PDA

View Full Version : Materials requests taking ages to come through

Cesar49
03-15-13, 06:32 AM
Why are some neighbour's requests so slow in coming through to me? I check my messages every time I enter CS because I don't like to keep my neighbours waiting for materials but when I went online just now there was one request which said it had been there for 18 hours. I know that I'd checked at least three times in the last 6! My download speed here (ie rural, remote Ireland) is painfully slow, but not THAT slow!!!

fitfunsparkle
03-15-13, 06:43 AM
That bothers me too. I check the game multiple times per day, yet this morning there was a request from two days ago!

maguar
03-15-13, 02:54 PM
If you send more than 20 in a day only the first 20 go out. These can go to neighbours who aren't playing and cause delays (they sit there for a number of hours before going to the next player). The next lot of 20 goes out the following day etc. In order to get your requests processed quickly only send 20-25 per day to people who know are playing.

fitfunsparkle
03-15-13, 09:25 PM
Thank you for that explanation!

jetskie2
03-16-13, 06:11 AM
Many thanks for the explanation Maguar, had been wondering the same myself. Any quick easy way to see who is actually actively still playing?

Cesar49
03-16-13, 10:53 AM
If you send more than 20 in a day only the first 20 go out. These can go to neighbours who aren't playing and cause delays (they sit there for a number of hours before going to the next player). The next lot of 20 goes out the following day etc. In order to get your requests processed quickly only send 20-25 per day to people who know are playing.

So what you're saying is that the requests that take two days to get to me are because the neighbour sending the request has sent out more than 20 in one go. I thought you could only send 20 anyway but maybe I'm getting mixed up with other TL games - it's ages since I've needed to send out a request myself.

maguar
03-16-13, 05:44 PM
You can send as many as you want to but only 20 will get through in a day. So if I sent 60 today 20 neighbours would have a chance to respond. The next day another 20 would get a chance and see that I send my request a day before they got it. And the next day the other 20 would get it saying it was sent two days ago.

maguar
03-16-13, 05:48 PM
Many thanks for the explanation Maguar, had been wondering the same myself. Any quick easy way to see who is actually actively still playing?

Not necessarily quick and easy. These are the things I tend to do/look for.

After an update that has new coin buildings/decorations have they purchased any. Are they writing or deleting messages on their wall? Are people responding on their wall as if they've been asked a question. When I get gifts or requests from someone I note on their wall so I can see how long ago the last gift/request was. Have they been leveliing up (cant level when they hit 30), does there kingdom look different? If I'm not sure some is playing ill ass then to post on my wall if they're still playing. If I haven't heard in a week I tell them to look me up if they start playing and delete.