PDA

View Full Version : How to move Habitants

Shylore
11-03-12, 11:23 AM
I have the hardest time moving items and habitats up to the higher level. I managed to get one habitat up there.....somehow. So what am I doing wrong. May not even be able to explain it. I just get so frustrated trying to push items up there. I go to the far side and just trying to swing/push the item up. After so many tries I give up.

kooky panda
11-03-12, 02:57 PM
Try dragging item to the edge then hold down and slide your finger to the new area(even if habitant does not follow) then pick up your finger and habitant should move over.

flakypickle
01-22-13, 07:49 PM
I want to move some habitats down to the level with the yellow tree and the game won't let me move them off the main level. Is there a trick to this?

kooky panda
01-22-13, 08:17 PM
Try dragging item to the edge then hold down and slide your finger to the new area(even if habitant does not follow) then pick up your finger and habitant should move over.

sirenshadow
03-26-13, 12:37 PM
I am finally clearing my top level but I cannot move anything up there. How do you do this? Thanks!

midnightmeerkat
03-26-13, 12:41 PM
I am finally clearing my top level but I cannot move anything up there. How do you do this? Thanks!

Just drag the item up there

sollia
03-26-13, 12:48 PM
Try zooming out farther, that can make it easier.

kooky panda
03-26-13, 02:16 PM
Put you finger on the item and drag it your finger over(the item may not move with your finger) to the area, then lift up your finger and the item should move.

sirenshadow
03-26-13, 03:03 PM
I have tried to move the item using the same technique I use in moving items around the beginning level but the item will not go to the top level. I select the item, choose the move function, and slide it toward the top level but it won't go up. It just stops at the cliff face by the waterfall.

midnightmeerkat
03-26-13, 03:48 PM
I have tried to move the item using the same technique I use in moving items around the beginning level but the item will not go to the top level. I select the item, choose the move function, and slide it toward the top level but it won't go up. It just stops at the cliff face by the waterfall.
You have to keep pushing all the way to the top.... It does feel like there is resistance but keep pushing making sure you do not lift your finger

kwhales
03-26-13, 03:52 PM
It doesn't have to stay under your finger. Sometimes I just keep moving it and pull my finger slowly to where i want the item, and it eventually catches up. Also, try to move it close to the waterfall, leave it there a second or two, then move it again to where you want it. Sometimes if you are bringing it too far away, it needs a rest before it will continue. This happens to me too.

tonguelashing
03-26-13, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I often have a bit of a job trying to move items between the islands, sometimes even around the same island. Android is also a bit different than iOS. Newer iOS releases are much smoother at it, though the original iOS version had a hard time like Android does so it's a code improvement there.

sirenshadow
03-26-13, 05:07 PM
It doesn't have to stay under your finger. Sometimes I just keep moving it and pull my finger slowly to where i want the item, and it eventually catches up. Also, try to move it close to the waterfall, leave it there a second or two, then move it again to where you want it. Sometimes if you are bringing it too far away, it needs a rest before it will continue. This happens to me too.

That worked perfectly! Thank you!!

kwhales
03-26-13, 05:08 PM
That worked perfectly! Thank you!!

You're welcome.

sirenshadow
03-26-13, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I often have a bit of a job trying to move items between the islands, sometimes even around the same island. Android is also a bit different than iOS. Newer iOS releases are much smoother at it, though the original iOS version had a hard time like Android does so it's a code improvement there.

I am playing on a Kindle HD but I have no idea what the differences are. So far everything seems to be pretty smooth.

DragonTan1
03-26-13, 05:33 PM
Moving things around is a lot easier on iOS. on iOS it drags across the screen almost perfectly and the area that has room is light green so you know if there is room there or not, which is great if you don't have plenty of room. On android it's just complicated with everything being slow and you have to guess if it can fit into place... the differences between the two is more than obvious.

lainy28
03-27-13, 09:01 AM
Yay result thank you

mspandy
05-18-13, 12:32 PM
Can anyone tell me if you can move your habitats from one island to the next & if so how? Thanks so much!!

hamadrys
05-18-13, 12:46 PM
Yes you can. Just tap on your habitat and select move. Then drag it from one island to another. You want to get as closer as you can from the edge before taking the "jump" from one island to another. I usually put omy finger on the habitat, drag it to where I want and leave my finger at that spot for 1 or 2 seconds. It usually follows, but several tries may be necessary.

mspandy
05-18-13, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the tip!!

hamadrys
05-18-13, 01:38 PM
You are welcome :)

clarontinalisa
05-14-14, 01:25 PM
Can anyone tell me how I can move a habitat or nest or farm from one island to the other? Scoured many forums and I can't see any mention of it.

stashlova
05-14-14, 02:30 PM
Pinch and zoom all the way out then touch and drag what u want to move to its destination. Easiest method for me

maguar
05-14-14, 02:32 PM
Just like trying to move them to the upper level of your main island they can stick a bit. Just slide and drag (it'll stick abit then suddenly jump). This thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48779-How-to-move-Habitants) has people's tips and tricks for moving them

rustyventure
05-14-14, 06:40 PM
I just got a new phone and am having problems with map movement...mainly to the northeast section (top right). When I try to slide the map over to this area it just stops. Basically my habitats I built up there on my old phone are very difficult to get to...only being able to collect $ if I place the habitat between the food counter and 'free gold'.

I have restarted multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled, had both standard vesion and springtime edition (both did the same thing)

Phone is HTC One M7 Android 4.3

Hopefully someone has an idea...I tried searching with no luck so if there is a previous thread...link greatly appreciated :)

kooky panda
05-15-14, 07:53 AM
(merging thread with current thread. )

SparklyOctopus
05-15-14, 10:52 AM
Have you tried zooming out as much as possible and dragging your finger to the top right section and then zooming in? Please let us know if this works for you. :)

clarontinalisa
05-15-14, 01:00 PM
Thanks Maguar and stashlova. Managed it at long last. Been trying to do it for ages

kooky panda
05-15-14, 02:40 PM
Merging this thread with the current thread.

natdsuarez0170
05-22-14, 12:35 PM
This does not seem to work for me. Any other suggestions? Playing on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3