into the ones with moves as it requires more s**** in Using your moves wisely.

pastasplace
04-20-13, 12:01 AM
Level 112 is a real challenge! I'm struggling with the concept that there's no benefit to using bombs blasters or magic diamonds with regard to the glass under the metal ones. Also that I can't combine 4 like coloured metal ones to turn it into a blaster and hence clear them. At least one of the jewels has to be a normal one...

I too am depending on the board being reshuffled to make any progress, and that doesn't feel like it should be regarded as a valid "tactic" in the game...

lauraaayy
04-24-13, 09:39 AM
i really need help with passing level 114...its driving me crazy since days!!!
how are you supposed to break the glasses in the bottom two lines? ive had diamonds, ive had blasters..nothing really helped. i even combined diamonds and blasters/bombs several times in different attempts, but still couldnt get through. 29/32 was the best ive achieved...anyone any ideas/useful tips on the level?

Phaedrakiki
05-04-13, 04:22 PM
Cool, a new feature! 109 has 52 glass squares to clear in 59 moves. There are some crates at the bottom, and 2 new "Unbreakable" jewels, that can't be cleared unless you combine them into a special jewel (4-, 5-jewel matches.) Neither diamonds, blasters, bombs nor combinations will get 'em (I tried, lol.) That was fun, got lucky & passed 1st time. Next levels timed, though, so we'll see how "fun" unbreakables are under pressure, lol!

Phaedrakiki
05-04-13, 04:49 PM
110 has 64 glass with wooden crates/ice at the bottom...8 unbreakable gems (2 colors) trapped inside. 2:04 on timer (random!) I keep forgetting how to clear the stone/metal unbreakables, but I suppose I'll get used to it. These new gems are tough cuz you can make regular 3-matches with 'em, they just don't disappear (and then you've lost the colored gems you needed to clear the darn thing!)

Hope I don't get stuck here long...

Phaedrakiki
05-05-13, 01:32 AM
Cool, a new feature! (...)
That was fun, (...110's...) timed, though, so we'll see how "fun" unbreakables are under pressure, lol!

Uggh, not fun at all! Level 110 was harder than I thought...considering no one here mentioned it. Just me? Actually, I think I was worrying too much about the unbreakables, when I needed to focus on the glass. One time I had 4 or 5 diamonds, but kept trying to clear the new jewels, & forgot the glass (which is the goal, duh!) The diamond combos almost cleared it all, but I lost focus, lol. Wish I could've "re-done" that turn!

Anyway, finally got it w/just one star. I'll go back once I get a better handle on the new jewels. Whew, I was worried I'd be stuck there... I hate timed levels! And unfortunately, 111's timed, too. Don't know anything else other than it's glass. Gotta wait for energy recharge...

No real "strategy" I used for 110. Just move fast, keep pounding those crates to get to glass underneath, make lots of special jewels and combos, and clear at least some of the unbreakable jewels. Focus mostly on the bottom; the upper part of the board will mostly take care of itself as jewels fall in from crate-clearing & the rest. It helps to also start with a layout that has flat, horizontal matches touching the crates as first moves...

Phaedrakiki
05-05-13, 02:10 AM
Uggh, not fun (...) (111...) other than it's glass. (...)

Whoops, 111 is a 6-level digging level, not glass! 2:40 on timer, with the new unbreakable jewels imbedded in dirt. 6 levels isn't far, but man, these new jewels are insane! How they work is tough to get your head around, & affects digging. I gotta get used to these...:confused:

Anyone have any tips/tricks?

Phaedrakiki
05-05-13, 04:10 PM
OMG--I'm so stupid with these new unbreakable jewels! Help!

Phaedrakiki
05-05-13, 09:57 PM
Passed 111, thank goodness! Got two diamonds & swapped 'em, or I'd still be stuck. Then I (barely) managed to keep my head to clear a few new jewels & other matches to finish digging. So, luck, lol...I also made sure to start each time with a flat match (or two vertical) against the dirt to get a head start, cuz once you hit the unbreakables it's hard to get anywhere digging. They block progress unless you can find a 4-jewel match--I can only hope I'll get better/faster with these things!

112 is tough: 59 moves to clear 64 glass tiles. With ice blocks, new unbreakable jewels (stone/metal as some call them,) and wooden walls separating the board into a left, right, & middle area. Definitely makes it more difficult. For right now, I'm just happy I'm here & it's not timed...! :D I'm using the advice posted earlier in the thread, & I'm getting close (once only one glass left at bottom, once 2 glass!) Fun, challenging level! :D

Phaedrakiki
05-06-13, 03:22 AM
Passed 112! Those new jewels are tough to get rid of...not that they have to be cleared necessarily, but you have to get 'em out of the way to break the glass. It's so weird blasting them/bombing them, etc. & they don't budge! If you're careful with each move, you can get close on 112. A little luck with your layout will do the rest, haha. Others posted about relying on reshuffling to do well, but that never happened to me. Maybe they changed something? Anyway, movin' on...yippee!

113 is digging--11-levels in 59 moves. Unbreakable jewels imbedded in the dirt again, but with cutout "windows" down the center this time. Fun level, passed it first time. Restarted level til I got good matches to start with against the dirt, then did the usual special jewels/combos thing to dig fast. Unbreakable jewels are much easier (and fun!) for me without a timer, lol.

114 is glass (64) in an odd shape. A row of unbreakable gems at the top w/ice row underneath, then regular gems. Then it narrows to the middle, just 1 or 2 gems wide in the 2nd- & 3rd-to-last rows, widening again at the bottom. This makes the left & right at the bottom really hard to get to. If the new jewels get down there--I had 2 fall--impossible! I had all the glass cleared but under the 2 unbreakables (same color, even!) And like 30-something moves left, but couldn't move them to get to the glass. Crazy! No energy now, but I definitely want to try that again!

Phaedrakiki
05-06-13, 03:50 AM
Got 1 energy so played 114 one more time--same thing. I was more careful this time. Tried not to work the bottom at all until I'd cleared the unbreakables, but some blasters went off & down they fell... You get 59 moves, which is a lot, but I couldn't find a way to move em. Ah, well... Tomorrow!

If you have any tips on 114, please help! :confused:

Phaedrakiki
05-06-13, 04:31 AM
Aha! I just figured it out...clear the glass at the bottom before getting rid of the ice @top. The ice barrier will help keep the unbreakables from falling down until the glass is gone. After that, it doesn't matter how many are down there!

If only I had energy to test it... Think I'd better hit the sack instead, lol!

~~30 min. later~~
Haha, had another energy by the time I was ready for bed, so tried my theory above. I actually ended up clearing all the unbreakables but one, then started making special jewels & combos to clear the remaining glass. The 1 new jewel did fall, but luckily, glass in that spot already cleared! Only one star, though--I'll definitely revisit this. Fun!

So now, it's "Goodbye, Shellside City!"...and a "Hello" to the Iguana Fiesta (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48881-Iguana-Fiesta-levels-115-120) island!

Gardienn
05-07-13, 06:47 AM
Phaedrakiki, I think you're addicted. lol

(I'm on 111)

Gardienn
05-07-13, 07:36 AM
Got down to one special gem in the bottom right corner on 114 and couldn't get it. lol

Phaedrakiki
05-07-13, 02:54 PM
Phaedrakiki, I think you're addicted. lol

(I'm on 111)

I am! (Actually, I was, lol. When I get stuck on these timed levels--like 116 now, it's no fun!) You sure are speeding thru--when you said you were on my tail, I had a feeling you'd catch me! I'd say I'm on your tail, now...but I don't think so--not fast enough! You go, girl! (or boy, sorry!)

Gardienn
05-07-13, 06:10 PM
I am! (Actually, I was, lol. When I get stuck on these timed levels--like 116 now, it's no fun!) You sure are speeding thru--when you said you were on my tail, I had a feeling you'd catch me! I'd say I'm on your tail, now...but I don't think so--not fast enough! You go, girl! (or boy, sorry!)

lol

Just had a good day, I think. :)

Gardienn
05-07-13, 06:10 PM
We'll probably be playing tag throughout.

artlomin
05-22-13, 06:26 AM
110 seems like it should be easy, but I keep getting stuck with one or two glass squares under stone jewels. Maddening, but I'm still hopeful.

Phaedrakiki
08-18-13, 03:13 AM
So I passed level 112 (...) My advice is work from the top down. First, Turn the top stone-like jewels into special jewels (...) then, work on the bottom stone jewels;that way there's not a lot of stone jewels cluttering the way to clear the ice tiles. When you get to the bottom stone jewels, you can move them around and turn them in to special jewels to clear the stage. As you are focusing on those to tasks all of the other ice tiles will more or less be cleared on the way. (...)

Level 112 is a real challenge! I'm struggling with the concept that there's no benefit to using bombs blasters or magic diamonds with regard to the glass under the metal ones. Also that I can't combine 4 like coloured metal ones to turn it into a blaster and hence clear them. At least one of the jewels has to be a normal one (...)

(...) 112 is tough: 59 moves to clear 64 glass tiles. With ice blocks, new unbreakable jewels (stone/metal as some call them,) and wooden walls separating the board into a left, right, & middle area. Definitely makes it more difficult. (...) Fun, challenging level! :D

Passed 112! Those new jewels are tough to get rid of...not that they have to be cleared necessarily, but you have to get 'em out of the way to break the glass. (...) If you're careful with each move, you can get close on 112. A little luck with your layout will do the rest, haha. Others posted about relying on reshuffling to do well, but that never happened to me. Maybe they changed something? (...)

Level 112: 64 glass in 50 moves (5JC.) I just played this again to "up" my stars, so I thought I'd add a screenshot and consolidate the info about the level (so far.) Since I played the 1st time, they've reduced the moves by 9.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/b46777ea-1717-4ddb-b75b-67eab206fce2_zpsd17de191.jpg
OmniBliss's advice still works great...try to clear/convert the unbreakable/stone jewels at the top, otherwise they'll end up sitting at the bottom and you won't be able to break the glass. Once you've cleared some, then use your special jewels & combos, like blaster + bomb or diamond + blaster, for major glass-clearing. A couple of unbreakables at the bottom on glass aren't too much of a problem...you can sometimes move them to make another match (which breaks the glass.) But still, try to clear as many as you can before they get to the bottom. Don't waste moves, though, because if you do get a stone jewel in a hard-to-reach spot, it can sometimes take a lot of moves to clear or move it.

Another thing you can do is try to start the round with optimal moves. Like one that creates a special jewel, or clears 1 or more stone jewels, etc. Other good stuff to look for--matches opposite the ice/white blocks (across the wooden wall.) Esp. in your unbreakable/stone jewel colors, so the color-change process works in your favor to convert them. If you don't see any good/helpful moves when you start the level, hit pause, then the back arrow key to restart the level. It shouldn't take an energy if you don't touch any jewels.

Good luck, and enjoy! :D

Phaedrakiki
08-18-13, 06:42 PM
i really need help with passing level 114...its driving me crazy since days!!!
how are you supposed to break the glasses in the bottom two lines? ive had diamonds, ive had blasters..nothing really helped. i even combined diamonds and blasters/bombs several times in different attempts, but still couldnt get through. (...) anyone any ideas/useful tips on the level?

(...) 114 is glass (64) in an odd shape. A row of unbreakable gems at the top w/ice row underneath, then regular gems. Then it narrows to the middle, just 1 or 2 gems wide in the 2nd- & 3rd-to-last rows, widening again at the bottom. This makes the left & right at the bottom really hard to get to. If the new jewels get down there--I had 2 fall--impossible! I had all the glass cleared but under the 2 unbreakables (same color, even!) And like 30-something moves left, but couldn't move them to get to the glass. (...)

(...) played 114 one more time--same thing. I was more careful this time. Tried not to work the bottom at all until I'd cleared the unbreakables, but some blasters went off & down they fell... You get 59 moves, which is a lot, but I couldn't find a way to move em. (...)

Aha! I just figured it out...clear the glass at the bottom before getting rid of the ice @top. The ice barrier will help keep the unbreakables from falling down until the glass is gone. After that, it doesn't matter how many are down there! (...)
tried my theory above. I actually ended up clearing all the unbreakables but one, then started making special jewels & combos to clear the remaining glass. The 1 new jewel did fall, but luckily, glass in that spot already cleared! (...)

Got down to one special gem in the bottom right corner on 114 and couldn't get it. lol

Level 114: 32 glass in 50 moves (5JC.) Moves have been reduced by 9 on this since I first played it. But I only had one star from before, so wanted to improve that. Plus, this is a fun moves level...yay!

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/f3cde51e-3196-4480-91ff-fc26b68df5f0_zps1d901005.jpg

Ideally on this level, you clear all the stone jewels before they fall to that hard-to-reach bottom row. This is really hard to do though. On the last round I played, I created a horizontal blaster in the middle area, & got it to fall to the bottom row. Then I detonated it, breaking the glass on the bottom row. In-between these steps, I worked towards converting the unbreakable/stone jewels into special jewels. Once the bottom glass is broken, it doesn't really matter if a stone jewel falls down there. But until then, don't just set off a blaster + bomb combo willy-nilly. You have to take care of that bottom row glass...or you'll end up with one of those impossible situations, like in the quotes above.

Another hard-to-reach spot is the 2 glass at the ends of the 2nd row from the bottom. But they can always be blasted anytime during the round, or you can use a diamond, etc. If a stone jewel falls into one of those spots, you still have some movement options (up/down, right/left,) so it's not too bad, either. Something to watch for: try to use the color-changing ice/white blocks to your benefit, by changing them to a color you can use to convert your stone jewels to specials. You can also look for optimal starting moves when you first start your game. If you don't like the board you get--pause, then press the back arrow button to restart the level.

Good luck, and enjoy this one! ;)