PDA

View Full Version : Night Dragons- Hard to Get

fitfunsparkle
03-14-13, 07:24 PM
Wow, my breeding luck is at an all time low. I got the night dragon right away, evolved him, and have been breeding constantly, yet i have been unable to get even one hybrid. Meanwhile my husband has bat, hunter, deep, and maybe goblin. I get island, and island, and titan, and magic, and maybe a poison. At least when he failed a night hybrid he got a mystmoth!
My poor dragon is exhausted! Ive never gone this long without being able to get a new hybrid when the new colors come out.
Okay, i am hoping that by venting, my next breed will be a night hybrid lol!

koiju
03-14-13, 07:51 PM
I feel your pain, I think my Night Dragon wants a rest, too much breeding den action he's sending me 16hr fails to teach me a lesson. Next pairing (in 16hrs!) I'll let him have a rest, maybe feed him a little and even perhaps evolve him to L7.... then again I really want a Hunter - are there little blue pills to give my poor overworked Night dragon a bit of pep??

luv2wander
03-14-13, 08:29 PM
Yea, I am not having much luck either. I have managed only one dark hybrid with constant breeding.

yandao11
03-14-13, 10:19 PM
Yes me too!!! The only night hybrid I've got is the ultra rare in 2nd attempt. I'm so angry!!! But im not complaining.LOL. gimme those night hybrids!!!

huntheat
03-15-13, 09:31 AM
Just got the 10th dud in a row....and I only have 25 dragon types so there are so many out there that would have been new ones and welcome. I'm giving it until the end of the weekend and if I am still only getting coral and magic, I am quitting the game. Couldn't get the four leaf either, only fruitful and fairy again and again.

xoam0re
03-15-13, 09:57 AM
I feel your pain, I think my Night Dragon wants a rest, too much breeding den action he's sending me 16hr fails to teach me a lesson. Next pairing (in 16hrs!) I'll let him have a rest, maybe feed him a little and even perhaps evolve him to L7.... then again I really want a Hunter - are there little blue pills to give my poor overworked Night dragon a bit of pep??

LOLOLOL... the little blue pills comment made me laugh out loud. I JUST got a goblin after trying so long.. i used lvl 6 night and lvl 7 ruby to get it!

anurulz
03-15-13, 12:01 PM
all i have are corals trying to get the hybrids..finally gave up and put my light dragon to breed instead..getting a virtue in the den as far as i know..(33 hrs)

salinho
03-15-13, 12:09 PM
LOLLing at the blue pills. :D my night dragon doesn't seem to have very strong genes too. I keep getting duds. -.- not even a titan dragon! I'd welcome that fail, since I don't have one. Ugh.

xoam0re
03-15-13, 12:15 PM
LOLLing at the blue pills. :D my night dragon doesn't seem to have very strong genes too. I keep getting duds. -.- not even a titan dragon! I'd welcome that fail, since I don't have one. Ugh.

i'd GLADLY give you the two i have just bred!!!

fitfunsparkle
03-15-13, 12:18 PM
Wish i could give you a titan. I've bred several extras and those are a long fail!

edolka
03-15-13, 02:55 PM
Argh!!!! No luck with black hybrids!!!! Just blew 500 gold trying for a bat. And nada!!! :( can't get deep or illusion either:( not to mention dark angel which I want sooooo much!!!!!

antbanks
03-15-13, 03:08 PM
I had 3 titans in a row. Still only have night dragon and the black/green hybrid.

kwhales
03-15-13, 03:09 PM
All I could get is deep. Too many long breeding time fails to keep trying right now. I am missing to many others to devote my den to these. Maybe later.

LisaGore
03-15-13, 06:20 PM
Me too, trying to breed that Gobling but all i got so far are about 6x Coral and a Super Dragon (what wasnt too bad, had no luck breeding one when i tried to ^^)
I guess i hate the 10 now..

loki1989
03-16-13, 02:17 AM
I'm gonna slowly mix my night dragon with other type of dragon I have to see what kind of result I will get

figuresk8er88
03-16-13, 05:58 AM
yeah i've been having really bad luck with night! took me like 15 corals before getting night finally, and i've been constantly trying to breed hybrids, so far i've tried night with red/athletic/planet/titan, mostly got corals again! then charm. and even 3 times left or right heart dragon (what do i need those for now?? thought they were limited edition?). but still no luck, maybe i'm using the wrong combinations?

Galadraal
03-16-13, 07:08 AM
I'm having even worse luck with the pink hybrids. I even tried breeding the Night with the Virtue to get a Goblin but got a second Bubble (my only pink hybrid). I did manage to get the Deep and the Bat which is fantastic. I've been trying for a Diamond but no luck with that no matter what I try.

They should not split the traits! A black should ONLY contribute a Black trait! I bred a Night with a dragon that has red and green to try for the Hunter or Goblin and got a Coral which is NOT RIGHT!!!

SweetFangs
03-16-13, 08:12 AM
Yup - pink and black officially off the breeding plan at the moment. After nothing but islands, poisons, corals, and I can't believe I'm about to complain about Caesar, but after trying so hard for one and getting it by mistake, I've now had three more. *deep sigh* I've been trying for the hunter and the deep almost continuously, with no luck at all. And those are just the failed night experiments. I had to shelve the pinks for the same reason - not a single titan after months of trying and to get three in a row... fail. massive, massive fail.

SweetFangs
03-16-13, 08:15 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - salt in the wound - salt in the wound. Curse you DS! Just trying for something innocuous like finally going for a wizard and what do you give me? Another NIGHT! So evil! :(

Criagirl
03-16-13, 09:43 AM
glad to know I'm not the only one.... so many coral and magics. taking a break right now and trying to get a virtue....at least those fails are only 5 hours for the love dragon

Baraze
03-16-13, 04:32 PM
Trying using a hybrid with night. Thats how I got the other hybrids, aside of goblin and deep.

sollia
03-16-13, 04:54 PM
Trying using a hybrid with night. Thats how I got the other hybrids, aside of goblin and deep.

I've been doing Night and 3 color hybrids and I still have no Night hybrids sadly.

I went back to trying for pink hybrids and got a Kite dragon so there is that.

kaylahni
03-16-13, 05:28 PM
This is a serious point of frustration for many players! I have usually been patient and fairly successful in the past, but there must have been a change in the breeding codes because now it is simply impossible to get anything new! I have tried many, many times for a night hybrid and I'm so tired of corals, fruitfuls, island, magic, etc. I can't even get some of the older dragons I have yet to get because the new breeding is breaking everything down too much. I still do NOT have a mistmoth! When I first started this game I wanted fairy and mistmoth. I'd have islands full of just those two dragons! I just got my first fairy while trying for the 4 Leaf! And now I can't manage to get a mistmoth at all! VERY frustrating. I certainly hope TL is addressing this. It's not an issue of rare or super rare even. Things have really changed and it seems we only get the same common dragons over and over. There is NO fun in that!

salinho
03-16-13, 05:48 PM
This is INSANE. I think I just got a laserlight using a justice and a fruitful.
WHAT. THE. HECK. why's everything breaking down so much?? This is absurd. No fun at all. I'm really irritated right now. :(

rosewaterlily
03-16-13, 06:04 PM
My island is a night hybrid free zone as well. Sure got a lot of corals trying though. At least I got one mistmoth, which I'd wanted for a long time and never had.

nbella1414
03-16-13, 06:20 PM
At least when trying for Dark Angel most of the fails are water and coral. So it's 10-12 hours. Of course the magics and wizards are no fun.

That's why I stopped wasting gold on it. It feels like its not even a real possibility right now.

lobius
03-16-13, 06:48 PM
keep thinking i got a hybrid then i get stuck with magic,coral,island, charm,serpent,atlantis,fruitful,even ironicallly got a luck dragon i mean just wow my night dragons gone cookoo for the wierd

henrylucky
03-16-13, 07:10 PM

You're true, I got my first night hybrid (Deep) with Night and Aether (I wanted Illusion, but popped out 15 hrs...)I think I will try Diamond and Deep..:D

ashleyann2006
03-16-13, 07:31 PM
same here. my night dragon needs some advil.. I finally took a break and got my first pink (virtue) dragon.. I am on android.
went back to breeding night and guess what 20 hrs fail......
so next breeding i will try my pink dragon. will send night to the hospital for a good night's rest..

ksolecki
03-17-13, 08:40 AM
I've been breeding mine for over a week & keep getting coral, island & poison. Super disappointed :(

topherocious
03-17-13, 09:13 AM
Yeah, they should probably loosen the reins on the breeding probability of pink & black. I've been lucky and got all but the Dark Angel black hybrids. Luckily, I got all the pinks before they change everything introducing black.

salinho
03-17-13, 09:55 AM
Yeah, they should probably loosen the reins on the breeding probability of pink & black. I've been lucky and got all but the Dark Angel black hybrids. Luckily, I got all the pinks before they change everything introducing black.

I am missing kite (and diamond, so unicorn too) and with these new breeding combos, it seems less and less likely to get it. -.-

Baraze
03-17-13, 10:10 AM
I've been doing Night and 3 color hybrids and I still have no Night hybrids sadly.

I went back to trying for pink hybrids and got a Kite dragon so there is that.

With four hybrids in the mix, it becomes more complicated. With three the chances are better.

I used night and clown. With that I got my bat three times in a row. On andoid it worked too. For goblin and deep I used ruby and sapphire. For hunter I used familiar. And wizard for illusion. I got duplicates of all and happily sent them to the trading portal. Its best to use hybrids with colors of all the black dragons.

With th pinks, again they took forever. When I stopped caring about them, they were all over the place.

myk95
03-17-13, 11:03 AM
I got my first night dragon water +coral

lunarbunny
03-18-13, 04:06 PM
Has anyone bred night and night? I've been wondering if you could get some purple blue hybrids, I still need aether and mistmoth, I got my night on the first try

DraconJakc
03-18-13, 08:14 PM
Has anyone bred night and night? I've been wondering if you could get some purple blue hybrids, I still need aether and mistmoth, I got my night on the first try
If you have a diamond, breeding with night gives a good chance for aether. I got 2 aethers this way. I bred super with night & pink as well so if you are missing super, try that combo too.

But no black hybrid so far for me too (coming from an island with 2 diamonds, 2 infinities & a crusader-which is easy enough to get by the way if you have the diamond)...

fitfunsparkle
03-18-13, 08:57 PM
More island, coral, island, coral. Got a wiz, but already have one. Ive been breeding night with single color dragons, and two and three color hybrids, no luck. Right now im trying for the moon dragon. I still dont have any night hybrids, and i havent gotten any new dragons at all since night! Wish i would get a mistmoth fail.

mommaemily
03-19-13, 06:37 AM
Same here. Night Dragon plus any other Dragon makes one's I already have! Ugh!!!! Thought it was a Kindle version issue. Guess not. :/

s_lynne
03-19-13, 04:34 PM
While I love the whole idea of the Night Dragons, they are also a major pain in the ____. I have used countless combos but Night always seems to split causing each combo to only produce Coral/Wizard/Charm or Magic Dragons. I've even tried Night with a dragon that didn't have the purple element, like Scarecrow, and even that produced either a Coral or a Wizard Dragon. How was that even possible? Were they designed to split they way they do or was it a glitch that TL just refused to fix?? Either way, these dragons are makin me frustrated more and more. Right now I'm tryin for Dark Angel and I'm usin Night & Diamond and my results so far are:

1. MistMoth 12h
2. Wizard 22h
3. Wizard 22h

I'm not gonna buy/spend and more gold because it would just be a waste because the next outcomes would just be more long hour fails. :mad:

hamadrys
03-19-13, 04:55 PM
Yeah, they split. Night is made of blue + purple. Everytime you breed it, you run the risk to get all the different blue and plurple hybrids as fails... + fails from the color(s) of the dragon you are breeding it to.
Night + Light can be a myriad of different ones : Coral, Wizard, Aether, Ice cream, Dream, Luck, Hypnotic, Moon...
I am going through the same deal, I can sympathize. Trying for Moon and having all the purple/blue hybrids in my nests right now.
Same thing with Virtue. Yes, they sure are a pain in the booty !

fitfunsparkle
03-19-13, 05:19 PM
Looks like another coral being bred right now! The good news is that i have an ice cream egg on the nest, and i didnt have one of those yet. I only have 57 dragon breeds, so you'd think i could "fail" with some new ones instead of the repetitive coral/island fails.
Plus a ten hour fail is preferable to trying for leopard and gettting sunrise! Looking on the bright side :)

sollia
03-19-13, 06:13 PM
While I love the whole idea of the Night Dragons, they are also a major pain in the ____. I have used countless combos but Night always seems to split causing each combo to only produce Coral/Wizard/Charm or Magic Dragons. I've even tried Night with a dragon that didn't have the purple element, like Scarecrow, and even that produced either a Coral or a Wizard Dragon. How was that even possible? Were they designed to split they way they do or was it a glitch that TL just refused to fix?? Either way, these dragons are makin me frustrated more and more. Right now I'm tryin for Dark Angel and I'm usin Night & Diamond and my results so far are:

1. MistMoth 12h
2. Wizard 22h
3. Wizard 22h

I'm not gonna buy/spend and more gold because it would just be a waste because the next outcomes would just be more long hour fails. :mad:

Pink does the same thing and I don't see nearly as many people complaining about that and I don't remember seeing many complaints when they were first released.

Why is everyone so upset about this? It means they can take their time and come up with good dragons rather than rush to finish several of every combination.

tonguelashing
03-19-13, 06:20 PM
Pink does the same thing and I don't see nearly as many people complaining about that and I don't remember seeing many complaints when they were first released.

Why is everyone so upset about this? It means they can take their time and come up with good dragons rather than rush to finish several of every combination.

I think it's because the black dragons appear to do it more than the pinks. Also, they recently refined their breeding rules so a pink breaks down when bred with a diamond (never used to when unicorn came out and everyone was affraid it would...now it does) whereas the night dragon did this from the start. A lot of people already have the pink hybrids and they seemed easier to get at the time than the black dragons do.

Being on Android, I only just got the pink dragons when the Valentines day edition came out, so it's just as bad for me in terms of splitting breeds for either, but it does still seem like the night dragons split more than the pinks, but that's also a bit of perception since I've been doing nothing but trying for night dragon hybrids for the last bit...so my perception may be wrong.

fitfunsparkle
03-19-13, 07:38 PM

Because getting a new dragon is fun! I am tired of seeing the same dragon egg over and over on my nest and having to wait another day to try again....or two if it is a long titan fail. My goal is to have one of each. I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing the same trouble as i am with these nights. I have never had a new color come out and go over a week without getting at least one hybrid. As for pink, i only have unicorn and origami (besides the freebie lightning from album reward).

thomaaas
03-19-13, 08:57 PM
It's so frustrating, I was so excited when I found out about a new dark element being added, but I only got the Night dragon so far, and I've been trying since they were released, and I still haven't got any night hybrid and it's ****ing me. I think I've gotten like 30 corals, 20 island,... but no night hybdrid while they are supposed to be rare, not even super rare. It's not even fun anymore, the pink hybrids were way easier.

I also suspect since the boosted breed was added, I haven't been able to breed anything new or even rare.

fitfunsparkle
03-20-13, 09:52 AM
. As for pink, i only have unicorn and origami (besides the freebie lightning from album reward).

Oh, and bubble!

Iridescentt
03-20-13, 10:00 AM
Same luck, or should I say bad luck been breeding my night dragon for a week, all fails have not seen 1 night hybrid :(. Many many islands, charms, corals bleh....

J85909266
03-20-13, 10:23 AM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48067-Black-and-Pink-Dragon-Hybrids-are-Too-Rare/page3

Here's the original thread on the topic.

There has been a TON of negative feedback on how frequently black and pink hybrids refuse to stay black and pink during breeding. You can find it in almost every thread.

moburn
03-20-13, 04:45 PM
Can someone tell me if there is a way to get a night dragon without paying real cash for it? Can it be bred using dragons I already have?

kwhales
03-20-13, 05:07 PM
Can someone tell me if there is a way to get a night dragon without paying real cash for it? Can it be bred using dragons I already have?

Breed purple and blue for night dragon. Good luck.

moburn
03-20-13, 06:58 PM
Thanks! :)

tonguelashing
03-20-13, 10:31 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48067-Black-and-Pink-Dragon-Hybrids-are-Too-Rare/page3

Here's the original thread on the topic.

There has been a TON of negative feedback on how frequently black and pink hybrids refuse to stay black and pink during breeding. You can find it in almost every thread.

Yes, the new breeding formula is kinda harsh. Seems like team lava are trying to force people to buy gold....changing the breakdown rate for pink and black (ie harder to get unicorn now than before) choosing the same breeding time for dark angel as night dragon so people are anxious to speed up the breeding to see if they got it or another night.

On the bright side you can get diamond hybrids with a diamond and a hybrid dragon instead of having to use a pure element dragon. But noe infinity can't be used as a diamond parent...lots of pros and cons to recent changes it seems.

Meh

nbella1414
03-20-13, 11:04 PM
Me too. Well just for Dark Angel. I was pretty lucky and got all the blacks right away when they came out. I thought in would still be lucky with Angel but noooo. I feel like I'll never get it. I've bred nothing but night and diamond since it came out and spent a LOT of old and just can't get it. The black splits almost every time. I've only gotten like 4 nights outbid countless breedings with that pair. So discouraging.!

mommaemily
03-21-13, 08:00 AM
Woo hoo night and clown worked :)

jmterao
03-21-13, 09:08 AM
Woo hoo night and clown worked :)

Not for me :( All i get from that cross is alot of Mists.

fitfunsparkle
03-22-13, 05:57 AM
Oh awesome, breeding night and diamond gave me the super ultra rare WATER dragon! Lol. Taking a break to try for easter, and snowman before it goes away.

s_lynne
03-24-13, 07:46 PM
Still no Goblin for me. :(

I've been tryin so many different combos its not even funny. I'm so frustrated!!!

tonguelashing
03-24-13, 09:02 PM
Still no Goblin for me. :(

I've been tryin so many different combos its not even funny. I'm so frustrated!!!

Yep me too.

aceblade
03-25-13, 09:07 AM
I took a break from Goblin and switched to Easter.
Haven't had much luck with it either!

luv2wander
03-25-13, 05:31 PM
I took a break from black hybrids and pink hybrids to try for easter but I can't get it either. The black and pink always break down to their base colors for me and all I get are forestorms when trying for easter. It has been a couple weeks since I got anything I was trying for. Getting really bored.

fitfunsparkle
03-25-13, 05:58 PM
I was able to get easter so yay for that! Still NO night hybrid. Just tried for mask, nice 22 hour wizard fail.

tonguelashing
03-25-13, 06:18 PM
I was able to get easter so yay for that! Still NO night hybrid. Just tried for mask, nice 22 hour wizard fail.

at least it's not a titan :-)

kms899
03-26-13, 06:45 AM
I'm having luck with night dragon, have three of those, but nothing else, trying for other black and diamond, so far non. But not really bad luck, as the outcome are other dragons that I don't have.

mymummy789
03-26-13, 01:37 PM
Sadly, I am losing interest in the game because of these dragons. It gets rather depressing not having a single new dragon after several weeks of constant breeding. I am not counting the Amethyst because I could make that myself, but I swear I may do my iPod some injury if I get another 20 hour breed.

tonguelashing
03-26-13, 01:52 PM
I'm finally getting a goblin while breeding for mask so I'm happy about that...but these are hard dragons to get...very frustrating

kwhales
03-26-13, 03:33 PM
I'm finally getting a goblin while breeding for mask so I'm happy about that...but these are hard dragons to get...very frustrating

Congratulations. I still am trying for him. He doesn't like me. :(

lmac10
03-26-13, 07:02 PM
I haven't been going too bad - I got the Hunter on first try with Night & Parakeet, And the Bat on 2nd try with Night and Caesar. Having trouble with moon and mask dragons though. Haven't tried for the others though. Now if only breeding a diamond was as lucky for me. Pretty much every time I breed I use 4 or more colours in the hopes of a diamond and we are talking hundreds of breeding sessions with 4 or more colours.

scarletdragon18
04-01-13, 11:18 AM
Been trying really hard for a Mask Dragon. In the process I have gotten a Winter, Dream, Tusker, Hypnotic and Luck. Since I didn't have any of those before, it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Got the Virtue and Night in the den again with a 16hr breeding. I'm hoping it's either Tiny or Aether!

tonguelashing
04-01-13, 03:26 PM
Been trying really hard for a Mask Dragon. In the process I have gotten a Winter, Dream, Tusker, Hypnotic and Luck. Since I didn't have any of those before, it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Got the Virtue and Night in the den again with a 16hr breeding. I'm hoping it's either Tiny or Aether!

It's either an Aether or Charm. Won't be a tiny.

luv2wander
04-01-13, 03:29 PM
Sadly, I am losing interest in the game because of these dragons. It gets rather depressing not having a single new dragon after several weeks of constant breeding. I am not counting the Amethyst because I could make that myself, but I swear I may do my iPod some injury if I get another 20 hour breed.

Me too. I have not gotten anything I was trying for in last three weeks. Blacks and pinks always break down. No easter, no mythic, no clockwork, just firestorm, after firestorm, with an ocassional eagle.

I get that some dragons need to be harder to get. A diamond dragon that is really rare is cool. However when all the new dragons are incredibly hard to get it takes the fun out of the game.

1cherryblossom
04-05-13, 06:27 PM
The pink and night colours keep breaking down , how can we get enough gems to craft???
Please TL , improve the chances for pinks and nights, or give us some common pinks and nights!

idestined
04-05-13, 08:07 PM
Come back when you're ready to start breeding Mask or Dark Angel and I will show you the meaning of pain.

alphaiceman
04-05-13, 08:10 PM
Yes I tries for a week for mask and got nothing but luck dragons, which ironically is not lucky at all. Quite lame. Very painful.

tsuki003
04-05-13, 08:25 PM
The pink and night colours keep breaking down , how can we get enough gems to craft???
Please TL , improve the chances for pinks and nights, or give us some common pinks and nights!
Best advice I can give is for your dragons to be at equal lvls (I'm mainly talking pink here, haven't tried black yet). Also I found a trick where if you select your dragons in the breeding columns and the gems gray out then try waiting because, for me, when I select a dragons and the gems dont gray out then my eggs will have a higher chance of coming out on the rarer side. Don't kno why but I did that and got virtue on 2nd try. Hope this helps :)

DragonTan1
04-05-13, 08:28 PM
Best advice I can give is for your dragons to be at equal lvls (I'm mainly talking pink here, haven't tried black yet). Also I found a trick where if you select your dragons in the breeding columns and the gems gray out then try waiting because, for me, when I select a dragons and the gems dont gray out then my eggs will have a higher chance of coming out on the rarer side. Don't kno why but I did that and got virtue on 2nd try. Hope this helps :)

I've noticed the gems fading out but never payed attention to it.. I'll remember that next time. I just got my 1st Night and it is evolving so we'll see when I breed it with Tiny, thanks.

tsuki003
04-05-13, 08:31 PM
I've noticed the gems fading out but never payed attention to it.. I'll remember that next time. I just got my 1st Night and it is evolving so we'll see when I breed it with Tiny, thanks.
Np, Congrats on your night! ^.^

DragonTan1
04-05-13, 08:41 PM
Np, Congrats on your night! ^.^

Thanks first try, but I would've got it before but Mythic ate all of my money lol I got it it back thanks to the army of Diamond/hybrids I have now. (Diamond, 2x Crusader, Quetzal and Gold. Another Crusader & Gold in the nest) :P

tsuki003
04-05-13, 08:46 PM
Thanks first try, but I would've got it before but Mythic ate all of my money lol I got it it back thanks to the army of Diamond/hybrids I have now. (Diamond, 2x Crusader, Quetzal and Gold. Another Crusader & Gold in the nest) :P
I saw, your island is amazing! I really need to start working on the rarer dragons (diamond, pinks, nights) myself but seasonals always distract me so right now im trying to get passion before its too late @.@

DragonTan1
04-05-13, 09:06 PM
I saw, your island is amazing! I really need to start working on the rarer dragons (diamond, pinks, nights) myself but seasonals always distract me so right now im trying to get passion before its too late @.@

Thanks, you should post on my wall so I know who you are. I got Passion 1st try, goodluck! I'm not looking forward to breeding Night with what I've heard about the breaking down and stuff.

tsuki003
04-05-13, 09:21 PM
Thanks, you should post on my wall so I know who you are. I got Passion 1st try, goodluck! I'm not looking forward to breeding Night with what I've heard about the breaking down and stuff.
I sent you an invite but ill post too so you kno. Ya I've heard horror stories bout night really being an ultimate when it comes to breaking down. Honestly can say night and moon are prob may 2 fav dragons but they are intimidating lol

lovepuppies117
04-06-13, 07:14 AM
Can you share what did you use to get Goblin...please????? I got Hunter breeding now using Familiar (13tries), Got Illusion with Familiar too, while trying for Illusion in 5 tries! :-) Someone in thread said he got Hunter with Famliar so I stuck it out, kept breeding it and just got it! So persistence works! Also have all Diamonds, except Anubus and Angel. Also I want Dark Angel so bad, will try soon, after my next try for Bat w Ceasar/ Night. Feel free to take a look at my Isles, I have a kindle, so don't have all the "extra goodies" most of you have, but a nice collection in spite of it! :-)

itzjulezzz
04-06-13, 12:55 PM
Can you share what did you use to get Goblin...please?????

I just got my goblin with super & night !

salinho
04-06-13, 04:06 PM
It's hard not to give up... I still don't have ONE night dragon hybrid! It's like they're IMPOSSIBRU! :(

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/518752_460s.jpg

I didn't have much trouble getting the pinkies...but the nighties hate me. A lot.

DragonTan1
04-06-13, 04:31 PM
I just tried a few combos... 2 fails I was happy about was Serpent & Ice Cream. I got a lot of Night, Mistmoth, Coral, Water, Island, Magic, Charm and Titan!! I would like TL to look into this and see if there is somthing they can do about it? It's annoying when these dragons break down but to break down so much is making Night combos boring and pointless.

Can we please have staff tell us why this is still going on and why has nothing been done about it? Like I said, we are used to the break downs but to get them all the time is a pain. I guess my big black habitat will only have 3 Night dragons there for a while, I doubt I will breed Night again until there is an update or new information about a fix with this problem so many of us are having.

tonguelashing
04-06-13, 06:37 PM
Can you share what did you use to get Goblin...please?????

You were paying attention when I said I got it while breeding for Mask right? And what is the Mask dragon colors?

Martin323
04-07-13, 03:56 AM
I think it's quite misleading the "rare" status of most of the night hybrids...
I spent the past 3 weeks breeding for the bat dragon and wasn't able to get a single one. In the meantime I've got 4 super-rares, 11 rares and 8 commons... I'm so close to just let be, what's not meant to happen.

luv2wander
04-07-13, 08:39 AM
I agree. I think the pinks are the same as the nights now. when android fisrt got them I bred a couple pink hybrids without too much trouble, but now I can't get pink hybrids or night hybrids.

I also can't get easter or mythic.

DragonTan1
04-07-13, 08:42 AM
I managed to get Mask & Bubble with Night & Tiny combo, but it took a lot of tries and I hope TL can fix the break downs. It is ridiculous...

krissy5000
04-07-13, 08:59 AM
I've been alternating trying for pink hybrids and black hybrids for weeks and weeks and I have one pink hybrid and no black ones. I get that it's supposed to be challenging but when it's this difficult it just ends up being frustrating instead of fun.

Magikot
04-07-13, 11:07 AM
I've been alternating trying for pink hybrids and black hybrids for weeks and weeks and I have one pink hybrid and no black ones. I get that it's supposed to be challenging but when it's this difficult it just ends up being frustrating instead of fun.

Same for me too, I took a break for them when mystic came out. I hoped I would have better luck but that hasn't been the case. I can't breed a mythic either.

krissy5000
04-07-13, 11:38 AM
Same for me too, I took a break for them when mystic came out. I hoped I would have better luck but that hasn't been the case. I can't breed a mythic either.

Yeah, after a certain point it just feels hopeless. I think there's a fine line between a fun challenge and an impossible one, and up to a few months ago the game managed to ride that line really well. Now though it's well on the frustrating side of things, going by the comments in this thread and elsewhere on the forum. I really hope the breeding logic for these hybrids gets adjusted soon.

DragonTan1
04-07-13, 09:16 PM
I have got 3 Mask & a Goblin dragon now.

luv2wander
04-08-13, 03:17 PM
Yeah, after a certain point it just feels hopeless. I think there's a fine line between a fun challenge and an impossible one, and up to a few months ago the game managed to ride that line really well. Now though it's well on the frustrating side of things, going by the comments in this thread and elsewhere on the forum. I really hope the breeding logic for these hybrids gets adjusted soon.

I agree. Rare dragons should be a bit hader than common but not incredibly difficult. In the last month I have not been able to get any of the "rare" dragons I have been trying for.

DragonTan1
04-08-13, 07:52 PM
I have got 3 Mask & a Goblin dragon now.

Now Bat and Ice cream & Night will have a Moon egg for me in 31 hours ^_^

fitfunsparkle
04-11-13, 06:48 PM
I still do not have a night hybrid! I have tried for night hybrids and mythic hybrids with NO success and way too many magic fails. Its magic, island, wizard....20-22 hour fails. And constant 20 or 22 hour fails make for an unenjoyable game.

yeshayahu
04-12-13, 04:08 PM
Hi guy's I think there really is something wrong. I bred Diasmond and Night and just kept getting long breeds, gave up as I wanted other breeds. Same with the Bat, could not get it. Finally I got the Mythic so I am happy.

yeshayahu
04-12-13, 04:10 PM
Another thing, my Mistmoth sucks. She does not Fly. I asked Lava to fix her, they can't or won't, I don't know.

yeshayahu
04-12-13, 04:35 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love my Mistmoth, but I have not tried to get another. Getting back to the Black Dragons, they are so hard to get and when you continually getting 20 hour breeds, it gets to be to much. I am tired of Wizards, Eagles and especially Magic. All i end up doing is craft them.

yeshayahu
04-12-13, 05:27 PM
What is especially hard is Night Dragon is the same hours that the Dark Angel, 23 hrs, and I kept getting Night Dragon.

fitfunsparkle
04-12-13, 07:07 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love my Mistmoth, but I have not tried to get another. Getting back to the Black Dragons, they are so hard to get and when you continually getting 20 hour breeds, it gets to be to much. I am tired of Wizards, Eagles and especially Magic. All i end up doing is craft them.

I've had it with wizard and magic fails! I only get to try once a day with those long fails so it isn't much fun to come in and check very often.

saintlover
04-13-13, 02:50 AM
Its getting ridiculous!

salinho
04-13-13, 03:06 AM
Yeah, this isn't fun anymore. I took a small break for easter & got mythic in between, but i still have NO black hybrids. It's beginning to be too much for me :( way too depressing.

Magikot
04-13-13, 03:47 AM
Yeah, this isn't fun anymore. I took a small break for easter & got mythic in between, but i still have NO black hybrids. It's beginning to be too much for me :( way too depressing.

I agree. I've been playing so long it's hard to just walk away, but sadly I think it's time I uninstall ds. Can't breed a mythic, can't breed night hybrids. The color splitting is just excessive, they need to put things back the way they were.

The breeding difficulties combined to with the state of the android version of ds is too much. There are plenty of other games out there who want our business. Hopefully tl will actually start listening to customer feedback and makes some of the changes this games needs on all platforms.

badger8
04-13-13, 06:21 AM
I'm in the same boat. I haven't had a new dragon in weeks. No night hybrids. Can't even get an Easter or Mythic...endless firestorms with a token eagle thrown in.
The game is seriously going downhill. I ended up quitting Bakery because of all the nonsense there. This may be next...

luv2wander
04-13-13, 05:51 PM
Me too. In the last month I have tried for "rare" night hybrids, pink hybrids, and mythic and I have not gotten any of them. I also have not gotten an easter. The last couple weeks I have repeatedly bred pink and yellow dragons which gives me a chance at easter, mythic and kite. All I get are firestorms, loves and the common light and yellow one whose name escapes me at the moment.

Why bother. Having a few incredibly hard dragons to get is fine. Making all the new dragons so hard to get is a game ****er. I won't play much longer with these new breeding rules. There is just no point to it.

danni7788
04-13-13, 06:06 PM
I'm having a similar experience :( bred night on my second try, took a break to try for some new ones, but for the past month I've been breeding night and aurora hoping for any night hybrid- nothing. Pink hasn't been as bad for me. I've managed 2 pink hybrids by accident (tiny and justice). Maybe that's the secret... Not trying for it.

luv2wander
04-13-13, 06:37 PM
I got a couple pink hybrids when android first got them a little before Easter but I have not been able to get any for a few weeks now.

fitfunsparkle
04-22-13, 09:57 AM
I cannot describe how frustrated i am with this. I have been trying for night hybrids since the day after night came out. I will take a day or two per week to try for the new dragon that is released or a mythic hybrid (none of those yet either), diamond hybrid, or other dragon i dont have, but mostly trying night combinations, and i still can't get a night hybrid. It breaks down Every. Single. Time! What is the point of the game if I can't get any new color mixes? I dont want an island full of wizard and magic dragons. I have had it with wizard, magic, coral and island. Many of these night hybrids are only rares, not super or ultra, and shouldn't take months to even get one. It is not even remotely fun to rarely get new dragons when i onlyhave 66 at this point. I got a trickster last week, and a mythic on april 3rd. I am Not counting craftables since i make those and dont rely on chance to get them, just breedables. Oh, i did get the dawn tree dragon!, but that was a gimmee ...with emerald and forest there was no chance for breakdowns. It is the constant breaking down that is just ****ing my enjoyment of this game.

fitfunsparkle
05-04-13, 06:16 AM
Coming up on TWO months since night dragon came out and i don't have a night hybrid yet. Most of these night hybrids are only rares, not super rares. In the past week i have tried diamond/night, night/aurora, night/fire, night/virtue, night/super, and night/luck. In between night attempts i will give a try for a new dragon, or an attempt at a mythic hybrid (none of those yet either), but i consistently try for nights. This seems extremely off balance to me. I mean, after two months you would think i would have at least one hybrid. Please, send the dragon stork to my island with a night hybrid! :)

luv2wander
05-04-13, 11:38 AM
I gave up on the pink and dark hybrids. it took me over a month to get easter and I still don't have a mythic. since myhtic is just rare you would think I would have gotten it before easter.

Now I am trying for diamonds hybrids before they all takr a vacation.

RotomGuy
05-04-13, 11:40 AM
*crawls along the ground*

That makes 300 attempts for a Kite Dragon. Not one. *faints*

chuckyface11
05-04-13, 03:09 PM
I just recently made my first night dragon, and am breeding it now for the first time with a yellow (air? I'm not DS savvy AT ALL). It created a 14 hour breeding time, and I cannot figure out what it is. I've been looking everywhere, it seems like, and haven't found anything that matches up. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please? (I hope I posted this in the correct area). Ty!

sollia
05-04-13, 03:18 PM
I just recently made my first night dragon, and am breeding it now for the first time with a yellow (air? I'm not DS savvy AT ALL). It created a 14 hour breeding time, and I cannot figure out what it is. I've been looking everywhere, it seems like, and haven't found anything that matches up. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please? (I hope I posted this in the correct area). Ty!

I'm pretty sure that's a Mist dragon you've got there.

chuckyface11
05-04-13, 03:56 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a Mist dragon you've got there.

Oh yeah. I was so focused on the Night aspect that I forgot its blue/purple origin. Thank you!

krissy5000
05-05-13, 08:32 PM
Wow I finally, FINALLY just got my first night hybrid. Illusion, from night and wizard (14 hours can't be anything else right?). I've been trying for months! I actually got my first diamond before I got even one night hybrid, and I was trying way harder for night hybrids. Sheesh! Kind of mad the ugliest one is my first one, but hey it beats yet another coral!

fitfunsparkle
05-06-13, 07:03 PM
Wow I finally, FINALLY just got my first night hybrid. Illusion, from night and wizard (14 hours can't be anything else right?). I've been trying for months! I actually got my first diamond before I got even one night hybrid, and I was trying way harder for night hybrids. Sheesh! Kind of mad the ugliest one is my first one, but hey it beats yet another coral!
Nice! Seriously tired of blue/purple mixes. ive had three corals from four attempts in the past two days.

krissy5000
05-06-13, 07:06 PM
Nice! Seriously tired of blue/purple mixes. ive had three corals from four attempts in the past two days.

lol I have literally been trying for months, I can't even tell you how many corals I've seen. Those night hybrids are broken! (in my game anyway)

roni122285
05-06-13, 07:22 PM
Yeah I can't get a night hybrid to save my life but if i even think of putting blue and purple in the den together I get another night dragon .... I mean really?

noir77
05-06-13, 10:44 PM
*crawls along the ground*

That makes 300 attempts for a Kite Dragon. Not one. *faints*

Next try, perhaps? XD GL!

I've been trying for DA. So many magics it's not funny :(

tsuki003
05-06-13, 11:29 PM
Has anyone had luck with aether and magic working? I wanna try them in hopes that I will either get 1) night 2) peacock or 3) mistmoth.

wealthyrich
05-07-13, 02:44 AM
Night = water (lvl 8) and magic (lvl 8) a few times this combi makes night

wealthyrich
05-07-13, 02:47 AM
The few using magic and water, got night each time

jedyk
05-07-13, 04:59 AM
c an anyone remove a doubt plz. im trying to hatch night dragon with diamond and coral just because there can be a chance to get mercury or anubis, but is it easier to get night by plain magic and water breeding?

i mean if diamond doesnt get in the picture coral is water n magic so should work, but im getting a lot of corals, and 2 wizards and 2 mistmoth but no god **** night, so im wondering if its easier without diamond in the picure...

does anyone know? tkz

kwhales
05-07-13, 05:11 AM
Take diamond out of the equation for a few tries and see what happens.

tsuki003
05-07-13, 12:37 PM
Night = water (lvl 8) and magic (lvl 8) a few times this combi makes nightI know that but aether is water and magic so if bred with magic it would, in idea, still work or give me hopefully as fails one of the other two I mentioned which was peacock magic and magic or mistmoth magic and water.

fitfunsparkle
05-07-13, 12:46 PM
The few using magic and water, got night each time

Sorry, we are talking about not being able to get night HYBRIDS.

fitfunsparkle
05-07-13, 12:48 PM
Oops, my bad. I see on the page before this one someone asking about just getting night!

tsuki003
05-07-13, 01:48 PM
Oops, my bad. I see on the page before this one someone asking about just getting night!
Ya, kinda need night before I start on those hybrids lol

s_lynne
05-08-13, 11:24 AM
On my Android account I'm on my 11th Island in a row. SMDH!!!!

fitfunsparkle
05-08-13, 11:57 AM
On my Android account I'm on my 11th Island in a row. SMDH!!!!

Ouch! I go back and forth between coral and wizard lately since i keep trying night and diamond. Right now i have 23 hours on the nest. Hoping for DA, most likely just another night. Not gonna waste the gold to speed it up considering my constant string of night hybrid failures.

sunkalito
05-08-13, 05:24 PM
Why do these night hybrids seem impossible for so many people??

carlsbad69
05-08-13, 05:33 PM

because they split too much. Some people seem luckier than others. I don't have Goblin yet so that goal still sits in my goal list...but I did breed a Moon after 2 weeks of solid attempts, I got bat and Illusion (illusion was relatively easy) but hunter and deep are illusing me and I shudder at the new Lotus Dragon on Thurs.

DragonTan1
05-08-13, 06:12 PM

I don't know, I have got 2+ of them all except for DA, Moon and Hunter... I think TL needs to check up on their games. I like the Night hybrids and would like more of them IF they allow more habitats!

HenryLucky1
05-08-13, 08:06 PM
I don't know, I have got 2+ of them all except for DA, Moon and Hunter... I think TL needs to check up on their games. I like the Night hybrids and would like more of them IF they allow more habitats!

And big Diamond habitat!

elitaserina
05-10-13, 11:26 AM
i have been trying since it's release with no luck! i did get an illusion but i really dont like that one all i get are mists or coral. please take those dragons away! i'm so sick of seeing 14 hore fail times!

elitaserina
05-10-13, 11:27 AM
because they split too much. Some people seem luckier than others. I don't have Goblin yet so that goal still sits in my goal list...but I did breed a Moon after 2 weeks of solid attempts, I got bat and Illusion (illusion was relatively easy) but hunter and deep are illusing me and I shudder at the new Lotus Dragon on Thurs.

what was your combos?

elitaserina
05-10-13, 11:33 AM
I agree. I think the pinks are the same as the nights now. when android fisrt got them I bred a couple pink hybrids without too much trouble, but now I can't get pink hybrids or night hybrids.

I also can't get easter or mythic.
every time i breed my pink i get a love

elitaserina
05-10-13, 11:46 AM
just got my third love dragon with night and tusker! ahhhhh

storminatcup75
05-10-13, 09:43 PM
I can't get the Goblin Dragon but through breeding the Virtue Dragon with the Night Dragon I've managed to breed a Moon Dragon an Athletic Dragon and I think it's going to be after this third time as I already had one a third Moon Dragon.

carlsbad69
05-10-13, 09:48 PM
I can't get the Goblin Dragon but through breeding the Virtue Dragon with the Night Dragon I've managed to breed a Moon Dragon an Athletic Dragon and I think it's going to be after this third time as I already had one a third Moon Dragon.

While trying for mask (night/virtue) I got a goblin on one account and an origami on this account. I bred moon later on this one and Dark Angel (YES IT IS POSSIBLE) on my other account. what was interesting about that is they occured at virtually the same time.

1cherryblossom
05-11-13, 01:34 AM
Any good combos for goblin?

anurulz
05-12-13, 06:25 AM
the only night hybrid i got was the moon..other thn tht i have the suckiest luck wid the night hybrids..they split everytime!!!!not one hybrid i have..

RotomGuy
05-12-13, 06:42 AM
Any good combos for goblin?

Night + Fire
Night + Ruby
Lotus + Fire
Lotus + Ruby

Those are the combos with the least fails. Try using the Lotus if Night keeps failing you. If you are on Android, then Night + Fire is the best :(

RotomGuy
05-12-13, 06:42 AM
I only have one Night hybrid right now (Deep), and two Pink hybrids (Flower and Chocolate).

Because of my obsession with a certain Pink though I haven't actually tried for them much.

Lolas_Kryptonite
05-12-13, 07:58 AM
I only have one Night hybrid right now (Deep), and two Pink hybrids (Flower and Chocolate).

Because of my obsession with a certain Pink though I haven't actually tried for them much.

Kite or Mask? lol

elitaserina
05-12-13, 11:13 AM
the only night hybrid i got was the moon..other thn tht i have the suckiest luck wid the night hybrids..they split everytime!!!!not one hybrid i have..

what was your moon combo? i have tried light and night 6 times with no luck. i am now out of gold to speed the process and pretty pissed about it

1cherryblossom
05-12-13, 05:58 PM
Thanks! RotomGuy. I'll try using lotus when it's hatched!

tsuki003
05-12-13, 06:35 PM
Alrighty, 1st attempt at night was aether and magic which got me coral XP once my diamond is at breeding lvl then I'll try a diamond x diamond combo.

Any other recommendations?

pontifixx
05-12-13, 09:15 PM
After many, many, many fails trying for Moon using Night/Light combo, last week I threw in Tiny/Night just to see what would happen and got Moon on the very first try. Maybe try that combo? Good luck!

karamsay
05-13-13, 07:51 AM
I just hatched my very first night hybrid! I had been trying for a couple weeks with Night/Scarecrow, and when I switched it up to Aurora/Night my Hunter showed up!

elitaserina
05-13-13, 08:50 AM
I just hatched my very first night hybrid! I had been trying for a couple weeks with Night/Scarecrow, and when I switched it up to Aurora/Night my Hunter showed up!

congrats! i love that dragon! still can't get it i don't have an aurora. good for you!

karamsay
05-13-13, 09:37 AM
congrats! i love that dragon! still can't get it i don't have an aurora. good for you!

Thanks! :D

fitfunsparkle
05-15-13, 06:47 PM
Last week i bred night and diamond all week long, with the result of two nights, i think two wizards, and the rest coral.
I made a quick detour from my night breeding to attempt saturn (fail), and Naga (success!). Then i began breeding fire and night. My results so far.... Charm, Coral, coral, and coral. My RED only came into play once so far, everything else is just that stupid blue/purple split. How long has night been out now? I got it right away, and still not a single hybrid.

funnyrandomness5112
05-15-13, 07:00 PM
Just Breed Night/Quetzal and got 20 hours. >.< Island or Magic

tsuki003
05-15-13, 11:15 PM
Finally! 23 hours with diamond x diamond combo! It must be a night right?

noir77
05-16-13, 07:17 AM
Just got a 15 hour deep from wizard and night! My first night hybrid! :D *excited*

krissy5000
05-18-13, 03:40 PM
I got Bat! From night and air, after lots of tries. So that's 2 night hybrids and still just 1 pink hybrid. Is there a thread about how hard pink hybrids are to get? :)

fitfunsparkle
05-30-13, 04:15 PM
Okay. I think i have had enough. I have really enjoyed dragon story. I began playing last October and always looked forward to checking on my dragons.
I still do not have a single night hybrid. I have the plain night, and i crafted Lotus. The color splitting is beyond ridiculous. It is wizard, coral, wizard, coral. My night hybrid breeding attempts almost never utilize both parents, just the night. i have no mythic hybrids or cosmic hybrids either.

My last new breedable dragon was the Naga. In three weeks i have not managed to breed a single new dragon type. I have 72 dragons total, so there are plenty for me to still get. Long Mindvolt fails had me missing seabreeze, and i have so many winters from going after dream that my island is beginning to ice over. I did not get dream nor seabreeze. So, yes, this plan of making limiteds out of non-holiday dragons is just another push out the door for me.

I also dislike the new single element dragons. It is nice to be able to know which dragons to put together to make a new dragon without having to come to the forums. If i knew i had all the time in the world to make attempts it wouldnt be so bad, but with limiteds popping up every few days.....
Anyhow, i will check in on my game every so often to give maps and answer any requests from my neighbors, but gone are my days of being excited about getting a new dragon, because it is always just another fail. I certainly wont be purchasing any gold.
My main feedback is this: stop the color splitting. Green doesnt split to blue and yellow. I dont think magic has split on me either. Instead of coming out with a new element every week, make more common dragons for pink, night, cosmic, and mythic rather than having them split.
Thanks again for the game, and the time put into making beautiful islands, habitats, and dragons. I just find it too frustrating these days, and it was always a favorite because it didnt have the time sensitivity like the bakery/restaurant/fashion story games.

fitfunsparkle
06-09-13, 03:34 PM
Got my first night hybrid today trying for mistmoth (still dont have). Dark angel is on the nest! It took me three months to get one night hybrid lol.

DragonTan1
06-09-13, 03:58 PM
Got my first night hybrid today trying for mistmoth (still dont have). Dark angel is on the nest! It took me three months to get one night hybrid lol.

And your first night hybrid is the hardest night hybrid lol and for most, the hardest Diamond hybrid! Congrats!

Disel8
06-10-13, 09:15 AM
Got mistmoth with night and night!

funnyrandomness5112
06-10-13, 09:31 AM

Lucky Lucky Lucky! Congrats!

DragonTan1
06-10-13, 09:31 AM

I can only get pure colour with Night/Night

Magic
Water
Night
Night Elf
Peacock

danni7788
06-10-13, 09:41 AM
I can only get pure colour with Night/Night

Magic
Water
Night
Night Elf
Peacock

Same here. Disel8, are you an Androd/Kindle? It seems like iOS players get pure colors with night/night (and virtue/virtue, etc) but not true for Android/Kindle. Or can someone disconfirm this?

codenameraven
06-10-13, 05:21 PM
No mask still and now there's new ones! Argggh frustrated

HenryLucky1
06-10-13, 05:23 PM
Same here. Disel8, are you an Androd/Kindle? It seems like iOS players get pure colors with night/night (and virtue/virtue, etc) but not true for Android/Kindle. Or can someone disconfirm this?

No, android too

HenryLucky1
06-10-13, 05:23 PM

It's Water (?)

DragonTan1
06-10-13, 06:04 PM
It's Water (?)

Lol I think you're right.... Imagine seeing Water when he checks his nest! Ouch..

DragonmasterC99
06-21-13, 05:57 AM
Me too, trying to breed that Gobling but all i got so far are about 6x Coral and a Super Dragon (what wasnt too bad, had no luck breeding one when i tried to ^^)
I guess i hate the 10 now..

Wo, you got a super?! I've been trying for one forever! Which dragonas did you breeed with your night? I've been trying to get a lot of black hybrids. I didnt know that night dragons split colours when breeding, so when i out him with my tatan, i got a charm...

igames4me
06-21-13, 06:20 AM
On main account finally got goblin
With night and chocolate

wayneh23
06-21-13, 11:56 AM
Have been trying for hunter for atleast 2 weeks with Night/Forest and have seen nothing but 5xcorals, 6xislands, 3xpoisons, 5xaethers, 2xatlantis and 1 familiar, (7 super rares) why does it have to be so difficult.

coco1954
06-22-13, 12:26 PM
The night dragon is an extremely hard breed. I finally gave up on using night and used onyx/ diamond. Took about 20 tries but finally got it!

wayneh23
06-22-13, 01:41 PM
2 more corals yesterday and started the day with a coral, If i could get onyx i would prob give him a go, might have to try for night elf.

yeshayahu
06-27-13, 01:58 PM
I was trying for Dark Angel, kept getting Night and Magic all long breeds. Gave up seems like even Helios is also a long breed still at it 39x's and counting. On the other hand my DS on my mini is doing great, Got Night and the Mask. Seems like it depends on your game; one is great and the other is just down hill.LOL

wayneh23
06-27-13, 02:01 PM
went back to night/diamond 12 hour fail

fitfunsparkle
07-22-13, 06:42 PM
Wow, a second night hybrid! Night Elf is on the nest, from Dark Angel and Coral.That makes TWO night hybrids since the beginning of March. I did slow down on my night breeding to just a few times per week and worked on other dragon types. Excited to have another!

fitfunsparkle
10-04-13, 05:59 AM
Two in a row! I started focusing solely on night dragons again ths past week. First i got a Leo, i have no idea what i used for that, thought i put dark angel and winter in the den. Did da and winter again and got Moon! Then did da and coral and got illusion! It has Only taken me six months to get four black hybrids, lol.

fitfunsparkle
10-07-13, 06:55 PM
Unbelievable! After Friday's success i got two corals, then.....Goblin!, from crusader and lotus. Then fruitful, then Deep!, from da and water. Four new black hybrids within 5 days! Yay :)

mrarfan
10-07-13, 07:45 PM
Unbelievable! After Friday's success i got two corals, then.....Goblin!, from crusader and lotus. Then fruitful, then Deep!, from da and water. Four new black hybrids within 5 days! Yay :)

Too lazy to breed my Nights lol

rambrose0378
11-19-13, 01:48 PM
I have question and I cant seem to find the answer. I am wanting to breed two dragons but I am afraid I will get one that needs a habitat I haven't leveled up enough to buy. So I guess my question is....Is it possible to breed a dragon you haven't leveled up enough to buy?

kooky panda
11-19-13, 03:29 PM
I have question and I cant seem to find the answer. I am wanting to breed two dragons but I am afraid I will get one that needs a habitat I haven't leveled up enough to buy. So I guess my question is....Is it possible to breed a dragon you haven't leveled up enough to buy?
Hey rambrose this is a really good question.
I did check on this and no , you can't breed a Dragon that is above your level for this reason.

rambrose0378
11-19-13, 05:23 PM
Ok good. I was worried I would get a baby and not have a home for it. Thank you so very much!

KariKawaii
01-06-14, 02:57 PM
Ok does anyone have any luck on this game for anything or what? I will not spend another 4.99 on here (spent over 300- in few months) and I can't even get Mask! I got Diamond while trying to get it, best luck ever so far. I have goblin when I wasn't trying. But I cannot say how much of this game is just about luck of the draw. Hope to hear of any more successful black hybrids... Especially this MASK!! I could have bought her and a Helios with leftover $$ in my pocket if I knew ahead it would be so hard to get.

Blackfaer
08-26-14, 03:19 PM
Ok does anyone have any luck on this game for anything or what? I will not spend another 4.99 on here (spent over 300- in few months) and I can't even get Mask! I got Diamond while trying to get it, best luck ever so far. I have goblin when I wasn't trying. But I cannot say how much of this game is just about luck of the draw. Hope to hear of any more successful black hybrids... Especially this MASK!! I could have bought her and a Helios with leftover $$ in my pocket if I knew ahead it would be so hard to get.

I've been trying for black hybrids for several months. I've NEVER seen my night dragon not break down and create blue or purple hybrids. I've gotten over 20 coral, at least a dozen island, 3 blue moons (supposedly super rare) all while trying for Moon or Goblin or various other black hybrids. I still have only 2 night dragons and no other black dragons at all. I keep thinking I must be doing something wrong, there must be a way to get black to breed but it sure doesn't look like it.

Anaboe
08-26-14, 03:30 PM
After over a year playing, I have:
Moon (2x)
Night
Deep
Hunter
Bat
Raven (as a price in the Spin-the-Wheel, not through breeding)
Lotus (crafted)
Illusion
Yin Yang (as a price in a tournament, not through breeding)

So, after a year, on and off trying, I only managed to breed 7 black dragons... Mask is one of the most dificult dragons to obtain (almost as dificult as Diamond), for all required colors can split into other colors, and only when both colors don't split, you have a chance for Mask - something almost never happens. Pink (Virtue) and Black (Night) have 28 possible outcomes, and only 1 needs both colors not to split.

freesiawoods
08-26-14, 09:26 PM
I have bred night elf and deep on two accounts, and my main account has bred moon, illusion and bat. I simply cannot get mask, hunter or dapper or black diamond. Night has come out quite a few times though.

rubyhummer
04-06-15, 10:05 AM
I finally have a few black hybrids myself, they're difficult and seldom seen. Many fails, including breeding a ton of nights. So far, over a year trying, I have these.

Deep bred 3 (wizard x night, illusion x night, leo x illusion)
Dapper (night x goblin)
Goblin (night x eagle)
Illusion (night x aether)
Lotus (crafted) finally... switch android user
Moon bred 2 (winter x night)
Troll (fairytale x dapper)

Mythdefied
04-06-15, 11:54 AM
I have such bad luck with black hybrids. I can't get Moon, Goblin, or Black Swan, which I've tried for repeatedly. I buy them when they come up for sale, and I got lucky on this last wheel spin. After playing for two years, I have:

Bat
Dapper
Deep
Hunter
Leaf
Lotus (crafted)
Naga (bought)
Neon
Raven
Secret (bought)
Smoke
Thunderstorm (wheel)
Troll

I'll eventually craft Onyx, Tiger's Eye, and Jade, but I really want that moon, if only because I'll never get the comet dragon without it to do the quest.

zyfazix
04-06-15, 02:01 PM
Still only got Night, Deep and Mask. I include black in every breeding combination that isn't an attempt to get a limited dragon

rusticjess
04-06-15, 03:15 PM
I only have a dern Night dragon. I did have a night elf, but I traded him for the crafting materials. Otherwise, I have been able to breed NO other night theme dragons, with my one night almost always being in my breeding den.

Mythdefied
04-06-15, 06:25 PM
I only have a dern Night dragon. I did have a night elf, but I traded him for the crafting materials. Otherwise, I have been able to breed NO other night theme dragons, with my one night almost always being in my breeding den.

Please tell me that was a deliberate trade and not an accident. I might cry if it's an accident. I have so little luck breeding the super rare night hybrids that the thought of trading one by accident makes me cringe.

PernReloaded
04-06-15, 08:08 PM
Please tell me that was a deliberate trade and not an accident. I might cry if it's an accident. I have so little luck breeding the super rare night hybrids that the thought of trading one by accident makes me cringe.

For what it's worth, I've only been able to breed three Night hybrids - Moon, Night, and Dapper. All my others are either tournament wins, crafted, or Spin To Win.

inesat
04-07-15, 04:09 AM
My experience with black element dragons has been weird, to say the least. I have a Moon to send on quests, a Night Elf (I even had a second one to trade as soon as android gained access to the trading portal!) and even the elusive Mask. I don't remember trying particularly hard for those, probably got them accidentally. What I did try for and failed time and again was a simple Bat, Deep or Dapper. Still no sign of those... Crafting a Jade, a Tiger's Eye or an Onyx is going to take ages as well, by the looks of it. At least I got a Lotus!

rusticjess
04-07-15, 10:16 AM

Yes lol, it was intended. I'm not too fond of the 'snake' or Eastern style dragons. So even though he was hard to get, I decided to get the gems he was worth instead

Dragosle
04-08-15, 09:37 AM
One of the reason that Black hybrid dragon are so hard to breed is that there are way too many fail possibilities with its minor colors (Purple and Blue), and 2 of them are 22hrs and 25hrs. I remembered it took me about 1 and half a weeks breeding Night and Water just for the Deep dragon @_@ (luckily I did it before Penumbra was released)

Yes lol, it was intended. I'm not too fond of the 'snake' or Eastern style dragons. So even though he was hard to get, I decided to get the gems he was worth instead

Funny how it happen to me when got my second Night Elf as a fail. The thought of trading completely slipped my mind and I just hit the sell button thinking "ah another already-had fail... selling" and then I was "wait... What!? That like hundred of gold and time worth to get a Jade/Tiger Eye" :(

saghaven
04-09-15, 02:45 PM
Night dragons are ridiculously hard to breed. Every single one I have has either been crafted or was bred completely by accident trying for something else. I've got a Moon (bred), Smoke (bred), Yin Yang (tournament), Goblin (bred), Magma (crafted), Obsidian (crafted), Deep (bred),Lotus (crafted), Frightmare (tournament) and Archangel (bought). The bred ones were complete flukes. The color always splits, even in champs and zodiacs that have black as a base color with something else you end up with blue/purple hybrids. It's insane.

Rainstorms45
04-09-15, 03:25 PM
On my main island I have a few night ones, hunter, deep, night, think elf as well gotta check to see which ones exactly ... i went on a breed night kind only for a while them i went to pinks lol just started on my way 2nd account i just started breeding nights got my first night dragon in nest still can afford habitat yet lol 50,000 more to go lol

saghaven
04-09-15, 04:55 PM
On my second account (a Kindle account so no crafting, mining or tournaments) I've got a Night, Elf, Moon, Hunter, Illusion, Bat (recently bred) and a Spider (please don't ask me how I bred that - I have no clue lol).

rubyhummer
04-11-15, 01:12 PM
I finally have a few black hybrids myself, they're difficult and seldom seen. Many fails, including breeding a ton of nights. So far, over a year trying, I have these.

Deep bred 3 (wizard x night, illusion x night, leo x illusion)
Dapper (night x goblin)
Goblin (night x eagle)
Illusion (night x aether)
Lotus (crafted) finally... switch android user
Moon bred 2 (winter x night)
Troll (fairytale x dapper)

Well, I can add Emberglow (night x Scorpion) to the list. At least I finally have a black/yellow hybrid.