PDA

View Full Version : Island name using a cool font

flowless
03-22-13, 10:28 AM
Like the title

I always wanted to name my island using a different font with symbols and keeping my name in the middle ( if u understand what I mean )

But the game won't let me it keeps saying no symbols or spaces
Even though I can see many island name like that

What is the trick
Which font app should I download

Non English speaker here :)
Thanxx in advance for the help

sollia
03-22-13, 10:39 AM
May I ask what device you use? Android phone? iPod? etc. I learned that to get some of the symbols you have to turn on some keyboards on a reletively new iPod.

No symbols or spaces doesn't sound right, I know people have those. Maybe the rules have changed, can't rule that out.

flowless
03-22-13, 10:45 AM
May I ask what device you use? Android phone? iPod? etc. I learned that to get some of the symbols you have to turn on some keyboards on a reletively new iPod.

No symbols or spaces doesn't sound right, I know people have those. Maybe the rules have changed, can't rule that out.

Am on iPhone

I thought so
I saw so many people with symbols
But when I try it says no symbols can be used

By the way am I 94 level player
I just want rename my island

salinho
03-22-13, 11:46 AM
I have an island that I couldn't add symbols to its name when I started. But then I renamed it, and I could use the symbols then. Maybe you can only add symbols when renaming?

Baraze
03-22-13, 06:18 PM
One app I use is called font maker from the app store. If you type on emoticons on the store there are really only a couple programs that will appear for free. Download them and see how you like the things they have to offer. I was able to change my name with symbols and cute letters, but didnt go through with it.

Spiceshirl
03-22-13, 11:29 PM
:rolleyes:
Like the title

I always wanted to name my island using a different font with symbols and keeping my name in the middle ( if u understand what I mean )

What is the trick

It's better that you don't use font in your island name because you won't be selected for gold competition. TL selection process does not support it!!

Delforce
03-22-13, 11:39 PM
It's better that you don't use font in your island name because you won't be selected for gold competition. TL selection process does not support it!!

Thankyou for letting us know that. Now I won't be doing that. Well, once I know how to change the font in writing I won't do that, lol.
How do I change to symbols in messages I leave? I use latest iPad with latest iOS. I live in Australia. Thanks

tonguelashing
03-22-13, 11:51 PM
Problem is, everyone has to remember that NOT EVERYONE is on iOS. There are a lot of Android and Kindle players here, and we can't see your fancy schmancy emoticons and fonts. They show up weird or not at all. So while it make look cool for you guys, it looks horrid to non-existent for everyone else.

I'd prefer island names and wall msgs to only be straight text...unless TL was going to add some in-game emoticons/icons/special characters that would be visible by everyone. That would be cool.

Just sayin...

tonguelashing
03-22-13, 11:53 PM

Where on earth did you hear that? That's bogus. TL gold competition selection process is based on your StormID which is guaranteed to be unique. They then match it up with your island name when displaying the winners so your StormID remains private.

Baraze
03-23-13, 05:19 AM
Like the title

What is the trick

Where on earth did you hear that? That's bogus. TL gold competition selection process is based on your StormID which is guaranteed to be unique. They then match it up with your island name when displaying the winners so your StormID remains private.

100% agree.