PDA

View Full Version : Can't afford this game

Anaboe
03-23-13, 10:31 AM
I'm used to pay for my games, casual or not, even if I don't have to. Usually I pay around ? 20-30. Since I enjoy TeamLava games very much, I was considering buying some gems (BS, RS) or gold (DS), just to show my support.

But then I was prompted to install Pet Shop Story.

In this game you buy and breed animals. Lots of them you can buy with gold, which you earn by picking up from the animals already have. But lots of animals (91 out of 313) require gems. If you want to have all animals, you would need 1997 gems. In order to have a full playpen, you would need 4 of any animal. That would be 7988 gems.
Ok, so you don't want to have every animal available.

But then, also the animals required for the collections require gems: only 4 out of 13 collections don't. If you want to complete your collections, you need to spend at least 1388 gems.

So, lets look at the gem-prices: if you buy 275 gems, that would usually cost you ? 39,99. That's about ? 0,15 per gem.

The price will then be:
Gems needed on all animals, 1 each: 1997 = ? 289,75. Times 4 = ? 1.158,90
Gems needed to complete the collections: (347 times 4) 1388 = ? 201,39

Mmm... let's think that over...

So, only 4 collections without gems, and not all animals. What's left then? Ah, the goals. And of course, to complete some of these goals, you would needs gems also...

Besides the fact that I don't think there are a lot of people who can afford to complete this game, now we also know you can't play this game to it's fullest without paying. Gems don't provide extra's. They're essential.

Please, Team Lava, make it better?

nky1111
03-23-13, 11:08 AM
you'll run out of space to display them long before you'll run out of pets;) even considering only free pets..

designersae
03-23-13, 11:20 AM
Good math. I can't afford that too.

Anaboe
03-23-13, 11:38 AM
At this moment, there are 4 goals that require gems:

Secret formula: 18 gems
Spruching up: 29 gems
Ribbit, part 1: 624 gems (don't know how much the other parts will cost)
Luck of the Irish: ? gems (since you can't finish this one in time, you need gems to skip it, in order to get the reward: a special cat)

Since I'm a relatively new player (just installed the game last Wednesday), I'm only level 18. At this point I have 15 goals, of which 4 require gems, for a total of 97,35 Euro's to complete only these 3 goals... That's quite depressing...

nky1111
03-23-13, 12:07 PM
100 gems are far enough to get bored even with gem goals. there will also be some free gems.. at least on android.. i have 70 free gems now and nothing interesting to use them on.. most of the gem pets just sit there.. none of gem pets are profitable, very few give interesting cross breeds and some don't even animate..

nky1111
03-23-13, 12:24 PM
'interesting' means that i'm maxed out on shop size and to place a new pet have to take someone to the storage...

RNRandR
03-31-13, 11:48 AM
I've run into a lot of crossbrssds and goals that need gems and they are expensive. We need more ways to get gems that don't cost cash.

rudipreciousmocha
03-31-13, 12:54 PM
None of the other games I play require gems to complete a goal! I quit!