PDA

View Full Version : Takes too long to sell food

tinytat90
03-20-13, 11:36 PM
I still have over 180,000 blood drinks from Halloween! It is ridiculous how long it takes to clear a counter. And it's not like I keep making these things, I stop once I get the max amount of stars for an item.
There should be a way to speed up the selling process, I can't keep adding counters I will run out of space. I'm trying not to cook anything but then what is the point in playing?

nky1111
03-21-13, 01:40 AM
you may leave the game running overnight... also you may cook red velvet cake, it cooks slower than it sells..
you may knock some gems out of the new music appliances, they deliver very small number of servings..
seems like they did it intentionally to slow down earning gems

PeppermintZoe
03-21-13, 04:27 AM
i still have last year's st. patrick day food in my bakery

jennie11506
03-21-13, 08:09 AM
i did leave my bakery running over night and NOTHING HAS SOLD! I ONLY HAVE 10 HEARTS!! people keep coming in and then leaving 'broken-hearted'. can some one please explainwhat is going on??

sweetstuff525
03-21-13, 08:14 AM
i did leave my bakery running over night and NOTHING HAS SOLD! I ONLY HAVE 10 HEARTS!! people keep coming in and then leaving 'broken-hearted'. can some one please explainwhat is going on??

Do you have blocked a pathway to some of your tables and chairs

jennie11506
03-21-13, 08:17 AM
thnks sweetstuff525!!! i am back in business. my coat rack was blocking it. i didn't know that would happen. but i know now and i'm glad its fixed. thanks again

sweetstuff525
03-21-13, 08:18 AM
thnks sweetstuff525!!! i am back in business. my coat rack was blocking it. i didn't know that would happen. but i know now and i'm glad its fixed. thanks again

Glad you got it fixed.. Your welcome

123cheri
03-22-13, 02:15 PM
I had the same problem you did tinytat90. However, I recently changed by baking tactic and now only have seven counters in my bakery and a couple of them have the same foods on them. I started by taking out all of my specialty ovens and just using the drink machine and easy ovens. I only baked red velvet cakes, love potions, and/or earl grey teas. Because they take 22 hours to prepare, my food was able to sell while they were baking and the number of servings they produce is disproportional to other faster recipes. Thus, I was selling more food than I was baking, but because all three recipes sell more per plate than the average recipe, I eventually started making profit again.

Eventually after my old food stores sold out, I incorporated specialty ovens again. However, I still often bake red velvet cakes, even though I mastered the recipe a long while ago. This ensures that I never had a ridiculously amount of food on my counters. I generally pick one or two recipes to master before moving on to a new recipe.

I hope that helps!

a1lure
05-08-13, 07:18 AM
I had 200 thousand Halloween St.Patrick Autumn Christmas, u name it I've got it, food on my counters that were selling at a ridiculously slow rate! When finally I couldn't take it no more and CLEARED THEM ALL!! Haha, end of clutter!!!

- Sometimes, you just gotta let it go. -

ImBabieBunnie
05-08-13, 12:00 PM
I dont bake at night. I usually try to have all ovens off by 11pm. Then I start baking around 6:30am in the morning. On the weekends I only cook red velvet cakes, love potions and earl gray teas. Also if I notice Im going to have to add more counters to make something I usually just wait till a counter frees up. Doing it this way I never seem to have to much food and I always have empty counters.

cherryberry9
05-08-13, 04:30 PM
I've got all sorts of food from 2012 still on my counters.

sirenshadow
05-09-13, 11:14 PM
I still have over 180,000 blood drinks from Halloween! It is ridiculous how long it takes to clear a counter. And it's not like I keep making these things, I stop once I get the max amount of stars for an item.
There should be a way to speed up the selling process, I can't keep adding counters I will run out of space. I'm trying not to cook anything but then what is the point in playing?

Search for "fecsuper" using the search bar at top right corner of this page. Read his threads on most efficient layouts in RS. They work perfectly in BS too. The man is a genius in my honest opinion. Follow his layout and your food will be gone in no time while your coin count expands rapidly.

maguar
05-10-13, 03:55 AM
Search for "fecsuper" using the search bar at top right corner of this page. Read his threads on most efficient layouts in RS. They work perfectly in BS too. The man is a genius in my honest opinion. Follow his layout and your food will be gone in no time while your coin count expands rapidly.

Fecs main thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths)) on this was in RS but can be used for BS.

See this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?31366-Fecs-Layout-Compared-To-GroovyRuss....My-Results!) for an alternate layout.

MellowFarmer
05-11-13, 05:21 PM
More tables and chairs also helps to sell faster i think. 'broken hearted' customers are because there are no seats avail at that precise moment when they enter.

sirenshadow
05-11-13, 08:25 PM
Fecs main thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths)) on this was in RS but can be used for BS.

See this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?31366-Fecs-Layout-Compared-To-GroovyRuss....My-Results!) for an alternate layout.

Thanks Magyar!!

sirenshadow
05-11-13, 08:26 PM
Thanks Magyar!!

Stupid spell fix! I meant Thanks Maguar!!

maguar
05-11-13, 09:47 PM
Stupid spell fix! I meant Thanks Maguar!!

My autocorrect used to do that one all the time. It's learnt now :)