PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Install/Update Dragon Story, Dragon Story Easter

aestraea
03-25-13, 07:57 AM
I've been prompted in-game to install the Dragon Story: Easter version, but whenever I try to install it I get an error in the Google Play store: "Dragon Story: Easter cannot be installed (error 499)" I also get the same error when I try to update my regular Dragon Story game as well.

However, I don't have issues installing other apps on my phone, updating/playing other Teamlava games, or playing the two versions of Dragon Story that is currently installed on my phone (regular and Valentine). Any ideas what this error is?

Phone: Sony Xperia Ray
Android 4.0.4

FrozenTurtle
03-25-13, 10:11 AM
You might try clearing the cache on your device and in Google Play.

aestraea
03-25-13, 10:39 AM
^ Thanks for the reply. I tried that before I made my post...cleared cache for my phone, and cleared data for Google Play and Dragon Story. Restarted my phone a few times yesterday and today. Still not working :( Any other suggestions?

DaojinWildfire
03-25-13, 12:01 PM
It looks like the device is unable to support the application's file size. Don't reinstall the game in case you're unable to install the same version again since the updated base version may have a larger file size as well. The development team is aware of the issue and investigating on a resolution. We will most likely need to update with a smaller file size before you can install the latest version on your device.

aestraea
03-25-13, 12:51 PM
Ahh alright. I'll wait for the updated versions then. Any idea if they will come out soon, or after Easter is over?

Thanks again to both of you for your help!

DaojinWildfire
03-25-13, 04:42 PM
Sorry, I don't really have an ETA, but when we submit apps to Google Play, they usually only take a few hours to show up in the store. So it'll depend on how the engineers approach the fix and when they can submit an update.

sand
04-06-13, 10:01 AM
I'm on an iPhone 4. I've been trying without success for the past 2 weeks to download the update of the iOS Dragon Story.
The download hangs for over an hour then fails completely. I don't think my iOS version is the problem because I didn't get an OS incompatibility message. I considered deleting the game and downloading afresh; but I wouldn't want to try that and wind up with NO Dragon Story able to download. What do you suggest? I'm left out of all the recent features.