PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Weekly Update 3-20-13

kooky panda
03-18-13, 05:48 PM
Action Diner-1st

Attached a picture of the first prize for you all to see how it looks.:)

http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6098&d=1363828173 (http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6098&d=1363828173)

The petal pond is 2nd prize...I got it...yay...and the other second prize is a stone wall with a tree...very cute...got two of those....plus there is Tibetan Chest...love it...teak bench...and shoji lamp...that's all i got...what is the first prize?

TL Blog (http://blog.teamlava.com/post/45706038103/new-content-march-19-21-2013)

http://media.tumblr.com/3f2e19b0c257eb43b593a2d044ac427b/tumblr_inline_mjvmgrFcMP1qz4rgp.png
Take another moment to reflect on the serenity of your Restaurant. To help set the Zen mood, be sure to pick up the new Action Chef Box in Restaurant Story (https://www.facebook.com/restaurantstory)!

Curious to see what?s inside? Patience is a virtue, but here?s a glimpse anyway:

Jade Lotus
Potted Tree
Tibetan Chest
Stone and Tree

http://i.imgur.com/vrKffp6.png

Have your customers toss in a coin for good luck with the new Petal Pond in
Restaurant Story (https://www.facebook.com/restaurantstory)!

AutumnHikari
03-18-13, 05:52 PM
The petal pond looks cool....otherwise not really interested in this update. I'm not really going for an Asian theme in my bakery, and even if I was I feel like a lot of this stuff clashes with each other.

yupiyupigumgum
03-19-13, 01:13 AM
I like Asian furnitures, plants and animals. But, it doesn't always have to be Chinese, right? I mean, we've already got so many Chinese items and theme before. (Is it because some of Storm8 founders were Chinese? :p ) How about India? Or Thailand? Korea? Just a suggestion.

jmterao
03-19-13, 05:09 AM
No Easter this year? It's two weeks away!

elisang82
03-19-13, 06:00 AM
I don't think this is all Chinese items (including the past couple weeks updates). Seems like there is a mix of Chinese, Japanese, and other Asian cultures, like the Tibetan chest.

rainedrop101
03-19-13, 09:16 AM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7964/rstory.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/rstory.png/)

there we go :D

I went with a futuristic Asian theme which is fun, clean and crisp looking. Thank you for all the hard work that goes into this TL!

cherokee329
03-19-13, 09:47 AM
I'm ready to move on besides the jade dragon is taking up enough room so not going to add anymore Asian items. Bring on Easter:)

minidemon88
03-19-13, 10:18 AM
The Tibetan Chest looks nice but too bad those are in a box called Action Chef Box. Time to save some coins for my next expansion. I'm also waiting for Easter update. Hopefully there is one.

DancinPug
03-19-13, 11:55 AM
I'm really ready for a new theme. We didn't even get much for St. Patty's Day, I hope the Easter update is better and comes soon!

Cutie4life900
03-19-13, 01:48 PM
Where's the Easter celebration??? !!

yupiyupigumgum
03-19-13, 07:56 PM
I'm ready to move on besides the jade dragon is taking up enough room so not going to add anymore Asian items. Bring on Easter:)

Yeah! Bring on easter! I don't mind easter Panda, as long as it's easter theme.

lesami
03-20-13, 06:14 AM
I'm really ready for a new theme. We didn't even get much for St. Patty's Day, I hope the Easter update is better and comes soon!

Much ???? we didn't get anything, did we ????

TAB127
03-20-13, 10:00 AM
Much ???? we didn't get anything, did we ????

Nope not a single thing. RS had become my favorite TL game but the updates have been such let downs lately and then no St.Patricks Day update which is what I was looking forward to the most and now it looks like there'll be no Easter update either, it's like why bother anymore unless you want various Asian themes. I think I'll just stick with FS for now or at least until they go down hill too.

cherryberry9
03-20-13, 11:00 AM
Update is out - Just a box and a 4000 dollar floor tile. What a let down. I was hoping there would be a LTO for that pond thing.

jmterao
03-20-13, 01:41 PM
Wow, what a let down.

sugarmilkppm
03-20-13, 02:21 PM
I bought a ton of the new floor tiles but I'm a little bummed I can't get my hands on the petal fountain as a non-box item. I'm curious what all is in the Action Chef box; I very rarely ever buy boxes now because I've had too many experiences with getting a 4th place item that'd be nowhere near priced for gems on its own, but more like for coins instead. I just can't justify buying boxes anymore unless it's a box with enough lesser prizes that I like. The Cake & Tea box in Bakery Story for example was a box I enjoyed buying multiple times. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth to have a high chance of getting a teeny tiny box item that'd never be priced for gems on its own so I just don't go along with that particular "business model" anymore.

Baraze
03-20-13, 02:48 PM
I bought a ton of the new floor tiles but I'm a little bummed I can't get my hands on the petal fountain as a non-box item. I'm curious what all is in the Action Chef box; I very rarely ever buy boxes now because I've had too many experiences with getting a 4th place item that'd be nowhere near priced for gems on its own, but more like for coins instead. I just can't justify buying boxes anymore unless it's a box with enough lesser prizes that I like. The Cake & Tea box in Bakery Story for example was a box I enjoyed buying multiple times. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth to have a high chance of getting a teeny tiny box item that'd never be priced for gems on its own so I just don't go along with that particular "business model" anymore.

I feel the same way. I dont have good luck with boxes on this game. I always get stuck with multiple 4th or 3rd place items. Five in a row sometimes even. After the mess with the valentine one I wont be going near another one anytime soon. Thankfully enough great items and decor have been coming here. Even some out of the box.

They have no idea how much money they would make off of bakery if they did the same. Just once! The cake and tea box, along with the donut one are my loves. Im diving back in, as soon as I get a sale, to find the 1st place sweets display. I finally got first place in the donut box after about 8 tries.

bigbux3
03-20-13, 03:28 PM
Wow. I'm so happy with this update... wee. :(

Baraze
03-20-13, 03:30 PM

You almost had me worried there.

cherryberry9
03-20-13, 04:06 PM

Mee too.

cherryberry9
03-20-13, 04:07 PM
You almost had me worried there.

Oops meant to reply to your post saying me too.

thatgirl444
03-20-13, 05:16 PM
The petal pond is 2nd prize...I got it...yay...and the other second prize is a stone wall with a tree...very cute...got two of those....plus there is Tibetan Chest...love it...teak bench...and shoji lamp...that's all i got...what is the first prize?

FaithEternal
03-20-13, 05:32 PM
Where's the Easter celebration??? !!

Yes! Everyone I know has been wondering where the Easter stuff is, will there be any Easter updates?

thatgirl444
03-20-13, 05:34 PM
Omg omg...I just got first prize....called action dining....it looks incredible...but I have no where to place it yet, so that just from looking at the tiny pic

sweetstuff525
03-20-13, 05:41 PM
Omg omg...I just got first prize....called action dining....it looks incredible...but I have no where to place it yet, so that just from looking at the tiny pic

Congrats.... You should try to make room... So I can take a peek

mjauuuu
03-20-13, 05:55 PM
I also just got the 1 prize item! Looks absolutely stunning!! I have it out if anyone wants to take a peek. :-)

mjauuuu
03-20-13, 06:11 PM
I also just got the 1 prize item! Looks absolutely stunning!! I have it out if anyone wants to take a peek. :-)

http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6098&d=1363828173 (http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6098&d=1363828173)

chewytwix
03-20-13, 06:31 PM
oh jeez that thing is quite amazing. Possibly the best box item there is. Congrats!

mjauuuu
03-20-13, 07:00 PM
oh jeez that thing is quite amazing. Possibly the best box item there is. Congrats!

Thank you!!:D It also was my first ever 1 prize, so I'm quite ecstatic lol! In fact I love every single item inside this box. Couldn't be happier!!:D

thatgirl444
03-20-13, 07:11 PM
I found room in my place...lol...I think I have everything there is out if anyone wants to see....I adore this box!!! Best box ever!!

bigbux3
03-20-13, 09:08 PM

Looks great! Only if TeamLava had changed the little Thanksgiving guy's clothes.

bigbux3
03-20-13, 09:12 PM
Thank you!!:D It also was my first ever 1 prize, so I'm quite ecstatic lol! In fact I love every single item inside this box. Couldn't be happier!!:D

How many times did you buy from the box before you got the first place item? I never get good items and I hate that I don't.

nmishii
03-20-13, 10:14 PM
I found room in my place...lol...I think I have everything there is out if anyone wants to see....I adore this box!!! Best box ever!!

Can you post a picture of your restaurant? Or at least the part with the Stone Wall and Tree? Thanks.

mjauuuu
03-21-13, 03:34 AM
How many times did you buy from the box before you got the first place item? I never get good items and I hate that I don't.

I actually got it first try. I was shocked, just sat there staring at it and couldn't believe what I was seeing lol. You should give it a try though, you never know it might be your lucky box;)

bigbux3
03-21-13, 06:36 AM
I actually got it first try. I was shocked, just sat there staring at it and couldn't believe what I was seeing lol. You should give it a try though, you never know it might be your lucky box;)

I don't even like the Asian themes. And this is a third year go round. Plus, I only get 4th and RARELY 3rd place items in Restaurant Story. No matter what.

sharbuch
03-21-13, 07:16 PM
I didn't get any of this stuff I just finished the ice cream one got the jade dragon but I am not buy it for that many gem very disappointed.

dinendash7474
03-21-13, 07:38 PM
Excitement over the boxes seems to be waning. I used to like to come and see pictures of the new items in people restaurants or bakeries and the last couple of updates barely anything in both games. My neighbors that used to buy box items dont seem to any longer and neither do I. Hey TL see the trend??? Maybe you should either make those 4th place prizes worth something or eliminate them all together. With most of the newer boxes, the 4th place prizes are junk. That's what made me stop buying the boxes, duplicate 4th place prizes that I store and dont even want in my restaurant. Great use of gems... With most boxes, if there wasnt the risk of the 4th place prizes, I would definitely buy a lot of boxes. TL, I know you want to make money, here is a money making idea for you, get the excitement in the boxes back.

sweetstuff525
03-21-13, 07:46 PM
Excitement over the boxes seems to be waning. I used to like to come and see pictures of the new items in people restaurants or bakeries and the last couple of updates barely anything in both games. My neighbors that used to buy box items dont seem to any longer and neither do I. Hey TL see the trend??? Maybe you should either make those 4th place prizes worth something or eliminate them all together. With most of the newer boxes, the 4th place prizes are junk. That's what made me stop buying the boxes, duplicate 4th place prizes that I store and dont even want in my restaurant. Great use of gems... With most boxes, if there wasnt the risk of the 4th place prizes, I would definitely buy a lot of boxes. TL, I know you want to make money, here is a money making idea for you, get the excitement in the boxes back.
Agree they have to make all prizes be worth 24 gems

bigbux3
03-21-13, 08:02 PM

I agree very much. I can barely find 5 neighbors out of my list of 70+ who have bought from a new box.
But TeamLava doesn't really care. As long as their getting our money from the gems we buy.

cherryberry9
03-21-13, 09:39 PM
The other 2nd prize doesn't look big. If I open the box, I'll get 4th or that. I hate small items, bigger is better.

meme1098
03-22-13, 07:09 AM
I didn't get any of this stuff I just finished the ice cream one got the jade dragon but I am not buy it for that many gem very disappointed.

I think that reward was the Chef Lee. After finishing the last goal, you should receive the dragon as the goal prize.

Uamele
03-24-13, 08:12 PM
Ready for Easter already. Enough with the Asian stuff.