PDA

View Full Version : Game crashing?

miget411
03-16-13, 11:06 AM
I am on kindle and as I am visiting my neighbors the game stops responding. It happens after about 3 or 4 neighbors. I have uninstalled and reinstalled already. Is anyone else having this happen?

mityaj
03-16-13, 11:45 AM
Same thing on Android. Also, some neighbours I can't visit at all (crash right away) - I suspect these are accounts with new iOS quest feature

neferlicious
03-16-13, 03:58 PM
On my android tablet - granted, an older OS, I crash on visits to neighbors who are over level 32 or so. Sometimes I'll make it to the island but then crash before it loads or when trying to play. My concern is will this trend continue when I get to that level forcing me off my own island and leaving me unable to play. Time will tell.

salinho
03-16-13, 04:04 PM
Same thing on Android. Also, some neighbours I can't visit at all (crash right away) - I suspect these are accounts with new iOS quest feature

Seems like it. An android neighbor of mine tried to visit this account, which got the beta testing, but it crashed his game.

doop01
03-16-13, 04:12 PM
Seems like it. An android neighbor of mine tried to visit this account, which got the beta testing, but it crashed his game.

I've visited other neighbors today that has the dragon quest and it didn't crash. Tried yours again, no go. Don't know what's going on there.....

yayacupcake
03-16-13, 04:15 PM
I like to blame Aurora Borealis for almost everything.... and no, I'm nowhere near it. :P

kaylahni
03-16-13, 05:35 PM
On my android tablet - granted, an older OS, I crash on visits to neighbors who are over level 32 or so. Sometimes I'll make it to the island but then crash before it loads or when trying to play. My concern is will this trend continue when I get to that level forcing me off my own island and leaving me unable to play. Time will tell.

I am on iPhone 4s and I am also having this problem. I can only visit 3 or 4 people and then it crashes. I am at level 94 myself. Most of my neighbors are as well. I do have the new beta test/quest feature. This has been happening since the most recent update. ALSO...I have an old iphone that uses only wifi, so it's basically an ipod. I started a new account there and I've always been unable to visit anyone over level 30 or so. I'm now at level 22 myself and I can't do anything on my own island. I can clear my habitats and send maps but I can't even farm food without it crashing. My primary concern is on my main account since I have invested real money there and it is very frustrating to play when the game crashes every few visits. I seriously hope this issue is being addressed!

pegsfarm1
03-16-13, 06:31 PM
I am on iPad 1 and I have 3 or 4 neighbors that I always get kicked out of. Probably since the valentines version and now on the new updated regular version as well. Getting tired of restarting the game so often now!

salinho
03-16-13, 06:47 PM
I've visited other neighbors today that has the dragon quest and it didn't crash. Tried yours again, no go. Don't know what's going on there.....

Your island is hating on mine. :p

xvanillex
03-16-13, 09:12 PM
I'm on Android and I'm crashing a lot tonight too.

Cutbow
03-16-13, 09:21 PM
On Android; and tonight I cannot visit a specific IOS neighbor. Was able to play there and post on her wall earlier. Not sure if she has the new beta content. I tried 2 re-installs and still had the crashing/forced close. Also crashed with ND and VE clients too!

DragonTan1
03-16-13, 09:24 PM
Mine has been crashing, on DS (android) a lot after the update but when I play on ND which I didn't update, it works fine but still crashes just not as much as the updated DS does.

I am on iPad 1 and I have 3 or 4 neighbors that I always get kicked out of. Probably since the valentines version and now on the new updated regular version as well. Getting tired of restarting the game so often now!

Yeah, especially when you have those annoying pop ups too...

DragonTan1
03-16-13, 09:26 PM
On Android; and tonight I cannot visit a specific IOS neighbor. Was able to play there and post on her wall earlier. Not sure if she has the new beta content. I tried 2 re-installs and still had the crashing/forced close. Also crashed with ND and VE clients too!

I have visited neighbours who have the new beta content and it doesn't crash and I'm able to post on their wall, most of the time mine crashes on my own island.

Cutbow
03-16-13, 09:40 PM
Crash report says something beyond my scope under Exception class name: "java.lang.NullPointerException".

miget411
03-17-13, 12:04 AM
After I posted this, I crashed less often. I noticed that the island I was visiting and non-crashing on did not have iOS deco on them. I am really starting to believe the beta testing is causing it as well as high level players with lots of deco and dragons. I have one 94 lvl neighbor's island that I always lag on but have never DCed from it. It may be that others with weaker internet connections are now crashing from them.

Either way, this all started with the newest update of the missions thing for beta testers on iOS. It is just too bad that the step children on Android have to feel the pain as well. On the good side, Kendle doesn't have the high feeding costs, so I have just been farming food to level up my dragons instead.

doop01
03-17-13, 04:48 AM
My game's been crashing way more than usual over the last couple of days. Now there are neighbors I can't visit, some of them I've never had a problem with before. Very annoying!!!

kwhales
03-17-13, 06:10 AM
My game's been crashing way more than usual over the last couple of days. Now there are neighbors I can't visit, some of them I've never had a problem with before. Very annoying!!!

I just visited tonguelashing (plays on android) and his habitats didn't exist. His dragons were dancing on grass. Looked kinda cool. Then my game crashed and when I went into his island again, the habs were back.

mymummy789
03-17-13, 08:50 AM
Since the latest IOS update my DS crashes alot too. The longer i spend in the game the more it crashes

saintlover
03-17-13, 09:29 AM
ive noticed alot of crashing on my 1stgen ipad over the past week or so as well. Uninstall and reinstall hasnt made a difference. I assume there is a bug they are working on and it will be fixed shortly.

Nahla1010
03-17-13, 09:35 AM
I play only on an iPod (Wifi) and mine is the same with the crashing - mostly when I play neighbors who are level 94 and even on myself (I am level 94). SO annoying having to start over all the time and not being able to play on my best neighbors!!! Also, if I think I was done with say, clearing my habs or planting my farms - when I restart some time later, the game actually reverts to before I had done my clearing and planting - thus wasted time!!

Cutbow
03-17-13, 10:42 AM
Today crashing trying to visit same neighbor, and another neighbor as well. Bug reports the same NullPointerException and at the same line 291.

doop01
03-17-13, 02:31 PM
I just visited tonguelashing (plays on android) and his habitats didn't exist. His dragons were dancing on grass. Looked kinda cool. Then my game crashed and when I went into his island again, the habs were back.

I'm pretty sure I've visited tonguelashing ok, but I can't visit salinho at all! Just crashes every time I've tried, and I'm pretty sure I saw the island Lvl was between 60 & 70! So it's not even like it's a lvl thing for me. Seems like there are just random islands I can't get to anymore. It's weird

pegsfarm1
03-17-13, 04:37 PM
I just got kicked out 6 times in the last 20 minutes. Usually visiting an island level 94 with all spaces cleared - no more spaces to expand - but sometimes it is when I am on my own island. It is getting to the point where I don't want to visit my neighbors. So frustrating. I am on iPad 1. I am also on lvl 94.

03-17-13, 08:21 PM
I have been crashing a lot recently. Tired of even trying to visit. A lot of the time I can not even get into the game, no internet but I have internet for other things. Or the server has to be caught up. Very frustrating. Despite all the msg's TL I have had no response.

DragonTan1
03-17-13, 09:18 PM
I crashed a lot today too, on my own island.. never while visiting a neighbour though. Also the daily coin bonus doesn't add to my balance.

tonguelashing
03-18-13, 12:42 AM
Crash report says something beyond my scope under Exception class name: "java.lang.NullPointerException".

OK so it seems team lava deleted my list explaining g what this is and what it means....brilliant guys.

tonguelashing
03-18-13, 01:00 AM
I'm pretty sure I've visited tonguelashing ok, but I can't visit salinho at all! Just crashes every time I've tried, and I'm pretty sure I saw the island Lvl was between 60 & 70! So it's not even like it's a lvl thing for me. Seems like there are just random islands I can't get to anymore. It's weird

Thanks for visiting me...however may I ask that those that add me, post to my wall saying who they are? I get invites from a whack of people and have no way to corrolate who is who, so I end up deleting you as neighbors when really, I might want to keep you as neighbors.

So if you've invited me and been rejected, invite me again but post who you are to my wall, this I can accept the invite :-)

Thanks in advance :-)

warrior61280
03-18-13, 02:28 AM
Android - crashes constantly - in fact 5 times in the last 15 minutes. some were high level visits that overloaded my poor MoPho and others were random force close. I hope these crashes involve testing updates to Android/Kindle DS; if so, they will be worth it!

warrior61280
03-18-13, 02:56 AM
another force close - opening "social" window while visiting another android island

warrior61280
03-18-13, 03:00 AM
another force close - this time "ios beta" tester

warrior61280
03-18-13, 03:07 AM
again - force close when accessing "social"

warrior61280
03-18-13, 03:34 AM
guess what - another FC while accessing "social" when visiting

warrior61280
03-18-13, 03:36 AM
This time sound went out - so rebooting phone, not inclined to uninstall app - chances are, I wont reinstall it after that.

utopiarose
03-18-13, 05:30 AM
So far I have not had any crashing problems, mine is about level 40 maybe 41. Hopefully it doesn't start.

Cutbow
03-18-13, 06:27 AM
Able to visit friend again this morning. Was force closing possibly due to outpost quest. She did not have that quest today; and coincidentally, no issues visiting her. *Happydances*

Cutbow
03-18-13, 06:47 AM
Still cannot visit second neighbor, crashing before arrival, and presuming he still has an active outpost quest.

kms899
03-18-13, 08:54 AM
I think this is happening with everyone, hopefully TL can post something knowing the situation is being looking into.

lizziet519
03-18-13, 03:43 PM
I have certain neighbours I can't visit. I have tried all three games available to Android and it just isn't happening. This is very frustrating.

zan5
03-18-13, 07:00 PM
This keeps happening to me when I try to visit one neighbor. Frustrating!!!
Is anyone from TL going to respond to this problem and suggest a fix????!!!

NouraMoh
03-18-13, 08:09 PM
Is it just happening to Android devices ?
Cause I'm on IOS, 3 devices: iPad3, IPhone 4S and IPod Touch and the game is working fine

I hope it gets fixed soon for you guys. I can imagine how frustrating it can be

empress2013
03-18-13, 08:51 PM
Constant force closing when I try to visit some iphone players and players with a lot of junk on their islands

annbluebird
03-18-13, 10:35 PM
Constant force closing when I try to visit some iphone players and players with a lot of junk on their islands

Sameon Android too,so i m not the only one to notice that it happens with iOS users !

mymummy789
03-19-13, 01:10 AM
Is it just happening to Android devices ?
Cause I'm on IOS, 3 devices: iPad3, IPhone 4S and IPod Touch and the game is working fine

I hope it gets fixed soon for you guys. I can imagine how frustrating it can be
I'm on ipod touch 4 and mine crashes regularly :(

angela3737
03-19-13, 03:39 AM
Posted on bug thread as well ..Valentines version crashed often ( maybe every 15 minutes ) but could play.but past week crashes constantly .. Tried this week with updated orginal version with new features like breed boost.... Now crashes every few seconds ..can't fully plant or collect or trade or breed without a guaranteed crash .playing on ios iPad first generation

tonguelashing
03-19-13, 11:50 AM
Android version (latest) crash, decided to take a look at the report (which I'm sending in), here's what it says:

Exception class name: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Source: BitmapFactory.Java
Source class: android.graphics.BitmapFactory

Running on Acer A500 tablet, Android version: 4.0.3 (stock kernel)

tonguelashing
03-19-13, 11:51 AM
I'm on ipod touch 4 and mine crashes regularly :(

I got my son playing on his iPod touch also. It crashes there a few times. I don't know if it's crashes since we updated the version of iOS he's running, I'll have to ask him.

FrozenTurtle
03-19-13, 01:44 PM
Thanks for all the reports! For anyone experiencing force close issues with Dragon Story, first try deleting and reinstalling the most current version of the game.

Current Versions: iOS - 1.3, Android - 1.0.7.1, Kindle - 1.0.5.5

For Android players, please also try clearing your cache and closing any apps running in the background. For iOS players, please also try closing any apps running in the background.

If you continue to experience these issues, please respond with your Device/OS and your Storm8 ID (if different from your Forum Name). Thanks!

Cutbow
03-19-13, 05:12 PM
Still force closing before arrival at IOS neighbor after clearing cache, uninstalling, re-installing 1.0.7.1, and closing extra apps. Device is Verizon LG Lucid (Cayman, VS840 4G), on Android OS. Storm8ID = Forum Name
Thanks for all the reports! For anyone experiencing force close issues with Dragon Story, first try deleting and reinstalling the most current version of the game.

Current Versions: iOS - 1.3, Android - 1.0.7.1, Kindle - 1.0.5.5

For Android players, please also try clearing your cache and closing any apps running in the background. For iOS players, please also try closing any apps running in the background.

If you continue to experience these issues, please respond with your Device/OS and your Storm8 ID (if different from your Forum Name). Thanks!

saintlover
03-19-13, 05:33 PM
I cant even collect all my coins. Will try and do the reinstall again. Didnt help the first time I did it.

miget411
03-19-13, 06:28 PM
Yesterday it was only 3 islands I found that I was crashing when trying to visit, but today I have found 2 new ones causing me to crash. Again, I am on Kindle v. 1.0.5.5 and already did the suggested fix after crashing again on ironicly Crash's Island.

tonguelashing
03-19-13, 06:30 PM
Yesterday it was only 3 islands I found that I was crashing when trying to visit, but today I have found 2 new ones causing me to crash. Again, I am on Kindle v. 1.0.5.5 and already did the suggested fix after crashing again on ironicly Crash's Island.

I don't think it's specific islands. I'll crash even on my own island from time to time, usually after visiting 5-10 neighbors.

tonguelashing
03-19-13, 06:32 PM
In fact my research has determined no dicernable pattern just yet, I'm close though...I know what it is and what is happening and somewhat "why" it's happening, but don't know more than that. I can't consistently reproduce it by doing a specific set of tasks, and that's what I'm trying to figure out now.

miget411
03-19-13, 06:35 PM
Just cleared cache then uninstalled and reinstalled again. Crashed on 2nd island visited. Checked cache again to make sure and after clearing almost 100MB there is another 38.82 MB from 6 min of playing.

kwhales
03-19-13, 06:40 PM
I am iphone4 IOS. My game crashes occasionally. At least once a day with no rythme or reason. Sometimes while I am collecting coins, sometimes while i am in-between visiiting neighbors - meaning not while I am on an island, but after I pick another neighbor to visit and fruitful is chasing his apple, the game will close.

Sometimes it doesn't crash, it just rebutts itself and goes back to my news page. Other times, it doesn't let me visit neighbors off of the news thread or wall. I have to go back to my neighbors list to play them. (I tap on the blue visit and go no where. Tap, tap tap, nothing. I then tap on another neighbor and it works. This just happens to two neighbors so far.)

annbluebird
03-19-13, 07:12 PM
I v uninstalled and reinstalled the last DS android version many times now. cleared caches before i log in and just after the crash or forced close. it s still the same. cant visit some neighbors, cant collect ot breed or plant without log in several times. sometimes I plant log out and log in again = > farms are empty ! same when I collect, I log out then log in and it s like I didnt collect before ! .... shush and it s the same problem with the three DS versions

annbluebird
03-19-13, 07:23 PM
I v uninstalled and reinstalled the last DS android version many times now. cleared caches before i log in and just after the crash or forced close. it s still the same. cant visit some neighbors, cant collect ot breed or plant without log in several times. sometimes I plant log out and log in again = > farms are empty ! same when I collect, I log out then log in and it s like I didnt collect before ! .... shush and it s the same problem with the three DS versions

Oh and my device is Motorola Defy (MB525 - android 2.2.2) storm ID Bunjiexs - and tab is "Touch tablet" WA (CT1002PLUS - android 4.0.3) storm ID annbluebird
Same problem on both !

angela3737
03-20-13, 06:00 AM
Still crashes / force close after deleted and redownloaded ..closed out all background games..

iOS 5.1.1 iPad first generation... Dragon version 1.3..in fact forced closed about 6 x without touching anything just opening the game..storm id the same

LilMzB4Life
03-20-13, 06:38 AM
I am on kindle and as I am visiting my neighbors the game stops responding. It happens after about 3 or 4 neighbors. I have uninstalled and reinstalled already. Is anyone else having this happen?

This happens on my Kindle Fire as well. Game either crashes or stops responding.

rita6834
03-20-13, 07:05 AM
I'm having the same problem. crashing constantly. I'm using a Samsung galaxy s3. I'm also playing New dawn

FrozenTurtle
03-20-13, 10:26 AM
Thanks for all the info, everyone! We're currently investigating the cause.

rita6834
03-20-13, 01:58 PM
Thank you
Thanks for all the info, everyone! We're currently investigating the cause.

lovepuppies117
03-20-13, 03:07 PM
I am on a Kindle Fire HD....I am SO frustrated with my game crashing :-( I!! I also have put a lot of money in this game!! I can't visit, I can't chat with my wonderful neighbors! Team Lava DO SOMETHING PLEASE!! When I send gold or maps to my neighbors, I cringed and hope it makes it to them...after I crash everytime!!! HELP US!!

kwhales
03-20-13, 03:10 PM
I am on a Kindle Fire HD....I am SO frustrated with my game crashing :-( I!! I also have put a lot of money in this game!! I can't visit, I can't chat with my wonderful neighbors! Team Lava DO SOMETHING PLEASE!! When I send gold or maps to my neighbors, I cringed and hope it makes it to them...after I crash everytime!!! HELP US!!

Umm, they are. See the post above yours.

saintlover
03-20-13, 03:42 PM
After mega frustration I reinstalled DS and the crashing continued if not even worse. I then tried a hard restart (hold the home and power button until the device powers off) and let it sit turned off overnight. Haven't had a single crash today in DS or any other app for that matter. Yey!

funnyrandomness5112
03-20-13, 03:47 PM
My Ipod Crashes if I have been playing for a long period of time..

DragonTan1
03-20-13, 09:07 PM
I'm not having any problems now on iOS, it did force close twice though but loaded with no problem afterwards... On android it kept crashing, sometimes 5+ times in 15 mins.

FrozenTurtle
03-20-13, 09:12 PM
We just submitted a new version of Dragon Story (1.0.7.2) to Google Play which should resolve issues of force closing when visiting iOS neighbors. Android users, please update to see if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for everyone's patience!

miget411
03-20-13, 09:39 PM
We just submitted a new version of Dragon Story (1.0.7.2) to Google Play which should resolve issues of force closing when visiting iOS neighbors. Android users, please update to see if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for everyone's patience!

Does this mean it is not available to Kindle players?

rudipreciousmocha
03-20-13, 10:05 PM
I am on Android and this is happening to me, too. Never happened before. I've not done anything different.

nmishii
03-20-13, 10:11 PM
I am on Android and this is happening to me, too. Never happened before. I've not done anything different.

See post 67. There's a fix.

tonguelashing
03-20-13, 10:35 PM

Just updated and will test it out.

annbluebird
03-20-13, 10:46 PM
Im going to test it too,i will send a post tomorrow to tell if it works for me too

tonguelashing
03-20-13, 11:19 PM
Well, still get some crashes of varying types. Some of them don't even produce a report to send in, but I can tell you it was visiting a high level iOS player with lots of decorations on his island.

Actually, this player goes back and forth between iOS and android on the same island.

Tried to visit again and it worked, but usual slowness moving around an island with too many decorations.

annbluebird
03-20-13, 11:59 PM
Couldnt wait to tell that: I updated DS and

- on my tab : first time since jan2013 that i can visit my 23neighbors in less than an hour. Left tips and small comments, no lag, no forced close, screen move softly. I v visited heavy island as light ones. No problem

- on my phone : first time since nov2012 that i m able to visit my 12neighbors without forced close. Left tips nd comments as well. No crash, no lag.

+ I tried to visit my "phone" island thru my "tab's" island - "phone" was visiting a neighbor - guess what : first time it didnt crash during a visit.

Then, for me, update is great and helpful. You cant imagine how i feel now : it is a real pleasure !

annbluebird
03-21-13, 12:07 AM

- on my tab : first time since jan2013 that i can visit my 23neighbors in less than an hour. Left tips and small comments, no lag, no forced close, screen move softly. I v visited heavy island as light ones. No problem

- on my phone : first time since nov2012 that i m able to visit my 12neighbors without forced close. Left tips nd comments as well. No crash, no lag.

+ I tried to visit my "phone" island thru my "tab's" island - "phone" was visiting a neighbor - guess what : first time it didnt crash during a visit.

Then, for me, update is great and helpful. You cant imagine how i feel now : it is a real pleasure !

Forgot to say thank you ! Hope this will not end !

annbluebird
03-21-13, 12:55 AM
I have to slow down.. It was too great to be true
Game is still fine on tab BUT

Forced close on phone when I :
- send maps requests
- send gold
- leave a comment - after four or five visits...

tonguelashing
03-21-13, 09:36 AM

That's definitely not my experience. Still getting a lot of crashes , in particular out of memory errors at various points doing simple tasks. This is called a memory leak and TL needs to track this down ASAP. I can help with it if they want some additional programming help.

Moonfell1
03-21-13, 09:47 AM
I'm on iPad 1, version 1.3 n still force close almost every 10 minutes. Already deleted n reinstall. Please help. Thanks😊

pegsfarm1
03-21-13, 10:32 AM
Same as Moonfell1. IPad 1, version 1.3. Deleted and reinstalled twice. Still force closes several times in 10 minute span. So frustrating!

Magikot
03-21-13, 11:01 AM
I'm still crashing as well. I wasn't in the game long before it happened, I was visiting my second island. Android 4.1.1 on Galaxy Note 2. So far the clashes aren't giving me error reports. I'll submit it if one pops up.

hamadrys
03-21-13, 12:41 PM
Crashing when I try to visit some islands. The new things is that it crashes way before it loads the neighbor's island. Like it stumbles on a particular name. Each time the same names, I haven't been able to visit for days now.

Loxieland
03-21-13, 02:50 PM
Crashes for the last four days when I visit a certain 2 neighbors.

FrozenTurtle
03-21-13, 02:53 PM
Crashing when I try to visit some islands. The new things is that it crashes way before it loads the neighbor's island. Like it stumbles on a particular name. Each time the same names, I haven't been able to visit for days now.

Crashes for the last four days when I visit a certain 2 neighbors.

Thanks for letting us know. It's probably due to the same issue, but this fix was only for Android users with access to Google Play. We haven't released a fix for Kindle yet. Sorry!

redskyjuice
03-21-13, 03:16 PM
Does this only apply to when you visit someone? Because today my game started crashing for the first time ever. I didn't even visit anyone. It's been happening when I'm just at my home island.

redskyjuice
03-21-13, 03:17 PM
Does this only apply to when you visit someone? Because today my game started crashing for the first time ever. I didn't even visit anyone. It's been happening when I'm just at my home island.

I'm on iOS

Cutbow
03-21-13, 03:19 PM
Just updated and will test it out.

Updated client (1.0.7.2) seems to be working, and not F/C when going to actively Outpost questing neighbors now. Still seem to have memory leak issues after prolonged open client with multiple visits to high deco islands. Work around is to close the client every 8-10 visits. Thanks for the fix; looking forward to more, and especially ones for our Kindle neighbors too!

annbluebird
03-21-13, 04:53 PM
That's definitely not my experience. Still getting a lot of crashes , in particular out of memory errors at various points doing simple tasks. This is called a memory leak and TL needs to track this down ASAP. I can help with it if they want some additional programming help.

Would be nice, it makes a long time you proposed it.

annbluebird
03-21-13, 04:57 PM
Still quite good on DS regular on tab and phone (phone : if I dont send something)
Now if there is another DS to download I didnt try it yet. will first get it and post later

knj00
03-21-13, 05:14 PM
The crashing is driving me crazy.. happens several times every time I am on. :(

annbluebird
03-21-13, 05:18 PM
The crashing is driving me crazy.. happens several times every time I am on. :(

If android, did you try recent update?

knj00
03-21-13, 05:19 PM
If android, did you try recent update?

nope, iOS

Moonfell1
03-21-13, 08:59 PM
Today my DS crashed even more. Every 5 minutes n in my own island too.

tonguelashing
03-21-13, 10:24 PM
Today my DS crashed even more. Every 5 minutes n in my own island too.

If you're on android, there appears to be a nasty memory leak which is causing many crashes. I've sent several reports in today alone.

My fiancee is on iOS, and she has quit a few force quits on her iPad (first generation, but recent OS version) but there isn't a reporting option for iOS it seems . Her iPhone doesn't crash it seems. Resets a lot, but doesn't quit like her iPad account.

winkysy
03-22-13, 12:05 AM
i'm on IOS and these 2 days it crashes practically every 5 moves i made.

winkysy
03-22-13, 12:07 AM
and yes, on Ipad 1. does not happen on my iphone.

mymummy789
03-22-13, 12:45 AM

I'm IOS too and mine crashes when I am on my own island. It seems to happen more when I am moving things around. I have just removed a fair amount of decorations to see if that helps.

annbluebird
03-22-13, 01:40 AM
Everything was good during one day then now some forced close, crash and reboot very often when I visit, send maps or gold, tried the 2 new versions 1.0.7.2, same problems on both, Android phone or tablet. Of course i v cleared cache and close other apps to free some more memory. Some of my Android neighbors still have problems to visit others island even with new update. I feel a bit lucky.

dansonic
03-22-13, 02:57 AM
I am on iPad 1 and my game crashes a lot now. More so since I got the questing outpost. This is happening when I am on my own island. I have all new updates. Getting a bit bored of being chucked out of the game every few minutes!

Moonfell1
03-22-13, 03:42 AM
I'm on iPad 1, version 5.1.1 (first generation). Make me so hard to visit my neighbor. Deleted n reinstalled so many times, but still same.

Loxieland
03-22-13, 09:04 AM
Only have crashes when I try to visit a certain 2 neighbors (on going for 5 days).

Sorry all you IOS have so many crashes. First time I've ever been happy to play on Kindle. lol

FrozenTurtle
03-22-13, 10:31 AM
For iPad 1 users, is there any specific action you are making when the game force closes?

angela3737
03-22-13, 10:37 AM
I'm also on iPad 5.1.1 first generation ... ( also play on itouch 3rd generation ).. With recent dragon update my iPad crashes every few seconds ..don't even need to touch .. Almost impossible to plant the 6 things without crashing , can't use the portal , collect ..can't be on long enough to try to visit .....takes a full dayto get a few moves to " stick " .. Constantly undoes what I thought was finished steps I did ...

Not just dragon..same timing almost as Dragon castle also constantly crashing now on the iPad... I play DS ms FS RS bs hotel home zoo with never having crash issues on the ipad... Pet shop since summer update unplayable with its crashes so stopped playing ...DS and castle if not fixed will also have to stop since I can't really play at all and they are my favorite ....
Side note ..play all the same games on itouch ..none have crashing issues ever.. I constantly uninstall delete reinstall ..close background games to clear but still no difference ......

I do have the breeder booster on the new version and that is hen things went south ..I tried to go back on v day version but also crashing now there...noticed now when dragon game first comes on the game is in super zoom mode automatically ..stsrting there or zooming out no difference on force closing ...

Moonfell1
03-22-13, 10:44 AM
When my game force close, I turn off my iPad n restart over. Then keep crashed so I deleted n reinstalled. Today, I almost can't play DS.

pegsfarm1
03-22-13, 01:48 PM
I am an iPad 1 user. Having same issues as angela3737. I am at level 94. When I first sign on, I try to collect all my coins and crops that are done. Almost always get kicked out half way through that. Dragons are moving very slow at that point. Sign back in and have to do some of the steps over again. Then I start visiting neighbors. I get kicked out of almost every level 94 neighbor part way through leaving my 6 likes. I have been trying to play for the last hour and just finished clearing out my island and visited only 4 neighbors. Kicked out 8 times. So frustrating. I also get kicked out of Castle Story when visiting high level neighbors. I love playing bakery and farm, since I never get kicked out of them!

infinitelove19
03-22-13, 02:16 PM
For iPad 1 users, is there any specific action you are making when the game force closes?

I find it almost always happens on my ipad 1, when I'm collecting food, planting food, or immediately after planting (usually while tapping habitats.) When I get back in all or most of my planting is undone & I have to do it again.

VERY annoying. For me it usually happens every other planting, so every 10-15 minutes or so.

DaojinWildfire
03-22-13, 08:26 PM
So for most of the iPad1 crashes, it usually occurs when you visit another level 94 player? Before the game crashes, are you able to see if they have a Quest Outpost?

pegsfarm1
03-23-13, 04:22 AM
This has been happening to me since I downloaded the Valentine's edition and then when I deleted that and installed the updated regular edition the beginning of March, it has been increasingly worse. It happens on my own island as well. I do not have the quest outpost, but I do have the breed boost. But as I said, this has been happening long before those new items. Just seems much worse now.

Moonfell1
03-23-13, 05:49 AM
I'm at lvl 94 too. I can see the quest outpost. But don't have it. N same as pegsfarm1 too. It happening since I update the latest version. 1.3. N it is getting worse now.

Delforce
03-23-13, 07:04 AM
I don't know if this will help but iOS released a new update a couple days ago.
I use iPad with iOS 6.1.3
I'm lvl 94, don't have outpost BUT I have NO problem visiting those that do have outpost.

Delforce
03-23-13, 07:06 AM
Oh I just noticed iPad 1 was mentioned...I have latest iPad so above post is probably irrelevant to me. Sorry, was only trying to help

angela3737
03-23-13, 12:21 PM
Since my last post ...something strange happened since this morning ..my Dragon and castle on iPad first generation has not been crashing that much..I was able for the first time to plant and collect without a single crash ..I did my usual delete reinstall yesterday ( I do that every few days to see if it will ever improve )... After I did that, it still kept crashing for another 10 hours ...but past few hours not bad.( only 2 crashes in 5 hours. Where before it would take 4 hours to do 5 moves)....interesting .....no sure if it matters ,I'm level 94.. .. Did something magically happen ?

LilMzB4Life
03-23-13, 01:03 PM
My Kindle game keeps crashing whenever I try to visit a neighbor. I'm afraid to uninstall and then reinstall because I don't know if my progress has been saved on TL server. I'm lvl 40 and I don't want to lose my diamond or crusader. Any help would be appreciated.

annbluebird
03-23-13, 02:10 PM
My Kindle game keeps crashing whenever I try to visit a neighbor. I'm afraid to uninstall and then reinstall because I don't know if my progress has been saved on TL server. I'm lvl 40 and I don't want to lose my diamond or crusader. Any help would be appreciated.

You will not lose anything. I did ait very often and kept everything

LilMzB4Life
03-23-13, 02:41 PM
Ok, thank you. I uninstall and then reinstalled game. Still unable to visit new neighbor. Added him/her to my main game and he/she is only lvl 25, has only a few decorations but has the outpost. I think that is why I am unable to visit because I didn't have any problem visiting my other neighbors.

FrozenTurtle
03-23-13, 05:10 PM
Ok, thank you. I uninstall and then reinstalled game. Still unable to visit new neighbor. Added him/her to my main game and he/she is only lvl 25, has only a few decorations but has the outpost. I think that is why I am unable to visit because I didn't have any problem visiting my other neighbors.

If they have a dragon currently on an adventure when you visit them, your game will most likely crash. We were able to get a fix for Android, but still looking into a fix for Kindle. Sorry for the inconvenience!

hamadrys
03-23-13, 06:15 PM
Much better since Easter update. I can now visit the neighbors where my game would usually force close.

LilMzB4Life
03-23-13, 06:24 PM
If they have a dragon currently on an adventure when you visit them, your game will most likely crash. We were able to get a fix for Android, but still looking into a fix for Kindle. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thank you so much for letting me know. I appreciate everything you all are doing.

annbluebird
03-23-13, 06:46 PM

Was Nice to have an update for Android to fix this, tyvm ! but... game still forced close when feed dragons/plant/visit/send maps or gold. A bit less but still. For example, I v feed my dragons two hours ago then closed the game.. I came back half an hour ago and it was like if I didnt do anything. Had to log in and out three times to have them definitivly feed.

tonguelashing
03-24-13, 09:35 AM
I've sent in countless reports of the crashes 'outofmemoryerror' reports for the Android version of DS. Its virtually unplayable. There is a huge memory leak or garbage collection (java term) issue. This really needs to be top priority in the android version of the game. Then add missing features to bring it in par with iOS version.

pegsfarm1
03-24-13, 09:36 AM

How about a fix for iPad 1 too?

annbluebird
03-24-13, 03:57 PM
How about a fix for iPad 1 too?

They are working on, they asked players to explain the bad issues ... read below

pegsfarm1
03-25-13, 02:24 PM
It seems to happen to me most often when I am visiting a neighbor level 94 that has all or just about all spaces used. In other words, they probably cannot expand anymore. But then again, it happens on my own island as well. I have posted several replies to this thread in hopes we will get a fix for these crashes on iPad 1.

ShovilleDs
03-25-13, 08:15 PM
Another player who loves the game - playing on Kindle with increasing problems.
1) neighbors whose sites I cannot get to - the system forceably closes each time I attempt to visit one of these neighbors (so predictable I end a session by attempting to visit one of these.) This has been going on for about 5 days.
2) multiple game shut downs even when not attempting to visit one of problematic sites - or game stops with the message that "Application Dragon Story is not responding." Usually to that one, can press "wait" instead of "close." but frequency of this greatly slows progress of the game.
3) System seens to be moving slower the more I advance up levels and/or expand on isles. The game moves so slowly (and jumpy) when attempting to visit neighbors with level 94 that I hesitate to visit.
this worries me - because I fear that I will have the same trouble with my own site as I advance (level 47 now).
I have been an enthusiastic player - and it is tempting to invest real money in the game - like 500 gold coin habitats - but I don't want to do that if I will soon arrive at a place where the game is not playable on a Kindle.

I have heard about un-installing and re-installing. I don't know how to do that. And the one neighbor I know who has done that did it repeatedly, it didn't help sufficiently to make a difference, and she has quit playing.

I suspect that all of this is on your radar. You have designed a delightful game - one that I would like to continue to play, but unfortunately fear I am playing it on a device that can't really support the game.

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 11:11 PM
I must have submitted 25-30 bug reports in the last few days, so I hope its helping

saintlover
03-25-13, 11:23 PM
Well the force close fix only works for a very short time then I constantly crash. Can't even get past the popups half the time.

tonguelashing
03-26-13, 06:51 AM
I *think* I've narrowed down the android crashes and slowness issues. It happens after visiting (or while visiting) certain iOS players, particularly those that have a lot of decorations and/or of a high level.. if I visit a high level android player, even with lots of decorations, I don't have movement issues and the game doesn't crash with memory errors.

So something about loading up an island for iOS player causes memory related crash...big badda boom -- Lilou (fith element)

drevo77
03-26-13, 06:34 PM
I have noticed my game on andriod to be laggy for a while, and recently since I did my IOS update, dragon story and fashion story are a lot slower than normal, in particular when visiting people with many epics! The only game that seems to be having normally is Castle story

drevo77
03-26-13, 06:49 PM
I am on iPhone 4s and I am also having this problem. I can only visit 3 or 4 people and then it crashes. I am at level 94 myself. Most of my neighbors are as well. I do have the new beta test/quest feature. This has been happening since the most recent update. ALSO...I have an old iphone that uses only wifi, so it's basically an ipod. I started a new account there and I've always been unable to visit anyone over level 30 or so. I'm now at level 22 myself and I can't do anything on my own island. I can clear my habitats and send maps but I can't even farm food without it crashing. My primary concern is on my main account since I have invested real money there and it is very frustrating to play when the game crashes every few visits. I seriously hope this issue is being addressed!I have the same IOS, no beta test though and its starting lagging. Today it has been like groundhog day. Slow!

Hueter
03-27-13, 12:40 AM
I've watched, that the daily coin award isn't shown every day. Now it has restarted with day 1. I'm unable to send gifts from neighbor menu most time, because it tells me, i've send it already, but i didn't. I'm only able to Gift back, but if I check more than 1 neighbor it crashes. It seems that the gifts from neighbors not arrive at my island most time, because somtimes I got a lot of messages, that I can gift back, but these messages are 7 days old, and the gold never arrived me. It seems that the game crash anytime, I visit another Island, while someone plays with my ra

Hueter
03-27-13, 12:58 AM
I've watched, that the daily coin award isn't shown every day. Now it has restarted with day 1. I'm unable to send gifts from neighbor menu most time, because it tells me, i've send it already, but i didn't. I'm only able to Gift back, but if I check more than 1 neighbor it crashes. It seems that the gifts from neighbors not arrive at my island most time, because somtimes I got a lot of messages, that I can gift back, but these messages are 7 days old, and the gold never arrived me. It seems that the game crash anytime, I visit another Island, while someone plays with my ra with my dragons, because after restart the game there is most time a message, that someone visited my island. After adding a new neighbor, DS always crashs. I've DS 1.0.7.2 Androi. Hope this help to fix some things.

Loxieland
03-27-13, 03:30 AM

I'm play on Kindle and I hope they fix it soon. It's been ten days since I can visit certain neighbors and I'm afraid they will think I quit the game. If they delete me that will be another slap in the face as a Kindle player on TL games.

kwhales
03-27-13, 03:35 AM
I'm play on Kindle and I hope they fix it soon. It's been ten days since I can visit certain neighbors and I'm afraid they will think I quit the game. If they delete me that will be another slap in the face as a Kindle player on TL games.

Post on your wall that you are having a game problem when visiting neighbors. The true neighbors will not delete you.

Loxieland
03-27-13, 08:51 AM
Post on your wall that you are having a game problem when visiting neighbors. The true neighbors will not delete you.

Hope not, but some are too busy to scroll through walls I think.

drevo77
03-27-13, 09:49 AM
I've watched, that the daily coin award isn't shown every day. Now it has restarted with day 1. I'm unable to send gifts from neighbor menu most time, because it tells me, i've send it already, but i didn't. I'm only able to Gift back, but if I check more than 1 neighbor it crashes. It seems that the gifts from neighbors not arrive at my island most time, because somtimes I got a lot of messages, that I can gift back, but these messages are 7 days old, and the gold never arrived me. It seems that the game crash anytime, I visit another Island, while someone plays with my ra
Im having that issue aswell., what the hell? lol had daily bonus collection today for first time in a while

pegsfarm1
03-29-13, 10:24 AM
Any reply yet on fixes for iPad 1 users? See all my previous posts in this thread and also under bugs and feedback. Getting very frustrated with this issue of kicking me out every 5 minutes or so.

pegsfarm1
03-30-13, 12:51 PM
I want to keep this thread going up near the top so moderators don't ignore it. My sister just quit playing due to all the crashes. I love this gave, but it crashes so often, it takes way too long to play each day. Please fix this problem! We are both iPad 1 users.

miget411
03-30-13, 03:36 PM
I get the force close on so many islands now it is unreal. I even crash on Stormie's park.

chiefdragon
03-30-13, 09:39 PM
I was trying to breed my Fire and Magic dragon but whenever I put them together to breed, they disappear. I tried this 5 times and they kept on disappearing. I have noticed they have also deducted 200 coins whenever I tried to breed them. So I'm out of 1000 coins and unable to breed.

tonguelashing
03-30-13, 09:45 PM
I just had the famous NullPointerException error...haven't seen it in a while mostly the OutOfMemoryError crashes. NullPointerException...Dangling pointer...You've gone and referenced a pointer for which you still need the data..DOH! You guys really need my help in the Android Port of this game...this is getting comical.

shangee
03-31-13, 06:49 PM
I am also a frustrated kindle user who is close to giving up. Force close issues getting worse making it difficult to visit many nbrs. Also,sick of breeding for HOURS the same dang eggs over and over. NO FUN TL...COME ON PLEASE!!!!!!!

FrozenTurtle
04-01-13, 01:32 PM
I get the force close on so many islands now it is unreal. I even crash on Stormie's park.

The force closing issue with visiting Stormie's Park should be fixed.

pegsfarm1
04-01-13, 01:33 PM
I have 2 more neighbors quitting due to the crashing issues. I am getting close. I get popped out so often.... Come on and fix this please!

leaable
04-01-13, 02:59 PM
As a guess it's probably your device not able to handle the graphics and that's why it's crashing. This used to happen to me in HDS

pegsfarm1
04-02-13, 05:03 AM
The force closing issue with visiting Stormie's Park should be fixed.

Frozen Turtle, you have a very appropriate name for this thread! Let's change it to un-frozen soon please! I was kicked out again twice this morning from my own island within 10 minutes. IPad 1.

saintlover
04-02-13, 09:00 AM
My constant crashing is back with a vengeance. The force close only works for a very short time then I'm back to not being able to do anything. I cant even get into the shop. I have to basically play on the Valentines edition and try to get into the regular version for the spin and breeding.

hamadrys
04-02-13, 10:04 AM
Since today I am experiencing a problem with invisible habitats, dragons and decorations. I have uninstalled the game and downloaded it back, but there is no change.

QueenAssassin21
04-02-13, 10:30 AM

I was trying to visit someone (not neighbour) and it just crashed straight away, tried about 5 times. Just kept force closing. Tried installing again & it still happened. I'm Android user.

tonguelashing
04-02-13, 10:44 AM
I was trying to visit someone (not neighbour) and it just crashed straight away, tried about 5 times. Just kept force closing. Tried installing again & it still happened. I'm Android user.

Doesn't make me want to rush out and update my version. Come on TL, make A REAL EFFORT to fix the problems with the Android version of the app. Bring it up to par with iOS version of the app...stop being lame coders and concentrate on making things work before trying to make improvements for your iOS users. At this point, I think I can code circles around you...and that's not good for you.

FrozenTurtle
04-02-13, 10:54 AM
Frozen Turtle, you have a very appropriate name for this thread! Let's change it to un-frozen soon please! I was kicked out again twice this morning from my own island within 10 minutes. IPad 1.

My constant crashing is back with a vengeance. The force close only works for a very short time then I'm back to not being able to do anything. I cant even get into the shop. I have to basically play on the Valentines edition and try to get into the regular version for the spin and breeding.

We're still looking into the force close issues that iPad 1 players are experiencing.

Do you happen to know this player's Storm8 ID? If you do, please send me a PM.

hamadrys
04-02-13, 10:57 AM
What about my invisible dragons/habitats/decorations issue? Android Easter version. Thanks :)

Delforce
04-02-13, 11:08 AM
What about my invisible dragons/habitats/decorations issue? Android Easter version. Thanks :)

Another nbr of mine mentioned some of my dragons seemed to be walking around without habitats. She was using Valentines. Then she switched to regular and the prob disappeared. My dragons were locked back in their habitats, lol

hamadrys
04-02-13, 06:09 PM
Same issues on Easter or Regular... On regular, the dragons themselves are half there or just the head, decorations are missing, eggs on nest are invisible...
On Easter, habitats are missing, dragons are invisible, large decorations are invisible.
I am downloading New Dawn as I have read someone said it runs smoother. I didn't use to have a problem with any of all this. What the heck has happened in 48 hours to rot the game so much ? Errrr

hamadrys
04-02-13, 06:13 PM
New Dawn is as bad. Deleted it.

QueenAssassin21
04-03-13, 01:41 AM
As a guess it's probably your device not able to handle the graphics and that's why it's crashing. This used to happen to me in HDS

This ^^^

I used to get it ALOT on my old phone because the phone couldn't cope with the game(s) so I moved to a Nexus and it's only ever crashed once & I've had it for awhile now.

tonguelashing
04-03-13, 10:59 PM
Well, updated to latest version of Dragon Story for Android, still getting OutOfMemoryError crashes every few minutes...latest updates have done nothing and fixed nothing.

mymummy789
04-06-13, 05:31 AM
I've been on holiday for a week. I came back, collected from my habitats, hatched eggs and placed eggs in nest. Then tried to look in the market to see what was new and it crashed. So no change there then!!!!

I am on ipod 4th generation with latest software. I don't visit neighbours (no time) so it is not other people causing my problem. It tends to crash if I am moving stuff around or checking the market after being in-game for more than 5 minutes. With this and the inability to get the black dragons, this game is becoming tedious rather than fun :(

lovepuppies117
04-06-13, 06:23 AM
Ok I am on a Kindle Fire HD...I am too frustrated with this game to ask anything but? Are you getting ANYWHERE with game crashing with the Kindles??? I only stay logged into game for a couple of minutes, if I am lucky!! I agree with others, taking a ridiculous amount of time to get this fixed. Only empty promises TL :-(

hamadrys
04-06-13, 07:21 AM
Updated to the latest Android version even if it meant saying goodbye to lower food cost. It was getting to the point where I had an empty island with money to collect, couldn't see egg, dragons, habitats, decorations...
The latest version is so much better, even though I am still experiencing force close while visiting some heavily decorated neighbors' islands. At least I can see my own island and my dragons, which is the most important imo. Hopefully, it doesn't start getting bad again. From one day to the other, anything can change :(

tonguelashing
04-06-13, 08:27 AM
Updated to the latest Android version even if it meant saying goodbye to lower food cost. It was getting to the point where I had an empty island with money to collect, couldn't see egg, dragons, habitats, decorations...
The latest version is so much better, even though I am still experiencing force close while visiting some heavily decorated neighbors' islands. At least I can see my own island and my dragons, which is the most important imo. Hopefully, it doesn't start getting bad again. From one day to the other, anything can change :(

I'm not finding the lastest version any better at all. It still crashes just as often as the Easter version did, in some cases worse. I'm running a Stock Android 4.0.3 install on an Acer Iconiatab A500.

hamadrys
04-06-13, 08:36 AM
Still lags on neighbors' islands and force close on some of them. But it corrected my "invisibility" issues, which was really my main problem. You know which device I play on, but does it even make a difference ?

Hueter
04-07-13, 02:36 AM
I've updaeted to latest version. Now I no longer earn any daily coin award.
Info about Materialrequest, arrive days later. After reply to all requests, I've to restart the game. Now it shows, that Neighbors have Gifted to me. If I gift back, it always crash. The Giftmenu shows always all neighbors to me. I compared with monsterstory, where it works. There are only the neighbors visible, that didn't receive any gift already.

hamadrys
04-07-13, 04:40 AM
Still lags on neighbors' islands and force close on some of them. But it corrected my "invisibility" issues, which was really my main problem. You know which device I play on, but does it even make a difference ?

Well, forget what I said. Today all my purple and pink habitats were there with invisible dragons. Could only see the shadows of them. All the rest of the island was ok, including decorations.
What the heck ???

anurulz
04-07-13, 04:47 AM
all my dragons are invisible for atleast 10 minutes..and even then the white meadow and pink prairie have only shadows..most of the time my game is not responding and force closes..

doop01
04-07-13, 04:50 AM
I'm not finding the lastest version any better at all. It still crashes just as often as the Easter version did, in some cases worse. I'm running a Stock Android 4.0.3 install on an Acer Iconiatab A500.
I've got the same android version on a HTC phone. It WAS better after the valentine version, but now it's starting to crash more often again. Plus, I sometimes have a problem whilst posting on neighbours walls. The keyboard disappears half way through the post and won't come back! Very annoying indeed! Sometimes I've had to go back 3 times just to write a msg. Has anyone else had this sort of trouble?

tonguelashing
04-07-13, 09:37 AM
I've got the same android version on a HTC phone. It WAS better after the valentine version, but now it's starting to crash more often again. Plus, I sometimes have a problem whilst posting on neighbours walls. The keyboard disappears half way through the post and won't come back! Very annoying indeed! Sometimes I've had to go back 3 times just to write a msg. Has anyone else had this sort of trouble?

No, I've had the keyboard disappear while i'm trying to type and the rest of the nbrs wall update. But tapping in the message field again brings the keyboard back (this is a poor asyncronis issue IMHO, does it on iOS too...may be something that can't be fixed but it would be nice).

But I swear I send in half dozen to a dozen memory error reports in a 15-20 minute game session. Driving me nutso.

Magikot
04-07-13, 10:23 AM
I'm still crashing multiple times during a play session too, I have a Note 2 running 4.1.1. I'm so tried of it! I play bs and rs too, neither of those games crash at all for me.

doop01
04-07-13, 12:30 PM
No, I've had the keyboard disappear while i'm trying to type and the rest of the nbrs wall update. But tapping in the message field again brings the keyboard back (this is a poor asyncronis issue IMHO, does it on iOS too...may be something that can't be fixed but it would be nice).

But I swear I send in half dozen to a dozen memory error reports in a 15-20 minute game session. Driving me nutso.
I mean the keyboard won't come back by tapping the msg field. I can exit the wall and SOMETIMES it let's me start again, sometimes not.

tonguelashing
04-12-13, 12:45 AM
OK, so "new" 'spring edition' of dragon story for Android. Same OLD OutOfMemoryError crashes...sigh...fix the game for crying out loud!!!

Hueter
04-12-13, 12:59 AM
I don't het any aily coin award, and if I get it I start aleays with day 1 again.

Loxieland
04-12-13, 02:32 AM
Thanks for letting us know. It's probably due to the same issue, but this fix was only for Android users with access to Google Play. We haven't released a fix for Kindle yet. Sorry!

Hi, did they fix for Kindle yet? Still crashing half the time I visit a neighbor who has questing.

tonguelashing
04-12-13, 08:46 AM
So I could send in 50 bug reports of the same crash and still nothing is being done about it

angela3737
04-12-13, 10:50 AM
Since my last post ...something strange happened since this morning ..my Dragon and castle on iPad first generation has not been crashing that much..I was able for the first time to plant and collect without a single crash ..I did my usual delete reinstall yesterday ( I do that every few days to see if it will ever improve )... After I did that, it still kept crashing for another 10 hours ...but past few hours not bad.( only 2 crashes in 5 hours. Where before it would take 4 hours to do 5 moves)....interesting .....no sure if it matters ,I'm level 94.. .. Did something magically happen ?

Well.. Forget the above ..the less crashing was very short lived on my iPad first generation . Its back to the constant crashing on both dragon and castle . I have A hard time even getting to try to visit neighbors as it crashes on my own place immediately -again its when trying to plant , collect , breed, portal ,feed ..any action will cuase crash.. May have to try 20 + times to get any action completed . I'm also level 94.. No dragon outpost on mine ..I do have the booster breed which I love - would love even more if I could use the game more.

mymummy789
04-17-13, 07:10 AM
IOS (ipod 4, latest update).

STILL crashing constantly. It has nothing to do with visiting neighbours ( I don't!) It has more to do with the length of time I spend in the game. This crashing all started with the last IOS dragon story update, which added the breeding boost to my island. I never had any problems before this. My worry is that it appears even more new dragons are being introduced, with a probability of more habitats. If my game is struggling to cope now, what on earth is going to happen when I do get these new things?

DragonTan1
04-17-13, 07:45 AM
Mine keeps crashing and lags a lot, I have 43 habitats and dragons 109 dragons so maybe that is why? Not much decorations, just banners, farms, stable, trading and crafting on iPod 4

maxnono
04-17-13, 12:35 PM
I'm on android and i sometimes crash too.

tonguelashing
04-21-13, 09:24 AM
OMG The crashing of the Android version of this game is making me want to put my fist through my tablet! Come on guys! Fix these errors! it's not that hard, or give it to me and I'll fix it for you!

maxnono
04-21-13, 09:48 AM
Yes...

glitterbabies
04-21-13, 10:00 AM
I keep crashing today on my kindle....three force closes in a row when I go to visit a neighbor who visited me.

ExotiCAT
04-21-13, 01:00 PM
I'm on android and the game crashes when I visit some neighbors sometimes...usually a neighbor that has a lot of decor on their island

elitaserina
04-21-13, 01:07 PM
android also and it crashes every few minutes sometimes back to back. and some people i try to visit it closes the game immediately. i send reports every time with no avail. i also can not purchase gold. is anyone else having this problem?

maxnono
04-21-13, 01:55 PM
My game crash too but less strong

miget411
04-23-13, 09:55 PM
I am so sick of the force closes every time I visit an iOS player that is currently questing. Please find a fix soon. Also too I am on Kindle.

Loxieland
04-24-13, 01:31 PM
I keep crashing today on my kindle....three force closes in a row when I go to visit a neighbor who visited me.

I play on kindle and crash on a neighbor who has questing sometimes but not always. Was hoping they would fix it by now, as I think they fixed Android.

Bollsta
04-24-13, 10:20 PM
I play on iPad 1 iOS 5.1.1 (9B206) and I have reinstalled the game and restarted my device. But the game crashes allways after a few minutes. It takes 2-4 crashes to play. Even Castle Story crashes but not as often as DS.
I wish there was something to do to minimize this.

Bollsta
04-24-13, 10:39 PM
Wait.. I actually had not done the HARD restart of my iPad. It may have fixed it, I played a while without a crash. I will report back after playing more.

Bollsta
04-25-13, 01:44 PM
Yes, the HARD reset solved all my problems. No more crash or freeze. Make sure you hold both buttons until the apple logo appears.

chubbyriot
05-07-13, 05:34 PM
Okay, this is getting ridiculous now. I open my game and can click on one or two things before my game force closes. Every time. Send out map requests? Forget it, its impossible. Visit neighbors or community islands? No way. Please fix this because it its beyond irritating.

carlsbad69
05-07-13, 05:38 PM
Okay, this is getting ridiculous now. I open my game and can click on one or two things before my game force closes. Every time. Send out map requests? Forget it, its impossible. Visit neighbors or community islands? No way. Please fix this because it its beyond irritating.

Let me guess...Android? The android version of Dragon Story is so buggy and crashes so much from what I've read it's insane.

sollia
05-07-13, 05:43 PM
Is your game version up to date?

kurebiz
05-07-13, 05:52 PM
You could try using other apps.. spring version, new dawn etc.

roni122285
05-07-13, 05:56 PM
You could also try to clear the cache of the game that seemed to help me on pet shop story for a while. But I'm not saying it's a permanent fix.

HenryLucky1
05-07-13, 06:09 PM

On Android, more up date the game, ....it's lager (when you swipe down, it's become to right, I hate it!)

sollia
05-07-13, 06:39 PM
On Android, more up date the game, ....it's lager (when you swipe down, it's become to right, I hate it!)

I'm sorry but what?

DragonTan1
05-07-13, 06:42 PM
I'm sorry but what?

This^^

Turpsichore
05-08-13, 08:44 AM

The latest version crashes WORSE than spring or ND.

miget411
05-11-13, 08:48 PM

Are you on Kindle? Most of the crashing was fixed for Android, but for kindle it is horid. On my kindle version I can't visit any of my iOS neighbors that have any of the beta test features like questing.

annbluebird
05-11-13, 09:02 PM
Are you on Kindle? Most of the crashing was fixed for Android, but for kindle it is horid. On my kindle version I can't visit any of my iOS neighbors that have any of the beta test features like questing.

Android here. Last DS original update. Android version 4.0.3 - I have the same issues. Even when I first clear cache/check memory/close and open ? gain/etc..
Please stop saying that it s because of updates/devices or else. It is a TL problem!

annbluebird
05-11-13, 09:04 PM
The latest version crashes WORSE than spring or ND.

True !!

doop01
05-11-13, 10:24 PM
Android here. Last DS original update. Android version 4.0.3 - I have the same issues. Even when I first clear cache/check memory/close and open ? gain/etc..
Please stop saying that it s because of updates/devices or else. It is a TL problem!

That's exactly right Ann!!

mikeclit
05-11-13, 10:51 PM
I get so many force crashes on my own internet, its silly. I use ios, can't imagine using an android

carlsbad69
05-11-13, 10:52 PM

CORRECT! I hear from my android nbs the exact same story on same version of Android, though probably different hardware which means...DUN DUN DUUUNNNN....It's not a hardware/android issue...it's a TL issue.

gotalotaluv
05-12-13, 05:11 AM
Ok, I thought it was just ME! Android here ... and it closes CONSTANTLY ... sometimes without a message .. just "gone". I have reinstalled both Spring and Regular version 2x and it still does it. It's bad enuf we don't get the same opportunties as IOS, abut can we at least PLAY???? UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH TL ... you can do better!!

annbluebird
05-12-13, 07:44 AM
Ok, I thought it was just ME! Android here ... and it closes CONSTANTLY ... sometimes without a message .. just "gone". I have reinstalled both Spring and Regular version 2x and it still does it. It's bad enuf we don't get the same opportunties as IOS, abut can we at least PLAY???? UUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH TL ... you can do better!!

I agree, it is stressful and each time it close without even a message as you say it is very frustrating. I always need hours to do my stuff when usually it only should take an hour. When I log in I am already nervous because I know that I will have to log in several times before I plant / collect / send back etc...

hamadrys
05-12-13, 08:50 AM
I am also playing spring version. The last updated original makes half of my island invisible !

hamadrys
05-12-13, 08:51 AM
I haven't been able to figure out why my game is crashing on some islands, because it is somewhat random. Sometimes, I can visit a neighbor, it lags but I can play with a few dragons and leave a message. The day after, only trying to load the island of that same neighbor will make the game force close.

annbluebird
05-12-13, 09:43 AM
I haven't been able to figure out why my game is crashing on some islands, because it is somewhat random. Sometimes, I can visit a neighbor, it lags but I can play with a few dragons and leave a message. The day after, only trying to load the island of that same neighbor will make the game force close.

Same here + when my tablet crashes then I have to wait until the battery is empty to log in again. Two choices : I never fill the battery and only play and use my tab with usb cable / I fill the battery and wait 24h to visit plant and all if it crashes... cool ! I m so happy with that !

DragonLady1955
05-27-13, 12:15 PM
I am on kindle and it crashes on me daily. Very frustrating. I Hate paying for things in a game that crashed

hamadrys
05-27-13, 03:45 PM
I have downloaded the new Android version : Fairy Tales. Overall, it works well for me. The only thing is that this version doesn't like yellow flower beds, lol. Mine are ALL invisible.

DragonmasterC99
06-18-13, 06:27 PM
I'm an Android user, and i have a crashing problem too. I used to visit my bestie's island, but bout 5 weeks ago, my game started crashing whenever i visited, which never happened before. I currently have 127 neighbours, but at least a fourth or so of my neighbours i cant visit. I dont want to delete them because they send me gold and we used to talk and stuff, but i want my game to stop crashing.

DragonmasterC99
06-20-13, 10:12 AM
I dont know why mine is crashing, it just happened all of a sudden. My game sarted crashing on people my game has never crashed on before.

FrozenTurtle
06-20-13, 11:58 AM
I'm an Android user, and i have a crashing problem too. I used to visit my bestie's island, but bout 5 weeks ago, my game started crashing whenever i visited, which never happened before. I currently have 127 neighbours, but at least a fourth or so of my neighbours i cant visit. I dont want to delete them because they send me gold and we used to talk and stuff, but i want my game to stop crashing.

Can you try closing any apps which may be running in the background? Also, can you please PM me the Storm8 IDs of any of the neighbors which you are force closing on? Thanks!

DragonmasterC99
06-21-13, 05:37 AM
Can you try closing any apps which may be running in the background? Also, can you please PM me the Storm8 IDs of any of the neighbors which you are force closing on? Thanks!

Ok, i will PM you. I tried tclosing all the other apps before, even clearing the cache to speed things up, but nothing seems to work.

DragonmasterC99
06-21-13, 05:41 AM

Ok, I am trying to PM you, but my computer says that the username doesn't exist. Do I use FrozenTurtle or do you have some sort ofother username on the forums to which i can PM you?

Drgnh
06-21-13, 12:18 PM
I am on an Android phone ( LG Escape) and the last couple days especially it has been crashing a lot and always in the same manner. I will be in the middle of posting on a Community Members wall and it will give me a pop up that says Unfortunately Dragon Story has stopped or something like that. When I click "ok" it closes the game. Since it is a community member and not a neighbor that it crashes on I have no way to go back to the page to re-post or anything. This is becoming very frustrating and taking a bit of the fun out of the game. I'm getting a bit tired of having to restart the game over and over...

Drgnh
06-21-13, 04:28 PM
I am frustrated almost to tears by these crashes! I was just at someone's Islands that looked really nice, someone who would have been a great neighbor but thanks to the crash I have lost that opportunity! I am disabled and ill right now and really don't need this frustration or stress. This is making me seriously think about dropping the game. I Love Dragons and really don't want to but unless things improve I won't have much choice.

jennaboo213
06-22-13, 01:10 AM
Same here. I can't even get into my game without it booting me. It loads for about a second only.

carabelle
06-22-13, 02:29 PM
My game has been crashing constantly for a few months now. Have to restart about every minute or so. Am just about ready to give up on the game!

MommaNan
06-22-13, 05:40 PM
I, too, am crashing a lot to the point I have been deleting neighbors, which I don't really want to do. I am using a Kindle Fire HD 7" which is Android based. Is there any fix on the horizon?

mymummy789
06-23-13, 07:32 AM
This game is obviously becoming much too large for the devices it is designed to be played on. Why don't they reduce the animations? Surely it is better to have non-moving dragons than it is to have an unplayable game?

duff1
06-23-13, 03:08 PM
This game is obviously becoming much too large for the devices it is designed to be played on. Why don't they reduce the animations? Surely it is better to have non-moving dragons than it is to have an unplayable game?

Really?! Without animation , game is going to be boring.

skylanderlover101
06-23-13, 03:52 PM
My game crashes all the time. I can visit, if I'm lucky, three neighbors before it closes down. It's been doing in since two updates ago. I was hoping the last update would fix it, but it hasn't helped me. I play on iOS.

infinitelove19
06-23-13, 04:05 PM
My game crashes a LOT since doing the most recent iOS update. I play on a first generation iPad & closing other apps or shutting my device down doesn't seem to help. It does seem a little better the last few days, or I'm just getting used to it. :-/

Seems to crash most while clearing habitats or collecting/planting crops, scrolling across my island, or visiting neighbors & scrolling/playing there.

mityaj
06-23-13, 05:34 PM
There seems to be a problem with memory management in the game. The more dragons or objects present on a given island the faster the game crashes. I can visit 3 or 4 neighbours that are low levels, but only one high level island before the app dies. Very annoying and unprofessional from TL. I play on Android tablet and have no problems with other graphics heavy games. DS works beautifully on my girlfriend's iPad.

singvogel
06-25-13, 06:31 AM
Ever since I got the most recent update for ios on my itouch 4 my game has been lagging and crashing every 5 minutes or so :(
I have a fairly high level island so I guess all the animations and stuff are causing problems.

mymummy789
06-25-13, 07:49 AM
Ever since I got the most recent update for ios on my itouch 4 my game has been lagging and crashing every 5 minutes or so :(
I have a fairly high level island so I guess all the animations and stuff are causing problems.

you sound like you have the same situation as me. I even removed most of my decor but it made no difference. I am now tempted to put it back again as my Islands look so sad now. I guess I will just have to accept that unless I upgrade my ipod, my game will crash (and I cannot afford a new ipod, sadly)

kooky panda
06-25-13, 10:16 AM

you sound like you have the same situation as me. I even removed most of my decor but it made no difference. I am now tempted to put it back again as my Islands look so sad now. I guess I will just have to accept that unless I upgrade my ipod, my game will crash (and I cannot afford a new ipod, sadly)

You can try a couple of things on older devices to see if it helps.
1. check your IOS (software version) on your device to see if you can update it.
2. close out all applications running in the background either by force closing the applications, or restarting your device.
3. Go though your current applications on your device and remove any applications you are no longer using.

Dairenna
06-25-13, 10:20 AM
1. check your IOS (software version) on your device to see if you can update it.
2. close out all applications running in the background either by force closing the applications, or restarting your device.
3. Go though your current applications on your device and remove any applications you are no longer using.

I've done all that and my game keeps crashing/force closing. I can't even collect coins because I get stuck on the pop-up message for the July 4th Game Quest that I can't "x" out of. Anything to do with a pop-up (map sending, gold sending, messages from the game, market, planting, etc) force closes the game and boots me out. This is only a recent issue, well after the most recent update and has never happened (this badly) before. It's only been the past four days or so and like I said: I can't even get INTO the game now before it force closes. So, now what? Do I have to uninstall then re-install or is there something else?

mammami08
06-25-13, 10:56 AM

I'v tried all the above suggestions but game still crashes, this started right the moment i made the last update. Befor it worked just fine and now i can hardly do anything whitout it forceclosing on me. Getting really tired of this fast, is there anyway to go back to the older version?

DragonmasterC99
06-25-13, 03:57 PM
My game still crashez, and when i went to appstore to update, it didnt update my game that much. And my game still crashes

mymummy789
06-26-13, 01:50 AM

done all that several times, and to be quite honest, I don't really see why this one game should require so much effort to play. These devices are designed to play multiple games on , not just one!!!!!!

BettyJoPeters
06-26-13, 06:31 AM
sorry to hear ios peeps having the problem too! My GalaxyS3 has had this problem for months! So I started a thread asking which android device works best with this game. One person replied that she bought a GalaxyS4 and her problem was solved. So an expensive upgrade sounds like a solution :/ I'm broke...

hurtme
06-26-13, 01:47 PM
I have had the same problem since the latest update. When I open DS it asks me for my apple password. I click cancel and it usually asks again. After trying to tap on all islands or tapping on quest, craft, or other buildings game crashes. It usually takes 5-6 times to collect from all items. I have done all suggestions and use iPad 1. Samsung galaxy 4 has had no problems.

maguar
06-26-13, 02:55 PM
I have had the same problem since the latest update. When I open DS it asks me for my apple password. I click cancel and it usually asks again. After trying to tap on all islands or tapping on quest, craft, or other buildings game crashes. It usually takes 5-6 times to collect from all items. I have done all suggestions and use iPad 1. Samsung galaxy 4 has had no problems.

With the apple password thing, try logging out of the App Store then back in.

Dairenna
06-26-13, 07:20 PM
Is there ANY update as to WHY the game is force closing with every move since the new update? I haven't been able to play since Monday which means I've lost out on, oh, a couple million in coins. I CANNOT DO ANYTHING in game (giving maps, collecting coins, planting, opening market, breed, evolve, ANYTHING) as I'm force-closed with that stupid new 4th of July quest thing. From this thread it's not just me so why no response on this?

Plughto
06-26-13, 10:42 PM
Is there ANY update as to WHY the game is force closing with every move since the new update? I haven't been able to play since Monday which means I've lost out on, oh, a couple million in coins. I CANNOT DO ANYTHING in game (giving maps, collecting coins, planting, opening market, breed, evolve, ANYTHING) as I'm force-closed with that stupid new 4th of July quest thing. From this thread it's not just me so why no response on this?

I feel your pain. This game crashes every 15 minutes... USUALLY! I haven't been able to even open the game in the last 24 hours. I send a report everytime it crashes, but they aren't doing anything about it. :mad: What is going on?

mymummy789
07-02-13, 03:57 AM
Two things have happened recently on my ipod - I deleted the game, then did a hard restart before reinstalling, and also stopped using the battle arena because I reached 99 pearls. I don't which of these has done it, but I no longer seem to be having as many crashing problems as before. I have even managed to collect, hatch, breed, evolve, harvest AND plant all in the same sitting!!!!

Dairenna
07-10-13, 07:23 PM
I'm normally a pretty patient person but the response on this crashing issue takes the cake.

I haven't been able to get into the game since Monday, June 24th. I'm a level 98 player which means I've lost out on MILLIONS. I JUST got one of the hardest dragons to get in game and haven't been able to try for anything new since the 24th OF JUNE.

It should NOT take your technical issues response team A WEEK to respond to my issue then give me the same cookie-cutter response about resetting my phone, reinstalling the app and force closing other apps. I'VE DONE ALL THAT MULTIPLE TIMES AS EXPLAINED HERE AND IN THE FIRST EMAIL. WHY CAN I STILL NOT GET INTO THE GAME?

It's not a matter of it force-closing once in a while, it's a matter of I CAN'T get past a single pop up to DO ANYTHING. I have NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET INTO MY ISLAND FOR OVER TWO WEEKS AND NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE AN ANSWER.

So, WHAT IS THE ANSWER? I have the latest version, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've force-closed other apps for RAM purposes, I've restarted my phone ALL TO NO AVAIL. So, what's going on TeamLava? What part of the code did you screw up now?

hubbabubba03
07-11-13, 06:52 AM
Downloaded the new dragon story rainbow edition on my android tablet hoping that the crashing would cease, but my hope was completely destruct. Well i guess we have to wait for TL to work on this issue. The good thing is that we can always report the issue, and continue to re-open our favorite app.

hubbabubba03
07-11-13, 07:12 AM
I'm normally a pretty patient person but the response on this crashing issue takes the cake.

I haven't been able to get into the game since Monday, June 24th. I'm a level 98 player which means I've lost out on MILLIONS. I JUST got one of the hardest dragons to get in game and haven't been able to try for anything new since the 24th OF JUNE.

It should NOT take your technical issues response team A WEEK to respond to my issue then give me the same cookie-cutter response about resetting my phone, reinstalling the app and force closing other apps. I'VE DONE ALL THAT MULTIPLE TIMES AS EXPLAINED HERE AND IN THE FIRST EMAIL. WHY CAN I STILL NOT GET INTO THE GAME?

It's not a matter of it force-closing once in a while, it's a matter of I CAN'T get past a single pop up to DO ANYTHING. I have NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET INTO MY ISLAND FOR OVER TWO WEEKS AND NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE AN ANSWER.

So, WHAT IS THE ANSWER? I have the latest version, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've force-closed other apps for RAM purposes, I've restarted my phone ALL TO NO AVAIL. So, what's going on TeamLava? What part of the code did you screw up now?

'm so sorry to read your verbal frustration :(, and to understand the sincere frustration of a long wait that it takes for a response from TL's support team. However we have to consider that they receive multiple e-mails with so many problems, and situations that occur on a day-to-day basis. It's very hard that to work on everyone's errors. We must be diligent, patient, and continue to understand that they are doing the best they can to make everyone happy. Don't give up, have faith, and keep trying as they will to. TL wouldn't want you to believe that they don't care when they do.

singvogel
07-11-13, 07:15 AM
Mine's actually improved a lot since the last time I posted, not really sure why, although I did delete 1 or 2 unused apps.
No crashes in the last few days at all! If TL did something to fix it then thanks:)

DragonmasterC99
07-16-13, 01:42 PM
Ever since i updated my game (not to Rainbow edition or whatever) my game likes to randomly start crashing. It doesnt do it in a particular pattern, but it happens at the worst possible time, such as doind an rp with someone,or just chatting, or trying to whatever. It doesnt happen every time i play, but sometimes it crashes multiple times in one sitting. Can someone please help? Ive done the whole resetting,force closing, all that stuff, and it seems to crash less. But it still crashes.

annbluebird
07-16-13, 01:50 PM
Since I updated last DS original, when I open the game I often have a black screen with only the market or the coins number visible on the screen. android here, recent devices android 4.2
the game sometimes start about 30-60seconds later, if it starts. or I even have a blue then black then blue screen and I have to log out and log in again to stop this.
please fix it, it isnt a matter of old device either a matter of memory or else!

mityaj
07-17-13, 01:30 PM
The DS on Android has very poor memory management. The more elements it has to load (dragons, decor, etc.) the faster it runs out of memory and dies. The might be other bugs causing crashes, but I'm sure the memory allocation problem is the primary reason.

MommaNan
08-03-13, 10:01 PM
I too have random crashing on my Kindle Fire HD 7". I did do the last update which helped, but still get some crashes. I did notice that some of the crashes happen after visiting a neighbor who is level 90+.

mrarfan
08-03-13, 10:46 PM

2 months ago I was on my iPad 1 but it got deactivated....So I transfered my game data to my iPad Mini!
[Now I can't "hack" Gems on my other games :(] {TL games can't hack :P But who cares} Lol