PDA

View Full Version : Old parts that can no longer be used

ChiChiCafe37
03-15-13, 07:22 PM
Would you be able to remove the parts we can no longer use from the gift list? I have many parts that I can't even use to build appliances. I am sure I have even gifted parts that can no longer be used.

NoPonyMessesWithMe
03-15-13, 10:45 PM
I wish!!

jackie2006
03-15-13, 10:56 PM
garage sale!!! lol

DaojinWildfire
03-16-13, 09:20 PM
This is actually something we're working on right now. We just have to dot the I's and cross the T's before making any changes. :D

It might take up to a week before we can make any changes, since we're going through every game with old gift options.

ChiChiCafe37
03-18-13, 03:23 PM
Excellent. Thanks for listening and thanks for working on this. Look forward to the changes :)

OnCloudDivine
03-18-13, 03:53 PM
This is amazing!!! I feel a bigger glimmer of hope than ever before ^v^

funWpets
03-28-13, 11:43 AM
Awesome, you just answered my question too! I can't wait for the update, I will finally be able to clear out my many pages of unusable gifts.

lala_gabbana
03-28-13, 12:19 PM
This is great news!

OnCloudDivine
03-31-13, 07:51 PM
This is actually something we're working on right now. We just have to dot the I's and cross the T's before making any changes. :D

It might take up to a week before we can make any changes, since we're going through every game with old gift options.

Is there any update to this, now 2 weeks later?

DaojinWildfire
04-02-13, 08:16 PM
The old constructable parts have been removed as gift options. Please let us know if we missed any. :D

mebele28
04-10-13, 04:49 PM
Absolutely! They completely fill up my gifts and then you cannot get to the current parts. It's annoying and unnecessary!

sofiasjoint
04-10-13, 05:24 PM
So TL is working on a way to delete old parts that can no longer be used? I have spent the last weeks trying to figure out which parts are for which appliance or special build to clean out my inventory. Is there a way to see which parts are for which special build?

I think that when you click the hammer for a build item it should say which items and amount are needed to build it. Instead of the generic ask friends for help...just an idea.

Boogie083
04-10-13, 05:49 PM
I have spent the last weeks trying to figure out which parts are for which appliance or special build to clean out my inventory. Is there a way to see which parts are for which special build?

Bakery-Story-Recipe-Inventory-and-Chart!! (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?17858-Bakery-Story-Recipe-Inventory-and-Chart!!&p=137932&viewfull=1#post137932)

jellypie200
04-18-13, 12:51 PM
Yay :) :)

sugarmilkppm
04-19-13, 03:35 PM
The old constructable parts have been removed as gift options. Please let us know if we missed any. :D

Giftable items still in the game that can no longer be used AFAIK:

RS:

Sturdy Wood (Firepit Grill)
Colored Plastic (Ice Cream maker)

BS:

Floaty Tube, Separators (Healthy Sweets machine)
Shamrock (2012 Shamrock oven)

Relay baton, starting block, floor mat, jump board - AFAIK materials to build World Games themed items.

Farm:

Welcome Mat (Nothing)

sugarmilkppm
04-19-13, 03:36 PM
Also for Farm, various Halloween themed giftable parts remain that I'm pretty sure are for items no longer available to players to build.

lad1783
05-02-13, 06:51 PM
What about a way to sell items like wallpaper or tile that we no longer want or only bought because of a goal??

arijanian
07-03-13, 12:28 PM
Is there ever going to be a way to clear unwanted gifts out of our gift inventory? I accepted a lot of parts early in my playing experience that I now know are effectively useless, and now I have to scroll past them to look at the useful parts I do have. I would really appreciate a way to sell them off, or even simply to delete them.

Also, are you sure the useless parts are no longer available as gifts? Someone tried to send me a floor mat just yesterday...

sweetypies97
07-13-13, 05:20 PM
Someone tried to send me a Santa hat this week. Is it from an old Christmas theme or is it still usable?

TinksThots
07-13-13, 10:15 PM
Someone tried to send me a Santa hat this week. Is it from an old Christmas theme or is it still usable?
I can still buy and build the ovens that use those (and the mittens), as can anyone who has the xmas version, so no, they're not useless. Those and the snowflake gears/knobs. I have neighbors who still request Halloween parts too. Somebody somewhere can still buy and build, and therefore needs the parts for, all this stuff:

Appliances (http://supremedynasty.com/tl/bakery_applparts_list.html)
Decorations (http://supremedynasty.com/tl/bakery_decopartslist.html)

sippy555
07-18-13, 09:06 AM
I have not been playing long and have a warehouse of parts that I have not a clue What they are used for. Is there an option to sell out throw away these items?

TinksThots
07-21-13, 03:00 PM
Check out the links in my post above yours, they show everything that all the parts are used for.

There's currently no option to clear parts from inventory other than building with them, but you can hold over 30k of each item, so I wouldn't worry much about it filling up. ;)

twospoons
08-10-13, 06:25 PM
There's currently no option to clear parts from inventory other than building with them, but you can hold over 30k of each item, so I wouldn't worry much about it filling up. ;)

and there's room in my apartment for several 10ft high stacks of old newspapers, and yet i'm still not a collyer brother.

i can see the need to keep expired parts in the giftable list - although i think it would be better to eventually take the gifts that go with no-longer-widely-available builds off the list, and if you're one of the people still trying to build that appliance, you'd could still ask neighbors for the parts but couldn't otherwise get them as gifts.

but failing that, they could at least put the gifts that go with the builds for the current goals (like glass, icicle, barrel & banana stand right now) at the beginning of the giftable items list while those goals are active, and move them back past the food & general parts after the goals have expired. and on players' gifts received lists, they could put the most recently received items at the front instead of back, so you don't have to keep looking at relay batons and bats and santa hats when you just want your cappuccino.

boklog
08-24-13, 12:39 PM
I can't complete the aquadive pool because I don't have much neighbor how can I delete the items

nky1111
08-24-13, 01:14 PM
they could at least put the gifts that go with the builds for the current goals (like glass, icicle, barrel & banana stand right now) at the beginning of the giftable items list while those goals are active
They once have tried that and ended up messing up the whole thing lol. (that fun with 2 shamrocks) So I guess they just don't touch it any more))))

twospoons
08-25-13, 11:11 PM
They once have tried that and ended up messing up the whole thing lol. (that fun with 2 shamrocks) So I guess they just don't touch it any more))))

oh. so they're not unresponsive, they're just incompetent. i'm not sure if that makes me feel better or worse.

cios
09-27-13, 08:04 PM
I have the same problem I have bat air fresheners and I cant build the coffin drink mixer :( what can I do with the extra parts that I do need thank you

TinksThots
09-30-13, 09:54 PM
I have the same problem I have bat air fresheners and I cant build the coffin drink mixer :( what can I do with the extra parts that I do need thank you
There's nothing you can do with parts you can't use except let them sit there. Your inventory can hold over 37k per item tho, so there's plenty of room. ;)

growselhas
10-06-13, 07:56 PM
I believe that simply by putting the newest gifts on the first page and not the last would help all of us a lot. We would not have to flip through 15 pages of stored items to get to food, for example, and if we need to check the amount we have of a certain item, it's there.

violet0220
04-07-14, 11:20 PM
So what's going on with this request? I would really like to be able to delete gifts I've accepted but no longer want.

ElaineCarrel
04-08-14, 04:53 PM

Is it possible 2 remove them frm our gifts if these parts r no longer required? I realize that I'm talking about a lot of individual ppl but surely code could b written where it would look 4 these items by code and then delete them. It sure would help 2 clean up our inventorys. However, thx 4 listening and removing them from the possible giving inventory.

wildart
05-06-14, 04:39 PM
Where do I begin, santa hat and holly for Christmas feast oven still show up as a gift option, romance ribbon and fondue fork for fondue for two, red ribbon for gift box stove, these are just a few in Restaurant Story, there are quite a few more. I can't see that any have been removed from Bakery Story either. I keep thinking that possibly you will use them in another goal appliance. It would be nice to have them removed from the options to gift as new users think they are sending something nice when actually we have to decline the gift when it arrives and then tell them not to send those parts to their neighbors.
I would make you a list but I would rather spend my time playing the game and leave that up to Team Lava employees.

kimmy42
11-24-14, 09:05 AM
Old Gifts that should be removed:

World Games: floaty tube, relay baton, starting block, floor mat, jump board, separators

Mexican Items: maracas, sombrero, Mexican flag, chili pepper

Dragon scale and Dragon tooth

Musical Items: guitar pick, saxophone, sheet music, drumsticks

Jolly Roger and treasure box

It would make it much easier to scroll through a smaller list. Thanks.

TinksThots
11-26-14, 07:44 AM
Dragon scale and tooth are used to build a little dragon guy in the floor decor section, not an appliance.

The Mexican, musical, and pirate parts, I'd have to go look to be absolutely sure, but I think I can still buy more of those if I want, and would need those parts to build them if I did... :-/

Point being, the term "useable" isn't exactly cut and dry. ;-)

MzAnn65
10-11-16, 08:39 PM
I have so man