PDA

View Full Version : Here's how to STORE dragons in STORAGE

jrwheoki
03-22-13, 09:12 PM
I know lots of you have been asking and suggesting for months for a feature that allows use to store dragons like we can with decorations... Turns out the developers did address this issue .... I guess they do read these forums after all and respond to our feedback

HERE's HOW TO STORE DRAGONS

1) Make sure all your nests and habitats are full....
2) Buy tonnes of gold in readiness for buying the dark angel and moon dragons....
3) Let your 2 year old daughter play on your iPad
4) Laugh at how ADORABLE SHE IS as she opens the album and giggles at all the cute dragons
5) Watch in horror as with a few taps she has bought 2 magic dragons and 2 topaz dragons and a deep dragon (no yes/no confirmation required -thanks developers) ..
6) Open your storage and there they are....
It's that easy

NB: this method does NOT work on dragons you bred in the den... If your nests are full you have to either wait, or use gold to speed up hatching... Then if you habitats are full... You either got to buy 4 dragon habitats for gold, or sell the dragon you just hatched...there is NO option to store legitimately bred dragons in storage

doop01
03-22-13, 09:46 PM
Oh wow.....I don't even have storage (Android) but when I read this story I felt like crying for you :(

wimsical
03-22-13, 09:55 PM
Did that actually happen?!

tonguelashing
03-22-13, 10:15 PM
Oh wow.....I don't even have storage (Android) but when I read this story I felt like crying for you :(

Same here. Though my fiancee who is on iOS accidentally bought a mermaid dragon from dragon album a couple weeks ago (it purchased instead of being taken to the market first) and just today, she was in the process of tapping on a habitat when them snowman pop up occurs and guess what? She purchased a snowman dragon which she doesn't need, and again without taking her to the market first...so she lost another 600 gold!!

TL support said sorry they can't refund :-(

emergRN
03-22-13, 10:32 PM
breaks my heart!!

Spiceshirl
03-22-13, 10:54 PM
Wow dragons are stored like that!!! Sorry that's a shame that happened to you!!!!

jrwheoki
03-22-13, 11:07 PM
Definitely a true story.. and my faultfor letting my little one play on the ipad. But I think the moral to the story is...... Don't buy gold. If the developers aren't going to safeguard our gold purchases.... Or refund us when the lack of a simple "confirm" button leads to mistakes being made.... Then spending real money on the game is no longer an option for me.

A shame cause I would have spent over $2000 in the year I have been playing and I love it... But the $200 I lost today plus the $100 I lost a few months back ( had to sell an infinity dragon to make space for new dragons) ...it's just not worth it anymore :-( .. Fool me once...etc...

doop01
03-22-13, 11:10 PM
Same here. Though my fiancee who is on iOS accidentally bought a mermaid dragon from dragon album a couple weeks ago (it purchased instead of being taken to the market first) and just today, she was in the process of tapping on a habitat when them snowman pop up occurs and guess what? She purchased a snowman dragon which she doesn't need, and again without taking her to the market first...so she lost another 600 gold!!

TL support said sorry they can't refund :-(

So what's going on there I wonder? Has it always done that on ios because when I tap the buy button on android it takes me to the market. That's scary, I won't be taking that short cut to look at the dragon again! What if it starts doing that to everyone

doop01
03-23-13, 12:37 AM
So what's going on there I wonder? Has it always done that on ios because when I tap the buy button on android it takes me to the market. That's scary, I won't be taking that short cut to look at the dragon again! What if it starts doing that to everyone

Oh, and I did mean the continue button on the pop ups, not buy :)

kwhales
03-23-13, 03:18 AM
So keeping your nests full only works if you accidently purchase a dragon in the market. I didn't even know you could purchase them through the album. That is just wrong. I look at the silhouettes and tap on them to see what I need. No more. I don't have enough gold to buy most, but still, this is a feature that needs to be fixed immediately.

chiefdragon
03-23-13, 07:05 AM
Happen to me before too. Was scrolling on the pictures of the dragons in the market when I accidentally touch a photo of a winter dragon. So now I don't go to the market anymore. I just view the story guide here to see all the dragons in this game that I still need.

tonguelashing
03-23-13, 07:09 AM
And its such a simple fix too...anything costing more than 49 gold...need to confirm. Anything less, no confirm. This prevents you from accidentally buying g a dragon you dint want/need, but still allows you to speed up breeding /hatching without being too cumbersome.

Mani_Sari
03-23-13, 07:58 AM
All TL games are like this if i'm not mistaken, they think it's cute, so why fix it. I wasted gold on an expansion before, majority of the time, it's where the "buy/purchase" button is placed, example that snowman pop up, it's just right there in the center where I tend to click when I open the game. >_<

MomsHouseofSweets
03-23-13, 08:10 AM
All TL games are like this if i'm not mistaken, they think it's cute, so why fix it. I wasted gold on an expansion before, majority of the time, it's where the "buy/purchase" button is placed, example that snowman pop up, it's just right there in the center where I tend to click when I open the game. >_<

Pathetic when you feel the need to trick people into spending what they didn't want or intend to do. I got hit once and I've been sooooo careful since.

sollia
03-23-13, 08:20 AM
I'm really sorry that's happened to you, OP, and everyone else.

My problem is that I just can't imagine having that much gold at once. I did the math and to purchase Dark Angel and Moon is well over $100 US. I've probably spent that much over my time in DS but never at once!
Please don't take my above statement as a lack of sympathy. I feel bad for people who accidentally buy things and even more so when children buy by accident
I was just sitting here thinking about how much gold you must have for these things to happen. I rarely have more than 200-300 gold at once (usually I use it so quickly I have only 10-25) and I haven't had an accidental purchase. For me, this thread isn't a warning about allowing others or children to use your device, it's a warning to not have so much gold at once.

They probably should change how you can purchase stuff from the album. It used to be that if you had a lot of gold, you needed to stay away from the market and be really careful when expanding. I understand that they make money when people get caught in gold traps but adding new ones into the game seems wrong and a little unethical.

kooky panda
03-23-13, 08:39 AM
Please continue your discussion on the current thread on this topic.

Gold Confirmation (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39741-New-Gold-Confirmation&p=380745&viewfull=1#post380745)