PDA

View Full Version : Black and Pink Dragon Hybrids are Too Rare

J85909266
03-14-13, 10:48 AM
Black and Pink dragons are giving me fits! I've been breeding for nothing but pink and now black hybrids since they finally released pink for android, and I have gotten a Flower Dragon and a Chocolate Dragon and that's it. Been trying for nothing but black hybrids since release and haven't got a single one.

I've used all the free gold I got from installing promotions and still nothing.

I've gotten 3 Aether, 3 Titan, 2 Mistmoth, 3 Super and Seabreeze (which was the worst of all because I thought it might be Bat or Goblin) and I'm sure a few other rares and super rares that I'm forgetting. I've gottten 6 super rares over dragons that only supposed to be rare.

I could understand if it were one specific dragon, but I'm trying for like ten different dragons, here, and nothing.I'm talking what has to be hundreds of breedings and over a month's time with only two successes. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Is anybody else having this hard of a time with these new color splitting hybrids? It's so bad for me that I'm not enjoying the game, anymore. I haven't had a single successful breeding since the first day or so Chocolate was released. It's depressing.

Sorry about the rant, but I've got nothing else to do as I wait for another 16 hour fail time trying for a black hybrid.

Anybody else having trouble like this?

abookwyrm
03-14-13, 11:21 AM
I hear you. It's been very frustrating trying to get pink or black hybrids. I hate having he cours split up because it makes it so hard to get the dragons you really want.

badger8
03-14-13, 11:24 AM
AMEN!!!
I can't even get a plain black dragon. I have tried what feels like a million times and I've gotten every blue-purple combo there is, but NO BLACK DRAGON!

This shouldn't be this difficult.

brandonu
03-14-13, 11:34 AM
I have no black hybrids (lots of islands and mists when trying). For pink hybrids, I have a bubble dragon and two tiny dragons.

I find them extremely difficult to get.

jackie2006
03-14-13, 11:35 AM
then later on if you have black, you try to breed for black hybrid (Goblin, Hunter, Bat, deep), I am sure that you will get a ton of black. (I got 3 blacks and so many pinks.). This game is not fun at all.

J85909266
03-14-13, 11:39 AM
then later on if you have black, you try to breed for black hybrid (Goblin, Hunter, Bat, deep), I am sure that you will get a ton of black. (I got 3 blacks and so many pinks.). This game is not fun at all.

They made breeding too complicated with too many fail results with these new color splitting hybrids. I've always loved breeding dragons up to this point, but the color-splitting this is just way too convoluted and time consuming. TL should to consider significantly increasing the chance for the color to not split. As it stands, I'm beginning to lose interest because I've been failing so often that I no longer feel I'm progressing.

sweetstuff525
03-14-13, 11:43 AM
I didn't have much trouble with pink ... I got all of them

Butt night is a pain do far I only got night

J85909266
03-14-13, 11:49 AM
I didn't have much trouble with pink ... I got all of them

Butt night is a pain do far I only got night
Are you iOS or Android? iOS has had significantly more time to try for pinks than Android. That said, I'm still impressed. My luck with pinks had been disgusting. Even worse with blacks.

sweetstuff525
03-14-13, 11:54 AM
Are you iOS or Android? iOS has had significantly more time to try for pinks than Android. That said, I'm still impressed. My luck with pinks had been disgusting. Even worse with blacks.

yeah im ios

edolka
03-14-13, 12:15 PM
I'm with you on this one. I'm iOS. Apart from unicorn for which I haven't tried yet, i have all pink dragons. But thats only beause theyve been out ages for us. I have not been able to breed ANY of the new dragons since the update. Never had such a difficulty getting a desired result before. I am so bored with the common dragon results that I also don't feel like I'm progressing any more. I had 7 dragons to get the full album. Now I'm missing 12 because I have not been able to breed a black hybrid (apart from the first pre-update ones, goblin and hunter). Now it's all fruitfull for 4l and coral for deep!!! So frustrating!!

mica4817
03-14-13, 12:16 PM
I'm still having a hard time in just getting the original dragons, tried for the diamond ever sense it 1st came out & still get the same ol dragons. This game has gotten out of hand in getting what one needs. Thinking serciously of throwing in the towel. I lost out on that Rose Arch because I couldn't get that dragon

SybreTiger
03-14-13, 12:21 PM
I'm still missing Bubble and Flower dragons of the Pinks, and I only have Night and Deep of the Blacks... Haven't even attempted Four Leaf. These new dragons are definitely too hard to get... Don't have Unicorn either, and not even gonna attempt Dark Angel for awhile...

I feel like TL just keeps making this game harder, and less fun. Dragon a story has been going downhill for a long time now.

pegasus14
03-14-13, 12:35 PM
Totally agree! It's a bit of a joke that any of these are considered rare. I've had better luck with some super rares like the seabreeze than any of the new rares. Haven't gotten any new rares since passion came out.

salinho
03-14-13, 02:29 PM
I'm missing kite and chocolate (and pegasus - no diamond) but I have NO black hybrids. Not one!! :(

Lolas_Kryptonite
03-14-13, 02:31 PM
I'm missing kite and chocolate (and pegasus - no diamond) but I have NO black hybrids. Not one!! :(

Is that all your missing from the old bunch? That's actually pretty good if that's all.

Ignoring the blacks as they're beasts.

salinho
03-14-13, 02:35 PM
Is that all your missing from the old bunch? That's actually pretty good if that's all.

Ignoring the blacks as they're beasts.

Yep. :) to be honest I've only tried for chocolate and kite about twice. xD

Lolas_Kryptonite
03-14-13, 02:52 PM
Yep. :) to be honest I've only tried for chocolate and kite about twice. xD

My! You're doing pretty darn good then young lady!!! I won't even tell you which ones I'm missing!! lol

kurebiz
03-14-13, 02:59 PM
When new dragons are just released, it normally is easier to get them for a while for most people, I think. Like they sort of release more during that period.plus since pinks were released so much earlier, I think most ios users should have all the pinks.

And yes I'm having difficulties. Tried for a week for tiny, didn't get it. Tried for a couple of days for flower, haven't gotten it either. Should the rates be changed? I wish it would.. will it be changed? I honestly doubt so.

yandao11
03-14-13, 03:40 PM
Dear TL, getting pink and night is already a challenge. Getting the diamond is also a challenge. Not to mention the diamond hybrids.

So how about we forgo the challenge of splitting up pink and night dragons?

I breed night plus purple it gives me blue/purple hybrids. Like wth dude? I certainly didn't breed blue/purple!!

Or when I try night/red I get blue/red hybrids. Oh come on if I wanted any blue/red I would have bred them myself. I don't need you to be so considerate and split it out from the night???

I'm sure TL wants us to get all the dragons and complete our album right? Lets stop splitting black and pink. :)

jovanisto
03-14-13, 04:35 PM
I wish my failed black hybrids would at least give me an aether, seabreeze or cupid. I keep getting dragons i already have. Sigh.

salinho
03-14-13, 04:46 PM
My! You're doing pretty darn good then young lady!!! I won't even tell you which ones I'm missing!! lol

You're not missing diamonds! :p i have 76 out of 98 (no witch). I didn't get the four leaf yet, either xD
Pinks weren't too hard for me. Got them all within a few tries , and I believe Bubble was 1st try. I think tiny was the one that took longest, but I got the laserlight I wanted x)

But these blacks...dang!!! :( not one!

tonguelashing
03-14-13, 04:53 PM
I'm on android also, I got the virtue easily enough. So far have 2 tiny and 1 bubble dragon for the pink hybrids. (got the 2 tiny dragons trying for the chocolate which I still don't have) but that's it.

For blacks, I have the night dragon (easily enough) and i managed to get bat and deep dragon. Goblin is a no show (all I got were supers and a couple cupids), I haven't really tried for hunter too much other than trying for goblin OR hunter by breeding night with landworm or something. And I haven't got the illusion dragon yet either.

the dark angel is proving even harder as the night dragon will still break down when bred with diamond, something the pink dragons didn't do (they might now, I haven't tried) when trying for Unicorn (which I don't have either).

The whole breeding logic lately is messed up. People getting infinities out of combos that should never produce one (diamond/forest...seriously??)

nbella1414
03-14-13, 05:01 PM
I got all the blacks right away except the dark angel. Just wasted a ton of gold for nada.

The pinks have been wayyyy harder to get but I finally got all but kite. I have a very hard time with yellow mixes. I still can't get leopard either. But I am a champion sunrise farmer. Lol I hate sunrise!!!

tonguelashing
03-14-13, 05:08 PM
I got all the blacks right away except the dark angel. Just wasted a ton of gold for nada.

The pinks have been wayyyy harder to get but I finally got all but kite. I have a very hard time with yellow mixes. I still can't get leopard either. But I am a champion sunrise farmer. Lol I hate sunrise!!!

Sunrise turned to night! :D

I hate those things. Took me forever to get leapord too. My fiancee still doesn't have one and I finally got it...she's jealous :-) But she has more diamond hybrids and the unicorn which will be harder for me to get with the new breeding logic :-(

nbella1414
03-14-13, 05:19 PM
I hear ya. It gets so frustrating sometimes I swear I'm gonna quit. But then I'll finally get one dragon I want and the excitement is back!!

It's much harder now because I only need 6 dragons. So almost everything is a fail at this point and I am selling way more than I get to keep!!!

nbella1414
03-14-13, 05:20 PM
By the way... Do u happen to remember how you got your Leopard? I really want it!

tonguelashing
03-14-13, 05:26 PM
By the way... Do u happen to remember how you got your Leopard? I really want it!

Light and griffin, both epic.

lbug1124
03-14-13, 05:33 PM
You're not missing diamonds! :p i have 76 out of 98 (no witch). I didn't get the four leaf yet, either xD
Pinks weren't too hard for me. Got them all within a few tries , and I believe Bubble was 1st try. I think tiny was the one that took longest, but I got the laserlight I wanted x)

But these blacks...dang!!! :( not one!
I got deep using night and sapphire, but nothing since then, it's just a c r a p shoot now, no science involved. Think they are just forcing us to use gold , would like to abort breeding instead of waiting so long knowing outcome is already failure...

03-14-13, 06:44 PM
I am so very tired of selling eggs of the nest, can not get pinks or blacks for all the fails. Now they come out with a diamond cross, for those of us who can not get diamond either frustration has rapidly overcome enjoyment.

elwood99
03-14-13, 07:39 PM
You guys are very lucky, I still don't have the night dragons I have been trying since it came out.

But I got all the pink dragons (except the diamond-pink hybrid) - pls don't ask me how. It took me 3 weeks of nothing but hard work. I don't have any gold left I am so sad.

sehana
03-14-13, 07:41 PM
I've been have some trouble too :(
I only have the origami and tiny pink hybrids. but no other black, pink or diamond hybrids :/

kurebiz
03-14-13, 09:28 PM
the dark angel is proving even harder as the night dragon will still break down when bred with diamond, something the pink dragons didn't do (they might now, I haven't tried) when trying for Unicorn (which I don't have either).

Pinks do break Down in vday version with diamond. Tried it a few days ago.

tonguelashing
03-14-13, 09:46 PM
Pinks do break Down in vday version with diamond. Tried it a few days ago.

Oh wonderful. Will take even longer to get a unicorn dragon now. :-( Pfft!!

ivanazagreb
03-14-13, 11:56 PM
I've been have some trouble too :(
I only have the origami and tiny pink hybrids. but no other black, pink or diamond hybrids :/

Same here! I have only Tiny and Origami. I can't get anything else! I've given up trying and decided to try for a Diamond.... It feels like I'm no longer having fun but instead I'm just concentrating on breeding and that's not how this is suposed to work.... I'ts a game and it should be fun... :(

RotomGuy
03-15-13, 12:14 AM
I want my Kite! :0

I've tried almost every combo with just Pink and Yellow. I thought the Lightning Dragon could help but still no Kite!

pegasus14
03-15-13, 06:07 AM

I've tried almost every combo with just Pink and Yellow. I thought the Lightning Dragon could help but still no Kite!

Wish I could give you one of mine! All I seem to get are Kites and Bubbles. And one Flower. That does it for all my pink and black hybrids. No Night, either.

Galadraal
03-15-13, 08:45 AM
I agree with what's been said. Pink and Black should NOT split! PERIOD! It just is not right! I too have had a hard time with Pink and Black hybrids and don't have a Diamond yet either. The only Pink I have is the Bubble. I tried the Night with the Virtue knowing they've been splitting hoping for the Goblin or at least something different and I got a second Bubble so I guess the Pink split but the Night did not -- no sense at all! The Magic doesn't split, does it? It's difficult enough without them splitting the colors. I also keep trying the Scarecrow when I try for Diamond since it has three colors but have nothing but bad luck with it. Same with the Super; I guess it's pretty much a double Purple :-(. Also, I've bred a Red/ Green with a night hoping for Hunter or Goblin because that would be logical. You know what I got? Another freakin' Coral!?! It took ZERO traits from the second dragon! NOT RIGHT!

RotomGuy
03-15-13, 09:30 AM
I agree with what's been said. Pink and Black should NOT split! PERIOD! It just is not right! I too have had a hard time with Pink and Black hybrids and don't have a Diamond yet either. The only Pink I have is the Bubble. I tried the Night with the Virtue knowing they've been splitting hoping for the Goblin or at least something different and I got a second Bubble so I guess the Pink split but the Night did not -- no sense at all! The Magic doesn't split, does it? It's difficult enough without them splitting the colors. I also keep trying the Scarecrow when I try for Diamond since it has three colors but have nothing but bad luck with it. Same with the Super; I guess it's pretty much a double Purple :-(. Also, I've bred a Red/ Green with a night hoping for Hunter or Goblin because that would be logical. You know what I got? Another freakin' Coral!?! It took ZERO traits from the second dragon! NOT RIGHT!

If they didn't split, you'd get the hyrbids every time.

J85909266
03-15-13, 10:33 AM
If they didn't split, you'd get the hyrbids every time.
Right, I'm not asking that they not split, at all. That would be too easy. I just want them to split less than the current 99.999% of the time, like they currently do. lol

salinho
03-15-13, 12:41 PM
Right, I'm not asking that they not split, at all. That would be too easy. I just want them to split less than the current 99.999% of the time, like they currently do. lol
Hear ye, hear ye! XD

hamadrys
03-15-13, 03:26 PM

Me too ! It is the pink dragon that I want the most. Breeding Virtue to Sunrise so I get a chance at Chocolate and Tiny also. But no luck yet...

codenameraven
03-15-13, 03:37 PM
I cant get flower .... or diamond still for that matter with the new dark angel...ugh

Baraze
03-15-13, 03:55 PM
It took me over a month to get my first pink hybrid-justice. The sickly looking flower came soon afterwards. It was almost three months before the rest started stumbling to my place. Tiny was the most difficult. After my first more started coming once pink started splitting with everything. I have three if them now.

The black dragons were super easy. I got all, except deep, the day of its release.

On android, I got goblin, hunter and deep on the first try. Now this last dragon, I cant see myself getting it anytime soon. Its stupid to make this diamond hybrid different than the rest. In that its the same time as a parent and the color breaking apart. They ruined it with this frature. Ruined!

jovanisto
03-15-13, 04:15 PM
At least, even if they split, we should get less outcomes of just black+ blue or light +red. When other hybrids split it is rare to get a hybrid that takes colors from only one parent. Not so with black and pink - breedings seem to bring mostly corals and love...

topherocious
03-15-13, 04:22 PM
This Dark Angel has been the hardest and worst dragon for me to get. Usually I get them real quickly, pending on rarity but this Dark Angel has wiped out my gold without having one to show.

nbella1414
03-15-13, 04:44 PM
This Dark Angel has been the hardest and worst dragon for me to get. Usually I get them real quickly, pending on rarity but this Dark Angel has wiped out my gold without having one to show.

Me too. I got all the other blacks immediately. But this one seems completely impossible. I wonder how few people actually have it. *sigh*

penqueen2
03-15-13, 06:38 PM
The breeding rules and percentages have recently been changed. The breaking up of pink and black has caused there hybrids to be extremely hard to get. My daughter is ready to quit (Me to) She has been playing for a long time. (She does not need to evolve at level 3) She has been trying for Origami for a week and has gotten one wizard and the rest commons. (16 tries)
I have been trying for the Dark Angel. The results from 2 Islands breeding:
Dragon qty % of total
coral 21 14.38%
water 51 34.93%
wizard 35 23.97%
mistmoth 5 3.42%
night 12 8.22%
magic 19 13.01%
aether 3 2.05%
146 100.00%
It is simply not fun anymore if it costs less to buy the dragon than to breed it. It has never been true before but it seems so now.
Also it seems the Wizard (and Titan from a different test) have become common. (look at the percentages) I hope this is not a ploy to increase gold usage by long fails. I have also looked at my neighbors (about 140) and Wizards and commons abound.
I really enjoy the game and don’t mind contributing a lot of gold. (I and 2 addicted daughters)

TL, please go back to the old fun breeding rules before you **** this wonderful game or put some glue in pink and black.
I love all the new features and dragons but it is a game about dragon breeding and collecting so fix something! We don’t need the boosted breading feature if it ruins the standard breeding.

salinho
03-15-13, 07:45 PM
TL, please go back to the old fun breeding rules before you **** this wonderful game or put some glue in pink and black.
I love all the new features and dragons but it is a game about dragon breeding and collecting so fix something! We don’t need the boosted breading feature if it ruins the standard breeding.

Thanks for the info on your post!

And, AMEN SISTER!

Baraze
03-15-13, 08:03 PM
Me too. I got all the other blacks immediately. But this one seems completely impossible. I wonder how few people actually have it. *sigh*

They are either lucky pumpkins who seriously need to buy a lottery ticket or two. Or they have a lot of gold to burn through. I now feel sick at using around 1,000 gold to speed through all of those nights and wizards. Until another dragon or the new features come out ill step back from the game a bit. I always say when the game causes more irritation than fun, step back or quit. I will finally my own advice.

Im going to redecorate my bakery! Devil dragon brat!

topherocious
03-15-13, 10:13 PM
Maybe I'll just go back to hoarding my gold and buy the dang Devil Dragon instead of dealing with the constant fails and annoyance. Lol

tailsprower
03-15-13, 10:19 PM
Well at least we get a free lightning dragon from the album reward :)

jennyh30
03-16-13, 01:53 AM
Don't have any black or pink hybrids! So impossible, all I've tried for in ages

pegasus14
03-16-13, 06:40 AM
The breeding rules and percentages have recently been changed. The breaking up of pink and black has caused there hybrids to be extremely hard to get. My daughter is ready to quit (Me to) She has been playing for a long time. (She does not need to evolve at level 3) She has been trying for Origami for a week and has gotten one wizard and the rest commons. (16 tries)
I have been trying for the Dark Angel. The results from 2 Islands breeding:
Dragon qty % of total
coral 21 14.38%
water 51 34.93%
wizard 35 23.97%
mistmoth 5 3.42%
night 12 8.22%
magic 19 13.01%
aether 3 2.05%
146 100.00%
It is simply not fun anymore if it costs less to buy the dragon than to breed it. It has never been true before but it seems so now.
Also it seems the Wizard (and Titan from a different test) have become common. (look at the percentages) I hope this is not a ploy to increase gold usage by long fails. I have also looked at my neighbors (about 140) and Wizards and commons abound.
I really enjoy the game and don’t mind contributing a lot of gold. (I and 2 addicted daughters)

I hate it when the rules get changed in the middle of the game. What they should have done for both pink and black is the same as magic - come up with some common dragons and rares/super rares and not split the basic element.

hamadrys
03-16-13, 07:03 AM
It is really hard. I am breeding Virtue with Sunrise. My target is the Kite dragon. However, some fails could give me : Tiny, Chocolate also. But it's splitting constantly. I have had Firestorms, Scorpion, Eagle, Griffin (that was a good one), laserlight...but nothing with the non-split pink element. Discouraging :(

coco_angel
03-16-13, 09:02 AM
Omg i thought im the only one who didnt get that rose arch cuz alll of my nbrs got it. Id tried for over a month since the goal was released, but alll i got was mostly that ugly magic dragons. Then I finally gave up yesterday. Im sick of seeing purple dragons, evolving and trading them all. It was so easy and fast with my ipad acct but no such luck with iphone. Simply disappointed. Ive even used lots of golds to speed up at the last day of the event. What a waste..

yayacupcake
03-16-13, 09:23 AM
I still haven't got the Pink basic dragon yet :( I haven't even got a "fail" laserlight which I think looks cool and don't have yet... I'm taking a break from it and going for the Dark Dragon myself.

moostermine
03-16-13, 11:49 AM
"Anubis explained that the increase in Diamonds was natural and heralded the dawn of a new age. He told how the magics of the Nether Portal had changed the natural laws, not destoyed them. Nothing could ever do that!
Then the Mage made the Keeper an offer. Help him to uncover the New Laws that would govern the breeding of the Dark Dragons and together they could regulate them. Only when that was accomplished could they be sure that no dragon of any race would dominate others again"-Quote from a little story I posted a while back.
Feel kinda bad that bad bringing it up but it just seems to fit!

mistywjd
03-16-13, 12:50 PM
OMG, so glad I found this post soni could rant! I'm in the same boat. I'm iOS and have been trying for pinks since day one and only have tiny and justice. can't get a black hybrid to save my life. and let's. it talk about Passion!! I tried for that one for weeks back to back to back… nothing. I really enjoyed this game to but now it's annoying and frustrating and I don't even feel there's a point to play if they are going to make everything impossible to get. Do they realize it's no longer fun and they r ruining this game??

nbella1414
03-16-13, 01:03 PM
I still haven't got the Pink basic dragon yet :( I haven't even got a "fail" laserlight which I think looks cool and don't have yet... I'm taking a break from it and going for the Dark Dragon myself.

I've sold off more virtues than I can even count. 33 hours is horrible when you don't want or need the dragon!!

nbella1414
03-16-13, 01:06 PM
OMG, so glad I found this post soni could rant! I'm in the same boat. I'm iOS and have been trying for pinks since day one and only have tiny and justice. can't get a black hybrid to save my life. and let's. it talk about Passion!! I tried for that one for weeks back to back to back… nothing. I really enjoyed this game to but now it's annoying and frustrating and I don't even feel there's a point to play if they are going to make everything impossible to get. Do they realize it's no longer fun and they r ruining this game??

I bred my heart dragons what seems like a million times without getting the passion baby. Then when I found out you can get it from diamond/diamond breeding I ended up getting it pretty fast.

I had to sell my second diamond yesterday to make room for Mercury. So sad.

salinho
03-16-13, 05:50 PM
This is INSANE. I think I just got a laserlight using a justice and a fruitful.
WHAT. THE. HECK. why's everything breaking down so much?? This is absurd. No fun at all. I'm really irritated right now. :(

erxi9
03-17-13, 09:34 AM
i finally got my flower dragon after trying for 3 weeks.. few...

hamadrys
03-17-13, 09:37 AM
3 weeks...wow...that is scary. Congratulations ! Your hard work and tenacity paid off :)

belizeanmama
03-17-13, 12:57 PM
I've gotten the night and goblin. For the pinks I got virtue and tiny and I quit trying for them to try for the blacks. They are frustrating. So whenever I start to feel frustrated I switch and try breeding for something else I don't have. I still do not have an aether and you got 3! lol, I guess it's just the luck of the draw. Sometimes I think I should just ignore all these new dragons and just try for a diamond.

J85909266
03-17-13, 08:28 PM
Keeping this thread alive to show TL how frustrating this has become for some of us.

I STILL have not gotten a single black hybrid.

For the record, I play, literally, every dragon/monster/dinosaur breeding, tap and wait game available on Android, and Dragon Story is the only one that has hit me with a roadblock, like this. As I'm going through my rounds every hour or so, I click Dragon Story last, even though it was my first breeding game and used to be my favorite. I'm just so sick of never getting anything new since these black and pink hybrids showed up.

jennyh30
03-18-13, 10:17 AM
Finally got my first pink hybrid! Don't really like any of them but its my first new dragon since I got my night do yayy

UnoRaven
03-18-13, 10:30 AM
The whole point of this game is breeding dragons, but with the way pink and black break down, it takes all the fun out of it. Especially if you're on Android and can't do anything but sell all of your fails. This is a little ridiculous.

sweetstuff525
03-18-13, 01:52 PM
Still no black hybrids...... Really having fun with same dragons coming out... And not being selected for beta testing

riisak
03-18-13, 01:57 PM
I can't even imagine the nitemare people must be going through trying to get dark angel dragon (night + diamond).

The only thing I can think of worse would be a Virtue + Dark combo. omfg....

It really is frustrating that they've left these dragons like this. It was bad enough having one (virtue) but now that we have two it's just over the top frustration. They need to start adding more breeding possibilities to these elements, so that they can be treated as a whole element instead of a partial or w/e they call it.

RotomGuy
03-18-13, 02:10 PM
They should still split. Just not as often. And to be getting Tuskers (supposedly Super Rare) 5 times while trying for a Kite (supposedly Rare) is not right.

riisak
03-18-13, 02:13 PM
They should still split. Just not as often. And to be getting Tuskers (supposedly Super Rare) 5 times while trying for a Kite (supposedly Rare) is not right.

yes that is a good solution. They made the occurrance rate way, way too low....

salinho
03-18-13, 03:46 PM
Keeping this thread alive to show TL how frustrating this has become for some of us.

I STILL have not gotten a single black hybrid.

For the record, I play, literally, every dragon/monster/dinosaur breeding, tap and wait game available on Android, and Dragon Story is the only one that has hit me with a roadblock, like this. As I'm going through my rounds every hour or so, I click Dragon Story last, even though it was my first breeding game and used to be my favorite. I'm just so sick of never getting anything new since these black and pink hybrids showed up.
I'm on the same boat here. I haven't been very lucky. Even in Monster Story - I'm only missing 2 monsters (Magmadillo, which I want badly, and Chipmoss). Funny thing is, I tried desperately for hermit cats for a bit over a month before mine was born, and now in the last couple of weeks I've bred four more. -.-

Haven't gotten a new dragon since night came out. Not counting lightning. So annoyed!!!

Melodies4Life
03-18-13, 07:29 PM
The whole point of this game is breeding dragons, but with the way pink and black break down, it takes all the fun out of it. Especially if you're on Android and can't do anything but sell all of your fails. This is a little ridiculous.

Wait, what? On Android you can't trade dragons? For whatever reason I bred two Night dragons last week, but can't breed Rightheart. I stopped trying. Go figure. I bred Diamond last Friday...smh

DraconJakc
03-18-13, 08:02 PM
I am in the same boat... so when does it sail?

I play on 2 android devices & both got night & virtue easily. But for the life of me, I only got chocolate and nothing else out of black & pink. That is on the two devices. In fact I got a 2nd large pink prairie in one device that has been lying idle occupying precious space & habitat slot for more than 1 month, I guess. But no pink hybrid to fill it up until now...

DraconJakc
03-18-13, 08:03 PM
I am in the same boat... so when does it sail?

I play on 2 android devices & both got night & virtue easily. But for the life of me, I only got chocolate and nothing else out of black & pink. That is on the two devices. In fact I got a 2nd large pink prairie in one device that has been lying idle occupying precious space & habitat slot for more than 1 month, I guess. But no pink hybrid to fill it up until now...
By the way, I got 2 diamonds, 2 infinities & a crusader... but no pink or black hybrid so what gives?

DragonTan1
03-18-13, 08:15 PM
I just got Virture a few days ago, and another is in the nest.. are these difficult to get? I evolved Virtue before and bred it with Light, (16 hours) so that should be Tiny.

SybreTiger
03-18-13, 10:27 PM
They said there would be no Super Rare hybrids of Pink, due to the split breeding of pinks would make them too hard to get.. Yet here are Blacks, and they completely ignored that with the Super Rare Goblin, with more likely to come...

mymummy789
03-19-13, 01:19 AM
They said there would be no Super Rare hybrids of Pink, due to the split breeding of pinks would make them too hard to get.. Yet here are Blacks, and they completely ignored that with the Super Rare Goblin, with more likely to come...

If the goblin is super rare, why is that the only black hybrid I have managed to get !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I decided to try breeding my atlantis with my night dragon, figuring at least I might get either a deep or a hunter. First go and I did get a 15 hour breed which could be a deep, but it could also be aurora (already had several of those) or another atlantis. I just find I can't get excited about this game now because there are so many possibilities with the same breed time.

WendyCroy
03-19-13, 04:31 AM
In 73 tries of breeding splitting colors (Dark & Pink), I got only 2 Pink hybrids : Chocolate and recently Justice.
With this poor ratio, how could I/we craft a simple small Pink or Dark gem ?
Spending so much time on dragons that are only rare is just insane !
These colors shouldn't split at all, because it will take months or years before we could craft a single big Pink or Dark gem.
(I specify that I not speed my breeding).
I don't have Diamond, and I don't whine for it because I know it is Ultra Rare.

YeamLava should make Pink & Dark not be able to split, and include common Pink & Dark dragon to compensate.
The game begins to be annoying and not fun anymore :-(

UnoRaven
03-19-13, 05:13 AM
Wait, what? On Android you can't trade dragons? For whatever reason I bred two Night dragons last week, but can't breed Rightheart. I stopped trying. Go figure. I bred Diamond last Friday...smh

Nope, Android doesn't have trading/crafting, boosts, new dawn quests, dragon quests, the album, or any of the new beta feature like the boosted breeding.

Literally the only thing we can do with the game is breed dragons, and with the way that pink and black split, we can't even do that.

mymummy789
03-19-13, 06:18 AM
If the goblin is super rare, why is that the only black hybrid I have managed to get !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I decided to try breeding my atlantis with my night dragon, figuring at least I might get either a deep or a hunter. First go and I did get a 15 hour breed which could be a deep, but it could also be aurora (already had several of those) or another atlantis. I just find I can't get excited about this game now because there are so many possibilities with the same breed time.
I will never know what that 15 hour breed was. Just opened my DS again and the breeding den is empty :mad: Tried the same combo again and have another 20 hour planet on the way.

Words (polite ones, anyway) cannot express how utterly fed up I am with this game at the moment :mad::mad::mad:

mommeeof4
03-19-13, 07:00 AM
Question, when breeding a night dragon, does it just break down to blue and purple or does the purple break down too? For example, I just bread a night and light dragon and got 17 hours. So did I get a dream dragon, which would be great since I don't already have one. Or could it also be a super because the purple broke down to red and blue?

cedkugedchgd
03-19-13, 07:06 AM
I will never know what that 15 hour breed was. Just opened my DS again and the breeding den is empty :mad: Tried the same combo again and have another 20 hour planet on the way.

Words (polite ones, anyway) cannot express how utterly fed up I am with this game at the moment :mad::mad::mad:

last week one of my friends came over. she's also playing dragon story and just put athletic and griffin in the breeding den and got 10 hours. then after a while it was empty again, she bred again and got 14 hours. oh well..

kurebiz
03-19-13, 07:22 AM
Question, when breeding a night dragon, does it just break down to blue and purple or does the purple break down too? For example, I just bread a night and light dragon and got 17 hours. So did I get a dream dragon, which would be great since I don't already have one. Or could it also be a super because the purple broke down to red and blue?

purple doesn't break down. luck is also 17 hours btw.

mommeeof4
03-19-13, 08:56 AM
purple doesn't break down. luck is also 17 hours btw.

"Lucky" me. Lol I am sure that's it! Tempted to use gold to speed it up but if it turns out to be a luck then I will be annoyed at myself for wasting gold just because I am impatient. ;)
Thanks!

pegasus14
03-19-13, 09:59 AM
In 73 tries of breeding splitting colors (Dark & Pink), I got only 2 Pink hybrids : Chocolate and recently Justice.
With this poor ratio, how could I/we craft a simple small Pink or Dark gem ?
Spending so much time on dragons that are only rare is just insane !
These colors shouldn't split at all, because it will take months or years before we could craft a single big Pink or Dark gem.
(I specify that I not speed my breeding).
I don't have Diamond, and I don't whine for it because I know it is Ultra Rare.

YeamLava should make Pink & Dark not be able to split, and include common Pink & Dark dragon to compensate.
The game begins to be annoying and not fun anymore :-(

I've had better luck getting these gems from mystery boxes when trading rares than for duplicate pinks. Though I seem to breed a fair amount of Bubbles and little else.

cherokee329
03-19-13, 12:06 PM
I gave up breeding the black dragon because the new ones are too hard to get. I'm about done with Dragon Story. I play on a Kindle and it is getting boring not having the same opportunities as Apple devices. I'll still play other TL games I enjoy more. I am definately hooked, just not to Dragon Story. Fun at first but it has about run it's course for me...Good luck to those breeding the black & pink dragons.

J85909266
03-20-13, 10:29 AM
Lol, got an Anubis Dragon trying for dark angel. Seems like the game will give me anything but a black hybrid.

mityaj
03-20-13, 04:11 PM
Missing Goblin and Moon out of the night dragons. Missing Kite out the pinks. At least 20 attempts for each of them with no success.

mityaj
03-20-13, 04:21 PM

Yep, Kite is the last missing pink hybrid for me too and no matter what I try - can't get it(((

itzjulezzz
03-21-13, 01:39 AM
I bred mirage & night. I got nine hours three times, all seabreezes. That's suppose to be super rare! Pshhhh. Some one needs to define that to TL

jovanisto
03-21-13, 03:11 AM
I wish i had a seabreeze... Mirage left and night right or the contrary ?

jovanisto
03-21-13, 03:12 AM
I think once you hvae a dragon, it's not super rare for YOU any more. It took me ages to get wizard and titan and now i get the, all the time.

Iridescentt
03-21-13, 06:39 AM
?? Will the pink dragons be going away if thou don't breed them all now???

kurebiz
03-21-13, 07:01 AM
?? Will the pink dragons be going away if thou don't breed them all now???

no. pinks are here to stay. not sure about chocolate though, not sure if it is limited edition. TL doesn't seem to be removing the older dragons anymore.

itzjulezzz
03-21-13, 02:11 PM
fourth seabreeze...really?:mad:
took a break from that for chocolate & I FINALLY got my laserlight! yayy

RotomGuy
03-21-13, 02:20 PM
I am breeding together Lightning and Deep and hoping for a Kite, Goblin or Moon. I want a Hunter or Flower as well but I don't know how to smuggle a Leaf element in there.

DragonTan1
03-21-13, 02:57 PM
fourth seabreeze...really?:mad:
took a break from that for chocolate & I FINALLY got my laserlight! yayy

What combo were you using? I need Seabreeze, Chocolate & Laserlight. lol

DragonTan1
03-21-13, 02:58 PM
I bred mirage & night. I got nine hours three times, all seabreezes. That's suppose to be super rare! Pshhhh. Some one needs to define that to TL

Just saw this... you were using Mirage & Night.

itzjulezzz
03-21-13, 04:20 PM
Just saw this... you were using Mirage & Night.

yup! then switched to virtue & light to try for chocolate & got my laserlight...I'm just gonna stick to breeding night & virtue with other dragons that have three colors in them

Cyclohexane
03-21-13, 06:30 PM
I got Illusion with Night + Aurora on one account and Diamond with other.

The Diamond was on my wife's phone in the level 60s. My main account is almost 90 and no Diamond :(

Also, the Illusion is my least favorite with the goofy red lips.

dolfinzluver
06-02-13, 02:40 PM
Sheesh. I have tried for one pink hybrid and one black hybrid and haven't gotten ANYTHING. :( I have heard something on dragon story wiki, though. It explains how the colors of pink and black split and go into a "pool" of colors. For instance, I tried for an origami dragon and got a love dragon (of course, I traded it). I realized that this happened because the pink color split into red and white, and I ended up getting the love dragon. The wiki explains it better than I do, though. Look up "dragon story eggs" and it should be the first one that comes up. Look for a pink, black, fairytale, cosmic, mythic, or diamond color dragon to learn more about this topic. I'd recommend breeding a two color rare or super-rare hybrid with pink or black for your best shot at one of the dragons. Hope this helps!

dolfinzluver
06-02-13, 02:42 PM
I'm certainly having trouble with this. I wish that pink and black hybrids were easier to get. Look for my other post to see some tips about breeding these dragons. Hope it helps!

rubyjeen
06-02-13, 04:04 PM
Sheesh. I have tried for one pink hybrid and one black hybrid and haven't gotten ANYTHING. :( I have heard something on dragon story wiki, though. It explains how the colors of pink and black split and go into a "pool" of colors. For instance, I tried for an origami dragon and got a love dragon (of course, I traded it). I realized that this happened because the pink color split into red and white, and I ended up getting the love dragon. The wiki explains it better than I do, though. Look up "dragon story eggs" and it should be the first one that comes up. Look for a pink, black, fairytale, cosmic, mythic, or diamond color dragon to learn more about this topic. I'd recommend breeding a two color rare or super-rare hybrid with pink or black for your best shot at one of the dragons. Hope this helps!
I just read your post and I think you might be right. Yesterday I just threw in virtue and Easter , kite or justice, I only care about kite, and I got my kite. Now I'm off to do some serious trying for blacks. Hope this helps other players.

mrarfan
06-02-13, 09:15 PM
I have no black hybrids (lots of islands and mists when trying). For pink hybrids, I have a bubble dragon and two tiny dragons.

I find them extremely difficult to get.

For Pink hybrids I only have Bubble & Tiny (and Lightning in Storage while there's no time to incubate it..lol)

mrarfan
06-02-13, 09:25 PM
I hear you. It's been very frustrating trying to get pink or black hybrids. I hate having he cours split up because it makes it so hard to get the dragons you really want.

Even more harder if you're trying for a Pink & Black hybrid which is a Mask Dragon! I have tried for nearly a month for that dragon and still no luck until now!
It's like the Pink & Black hybrids are EXTREMELY SUPER RARE! Very hard! Even harder than a Diamond Dragon!
TeamLava,you are done! I (or we) feel like quitting and say bye to all the players who bought Gold from you!

dolfinzluver
06-03-13, 03:42 AM
I just read your post and I think you might be right. Yesterday I just threw in virtue and Easter , kite or justice, I only care about kite, and I got my kite. Now I'm off to do some serious trying for blacks. Hope this helps other players.

Glad that I could help. I've been playing for a little while now, and I can normally discover things that will take other players by surprise. :rolleyes:

holly_angel
06-03-13, 05:05 AM
I am so very tired of selling eggs of the nest, can not get pinks or blacks for all the fails. Now they come out with a diamond cross, for those of us who can not get diamond either frustration has rapidly overcome enjoyment.

I hope you place your dragons before you sell, otherwise you are missing out on loads of xp

holly_angel
06-03-13, 05:17 AM
I find using removed dragons are strong possibilities for super rare dragons.
Also, I find alternating between trying for two specific dragons at a time works. When you get fed up trying for one, switch and try the other.
Someyimes it seems that by breaking the breeding pattern if its been the same for awhile really shakes things up and usually gives me a new dragon, and most of the tkme its what I was trying for.
As for levels, epic and lvl 6 seem to be the highest success for the elusive super or ultra rares.
Left or right column seems to matter too.
Ive had seabreeze on left and landworm on the right and ill get fruitful six times, but first try putting landworm left and seabreeze right and bam! Super rare honeybee!

When I stopped trying fir diamond w island firestorm, I got it in less than a week. Tried for 3 weeks island firestorm combo.

Changing your pattern works!

holly_angel
06-03-13, 05:20 AM
I am breeding together Lightning and Deep and hoping for a Kite, Goblin or Moon. I want a Hunter or Flower as well but I don't know how to smuggle a Leaf element in there.

Lightning? is that ios only?

scottyhaha
06-03-13, 05:28 AM
I hope you place your dragons before you sell, otherwise you are missing out on loads of xp

You still get xp when you sell it off the nest

lunarbunny
06-03-13, 06:25 AM
Lightning? is that ios only?

Yes, sorry :( it's an album reward I think for 50 unique types of dragons

dolfinzluver
06-19-13, 06:50 AM
Black and Pink dragons are giving me fits! I've been breeding for nothing but pink and now black hybrids since they finally released pink for android, and I have gotten a Flower Dragon and a Chocolate Dragon and that's it. Been trying for nothing but black hybrids since release and haven't got a single one.

I've gotten 3 Aether, 3 Titan, 2 Mistmoth, 3 Super and Seabreeze (which was the worst of all because I thought it might be Bat or Goblin) and I'm sure a few other rares and super rares that I'm forgetting. I've gottten 6 super rares over dragons that only supposed to be rare.

I could understand if it were one specific dragon, but I'm trying for like ten different dragons, here, and nothing.I'm talking what has to be hundreds of breedings and over a month's time with only two successes. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Is anybody else having this hard of a time with these new color splitting hybrids? It's so bad for me that I'm not enjoying the game, anymore. I haven't had a single successful breeding since the first day or so Chocolate was released. It's depressing.

Sorry about the rant, but I've got nothing else to do as I wait for another 16 hour fail time trying for a black hybrid.

I don't blame you. If I had more time, I would do the same, but I don't. I only really have the time to say this: these dragons make me MAD. I wish that they could be easier to get; I haven't gotten a single one yet.

Anyuszko
06-19-13, 06:55 AM
For me it seems that breeding pink and black hybrid is easier now. I breed 3 night and one pink hybrid in about a week. (none of them had it earlier)

Anyuszko
06-19-13, 07:00 AM
For me it seems that breeding pink and black hybrid is easier now. I breed 3 night and one pink hybrid in about a week. (none of them had it earlier)

Bubble, bat, deep, illusion. I already had (earlier) flower, goblin too. (and lightning, as reward in iOS)

beejk
06-20-13, 06:57 AM
Yeah i got the same thing, in the last weak i bred moon , goblin, origami,black swan and kite dragon, wondering if it was just me or breeding did became easier.

mamareader02
06-20-13, 07:12 AM
Black angel has been evading me despite non-stop(except for 3 days)breeding since it came out!

krissy5000
06-20-13, 11:07 AM
Yeah i got the same thing, in the last weak i bred moon , goblin, origami,black swan and kite dragon, wondering if it was just me or breeding did became easier.

After months of trying for pink hybrids and getting nothing I've gotten Origami and Tiny in the past day and a half. Yeah they've changed something. I'd say they've finally started hearing our complaints but I doubt it...really I bet this means the pink hybrids are going to start to go limited.

DragonmasterC99
06-20-13, 11:37 AM

Im having trouble breeding black dragon breeds too. But i have a wuestion: if you breed a night with a fire, will you get only fire from thay breeding, or will there be a chance you get something else? Just wondering. Cos i bred my night and mirage and i got a charm. Strange... anyway, you are lucky you breed 3 supers, i cant get a super! Did you end uo with suoer when yiu breed with a black, or if you were trying for a jight or something?

maguar
06-21-13, 12:22 AM
Im having trouble breeding black dragon breeds too. But i have a wuestion: if you breed a night with a fire, will you get only fire from thay breeding, or will there be a chance you get something else? Just wondering. Cos i bred my night and mirage and i got a charm. Strange... anyway, you are lucky you breed 3 supers, i cant get a super! Did you end uo with suoer when yiu breed with a black, or if you were trying for a jight or something?

In breeding night can act as black, blue or purple

DragonmasterC99
06-21-13, 05:36 AM
In breeding night can act as black, blue or purple

Oh, ok thank you! That makes sense now! So it only works as black, blue, or purple evnif you bred it with different colours?

mityaj
06-21-13, 04:17 PM
Based on my experience, it seems that the best odds of getting pink or night hybrids is to breed them with the diamond hybrid of the desired type. I got kite with virtue/gold, goblin with night/crusader... But could be just luck)

wayneh23
06-21-13, 04:21 PM
Based on my experience, it seems that the best odds of getting pink or night hybrids is to breed them with the diamond hybrid of the desired type. I got kite with virtue/gold, goblin with night/crusader... But could be just luck)
i will try night/crusader next, i need a break from trying for hunter, that one is doing my head in.

montrianmaster
06-24-13, 06:44 PM
I keep getting a night dragon accedently

kittycountess
06-24-13, 08:28 PM
Are the black dragons self replicating hermaphrodites? So far EVERY attempt at breeding a black hybrid for me has resulted in bluexpurple (usually the dreaded ten hour Coral.) It doesn't matter what I breed against it. It will split and breed with its own colors. I know people said this happens, even if logically the child should grab one color from each parent. But it shouldn't happen ALL THE TIME. I can take the silly illogical fail breed a couple of times for the sake of the game wanting to make it harder. It's highly stupid though for it to be the only outcome after two dozen tries.

wayneh23
06-25-13, 01:05 AM
i am on my 3rd week of night/forest trying for hunter, i lost count of the fails but 1 good thing that has come from no new dragons is i have actually made all my dragons epic and have started making my dupes epic, have saved 10 million and have a bunch of food, so thanks TL for making it so difficult to get new dragons, that way i don't have to spend real money keeping up.

wayneh23
06-25-13, 01:17 AM
just got another 15 hour fail, if i actually thought i had a chance i would buy some gold and speed breed, but there is no point.

brandonu
06-25-13, 08:51 AM
I had an awful time with this, then I got Bat and Deep in back to back breedings.

aceblade
06-25-13, 09:47 AM

I'll try Night with Angel and see what that gets me.
My only Diamond Hybrid available! lol

wayneh23
06-25-13, 01:50 PM
night/forest another 10 hour fail, well atleast it was only 10 hours.

beankai
06-25-13, 03:07 PM
My wife is lvl 81, I have two devices in the 60s, my dad has a device in the 50s, my two kids have accounts in the high 40s. Combined we both have exactly zero Night Hybrids. We have diamond on two accounts and yet no Night hybrids. GG TL. I went from playing this game all day to barely checking it once a day now. All the splitting ruined the game. You need a calculator to figure out what you might get and you always get the same dragon fails even when breeding new types (Island, Magic, Firestorm, Charm, Fruitful are 98% of every hybrid breeding egg in the game). It is extremely boring. Playing this game was fun up until lvl 40-45 ish. After that it all downhill fast. My recommendation is check DS one time a day in the morning and then forget about it. You will be much happier that way and when you do get something new (once every two or three weeks) be happy you didn't waste your time and/or money on it. Also, if you have iOS enjoy never seeing a lvl 10 of any new dragon.

dragnzMomma
06-26-13, 10:29 AM
Im having the same issues. Its been over 4 weeks since i have had a new dragon egg. Im giving this game a few more weeks and if pink, black, cosmic, mystics keep splitting, it will be time to uninstall this game. I think ill give candy crusher a try.

J85909266
06-26-13, 12:10 PM
Since making this thread 4 months ago, I just got my first night hybrid, no joke.

scottyhaha
06-26-13, 12:24 PM
That's sad!! But congrats on your 1st hybrid.

aceblade
06-26-13, 01:10 PM
Think I'm going to breed Lightning to Diamond in an attempt for Kite. Also opens up the possibility of me getting Gold, Honeybee, and Griffin.

wayneh23
06-26-13, 01:33 PM
Add another coral and island fail, well atleast with the 20 hour fail i know there is no need to check in till tomorrow morning.

wayneh23
06-26-13, 01:34 PM
Since making this thread 4 months ago, I just got my first night hybrid, no joke.
What was it?

Anyuszko
06-27-13, 01:26 AM
I was recognising something, maybe it is a glitch, or just luck, I dont know.

Wherever I purchase some gold, and breeding pink or night, I almost always get one pink or night hybrid. So far I got a lot, more than half of these hybrid I bred (but not any duplicate).

Try out, maybe it will help you.

Sumercarefree
06-27-13, 01:36 AM
It is very funny. When you get one dragon say a Black then a lot of Black start appearing.
I had 3 blacks and I traded one out. Recently I suddenly had 3 Parakeets and 2 Goblins, Night Elf, 2 Laserlight, one Kitsune etc.
Perhaps your complaints are working thanks.
I badly need a Mask, its beautiful.

Diamond Hybrids are hard to get for me.

Sumercarefree
06-27-13, 01:37 AM
Think I'm going to breed Lightning to Diamond in an attempt for Kite. Also opens up the possibility of me getting Gold, Honeybee, and Griffin.

I thought Kite is Red and Purple.
Yes a Gold would me magical.

RotomGuy
06-27-13, 01:42 AM
I thought Kite is Red and Purple.
Yes a Gold would me magical.

Kite is Pink and Yellow. It took me 364 tries.

mrarfan
06-27-13, 03:14 AM

Seriously? Kite must be the complicated dragon you will ever get! Wait until you try for Mask :p

beejk
06-27-13, 05:21 AM
Seriously? Kite must be the complicated dragon you will ever get! Wait until you try for Mask :p

Worst thing for me about trying for mask is that is got the same breeding time as Athletic Dragon 11 hours, they are both rare . but sadly got my hopes up like 10 times while i knew it was another Athletic Dragon.

montrianmaster
06-27-13, 08:22 AM
Im having trouble breeding black dragon breeds too. But i have a wuestion: if you breed a night with a fire, will you get only fire from thay breeding, or will there be a chance you get something else? Just wondering. Cos i bred my night and mirage and i got a charm. Strange... anyway, you are lucky you breed 3 supers, i cant get a super! Did you end uo with suoer when yiu breed with a black, or if you were trying for a jight or something? I can't get a super either

J85909266
06-27-13, 09:52 AM
What was it?
It was a goblin. My favorite of all the night hybrids, actually. Got it with Night and Virtue.

beankai
06-27-13, 01:38 PM

For both me and my wife Kite is the only Pink Hybrid we have. Both of us got it by breeding pink with scarecrow. We were shooting for diamond and ended up with a Kite.

ganodustin
06-27-13, 06:01 PM
of course they are hard to get. they got too many fails and take too long to hatch. i used to get 3 firestorm and 2 sunrise using virtue/air and then i gave up. some fails take too long time such as sunrise, titan, wizard, night and virtue. i heard some people got titan using virtue/magic virtue/night night/fire and some other combos. while trying for chocolate, i got 3 virtue in a row which was so frustrating. virtue and night hybrids are too hard to get.

ganodustin
06-27-13, 06:06 PM
I can't get a super either

you can try familiar with athletic. i got 4 super dragons in a row. it's also a good try for aurora.

LaraRider
06-28-13, 12:32 PM
Good to know its not only me who is having such hard time with pink/black hybrids, couse i was about to go crazy!!! I play on Android and have been try ing for black and pink hybrids over 3 months now-and I am talking DAILY. Mostly i tried for flower dragon and I got tons of life dragons, tons of love dragons and 5-6 landworm. So i can get landworm which is super rare, but no chance I get flower which is rare :// go figure. So I tried for mask--even worse. I cant breed mask dragon to save my life! I tried deep-no luck. pink and black are spliting like CRAZY and it is SO frustrating having super rare hybrids, but not ONE black or pink hybrid. Why are they so hard to get? I am rapidly losing interest in the game-its just not so fun anymore. Seems like black and pink hybrids are not rare, but impossible to get. And black are my fav dragons, I wanted to have all of them, seems like its not gonna happen :( to make thing even worse, I tried once in a while to add extra color to try for diamond, and so far I believe I have tried every combo I could find online. But no luck either. I need some encouragement with this game and quickly...just sayin

DragonmasterC99
06-29-13, 06:38 AM
Good to know its not only me who is having such hard time with pink/black hybrids, couse i was about to go crazy!!! I play on Android and have been try ing for black and pink hybrids over 3 months now-and I am talking DAILY. Mostly i tried for flower dragon and I got tons of life dragons, tons of love dragons and 5-6 landworm. So i can get landworm which is super rare, but no chance I get flower which is rare :// go figure. So I tried for mask--even worse. I cant breed mask dragon to save my life! I tried deep-no luck. pink and black are spliting like CRAZY and it is SO frustrating having super rare hybrids, but not ONE black or pink hybrid. Why are they so hard to get? I am rapidly losing interest in the game-its just not so fun anymore. Seems like black and pink hybrids are not rare, but impossible to get. And black are my fav dragons, I wanted to have all of them, seems like its not gonna happen :( to make thing even worse, I tried once in a while to add extra color to try for diamond, and so far I believe I have tried every combo I could find online. But no luck either. I need some encouragement with this game and quickly...just sayin

Yes, i understand. I just updated my game and unlocked all the other colours, but they seem impossible to get. Im trying for a super, and then when i update, then they just dump a ton of dragons and new quests on u.

aceblade
06-29-13, 06:56 AM
I tried once in a while to add extra color to try for diamond, and so far I believe I have tried every combo I could find online. But no luck either. I need some encouragement with this game and quickly...just sayin

I tried for Diamond a couple times, but with so many different dragons coming and going, I stopped and simply focused on saving up my gold (from neighbors and Treasure Cave) so I could buy one. It took months of saving, but I did it.
To me, it felt just as rewarding saving up and purchasing one with gold as it would have from being lucky enough to breed one.

I suppose my advice is to continue to try breeding your Diamond while trying to save up gold from your neighbors. :)

akram06
06-29-13, 07:36 AM
been trying for mask since it released with no luck :c

lainy28
06-29-13, 09:56 AM
Is it true that you cant breed with Virtue

lainy28
06-29-13, 09:59 AM
Is it true that you cant breed with Virtue

Whoops meant Infinity

anurulz
06-29-13, 11:59 PM
i have been luckier with the pinks..but none of the night hybrids except moon and the lucky night elf fail..

LaraRider
07-01-13, 03:52 AM
Yes, i understand. I just updated my game and unlocked all the other colours, but they seem impossible to get. Im trying for a super, and then when i update, then they just dump a ton of dragons and new quests on u.

Totaly true :( I dont even bother with quests anymore couse the rewards are so not worth it. I just want some pink and black hybrid and a diamond dragon - makes me crazy people have diamond with Firestorm/Serpent or Firestorm/Island- I tried this combos 100 times and best I got is Mirage :(

LaraRider
07-01-13, 03:54 AM
I tried for Diamond a couple times, but with so many different dragons coming and going, I stopped and simply focused on saving up my gold (from neighbors and Treasure Cave) so I could buy one. It took months of saving, but I did it.
To me, it felt just as rewarding saving up and purchasing one with gold as it would have from being lucky enough to breed one.

I suppose my advice is to continue to try breeding your Diamond while trying to save up gold from your neighbors. :)

Thank you aceblade, I needed to hear that :) still I only have about 155 gold now so its gonna be a long long time I save for diamond (sigh) :)

aceblade
07-01-13, 06:00 AM
Thank you aceblade, I needed to hear that :) still I only have about 155 gold now so its gonna be a long long time I save for diamond (sigh) :)
No problem, hang in there. Maybe, in the meantime, you'll score a bunch of Limited Dragons before they're gone! :)

psykopod19
07-01-13, 06:14 AM
been trying for mask since it released with no luck :c

I've got 3 in a week... This game is weird...

cakeandpie
07-01-13, 08:57 AM
I'm saving gold for diamond too. I'm at about 210 so it will take some time but I've come to understand that's the only way I'll EVER get it.

The blacks and pinks (other than plain virtue) are ridiculously rare for me too. I only have ONE black hybrid. It's NUTS.

aceblade
07-01-13, 10:29 AM
The blacks and pinks (other than plain virtue) are ridiculously rare for me too. I only have ONE black hybrid. It's NUTS.

I don't even have that!
I'd like Moon... maybe I'll start there...

danni7788
07-01-13, 11:12 AM
Are black and pink hybrids easier to get than usual lately? I thought I saw someone posting about it before. Just put Water and Virtue together and got Bubble first try. Could be lucky, but that has never happened to me before. I have 2 night hybrids and now 3 pink hybrids, and I've been trying since their release. I'll test out some others soon!

brandonu
07-01-13, 11:35 AM
I'm saving gold for diamond too. I'm at about 210 so it will take some time but I've come to understand that's the only way I'll EVER get it.

I got my diamond because of this overall issue. I bred virtue and aurora trying to get a pink hybrid and I didn't care which one. 44 hours in the den was a pleasant surprise, to say the least.

brandonu
07-01-13, 11:37 AM
I posted earlier that I got two night hybrids back to back, after a long time of only having one. I haven't got any night or pink hybrids since, but I haven't really been trying for them. Trying for Independence at the moment with Diamond and Bubble.

montrianmaster
07-04-13, 07:57 AM
you can try familiar with athletic. i got 4 super dragons in a row. it's also a good try for aurora.
the athletic is impossible for me to get thank s to the magic dragon.

DragonLady1955
07-04-13, 08:34 AM
I am on Kindle and I cant even get a darn moon dragon. I have posted for help on my wall in game and been completely ignored. Can someone please tell me what's the best for moon? Please? Ty

scottyhaha
07-04-13, 08:48 AM
Try virtue/night or unicorn/night

paradisemirka8774
07-06-13, 01:15 PM
I am on Kindle and I cant even get a darn moon dragon. I have posted for help on my wall in game and been completely ignored. Can someone please tell me what's the best for moon? Please? Ty

Hi, I got MOON by breeding NIGHT 10lvl and LIGHT 10lvl. Hope it will help. I post on my wall every breeding I do to help people ;) . My ID paradisemirka8774

anurulz
07-06-13, 02:43 PM
i have two night hybrids now..moon with night wid light, and now i got a illusion with night and cosmic..hope it helps..

DragonmasterC99
07-16-13, 01:22 PM
Totaly true :( I dont even bother with quests anymore couse the rewards are so not worth it. I just want some pink and black hybrid and a diamond dragon - makes me crazy people have diamond with Firestorm/Serpent or Firestorm/Island- I tried this combos 100 times and best I got is Mirage :(

Yeah,ive done plenty of different combos to try for super % diamond at the same time,but nothing seems to work. Ive evn tried to breed 5 colours to see if it would increase my chances.

DragonmasterC99
07-16-13, 01:26 PM

Ok, sounds good. But i cant even get myself a familiar because im too wrapped up in getting that super dragon. I HAVE to get one,along with parakeet. And then at least one or two pink and black hybrids.

Blackfaer
11-25-14, 11:31 AM
I have been trying for a moon dragon for around 6 months. I have received the blue moon dragon from a white/black pairing 6 times. I have tried white/black around 80+ attempts and still no moon. How is blue moon super rare if I can get it so many times but no regular moon? The splitting mechanic needs to be altered.

LonePudding
11-25-14, 11:59 AM
the only pinks/blacks I have:

Magma: mined
Lotus: crafted
Origami: spin to win
Lightning: Album

So basically, I have never bred a pink or black hybrid! Terrible...
I think the splitting chances should be.. 20-30% chance of a split.

PernReloaded
11-25-14, 01:46 PM
the only pinks/blacks I have:

Magma: mined
And that's a red/black, to boot, not a pink/black! >.<

I dread trying for any split dragons, but I desperately want cherry blossom before it disappears.

droopy123love
12-03-14, 01:45 AM
I disagree when its said that pink and black hybrids are to rare, as i have about 16-17 different pink (hybrid) dragons, and 7 or 8 blacks. Agree i dont have mask, but you have to keep some challenges