PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Visiting issues

thepiranha1432
03-16-13, 05:59 AM
I have a GT-N7100 running android jelly bean 4.1.2 Besides its inbuilt memory it also has a Class 10 micro SD card of 32 gig. Latest version of dragons.

My issue is visiting high level neighbors anyone above say level 70. It took me 5 attempts this morning just to post LMKWC on one neighbors wall. It would reset or just crash to desktop. This problem worsened with the latest update. Visiting rather than fun is a nightmare, it took me an hour today to visit 12 neighbors. I am level 81 and i have over 50 neighbors.

I wonder if due to the nature of this problem if TL and dragons has a mem leak somewhere. Because of the fact of this being high level neighbors with large amounts of habitats and usually lots of decorations. where as low level neighbors i can fly through with the occasional crash.

Things i have done is uninstall reinstall, Clear cache, and the game is resident on the microSD

DaojinWildfire
03-16-13, 09:15 PM
If this happens again, please check for the exception error. When the game force closes, you will see the option to Report or Close. Please choose Report > Preview, scroll down until you see the exception error and let us know exactly what it shows. Once you have the exception error noted, please go ahead and send the report so the development team also sees that issue being reported while we investigate the issue. Thanks!

PolarBearCA
03-17-13, 04:39 PM
I also have a Galaxy Note 2 (although a different version) and am having the same issue. I can replicate it by visiting the same person over and over. So far, I have discovered a handful of people on my friends list that I cannot visit without a crash.

My phone model is SGH-I317M (Galaxy Note 2).

The Exception Class name is: java.lang.NullPointerException and the Source file is CitizenManager.java.

It says Source method is initializeGraphicsPathsForCitizen (Line number 291) which leads me to believe that it has something to do with an item that I don't have, that many of my other friends don't have, but that these few do... perhaps the Gem Cluster? Obviously I am not privy to the internal workings of the program, but this is my hypothesis of the moment.

I'd appreciate a resolution as soon as possible, though, as being unable to visit certain people is more than a bit frustrating. I am only level 44 in the game and the neighbours I am having problems visiting are not much higher or different, so I am pretty sure it does not relate to levels at all, and stand by the idea that it is an object in-game causing the problem.

fitt7
03-17-13, 09:52 PM
I also have a Samsung but a transform ultra model. I have done what the tech has suggestd but its going on 3 days now and started when this game introduced a new feature being tested on ios users. Those r most of my neighbors who I cannot visit. Not only do I not have accessto the to features ios users have but NOW I can't have them as neighbors. Please correct this Teamlava;very,very dissappointed.

PolarBearCA
03-17-13, 10:31 PM
I also have a Samsung but a transform ultra model. I have done what the tech has suggestd but its going on 3 days now and started when this game introduced a new feature being tested on ios users. Those r most of my neighbors who I cannot visit. Not only do I not have accessto the to features ios users have but NOW I can't have them as neighbors. Please correct this Teamlava;very,very dissappointed.

I have no trouble visiting players running on iOS, as several neighbours I can successfully visit have the Trading Portal and Spell Shop. I have NOT seen a Gem Cluster anyplace which is why I hypothesized that it could be contributing, although as I said it is merely speculation on my part.

Also, the Transform Ultra is pretty far removed from the Note 2, as it has a different processor, significantly less memory and a completely different version of Android. They literally have almost nothing in common except the Samsung brand, so if this particular crash is occurring because of an issue with the Note 2, your phone is likely crashing for a completely different reason. If not, there should be more people reporting similar crashes as it should affect many different Android models.

DaojinWildfire
03-17-13, 11:17 PM
I also have a Galaxy Note 2 (although a different version) and am having the same issue. I can replicate it by visiting the same person over and over. So far, I have discovered a handful of people on my friends list that I cannot visit without a crash.

My phone model is SGH-I317M (Galaxy Note 2).

The Exception Class name is: java.lang.NullPointerException and the Source file is CitizenManager.java.

It says Source method is initializeGraphicsPathsForCitizen (Line number 291) which leads me to believe that it has something to do with an item that I don't have, that many of my other friends don't have, but that these few do... perhaps the Gem Cluster? Obviously I am not privy to the internal workings of the program, but this is my hypothesis of the moment.

I'd appreciate a resolution as soon as possible, though, as being unable to visit certain people is more than a bit frustrating. I am only level 44 in the game and the neighbours I am having problems visiting are not much higher or different, so I am pretty sure it does not relate to levels at all, and stand by the idea that it is an object in-game causing the problem.
Can you tell me which friend(s) is causing the app to crash when you attempt to visit them? Just the profile name is enough, so I can continue investigate the exception error.

Just to double check, visiting this specific friend will cause the app to crash 100% of the time? Thanks!

thepiranha1432
03-20-13, 02:32 AM
Yes my friends Islands names are Utopia and Willows Peak

thepiranha1432
03-20-13, 02:38 AM
The exception error i get is a null point exception error. As with polabear above those two islands at the moment i cant even get to it just crashes straight to desktop. Though any island of substantial size is at risk, with either crashing to desktop or resetting itself. These two have been particularly bad.

thepiranha1432
03-20-13, 02:45 AM
Java.Lang.NullPointerException

Is the exact error. This was given on trying to get to Willows Peak

thepiranha1432
03-20-13, 03:18 AM
I have managed to fluke my way in on Utopia today. But Willows Peak once again crashes straight to DT. I have tried 4 times and it generates the same exception report. ( i only sent in one )

My report for willows peak.

Exception Class name
Java.Lang.NullPointerException
Source File
CitizenManager.java
Source Class
com.storm8.app.model.CitizenManager
Source Method
initilizeGraphicsPathsForCitizen
Line Number

then it goes into the stack trace.

Debbidebs63
03-20-13, 01:18 PM
I am STILL having the freezing, kicking off & not being able to visit my nbrs that are high level, & sometimes on lower levels too. Now, if I get their island, my screen won't move. I can only play what is directly before me. I have been in contact with support team (over a month ago), they tried to no avail and then sent me to engineers. This issue is also happening to my nbrs as well. Please clear issues before adding anything else! Game use to be fun, I sooo loved visiting & chatting with my friends, now more of a hassle and headache. I aree that we need just one version, maybe then we won't have all these issues.