PDA

View Full Version : Pearl of the Sea- levels 103 - 108

omniBliss
03-22-13, 09:50 AM
At first I kinda liked level 103 bcuz, the first few times I tried it I got down to 2 ice blocks but, since I've played like 50x's now and still haven't passed it, I hate it, lol.

Anybody gotten this far (or further) with advice? Please post here, :-)

OpeningCeremony
03-22-13, 11:10 PM
Ok just played level 103 and had only 3 glasses left. But ran out of moves. And now no more energy :/ and now I see another locked island ahead! Don't have tricks yet...

omniBliss
03-23-13, 06:08 AM
Can't wait to get to the next island... But as for this level (103) what has helped the most is making it a point to swipe row-boasters with the diamond or a bomb with a row-blaster. That has gotten me down to one or two blocks (and hopefully a win).

What do u think aileeniweeni?

OpeningCeremony
03-23-13, 10:38 AM
Can't wait to get to the next island... But as for this level (103) what has helped the most is making it a point to swipe row-boasters with the diamond or a bomb with a row-blaster. That has gotten me down to one or two blocks (and hopefully a win).

What do u think aileeniweeni?

yes i agree!! the diamond or bomb + row-blaster combo is always the best way to get rid of a large amount of glass / ice blocks in one swipe. when i've done that in 103 it's gotten me to almost clear the level. but another trick that i am finding to be helpful is to target the top crates first because if you target the middle crates, at some point the jewels won't fall in and fill in the glass that is touching the upper crates where it is forming a step shape. so if there is an empty glass with no jewel, you can't do any matches with them and then you can't break the crates until those spaces get filled in. i hope i am making sense... haha. the bonus of making matches towards the bottom crates is when the jewels fall they may create additional matches and break some crates or glasses which is sort of a bonus w/in one swipe.

ngamp
03-23-13, 01:42 PM
These tips may help me a lot cause I never got even close to clear. :) I also thought that the empty glass was annoying, but couldn't think the way to avoid it. haha I'll go back try when my energy charges.

OpeningCeremony
03-23-13, 07:53 PM
I passed 103 and I used a diamond and row blaster combo two different times. And I only had one move left to spare lol. You really have to use every move wisely in this level! Now on to 104... This one is tricky and you need lots of blasters to clear the glass that you can't reach along the diagonal. I got 27/28 but not good enough lol

omniBliss
03-24-13, 09:26 AM
Lol same here my last ice block is always the very first isolated block, top left, that keeps me from winning level 104. Ugh!

omniBliss
03-24-13, 11:52 AM
Level 105 is just plain evil, lol. Timed doom jewels with black boxes surrounding them... Oh and the timed ones falling in too. Geeeez! Gotta move quick; That's my strategy so far. O_o

OpeningCeremony
03-24-13, 12:17 PM
I got to the very bottom of 105 but then time ran out :( yea I hate the ones that drop down very evil indeed! And yes the only option is to move fast haha

maian30
03-25-13, 01:38 PM
Moves on 103 have been increased from 25 to 40 woohoo

OpeningCeremony
03-25-13, 02:15 PM

ooh no wonder! i went back to do the goal for 103 and it seemed a lot easier to pass :P i'm now stuck on 107 at the moment. it's timed glass level but there are a bunch of walls everywhere so it's hard to see where you can match up the jewels. everytime i think i can make a match, a wall is in the way! anyway, i'm glad to be closer to the next island.

maian30
03-25-13, 06:54 PM
Oh wow I can't wait to get there any tips on 104?

OpeningCeremony
03-25-13, 09:51 PM
Oh wow I can't wait to get there any tips on 104?

You're going to need to make a lot of blasters to get the glass along the diagonal. The hard one to get is the upper left hand corner. If you ever get a diamond, try to combine it with a blaster. If not, look at what colors are inside the diagonal and use the diamond on a color that is inside a majority of those. Just try to save the diamond for that but you still have to move fast since its timed. Or use the diamond on the color inside the top left corner. When you're mindlessly making blasters, it'll hit mostly in the middle. Good luck and move fast! I just got to 108 and its not that bad but I ran out of energy to try it again.

thesacredphoenix
03-25-13, 10:48 PM
I find these levels hit or miss in difficulty. For example, 103 took me forever, as did 105, but I beat 106 on the first try. Perhaps it was luck, but I dunno. Currently on 107 and it's one of the more thought provoking levels imo because of the randomness of the walls. So hard >_>

maian30
03-26-13, 07:59 AM
Thanks! I get it down to 2-3 and you're right it is always the two in the upper left corner. I hate when the diamonds fall into the diagonal and I can't combine them with anything. Have you ever flipped two diamonds? I have on other levels but not this one. I figured that would clear it out fast haha good luck!

finnth12
03-27-13, 11:52 AM
I'm on level 103 now, but out of the energy, gotta wait until tonight.

finnth12
04-04-13, 08:35 AM
I'm on level 103 now, but out of the energy, gotta wait until tonight.

Finally, after stuck on lvl 105 for days, I'm moving on to level 106 :)

maian30
04-05-13, 08:35 PM
Congrats! I am on 107 and have been for a week now it's super frustrating It has actually made me play less I've gotten so tired of it haha

pastasplace
04-06-13, 02:11 AM
Just joined the forum... Level 105 is incredibly frustrating! It's the first time I've felt the level is completely unachievable! At least with the others, it may have taken a while to get there, but I've seen glimmers of possibility by getting nearly there once in a while!

If anyone has any guidance I'd be very grateful!

Phaedrakiki
04-28-13, 01:48 PM

Darn, looks like they've reduced it to 30 moves now. It's a fun level (nice 'n calm after 102!), but it's going to rely on perfect conditions as well as making each move count! I got 2 diamonds, but unfortunately at the same time (so couldn't use in twice in a combo.) oh well, back at it when energy back! :)

Phaedrakiki
04-29-13, 03:58 PM
Passed 103--yay! Really fun level, but took me lots of tries & "careful" moves. Came very close several times, 2x with only one or two glass left! As others have said, clear those top crates, make row (horizontal) blasters, & hope to make diamonds, lol! Try to clear side crates with vertical matches, if you can (flat against them.) I got two diamonds when I passed...one early on combined w/blaster (when still had lots of crates/boxes) & another near the end that I used alone w/red gem, color I had most of under glass.

104 is quite tricky! I really hate timed levels, so not happy to see another so soon. You get 1:50 to clear the glass, which doesn't feel as frantic as some (but haven't passed yet, either, haha!) I got to play 3 times before energy ran out, and made tons of blasters (maybe just "lots".) Got/made a diamond all 3 times but not enough. Did best the last time when I combined diamond & blaster, but still had a few stragglers left...in a hard-to-reach corner & on the walled-off diagonal of double-glassed gems down the center. (...awaiting energy refill...)

Phaedrakiki
05-03-13, 01:19 AM
Wait a sec...did they add time to level 105? I've been trying to beat it for days (passed 104 right after I posted above--when my energy refilled.) I'd swear it was 2:50 to dig 14 levels of dirt & evil black box-surrounded doom jewels. Well, the last few rows have no doomies, though I've only got that far a few times. Twice I got all the way to the bottom row, and literally only needed a few more seconds to pass the level (once with only a single square left--frustrating!) :mad:

Whew! If time's increased, thanks TL...this gives me hope. This level has not been my favorite. Unfortunately I really dislike timed levels & doom jewels!

Phaedrakiki
05-03-13, 03:19 PM
Wooohooooo! the extra time on 105 did the trick...passed that evil level. talk about r.e.l.i.e.f!

106 is a pretty basic glass level, 44 moves with black boxes that drop in. a few short wooden rail-thingies that keep you from swapping jewels, but shouldn't take too long to pass. soooo nice not being timed! broke 46/48 glass 1st time I played. think this one will mostly depend on luck (layout & special gem opportunities.) the only strategy I'm using so far is concentrating on the more isolated jewels along the top & bottom, and starting with a board layout that gives at least one good "isolated gem" match. oh, and trying to create special gems (diamonds would be awesome & way handy, lol!) and combos, if possible. see how it goes... ;)

Phaedrakiki
05-03-13, 06:55 PM
K, the "no timer" thing was short-lived. Passed 106, & 107 is timed/glass with 1:51 on clock--what a random amount! O_o Played once, and it's a little chaotic trying to make matches with those wooden barriers. Definitely had a couple "illegal matches" haha. I'm guessing this will take me awhile...to get used to the layout & learn to move fast. These timed levels are just difficult for me! (Waaaa waaah! Yes, a crybaby...)

Back to 106, you want to get as much done as possible right away cuz the black boxes that drop in block areas & make good matches hard to find. I got 46 or 47/48 glass every time I played but once...always someplace I couldn't get to... Had a couple combos when I passed, which clear out the black & drove my score up to 3 stars & high score (never beat Paul's score before (least not since I started noticing, lol...)

Phaedrakiki
05-04-13, 03:32 PM
Resting my racing heart, lol--passed 107. Got two diamonds, the #1+blaster knocked out lots of glass. I played this level plenty of times, and found diamonds fairly easy to get on this level (got 'em nearly every time.) I made sure to start each time with a good move on the bottom left & right of the board (or re-start.) Sometimes I'd get a diamond right away from those 1st moves (from the rapidly-falling jewels.) Concentrated on the bottom, checking the wood wall pockets & sides, & watching for special jewel & combo opportunities, of course. Moving fast & making moves at bottom will clear out most of glass. Got close many times, once without jewel combos! (Close doesn't cut it though, lol.)

Aaaahh, no timer. 108 is basic double-glass (50) in 33 moves, with some longer rows that make edges hard-to-reach. Got 49/50 first time I played, but couldn't get the top right glass with last 5 moves. I hope I pass quickly, cuz I'm excited to see a new island!

Phaedrakiki
05-04-13, 03:48 PM
Bye, Pearl of the Sea! It's been fun (most of the time, lol,) but I've gotta run...

Hello Shellside City (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48792-Shellside-City-levels-109-114)! Woohoo! :D

Gardienn
05-05-13, 09:16 PM
Stuck on 105. Hate this level worse than 89.

Gardienn
05-05-13, 09:42 PM
I just passed 105 with the top score. Good riddance! Man. Glad to be done with that board.

bayoubrut76
05-09-13, 03:28 AM
Level 105 is ruthless. I hate timed doom gems!!!

artlomin
05-12-13, 08:35 PM
Other than speed, is there any effective strategy for 105? I keep getting knocked out by the first two doom jewels.

Phaedrakiki
05-12-13, 11:01 PM
Other than speed, is there any effective strategy for 105? I keep getting knocked out by the first two doom jewels.

I thought there were tips on here about 105, but I must've been mistaken. I'm stuck on another timed level right now, so no way am I gonna play 105 again (LOL!) But I took a picture...the only strategy that comes to mind is basic digging & doom jewel tips.

I'd start the level with a good move or two, like the circled red match on this one:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/d09dd7f5-374c-42eb-9ffa-478a6665cb61_zps2e1c1597.jpg

or the red doom jewel match on this one:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/205deabd-1287-448c-886d-9a1529d4faea_zps0f40fd0b.jpg

Better yet, hold out for a couple good moves. If you don't have them, restart the level. No use making moves at the top that don't help you when time is so crucial. It shouldn't take an energy if you don't touch anything. And it gives you a little "head start."

Also, just make as many blasters, bombs, diamonds, etc. as you can, and combine them for more powerful digging. Set off your bombs & blasters close to the dirt if you can--focus your matches at dirt level, too. (But keep an eye out for doom jewels & special jewel-making opportunities.) If it's a choice between strategizing or just moving--just move! Keep the sides "dug down" so your screen scrolls, and preferably set off your blaster/bomb combo's when you've got more dirt on-screen. I don't remember if there's enough time on this one to use a diamond+blaster, which can eat away at the clock. Might wanna use diamond +bomb instead. And again, watch out for those doom jewels!

When you reach the bottom, if you have time left on the clock, clear any remaining doom jewels & stop making matches.* I kept going, wanting to get a better score. Well, what I hadn't thought of was that the doom jewels would keep falling! I was luckily able to clear them & go on to pass. But I would've been crushed if a doom jewel would've got me after spending so many days trying to pass that level (and I have a feeling you would be too, lol!)
*Aileeniweeni recently reminded me of this--read her post in the Unicorn Summit (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?51244-Unicorn-Summit-Levels-169-174&) thread for more info.

Best of luck! 105 is definitely on of the tough ones! :D

Phaedrakiki
05-12-13, 11:07 PM
Okay, I somehow "disappeared" part of my message. One other thing I wanted to say: unfortunately, some of it is luck! Eventually, you'll get the perfect board, with the perfect jewels, falling at the perfect time. I played for days, until eventually...it happened for me. And all the practice I'd been doing, getting a little faster each time, prepared me for when it happened! You'll get it... ;)

SugarGussy
05-25-13, 01:46 PM
I am experiencing a bug on Level 105 Pearl of the Sea - I have passed this level twice clearing it with two star rating and moving on successfully to Level 106. The game is restarting me at level 105 every time I exit and return to Jewel Mania. Need tech support.

lala1959
06-11-13, 04:19 PM
I get to the end but it does not recognize I won and it keeps
going. When does one win???

Phaedrakiki
08-17-13, 09:32 PM
(...)as for this level (103) what has helped the most is making it a point to swipe row-boasters with the diamond or a bomb with a row-blaster. (...) What do u think aileeniweeni?

yes i agree!! the diamond or bomb + row-blaster combo is always the best way to get rid of a large amount of glass / ice blocks in one swipe. (...) another trick that i am finding to be helpful is to target the top crates first because if you target the middle crates, at some point the jewels won't fall in and fill in the glass that is touching the upper crates where it is forming a step shape. so if there is an empty glass with no jewel, you can't do any matches with them and then you can't break the crates until those spaces get filled in. (...)

Darn, looks like they've reduced it to 30 moves now. (...)

Passed 103 (...) fun level, but took me lots of tries & "careful" moves. (...) As others have said, clear those top crates, make row (horizontal) blasters, & hope to make diamonds, lol! Try to clear side crates with vertical matches, if you can (flat against the crates breaks 3 boards at once!) I got two diamonds when I passed...one early on combined w/blaster (when still had lots of crates/boxes) & another near the end that I used alone w/red gem, color I had most of under glass. (...)

Level 103: 41 glass in 45 moves (4JC.) This level has lots of crates, ice/white blocks, and window cutouts...including a tall one that separates the left column from the main board (linked only by a portal.) You have to clear all the crates because there's glass underneath. When you start clearing jewels in the far right column, it will pull ice/white blocks and/or jewels through (into) the green portal at the bottom of the separate left column. Then they'll fall out of the red portal into the last column. (And regular jewels will begin to fill-in the top of the separate area on the left.)

I was looking at some older moves levels to take a break from my stressful current timed level (315.) Saw that they increased the moves on this one again, so I thought it would be great to re-play & increase my star rating. With only 4 jewel colors in use, this level's really fun & you can make lots of special jewels. It helps a lot to follow other players' advice (above) about clearing the crates at the top first. Otherwise, you can end up in a situation like OpeningCeremony/Aileeniweeni described. Here's the level:
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/e6cbd7cb-f491-4dd9-9576-46c74658f354_zps675fe889.jpg http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/5db99cef-2da7-44f4-ac51-ad600d477002_zpsee0f4c4c.jpg
I labeled the first 2 moves I made (blue arrows) in the left photo (both are red, vertical matches.) They both hit crates in the upper rows--important to start breaking those crates pretty quickly. When I was first trying to pass this, before I started each round, I'd look for a move or two that would hit one of the 1st crates in the top two rows (pink X's in right photo.) A little "head start". If I didn't see a move like that, I'd pause, then restart the level using the back-arrow button. (It shouldn't take an energy if you don't move any jewels.) Of course, if you have an optimal move, like one that creates a diamond, then you might wanna stick with that round, lol! ;) Anyway, after I made my 3rd move, I took the screenshot on the right. It shows the beginning of what can happen if you don't break those first/top crates--empty glass (circled in green.) No jewels on it, so it can't be broken. Until the crates with the pink X's are broken, jewels won't be able to fill-in that space. This condition can get much worse (happened to me, but didn't take a screenshot at the time.)
Try to make a little headway with the top crates, then work towards the bottom (as prev. mentioned, cuz you often get "bonus" matches as jewels fall in.) You could get bonus crate-breaking matches, not to mention more points per move, when you focus on making moves at the bottom. But you gotta keep the top opening large enough to avoid the "empty glass" issue, too. So it's a balancing act of sorts. Other than that, just good ol' special jewels and combinations of them are the way to go on this level. For maximum glass breaking--blaster + bomb & diamond + blaster combos. Break down the crates quickly so you can get to the glass, and use horizontal (row) blasters to get glass/ice in that separated area on the left. Don't forget to watch for regular matches there, too...once it starts filling with jewels. Good luck, and have fun with this one!

Phaedrakiki
08-18-13, 02:29 AM
(...) 108 is basic double-glass (50) in 33 moves, with some longer rows that make edges hard-to-reach. Got 49/50 first time I played, but couldn't get the top right glass (...)

Level 108: 50 glass in 50 moves (5JC.) They've increased the moves on this one, too...so I thought I'd enjoy it again & try to get more stars. (I'm really avoiding level 315, aren't I? Naw, it's just so fun going back to play previous levels, especially moves levels--less stress!) Here's the level:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/13e5ec1a-005d-4753-8ab7-2f0e95d6e0b6_zpsce307d65.jpg http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/4a0c17ba-2b8c-4706-a874-0c914f45d20a_zpsbe8f4c68.jpg
Not sure why I snapped the second photo. I think I was trying to show how those long rows have difficult-to-reach ends, and the blaster + bomb was going to help me with the 3rd row from the bottom. The very bottom row generally tends to be easier, since blasters often "fall" to the bottom of the board. So you can prob. get a horizontal blaster to take care of the bottom corners. In my quoted post, I mentioned not being able to get the top-right glass in prev. round. That's another area that's (a little) harder to get, so take advantage of matches you see there. Otherwise, when not creating special jewels & combos, I mainly focus on moves towards the bottom of the board (in hopes of creating bonus matches above--breaking glass & raising your score.) In this round, I also swapped a diamond & blaster. Got my 1 star to a 2, but I need to try again now for 3. Np...fun level! ;)