PDA

View Full Version : Can you play on two iPads using the same ID and progress?

laylotx
03-23-13, 11:48 PM
I have lots of dragons and habitats and do not want to lose them. My son would like to work in my game too using his iPad but from what I can see, when we download DS to his iPad, even though we share the same Apple acct, it doesn't show any of my progress and starts back at level one.

Is there a way to have the same DS, same StormID, level, quests, etc. on two iPads?

Thanks!
LayloTX

tonguelashing
03-24-13, 12:01 AM
I have lots of dragons and habitats and do not want to lose them. My son would like to work in my game too using his iPad but from what I can see, when we download DS to his iPad, even though we share the same Apple acct, it doesn't show any of my progress and starts back at level one.

Is there a way to have the same DS, same StormID, level, quests, etc. on two iPads?

Thanks!
LayloTX

no, not to be able to play at the same time...Also given the problems of many children playing on their parents' accounts (accidentally buying things, deleting things, etc) I would keep it at a separate ID and just help him along with it until he gets the hang of it.

Make sure you add each other as neighbors and send gold to one another, good way to guarantee 1 gold per day (I did that with my son who plays on his iPod touch).

laylotx
03-24-13, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!

We're fine to not play at the same time but I don't see how my progress can show up on his iPad and vice versa. I tried to input my Storm ID on his but it says the name is taken (duh). Then I tried to make sure we both were logged into my FB acct and it allowed that but still didn't bring over my progress. Is there a way to link the two DS downloads? We do this with The Simpsons, where he works on part of it during the morning and I work on it at night. I just need to know if this game has that ability and, if so, where can I find the directions on how to load my DS onto his iPad.

The other thing I thought of was that I may want to view my game from my iPhone but will I have the same issue there as well?

DragonTan1
03-24-13, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!

We're fine to not play at the same time but I don't see how my progress can show up on his iPad and vice versa. I tried to input my Storm ID on his but it says the name is taken (duh). Then I tried to make sure we both were logged into my FB acct and it allowed that but still didn't bring over my progress. Is there a way to link the two DS downloads? We do this with The Simpsons, where he works on part of it during the morning and I work on it at night. I just need to know if this game has that ability and, if so, where can I find the directions on how to load my DS onto his iPad.

The other thing I thought of was that I may want to view my game from my iPhone but will I have the same issue there as well?

It seems it will be an issue for you, the only way you can transfer in minutes is if the device you want to transfer to does not have a Storm8 ID... If it does you will have to email Teamlava and they will do it for you but can take a few days. :/

kooky panda
03-24-13, 08:09 AM

Thanks!
LayloTX

You can only play a game on one device at a time. There is an option to transfer games , but this option is there for when players get new devices and need to transfer their games to their new device. The transfer option is not there to continuously transfer your games back and forth.

kms899
03-24-13, 02:21 PM
what happens to the old unit once the game is transfered, and what happens if you have both units logged on at the same time when the game has been transferred.

midnightmeerkat
03-24-13, 02:27 PM
what happens to the old unit once the game is transfered, and what happens if you have both units logged on at the same time when the game has been transferred.

Simple answer to your question is no you can not play the same game on 2 devices....... One game, one device

DragonTan1
03-24-13, 02:38 PM

Once you transfer to the new device the old device has NO Storm8 ID.. so you can play DS after the transfer, but none of your saved data will be there.

kms899
03-24-13, 02:45 PM
Once you transfer to the new device the old device has NO Storm8 ID.. so you can play DS after the transfer, but none of your saved data will be there.

so you are free to install a new copy of DS with a new id, is this correct.

sehana
03-24-13, 03:08 PM
so you are free to install a new copy of DS with a new id, is this correct.
Yes. after the transfer, the old device will have no ID and so you can create a new ID

kms899
03-24-13, 03:27 PM
Yes. after the transfer, the old device will have no ID and so you can create a new ID

thanks to all.

jellypie200
03-24-13, 03:44 PM
Yes of course you can with the storm8 I'd transfer

salinho
03-24-13, 03:58 PM
The transfer option is not there to continuously transfer your games back and forth.

But it can be done... Mwahahaha. :p

DragonTan1
03-24-13, 04:06 PM
But it can be done... Mwahahaha. :p

True lol

CuddlyDragon
03-24-13, 04:33 PM
Support will monitor transfers. If you are transferring accounts back and forth they will eventually deny you a transfer.

You can only play one account per device. :)