PDA

View Full Version : 3-28-2013 Update Teaser & Info

GTMoney
03-21-13, 05:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that the next content update for Castle Story will be released on 3-28-2013!

- Flex your kingdom's economic muscle with the Royal Exchange, a new building that allows you to trade materials for various prizes! Unlock and evolve trade routes as you play!
- Obtain the beautiful Royal Chateau, a majestic 4x4 Royal Building!
- Want a third Workshop? Increase your production power by unlocking the Tinker Camp!
- Expand your borders as FOUR new expansion plots become available!
- Experience new quests and conversations with your favorite characters!

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6217/marchteaser4.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/marchteaser4.jpg/)
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5994/marchteaser5.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/marchteaser5.jpg/)
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/6253/marchteaser6.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/marchteaser6.jpg/)

We hope you have as much fun playing this update as we did developing it.

vchanhs
03-21-13, 05:27 PM
First! Cool updates. But please no more gems buildings. Can't even afford the manor now...

Elen4070
03-21-13, 05:50 PM
Omg im so excited! This should be stickied! Cant wait!!,!

koiju
03-21-13, 05:58 PM
Yahoo - how exciting only one more week to wait, while I'm still crafting enchanted beams for my ampitheatre I am stymied by a lack of mermaid scales, might start laying in some royal beams and block in preparation - surely I'll need them for the exchange or the manor.
Maybe we'll be able to exchange glimmerbulbs for something!!

koiju
03-21-13, 05:59 PM
Yahoo - how exciting only one more week to wait, while I'm still crafting enchanted beams for my ampitheatre I am stymied by a lack of mermaid scales, might start laying in some royal beams and block in preparation - surely I'll need them for the exchange or the manor.
Maybe we'll be able to exchange glimmerbulbs for something!!

Sorry, Chateau

olcastle
03-21-13, 07:12 PM
Please don't disappoint us again like you did with Alicorn...

kooky panda
03-21-13, 07:17 PM
Very exciting!!

cloudsail
03-21-13, 09:36 PM
Please don't disappoint us again like you did with Alicorn...

I don't think the alicorn is a disappointment, I think it is supposed to be a long term goal, like sir piggy. I'm quite fond of sir piggy, even though he gives me useless stuff most of the time, and I think I'll be just as fond of the alicorn when I finally get him, even though he only drops energy once a week.

Gem buildings, on the other hand...

justk9188
03-21-13, 09:43 PM
I hope there will be a use for item such as mithril.

olcastle
03-21-13, 09:48 PM
when I finally get him

I don't count on it anymore :)

maggieyyli
03-21-13, 10:12 PM
The pics look promising! Will start counting down from now...

vchanhs
03-21-13, 10:23 PM
I don't count on it anymore :)

I am assuming a drop rate of 1% per part. So come back with this statement after doing 200 adventures without getting any parts.

Anyuszko
03-22-13, 01:18 AM
I am waiting the new update :)

For everyone who is against gem buildings: first, every developer wants to earn money on making games. Second, you can earn gems without spending money on the game. I was starting a new account, with paying no money on it, but making thru all quest with install-play-get to xx lvl with all games.

After 3 weeks, I had enough gem to buy everything I needed, I have an apple, lemon and orange tree, 4 gem animals and soon Ill have my manor as well,

Azriemw3
03-22-13, 04:06 AM
When this game will come on android

CatLadyy
03-22-13, 04:27 AM
Looks great! Can't wait :)

onemansmiracle
03-22-13, 06:02 AM
this update seems great!!! Yippee! new workshop and trading,and new expansions,oh! yes! almost too good to be true ;) I'd better lower my expectation a little bit...

jinlly
03-22-13, 06:59 AM
I can't wait! I have been to this update for 50 Wisp lanterns!

thatgirl444
03-22-13, 07:01 AM
WOW...Im sooo excited!!! The update look great ! Im one of the lucky players who got her alicorn already (and not by purchasing)
So..its doable...just keep sending those knights out....I got both wing and horn through Vday adventures...I have a feeling that adventure may be more prone to dropping the parts.

I hope all the gem building will be craftable eventually....make it difficult...like the alicorn if you want....the gem spenders will buy them anyways as they dont want to wait for months....but it will give the peeps who wouldnt buy them with gems anyways something to look forward to.

wassupbaby
03-22-13, 07:16 AM
Yessss , i think our feedback's been heard. TL is pushing up the update , cant waittttt :X

jaybay1147
03-22-13, 01:54 PM
C: Update!

Snomyst
03-22-13, 03:14 PM
I too am excited for this update, especially the tinker camp. What a great idea. GT You and your team have done an outstanding job on this game. Thank you for all your hard work

Rockinkitten
03-22-13, 03:29 PM
Yay expansions! The trading sounds great too. Love the artwork on the tinker camp!

cymoril69
03-22-13, 05:01 PM
YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! Soooooo excited!!! Can't wait!!!!!!

Baraze
03-22-13, 07:33 PM
Has anyone noticed you can craft coal to jewels? This may be old but im just noticing it while making a sword for the adventures. im almost sure I didnt see this last week. I cannot wait for this update and JUST finished my building yesterday. It took forever to make all of those enchanted blocked and beams. But I guess ill get back at it to make sure I have whats needed for these new ones. Seems like another remodel will be in place too. THIS will top the valentine content I think. So cool!

jrwheoki
03-22-13, 08:12 PM
Congrats...u must have found and completed the 4th knowledge shard quest.

Baraze
03-22-13, 08:19 PM
Congrats...u must have found and completed the 4th knowledge shard quest.

Yes, thanks! Had no idea what that was and just saw it fully.

onemansmiracle
03-22-13, 08:39 PM
Has anyone noticed you can craft coal to jewels? This may be old but im just noticing it while making a sword for the adventures. im almost sure I didnt see this last week. I cannot wait for this update and JUST finished my building yesterday. It took forever to make all of those enchanted blocked and beams. But I guess ill get back at it to make sure I have whats needed for these new ones. Seems like another remodel will be in place too. THIS will top the valentine content I think. So cool!.
when you get the 4th shard,you get secret recipes,making jewel by coal is one of them :)

jrwheoki
03-22-13, 08:41 PM
Meh.... new things to do on castle story....hmmmmmm. But.... I see no mention of how you guys have addressed the issues players are facing over the mermaid scale/sap shortages .... Just check the forums and see numerous complaints on drop rates for these items. New buildings and increased crafting ability and cute little decorations mean nothing without being able to farm the items needed to craft them..and the developers insisting on us harvesting ridiculous amounts of 'rare drop' items to progress in the game..

Case in point.... To upgrade the Manor to level 10 we need 375 wood... Not so bad considering wood has a 100% drop rate from dead trees..and 66% drop rate from normal trees (10 chops plus 5 waterings per tree yields 10 wood).. But then we are expected to harvest 537 sap as well.... Sap has a 20% drop rate from normal trees (10 chops plus 5 waterings yield an average of 3 sap).... Sap is rare...wood is common...so why are the requirements for upgrading buildings etc not reflective of this? And why has no update been bought out to address this crazy mismatch?

We can craft jewels now, can find dark formations and there is iron rich ore to mine....how about a sap rich resource for us to mine also?

I realise some people will say.. Of course it's hard, they want you to buy gems to skip those parts. But I realised a few months ago that buying gems gets you zero advantages in this game..... I got 12 fruit trees, numerous royal pigs and cows etc that I paid fr and never use cause the items they drop have no use in the game after 2 or 3 quests.. And then they make new pink animals for the valentines update.... And still no use for apples,oranges or lemons.( and I can't even store the stupid fruit trees in storage to make space for new buildings etc..)

So.. Forgive my lack of excitement over new shiny things being bought in.... As far as I'm concerned until you address the sap shortage in this game......you're just putting polish on a turd

jtm101
03-23-13, 12:53 AM
I hope the exchange can be used to dump some of our useless materials, like apples, oranges, lemon, glimmerbulb, fairie in a jar, troll horns etc etc etc

Mylly2
03-23-13, 01:18 AM
I agree, the balance of requirements needs to be addressed. I haven't been able to clear my buildings or do many other tasks because I'm spending almost every energy on fishing for mermaid scales.
Other than that, I'm looking forward to the expansions and new buildings.

Which version should we be using?

Fomomo
03-23-13, 01:52 AM
...and I can't even store the stupid fruit trees in storage to make space for new buildings etc..)

I used to be able to store the fruit trees and cannot do that any more. Why? I am really puzzled now.

rosewaterlily
03-23-13, 04:21 AM
Hmmm wonder if I should save my lanterns instead of continuing to expand to the last three slots currently available that take 13, 19, and 20 wisp lanterns. Are the new quests going to be associated with expanding to specific areas?

wassupbaby
03-23-13, 04:25 AM
I'm sorry but speaking for myself ,i dont have any problem with sap,coal or even mermaid scale. Yes, it might be hard to get but it's not impossible so as long as i'm concerned , everything's fine. It fascinates me that somebody always want things immediately , nothing wrong about it, but when you get it too easly , you wont appreciate it and soon you'll get bored.

Baraze
03-23-13, 05:10 AM
I'm sorry but speaking for myself ,i dont have any problem with sap,coal or even mermaid scale. Yes, it might be hard to get but it's not impossible so as long as i'm concerned , everything's fine. It fascinates me that somebody always want things immediately , nothing wrong about it, but when you get it too easly , you wont appreciate it and soon you'll get bored.

I agree. When the valentine version came out it was difficult, especially with the pink jewels. I knew rushing to do everything would leave me bored quickly and more likely to whine about how, just one more later ill quit, unless an update came out. There is always something to do on this game. If nothing else I can do whats needed for expansions. Produce for the adventures, prep supplies for feature buildings, decorate, etc, ect.

Everyone likes it differently, but I enjoy doing those repetitive things. It irks me how folks complain about every little thing.

Baraze
03-23-13, 05:14 AM
Also, I have double of every building, numerous trees, two rivermills, 6-10 ponds I alternate between, etc. I donr have problems with collecting any of the things. I dont think its a problem, more than lazy dazys not checking in to collect enough. When there is a will there is a way. I had to make 7 enchanted blocks, 6 beams and the blue, whatever its called. Took me a week but I got the building finished.

If anyone is annoyed things arent getting built quicker then that, then this game will never be fulfilling.

vchanhs
03-23-13, 06:08 AM
Losers whine, winners take action. If everything is easy to get, I think TL have to give updates every weeks to keep whiners satisfied, else they will complain/quit etc etc. If something is hard to get, spend more time and energy to get it instead of asking to increase the drop rate.

thatgirl444
03-23-13, 06:10 AM
The mermaid scales are a pain in the behind...but they are doable...I finished my amphitheater yesterday too....yay!
I really feel more acomplished because it was so hard and long....If it was too easy, I wouldnt think twice about it...now I view it proudly every time I put on my wetsuit to hunt those mermaids.

mamareader02
03-23-13, 06:26 AM
Can't wait for update!the scales are a pain,but yes,doable.trying to finish using pinky gems,the drop rate was pretty high for me until last weeks update,now I barely get any,but it's ok as I'm trying to phase out of valentine adventure,only prob is that the valentine dropped 2 more horns for me,so hoping for a wing to craft another Ali(finished the first one)

onemansmiracle
03-23-13, 07:08 AM
okay.we definitely need more energies and more workshops,all problems will be solved :). I am thinking energy regenerating rate should be 1 minute,and cap should a 100... about workshops,four would be okay ;)

rosewaterlily
03-23-13, 07:11 AM
I have one of each of the old town and royal buildings upgraded to level 5 and was able to build the amphitheater and royal manor right away and upgrade my royal manor to level 10 immediately. I was disappointed the manor upgrade wasn't more challenging, compared to leveling up my cathedral from 1 to 5, which took about a month (and they made that requirement easier while I was in the process of building parts for the 4 to 5 upgrade). At least the amphitheater is more difficult to upgrade since it requires all those furs. No problems with the drop rate of sap or mermaid scales. I do fish out of my seven wells and one pond with spare energy all the time though. Sometimes I buy dead trees to get wood without sap because I always need more wood than sap.

Hoping the new buildings require more royal blocks and beams than enchanted because the enchanted ones take forever to make, and I have lots of royal ones in reserve. :P

onemansmiracle
03-23-13, 07:25 AM
...... I was disappointed the manor upgrade wasn't more challenging, compared to leveling up my cathedral from 1 to 5, which took about a month (and they made that requirement easier while I was in the process of building parts for the 4 to 5 upgrade). At least the amphitheater is more difficult to upgrade since it requires all those furs. No problems with the drop rate of sap or mermaid scales. I do fish out of my seven wells and one pond with spare energy all the time though. Sometimes I buy dead trees to get wood without sap because I always need more wood than sap.....
:P
Oh boy,everything is difficult enough,if I want to upgrade all my buildings,I am not sure if 5 years is enough... If you know what I mean ;)

Mudturtledove
03-23-13, 02:51 PM
WOW! Love the update that's coming! Thank you so very much for the third workshop. I am completely thrilled!

midnightmeerkat
03-23-13, 02:59 PM
5 days to go........ :)

Baraze
03-23-13, 04:28 PM
The mermaid scales are a pain in the behind...but they are doable...I finished my amphitheater yesterday too....yay!
I really feel more acomplished because it was so hard and long....If it was too easy, I wouldnt think twice about it...now I view it proudly every time I put on my wetsuit to hunt those mermaids.

I saw your alicorn. Plotting with thursthon to lure it away to my kingdom. Was going to borrow it, but he wont be returning!

kinglara501
03-23-13, 05:31 PM
I've spent the last few days building the amphitheatre and have got to 8 enchanted beams and 7 enchanted blocks as well as all the paste and money but now my dilemma is should i wait and see what the updated buildings need. I would much rather have a 3rd workshop.

What do you think?

Baraze
03-23-13, 06:53 PM
I've spent the last few days building the amphitheatre and have got to 8 enchanted beams and 7 enchanted blocks as well as all the paste and money but now my dilemma is should i wait and see what the updated buildings need. I would much rather have a 3rd workshop.

What do you think?

Giving us a third workshop or kitchen would be deemed too good. Oh how I wish! The nee building look like whoopers so im sure they will need quite a lot. Id finish the building,then try to gather as many more of the same materials as possible. Im stocking up on flour, wisps, trying to expand to two more plots, grow carrots and strawberries to make money, getting as much glue things done. The works! This will be difficult and fun. Finally an end to all the supplies thats been driving nuts in storage.

vchanhs
03-23-13, 07:35 PM
Stil working on the manor. Fall into two gems traps of 14 gems. So near yet so far....:(

cleanflea
03-23-13, 08:18 PM
Yay, update on my birthday!

maguar
03-23-13, 08:34 PM
I agree, the balance of requirements needs to be addressed. I haven't been able to clear my buildings or do many other tasks because I'm spending almost every energy on fishing for mermaid scales.
Other than that, I'm looking forward to the expansions and new buildings.

Which version should we be using?

Still use the valentine version. In the normal version sometimes people see bulding/upgrade materials as coins instead of what they really are.

I used to be able to store the fruit trees and cannot do that any more. Why? I am really puzzled now.

There was a problem with the counters on normal trees and rocks being reset. To stop this we were unable to store them. This was done before fruit trees come out. You can store fruits immediately when you get them from an adventure.

blurbie
03-23-13, 08:48 PM
Yay!!!! I love the new stuff!!!!!
I am glad the buildings take forever because I had run out of things going on. A few people started a stockpile contest, which was fun and fulfilling, but upgrading buildings has been fun for a few weeks with the Valentine update. Now, just as I nearly finish, we have new stuff to do!!!
It will be weeks til I have enough furs to finish the amphitheatre, and days to get the gems for the royal manor or chariot (gotta have that chariot!) from playing other games.

Now I HAVE to get the new things! Thank you, TeamLava, for expansions! My kingdom is packed full and I love the new content ( and need space for it). Hm, guess we all need to take advantage of the gem sale if we don't want to wait!

midnightmeerkat
03-23-13, 09:34 PM
(gotta have that chariot!)

I have gotten one on both of my games from the adventures.....

blurbie
03-25-13, 01:14 AM
Lucky you!

NayanPrakash
03-25-13, 02:31 AM
Yes, you really are lucky!! 2 chariots wow. I want one too, but haven't got any from adventures yet

jovanisto
03-25-13, 07:35 AM
Expansions :)

jovanisto
03-25-13, 07:39 AM
It's strange. I have had a hard time with coal and mermaid scales but my sap levels have always been 99....

queenaleecia
03-25-13, 09:37 AM
Happy the new expansions are becoming available. I was just about ready to trash castle story and its my favorite tl game. (I just don't see the point of releasing an incomplete game) If you want to make us happy take away the stupid energy cap. 30 energy is no where NEAR enough. Then I noticed you doubled the amount of gems it costs to get more energy. Stop being so greedy, my gosh. I remember when you first released this game 1 energy was added every time we leveled up. Its bad enough I'm stuck at level 30 and don't get my energy refill for leveling up. So even when you increase the levels we all may get one energy refill which isn't fair if we've leveled up more than one level.

jdelvalle1
03-26-13, 09:39 AM
Yes finally an update I'm excited about...(all Bakery Story players know what I'm talking about. At least the expansions on Castle Story are doable within a few days or so...that is until the 30 energy cap starts strangling us)....But hey we're getting a new crafting building, heck yeah!

mymummy789
03-26-13, 01:33 PM
I hope it doesn't get delayed. I have a hubby free evening on the 28th, but then we are off on holiday for a week, probably with no internet, so I intend to do nothing but explore on Thursday!!!

rene2222
03-26-13, 07:11 PM
oh i love the new updates. the buildings are all so beautiful looking. wonder what materials needed. am so excited.

mamareader02
03-27-13, 08:20 AM
Can't wait!!!!!!

Rockinkitten
03-27-13, 03:17 PM
Ooohh just expanded to the one new expansion! That was a surprise! Can't want for more, my lantern storage is bursting at the seams!

midnightmeerkat
03-27-13, 03:44 PM
That was a teaser. Lol...... ��

justk9188
03-27-13, 08:01 PM
Just one expand ?

midnightmeerkat
03-27-13, 08:37 PM
Just one expand ?

At the moment, the update is not due til tomorrow...... With the update i would guess that there will be another 3

Baraze
03-27-13, 09:02 PM
How do you all collect so many lanterns? Is it due to playing from the beginning and not making the golden thingy for the adventures? It takes me forever to make enough for one expansion.

opanugie
03-27-13, 09:54 PM
Love all, but is there more expand land on castle story???

midnightmeerkat
03-27-13, 10:23 PM
Love all, but is there more expand land on castle story???

The first post in this thread says there is 4 more expansion areas in this update

dragondh
03-27-13, 10:39 PM
What time tomorrow will the new update be released. So tired of all the pink.

opanugie
03-27-13, 10:45 PM
ow that would be great :)

Suggestion :
Witch House, Gems Kingdom, Dwarf House, Dark Forest, Book Store
Decoration : Talking Tree, Wood Fence, Road Signage, Wood Bucket,

Rockinkitten
03-27-13, 10:55 PM
How do you all collect so many lanterns? Is it due to playing from the beginning and not making the golden thingy for the adventures? It takes me forever to make enough for one expansion.
I played from the beginning and played a LOT. when not making buildings I made nothing but lanterns. Maxed out on them around Christmas after maxing out on expansions, and then i started making the golden thingy for the adventures ;)

MonkeyMomma76
03-28-13, 12:43 AM
I agree...many coin buildings sit uncollected for hours or days because I'm gathering mermaid scales, sap, Glimmerdust, petals...etc etc etc!!! Once you level up to a certain point players should have access to a more consistent source for these rare materials. It makes sense for the drop rate to be low when you only need a few for each task. Now, with only two workshops it will take over three days nonstop to craft the lanterns necessary to expand!!! And that's only if you don't build ANYTHING else during that time.

Please, TL...give us some appropriate drop rates and more crafting buildings when we level up. Once you're above level 12-15, two kitchens and workshops are quite simply insufficient for the workload of our kingdoms. Not to mention completely illogical. We could cover our land with towers and cottages and whatnot, but only 2 kitchens in the whole kingdom? I can't keep up!!!

justk9188
03-28-13, 01:04 AM
Don't worry, you'll reach the moment you're full with wisp and lantern.
When that time comes, you will try your best to find mermai scales to make lumin essence.
With 1hr playing per day, every kingdom will reach it's limit: everything is full ;).

nasha86
03-28-13, 01:32 AM
Well, well, I can see the expansion sign now :). But, where are the new building?
Do we need to download new version to include those content?

midnightmeerkat
03-28-13, 01:44 AM
Well, well, I can see the expansion sign now :). But, where are the new building?
Do we need to download new version to include those content?

The update has not been released yet

maguar
03-28-13, 02:11 AM
ow that would be great :)

Suggestion :
Witch House, Gems Kingdom, Dwarf House, Dark Forest, Book Store
Decoration : Talking Tree, Wood Fence, Road Signage, Wood Bucket,

You can add these to the current suggestion thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48690-Castle-Story-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-3-20-13) :)

sluppies
03-28-13, 02:13 AM
Maguar any ideas what time we can expect the update? Can't concentrate on my work waiting for it to appear!

wassupbaby
03-28-13, 02:36 AM
Im little worried since its not on TL's blog and it might be postponed. Hopefully its not and we can expect it in ... probably 9-10 hrs from now :S i havent made enough lanterns to expand yet :S

sluppies
03-28-13, 02:39 AM
10 hours!! I'm sure I shall burst with excitement if I have to wait 10 hours. Lol.

katbtodd
03-28-13, 03:09 AM
Just one expand ?

I was surprised too,,,, to get one ,,yep just one ,,,, expansion earlier this morning

midnightmeerkat
03-28-13, 03:21 AM
10 hours!! I'm sure I shall burst with excitement if I have to wait 10 hours. Lol.

The time is 2 am in teamlava land, they will be sound asleep!

maguar
03-28-13, 03:42 AM
Maguar any ideas what time we can expect the update? Can't concentrate on my work waiting for it to appear!

I've not be told any particular time. It's night time where I am so I will admit to hoping that it won't come out till my morning. I know that's really selfish. Honestly I'm glad it's scheduled right before a long weekend so I'll have lots of time to play with it.

TLs been pretty good at letting us know if there is going to be delays. We haven't heard anything so fingers crossed.

sluppies
03-28-13, 03:50 AM
Thanks Maguar. Fingers crossed for later today,although another 10 hours and it will be my bedtime!

jinlly
03-28-13, 05:14 AM
I can't waiting for anymore!

drgness
03-28-13, 05:16 AM
I am in the same boat as you sluppies, I usually don't get updates until the following morning. It usually doesn't make a difference, but last Friday I just got the spinning wheel thing over on DS which is limited to 5 days. Due to a blizzard we had a power outage 5 mins after I got up which lasted two and a half days. Any betting that I was due my wing during that time too? Lol, real life can be such a doozie at times ;-)

koiju
03-28-13, 06:34 AM
Come on international time zone! It's the 29th here already - when's the update, surely it's the 28th business hours in TL Land - c'mon!

Iridescentt
03-28-13, 06:39 AM
Do u know if for the update we will need to use the CS regular edition or can we continue to use valentines edition with update

sdwombat
03-28-13, 07:08 AM
Does anyone know materials requirements for any of the new buildings? I can't stand to have construction piles in my kingdom, so like to get the required materials made before purchase. This was especially important with the cathedral and amphitheater--all of that architect's paste took me FOREVER to craft, and I would've had construction piles for a week or more.

miracle789
03-28-13, 07:23 AM
By now I only saw one new opening for expansion and did it. Waiting for the other updates to be available!

Baraze
03-28-13, 07:24 AM
Does anyone know materials requirements for any of the new buildings? I can't stand to have construction piles in my kingdom, so like to get the required materials made before purchase. This was especially important with the cathedral and amphitheater--all of that architect's paste took me FOREVER to craft, and I would've had construction piles for a week or more.

Thurston knows. But im pretty sure hes still swimming in some lager. So no, no one here would know.

Baraze
03-28-13, 07:25 AM
One thing I love is the expansions coming at our own doing. No maps to ask for. No silly three days waiting period for it to happen and then another three months waiting for the foliage to be cleared. If you can produce the lanterns and have the coins, its all yours. I hope this never, ever, ever changes.

jovanisto
03-28-13, 07:37 AM
Well there was ONE expansion available this morning that was not before, 8 lanterns, 50 or 80 grounds can't remember. Not much there, a log, 3 weeds, a dead tree.

cloudsail
03-28-13, 08:36 AM
It's only 8:30am TL time, so still early. Although I was hoping they would've scheduled an automatic update for midnight.

justk9188
03-28-13, 09:37 AM
Just realized overgrown bench had been removed 12 RP :(

brandonu
03-28-13, 11:24 AM
Well there was ONE expansion available this morning that was not before, 8 lanterns, 50 or 80 grounds can't remember. Not much there, a log, 3 weeds, a dead tree. It was 50,000 coins

miracle789
03-28-13, 11:26 AM
What do you mean? I got one from adventure yesterday

mamareader02
03-28-13, 12:00 PM
Where is the update?!isnt it time yet?

GTMoney
03-28-13, 12:02 PM
Where is the update?!isnt it time yet?

Rolling out now!

alsstod
03-28-13, 12:02 PM
It Jut came out

stormidwombat
03-28-13, 12:04 PM
First part is to build royal exchange 4 fancy beams, 4 fancy blocks and 2 super glue. Am crafting the last fancy block now

sdwombat
03-28-13, 12:04 PM
Just got the Royal Exchange! Does anyone have building requirements yet?

sdwombat
03-28-13, 12:06 PM
First part is to build royal exchange 4 fancy beams, 4 fancy blocks and 2 super glue. Am crafting the last fancy block now
We must have been typing at the same moment lol! Have one superglue to go, and I am ready!

chocoholic9
03-28-13, 12:06 PM
I'm loving the Royal Exchange.

stormidwombat
03-28-13, 12:08 PM
We must have been typing at the same moment lol! Have one superglue to go, and I am ready!

We wombats have to stick together

brandonu
03-28-13, 12:09 PM
Tinker Camp as a locked goal

vizcaya112
03-28-13, 12:10 PM
2nd part is to complete a trade....you can trade for energy!!! I should have taken a screen shot!!!! Sorry! I am on my way to class (I am the teacher.....so I can't be late)!!!!!

mamareader02
03-28-13, 12:12 PM
So how do we get those trading papers?!doesnt show anywhere in trading exchange as a goal?!

brandonu
03-28-13, 12:14 PM
As a note, the expansion that was opened this morning now requires an "expansion permit". I had spent the 50,000 coins so mine was unlocked automatically. I also believe the wisp lantern requirement dropped from 8 to 7. I count three other new expansion plots.

sdwombat
03-28-13, 12:15 PM
We wombats have to stick together

Yes we do, lol!!! I am hardly going to be able to contain myself for the next 3 hours while I finish one superglue, and make the next one. I am at work, however, so maybe instead of checking Castle Story every 5 minutes to see if the update is here yet, I can finally get some work done. Sort of along the lines of the other comment made here about getting to class....as the teacher, so can't be late!!

brandonu
03-28-13, 12:19 PM
I apologize for not taking better note of this, but the crafting options were 5 energy, 10 energy, random food item, random building items and 10,000 coins I believe. There were many other items that were currently locked.

justk9188
03-28-13, 12:21 PM
I did remember there will be a new character.
Do i remember wrong ?

aimeeq
03-28-13, 12:28 PM
More expansions too!

friscosharkboy
03-28-13, 12:34 PM
Now the bottleneck will be acquiring tickets.

dragondh
03-28-13, 12:37 PM
Thought we were going to be able to get another workshop?

dragondh
03-28-13, 12:40 PM
Dumb question but which version are we suppose to be playing? I'm tired of pink.

FrozenTurtle
03-28-13, 12:42 PM
Dumb question but which version are we suppose to be playing? I'm tired of pink.

Castle Story: Valentine's Day has been removed from the App Store. We suggest continuing to play in the base version.

twjan
03-28-13, 12:54 PM
You will get another workshop through royal exchange... They didn't make it easy for us to get it!

homegrrrl
03-28-13, 12:55 PM
Castle Story: Valentine's Day has been removed from the App Store. We suggest continuing to play in the base version.
When Castle Story VD edition came out, we were told to play that version and delete the other one, which I did. How would I go about playing the base version now without losing everything?

lala_gabbana
03-28-13, 01:01 PM
When Castle Story VD edition came out, we were told to plan that version and delete the other one, which I did. How would I go about playing the base version now without losing everything?

You will not lose anything, everything is saved on the TL servers.

justk9188
03-28-13, 01:02 PM
You don't lose anything for playing original version.
By the way, we don't have new character this time ?

miracle789
03-28-13, 01:09 PM
Anybody cleared "Trade Routes" goal? I completed more than 5 Trades at the Royal Exchange using my gems, but nothing happens. What did I do wrong?

MsLiz7
03-28-13, 01:14 PM
I was happy to get my alicorn without paying for it. Now I'm trying to find out what materials to gather for the exchange building.

brandonu
03-28-13, 01:21 PM
I was happy to get my alicorn without paying for it. Now I'm trying to find out what materials to gather for the exchange building.

To construct the building or to complete the trades? For the building, it requires 4 fancy beams, 4 fancy blocks and 2 superglue.

stormidwombat
03-28-13, 01:21 PM

strawberries and sugar seemed to be the "cheapest" that I saw. I did not have enough strawberries so went for something else - think it was 25 of each, hope that helps

brandonu
03-28-13, 01:25 PM
I remember seeing wool, hides, milk and eggs as other items. I'm sure there a plenty of others.

cctarbucks
03-28-13, 01:25 PM
loving the new trade building!!! it gets rid of everything that i have way too much of and can't figure out how to use! i chose the fastest thing to trade first to see what comes next =)

cymoril69
03-28-13, 01:27 PM
I think the new character's name is going to be Belladonna!!! :) Maybe she's the hairy princess that I'm obsessed with!!!!!!!

kooky panda
03-28-13, 01:32 PM
Anybody cleared "Trade Routes" goal? I completed more than 5 Trades at the Royal Exchange using my gems, but nothing happens. What did I do wrong?
Try restarting your device to see if the goal completes.

midnightmeerkat
03-28-13, 01:33 PM
You don't lose anything for playing original version.
By the way, we don't have new character this time ?

Need to do a few things first I would guess

GTMoney
03-28-13, 01:35 PM
Need to do a few things first I would guess

The "new character" is coming in late April. New characters usually come with a lot of fun quests, which take a lot of time to develop. Don't worry- I promise it will be enjoyable when it arrives.

midnightmeerkat
03-28-13, 01:37 PM
The "new character" is coming in late April. New characters usually come with a lot of fun quests, which take a lot of time to develop. Don't worry- I promise it will be enjoyable when it arrives.

Ok. Thanks! And tyvm to you all for the update...... We have all been so looking forward to it!!

miracle789
03-28-13, 01:38 PM
Try restarting your device to see if the goal completes.

Thank you, kooky panda. I did, but it doesn't work :( Should I report as a bug?

GTMoney
03-28-13, 01:41 PM
Thank you, kooky panda. I did, but it doesn't work :( Should I report as a bug?

Which trade did you complete?

miracle789
03-28-13, 01:46 PM

I completed all Trade except Fruit Trade several times per each T.T

kooky panda
03-28-13, 02:00 PM
See this thread for the Royal Exchange

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48894-ROYAL-EXCHANGE&p=580761&viewfull=1#post580761

miracle789
03-28-13, 02:09 PM

I already have 11 Trade tickets but still couldn't complete the Trade Routes... GTMoney, could you please let me know what I should do? Thanks in advance for your help!

miracle789
03-28-13, 02:16 PM

OMG, GTMoney, I just opened my base app and suddenly it asks me which gender I am. It's been reset!!! No!!!!!!!! What's going on with my account, can you tell me?

kooky panda
03-28-13, 02:20 PM
OMG, GTMoney, I just opened my base app and suddenly it asks me which gender I am. It's been reset!!! No!!!!!!!! What's going on with my account, can you tell me?
He may be checking your game right now.

miracle789
03-28-13, 02:23 PM
He may be checking your game right now.

Thanks, kooky panda, for your reply. I'm almost freaked out in panic T.T I spent hundreds of dollars for this game and now it's totally gone... Ahhh... OTL

PikaSquirrel
03-28-13, 02:28 PM
Please force close the game, you should have your account on your device now.

miracle789
03-28-13, 02:30 PM

I powered off my device and tries to do what you told me to. Crossing my fingers. Thanks, PikaSquirrel!!!

miracle789
03-28-13, 02:33 PM

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It came back and the goal has completed too! I love you guys!!!!! TL rocks!!!! ^____^

wassupbaby
03-28-13, 02:53 PM
Aweeeesomeee !!!!! The new design on new building looks great . Good job TL !!!

kel413
03-28-13, 03:28 PM
I also have completed 4 trades at the Royal Exchange, yet my goal has not been completed either. ID is kel413

PikaSquirrel
03-28-13, 03:39 PM
Please try completing one more and let us know if you still cannot pass the quest. Thank you.

kel413
03-28-13, 03:51 PM
I forced closed game, restarted device, opened game and sped up Royal Exchange with gems. Did not pass quest. I again forced close, restarted device and opened game. Still have not passed quest. I have now spent 70 gems speeding up Royal Exchange trying to pass the quest. This is unfair. I would like my 70 gems back (24+24+22, one Exchange not sped up) and I would like my quest completed. Thanks, again ID is kel413

PikaSquirrel
03-28-13, 04:44 PM
Did you purchase the Royal Exchange before you completed the quest "The Royal Exchange"?

miracle789
03-28-13, 04:47 PM
Did you purchase the Royal Exchange before you completed the quest "The Royal Exchange"?

Yes, I did see the Royal Exchange quest only after having found it in the section of Buildings and purchased.

kel413
03-28-13, 04:49 PM
No, I waited until the goal appeared to buy the Royal Exchange. I passed that goal and got the reward for it. I have two devices, and everything worked perfectly on the other device. Thanks.

PikaSquirrel
03-28-13, 05:14 PM
Thank you for the information. We're still looking into this right now.

carpelia
03-28-13, 05:41 PM
People having issues with the update, just checking, are you playing the regular app or the Valentine's edition? I noticed for "A Golden Trade" that the items I asked friends for weren't giving me progress in the Valentine's Edition, but they were counted when I opened up the original app.

kel413
03-28-13, 06:06 PM
I am playing the Valentine version. It has been advised that is the most recent version to be playing.

vchanhs
03-28-13, 06:12 PM
I have also completed the monster hunter trade but goal remains undone. Please advise.

GTMoney
03-28-13, 06:18 PM
I have also completed the monster hunter trade but goal remains undone. Please advise.

This was the result of a bug that we have just now fixed. All future instances of the Monster Hunter Trade should now count toward that goal.

kooky panda
03-28-13, 06:30 PM
People having issues with the update, just checking, are you playing the regular app or the Valentine's edition? I noticed for "A Golden Trade" that the items I asked friends for weren't giving me progress in the Valentine's Edition, but they were counted when I opened up the original app.

Sometimes you need to close out your game and reopen to see your requests returned. I had no issues getting my items on the valentine game.

carpelia
03-28-13, 06:38 PM
Hey kel413, on page 12 a community manager posts a recommendation to go back to playing the base game, though honestly I'm not sure which of the two versions is now the most updated.

Hey kooky panda, what I noticed in the Valentine's Edition was that I would get alerts in my news feed that people responded to my requests, but it didn't change my quest progression. When I opened up the original version, though, the quest updated correctly and none of the responses were wasted.

vchanhs
03-28-13, 07:13 PM
This was the result of a bug that we have just now fixed. All future instances of the Monster Hunter Trade should now count toward that goal.

Thanks a lot. Very fun updates btw. The royal exchange just look so right in my kingdom.

aimeeq
03-28-13, 07:59 PM
Anybody done the Ivy's sister thing yet? What comes after paying the $$?

aimeeq
03-28-13, 08:47 PM
Never mind. Trading now!

BiggerBubbles
03-28-13, 09:42 PM
I am very confused. I only have Trade Tickets & Royal Proof quests. So many people are asking for me to send trade officials. I don't have the quest A Royal Trade apparently. Why do I not have this? I have had all the story from Ivy about her sister Belladonna, (have to say she's really gullible), paid the money then nothing. Are you supposed to do 1 of each trade to get this or what? Any ideas people? First time on forum. Hope I've posted in the right place, sorry if not.

BiggerBubbles
03-28-13, 10:20 PM
All is now right with the world. After about 6 hrs of wondering I cooked an orange cobbler. As soon as I plucked it from the oven LOTS happened and I now have 'A Golden Trade'. I have only heard of one other that has heard about Belladonna and that was on the forum. My neighbours don't seem to know, so don't know how I triggered that. Sorry for the panic.

rene2222
03-29-13, 02:51 AM
hi, is there any difference by purchasing a Royal Exchange first before completing a/any quest?

midnightmeerkat
03-29-13, 02:59 AM
All is now right with the world. After about 6 hrs of wondering I cooked an orange cobbler. As soon as I plucked it from the oven LOTS happened and I now have 'A Golden Trade'. I have only heard of one other that has heard about Belladonna and that was on the forum. My neighbours don't seem to know, so don't know how I triggered that. Sorry for the panic.
Collecting from Ivy's hut triggers the sister quest

wassupbaby
03-29-13, 04:09 AM
I am very confused. I only have Trade Tickets & Royal Proof quests. So many people are asking for me to send trade officials. I don't have the quest A Royal Trade apparently. Why do I not have this? I have had all the story from Ivy about her sister Belladonna, (have to say she's really gullible), paid the money then nothing. Are you supposed to do 1 of each trade to get this or what? Any ideas people? First time on forum. Hope I've posted in the right place, sorry if not.
You need to collect from sir piggy in order to trigger the goal that requires 40 trade officials

wassupbaby
03-29-13, 04:11 AM
hi, is there any difference by purchasing a Royal Exchange first before completing a/any quest?

You have a goal that requires purchasing a royal exchange. So if you buy the building first i afraid you have to sell it and buy it again to complete the goal.

placi
03-29-13, 05:50 AM
When I play my original castle story I get no energy when picking from my garden but when I play the valentines version I do get energy when I pick some crops. I heard I need to use the original version to play the latest updates but don't want to miss out on the energy. Can someone explain how to fix it or look into fixing it for me so that I can play the updates on my original castle story game. I tried restarting and all the basic stuff but it has not made a difference. Thanks everyone and LOVE the game. I am on bed rest and this game has kept me going for months!!

tankerslacers
03-29-13, 01:11 PM
I went back to the base version of Castle Story and I get the sporadic extra energy from picking crops. Remember, the extra energies from crops varies - there are times I'll pick 15 plots and not get one energy and other times when I'll get an extra energies 7 times in a row. Hopefully, you'll the same as you continue to play.

arwenaessedai
03-29-13, 01:24 PM
Has anyone noticed you can craft coal to jewels? This may be old but im just noticing it while making a sword for the adventures. im almost sure I didnt see this last week. I cannot wait for this update and JUST finished my building yesterday. It took forever to make all of those enchanted blocked and beams. But I guess ill get back at it to make sure I have whats needed for these new ones. Seems like another remodel will be in place too. THIS will top the valentine content I think. So cool!

Really??? Where how?! :)

midnightmeerkat
03-29-13, 01:29 PM
Really??? Where how?! :)

The crafting of jewels from coal comes after you get your 4th knowledge shard from the tablet.

MonkeyMomma76
03-29-13, 04:18 PM
I am about to switch over from Valentine's edition to original. I have never played the original version before. Is there anything I should make sure to complete, craft, purchase, remove, request or whatever before I make the switch? I'm nervous to make some major oversight when I transition. I would love to have any insight, tips, pointers etc. from TL and experienced players. THANKS BUNCHES!!!

Baraze
03-29-13, 04:56 PM
I am about to switch over from Valentine's edition to original. I have never played the original version before. Is there anything I should make sure to complete, craft, purchase, remove, request or whatever before I make the switch? I'm nervous to make some major oversight when I transition. I would love to have any insight, tips, pointers etc. from TL and experienced players. THANKS BUNCHES!!!

Everything still works the same. I just have both versions still. In case I ever need my pink fix, once its gone from the app store.

graciemarie1
03-29-13, 08:24 PM
When I play my original castle story I get no energy when picking from my garden but when I play the valentines version I do get energy when I pick some crops. I heard I need to use the original version to play the latest updates but don't want to miss out on the energy. Can someone explain how to fix it or look into fixing it for me so that I can play the updates on my original castle story game. I tried restarting and all the basic stuff but it has not made a difference. Thanks everyone and LOVE the game. I am on bed rest and this game has kept me going for months!!

I have 4 Castle Story games that I play; one main game and the others for gifting. The only one that I receive energy for picking crops is my level 30 game, but it makes no difference if I'm playing original or valentine version. I'm assuming that you have reached level 30... All my updates are on both versions as well. I did notice that I don't receive as much energy from picking crops as I did prior to the update. Best of luck!!����

dinendash7474
03-30-13, 01:02 AM

If we go back to the original version, does the castle still drop the Valentines day items (wing/horn)? Thanks

sdwombat
03-30-13, 03:27 AM

I am running into the same old display issues in the base version when trying to upgrade a building--where it shows coins instead of the correct materials, plus no build button even when you know you have all of the materials. Is this issue going to be addressed soon?

vchanhs
03-30-13, 04:38 AM
Ok, I have unlocked all the trade routes. Now waiting to get those upgraded trade route and saving up tickets to get expansions and buildings. It's that all to the new updates?

midnightmeerkat
03-30-13, 01:28 PM
Ok, I have unlocked all the trade routes. Now waiting to get those upgraded trade route and saving up tickets to get expansions and buildings. It's that all to the new updates?

There may be some other goals associated with the tinker camp and the chateau..... But yes I would guess that this is it for the update. (Another update due late April)

elaur
04-01-13, 06:03 AM
The quest for using tickets doesn't unlock anything so don't waste your tickets to build something small to finish that quest.

sdwombat
04-01-13, 09:55 AM
The quest for using tickets doesn't unlock anything so don't waste your tickets to build something small to finish that quest.

Agreed. I went for the smallest purchase possible (Royal supplies - 10 tickets) and should've just waited & either did the deed for the chateau, or unlocked the tinker camp. That should've satisfied the quest for a purchase. Now I am just 10 tickets further away from either chateau or tinker camp. :(

bowlfullofcherries
04-01-13, 05:28 PM
If I'm on the V-Day edition will the new decorations be available?

PikaSquirrel
04-01-13, 05:57 PM
It is recommended that you play on the base version as well as our updates will be on the that version. Valentine's Day edition has already been removed from the App Store. The Wing and Horn will still be obtainable through adventures if you already have the option to craft the Alicorn in your Love Shack.

vchanhs
04-01-13, 06:00 PM
It is recommended that you play on the base version as well as our updates will be on the that version. Valentine's Day edition has already been removed from the App Store. The Wing and Horn will still be obtainable through adventures if you already have the option to craft the Alicorn in your Love Shack.

What if I only have the quest to craft the alicorn but not yet unlock it? Does it means I will never complete the quest?

PikaSquirrel
04-01-13, 06:13 PM
When the content is removed, as long as you already have access to the goals, they will stay and you will be able to complete it.

bowlfullofcherries
04-01-13, 06:30 PM
Thanks, PikaSquirrel.

koiju
04-01-13, 06:49 PM
What if I only have the quest to craft the alicorn but not yet unlock it? Does it means I will never complete the quest?

I'd like to know this too - I have the quest, collected the horn but had no luck so far with the wing so it's not unlocked in my Love Shack - what happens to us?

elaur
04-01-13, 07:18 PM
Maybe they meant the goals in our kingdom goal list. I have an Alicorn goal there.

graciemarie1
04-02-13, 05:48 PM
I have to give huge kudos to teamlava for making the new update so interesting! Wonderful job! It's challenging to choose between collecting from spires or continuing your quest to reach a goal. My only question...there are 3 visible goals that have been haunting us since the beginning and are still unreachable. Please, please, please make at least one available with your next update. Other than that....brilliant!!!

homegrrrl
04-03-13, 07:36 AM
Does anyone know how to unlock the delicious trade?

sdwombat
04-03-13, 07:47 AM
Does anyone know how to unlock the delicious trade?

I baked an orange cobbler, but I suspect that baking an apple pie, or making lemonade would trigger it as well, since they are components of the trade.

homegrrrl
04-03-13, 08:17 AM
I baked an orange cobbler, but I suspect that baking an apple pie, or making lemonade would trigger it as well, since they are components of the trade.

Thanks for the tip! Will get right on it as soon as my breads are done baking. :cool:

brantastisch
04-06-13, 06:36 AM
Has anyone unlocked tinker camp yet? Just wondering what the building requirements are?

wassupbaby
04-06-13, 08:22 AM
Has anyone unlocked tinker camp yet? Just wondering what the building requirements are?

It's been reported that you dont need anything to build the camp , just 99 trade tickets to craft it.

tankerslacers
04-07-13, 09:52 PM
Has anyone completed the goal, "Acquire the Deed to the Royal Chateau and Show the Baron?" If so, what happens? Does it lead to other goals? Worth 50 trade tickets?

blurbie
04-08-13, 12:55 AM
Nothing new pops up, but there is the comfort in knowing the wretched Baron will not be moving in!

MonkeyMomma76
04-08-13, 12:16 PM
I have neither the wing nor the horn. Can anyone tell me if I will ever be able to get the Alicorn? I REALLY want the extra energy!!! Also, anyone know how often you can collect from the Alicorn? It may not be worth the stress now that I have the trading post. Thanks for any insights provided :-))

lotuskat
04-08-13, 01:44 PM
I have neither the wing nor the horn. Can anyone tell me if I will ever be able to get the Alicorn? I REALLY want the extra energy!!! Also, anyone know how often you can collect from the Alicorn? It may not be worth the stress now that I have the trading post. Thanks for any insights provided :-))

You can collect 30 energy every 7 days. For all things Alicorn, check out the Alicorn thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?45933-Alicorn-Thread/page17&highlight=alicorn).

tankerslacers
04-09-13, 08:35 PM
I have neither the wing nor the horn. Can anyone tell me if I will ever be able to get the Alicorn? I REALLY want the extra energy!!! Also, anyone know how often you can collect from the Alicorn? It may not be worth the stress now that I have the trading post. Thanks for any insights provided :-)

Oddly enough, both my granddaughter and I have been waiting for about 2 months for the wing/horn for our Alicorn and we BOTH got our missing part yesterday? Makes me think perhaps the drop rate was increased?

maguar
04-10-13, 01:53 AM
I have neither the wing nor the horn. Can anyone tell me if I will ever be able to get the Alicorn? I REALLY want the extra energy!!! Also, anyone know how often you can collect from the Alicorn? It may not be worth the stress now that I have the trading post. Thanks for any insights provided :-)

Oddly enough, both my granddaughter and I have been waiting for about 2 months for the wing/horn for our Alicorn and we BOTH got our missing part yesterday? Makes me think perhaps the drop rate was increased?

Once grown you can collect once every 7 days. For more info on the alicorn please see this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?45933-Alicorn-Thread)