PDA

View Full Version : Should one be able to buy gold with coins?

sidramartin
03-20-13, 05:49 PM
I've been thinking for some time that surplus coin wealth would be put to better use if it were exchangeable with gold, but I figured I should ask the people what they think. You, the peeps! Do you think we should be able to buy gold with coins? Comments welcome! :confused:

kurebiz
03-20-13, 05:50 PM
Great idea but it wouldn't happen. Else, how would tl earn money?

sidramartin
03-20-13, 05:52 PM
I hear you, but "surplus" coin wealth would still run out... it just seems silly that there's very little it can be spent on right now.

sollia
03-20-13, 06:15 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?47591-Dragon-Story-Ideas-and-Suggestions!&p=560977&viewfull=1#post560977

Read this list

sidramartin
03-20-13, 06:35 PM
Lol ruled out, go figure. Thanks for the heads up sollia. Business is business.
There's still nothing to spend any cash on, so take that one back to the drawing boards, TL. There's only so many black habitats one can buy.
Gold for decorations has got to be one of the biggest wastes of space the game is housing.

sollia
03-20-13, 06:48 PM
I was just reminded of that list today, it's pretty handy.

Here's an alternative. A third currency. Let's just call it Cookies for the sake of an example. Some decorations or items or other appealing things are only available for Cookies. You buy cookies with giant amounts of coins. Perhaps there would be some conversion time from coins to cookies to make it harder and worth achieving.
No, it doesn't get you gold. But it does give you something else to do with massive amounts of coins.

kurebiz
03-20-13, 09:10 PM
Continue expansion? With expansion, the amount of coins I have is slowly but decreasing. Maybe its because I don't have enough diamond hybrids. Hmm.

nylear13
03-20-13, 11:21 PM
No, since gold the the income source for TL. But there really should be more stuff for us to spend coins on. I agree decorations for gold is just ridiculous since they don't contribute anything to gameplay and restricts players from having more creative layouts

maguar
03-21-13, 02:05 AM
Closing this thread as the idea has been ruled out (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?47591-Dragon-Story-Ideas-and-Suggestions!&p=560977&viewfull=1#post560977).