View Full Version : Weekly Update 3-25-2013 Mask Dragon

Pages : [1] 2

cedkugedchgd
03-25-13, 10:32 AM
black and pink hybrid!

edit(KP)

11 Hours

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv282/joenkari00/maskegg.png

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/37717A1B-D552-418F-B5AC-0B8B1E7EFA67-518-00000033ABD94AF0_zps3dc666d0.jpg

Click image to enlarge or go to Page (http://bit.ly/SDDrgnEggs2) | Print Version (http://bit.ly/YnhwAZ)
http://supremedynasty.com/apppix/dragon_eggs_all02_300.jpg (http://supremedynasty.com/apppix/dragon_eggs_all02.jpg)

RotomGuy
03-25-13, 10:34 AM
I like the look of this one. Going to breed Lightning with Night and additionally hope for a Kite, Moon or Goblin.

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 10:44 AM
IM wonder if there will be a contest for this one? I'd wait to breed until you know for sure. As well as this dragon, I'm looking at the potential fails for a lot of the dragons I still need (moon, origami, justice, goblin)

RotomGuy
03-25-13, 10:55 AM
The contest is up, toungelashing ^_^

All possible fails, considering your using a Night x Virtue combo include:
Love - 5 hrs
Laserlight - 15 hrs
Tusker - 21 hrs
Coral - 10 hrs
Wizard - 22 hrs
Mistmoth - 12 hrs
Aether - 16 hrs
Goblin - 9 hrs
Bubble - 26 hrs
Origami - 8 hrs
Charm - 16 hrs
Planet - 19 hrs
Titan - 32 hrs
Cupid - 18 hrs
Athletic - 11 hrs
Magic - 20 hrs
Left Heart - 12 hrs
Right Heart - 12 hrs
Luck - 17 hrs
Hypnotic - 13 hrs
Winter - 12 hrs
Ice Cream - 19 hrs
Dream - 17 hrs
And finally, the
Mask - ??? hrs

Some of those fail times are pretty brutal, espcially Titan.

MomsHouseofSweets
03-25-13, 10:58 AM
IM wonder if there will be a contest for this one? I'd wait to breed until you know for sure. As well as this dragon, I'm looking at the potential fails for a lot of the dragons I still need (moon, origami, justice, goblin)

Yeah, there's a contest.

yayacupcake
03-25-13, 10:59 AM
Guessing it's a 36 hour timer since someone in the contest thread said that's what they got.

MomsHouseofSweets
03-25-13, 10:59 AM
My first try has a Bubble (26 hrs) in the Temple. I don't want nor like Bubble!

jennyh30
03-25-13, 11:00 AM
Gonna try for it.... Even if I don't get it will hopefully get at least one of the ones I don't have yet as a fail

tonguelashing
Well, already have bubble :-) I do need tusker and ice cream though (have two dream dragons from moon fail attempts)

yayacupcake
Errrr 26 timer not 36 heheh, guess we still don't know the timer yet.

RotomGuy
Guessing it's a 36 hour timer since someone in the contest thread said that's what they got.

That was MomsHouseOfSweets, she said she got 26 hours, which is a Bubble.

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 11:05 AM

Love - 5 hrs
Laserlight - 15 hrs
Tusker - 21 hrs
Coral - 10 hrs
Wizard - 22 hrs
Mistmoth - 12 hrs
Aether - 16 hrs
Goblin - 9 hrs
Bubble - 26 hrs
Origami - 8 hrs
Charm - 16 hrs
Planet - 19 hrs
Titan - 32 hrs
Cupid - 18 hrs
Athletic - 11 hrs
Magic - 20 hrs
Left Heart - 12 hrs
Right Heart - 12 hrs
Luck - 17 hrs
Hypnotic - 13 hrs
Winter - 12 hrs
Ice Cream - 19 hrs
Dream - 17 hrs
And finally, the
Mask - ??? hrs

Thanks :-) I do need a couple of these...but also like the look of this dragon in epic...it looks like a dragon and not something silly like the Easter dragon.

MomsHouseofSweets
03-25-13, 11:16 AM
Thanks :-) I do need a couple of these...but also like the look of this dragon in epic...it looks like a dragon and not something silly like the Easter dragon.

I like this one a lot also! So, so tired of all the cutesy, silly looking dragons. Refreshing to see a real dragon!!

MomsHouseofSweets
03-25-13, 11:30 AM
That was MomsHouseOfSweets, she said she got 26 hours, which is a Bubble.

Yep, was me and that Bubble will have a For Sale sign around its neck soon as it's ready from the nest!

knj00
03-25-13, 11:33 AM
11hrs

RotomGuy
03-25-13, 11:36 AM
11hrs

Not to be confused with an Athletic :(

MomsHouseofSweets
03-25-13, 11:48 AM
Not to be confused with an Athletic :(

11 hours. Thank you. Why can't they just tell us up front! Appreciate it, RotomGuy!

Baraze
03-25-13, 11:52 AM
Nothing could be gained by them telling us the time. Where would the fun be in our knowing upfront? Gold will be bought, spent, used by many trying to figure out the answer.

I got 12 hours the first go. This dragon will agitate me greatly. I wont give up on it so quickly, like the others. Hes perfect!

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 11:52 AM
11 hours. Thank you. Why can't they just tell us up front! Appreciate it, RotomGuy!

Yes, I think it should state the breeding time in the contest thread! Interesting...I'm glad it's a short time, but a lot of the fails are really long. Well..breeding until I get this one because I really like the look of it and I have the food to feed it to epic if I get it in the contest timeframe.

hamadrys
03-25-13, 12:03 PM
Good luck to everyone, it's going to be interesting !!!

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 12:26 PM
Good luck to everyone, it's going to be interesting !!!

Understatement of the year I think :-)

jovanisto
03-25-13, 12:30 PM
Night and virtue. Talk about nightmare breeding !

teogionia
03-25-13, 12:44 PM
You forgot moon 31 hour and diamond 44 hour, that fails would be longest, i am glad this dragon is just rare :))) Its cool I am not going to give up on this one, dark hybrids are awesome and this one especialy

jmterao
03-25-13, 12:48 PM
14 speeded up breedings. 3 coral, 5 love, 3 charm, 1 winter, 1 luck, 1 leftheart.

The odds look pretty darn poor.

I can see where this is going for me. I will do 100 breedings and still not get a black hybrid. I think I am going to pass.

koiju
03-25-13, 01:28 PM
Arrgh looks like many more Winter dragons for me! I still have 3 waiting for their turn in the evolution temple before trading, oh and 2 mist, a firestorm and a fruitful - Moon fails. I've another Winter breeding now, will give my might and virtue a try in 2 hours, or maybe justice?

koiju
03-25-13, 01:29 PM
Arrgh looks like many more Winter dragons for me! I still have 3 waiting for their turn in the evolution temple before trading, oh and 2 mist, a firestorm and a fruitful - Moon fails. I've another Winter breeding now, will give my might and virtue a try in 2 hours, or maybe justice?

ha ha, yes with all my might I'll breed my night!

NouraMoh
03-25-13, 01:34 PM
I got 11 hours with Unicorn and Night
I was secretly hoping for DA fail :/

fattom19
03-25-13, 01:49 PM

Congrats! I tried that combo and after a few fails I got a moon, but I was doing what you were I was trying for the mask with very high hopes of obtainig a DA, but I would of rathered a mask than moon since I already got a moon

NouraMoh
03-25-13, 01:53 PM
Moon is good for trading Fattom19 :)

RotomGuy
03-25-13, 01:58 PM

Might be an Athletic, don't get your hopes up yet!

sollia
03-25-13, 01:59 PM
Well, my first fail could be Left/Right Heart, Mistmoth, or Winter. Debating buying some gold.

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 02:02 PM
Well, my first fail could be Left/Right Heart, Mistmoth, or Winter. Debating buying some gold.

don't do it! As tempting as it is...let it just happen, or get close to end before speeding up (1 or 2 hrs) so you use less gold, that's what I'm doing as I don't have a lot of gold and a gold sale recently popped up for me too. Was sooo tempted to get just a little gold, but still managed to refrain...Actually I think someone tied me down so I couldn't tap the 'buy' button :-)

jennyh30
03-25-13, 03:17 PM
First fail is luck. Urgh. And after this is done in gonna be rushing to get an elf so meh

MomsHouseofSweets
03-25-13, 03:45 PM
The list of possible fails ... wouldn't Night, Virtue, Super Dragon be on the list also? I think Moon was already mentioned.

ladysilvereyes
03-25-13, 03:50 PM
I'm an Android user that always reads to forums, but it's never allowed me to log in before today for some reason. I feel like I know many of you already after reading so long. Tonguelashing in particular always has points dead on. Anyway, I digress...

I've been playing since September of last year, and haven't bought gold since October when I was (unsucessfully) trying for witch or zombie, but never got anything more than posions and familiars. I was so frustrated by that experience, and later all the Android disparaties, that I held my money in protest, but today I gave in. I really want this one, and I took advantage of some sale gold...

The results?

Over 20+ Love's, over a dozen Winter's, over a dozen Coral's, 9 Athletics, 5 or 6 Luck's, 7 Left-Hearts, 1 Planet, 4 Charms, 1 Super, 1 Mistmoth, 2 Dreams (didn't have that one before), 1 Goblin and 1 Moon.

The last two I'm happy about because I hadn't gotten any black hybrids yet, but the rest, ugh!

This dragon is going to be Cupid and Snowman (both or which I only finally got a few days ago after trying since they came out) all over again... i.e. a nightmare for me...

Every time I see 11 hours I get excited, but it's always another Athletic. :-(

So much gold gone and still no Mask!!
Take pity on me Dragon Gods!

newmoonfashion
03-25-13, 03:52 PM
Wauw! This is the nicest epic dragon in the game. I am going to try non stop till I get it. Lucky me (lol) I still miss a lot of the fail outcomes : aether, moon, goblin, bubble and dream. So I might breed those too...

s_lynne
03-25-13, 03:52 PM
Wasted money on these fails

1. LeftHeart 12h
2. Love 5h
3. Winter 12h
4. LeftHeart 12h
5. Moon 31h
6. Love 5h
7. Luck 17h
8. Planet 19h
9. Luck 17h
10. Athletic 11h (was REALLY hopin this was it)
11. Charm 16h
12. Winter 12h
13. Love 5h
14. Winter 12h
15. Love 5h

As of right now, I'm givin up. Gonna go back to tryin for Goblin and Hunter.

ladysilvereyes
03-25-13, 03:58 PM
Now a Titan... :-(
Yuck...

MomsHouseofSweets
03-25-13, 04:13 PM
I'm an Android user that always reads to forums, but it's never allowed me to log in before today for some reason. I feel like I know many of you already after reading so long. Tonguelashing in particular always has points dead on. Anyway, I digress...

I've been playing since September of last year, and haven't bought gold since October when I was (unsucessfully) trying for witch or zombie, but never got anything more than posions and familiars. I was so frustrated by that experience, and later all the Android disparaties, that I held my money in protest, but today I gave in. I really want this one, and I took advantage of some sale gold...

The results?

Over 20+ Love's, over a dozen Winter's, over a dozen Coral's, 9 Athletics, 5 or 6 Luck's, 7 Left-Hearts, 1 Planet, 4 Charms, 1 Super, 1 Mistmoth, 2 Dreams (didn't have that one before), 1 Goblin and 1 Moon.

The last two I'm happy about because I hadn't gotten any black hybrids yet, but the rest, ugh!

This dragon is going to be Cupid and Snowman (both or which I only finally got a few days ago after trying since they came out) all over again... i.e. a nightmare for me...

Welcome to the forum!!!

Yeah, some of these dragons can be brats. Now that some of them split, it can make even more so. Hope you get what you want!

LilMzB4Life
03-25-13, 04:16 PM
First attempt is 16 hours so I'm guessing Charm. Not going to speed breed. Hope to get some of the other dragons I am still missing in the process.

annbluebird
03-25-13, 04:20 PM
night / virtue .. any chance to get a chocolate too with that combo?? I would be glad

henrylucky
03-25-13, 04:21 PM
First try, 10 hrs....

jag113
03-25-13, 04:45 PM
Epic fail - moon dragon :(

03-25-13, 05:05 PM
Grr! I'm never going to get any of theses dragons! No matter how many times I breed! And my sis got hers the first time!

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 05:11 PM

Awwww shucks *blush* Thank you :-) If it's ok with you, I'll send you an invite when I get home later. Or, feel free to send me one, but please make sure you post on my wall who you are so I know where the invite comes from.

The results?

Yes, this dragon is going to be hard to get, particularly in the short contest time frame. I'm hoping for it, plus a couple of the other night, virtue, and light hybrids I'm currently missing so may end up breeding this one for quite a while even if I don't get it in time for the contest.

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 05:14 PM
night / virtue .. any chance to get a chocolate too with that combo?? I would be glad

No, but if you did night and Tiny... you could potentially get a chocolate fail. Or breed bat/tiny and add a possible Kite fail to the list.

MomsHouseofSweets
03-25-13, 05:17 PM
Since my first try, resulting in Bubble, I have another Bubble (sigh), Ice Cream (another sign) and whatever is in the Temple. Don't remember what the breed hours were, but with my present luck ... another Bubble. LOL

NouraMoh
03-25-13, 05:24 PM
Might be an Athletic, don't get your hopes up yet!

I sped it up and it's Mask
Come see :)

NouraMoh
03-25-13, 05:25 PM
Wauw! This is the nicest epic dragon in the game. I am going to try non stop till I get it. Lucky me (lol) I still miss a lot of the fail outcomes : aether, moon, goblin, bubble and dream. So I might breed those too...

I totally agree!
I'm gonna try to get another one :)

annbluebird
03-25-13, 05:25 PM
Since my first try, resulting in Bubble, I have another Bubble (sigh), Ice Cream (another sign) and whatever is in the Temple. Don't remember what the breed hours were, but with my present luck ... another Bubble. LOL

bubble is 26h

ladysilvereyes
03-25-13, 05:37 PM
Awwww shucks *blush* Thank you :-) If it's ok with you, I'll send you an invite when I get home later. Or, feel free to send me one, but please make sure you post on my wall who you are so I know where the invite comes from.

Yes, this dragon is going to be hard to get, particularly in the short contest time frame. I'm hoping for it, plus a couple of the other night, virtue, and light hybrids I'm currently missing so may end up breeding this one for quite a while even if I don't get it in time for the contest.

Invite sent... :-)

And yea, that's the reason I didn't just buy it outright, was hoping for some of the other hybrids in the process, but other than goblin and moon (which I do feel *extremely* grateful for) it's giving me all the wrong ones... *sigh*

I was hoping maybe I'd have some extra gold left over at the end of all this, but at this rate, that's not looking like it will be the case...

I'm embarrased to admit how many more useless fails I've had since my earlier post.

accisse
03-25-13, 05:43 PM
Is diamond a possible fail for this one? Virtue = Red + Light and Night = Blue + Purple, so there are 4 colours. Not sure if breeding works this way, that's why I'm asking. Cos I wouldn't mind trying for this if I could get a diamond fail out of it.

NB: I need another diamond so that I can try diamond+diamond to finally get that elusive passion dragon.

NouraMoh
03-25-13, 05:45 PM
Why don't you just breed LH and RH dragon for Passion ?!

hamadrys
03-25-13, 05:48 PM
If she/he has the same problem I do, breeding LH and RH gave me more than 20 fails, then I did quit. However, now that it has been labelled "seasonal", I will get back to it after I get Chocolate.
kwhales had mentionned that it was easier to get Passion with 2 diamonds.

ladysilvereyes
03-25-13, 05:48 PM
Welcome to the forum!!!

Yeah, some of these dragons can be brats. Now that some of them split, it can make even more so. Hope you get what you want!

Thank you for the welcome. Nice to finally talk to everyone...

And um, calling this dragon a brat is the understatement of the year... lol
I'd say more, but forum rules and all. ;-)

davewin
03-25-13, 05:50 PM
Count me out. Good luck guys.

accisse
03-25-13, 05:52 PM
Why don't you just breed LH and RH dragon for Passion ?!

If she/he has the same problem I do, breeding LH and RH gave me more than 20 fails, then I did quit. However, now that it has been labelled "seasonal", I will get back to it after I get Chocolate.
kwhales had mentionned that it was easier to get Passion with 2 diamonds.

Yep I tried it thousands of times ever since I got both LH and RH (ok not literally a thousand yet :p) and I'm sick of getting so many 20 hour fails.

Then I took a break from it because people trying for goblin were getting cupid fails, so I did that and finally got my cupid. Yes, I'm working on all the dragons labelled "seasonal" first. All others will have to wait. Even though I'm really itching to get this one, that's why I'm asking about diamond ;)

NouraMoh
03-25-13, 05:56 PM
Really ?!! You can get Passion with 2 Diamonds ?!
I did not know that
I got mine the old fashion way :)

kwhales
03-25-13, 06:01 PM
Really ?!! You can get Passion with 2 Diamonds ?!
I did not know that
I got mine the old fashion way :)

Yep that's how i got it. But that was before nights were introduced. This adds a longer breed time to the mix.

Congrats on your mask. I will have to try for this soon.

NouraMoh
03-25-13, 06:04 PM
Thanks K :)
It's level 7 now
Struggling to feed him :/

jonathanharker
03-25-13, 06:28 PM
Quit trying easter to give this a shot. Got a 17 hour fail. Guess I'll go back to my 12 hour fails tomorrow. =)

sharbuch
03-25-13, 07:47 PM
So I got 32 hours are you saying that I got titan how is that possible with black and pink there is no black or pink in titan. This sucks I haven't been able to get any of the new ones since I got mercury the last new one that I got was illusion can't get dark angel or Easter going to buy Easter I think. Tired of getting firestorm 20 in a row.

opanugie
03-25-13, 07:50 PM
i love the design and colors of this dragon ... its like venice mask, the end of the cold season turn to summer season

DragonTan1
03-25-13, 07:52 PM

Love - 5 hrs
Laserlight - 15 hrs
Tusker - 21 hrs
Coral - 10 hrs
Wizard - 22 hrs
Mistmoth - 12 hrs
Aether - 16 hrs
Goblin - 9 hrs
Bubble - 26 hrs
Origami - 8 hrs
Charm - 16 hrs
Planet - 19 hrs
Titan - 32 hrs
Cupid - 18 hrs
Athletic - 11 hrs
Magic - 20 hrs
Left Heart - 12 hrs
Right Heart - 12 hrs
Luck - 17 hrs
Hypnotic - 13 hrs
Winter - 12 hrs
Ice Cream - 19 hrs
Dream - 17 hrs
And finally, the
Mask - ??? hrs

Wow I still need so many of those!! ...but first, I should go for a Night dragon lol

annbluebird
03-25-13, 07:53 PM
So I got 32 hours are you saying that I got titan how is that possible with black and pink there is no black or pink in titan. This sucks I haven't been able to get any of the new ones since I got mercury the last new one that I got was illusion can't get dark angel or Easter going to buy Easter I think. Tired of getting firestorm 20 in a row.

Titan is fire/magic (red/purple) night have purple, virtue have red... so you can have a titan with night/virtue.

mikeclit
03-25-13, 08:17 PM
Def getting this after the trash Easter dragon

s_lynne
03-25-13, 09:33 PM
Man, I HATE those 2day fails. Titan on one nest and Moon on the other. *Sighs*
And then of coarse I got yet another Charm brewing in the Den. This really SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

bigbaxtercat1
03-25-13, 10:13 PM
Titan for me. Sigh.

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 10:26 PM
And then of coarse I got yet another Charm brewing in the Den. This really SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

at least you got a black hybrid. I don't have moon yet, mine keep breaking down :-( So far a Love dragon, a winter dragon, and something breeding that's 16 hours (charm or aether, most likely charm)

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 10:31 PM

yeah, and what sucks worse...the contest is only 3 days long ending thurs morning. Anyone that bred this dragon normally is lucky as sin. There really isn't a way to breed and feed this dragon in the contest timeframe without using gold...period. That's what TL is banking on. These two contests a week is stupid, it's unfair, and it's a cash grab. well, I'm not buying it...or buying anything for that matter. I won't win this contest unless a miracle happens between now and contest end, and I'm ok with that. I will just keep breeding this pair until I get this dragon though.

ladysilvereyes
03-25-13, 10:40 PM
Wasted an *insane* amount of gold (2900) trying to breed, because one would *think* after (literally) over 100 attempts you could get one... but no...

I give up on gold purchases. Same thing as October with witch and zombie.

Rather than encouraging repeat purchases by getting a little gratification of finally getting what you want eventually, and making it more likely to be where I'd spend money at least once or twice a month because I was happy with the results, this kind of fail ratio discourages me from wanting to ever give them money again.

Not a happy breeder right now... :-(

ladysilvereyes
03-25-13, 10:46 PM
As an aside, if I had gone through all those attempts normally without speeding up or trying for anything else, it would be months later and I still wouldn't have this dragon, so I'm not sure I'll likely ever see it on my island...

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 10:54 PM
As an aside, if I had gone through all those attempts normally without speeding up or trying for anything else, it would be months later and I still wouldn't have this dragon, so I'm not sure I'll likely ever see it on my island...

yep. and these short contest time frames encourage gold purchases like you just did and obviously for possibly no results.

TL is driving people AWAY from their games instead of TO their games.

just sayin...I have so many nbrs that have stopped playing due to frustration in one way or another and TL seems to be turning a deaf ear.

ladysilvereyes
03-25-13, 10:59 PM
I know. Almost all of my original neighbors gave up a long time ago and are no longer active at all.

Sad really...

annbluebird
03-25-13, 11:02 PM
at least you got a black hybrid. I don't have moon yet, mine keep breaking down :-( So far a Love dragon, a winter dragon, and something breeding that's 16 hours (charm or aether, most likely charm)

aether I guess. had several aether trying moon. let us know :)

candy2candy2
03-25-13, 11:04 PM
Just gave it a first try with night and pink and i got 11 hours... is this the maskdragon?
I dont have any of the dark or pink hynrids yet.

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 11:05 PM
aether I guess. had several aether trying moon. let us know :)

it was a charm :-(

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 11:06 PM
Just gave it a first try with night and pink and i got 11 hours... is this the maskdragon?
I dont have any of the dark or pink hynrids yet.

wait and see, it could also be an athletic.

ladysilvereyes
03-25-13, 11:07 PM
All my 11 hour results were athletics, but hopefully you'll have better luck than I did. Hope it's your mask...

annbluebird
03-25-13, 11:09 PM
two athletic on my tablet, one on my phone.. we will be able to begin a team !

candy2candy2
03-25-13, 11:10 PM
Uh... forgot about athletic.... i'm not feeling that hopeful right now.
im not throwing away my gold just yet :)

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 11:11 PM
Uh... forgot about athletic.... i'm not feeling that hopeful right now.
im not throwing away my gold just yet :)

Wise move

Baraze
03-25-13, 11:24 PM
After 1000 gold no one can fault TL. At this point its out own fault and greed/excitement at wanting a dragon that makes us buy what we buy and do what we do. If someone quits because they cant get what they want, then boo hoo. We know why dragons are becoming duplicate hours, splitting and involve contests with a small timeframe to finish. Just dont give in to it, take time ans move at your own pace.

Aftee the fiasco with the dark devil dragon I told myself no more gold. When moon came out I stuck to it. Now this dragon js here. Ive gotten used to waiting for breeding to finish. Weaning myself off of my impatience helped my pockets big time. Just stop giving money away if you feel some things are unfair.

Whining wont make them change it. Be proactive or breed and keep it moving.

Delforce
03-25-13, 11:28 PM
I would love to have an athletic fail :) it's 1 dragon I'm finding extremely hard to get, lol

annbluebird
03-25-13, 11:42 PM
After 1000 gold no one can fault TL. At this point its out own fault and greed/excitement at wanting a dragon that makes us buy what we buy and do what we do. If someone quits because they cant get what they want, then boo hoo. We know why dragons are becoming duplicate hours, splitting and involve contests with a small timeframe to finish. Just dont give in to it, take time ans move at your own pace.

Aftee the fiasco with the dark devil dragon I told myself no more gold. When moon came out I stuck to it. Now this dragon js here. Ive gotten used to waiting for breeding to finish. Weaning myself off of my impatience helped my pockets big time. Just stop giving money away if you feel some things are unfair.

Did that with right and left heart, was too exciting to have passion one, I spent a lot of gold.. Well even with gold I didnt get it. then I tried another dragon (caesar) and went back to hearts .. guess what happend? now for moon and mask I will take all my time. (same for chocolate and all the last ones)
I will have them once .. or never :) Anyway it will not change anything in my life.
But I WANT THEM ALL if I can

ladysilvereyes
03-25-13, 11:52 PM
I never threatened to quit, I only said I won't buy anymore gold because obviously it's useless unless you just buy the dragon outright and be done with it.

Not blaming anyone but myself, just stating that this one is extremely hard if after *that* many attempts I still can't even get a single one.

As for the contest, I don't really care to much, but it would be nice to get an entry in time. For a regular player not willing to use gold even a single Titan fail (I've had four now) would put them out of the running with the timeframe due to 32 hours in the den and then another 32 in the nest.

And for the record, how is it greedy to use my own money to (unsuccessfully) try to breed something I want? It's not like it keeps them from anyone else! lol

I was just using my own experience to give everyone a heads up on what a potential waste of gold this one is.

noharara
03-25-13, 11:54 PM
Night x Virtue combo include:
Love - 5 hrs
Laserlight - 15 hrs
Tusker - 21 hrs
Coral - 10 hrs
Wizard - 22 hrs
Mistmoth - 12 hrs
Aether - 16 hrs
Goblin - 9 hrs
Bubble - 26 hrs
Origami - 8 hrs
Charm - 16 hrs
Planet - 19 hrs
Titan - 32 hrs
Cupid - 18 hrs
Athletic - 11 hrs
Magic - 20 hrs
Left Heart - 12 hrs
Right Heart - 12 hrs
Luck - 17 hrs
Hypnotic - 13 hrs
Winter - 12 hrs
Ice Cream - 19 hrs
Dream - 17 hrs
And finally, the
Mask - ??? hrsAlso possible:
Super - 17hrs
Moon - 31hrs

And Magic doesn't seem to be possible.

RotomGuy
03-25-13, 11:56 PM
Also possible:
Super - 17hrs
Moon - 31hrs

And Magic doesn't seem to be possible.
Magic:
Pink splits into Red
Black splits into Blue
Red + Blue = Magic

I beleive Diamond is also a possible outcome from that horrific ordeal.

DragonTan1
03-25-13, 11:56 PM
I will have them once .. or never :) Anyway it will not change anything in my life.
But I WANT THEM ALL if I can

You do know that if you get EVERY dragon you will win a life changing prize, ...right?

annbluebird
03-26-13, 12:14 AM
You do know that if you get EVERY dragon you will win a life changing prize, ...right?

are you kidding? if not, I didnt know that ..

annbluebird
03-26-13, 12:17 AM

This Mask is going to make me as mad as I was for the hearts..
(What I know if I have EVERY dragons is that we will have the trading etc... too :P)

DragonTan1
03-26-13, 12:27 AM
This Mask is going to make me as mad as I was for the hearts..
(What I know if I have EVERY dragons is that we will have the trading etc... too :P)

lol yeah I was joking :P but this Mask dragon seems hard to get. I don't have Night dragon and I haven't tried for it yet but the fails on this one are going to get a lot of people mad, especially if they have most of the fails.

ladysilvereyes
03-26-13, 12:50 AM
I wish it had given me some fails I didn't have...

Even Bubble, Origami, Wizard, while maybe annoying to most would have been more useful than four Titans and dozens and dozens of other duplicates. I don't have any of those, but again, oh well. Bacl to normal breeding now, maybe in a few months I'll finally yet it.

I really like this one and I want it, so I'll keep trying, just without buying anymore gold.

noharara
03-26-13, 03:14 AM
Magic:
Pink splits into Red
Black splits into Blue
Red + Blue = MagicPink splits into red and white. So the child can be Laserlight.
Red + White = Virtue, though I don't know why, the child can't be Virtue.
The child can't be Magic, either.

kwhales
03-26-13, 03:19 AM
Pink splits into red and white. So the child can be Laserlight.
Red + White = Virtue, though I don't know why, the child can't be Virtue.
The child can't be Magic, either.

Yes it can. It takes the red from one parent, and the blue from the other and bingo baby magic is born.

tonguelashing
03-26-13, 08:31 AM
I wish it had given me some fails I didn't have...

Even Bubble, Origami, Wizard, while maybe annoying to most would have been more useful than four Titans and dozens and dozens of other duplicates. I don't have any of those, but again, oh well. Bacl to normal breeding now, maybe in a few months I'll finally yet it.

I really like this one and I want it, so I'll keep trying, just without buying anymore gold.

TL needs to update their breeding rules, with the number of tries you did and the gold you spent on it...there's no way this is a 'rare' dragon, it's more like ultra rare. TL Really needs to fix this. People are getting more and more frustrated with this game and leaving. Visiting my nbrs, there's a LOT of people not even trying for it...why? Because it's too hard to get in any reasonable time frame....and it seems too hard to get even after spending 2000 gold you spent trying to get it!

roosfamily
03-26-13, 09:12 AM
TL needs to update their breeding rules, with the number of tries you did and the gold you spent on it...there's no way this is a 'rare' dragon, it's more like ultra rare. TL Really needs to fix this. People are getting more and more frustrated with this game and leaving. Visiting my nbrs, there's a LOT of people not even trying for it...why? Because it's too hard to get in any reasonable time frame....and it seems too hard to get even after spending 2000 gold you spent trying to get it!
I've left the game exactly because of this. You can't get anything if you don't spend a lot of money. Difficult and frustrating, no fun anymore.

tonguelashing
03-26-13, 09:19 AM
I've left the game exactly because of this. You can't get anything if you don't spend a lot of money. Difficult and frustrating, no fun anymore.

maybe when there are 0 players left TeamLava will take notice and actually do something about it.

mhagelim
03-26-13, 09:36 AM
Mask is Night/Pink.

Night is Blue/Magic[Purple]
Magic is Blue/Red

So Night is Blue/Blue/Red.

Pink is Red/Light.

Seems there's a higher probability of a Magic[purple] or a Love[red/light] or a Winter[blue/light]

I bred a Night with a Caesar on the hopes of getting a Moon, or a Bat or a Hunter [3 which I need] but got a Fruitful instead.

I'm not sure how they combo.

A Tiny with a Night might give a Moon or a Mask.

I'll try the combo.

I get frustrated breeding for special dragons like Easter or Moon only to get a Firestorm or a Magic. I only have one nest and can't afford to buy gold for a second nest.

These long breeding times make me want to quit. Add to it the high food cost and the now 41 habitat limit when there's room for at least 60 habitats.

And gifts of gold should be 10 not 3, Or perhaps 1 from each neighbor

I have 188 neighbors, is it fair to just be able to send 3 gold when I can send Mystic Maps etc to each of them?

They need to make a 2nd nest to be able to purchased with coins and allow for a 2nd breeding den and possibly a 2nd Evolution Temple.

People don't play games to have to wait around all the time. There's no fun in that. And it gets boring real quick.

I'm poor, so I can't afford to buy gold like some others can.

If android users like myself had a Trading Portal and Spell Shop it might be different.

I've been playing for about 3 months and am up to level 68. But something needs to change.

I have the dragon breeding time charts, so I can pretty accurately guess what I got one I see the time.

Sorry if I'm venting, but I would love to get some of these new dragons, but I keep getting the SAME old ones.

Totally discouraging.

A 20 hour wait to get a Magic dragon or a 12 hour wait to get a Firestorm dragon a don't want is a total turn off.

Getting to the point that if the game won't change, maybe I will, to find another one.

cedkugedchgd
03-26-13, 09:42 AM
Seems there's a higher probability of a Magic[purple] or a Love[red/light] or a Winter[blue/light]

magic doesn't split up so there's no higher probability for purple.

hamadrys
03-26-13, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE=mhagelim;578647]Mask is Night/Pink.

They need to make a 2nd nest to be able to purchased with coins and allow for a 2nd breeding den and possibly a 2nd Evolution Temple.

I'm poor, so I can't afford to buy gold like some others can.

[QUOTE]

If you are doing other games goals and stick to it (do all the goals for the game even if you are bored to tears), and save your gold, it shouldn't be too long before you reach the 250 gold needed for a second nest. I, myself, do not want to spend real $ on gold either, so that is what I do. I install the games, play until there is no more rewards for gold. I got my gazebo, castle, kissing dragons and caretaker cabin that way in addition to my daily gifted gold.

tonguelashing
03-26-13, 10:15 AM
Well, I'm finally getting a black hybrid...looks like I'm finally getting the elusive goblin dragon.

hamadrys
03-26-13, 10:24 AM
Well, I'm finally getting a black hybrid...looks like I'm finally getting the elusive goblin dragon.

Yay !!! Congrats. The curse is broken ! :D

kurebiz
03-26-13, 10:29 AM
Got the mask on the second try. First was coral. My second hybrid!

tonguelashing
03-26-13, 10:34 AM
Got the mask on the second try. First was coral. My second hybrid!

some people just have all the luck...2nd try??? *sigh*

sand
03-26-13, 10:40 AM
Dear ladysilvereyes,
You purchased an impressive quantity of game currency. I'm happy for you and TeamLava! You then decided that, rather than purchase Mask dragon directly for 1800 gold, you would gamble 2900 gold in the hope of breeding it. You made those countless gambles, knowing (one would presume) that Mask would be an outrageously improbable result from any viable breeding pair you could possibly use.*
I'm guessing that you rather enjoy the snares and rewards of breeding, or thought gambling would be more gratifying than purchasing (which is just so dull and predictable, no?). It can be, if you can manage to win the gambit.*
But don't lose heart ma'am. Surely you may get it next time. *Attempt the breed again when your den becomes available; but before you press that button, say the following statements out loud:
1. The odds of getting Mask from this pair is exactly the same each and every time I try it.*
2. The odds of getting Mask from this pair is in no way dependent on the number of previous attempts or the results of those attempts.*
3. The odds of getting Mask from this pair is in no way dependent on whether I spent gold to speed up or dispose of previous unwanted results, nor dependent on how much gold I dumped on those other dragons.
4. The odds of getting Mask from this pair could feasibly be higher than the chance of being struck by lightning or some incurably lethal disease.*
…Now press BREED!

cedkugedchgd
03-26-13, 10:43 AM
Dear ladysilvereyes,
You purchased an impressive quantity of game currency. I'm happy for you and TeamLava! You then decided that, rather than purchase Mask dragon directly for 1800 gold, you would gamble 2900 gold in the hope of breeding it. You made those countless gambles, knowing (one would presume) that Mask would be an outrageously improbable result from any viable breeding pair you could possibly use.*
I'm guessing that you rather enjoy the snares and rewards of breeding, or thought gambling would be more gratifying than purchasing (which is just so dull and predictable, no?). It can be, if you can manage to win the gambit.*
But don't lose heart ma'am. Surely you may get it next time. *Attempt the breed again when your den becomes available; but before you press that button, say the following statements out loud:
1. The odds of getting Mask from this pair is exactly the same each and every time I try it.*
2. The odds of getting Mask from this pair is in no way dependent on the number of previous attempts or the results of those attempts.*
3. The odds of getting Mask from this pair is in no way dependent on whether I spent gold to speed up or dispose of previous unwanted results, nor dependent on how much gold I dumped on those other dragons.
4. The odds of getting Mask from this pair could feasibly be higher than the chance of being struck by lightning or some incurably lethal disease.*
…Now press BREED!

ok now this was hilarious. i'm definetly gonna say this the next time i try for dark angel.

LilMzB4Life
03-26-13, 10:48 AM
ok now this was hilarious. i'm definetly gonna say this the next time i try for dark angel.

I agree, that was hilarious. The same pep talk I need to give myself for present and future breedings.

tonguelashing
03-26-13, 10:50 AM
Dear ladysilvereyes,

I realize you're just being funny, throwing a sympathetic smile her way, but I do think that the hope was to spend a LOT less gold than Mask cost to purchase and then use the rest of the gold to speed up other breedings, or evolvings to make the new dragon Epic quickly.

It's a shame really that she didn't get a single dragon she needed even out of this combo, let alone not get the Mask dragon after 100 or so breedings.

One can hope she will get the Mask and other dragons she needs soon though.,

sand
03-26-13, 10:51 AM
Ladysilvereyes, if and when you repeat those statements I suggested, be sure to say "the odds … are" and not "the odds … is." I changed my wording and forgot to change the grammar to suit.

hamadrys
03-26-13, 10:51 AM
LOL. Put your device on some altar with lit candles and some incense while you're at it ;)

mhagelim
03-26-13, 10:57 AM
magic doesn't split up so there's no higher probability for purple.

Magic does split up. One of my outcomes from Night x Caesar was a Firestorm.

Night is Blue/Magic.
Firestorm is Red/Yellow.
Caesar is Light/Green/Yellow.

How else would you explain the Firestorm?

When I was trying to get my Passion dragon with LH and RH I kept on getting Magic dragons.

There are only 5 colors from which ALL the dragons [in various combinations] come from: Red, Green, Yellow, Blue and White [Light]

I have also bred Magic to Light and got Love and Winter dragons and 1 Luck dragon.

mhagelim
03-26-13, 10:59 AM
I got my Goblin from breeding Night to Wild.

lollipop_rp
03-26-13, 10:59 AM

Love - 5 hrs
Laserlight - 15 hrs
Tusker - 21 hrs
Coral - 10 hrs
Wizard - 22 hrs
Mistmoth - 12 hrs
Aether - 16 hrs
Goblin - 9 hrs
Bubble - 26 hrs
Origami - 8 hrs
Charm - 16 hrs
Planet - 19 hrs
Titan - 32 hrs
Cupid - 18 hrs
Athletic - 11 hrs
Magic - 20 hrs
Left Heart - 12 hrs
Right Heart - 12 hrs
Luck - 17 hrs
Hypnotic - 13 hrs
Winter - 12 hrs
Ice Cream - 19 hrs
Dream - 17 hrs
And finally, the
Mask - ??? hrs

I will use the "boosted breed" to help me! I had no firestorms at all while trying to breed the Easter dragon! Ony scorpions and eagles but nooooo firestorms! I guess it will clear out commons but the rares take a long time to. Breed..

sand
03-26-13, 11:00 AM
I realize you're just being funny, throwing a sympathetic smile her way, but I do think that the hope was to spend a LOT less gold than Mask cost to purchase and then use the rest of the gold to speed up other breedings, or evolvings to make the new dragon Epic quickly.

It's a shame really that she didn't get a single dragon she needed even out of this combo, let alone not get the Mask dragon after 100 or so breedings.

One can hope she will get the Mask and other dragons she needs soon though.,

True. I'm sure she thought she would score the Mask long before 1800 gold was spent. But once she passed that point, what then? Spend another 1800 in the market after dumping at least that much on unwanted dragons; or push forward? I mean, it could be the next one, right? It's a tough snare to extricate oneself from, once you set the thing in motion. That is the nature of gambling.

sollia
03-26-13, 11:49 AM

Night is Blue/Magic.
Firestorm is Red/Yellow.

When I was trying to get my Passion dragon with LH and RH I kept on getting Magic dragons.

There are only 5 colors from which ALL the dragons [in various combinations] come from: Red, Green, Yellow, Blue and White [Light]

I have also bred Magic to Light and got Love and Winter dragons and 1 Luck dragon.

I think that's new. They said they changed some breeding rules....

kwhales
03-26-13, 11:51 AM
I think that's new. They said they changed some breeding rules....

Yep. With the introduction of night and pink. If they would stop splitting, these are two additional colors.

tonguelashing
03-26-13, 12:09 PM

Night is Blue/Magic.
Firestorm is Red/Yellow.

Magic does not split up, even under new breeding rules, so not sure what happened there. Be nice to get a REAL answer from TeamLava about this though.

cedkugedchgd
03-26-13, 12:22 PM

Night is Blue/Magic.
Firestorm is Red/Yellow.

are you serious? i've bred a lot with magic in the last few days and nothing like that happened to me.

kwhales
03-26-13, 05:52 PM
Just bred night and tiny. Got 11 hrs. Could be athletic, could be mask. Hoping for mask. But I was really going for Goblin.

hamadrys
03-26-13, 05:54 PM
I hope you get it !!!! Can you bear the wait ??? Breathe kwhales :)

kwhales
03-26-13, 05:58 PM
I hope you get it !!!! Can you bear the wait ??? Breathe kwhales :)

Umm, yeah. Wanted Goblin. Need gem clusters. :(

tonguelashing
03-26-13, 05:58 PM
Just bred night and tiny. Got 11 hrs. Could be athletic, could be mask. Hoping for mask. But I was really going for Goblin.

Hope you're getting it!

hamadrys
03-26-13, 06:00 PM
If you had tried for Mask you could have had Goblin. It's your fault, lady. You know the breedings are all messed up, lol.

kwhales
03-26-13, 06:00 PM
Thank you both. I will be happy with Mask. Really. Athletic, not so much.

TyPat77
03-26-13, 06:07 PM
No Mask, but I got a Goblin out of it! Finally got my first Black hybrid!!!

tonguelashing
03-26-13, 06:08 PM
No Mask, but I got a Goblin out of it! Finally got my first Black hybrid!!!

I got a goblin today too, so I'm pretty happy about that as it's eluded me since it came out. Finally get a Gem Cluster!! :D

kwhales
03-26-13, 06:10 PM
I got a goblin today too, so I'm pretty happy about that as it's eluded me since it came out. Finally get a Gem Cluster!! :D

Hey. no fair. Wahhhh. Now I really hope I get Mask. Just might have to speed this one up.

TyPat77
03-26-13, 06:11 PM
Hey. no fair. Wahhhh. Now I really hope I get Mask. Just might have to speed this one up.

I'd much rather have the Mask than Goblin!

ladysilvereyes
03-26-13, 07:08 PM
Dear ladysilvereyes,
…Now press BREED!

LOL
That made my day and gave me a chuckle.

And yes, I knew I was making a gamble. Buying it outright is kind of boring. And I'm aware the odds are the same each time, I just figured with that many attempts i'd have a better chance of one being lucky. *shrugs* Oh well, I know better now...

Time to go wait for my latest fail to hatch so I can try again...

ladysilvereyes
03-26-13, 07:22 PM
True. I'm sure she thought she would score the Mask long before 1800 gold was spent. But once she passed that point, what then? Spend another 1800 in the market after dumping at least that much on unwanted dragons; or push forward? I mean, it could be the next one, right? It's a tough snare to extricate oneself from, once you set the thing in motion. That is the nature of gambling.

Actually the problem occurs as soon as you pass 1,100 - you've just passed the point where you no longer have enough left to buy it outright, but you're still under the list price, so you fool yourself into thinking "I still have plenty left... there's still a chance I could get it for less than I would have if I bought it..." and it's too late at that point, so you press forward...

nbella1414
03-26-13, 08:23 PM

I've stopped buying gold too. Dark Angel really ticked me off and left a bad taste in my mouth. I bought a LOTTT of gold trying for it and only got it after the contest ended. Of course. I only need 3 dragons now and they're all extremely hard to breed so buying more gold would just irritate me more. It will probably take forever to get them so I'm kinda over it. I have more cash on hand too and I'm fine with that. The breeding rules for pink are just too ridiculous and I need 2 pink hybrids. So it was fun while it lasted. :(

topherocious
03-26-13, 09:02 PM
I've stopped buying gold too. Dark Angel really ticked me off and left a bad taste in my mouth. I bought a LOTTT of gold trying for it and only got it after the contest ended. Of course. I only need 3 dragons now and they're all extremely hard to breed so buying more gold would just irritate me more. It will probably take forever to get them so I'm kinda over it. I have more cash on hand too and I'm fine with that. The breeding rules for pink are just too ridiculous and I need 2 pink hybrids. So it was fun while it lasted. :(

I couldn't agree more. After SEVERAL disappoints and gold spent trying for DA, I've stuck to not buying gold. I only need DA and now Mask and I will be patient and wait to get them. I got all the others with patience, so I will with these two. Right now, my focus is evolving my current dragons to epic and that's that. (:

stoogehunter
03-26-13, 09:35 PM
Trying chocolate and night. Hoping to get moon as a fail trying for mask.

Kami365
03-26-13, 09:55 PM
My first two tries for Mask dragon, The result are Love & Tusker dragons...Combo Dark Angel & Virtue.

mhagelim
03-26-13, 10:47 PM
Bred Night to Tiny 17 hrs

Possibility of Dream or Luck

Any possibility of Super which is Blue, Red, Purple???

I think so because Night comes from Blue/Purple and Tiny is Pink/White[Red/White/White]

If a Love dragon is possible [Red/White] wouldn't a Super also be possible???

nbella1414
03-26-13, 10:54 PM
I couldn't agree more. After SEVERAL disappoints and gold spent trying for DA, I've stuck to not buying gold. I only need DA and now Mask and I will be patient and wait to get them. I got all the others with patience, so I will with these two. Right now, my focus is evolving my current dragons to epic and that's that. (:

Ya me too. I need Unicorn, Gold and Mask. I could easily blow through 1000 gold in 5 minutes and not get any of them so why even bother? It's not fun anymore because I know they're so rare I may mot get them for months!!

So I've just been feeding my existing dragons and letting breeding take its natural course.

The release of mask right after Dark Angel was just the mail in the gold buying coffin . Lol.

Good luck to everyone trying for it!!

cookiefairey
03-26-13, 11:18 PM
I am not having any better luck with this one than dark angel my luck must have run dry. And just par for how it's been I got a crusader 44 hours as one of my fails today. I think it's going to be a long haul for me if I want the mask or dark angel. Good luck to all.

singhapoorv
03-26-13, 11:18 PM
I play DS on my android tablet and today a pop up of mask dragon update but when I press continue the dragon is absent in the market...

tonguelashing
03-27-13, 12:51 AM
I play DS on my android tablet and today a pop up of mask dragon update but when I press continue the dragon is absent in the market...

Are you using the Easter Edition? Also, there's been a slight code update on the original DS on Android to fix a bug and I see it there too. So make sure you have the latest version. It does not appear in New Dawn on Android.

flowless
03-27-13, 01:13 AM
I got 11 hour
I wonder if its mask dragon or athletic

I think it's gonna be athletic
Well see

kwhales
03-27-13, 05:20 AM
Didn't get mask. Turned out to be athletic, of course. Now got love breeding. Glad it's only five hrs.

NouraMoh
03-27-13, 05:31 AM
Keep trying guys, it's really worth the effort :)
Mine is level 8 now, one more feed and he'll be level 9
And yes it's a HE
His name is Justice.. He was born with it

Sending you good vibes and well wishes. Hope you get it very soon :)

sand
03-27-13, 05:49 AM
Actually the problem occurs as soon as you pass 1,100 - you've just passed the point where you no longer have enough left to buy it outright, but you're still under the list price, so you fool yourself into thinking "I still have plenty left... there's still a chance I could get it for less than I would have if I bought it..." and it's too late at that point, so you press forward...

So you knew when your foot hit the slide, eh? But now who is more doomed - the gambler who thinks she'll win on the next roll because she hasn't won so far; or the one who thinks she'll win on the next roll because she has won before? LOL -- I'm that second gambler. I won before on a free roll, and now I'm gambling away my winnings, hoping to do it again.

sand
03-27-13, 05:59 AM
Keep trying guys, it's really worth the effort :)
Mine is level 8 now, one more feed and he'll be level 9
And yes it's a HE
His name is Justice.. He was born with it

Sending you good vibes and well wishes. Hope you get it very soon :)

Nora, your island is SICK! LOL. You are way off the shizzang over there, sis. Justice looked gorgeous last night. Anyway, thanks for the "good vibes and well wishes." Nobody wish me luck, pleeeeze! I've got 3 Luck dragons on the ground and 2 more up in the nests. Just wish me Mask! GOOD MASK, Y'ALL!

flowless
03-27-13, 08:20 AM
Not mask
Athletic

Now I got 16 hour breeding time

fattom19
03-27-13, 08:20 AM
I;m starting to get really ticked off... The last 3 dragons that were released all had the same breeding time as another dragon, I think this is really messed up and after 3 successive dragons having that extremely aggrivating feature it is starting to become an evil trend by team lava... I don't think it is fair of them to do this and I REALLLLY hope that they don't keep doing this with every dragon that comes out, because the easter, DA and mask dragons are hard enough to get already and I mean REALLY REALLY hard to get, so to add the fact that they have the same breeding times of other dragons is just like TL rubbing salt in the wound. It really isn't cool and I hope they do something about this, because I surely am not the only person who feels this way. Btw i unfortunately fell into their trap like a stupid mark, I spent an obscene amount of money on gold trying to obtain the DA and STILL have not gotten it, so the worst part of their evil plan is that I fell for it, so take a bow TL and clap for yourselves because your scheme worked you got me to pour more money than I care to share into your game, BRAVO for you.

NouraMoh
03-27-13, 08:25 AM
Nora, your island is SICK! LOL. You are way off the shizzang over there, sis. Justice looked gorgeous last night. Anyway, thanks for the "good vibes and well wishes." Nobody wish me luck, pleeeeze! I've got 3 Luck dragons on the ground and 2 more up in the nests. Just wish me Mask! GOOD MASK, Y'ALL!

Thank you so much Sand :)
I appreciate the kind words

Bisumenras
03-27-13, 10:10 AM
The mask dragon is 11 hours and leveling it from 9 to 10 is hard! Either it's only me but I have to feed it 10,000 to get it there! Wow but it's a gorgeous dragon. Totally worth it

tonguelashing
03-27-13, 11:15 AM
The mask dragon is 11 hours and leveling it from 9 to 10 is hard! Either it's only me but I have to feed it 10,000 to get it there! Wow but it's a gorgeous dragon. Totally worth it

Yeah, it doesn't currently look like I'll get one for the contest, but I do want this dragon so will keep breeding this combo for a while yet.

teogionia
03-27-13, 11:30 AM

Its not just you, every new dragon costs 50k food to level up from 9 to 10, that is 100k in sum! We need more productive food TL

NouraMoh
03-27-13, 12:01 PM
Yup I'm always struggling to feed my dragons
I get them to level 9 alright then I can't seem to bring them to epic in time before the contest is over

So now all my new dragons are level 9
Cause there's always a new dragon to breed and feed :/

sand
03-27-13, 12:02 PM
Its not just you, every new dragon costs 50k food to level up from 9 to 10, that is 100k in sum! We need more productive food TL

With considerable effort, I manage to grow 200000 fruit per week on Enchanted Farms. Just enough to raise 2 contest dragons to epic while every other dragon goes hungry.

stoogehunter
03-27-13, 12:57 PM
Tried breeding unicorn and night, got unicorn as a fail, so there's no way ill have mask in time for the competition.

Bisumenras
03-27-13, 01:06 PM
That's tricky, since I drain my money with all the food. But thanks for letting me know :) now I know for next time

infinitelove19
03-27-13, 07:27 PM
Well, I got my first 11 hour breed-time with virtue & night, hoping that it will be the elusive & beautiful mask dragon!!!

Will speed it up in about 35 minutes to see what there is to see.

I must agree with those who say that this (and other pink & black hybrids) are too hard to breed. I think the programming needs a tweak in the directioin of favouring pink & black NOT splitting up. I try to stem my use of gold by keeping my nests full & only speeding what's on the nest. I occasionally use a bit more to speed up before bed-time, to maximize overnight hatching/breeding.

At least I got a dream dragon finally from trying for mask. And with any luck I'm breeding mask now. ;-)

infinitelove19
03-27-13, 07:57 PM
Well, I got my first 11 hour breed-time with virtue & night, hoping that it will be the elusive & beautiful mask dragon!!!

Will speed it up in about 35 minutes to see what there is to see.

I must agree with those who say that this (and other pink & black hybrids) are too hard to breed. I think the programming needs a tweak in the directioin of favouring pink & black NOT splitting up. I try to stem my use of gold by keeping my nests full & only speeding what's on the nest. I occasionally use a bit more to speed up before bed-time, to maximize overnight hatching/breeding.

At least I got a dream dragon finally from trying for mask. And with any luck I'm breeding mask now. ;-)

Boooooo! It was an athletic, then I bred again & got another Titan. NOT what I wanted.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

03-27-13, 08:02 PM
I try many times ...but nothing happened

s_lynne
03-27-13, 08:05 PM
Well, it looks as though I won't be gettin this dragon.

Cont. from earlier post

21. Love 5h (Common)
22. Love 5h (Common)
23. Dream 17h (Super Rare) Didn't have this
24. Luck 17h (Common)
25. Winter 12h (Common)
26. Coral 10h (Common)

And the 27th is a 12h breed. This is really gettin on my nerves!

Baraze
03-27-13, 08:17 PM
I kinda got excited after seeing 11 hours. Of course it wasnt the mask. Im over the new dragons needing so much to get to epic. Seriously trying to finish the boost goals from yesteryear and thought id start with my four leaf. I had over 60,000 food stored and waa shocked by how fast it went. And it still needed more! I got so upset I traded it on a whim. Its stupid

MomsHouseofSweets
03-27-13, 08:29 PM
I had an 11 hour egg in the Temple but was afraid to touch it for fear of it changing. LOL I finally gathered my courage, tapped "Ready" and the egg that plopped into the nest was a Goblin!!! NOOOO!! Didn't have to suffer disappointment too long, though .. changed to a Mask egg. Sure hope there's no chance of it changing again!!!! LOL

NouraMoh
03-27-13, 09:04 PM
Really ?!! Egg can change ?!!
That never happened to me before

MonkeyMomma76
03-27-13, 09:26 PM
Got an 11 hour breed time...fingers crossed it's my Mask! This is by far my favorite design yet. Just gorgeous and a great concept. I hope the animation is as nice as the artwork :-)) I'll let you guys know either way. Even if it's an Athlete or Goblin I won't be too upset because I don't have either of those yet either.

Spiceshirl
03-27-13, 11:55 PM
Yahoo got it on the first try!!!! Oh yeah so happy gosh I was expecting all the worst fails possible:rolleyes: wow !! Got it with black and unicorn!! why can't I get this black Angel!!!!! I'm about to sell my Den why should it be sooooooooooooooo hard!!!!!

freyx378
03-28-13, 12:11 AM

I'm pretty sure it only happens on Droid. It took some seconds for the new eggs to usually appear on the nest. I've experienced this for every new eggs I succeeded in breeding.

NouraMoh
03-28-13, 04:20 AM
Now that happens to me every time I get a new egg!!
It takes a few seconds then the new egg appears in the nest

annbluebird
03-28-13, 04:34 AM
I'm pretty sure it only happens on Droid. It took some seconds for the new eggs to usually appear on the nest. I've experienced this for every new eggs I succeeded in breeding.

maybe some little lag. I had it too, seems to need some seconds to load. I think it s only a bug

MomsHouseofSweets
03-28-13, 06:29 AM

It's happened to me a few times. Has something to do with color splitting, I think.

Bisumenras
03-28-13, 08:28 AM
Well to every breeder, the best of luck!! It's tough but the only thing we can do is keep on trying so keep your spirits up!

annbluebird
03-28-13, 08:42 AM
Well to every breeder, the best of luck!! It's tough but the only thing we can do is keep on trying so keep your spirits up!

Amen ;)

Susyalba
03-28-13, 08:59 AM
Ok little rant, tried and tried to get mask, black level 9 (and 1/2) a pink. I even paid 10,000 food for boost, and have now used 700 gold speeding and breeding. No MORE!! This is supposed to be "rare" not IMPOSSIBLE!!

Susyalba
03-28-13, 09:03 AM
Ps the 10000 food "boost" was done twice! Has this worked out for anybody?! I wasted over 20,000 of my food not to mention trying to level up my night dragon, couldn't afford anymore than 9.5 at 10000 a "feed" c'mon,,,!! Team lava this is out of control.....as you laugh on your solid gold thrones....me crying at my stupidity...!!

sollia
03-28-13, 09:05 AM
To be fair, you didn't have to spend that much gold. That was your decision.

infinitelove19
03-28-13, 09:07 AM
...and if TL sticks to their new schedule, we'll have another new dragon in a couple of hours & a new contest.

At this point I hope it doesn't involve black or pink, because I can't seem to get them. So disappointed I haven't gotten mask (or moon or hunter or dark angel) & after seeing mask at a neighbor's island, I have to say I'm a little disappointed at the animation.

Back to wondering what the next dragon will be....

sand
03-28-13, 09:09 AM
Magnificent
Awesome
Spectacular
Kraken
!

infinitelove19
03-28-13, 09:15 AM
Magnificent
Awesome
Spectacular
Kraken
!

Did ya get it?!? (took me a sec, lol)

tonguelashing
03-28-13, 09:18 AM
Ok little rant, tried and tried to get mask, black level 9 (and 1/2) a pink. I even paid 10,000 food for boost, and have now used 700 gold speeding and breeding. No MORE!! This is supposed to be "rare" not IMPOSSIBLE!!

TL needs to fix their breeding rules...black and pink break down way too much. Pink didn't even used to break down this often. But once dark angel came out, everything changed and its ticked a lot of people off.

I'm out of the contest,. The only black hybrid I got, was a goblin dragon which I needed. Everything else was coral, winter, athletic, luck and one left heart. No pink hybrid even.

My fiancee playing on two different iOS accounts didn't get a single black or pink hybrid on either of them.

The contest time frame is too short. This is a money grabbing move...period and it's driving people away instead of to TL games.

Mani_Sari
03-28-13, 09:22 AM
Had 2900 gold to start with, was thinking of buying Dark Angel, but decided to gamble, maybe i'll get Mask in the process as well. And in the end. not even one of them lol, goodness i'm done with buying gold, even though they stuck a 30% sale in my face today. Must... Resist... Temptation haha.

sand
03-28-13, 09:24 AM
... after seeing mask at a neighbor's island, I have to say I'm a little disappointed at the animation.

Back to wondering what the next dragon will be....

True. No special moves. Ordinary walk (no strut); goes up; flaps wings; comes down. No aerial show. No gestures. Thank goodness it looks amazing standing still. Really nice details. I like the cape tail, the fins, rhino horn on its snout, crescent moon horns on its crown (black dragon signature) and the mystery symbol from its egg tattoed on the flanks. Very visually satisfying.

cedkugedchgd
03-28-13, 09:36 AM
True. No special moves. Ordinary walk (no strut); goes up; flaps wings; comes down. No aerial show. No gestures. Thank goodness it looks amazing standing still. Really nice details. I like the cape tail, the fins, rhino horn on its snout, crescent moon horns on its crown (black dragon signature) and the mystery symbol from its egg tattoed on the flanks. Very visually satisfying.

it moves exactly like the eagle dragon and that disappoints me a bit. i also think that the mask is waaay to thin, it should gain some weight :D

sand
03-28-13, 10:18 AM
I take back the "no strut." At epic, it does have what could be called a strut - a slow, deliberate, funky, you-know-you-wanna-be-me kind of swagger.

cedkugedchgd
03-28-13, 10:32 AM
the update should've been out 5 minutes ago...

Mani_Sari
03-28-13, 10:38 AM
the update should've been out 5 minutes ago...

Odd no update, I tend to get a gold sale the night before when something new is introduced the following day.

Susyalba
03-28-13, 02:02 PM
Well....to be fair.....I did say "crying at my own stupidity"........so yeah, I think that pretty much acknowledges that "was my decision". I thought it was self explanatory.

Susyalba
03-28-13, 02:06 PM
That's how I got sucked in , a "sale".....ahem, suckered more like it , at least I'm not, apparently the only one.

Mani_Sari
03-28-13, 11:52 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/tinatamad2001/525C1E9D-54B5-4751-88F2-8A4D4F79F702-34063-000029C1814A15F3.jpg

Finally! A day late for the contest, but wherever! Now back trying for a Mythic, but I keep getting Gold fails, better stop using diamond hybrids in the pairing lol. ^_^

tonguelashing
03-29-13, 10:39 AM
I just got this too! after soooo many breakdown fails and only one other hybrid (goblin) I finally got it, it's on my nest :-)

Mani_Sari
03-29-13, 11:36 AM
I just got this too! after soooo many breakdown fails and only one other hybrid (goblin) I finally got it, it's on my nest :-)

Congrats! Now to get this to epic, time to start planting lol.

sibl
03-29-13, 11:38 AM
Mask Dragon Mission Impossible. I give up. Thanks TL.

fattom19
03-29-13, 01:00 PM
Can anyone who got this give me some successful combos that got it besides just pink/black, any would be appreciated

mistywjd
03-29-13, 02:11 PM
Just got mask by using Moon/Virtue. was hoping to maybe get chocolate but surprised when i actually got mask!

Mani_Sari
03-29-13, 02:32 PM
Can anyone who got this give me some successful combos that got it besides just pink/black, any would be appreciated

Bat/Virtue and Night/Bubble, good luck.

nbella1414
03-31-13, 08:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/tinatamad2001/525C1E9D-54B5-4751-88F2-8A4D4F79F702-34063-000029C1814A15F3.jpg

Finally! A day late for the contest, but wherever! Now back trying for a Mythic, but I keep getting Gold fails, better stop using diamond hybrids in the pairing lol. ^_^

Your nests look great. I've been trying for old forever and you keep getting them as fails! :(

DragonTan1
04-07-13, 08:02 AM
I just got a Mask!! With Night & Tiny, my first black hybrid. It was very, very hard! A lot of fails before...

RotomGuy
04-07-13, 08:04 AM
Your nests look great. I've been trying for old forever and you keep getting them as fails! :(

Old Dragons. It's a Ponk hybrid. Impossible to get. (joking ;)

kooky panda
04-07-13, 08:32 AM
I just got a Mask!! With Night & Tiny, my first black hybrid. It was very, very hard! A lot of fails before...
Ohh thanks, I am going to try this combo!!

DragonTan1
04-07-13, 08:38 AM
Ohh thanks, I am going to try this combo!!

Goodluck, I also got Bubble with that combo.

esmeetje1990
04-07-13, 10:48 AM
No way this dragon is "rare" because I've been trying since it came out and all I get is stupid 12 hour fails...

DragonTan1
04-07-13, 09:13 PM
I just got another 2 Mask dragons...

Mask & Diamond = Mask
Night & Origami = Mask

I kept one and sold the other.

nbella1414
04-07-13, 09:23 PM
Nice. Now people are getting Masks back to back and I can't even get ONE. Grr!!!!

Congrats to u though. :)

DragonTan1
04-07-13, 09:33 PM
Nice. Now people are getting Masks back to back and I can't even get ONE. Grr!!!!

Thanks, but I only wanted one lol When I got the 11 hours with Mask is Diamond I was hoping for Kite (I don't even know if it's possible with that combo?) but then rolled my eyes when I saw it was Mask. I really would trade these dragons to my neighbors if it was an option.

kooky panda
04-08-13, 10:29 AM
Night & Origami = Mask

Hey thanks for this combo. First time trying this combo and got the Mask!!

annbluebird
04-08-13, 10:33 AM

I really would love to have one too.. :/

DragonTan1
04-08-13, 10:41 AM
Hey thanks for this combo. First time trying this combo and got the Mask!!

Nice, congrats! ;)

nbella1414
04-13-13, 06:51 PM
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing 11 hour breed times and thinking "this is finally it!"

Then BOOM!! Another Athletic!!!!! WTH! I'm so tired of trying for this dragon. And sick to death of getting back to back Luck fails.

GIVE ME THE MASK ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

Baraze
04-13-13, 06:53 PM
Im on the 30 plus try on ios and nada. Two tries on android and I get one! Boo! Aside from peacock this is one of my favorite dragons. So lovely. I keep getting lucks and corals.

nbella1414
04-13-13, 07:39 PM
It's sad. When I do finally get pink to stick... It's another bubble. They take forever. I have 2 and don't even like them.

esmeetje1990
04-14-13, 02:52 AM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one having enormous troubles to get this dragon... This weekend I got 4 Athletics back to back, so everytime I saw that 11 hours I thought, is this it then? But no, failure and disappointment time after time. I haven't even gotten one pink or black fail from it, only Winters, Left/Right Hearts, Wizards and Tuskers. I thought that last one was supposed to be more rare than the Mask, but I've already gotten three of them...

emc420
04-14-13, 03:02 AM
Got this one twice using night and bubble

DragonTan1
04-14-13, 03:26 AM
Got this one twice using night and bubble

I got it a couple of times too, it was the first black dragon I got, then x2 Goblin, x2 Illusion & x2 Deep, Bat & Moon once... DA, still working on that lol

wildhearts20
04-15-13, 12:43 PM
I still can't get this dragon, been trying for two weeks now, I did get a goblin out of it. But the rest have been commons.

salinho
04-15-13, 12:46 PM
I still can't get this dragon, been trying for two weeks now, I did get a goblin out of it. But the rest have been commons.

Lucky you! I got no black hybrids at all :(

wildhearts20
04-15-13, 12:47 PM
Lucky you! I got no black hybrids at all :(

Yeah, I couldn't believe it because Goblin is super rare. I guess I should be happy for what I get

DragonTan1
04-15-13, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I couldn't believe it because Goblin is super rare. I guess I should be happy for what I get

Goblin was the second black hybrid I got, Mask was first.... I thought Goblin would've been the hardest to get but I have 2. Hunter & DA are the last black hybrids I need.

esmeetje1990
04-18-13, 10:52 AM
Still don't have it... My 11 hours from this morning was of course an Athletic :/ Getting pretty sick of this "rare" dragon. I'm almost starting to think the Mask dragon just isn't even possible to get for me.

Baraze
04-18-13, 10:55 AM
Still don't have it... My 11 hours from this morning was of course an Athletic :/ Getting pretty sick of this "rare" dragon. I'm almost starting to think the Mask dragon just isn't even possible to get for me.

Last night I got 11 hours too! I was just smiling away and doing a happy dance too. I just knew is finally gotten my pretty dragon. I put it into the nest and my smile froze....it was a stinking athletic. Jeez!

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 11:10 AM
Last night I got 11 hours too! I was just smiling away and doing a happy dance too. I just knew is finally gotten my pretty dragon. I put it into the nest and my smile froze....it was a stinking athletic. Jeez!

A friend will find out if they got Mask or Athletic soon... I got about 3 Athletic before I got one, goodluck!

Lolas_Kryptonite
04-18-13, 11:45 AM
Any other combos other than virtue/night? My virtue and night are on time out for giving me repeated planets.

DragonTan1
04-18-13, 11:49 AM
Any other combos other than virtue/night? My virtue and night are on time out for giving me repeated planets.

You could try Night & Tiny if you need Moon too.

annbluebird
04-18-13, 11:58 AM
one of my neighbors had a mask with chocolate/bat

cathoney
04-24-13, 06:39 AM
I have been trying to get a mask dragon ever since they were introduced to the game, but all I have gotten is things like love dragons, a tusker dragon which is now incubating and several other strange things which have nothing to do with pink or black being bred together. I just do not get it

Brandy

aceblade
04-24-13, 06:41 AM
Sorry, Brandy. Some dragons frustrate me too.
:S

sweetstuff525
04-24-13, 06:44 AM
tell me about it i finally thought i got it last night since i got 11 hrs but then woke up put it in nest and it was a athelic

fitfunsparkle
04-24-13, 06:45 AM
I havent been able to get any of the night hybrids yet. They always break down their colors.

maxnono
04-24-13, 06:59 AM
Try to breed night and virtue

esmeetje1990
04-24-13, 07:08 AM
I'm having problems with the Mask dragon too :( have been trying since it came out but since last Thursday I've been trying for some other dragons which were all not a problem. Now back to Mask, and decided to start using Unicorn/Night. Got 11 hours just now but I bet it's just another Athletic...

anurulz
04-24-13, 10:24 AM
the only night hybrid i got till date is the moon dragon..havent gotten any other..the black splits up everytime to give me random dragons..

redskyjuice
04-24-13, 10:38 AM
Been trying for this too. I've used origami and night, chocolate and night, but mostly I use unicorn and night. I'm on attempt number 92 already...So far I've had 13 athletics that I hoped would be mask. Why can't they just let them stick! This is getting harder than getting Unicorn!!

bestiadrago
04-24-13, 11:40 AM
I have been trying to get a mask dragon ever since they were introduced to the game, but all I have gotten is things like love dragons, a tusker dragon which is now incubating and several other strange things which have nothing to do with pink or black being bred together. I just do not get it

BrandyMe too :(
Planet right now grrr

esmeetje1990
04-24-13, 12:19 PM
Annnd another Athletic on the nest... And 16hrs next. Another Charm, yippee...

stoogehunter
04-25-13, 12:31 AM
I finally got mask! Yay! I have been trying for it since it came out. So many fails using unicorn x night, virtue x night, tiny x night and chocolate x night. I finally got it with origami x night.

nbella1414
04-25-13, 01:10 AM
Congrats!! Still trying. I just put another athletic fail in the best. Sheesh. GIVE ME MY MASK!!!

*pouting*

esmeetje1990
04-25-13, 03:28 AM
I finally got mask! Yay! I have been trying for it since it came out. So many fails using unicorn x night, virtue x night, tiny x night and chocolate x night. I finally got it with origami x night.
Congrats! That must have been a really exciting moment :D

My Charm was followed by a Coral and then another Charm... :(

stoogehunter
04-25-13, 03:31 AM
I think it was more exciting than getting diamond.

DragonTan1
04-25-13, 08:06 AM
I think it was more exciting than getting diamond.

Congrats, I got Mask with Tiny/Night and another with Origami/Night. This was the second black hybrid I got and I was expectin it to be the hardest but Hunter was lol

salinho
04-25-13, 09:35 AM
This one's impossibleeeee

nbella1414
04-26-13, 01:17 AM
Seriously. I've been trying for a MONTH. Yes I've gotten others in between but it's always Mask I'm trying for. A month??? And how much Gold??? It's not right that I'm actually jealous when I visit islands with Mask. It's the only one Ive truly wanted since Dark Angel.

anhtitbeo
04-27-13, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new around here and I'm trying for a Mask as well. I just want to ask whether a diamond could be a fail from breeding night x virtue (because it's a 4 colors combo as a fail)? Has anyone got diamond as a fail from that combo?

1cherryblossom
04-28-13, 03:31 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new around here and I'm trying for a Mask as well. I just want to ask whether a diamond could be a fail from breeding night x virtue (because it's a 4 colors combo as a fail)? Has anyone got diamond as a fail from that combo?
Night and virtue are just 2 colours, even though they may split when breeding. If you like to try for mask while trying for diamond, why don't you put night hybrid and pink hybrid to make 4 colours? Haven't heard of anyone getting diamond from just night and virtue.

esmeetje1990
04-28-13, 04:52 AM
Seriously. I've been trying for a MONTH. Yes I've gotten others in between but it's always Mask I'm trying for. A month??? And how much Gold??? It's not right that I'm actually jealous when I visit islands with Mask. It's the only one Ive truly wanted since Dark Angel.

It's the same for me :( And lately I'm getting a lot of Charm fails, whereas I used to get more Winters... It just seems like this dragon isn't even in the mix for me...

I did get a few good fails though! A Dream, a Goblin, and just now a Bubble! Didn't have those 3 yet so that's good :) But still a Mask would be so much better!

bestiadrago
04-28-13, 04:55 AM
Finally got it yesterday! Really hard one

salinho
04-28-13, 05:47 AM
Finally got it yesterday! Really hard one

Congrats! I have tried for Mask for a couple of weeks with no luck, I really want it... I think i need a new night dragon, it's probably defective since I haven't been able to breed a single night hybrid xD

salinho
04-28-13, 05:49 AM
Night and virtue are just 2 colours, even though they may split when breeding. If you like to try for mask while trying for diamond, why don't you put night hybrid and pink hybrid to make 4 colours? Haven't heard of anyone getting diamond from just night and virtue.

But isn't is possible, though? Because they seem to split like crazy, so there's always a chance that night/virtue split into water/magic/light/fire, thus making the four colors for diamond...

If one is lucky enough. XD

RotomGuy
04-28-13, 05:52 AM
But isn't is possible, though? Because they seem to split like crazy, so there's always a chance that night/virtue split into water/magic/light/fire, thus making the four colors for diamond...

If one is lucky enough. XD

The colours it splits into aren't "whole colours". They aren't enough to make a Diamond, unfortunately.

salinho
04-28-13, 05:56 AM
The colours it splits into aren't "whole colours". They aren't enough to make a Diamond, unfortunately.

Boo hoo. Sod it. Sod sod sod sod soddity sod sod sod. :(

RotomGuy
04-28-13, 05:59 AM
Boo hoo. Sod it. Sod sod sod sod soddity sod sod sod. :(

So actually, getting a Diamond is harder with splitters in the combo because you have to rely on them not splitting.

nbella1414
04-29-13, 03:55 PM
I think the only time pink didn't split for me I got bubble. 3 times. In all the times I've tried only 3 times pink didn't split. I feel like my island is Mask Proofed.

sunkalito
04-29-13, 04:40 PM
I think the only time pink didn't split for me I got bubble. 3 times. In all the times I've tried only 3 times pink didn't split. I feel like my island is Mask Proofed.

Three times? I didn't even get that lucky!

itzjulezzz
05-03-13, 01:49 AM
whats the best pair for this?

cedkugedchgd
05-03-13, 05:49 AM
whats the best pair for this?

there's no best pair for this :) many people got it with simple night + virtue, but a friend of mine has tried that combo about 30 times and didn't get it. then trying for diamond with bat and chocolate, she got it on 1st try :)