PDA

View Full Version : In-Game Event Mask Dragon Celebration - Wnners Announced!

FrozenTurtle
03-25-13, 10:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qjMaojc.png

Halloween may be long over, but it doesn't stop this little one from dawning the perfect disguise. Head to the masquerade ball with your newest pet, the Mask Dragon! The smile on his face is enough to break through any disguise and instantly lighten the mood. Let him show off his colorful scales to all of your neighbors!

Help us fill Dragon Story with Mask Dragons for a chance to win your share of Gold!

Rules:
Starts: Monday, March 25th 11:00am PDT
Ends: Thursday, March 28th at 10:30am PDT

- BREED or BUY 1 Mask Dragon for 1 entry!
- EVOLVE a Mask Dragon to level 10 for 10 entries!

10 players will win 5,000 Gold each! The more entries, the more chances you have to win!

Join in on the festivities by breeding or buying a Mask Dragon through the following versions:

Dragon Story for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id513474544)
Dragon Story: Valentine's Day for iOS (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id594076335)
Dragon Story for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon)
Dragon Story: Valentine's Day for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon5)
Dragon Story: Easter Edition for Android (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamlava.dragon20)

Kindle Users: We're sorry, but this contest is not available to Kindle Users at this time due to the particular Dragon being unavailable. Check out our Summer Concept Contest (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48160-Summer-Concept-Contest!) for a chance to win FREE Gold or Gems in the game of your choice!

EDIT:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2v8r8dy.gif

Were you able to reveal the elusive Dragon behind the Mask? Please join me in congratulating the winners of the Mask Dragon Celebration:

Dragon Fantasy
Thoo'r
Paula
Keean Island
JAHANA������
Queen B
Aaa
Diva Rocks
Sparkleville
Happydavid

Thanks to Caretakers across the lands, Dragon Story has been successfully filled with Mask Dragons. Be sure to take this Dragon dancing, because it loves being the Belle of the Ball. Thanks again to everyone for participating!

***Please note that Island Names are not unique and the winners have already been awarded the prizes.

SamKanj
03-25-13, 10:48 AM
Beautiful!
Good luck everyone.

Mani_Sari
03-25-13, 10:49 AM
Nice design!

aceblade
03-25-13, 10:49 AM
What combo is this guy?
:)

Mani_Sari
03-25-13, 10:50 AM
What combo is this guy?
:)

Night/Virtue

nbella1414
03-25-13, 10:54 AM
Good lord. Might as well just buy it.

infinitelove19
03-25-13, 10:55 AM
Ooh, this one is VERY nice looking, but may be nearly impossible to breed. I'm hoping my recent run of bad luck will be made up for by being successful very quickly with this one.

Now to wait until 11 am to start. Tick......tock.......tick......tock. LOL ;-)

MomsHouseofSweets
03-25-13, 10:56 AM
Ok, I'll bite ... first try gave me what appears to be a 26 breed time. Anyone else try yet?

RotomGuy
03-25-13, 10:56 AM
Looks very nice! I'm definately trying for this one.

jennyh30
03-25-13, 10:57 AM
No chance of getting one anyway but when is 11am?

RotomGuy
03-25-13, 10:58 AM
Here is the list of fails I put up in the other thread:

All possible fails, considering your using a Night x Virtue combo include:
Love - 5 hrs
Laserlight - 15 hrs
Tusker - 21 hrs
Coral - 10 hrs
Wizard - 22 hrs
Mistmoth - 12 hrs
Aether - 16 hrs
Goblin - 9 hrs
Bubble - 26 hrs
Origami - 8 hrs
Charm - 16 hrs
Planet - 19 hrs
Titan - 32 hrs
Cupid - 18 hrs
Athletic - 11 hrs
Magic - 20 hrs
Left Heart - 12 hrs
Right Heart - 12 hrs
Luck - 17 hrs
Hypnotic - 13 hrs
Winter - 12 hrs
Ice Cream - 19 hrs
Dream - 17 hrs
And finally, the
Mask - ??? hrs

Some of those fail times are pretty brutal, espcially Titan.

MomsHouseofSweets
03-25-13, 11:01 AM
Wonder why they don't just give us the breed time, instead of our always having to ask.

Baraze
03-25-13, 11:06 AM
The wings are stunning. I always said a pink/black would be the biggest pest due to both dragons splitting. I dont need or want any other hybrids. Once is enough, ive no room to collect and sale anything! Boo! This should be super rare. Not just rare. Oh well, here goes....

hamadrys
03-25-13, 11:12 AM
Gorgeous dragon. Love it ! That's gonna be fun to breed...

sand
03-25-13, 11:18 AM

Love - 5 hrs
Laserlight - 15 hrs
Tusker - 21 hrs
Coral - 10 hrs
Wizard - 22 hrs
Mistmoth - 12 hrs
Aether - 16 hrs
Goblin - 9 hrs
Bubble - 26 hrs
Origami - 8 hrs
Charm - 16 hrs
Planet - 19 hrs
Titan - 32 hrs
Cupid - 18 hrs
Athletic - 11 hrs
Magic - 20 hrs
Left Heart - 12 hrs
Right Heart - 12 hrs
Luck - 17 hrs
Hypnotic - 13 hrs
Winter - 12 hrs
Ice Cream - 19 hrs
Dream - 17 hrs
And finally, the
Mask - ??? hrs

Those are not ALL the possible "fails". I'm missing at least 10 of the hybrids on this list so why not give it a go?

sollia
03-25-13, 11:21 AM
It's beautiful!! This is one I have to get!

RotomGuy
03-25-13, 11:22 AM
Those are not ALL the possible "fails". I'm missing at least 10 of the hybrids on this list so why not give it a go?

The term users usually use for getting a dragon they weren't initially trying for is a "fail". Anything can be a fail, even a Dark Angel Dragon should you use Night x Unicorn.

If your talking about a dragon I missed, I've gone over and I only missed the Moon Dragon.

penqueen2
03-25-13, 11:23 AM
11 hours 10th try useing boosted breed (100k coins)
1 oragomi
3 athletic
2 right
1 love
1 charm
1 mistmoth

knj00
03-25-13, 11:32 AM
Egg
http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv282/joenkari00/maskegg.png

betsyb514
03-25-13, 11:34 AM
So, how many hours???

cedkugedchgd
03-25-13, 11:37 AM
11! same as athletic.

RotomGuy
03-25-13, 11:37 AM
11 hours, make sure not to confuse with an Athletic.

sand
03-25-13, 11:40 AM
Good lord. Might as well just buy it.

LOL. That's what I'm thinking. What could be a worse ordeal than Dark Angel?* This one by far!
The description asks "What does this dragon have to hide?" Why, its only the most duplicitous, beguiling, elusive kraken EVER! I'm taking this baby on after my final Snowman battle in a few hours.

*I never actually attempted Dark Angel myself since my first Diamonds were still being bred & incubated in the last 2 days of that contest. But, you know, I observed and took pictures. LMAO

MomsHouseofSweets
03-25-13, 11:47 AM
Why do we always have to ask! Why don't they just give us the breed time???

sand
03-25-13, 11:47 AM
The term users usually use for getting a dragon they weren't initially trying for is a "fail". Anything can be a fail, even a Dark Angel Dragon should you use Night x Unicorn.

If your talking about a dragon I missed, I've gone over and I only missed the Moon Dragon.

I'm aware of the term. I put it in quotes because I refuse to use it myself. You indeed omitted Moon, as well as Virtue and Night themselves.

MomsHouseofSweets
03-25-13, 11:50 AM
Why do we always have to ask! Why don't they just give us the breed time???

RotomGuy just informed us that Mask is 11 hours. Thanks again, RotomGuy!

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 11:50 AM
Looking in the market, this dragon is considered 'Rare' but considering how often both pink and black dragons break down to original breeding elements, it should be more super rare or even ultra rare! :(

roni122285
03-25-13, 11:52 AM
Wish I could try for this but as I'm on the kindle I don't even have virtue as an option so why do I need the in game pop up?

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 11:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qjMaojc.png

10 players will win 5,000 Gold each! The more entries, the more chances you have to win!

You didn't state it for this contest, so I'll ask...will there be 5 iOS winners and 5 Android winners like stated for the Amethyst contest?

sand
03-25-13, 11:55 AM
Thank you, RotomGuy, for the list of Mask (from Night & Virtue) "fails" and especially the times. It will prove a valuable aid during the breeding ordeal. I normally make such a list myself and it's great to see it posted here on the forum. Don't for a moment think I don't appreciate your contribution.

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 11:57 AM
Thank you, RotomGuy, for the list of Mask (from Night & Virtue) "fails" and especially the times. It will prove a valuable aid during the breeding ordeal. I normally make such a list myself and it's great to see it posted here on the forum. Don't for a moment think I don't appreciate your contribution.

Agreed. Thank you RotomGuy!

Magikot
03-25-13, 11:59 AM
Excuse me while I go bang my head on a brick wall to put myself out of the misery breeding black and pink is going to cause. I've been doing it since goblin was released. Not once have I bred a pink or black hybrid with that combination. Still all black hybrids except bat. I have managed to breed an anubis and a leopard....

RotomGuy
03-25-13, 12:03 PM

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to sound mean. I interpreted your reply completely wrong :3

And thanks for the thanks!

riisak
03-25-13, 12:15 PM
I distinctly remember making a post about this type of monstrosity, when people were complaining about the original night hybrids being too hard.

"just be glad we don't have a pink and night hybrid", I said....
I feel like they did this on purpose.

TEAM LAVA, WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

enoch4
03-25-13, 12:17 PM
I got it in 27 tries. Ug. But most of the fails were short (love, athletic, charm, origami, etc). So it was definitely cheaper for me to breed than buy, unlike dark angel. Lol.

sollia
03-25-13, 12:20 PM
...They were obviously going to come out with a Pink/Black. I don't understand why you're surprised.

DragonRA7
03-25-13, 12:47 PM

Love - 5 hrs
Laserlight - 15 hrs
Tusker - 21 hrs
Coral - 10 hrs
Wizard - 22 hrs
Mistmoth - 12 hrs
Aether - 16 hrs
Goblin - 9 hrs
Bubble - 26 hrs
Origami - 8 hrs
Charm - 16 hrs
Planet - 19 hrs
Titan - 32 hrs
Cupid - 18 hrs
Athletic - 11 hrs
Magic - 20 hrs
Left Heart - 12 hrs
Right Heart - 12 hrs
Luck - 17 hrs
Hypnotic - 13 hrs
Winter - 12 hrs
Ice Cream - 19 hrs
Dream - 17 hrs
And finally, the
Mask - ??? hrs

Forgot the moon dragon :)

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 12:58 PM
I got it in 27 tries. Ug. But most of the fails were short (love, athletic, charm, origami, etc). So it was definitely cheaper for me to breed than buy, unlike dark angel. Lol.

That's a LOT of tries...and a LOT of gold!!

fattom19
03-25-13, 01:11 PM
I like this dragon, but I REALLY want a dark angel, do you think it would be a good approach to breed night/unicorn to try to get dark angel and this? or do u think if I want the dark angel more (which I do) that I should continue the endless pursuit of using just diamond/night... any suggestions would be appreciated

fattom19
03-25-13, 01:15 PM
Wow on a follow up of that question, i just got a moon using that combo...

Mani_Sari
03-25-13, 01:22 PM
I like this dragon, but I REALLY want a dark angel, do you think it would be a good approach to breed night/unicorn to try to get dark angel and this? or do u think if I want the dark angel more (which I do) that I should continue the endless pursuit of using just diamond/night... any suggestions would be appreciated

Bred 20 times using night/unicorn, best I got was a bubble and a Cupid, but get your luck could be better, good luck.

scarletdragon18
03-25-13, 02:19 PM
While it may take me a few tries (and by a few, I mean a LOT lol) from the looks of that list, I'll be getting some missing dragons from this. Hopefully.

drevo77
03-25-13, 02:40 PM
Wish I could try for this but as I'm on the kindle I don't even have virtue as an option so why do I need the in game pop up?
Thats got to be the million dollar question!., why indeed. Why have them at all, just seem to slow things right down for me

FrozenTurtle
03-25-13, 03:17 PM
You didn't state it for this contest, so I'll ask...will there be 5 iOS winners and 5 Android winners like stated for the Amethyst contest?

This is not a craft or buy dragon, so there will only be one pool of winners selected.

Sorry for the confusion! The dialog should have been removed shortly after the Celebration started. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 05:12 PM
This is not a craft or buy dragon, so there will only be one pool of winners selected.

Thank you Mr. Turtle.

magstar15
03-25-13, 10:15 PM
Night/Virtue

How many hours?

magstar15
03-25-13, 10:16 PM
Ooh, this one is VERY nice looking, but may be nearly impossible to breed. I'm hoping my recent run of bad luck will be made up for by being successful very quickly with this one.

Now to wait until 11 am to start. Tick......tock.......tick......tock. LOL ;-)
Haha i got night/virtue and its 31 hours... Not sure

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 10:32 PM
Haha i got night/virtue and its 31 hours... Not sure

it's only 11 hrs, 31 hours is a moon dragon, congrats!

sand
03-26-13, 04:30 AM

Sorry for the confusion! The dialog should have been removed shortly after the Celebration started. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

FrozenTurtle, I'm seeing an in-game pop-up for the Mask dragon debut, but none for the Mask Celebration contest. Is this deliberate? Is the contest only being announced on the forum even though it's open to all (non-Kindle) players?

kurebiz
03-26-13, 05:31 AM
FrozenTurtle, I'm seeing an in-game pop-up for the Mask dragon debut, but none for the Mask Celebration contest. Is this deliberate? Is the contest only being announced on the forum even though it's open to all (non-Kindle) players?

not everyone gets the pop-ups I guess, which is why people should come to the forums :p
if you breed 1, you'll still get your chances, just not sure why there's no announcements. same thing happened to my game with the previous contests.

queenlynnethethird
03-26-13, 11:08 AM
First 2 tries = 10 hour Coral (already have)
3rd try= 12 hour Left heart (already have 2 and no right heart)
4th try= 26 hour Bubble (still mating and I don't have this one yet)

Good luck all!

gentry5
03-26-13, 11:41 AM
I love it and can't wait to get mine.

queenlynnethethird
03-27-13, 12:33 PM
First 2 tries = 10 hour Coral (already have)
3rd try= 12 hour Left heart (already have 2 and no right heart)
4th try= 26 hour Bubble (still mating and I don't have this one yet)

Good luck all!

I'm breeding Night + Virtue (on my 7th try)
1= coral
2= coral
3= left heart
4= Bubble
5= luck
6= luck
7= coral
Anyone else having any luck with this. Has anyone tried a different combo?

LilMzB4Life
03-27-13, 02:40 PM
So far I've gotten: charm, athletic (was hoping it would be Mask), dream (didn't have this one so happy about that), and presently a 22 hour wait (Wizard). The only good thing is I finally got a dragon I didn't have yet and I'm super happy that none I have gotten has been repeats. A different dragon everytime. So hoping I get Mask really soon.

LilMzB4Life
03-27-13, 03:07 PM
I have a neighbor that says she got Mask with Night(8)/Lightning(9). How is that possible?

kwhales
03-27-13, 03:08 PM
Another try another mistmoth. Another try 11 hrs. Possibly goblin. Probably athletic.

LilMzB4Life
03-27-13, 03:29 PM
I have a neighbor that says she got Mask with Night(8)/Lightning(9). How is that possible? never mind, I was looking at storm dragon

stoogehunter
03-27-13, 06:40 PM
Night x lightening is possible. Mask is black and pink. Night - black, lightning- pink and yellow.

Delforce
03-29-13, 06:41 AM
Been trying for mask, still trying, BUT finally got athletic and goblin. Used pink x night :D

FrozenTurtle
04-05-13, 03:55 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/2v8r8dy.gif

Were you able to reveal the elusive Dragon behind the Mask? Please join me in congratulating the winners of the Mask Dragon Celebration:

Dragon Fantasy
Thoo'r
Paula
Keean Island
JAHANA💫🐲💫
Queen B
Aaa
Diva Rocks
Sparkleville
Happydavid

Thanks to Caretakers across the lands, Dragon Story has been successfully filled with Mask Dragons. Be sure to take this Dragon dancing, because it loves being the Belle of the Ball. Thanks again to everyone for participating!

***Please note that Island Names are not unique and the winners have already been awarded the prizes.

picklylily
04-05-13, 03:57 PM
Congrats, you guys! So lucky :3

LilMzB4Life
04-05-13, 04:21 PM
Congrats to all the winners and a special Congrats to my nbr Happydavid!!!

VenomDragon1
04-05-13, 04:59 PM
Queen B won the Bat contest too.