PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Poll and Suggestion Thread - 3/20/13

maguar
03-25-13, 12:34 AM
Vote for the items you'd like to see in your kingdom. You can vote for multiple items but you can only vote once.

Is there an item/building or decoration missing? Add your suggestion here. It might be included in the next poll in two weeks time. Please give me plenty of these suggestions so I've got lots of options to choose from for the next poll.

Just a reminder that Mothers Day and May Day are coming up.

If you've got a gameplay suggestion you can also add it here. Please note that these will not be included in a poll. They will be passed along.

There have been lots of great gameplay suggestions. Pretty please can you make sure to include suggestions for items, decorations etc as well.

You can also add your opinion in the thread requesting more gift options or this one on gem confirmations. For info on the upcoming March update check out this thread.

blurbie
03-25-13, 01:06 AM
I have no idea what a summer house is? A fishing house? House in the woods? I would go for a gingerbread house, though! It could be more of a dollhouse looking thing with flowers painted on the soffets. Is that a summerhouse?

There are a lot of buildings. I want things other than buildings. How about a hammock?

You know, a village would always be full of children. These kingdoms are so sterile. There is no evidence of children at all. How sad!

blurbie
03-25-13, 01:11 AM
Yes, PLEASE, pretty please, add a confirmation to gem spending? I had 102 waiting for the update stuff and 20 were wasted while I was scrolling to my workshop (it sped up my conservatory that I had just collected.) Phooey! I bought some and saved some and now haven't got enough at all. Sigh!

maguar
03-25-13, 01:16 AM
I have no idea what a summer house is? A fishing house? House in the woods? I would go for a gingerbread house, though! It could be more of a dollhouse looking thing with flowers painted on the soffets. Is that a summerhouse?

There are a lot of buildings. I want things other than buildings. How about a hammock?

You know, a village would always be full of children. These kingdoms are so sterile. There is no evidence of children at all. How sad!

Something about the combination of a gingerbread house and no evidence of children makes me think to the baron in chitty chitty bang bang.

blurbie
03-25-13, 01:30 AM
Hahaha! Yes, then we would need an ice cream shop with a cage in the back. Dreadful!
I wouldn't put it past that nasty Baron.

blurbie
03-25-13, 01:34 AM
My kingdom would like a teeter-totter, or rocking toys, or a spinning wheel or slippery slide, perhaps. And static children on these things while they rock or spin. Clicking on them should make sounds of children playing. That would be a relief. My kingdom's children are all in the cottages playing video games instead of getting sunbeams and fresh air.

Mylly2
03-25-13, 02:03 AM
The butterflies made me think of bees and beehives. Beehives could be used along with our flowers and trees and produce honey for new recipes.

NayanPrakash
03-25-13, 02:23 AM
I love all the ideas people have given above me!I would also appreciate it if we could gift more than 3 people a day. And the rate of mermaid scales should be increased! Maybe we could get those from the diamond waterfall?

turtle805
03-25-13, 07:09 AM
It would be nice if we can have more walls soon. As we expand further 99 walls/towers/gates limits what you can do.

jaybay1147
03-25-13, 08:31 AM
I'm a pre-teen. :c Are all you people adults? *shiver*

journeysmom
03-25-13, 11:57 AM
:) I was a pre-teen 44 years ago!

brandonu
03-25-13, 12:50 PM
A dragon would be a nice addition to the game

CottageRose
03-25-13, 03:17 PM
It would be really nice if the ponds worked similar to walls - automagically joining multiple adjacent ponds into a single larger pond or lake. :)

graciemarie1
03-25-13, 03:50 PM
A dragon would be a nice addition to the game

Absolutely love that idea!!!

hmgdanielson
03-25-13, 04:12 PM
Dragon? Yeah. That would be awesome!

olcastle
03-25-13, 09:37 PM
I know it's too late but it would be cool if chickens give colored eggs on Easter.

olcastle
03-25-13, 09:40 PM
I wish the Purple cow will be more useful.
We worked hard to get it but now I don't even touch it because it's total waste of energy.

Elen4070
03-25-13, 09:52 PM
Pet dragons!

blurbie
03-25-13, 10:15 PM
Olcastle, you should collect from your purple cow each time! She gives purple hide sometimes, purple ink often, and gems on occasion!

A dragon is okay but I don't mind a pterodactyl that swoops down for farm animals, or stealing roast chickens, that Thurston can shoot at with the ballista.

marrrina
03-26-13, 05:22 AM
I love these ideas but more than anything I want expansions. My kingdom is too crowded.

angela3737
03-26-13, 05:35 AM
I would love a pretty greenhouse building that when you collect it will give you random crops . I also love the ideas above of waterfall giving scales and ponds attaching line walls..of course more gift giving ..lol.

olcastle
03-26-13, 11:20 AM
Olcastle, you should collect from your purple cow each time! She gives purple hide sometimes, purple ink often, and gems on occasion!

I used to do it, so I'm almost maxed on ink, petals and glimmerbulbs. Purple hides are useless and gems are TOO rare.

olcastle
03-26-13, 11:25 AM
I love these ideas but more than anything I want expansions. My kingdom is too crowded.

Two more days :)

HauntedMemories2
03-26-13, 06:45 PM
Mermaid Pond - where we can get lots of scales and water.
:)
How about upgrading the troll pit to a sap pit where we could reap buckets of sap once or twice a day?
:)
And I'd love to give more than three gifts per day.

zamczysko
03-27-13, 06:27 AM
Can we add conformation before speeding up? I'm sick of gem traps! Please!!!!

blurbie
03-27-13, 07:37 AM
Yes, please!! I lost 20 gems the other day and lost 16 more last night. I was saving for a carriage or a tinker's camp and now they are gone. Had to play another game for hours to recoup 15. But I will still be short gems, and I can't bear to play any more Slots (the most boring game ever... but I needed the gems).

mamareader02
03-27-13, 08:25 AM
Would love it if we had a building for shorter adventures(of course the goody haul would be less than castle),and for town square I would like it if we could trade surplus goods for ones we need,but maybe on a 5:1 ratio,ex-5 fish for 1 mermaid scale,something like that

xtcinla11
03-27-13, 11:09 AM
What I would really like to see happen is that if you get energy from things like the castle or sir piggy, that you get to keep all of it if the total amount goes over your max, like when you level up. Today, I wasn't paying attention and clicked on the castle when I had 26/30 energies, so I lost most of what I got from exploring the dark caves - bummer

redstarfishy
03-27-13, 11:44 AM
I would really love the ability to turn off pop ups when you first start the game. I won't buy gems, so it pointless to tell me there is a "sale" now. I rarely have new messages/new visitors, so it's silly to show me my inbox--nothing is new! I don't care for their latest "cool" game that they want me to download, mainly because it seems like a sad attempt for them to get numbers for their other games. It would be one thing if I was subjected to this annoyance once a day, but I get it every single time I log in. It always seems to happen that I wait a heart beat, don't see any pop up, start clicking on the items, and then I get hit with all the pop ups, missing what was harvested.

Em_storm
03-27-13, 12:33 PM
Gem confirmation: absolutely! The ability to gift more than 3 people a day would be brilliant. Even 5 a day would help.

A Village Square can already be fashioned from the items we already have available, so what would be the significance of the proposed one?

Can we milk the goats to make cheese?

Will closed gates decrease the number of beasts visiting? That would be a plus.

Em_storm
03-27-13, 12:36 PM
Can we use sap for syrup and make some pancakes/ flapjacks (flour, eggs, and milk)? I know we already have a breakfast to craft, but it's just a thought. We could make apple juice instead of orange juice to go with...

liliputlane
03-28-13, 12:48 PM
Stable with horses for adventures...

AmeliaDashwood
03-28-13, 12:54 PM
I second the idea of beehives for honey...that would be fantastic. (Plus a use for the honey!) A dragon was a good idea too, maybe for Kingdom Defenses?
I also liked the idea of some static figures...just to make the place seem less empty! so many buildings, so few people! Farmers pitching hay, villagers, children...

Em_storm
03-28-13, 02:18 PM
Can we use sap for syrup and make some pancakes/ flapjacks (flour, eggs, and milk)? I know we already have a breakfast to craft, but it's just a thought. We could make apple juice instead of orange juice to go with...

Just thought of a name for the goal: "Ivy's House of Pancakes."

Em_storm
03-28-13, 02:19 PM
I second the idea of beehives for honey...that would be fantastic. (Plus a use for the honey!) A dragon was a good idea too, maybe for Kingdom Defenses?
I also liked the idea of some static figures...just to make the place seem less empty! so many buildings, so few people! Farmers pitching hay, villagers, children...

Beehives and honey= awesome :)

arwenaessedai
03-30-13, 03:17 AM
Could we have:
-Fence to put the animals in pens
- Horses
- The windmill should drop flour
- The sawmill should drop water
- Town square (with a fountain in the middle)
- Possibility to upgrade Ivy's house, the tabernum and the magic garden so they drop more often
- More levels of upgrade beyond the fifth for example for the library could we keep upgrading it to level 10 for example?
- Upgrades that increase the size of the drop instead of shortening the time to collection
- I'd like Thurston to actually fight beside me (for example when fighting a troll)
- Possibility to buy more than one Sir Pigglesworth
- I'd like a "road" but made of river, so I could put them all around my castle and make a moat. Then I'd need a bridge of course :)
- More random inhabitants walking around (like the customers in Bakery story)
- The animals could also walk around
- It would be nice if we could store some buildings in order to get more of another type of building. For example I'd like to store my forge and love shack in order to get a third and fourth workshop
- Old Thomas, Ivy and Thurston could walk into parts of the wood that are not cleared yet, then they'd call for help and you'd have to expand to go get them back
- I'd like to have the caracter of Agnes in my kingdom
- Could we read the books (old book, book of spells? ) I'd like to read the prophecy for example
- and of course the possibility to gift more than 3 people a day

wassupbaby
03-30-13, 04:15 AM
In fact, the windmill does drop flour

arwenaessedai
03-30-13, 01:59 PM

Oh good! That makes sense

BeYaaz
03-30-13, 06:34 PM
I think the energy level should be more then 30

maguar
03-30-13, 07:08 PM

There's a 20% chance from each collection.

onemansmiracle
03-31-13, 10:29 AM
can we have some new functions to categorize our neighbors?for exemple,to select a few neighbors into a category of (favorite neighbors),so it's easier to find a specific someone. Now I have a growing number of 800 neighbors,I find its impossible to find the exact ppl....takes a lot of time. Wouldn't that a good suggestion?

midnightmeerkat
03-31-13, 12:25 PM
can we have some new functions to categorize our neighbors?for exemple,to select a few neighbors into a category of (favorite neighbors),so it's easier to find a specific someone. Now I have a growing number of 800 neighbors,I find its impossible to find the exact ppl....takes a lot of time. Wouldn't that a good suggestion?

Sounds like a good one for the suggestions thread

03-31-13, 01:52 PM
I think that the idea for children would be a great because my kingdom is soooo empty. Also, I think it would be kind of cool if Ivy's sister Belladona could visit or something since she is included in one of the goals. I like the idea of beehives too. Also, there are somethings that we grow in the fields, like glimmerbulbs and cabbage, that don't get used in anything so once you max out, there is nothing you can do. I would love the new update with the trade center, that was just fantastic! I think horses would be a good addition and maybe some other animals like maybe a cat or dog that could be a companion.

03-31-13, 01:53 PM
I have never gotten any flour from the windmill.

gwcastle
03-31-13, 02:08 PM
This is a great suggestion. Now I gave up finding neighbors from the list. I just visited people who exchange gift or visit me often from the news list.

blurbie
03-31-13, 02:14 PM
I am a little hoping there will be an April Fool's joke in our kngdoms!

mystoryzoozoo
03-31-13, 03:59 PM
I would be great to be able to sort by level and social rating too. If we could mark favourites, or chose order, Id also like that.

maguar
03-31-13, 04:16 PM
I've moved the neighbour categorisation suggestion into the suggestion thread.

wassupbaby
03-31-13, 05:05 PM
I have a feeling that the next character is Belladonna aka hairy lady .

maguar
03-31-13, 05:13 PM
I have a feeling that the next character is Belladonna aka hairy lady .

But Ivy said that she wore black and had a pointy hat. The hairy lady looks more like a princess to me than a witch.

wassupbaby
03-31-13, 06:50 PM
But Ivy said that she wore black and had a pointy hat. The hairy lady looks more like a princess to me than a witch.

Well,Who knows ? But you remember how ivy was in tree form , sir thomas in goat form, knight thurston without pants ...right, right ? I mean ,you dont get the complete character right away in the first place right, there's always a story about them :)

SpuriousNotion
03-31-13, 09:30 PM
Suggestions: I would love the gem confirmation feature as well as the ability to gift more often! Also, one thing I found silly is that I still need to beat a skunkupine with a wooden sword when I spent considerable time forging Excalibam! It seems like each more powerful weapon to fight the next level of creature should have a benefit fighting the previous one, so for example, the cleaver reduces the maximum number of swings by one needed to **** a skunkupine. The enchanted sword or better means only one hit needed for that creature.
Objects/Buildings: A barrow mound, probably part of an adventure initially, that releases a ghost when opened that you must fight.
A school building and perhaps a university building after that. Maybe they give a random drop of some kind.
May Day was mentioned, so a Maypole to go along with the town square idea.
Horses would be nice, a requirement to move the carriage. I was hoping that these would be moving around the kingdom if there are roads!
I thought I had seen a picture of a campfire in one of the update teasers. That or a bonfire could be interesting as decoration.
Merchant stalls, not necessarily to buy from, but to look nice and maybe collect a small amount of gold occasionally.
Perhaps ability to buy townspeople to walk around, minstrels to play and acrobats and jugglers to perform.
I can't think of anything else right now, but after months of playing I am sure I have temporarily forgotten about some good ideas!

maguar
04-01-13, 12:09 AM
Well,Who knows ? But you remember how ivy was in tree form , sir thomas in goat form, knight thurston without pants ...right, right ? I mean ,you dont get the complete character right away in the first place right, there's always a story about them :)

True that could be it. However all the fairy tales I read growing up have have lead to me to believe that woman with really long hair in castles are princesses so I'll stick with that. Either way a new character is going to be exciting. I just hope Thomas stays true to Ivy.

wassupbaby
04-01-13, 03:43 AM
What do you mean "thomas stays true to ivy" ? I looked up the internet for the meaning but not sure that i got it right.

clarabesked
04-01-13, 04:41 AM
Tables and chairs to place outside the tavern.

elaur
04-01-13, 06:11 AM
What I would really like to see happen is that if you get energy from things like the castle or sir piggy, that you get to keep all of it if the total amount goes over your max, like when you level up. Today, I wasn't paying attention and clicked on the castle when I had 26/30 energies, so I lost most of what I got from exploring the dark caves - bummer

This is even happening with the royal exchange now. If other that I was doing energy and collect from it because I'm excited about it. I wish I could do the castle and exchange without having to use up my energy. Maybe we could pick up the bolts and use them at will. That would be cool.

Could I suggest a small description of each thing we are voting for? I never really know what they mean or would give. I think it would help the voting too since I think people vote for the ones they understand.

Em_storm
04-01-13, 09:10 AM

And the title of that one is...That's So Ravenwood.

MysteryBakery123
04-01-13, 01:17 PM
I think there should be a better way to get energy, and a shorter timer on when one unit of energy is automatically added. Not everyone has the money to spend on gems.

Also-- and I'm very early in the game, so I know it might be in there already and I just haven't gotten to it yet-- I think there should be workers who do the more mundane tasks in the kingdom, such as farmers who work on the crops and animals, or the ability to have multiple playable characters with their individual energy meters and the ability to switch between them in a Sims-like fashion. After all, how can a king or queen run a kingdom when he/she's doing everything her/himself?

elaur
04-01-13, 02:05 PM
Another suggestion which I wonder if I should start another thread for is please let us see the list of recipes from the crafting buildings and how many resources we have for them.

That way we wouldn't have to remember recipes and search through inventory to see if we have what we need for a crafting recipe. Pleeease!!!!

maguar
04-01-13, 03:04 PM
What do you mean "thomas stays true to ivy" ? I looked up the internet for the meaning but not sure that i got it right.

Oops I meant Thurston. I hope he doesn't start falling for a new female character.

wassupbaby
04-01-13, 04:13 PM
That makes sense now , i mean,thomas is little old isnt he lol.

maguar
04-02-13, 03:42 AM
That makes sense now , i mean,thomas is little old isnt he lol.

And he's got Agnes

WylieCoyote869
04-02-13, 06:36 PM
Adult on the outside. The day I grow up is the day I die.

graciemarie1
04-02-13, 07:09 PM
Adult on the outside. The day I grow up is the day I die.

Amen! Didn't know this was an age restricted game *shiver*

memphistomboy
04-02-13, 08:07 PM
Please keep it medieval. Kingdoms, knights, caves, adventures! TeamLava has plenty of "cute" elements in other games.
Easier expansions would help but it seems they just got more complicated !! I too, am running out of space!!!

FaithEternal
04-02-13, 08:23 PM
It would be really nice if the ponds worked similar to walls - automagically joining multiple adjacent ponds into a single larger pond or lake. :)

Awesome idea!

gertbigone
04-03-13, 07:58 AM
As we now have the exchange it would be great if the storage limit was increased from 99 per item to maybe 150/200, especially as the trades upgrade and need large amounts of some items

f16rabid2
04-04-13, 12:31 PM
More crops with more uses. For example, hops to male ale for the tavern. Cucumbers, to make pickles for some new Ivy recipe. Grapes, for wine, also for the tavern. Etc.

FrogsyLu
04-04-13, 03:52 PM
- Fruit Trade Suggestion -

Well Im really dissapointed with the fruit upgrades!

My suggestion is that we have the possibility of keep the 3 different types of fruit trades with different rewards maybe lower rewards for the less "rare". With the first upgrade I was like "Uff have to harvest glimmerbulb" but was fine but now with the magic fruit I feel it's totally dissapointing.

At first the trades were easy because we had a lot in stock since we had not upgrades for a long time but now I just have just a few stuff and my trade building is not working.

Also the more practical trade was the fruit one but when the glimmerbulb appear in the scene I spend all my energy harvesting! I feel like I'm playing a farm game instead of castle story. You know what I mean.

I am sad I was very excited with the first fruit trade and now I'm not sure ... I also have a life and thinking about expand or get the new building will take me months that is VERY discouraging. I like the game is challenging but I think already is with the energy gap and the drop rate for many stuff.

Not to mention all the experience stars wasted since I'm level 30.

:(

maguar
04-05-13, 04:58 AM
Experience still increases when you get to level 30. You can see this by looking at your profile. If they increase the cap you'll jump to a new level.

maguar
04-05-13, 05:11 AM
Thanks for your suggestions. I've started the new poll and suggestion thread here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49349-Castle-Story-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-4-3-13).