PDA

View Full Version : Can't download????

rupertsmom1
03-20-13, 04:50 PM
Anybody have a clue why it keeps saying invalid file when I go to download the Easter edition??? So dad......I wish to play!!

kooky panda
03-21-13, 11:38 AM
The Easter version is for android device in the google play market.

Are you on android or a Kindle fire?

rupertsmom1
03-21-13, 04:23 PM
Android. I have so many of the games...special versions as well but every time I go to download dragon story or pet shop story I get that error. Unfortunately now it seems my phone company, Boost, is saying I'm close to having my speed lowered until my month is up which won't help matters.....

rupertsmom1
03-21-13, 04:24 PM
Any and all help, thoughts and ideas are appreciated!!

kooky panda
03-21-13, 04:28 PM
What is your android device?
What is the current version of your device?

See if there is a current update for your device version. This may be keeping your from being able to download.

kooky panda
03-21-13, 06:55 PM
Try downloading again. There is a new update for the Easter version that was just released in google play.
Version 1.0.5.9.1

rupertsmom1
03-21-13, 07:47 PM
Stupid question......how do I check for an update?

rupertsmom1
03-21-13, 07:55 PM
Never mind....found some kind of update....gonna go try now. Thanks....I'll let you know if it works....

rupertsmom1
03-21-13, 08:10 PM
Well, it went all the way but I still got "package file is invalid". What does that mean anyway? Thanks again for helping me....

kooky panda
03-21-13, 08:12 PM
What android device do you play on?

rupertsmom1
03-22-13, 03:24 AM
It says 4.0.3 and is an HTC Evo Design.....

kooky panda
03-22-13, 05:11 AM
Have you checked to see if you can update the version on your device?

rupertsmom1
03-22-13, 07:07 AM
How do I do that? Thanks

kooky panda
03-22-13, 10:27 AM
I play on IOS, but Mod Greygull posted this on another thread.

To check to see if your device can update, go to Settings, About Phone, System Updates. It will tell you if there's a newer version available.

For game information, go to Settings, Apps, Downloaded. Find the game you need (can be done with all TL games, just one at a time), click on it. The version number of the game should be right under the logo. Under the Storage information, you should have an option to "Move to SD Card" or "Move to Internal Storage" (same thing, just different phones show them differently). Just under there, should be the option to clear the cache. Clearing the cache frees up memory on your device, allowing it to do more things - like play the games easier. One slight downside of clearing the cache - some in game items may need longer to load, so that you can see them. But the benefits of clearing it are definitely worth a few loading circles in my opinion.

rupertsmom1
03-22-13, 11:21 AM
Thanks! I'll give it a shot! So can't wait to get an iPhone!

rupertsmom1
03-22-13, 12:46 PM
YES!!!!!!!!! Got Pet Shop Story and now I'm gonna try for Dragon Story!! Thanks so much for all your help!!!!

kooky panda
03-22-13, 01:32 PM
Oh good. Did you need to update your device?

rupertsmom1
03-22-13, 06:00 PM
I still have to look into that. I did the other stuff first. Have one more question for you then I'llleave ya alone....lol. O have all the different versions of the games. Do I need to keep them all??

kooky panda
03-22-13, 06:19 PM
No, you can just keep the most current version for each game on your device. If you ever want to get one of the versions back, you just have to go and reinstall it from the app store.

rupertsmom1
03-22-13, 06:50 PM
OMG thank you!!! I'd posted on a board asking one time and somebody basically said I had to keep them or I'd loose things....not a moderator or anything but stupid me listened....lol. Thank you so much for your time....so so appreciated!!!!