PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Chances has been declined?

7Riptide
03-19-13, 06:43 AM
just my thought, i did not get any rares in this whole week, just island, coral , etc.

sollia
03-19-13, 06:57 AM
Some people have speculated that with the new boosted breed the chances of rarer dragons is decreased but that hasn't been confirmed.

We all have slumps, right? Maybe this is just a bad week for you. It's all random.

salinho
03-19-13, 06:59 AM
They made new breeding rules for the new dragons. I believe it's become much harder to breed...

bigbux3
03-19-13, 07:00 AM
Boosted breeds have given me more common dragons. The ones that wouldn't even make sense to come as an outcome. I'm not so sure about that Boosted Breed.

Suave_Spencer
03-19-13, 07:16 AM
It makes sense that the chance of getting each dragon would be reduced; the more possible outcomes you add, the lower the chance of getting each one. That said, I seem to be getting more rares than usual.

sollia
03-19-13, 07:19 AM
Boosted breeds have given me more common dragons. The ones that wouldn't even make sense to come as an outcome. I'm not so sure about that Boosted Breed.

Do you have an example of that? What do you mean?

sollia
03-19-13, 07:27 AM
I'd like to add that I have been getting plenty of rares. I just sped some up, I have a Tiny and Moon just now and recently I got Kite, Snowman, Familiar....

7Riptide
03-19-13, 07:32 AM
i just tried to breed night dragons and i only got was coral dragon 20x in a row without getting any rares lolwut srsly

sollia
03-19-13, 07:37 AM
i just tried to breed night dragons and i only got was coral dragon 20x in a row without getting any rares lolwut srsly

Same thing happened to me before I got my Night. Took a lot of tries.

kwhales
03-19-13, 07:59 AM
I don't think so, anymore. I just got four new dragons in 3 days. So, ummm, no. But of course, this can change rather quickly.

knj00
03-19-13, 11:00 AM
Some people have speculated that with the new boosted breed the chances of rarer dragons is decreased but that hasn't been confirmed.

We all have slumps, right? Maybe this is just a bad week for you. It's all random.

It was confirmed by Jake that the chances for rare dragons have not been decreased.

We have not lowered the chances for breeding rare dragons normally. We've made advancements to the dragon breeding system to allow for new features. You may see certain combinations resulting a little more frequently or a little less frequently, but across the board we have not increased rarity. The chance to get a dragon that is rare or above is the same. I'd like to make that very clear: we have not done any sort of across game rarity increase. You can even get Diamond hybrid dragons from some combinations you could not before! Our advancements make it easier to bring you new features like Black and Pink Dragons, rarity boosting features, and more to come.

Thanks for asking!

sollia
03-19-13, 11:07 AM
Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen it. It's also good that he's confirmed that rarity has not changed.

I'm curious what he meant when he said that about Diamond hybrids though, does anyone know what that means?

cedkugedchgd
03-19-13, 11:15 AM
Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen it. It's also good that he's confirmed that rarity has not changed.

I'm curious what he meant when he said that about Diamond hybrids though, does anyone know what that means?

yup! so in the past you were only able to breed any diamond hybrid with diamond + pure color. diamond + hybrid never worked and only resulted that hybrid you were breeding your diamond with. for example:

diamond + sunrise never gave you angel or gold. the only possibilities with that combination were sunrise, griffin and leopard.

but recently a few players have confirmed breeding a gold dragon with fairy + diamond combo so now it seems to be possible to breed hybrids with diamond + hybrid :) i'm not 100% sure but i think i might be right..

sollia
03-19-13, 11:22 AM
....I never knew it worked that way. Well there's a couple breedings wasted.

knj00
03-19-13, 02:12 PM
yup! so in the past you were only able to breed any diamond hybrid with diamond + pure color. diamond + hybrid never worked and only resulted that hybrid you were breeding your diamond with. for example:

diamond + sunrise never gave you angel or gold. the only possibilities with that combination were sunrise, griffin and leopard.

but recently a few players have confirmed breeding a gold dragon with fairy + diamond combo so now it seems to be possible to breed hybrids with diamond + hybrid :) i'm not 100% sure but i think i might be right..

This is correct :)