PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire Users. Having Dragon Story crashing issues? Please speak up here.

lovepuppies117
03-21-13, 04:09 PM
I have been reading everything I can find in the forum threads, about Dragon Story. Everyone has mentioned every android, IOS device, only a handful of Kindle Fire HD users. One person asked on the crash issue thread, if the so called fix that came out today, was it for us Kindle users...no one answered the question?? :confused: A Kindle as most know is bought through Amazon, I have spoken to them since I started playing Dragon Story. They are no help of course, because it is a TL game issue, of which I now have seen in this TL Forum. :( Can anyone out there shed some light, in this dark tunnel of us Kindle users??? As we all know, it's bad enough that we don't have but one option of a game to play. Without any goodies, like IOS users. Now we have no information directed towards us, to give us any hope of help. Amazon told me, that even if an update was available, it had to go through "their" testing first, before being released! :confused: So all the talk of a fix...where? Where and when do we Kindle users get it?? I am just frustrated, I would walk away from the game, had it not be that I have a lot of money invested in the game and to be honest, I love it! Please TL Moderator, if any of you see this, help! I am willing to hang in here, but right now the game is no fun anymore, when you can't visit your neighbors :( and crash every few minutes.
Thanks....unhappy Dragon Breeder

Kindle Fire Users ....please share what problems you are having, the more we speak up, the faster
we will get some answers.

kooky panda
03-21-13, 04:41 PM
A community manager responded today. There are aware of the issues for kindle and are currently working on this.

Thanks for letting us know. It's probably due to the same issue, but this fix was only for Android users with access to Google Play. We haven't released a fix for Kindle yet. Sorry!

lovepuppies117
03-22-13, 03:23 PM
A community manager responded today. There are aware of the issues for kindle and are currently working on this.

Thank you for responding...but I have to say, expected that answer and very disappointing. I wish they would have never released it for the Kindle Fire HD, until it was ready to be played on one. Today I can hardly do anything, it's gotten so bad. No matter what I click on I crash and have to log back in and try again. Well..I shall get behind on breeding and expanding, will have to leave it for awhile I guess :-(

sirenshadow
03-26-13, 11:06 PM
I am on the 8.9 HD and I have only experienced minimal crashes. I read somewhere it had to do with some lOS users who downloaded a particular feature we do not have and cannot see. When I came across one of them while visiting I just deleted them as neighbors. Since I have more than 150 with more being added every day I do not miss them.

culley2821
04-04-13, 09:05 PM
I have Kindle fire hd. When I first started playing it was ok, but now it crashes every few minutes. It is very frustrating because because it takes me forever to visit my neighbors.

Boogie083
04-05-13, 12:17 AM
Start a thread for only Kindle Fire neighbor requests...
the community may be small but at least you all will be able to play without disruptions and lag (and envy of iOS players in-game).

Boogie083
04-05-13, 02:57 AM
Force closed after visiting about six or seven islands to complete goals

System version 7.3.0 Kindle Fire HD ...downloaded /installed Dragon Story from the stock App Store (Amazon)

Uninstalling now

UN

LilMzB4Life
04-09-13, 06:32 AM
My Kindle Fire crashed after visiting about 5 nbrs. By the way, if anyone wants to add my Kindle account send me a pm please. The name I have on the forum is for my iOS. I play both devices daily. I just got my Kindle Fire in January so I'm still at a lower level in my game.

Lindsey608
04-10-13, 07:57 AM
I predictably crash after visiting a handful of neighbors, so have just been avoiding them lately. Of course, it's russian roulette when visiting random people from the community whether it will forceclose or not.

I also get invisible dragons/eggs/habitats constantly on my own island.

LilMzB4Life
04-15-13, 04:27 AM
Any news on fixing the crashes for Kindle players? I can't even visit neighbors that have the Outpost and I had to put a message on my wall so that those who wants me to add them as neighbors know that I'm unable to visit them because of this issue. Therefore, I'm losing out on having more neighbors.

mamajanjan
06-08-13, 06:46 AM
Oh yes me too, cant build/maintain relationships because suddenly I can no longer visit, I "force close" instead. And it getting worse every day.

mamajanjan
06-08-13, 06:50 AM
I had heard the same thing, but todAy I can no longer visit an individual who has not uploaded/updated anything, so....unless she was "automatically" updated and didn't realize it, that theory is problematic

kayd324
06-10-13, 05:30 PM
kayd324. I am currently a Kindle fire hd user. I am no longer able to make visits to neighbors or the community without getting message "Dragon Story Has Stopped". I have just started and have really got into the game, hope BUGS are worked out soon.

candletown
06-11-13, 04:39 PM
I have same issue.. I also play Farm and its starting to happen there also!! I would also walk away or just start playing on my new phone instead but have a lot of real $$$ invested in game. I don't want to have to start over.. my 4 eggs have dropped to 2 eggs because I cannot visit people.. If there is no fix coming soon for kindle fire is there a way to transfer account to an android phone?:mad:

roni122285
06-12-13, 08:17 PM
I have same issue.. I also play Farm and its starting to happen there also!! I would also walk away or just start playing on my new phone instead but have a lot of real $$$ invested in game. I don't want to have to start over.. my 4 eggs have dropped to 2 eggs because I cannot visit people.. If there is no fix coming soon for kindle fire is there a way to transfer account to an android phone?:mad:

Well you shouldn't lose your game since there are ways to transfer your game. But I wish I could do something similar but I can't really afford a smart phone so I just wish they'd fix the crashing issue for us.

You should be able to download the game and go to the info section in the main menu and enter your id and password or email support@teamlava and they can transfer your game for you.

MommaNan
06-16-13, 04:33 PM
I ,too, am having issues with Kindle Fire HD 7". It does crash repeatedly which is very frustrating. I hope a fix comes soon so I don't have to start over on different device. I have also had white ghost images on my screen which also needs a reboot to clear... very frustrating. It would be nice if your game could be played on any device without losing anything. I have also noticed that on Kindle you can't always see the whole island when visiting someone else. It cuts off things that are too close to the edges.

Lindsey608
06-21-13, 08:32 AM
I ,too, am having issues with Kindle Fire HD 7". It does crash repeatedly which is very frustrating. I hope a fix comes soon so I don't have to start over on different device. I have also had white ghost images on my screen which also needs a reboot to clear... very frustrating. It would be nice if your game could be played on any device without losing anything. I have also noticed that on Kindle you can't always see the whole island when visiting someone else. It cuts off things that are too close to the edges.

I recently switched from a Kindle Fire 7" to a Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and the new device is also cutting things off at the edges. I believe this is because you cannot zoom out far enough. I used to be able to zoom out enough to see most of the main island at one time... now at max I can see about 5-6 habitats across, and when I scroll up to the top island you can't even see the top/left halves.

Lindsey608
06-21-13, 08:35 AM
I forgot to add.. to make matters worse, if I zoom in for any reason (select a dragon to feed, for instance) then when I try to zoom back out it will only do so about halfway before stopping. So my view will go from about 5-6 habitats wide before zooming in, to about 2-3 wide when I zoom back out. It won't go any further until I leave my island and come back.

Lindsey608
06-21-13, 08:58 AM
Ironically, I just discovered a way around this after posting. If anyone else is having the zoom problem, try clicking on expand. It forces the screen to zoom all the way out, then you can just cancel the expansion and it stays zoomed out.

Qster26
07-05-13, 08:59 AM
This was back in March, and we still don't have a solution. I am having all of the same issues posted here with my Kindle Fire HD 7". As time goes on, it shuts me down more than not these days and it makes me not want to visit my neighbors for fear of having to continue to open the program up repeatedly to get to the end of my list of neighbors. It would be appreciated if TL would post an update as to the progress of these issues.

apehero
07-05-13, 03:25 PM
My game just shuts down my Kindle sometimes what's wrong with it?

nessiesnest
05-09-15, 12:33 PM
I also have been experiencing difficulties on my Kindle. It is exceedingly frustrating getting kicked out of the game at any given moment whether trying to post, send gifts, return home, visit neighbors, or just moving around on my own land. It is bad enough not having the full game.

Calikid1
05-30-15, 05:09 AM
I am also having issues with the Kindle shutting down while playing.

bakjan2
09-06-15, 05:45 AM
Hi I am also having a problem visiting neighbours. It was ok till yesterday, but then I couldn't visit 10 of my neighbours, today I haven't been able to visit 12. Surely by now the issue should have been fixed if this was reported a while back. Every time I try to visit the game just stops. It's very annoying and frustrating

8hat
09-06-15, 08:56 AM
On Kindle, I have had issues with neighbors for a while so I no longer visit but could still collect from my dragons, collect and plant food, and even opened the two new land plots. Since yesterday, the game won't even open...it just goes from splash screen to "game has to force close". Is this the end of my dragondom?

09-15-15, 04:57 AM
I've been playing since 2013 on my HDX. Level 150 for a while. For the last two weeks I can't even open the app. The little wheel spins like it's going to launch but then just goes back to the home screen. Waiting on a response from Amazon to see if they can help. Used Mayday help but they couldn't help so bumped it up the ladder. Supposed to get an email within 48 hours. Haven't tried to contact team lava as they have never been any help. The thing is I've spent real money on this game and really enjoy it. If I get a fix I'll post it. Not really hopeful.

pernmagic
09-15-15, 09:54 AM
Only a thought as I don't know your device but do you have enough memory available , DS takes a lot more of memory space since the last update ......

09-15-15, 04:37 PM
I actually have over half of the memory available and it's a 64g tablet so that shouldn't be a problem. Still waiting for a response from Amazon.

GCMomOfFour
09-17-15, 03:01 PM
I've been playing since 2013 on my HDX. Level 150 for a while. For the last two weeks I can't even open the app. The little wheel spins like it's going to launch but then just goes back to the home screen. Waiting on a response from Amazon to see if they can help. Used Mayday help but they couldn't help so bumped it up the ladder. Supposed to get an email within 48 hours. Haven't tried to contact team lava as they have never been any help. The thing is I've spent real money on this game and really enjoy it. If I get a fix I'll post it. Not really hopeful.

Starting this morning I can no longer get into the game either. I play on Kindle Fire HD. It acts exactly like you describe. My son's Kindle is doing the exact same thing as well. So far my daughter can still get into hers. We all play on the exact same kind of device. I already stopped playing on my ipod because it won't open. If this is not resolved then I guess that I will be done with Dragon Story for good because I will not spend big bucks for new devices every year or two just for a single game. Everything else I try to do works just fine except for this one game.

09-17-15, 08:02 PM
Still no reply from Amazon. I'm going to contact them again tomorrow. I am so frustrated. Spent real money on this game and now I can't even open it. I would think that the moderators would chime in to these posts but so far nothing.

09-17-15, 08:26 PM
I got an email from Amazon and they say that it usually takes 48 hours to resolve the problem but this is taking longer. They assure me they are working on it and will get back to me. I'll let you know how it goes.

09-24-15, 07:59 AM
Well I still haven't gotten a fix from Amazon. I have an active ticket for my problem but since they haven't been able to fix it for several weeks I don't think they will be able to help. Really miss my game.

Jazjoe98
09-27-15, 01:00 PM
I cannot open the game anymore on my kindle either glad I got a phone that has it but I would like to by the golf on my amazon account but I cannot

09-28-15, 10:10 AM
Sorry to hear that your game won't open on your Kindle. I don't think my eyes are good enough to play on a phone. I sure wish someone could find a solution.

8hat
10-06-15, 08:22 PM
My game won't open for a couple of weeks now. I just can't delete it yet...level 150, just opened up those two spaces they gave kindle, over 800 gold...I was going to buy some new speciality habitats for those. My island's motto was everybody grows up but since I can't log in I guess now they never all will. Maybe (not likely) they will fix it so we can "status quo" but just logging in one day to find "Game Over!" Is kinda crappy. I guess now that they ****ed Castle Story, I will delete both at the end of the month. Maybe at another game carrier I can find something I like.

Gypsy_Cat
10-08-15, 10:56 AM
As some of you may have seen in my thread "Game Won't Open!" - it's been almost 6 weeks since I've been able to play. I even had a whole debacle with doing a factory reset on my Kindle HDX (DON'T DO IT!) but nothing is working.

10-08-15, 05:02 PM
Same with me. I've done everything Amazon has told me and still can't open my game. I'm at level 150 with over a thousand in gold and now I'm locked out. I really think it's a storm 8 issue that started when they opened those two spots to expand. More and more people are having this problem. You would think they would try and resolve it. Sorry it has happened to you also.

LL629
11-28-15, 09:06 AM
I was really hoping to find a solution on this forum :( I also play on a Kindle Fire - MOST of the time my game will open. But its crashing every time I try to visit anyone, whether its a neighbor thru my newsfeed, or anyone thru the Social section. I've also noticed that when I try to gift my neighbors, I get a notification that only 1 of my neighbors is actually gifted - that either I've already gifted the others or they've received the maximum number of gifts for the day. Grrrr.....

RedFluff
12-12-15, 09:42 AM
Just found this particular thread. I saw the other : Game Crashes Thread and read it. I sent a support ticket in today and will still put the info here in case this gets looked at by support/mods and for other new players like myself.

My Storm id is RedFluff, my island is Smileville and I am level 10 (I believe). I am playing on Kindle Fire HD 7 (2nd edition) and version 1.0.7.4.

I have had my game crash when I visit friends now for the past 3 days. Not happy. But I did go to the forums and found a potential help for the matter. I followed the steps and no help. ☹

1 - shut off and restart my device. DONE - still crashing

2 - uninstall and reinstall game. DONE - still crashing

3 - clear cache - DONE - still crashing

4 - check to make sure have most current version for device - DONE (that info is in the opening paragraph for your convenience.) - still crashing

I have noticed as of Friday ( 12/11/2015) when I tested a theory, that the game crashes when I go to visit my neighbors or community members that are level 95 and higher. I can visit people that are below level 95 with no problem.

I play Bakery Story as well and can visit people that are level 99 with no issues, in case it was in the coding for level 95 and higher info on all the games; but it is just happening for me on Dragon Story.

Please look into this matter and let me know what the problem is and how it can and will be repaired. I am really enjoying the game but do not like that I can?t visit all my neighbors.

Thanking you in advance for any and all assistance in this matter.

RedFluff
12-12-15, 09:48 AM
I was really hoping to find a solution on this forum :( I also play on a Kindle Fire - MOST of the time my game will open. But its crashing every time I try to visit anyone, whether its a neighbor thru my newsfeed, or anyone thru the Social section. I've also noticed that when I try to gift my neighbors, I get a notification that only 1 of my neighbors is actually gifted - that either I've already gifted the others or they've received the maximum number of gifts for the day. Grrrr.....

hiya.. I have had that happen for me - the gifting issue and i realized that the game does not let you know or it doesn't know the difference between whether YOU have gifted the person already for the day or if they have reached their allotment of 20 gifts max per day.

For me to make sure I gift my friends what I have done is try to get on just after the game changes/resets to a new day I can gift them all... DOING MASS GIFTING HELPS DO THE GIFTING FASTER. there may be other ways but this is what works for me as of now. gl.

12-17-15, 03:06 PM
I contacted game support and they say they are aware of the problem and are working on it. I haven't been able to open Dragon Story since early September. Somehow I don't have much confidence that they are doing anything. 1300 plus gold down the drain. No more Storm8 games for me.

04-19-16, 06:23 AM
Contacted Storm 8 to try and get a refund for my 1300 gems on Dragon Story since I have not been able to open game since September of 2015. Can't even get a response from them.