PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal vs limited

hamadrys
03-23-13, 06:08 PM
If this has been discussed and answered in another thread, I apologize. I just couldn't find the info I was looking for.
I took a peek at the updated egg chart tonight and noticed a lot of dragons are marked as seasonal. Snowman became limited, but that we already knew.
Question is : What does seasonal mean ?
Does seasonal become limited later ?

Here is the link for the updated egg chart :
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide

sollia
03-23-13, 06:14 PM
Here's my guess as to what that means. Limited means it went away or we have been notified it's going away. I think the ones marked "seasonal" are dragons that are expected to go away due to their seasonal nature but are not being removed yet.

doop01
03-23-13, 06:16 PM
I downloaded the updated egg chart today too and I did notice that. I'm thinking that seasonal does mean they won't be sticking around forever. I think elf might be next to go after snowman, then maybe fireworks. Anyway, hope someone can tell us for sure if that's what it means

hamadrys
03-23-13, 06:17 PM
Sollia, that is what I think too. I just saw it tonight though. I never thought Left + Right + Passion were seasonal, but they are. I better crack the whip to get Passion, Chocolate and Easter. Aaaargh !

doop01
03-23-13, 06:21 PM
The Xmas ones have been around for a few months so hopefully the others stay here for that long too. Give people a good amount of time to get them at least

sollia
03-23-13, 06:33 PM
I didn't notice that about Left and Right. I was pretty sure it had been said they weren't going. Hmm.

kwhales
03-23-13, 06:37 PM
I am surprised left and right hearts and passion is marked as seasonal. Weird that they would make a new icon in the market for a dragon that was leaving. I thought it was a new color. Oh well.

sollia
03-23-13, 06:51 PM
I am surprised left and right hearts and passion is marked as seasonal. Weird that they would make a new icon in the market for a dragon that was leaving. I thought it was a new color. Oh well.

Well that could be a sign that there will be future sets of dragons similar to Left and Right and Passion and all dragons like that will have that icon.

But I'm still fairly sure they said L/R/P wasn't going anywhere.

topherocious
03-23-13, 07:38 PM
I think they're keeping "seasonal" dragons around for their seasons after the short time for the past ones. The Hiliday ones (Snowman and Elf) are Winter like dragons. Now that it is Spring, they're retiring. Soon Fireworks will join and possibly Cupid. Four Leaf and Easter might stick around until Summer comes about.

kurebiz
03-23-13, 08:14 PM
if only the halloween ones stayed around for as long as the holiday ones. -_-

kooky panda
03-23-13, 08:28 PM
Seasonal implies that it was released for a specific season but DOES NOT imply that it is limited.

sehana
03-23-13, 10:29 PM
You are all correct... :)
Limited is basically labeled as Limited by TL and have been removed and will be removed as stated by TL

Seasonal or Special (haven't really decided what to officially use) is from the website meaning that it is a seasonal item and may be removed, but not announced by TL that it is Limited.
On the website, it is my way of saying that they may be removed as most "seasonal/holiday" items are removed either after the season or at the end of the year.

Sorry for the mix up or confusion :)
The labels are really part of the website (http://bit.ly/11CJsCe) terms as a heads up :p

salinho
03-24-13, 03:04 AM
Thanks, Kooky and Sehana. :)
i personally think seasonal is more adequate. So basically, seasonal can imply that at any goven moment, at the end of that season that the dragon is allusive to, TL may decide to make the dragon unbreedable? Guess it makes sense. Then people don't know whether to rush for it or not. XD

RotomGuy
03-24-13, 03:13 AM
For those saying that they said the L/R/P wouldn't be going, they said that about Snowman and Elf too. They probably changed their mind after enough player feedback, and I'm glad. That tab is annoying.

FrozenTurtle
03-25-13, 10:19 AM
To clarify what has already been said, Seasonal does not imply it will be removed. It only indicates that it was released during a specific season.

poisonoushades
07-09-13, 05:53 PM
To clarify what has already been said, Seasonal does not imply it will be removed. It only indicates that it was released during a specific season.

Well, if that's the case...shouldn't ALL of the dragons be considered seasonal? I mean, it's always one season or another no matter what time of year it is...so should we be worried that they might eventually be removed? Seasons come and go..so we can only assume the exact same for the seasonal dragons.

hamadrys
07-09-13, 05:55 PM
All the ones that have been labelled "seasonals" in the past have been removed, so it's not very reassuring.

kwhales
07-09-13, 06:24 PM
All the ones that have been labelled "seasonals" in the past have been removed, so it's not very reassuring.

…and the ones never seasonal or limited are gone. "weeps silently"

Takiofallen
07-09-13, 06:28 PM
firework dragon came back because of the season limited means it will not

poisonoushades
07-09-13, 06:31 PM
all the ones that have been labelled "seasonals" in the past have been removed, so it's not very reassuring.

exactly!!!

apehero
07-10-13, 12:29 AM
I think seasonal means that they'll come back again. And limited means that they are going away.

sehana
07-10-13, 10:57 AM
Seasonal (website (http://bit.ly/11CJsCe)label/not "officially" TL) = just means that it may be removed sometime or another.

You are all correct... :)
Limited is basically labeled as Limited by TL and have been removed and will be removed as stated by TL

Seasonal or Special (haven't really decided what to officially use) is from the website meaning that it is a seasonal item and may be removed, but not announced by TL that it is Limited.
On the website, it is my way of saying that they may be removed as most "seasonal/holiday" items are removed either after the season or at the end of the year.

Sorry for the mix up or confusion :)
The labels are really part of the website (http://bit.ly/11CJsCe) terms as a heads up :p

kwhales
07-10-13, 02:57 PM
They just changed the game guide. Stone family is now green boxed. Meaning 'special dragon may be removed' Hmmm. TL is covering all basis. Now they have this green box, the yellow box - seasonal/possibly limited, and the blue box - limited.

knj00
07-10-13, 03:04 PM
They just changed the game guide. Stone family is now green boxed. Meaning 'special dragon may be removed' Hmmm. TL is covering all basis. Now they have this green box, the yellow box - seasonal/possibly limited, and the blue box - limited.

TL has nothing to do with the egg chart so the boxes are not done by TL. The Egg chart in the guide is done by Sehana and not with information provided by TL. She is just a wonderful player helping the people by providing the chart.

kwhales
07-10-13, 03:05 PM
TL has nothing to do with the egg chart so the boxes are not done by TL. The Egg chart in the guide is done by Sehana and not with information provided by TL. She is just a wonderful player helping the people by providing the chart.

I know Sehana does it. Wonderful job by the way. But I thought she got the okay to add stuff and change stuff from mods and CM's.

knj00
07-10-13, 03:07 PM
I know Sehana does it. Wonderful job by the way. But I thought she got the okay to add stuff and change stuff from mods and CM's.

Nope and I'm sure when she sees this she will confirm that for you. :)

sehana
07-10-13, 03:45 PM
Thank you :)

Just to confirm :)
No, I don't get any confirmation or word from TL or by mods on what to change or not change.
I just notice and read that some people may still get confused as to what the colored borders/labels mean.
The borders/labels/colors have nothing to do with TL unless TL specifies in-game that they are limited, which are then marked with the Light Blue Limited border/label.

The "Seasonal" label or other labels are not officially noted by TL. They are just there to give notice to some players as to what may get removed in the future. TL threw me off when they marked the Cosmics as Limited so I put a new label (green) to mark differences in dragons that may be removed but not related to a particular season.

Hope that clarifies a bit more :)